Which Batman "look" do you prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sindahouse
I loved the way Batman was drawn when I first started reading Batman comics in 97. He was black not blue, no jocks over his tights, just black tights. His cape would usually be exaggerated, covering Batman all over. To quote Brian Bollard, Batman was a very 2D character.

Though I prefer the black with no jock look, I can handle the traditional blue with jock look, provided he is a 2D Batman. I must say that I do miss the 'shadowy' 2D Batman. These days Batman is very very 3D, hardly a creepy looking creature but just plain badass. I like badass but I miss the spooky, shadowish, 2D Batman..

Anyway I just wanted peoples opinion on this. Do we prefer the 2D or 3D Batman look? I've attached Brian Bolland's Batman vs Jim Lee's Batman to compare.

Please not, I love Jim Lee's art. I'm definitely not having a go at Jim. This is merely a comparison of Batman portrayal, not 'who is the better artist.'

FistOfThe North
Origins ..

sindahouse
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Origins ..

Origins does capture the best of both worlds doesn't it. Good call

relentless1
loved how he was drawn in the Hush storyline

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.