Alamo battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, Atrocitus, Sinestro, Saint Walker, and 195 veteran (minimum of 2yrs experience) Green Lanterns

VS

General Zod and 1500 Kryptonians (New Krypton version)

Stipulations: Team 1 is allowed only one Power ring, but those that have different rings get to choose which one the use. Lanterns are inside an indestructible fortress similar in appearance to the Alamo, Kryptonians are in battle formation outside.

abhilegend

What?

jitay
Originally posted by abhilegend

What?

200 GL (min 2 yrs XP) in indestructible Alamo Fortress

VS

1500 New Krypton Kryptonians in battle formations

DarkSaint85
So....Sinestro shows them how to make portals, and they all BFR the Kryptonians?

jitay
@DarkSaint85 that quote without context seems wrong

Brockalizer

What? Can't you read? Before you call this a spite thread in favor of Kryptonians, remember that the "New Kryptonians maybe powerful, but they aren't Superman powerful. They are still getting used to their powers, while the Lantern team have some of the most powerful lanterns ever and are amped by Saint Walker's Blue Ring. Basically this is a "numbers vs experience" thread.

Rao Kal El
Indestructible fortress, should give this away.

If the fortress is indestructible why bother?

If I were Zod, I will phanton zone the fortress, because is indestructible, since i cant destroy it, ill by pass it

Odekahn
The Lanterns take this imo

Rao Kal El
^Yep specially, because the fortress cannot be destroyed.

With this stips even robin can win, and no matter who is outside the fortress is indestructible.

You could mentally trick the lanterns into believingvthey won so they open the gates and you storm the fortress, but that is just too much plot going on.

pym-ftw
Unless the locks are invincible Zod's forces win.

Assuming ninja law is off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Can't you read? Before you call this a spite thread in favor of Kryptonians, remember that the "New Kryptonians maybe powerful, but they aren't Superman powerful. They are still getting used to their powers, while the Lantern team have some of the most powerful lanterns ever and are amped by Saint Walker's Blue Ring. Basically this is a "numbers vs experience" thread.
A single kryptonian did this to hal and john.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/03.jpg

Imagine what 1500 would do.

Brockalizer
A single kryptonian did this to hal and john.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/03.jpg

Imagine what 1500 would do. :yawn: That was an open field battle, without the benefit of an amp. This fight would have the Kryptonite bottlenecked by a doorway, with their mobility severely limited by indestructible hallways, and walking directly into the line of fire of three of the greatest lanterns ever, and 195 seasoned veterans, all amped by a blue ring. Now add Atrocitus, and things start to look up for the Lanterns.

abhilegend
:yawn: That was an open field battle, without the benefit of an amp. This fight would have the Kryptonite bottlenecked by a doorway, with their mobility severely limited by indestructible hallways, and walking directly into the line of fire of three of the greatest lanterns ever, and 195 seasoned veterans, all amped by a blue ring. Now add Atrocitus, and things start to look up for the Lanterns. So you're going to decide the outcome of the battle too? Why wouldn't lanterns' mobility be hindered? A blue ring has its limitation and Cyborg Superman was outright more powerful than Saint Walker and Starman combined. 1500 kryptonians would push lanterns' shit in.

Brockalizer
So you're going to decide the outcome of the battle too? Why wouldn't lanterns' mobility be hindered? A blue ring has its limitation and Cyborg Superman was outright more powerful than Saint Walker and Starman combined. 1500 kryptonians would push lanterns' shit in. I didn't decide the outcome, just stated a plausible strategy based on the parameters of the OP. And as for Cyborg Superman, Hank Henshaw is far more powerful than an average Kryptonian.

abhilegend
I didn't decide the outcome, just stated a plausible strategy based on the parameters of the OP. And as for Cyborg Superman, Hank Henshaw is far more powerful than an average Kryptonian.
Which is rather unlikely. Henshaw IS more powerful than a single kryptonian but even 5 kryptonians combined are more powerful than him.

Brockalizer
Which is rather unlikely. Henshaw IS more powerful than a single kryptonian but even 5 kryptonians combined are more powerful than him. Unlikely that a highly trained force faced with with an opponent significantly out numbers and out guns them, wouldn't choose a tactic that would neutralize those advantages? Interesting theory. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the French military, would you?

Odekahn
Which is rather unlikely. Henshaw IS more powerful than a single kryptonian but even 5 kryptonians combined are more powerful than him.

Can you provide a feat from 5 no name kryptonians that is better than anything Henshaw has ever done?

pym-ftw
I hope your joking...

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I hope your joking...

Why's that?

pym-ftw
If a character has good feats, they aren't "no-names" anymore.

Reflassshh
Military kryptonian forces vs 200 spacial cops?, new krypton takes this.

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
If a character has good feats, they aren't "no-names" anymore.

I know. It was a rhetorical point.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Military kryptonian forces vs 200 spacial cops?, new krypton takes this. These "Spacial Cops" were facing down galactic class threats while the Kryptonians were little more than conversation pieces in Superman's curio cabinet.

