Marvel Studios best to worst

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
What order would you put each of the Marvel Cinimatic Universe films in from your favourite to your least favourite. Mine is below!

Iron Man 3
Avengers Assemble
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Thor
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Rage.Of.Olympus
Iron Man
Thor: The Dark World (A guess on my part)
Avengers Assemble
Thor
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

ares834
The Avengers (I'm American get this Avengers Assemble shit outta here)
Iron Man
Thor (in a very distant third)
The Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2

COG Veteran
1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America
4. Iron Man 2
5. Thor
6. Incredible Hulk

Mindset
Avengers
Iron Man
First Class
Thor
Captain America

I don't care about the rest.

DARTH POWER
Avengers
Iron Man

Gap

Thor
The Incredible Hulk

Gap

Iron Man 2
Captain America
Iron Man 3

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Mindset
Avengers
Iron Man
First Class
Thor
Captain America

I don't care about the rest.
First Class doesn't count since that one's FOX

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Avengers
Iron Man

Gap

Thor
The Incredible Hulk

Gap

Iron Man 2
Captain America
Iron Man 3
This is pretty much my list. Cool

BruceSkywalker
might change but right now

Avengers
Iron Man/Cap
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Incredible Hulk

janus77
Best to worst:
Avengers Assemble
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Thor The Dark World
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
Captain America

Dr Will Hatch
Iron Man
The Avengers

Iron Man 2
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Thor

The first two are classics. IM2 and Captain America are better films than everyone says they are. The rest are solid but unremarkable. I predict The Dark World will at least be superior to IM3.

Kazenji
I'm betting on The Winter Soldier being the best of the solo films for phase 2.

the ninjak
Basing this upon geekasms.

Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America

Thor
Iron Man II
Iron Man III
Incredible Hulk

Haven't seen Thor II yet.

-Pr-
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

Darth Martin
I'll re-evaluate after when I see Thor: Dark World.

Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Iron Man 2
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3

The first 3 being the only strong films.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Darth Martin

The first 3 being the only strong films.

thumb up

Yep, but to be fair those 3 were outright Awesome, and the reason Marvel movies get so much respect from audiences and critics alike now.

Stealth Moose
These are very similar line-ups.

the ninjak
I'm surprised by how lowly some of you rate Captain America.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by the ninjak

Found it kind of slow, and missing the cool action sequences IM, Thor and even TIH had.

The sequel however looks really really good.

Kazenji
erm

janus77
Personally speaking, I've always found him and his stories incredibly dull, unimaginative and yawn inducing.

Nazis, Red Skull, soldiers, army ... *snore*.

I read comics/watch superhero films for the epic and rebellious characters/stories and the actual fantasy element of the superheroes themselves.

The Captain America film wasn't particularly dreadful, but not as interesting as any of the others - even IM2 was better, in many ways.

Darth Martin
I'm surprised by how lowly some of you rate Captain America. The action sequences were all lame. Then instead of Nazis they took the G.I.Joe route going for the futuristic militarized group in HYDRA.

Not bad but sure wasn't anything to write home about. Mediocre. Cap deserved a better adaptation.

the ninjak
The action sequences were all lame. Then instead of Nazis they took the G.I.Joe route going for the futuristic militarized group in HYDRA.

Not bad but sure wasn't anything to write home about. Mediocre. Cap deserved a better adaptation.

I don't agree.

Red Skull discovering the Tesseract and possibly solidifying HYDRA as a worldwide threat was a good choice.

What I do somewhat agree with you is the action aspect in having Cap fight Nazis/HYDRA in such a setting. But at least Nazis were even mentioned and shown in this film compared to the the recent animated series versions (Avengers Assemble).

I'm sure us comic fans can all perceive better versions of films that we saw. Especially in regards to action but Captain America : TFA was such a beautiful attempt at the character.

We'll have better later. What did you want exactly?

I have good feelings with the sequel.

Captain America TFA ticked many boxes in what I wanted in such a representation and if action sequences are your only gripe with it then you need to re-evaluate your view of it.

-Pr-
I liked the Cap movie; I just liked others more.

Firefly218
1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. Captain America
4. Incredible Hulk
5. Iron Man 3
6. Thor
7. Iron Man 2

Firefly218
Cap movie was better than Thor. I thought the Thor movie was incredibly average

the ninjak
Just saw Thor II and put that as 2nd on my list.
Awesome film.

Kazenji
The Captain America movie was good should be glad with what you got otherwise go back and watch the 1990 movie.

DTM
Best to worst:

The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk

C-3POTheClever
I'm suprised how low Iron Man 3's being ranked.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Kazenji
The Captain America movie was good should be glad with what you got otherwise go back and watch the 1990 movie.

LOL.

It was fine in terms of the acting and sticking to the comic book origin.

Sometimes they just give us a decent Origin story setting it up for Awesome sequels which it looks like will happen with Cap 2.

Movie Cap is actually growing on me after the WS trailer and the Loki mocking his cameo in THOR 2.

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I'm suprised how low Iron Man 3's being ranked.

Is that really a surprise? Did you not read/hear anyone complaining when the movie was released?

Darth Martin
What I do somewhat agree with you is the action aspect in having Cap fight Nazis/HYDRA in such a setting. But at least Nazis were even mentioned and shown in this film compared to the the recent animated series versions (Avengers Assemble). Funny you bring up the show, I'd respond in kind stating the show knew how to put together action sequences(granted, animation, but still) where the live-action movie had no clue.

Especially in regards to action but Captain America : TFA was such a beautiful attempt at the character. This is where I felt the movie succeeded. The character development was fine but this is a superhero film. The action can make or break it. It's not like Nolan's Batman films where the drama and storyline is on an above average level.

What did you want exactly?

OqSg7WO4tT4

Honestly, this. Obviously they'd have to tone the violence down a bit but I wanted a real, gritty WW2 action film with a super soldier kicking Nazi ass. That's what Captain America should be.

the ninjak
Funny you bring up the show, I'd respond in kind stating the show knew how to put together action sequences(granted, animation, but still) where the live-action movie had no clue.

The cartoon both failed and succeeded in representing the mythos. It showed the character's abilities in the extremes yet at the same time degraded others to the level of absurdity. Like the episode where Cap took on the Destroyer.

This is where I felt the movie succeeded. The character development was fine but this is a superhero film. The action can make or break it. It's not like Nolan's Batman films where the drama and storyline is on an above average level.

Captain America was a film about a wimpy kid who got given the power to enter the war on his own terms. And turned the tide of the battle. He had Bucky and the crew to help him out. He would've died in the front like anyone else.

OqSg7WO4tT4

Honestly, this. Obviously they'd have to tone the violence down a bit but I wanted a real, gritty WW2 action film with a super soldier kicking Nazi ass. That's what Captain America should be.

If you want to push it to that level in your mind then fair enough.
In all honesty having Cap crunch his way through Saving Private Ryan is a bit disrespectful to the soldiers who survived such campaigns. Which were bloodbaths.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ares834
The Avengers (I'm American get this Avengers Assemble shit outta here)

its also that here in Australia 'The Avengers'

did someone in the UK actually think maybe some people might have thought its a sequel to the old spy tv show erm

DARTH POWER
Lol must just be copyright infringement crap. But Avengers Assemble title looked good when it comes up right after Coulson says "so what do we do?"

Zack Fair
I liked Captain America a