Reflassshh
These "Spacial Cops" were facing down galactic class threats while the Kryptonians were little more than conversation pieces in Superman's curio cabinet.

Lanterns may have more experience facing super powered threats, but kryptonians have formal military training as well, and the numbers on their side.

Brockalizer
Lanterns may have more experience facing super powered threats, but kryptonians have formal military training as well, and the numbers on their side. Several of the militia members in Montana and Idaho have military training as well, doesn't mean they're good enough to take on Seal Team Six. Krypton wasn't a major military power before or at the time of it's destruction.
On a side note, I'm not sure if it's canon or not, but if you get the chance you should read the Novel "The Last Days of Krypton", by Kevin Anderson. A very good read that covers the loss of Kandor, the creation of the Phantom Zone, and the events leading up to the destruction of Krypton, as well as an interesting insight into the political structure of the Kryptonians. It's not a comic or graphic novel, but fascinating none the less.

Reflassshh
Several of the militia members in Montana and Idaho have military training as well, doesn't mean they're good enough to take on Seal Team Six. Krypton wasn't a major military power before or at the time of it's destruction.
On a side note, I'm not sure if it's canon or not, but if you get the chance you should read the Novel "The Last Days of Krypton", by Kevin Anderson. A very good read that covers the loss of Kandor, the creation of the Phantom Zone, and the events leading up to the destruction of Krypton, as well as an interesting insight into the political structure of the Kryptonians. It's not a comic or graphic novel, but fascinating none the less.
And lanterns's majority are not near the level of principal lanterns, no matter what experimented with the ring they are, though they have an amp. i get your point, but this is not a easily fight for neither of them.

thanks for the recommendation bro, i'll read it, the premise sounds interesting, i love read history books even if it's fiction! big grin, have you read something about mass effect?

Brockalizer
And lanterns's majority are not near the level of principal lanterns, no matter what experimented with the ring they are, though they have an amp. i get your point, but this is not a easily fight for neither of them.

thanks for the recommendation bro, i'll read it, the premise sounds interesting, i love read history books even if it's fiction! big grin, have you read something about mass effect? I agree that it's not gonna be easy, I just think that the Lanterns experience will be the deciding factor.
I've played Mass Effect once, but never read any of the books.

abhilegend
Unlikely that a highly trained force faced with with an opponent significantly out numbers and out guns them, wouldn't choose a tactic that would neutralize those advantages? Interesting theory. You wouldn't happen to be a member of the French military, would you?
Yup. GLC is filled with morons. Remember Emerald Twilight?Originally posted by Odekahn
Can you provide a feat from 5 no name kryptonians that is better than anything Henshaw has ever done?
A dozen kryptonian gangraped doomsday. That should give you an example how powerful they are.

quanchi112
Yup. GLC is filled with morons. Remember Emerald Twilight?
A dozen kryptonian gangraped doomsday. That should give you an example how powerful they are. Doomsday isn't that formidable past his first few arcs.

Golgo13
GLC wins.

Brockalizer
Yup. GLC is filled with morons. Remember Emerald Twilight?
These aren't your average Lanterns, they are three of the greatest Green Lanterns in the history of the Corps and 195 seasoned veterans, and Atrocitus. The strategy I posed is a very basic bottleneck strategy military forces have been utilizing for thousands of years, nothing overly complex. 198 amped Lanterns, combined with Atrocitus's red ring and magical abilities should be enough to eek out a win here.

A dozen kryptonian gangraped doomsday. That should give you an example how powerful they are. Pretty sure that was a weaker Doomsday clone and not the actual D-man himself.

Odekahn
Right, it's a 300 type scenario.

abhilegend
These aren't your average Lanterns, they are three of the greatest Green Lanterns in the history of the Corps and 195 seasoned veterans, and Atrocitus. The strategy I posed is a very basic bottleneck strategy military forces have been utilizing for thousands of years, nothing overly complex. 198 amped Lanterns, combined with Atrocitus's red ring and magical abilities should be enough to eek out a win here. Emerald twilight had Hal kill most of the corps single handedly because they were too stupid.

He was still more than superman could handle on his own.

Odekahn
Emerald twilight had Hal kill most of the corps single handedly because they were too stupid.

He was still more than superman could handle on his own.

He fought the lost lanterns, kilowag, and Sinestro before becoming Parallax. And he didn't fight them at the same time. Most were 1v1. Plus he was getting stronger after each fight because he kept taking the fallen lanterns rings.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Odekahn
He fought the lost lanterns, kilowag, and Sinestro before becoming Parallax. And he didn't fight them at the same time. Most were 1v1. Plus he was getting stronger after each fight because he kept taking the fallen lanterns rings.
That's why I said they were stupid. Also he didn't just fight lost lanterns, they were the only ones left alive.

Odekahn
That's why I said they were stupid. Also he didn't just fight lost lanterns, they were the only ones left alive.

Well right, but he didn't technically kill anyone until after he became Parallax if memory serves me correct though.

Also, ty for the kryptonian feat. Curious, which version of DD was it?

Brockalizer
Emerald twilight had Hal kill most of the corps single handedly because they were too stupid.

He was still more than superman could handle on his own. Fighting several Lanterns one on one isn't the same as fighting several dozen amped Lanterns at a time. Emerald Eclipse was just one arc. Sinestro Corps War, and War of the Green Lanterns were much better.

Brockalizer
Right, it's a 300 type scenario. Exactly.

Odekahn
Fighting several Lanterns one on one isn't the same as fighting several dozen amped Lanterns at a time. Emerald Eclipse was just one arc. Sinestro Corps War, and War of the Green Lanterns were much better.

Exactly, not mention, getting beaten by Hal is a low showing by no means.

abhilegend
Well right, but he didn't technically kill anyone until after he became Parallax if memory serves me correct though.

Also, ty for the kryptonian feat. Curious, which version of DD was it?
He beat them and took their rings. In essence he killed them.

Doomsday Rex.
Fighting several Lanterns one on one isn't the same as fighting several dozen amped Lanterns at a time. Emerald Eclipse was just one arc. Sinestro Corps War, and War of the Green Lanterns were much better.
Yeah, look at War of Green Lanterns at how effective GLC is. Heck in future superman alone was stalemating GLC for 50 years.

Brockalizer
He beat them and took their rings. In essence he killed them.

Doomsday Rex.

Yeah, look at War of Green Lanterns at how effective GLC is. Heck in future superman alone was stalemating GLC for 50 years. Wrong on two counts. First of was the New Kryptonite arc in which he previously mentioned feat happened, not Doomsday Rex. Secondly Superman is not the same as an average Kryptonian. He has the experience with his powers that a New Kryptonian doesn't and a familiarity of the Lanterns strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities that the Kryptonians lack.

abhilegend
Wrong on two counts. First of was the New Kryptonite arc in which he previously mentioned feat happened, not Doomsday Rex. Secondly Superman is not the same as an average Kryptonian. He has the experience with his powers that a New Kryptonian doesn't and a familiarity of the Lanterns strengths, weaknesses, and capabilities that the Kryptonians lack.
Don't argue with me on matters of superman related topics when you know nothing about them. Every appearance of doomsday after OWAW is Doomsday Rex who was given to Darkseid by Lex.

Superman is no average kryptonian but even he isn't worth 1500 kryptonians.

Brockalizer
Don't argue with me on matters of superman related topics when you know nothing about them. Every appearance of doomsday after OWAW is Doomsday Rex who was given to Darkseid by Lex. Not, Doomsday Rex was a pussy compared to Gog Wars Doomsday and Reign of Doomsday versions.

DarkSaint85
Why can't the Lanterns just BFR the Kryps?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why can't the Lanterns just BFR the Kryps? That's certainly an option. Hal has already stated that he knows how to take down Superman if the need were to arise. No reason the same strategy wouldn't work on a larger scale if he were aided by the rest of the team.

DarkSaint85
I will admit, I didn't quite understand the stips.

So you have the hero units, and the fodder units in the Alamo - and they can choose which ring they use (and only that ring)?

So its Either the hero units + 195 Red Lanterns, or 195 GLs, etc etc?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I will admit, I didn't quite understand the stips.

So you have the hero units, and the fodder units in the Alamo - and they can choose which ring they use (and only that ring)?

So its Either the hero units + 195 Red Lanterns, or 195 GLs, etc etc? Not quite. The only ones that get to pick a ring are the ones that have actually used different rings in the past. For example Kyle can choose either the Green ring, the Yellow ring, or any other ring he has used in the past, but he can only pick one. Same rule applies to Hal and Kyle, any color they have used in the past is fair game. IIRC Atrocitus and Saint Walker have never worn different colors so they get their default Red and Blue. The 195 are veteran Green Lanterns only, based on two things A.) they have a greater history of actually working togetheras a unit as opposed to just being on the same team like you seen in the Sinestro Corps and Red Lanterns and B.) The Blue ring Amp would only work on GL's and they'll need the extra power against the numbers of the Kryptonians.
This is basically a scaled down "300" scenario like Odekahn mentioned earlier. The Kryptonians with superior numbers, but less experience vs The Lanterns with the environmental advantage and superior overall skill when dealing with powerful opponents.

ODG
^ You should use a variation of the Hot Gates site then. Because the Alamo was a sh1tty fortress. Wasn't even really a fortress, just a fortified church.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by ODG
^ You should use a variation of the Hot Gates site then. Because the Alamo was a sh1tty fortress. Wasn't even really a fortress, just a fortified church. I did that already several months ago with similar teams, just that the numbers were different. Did want to do a duplicate thread.

ODG
^ Needs more Guy Gardner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.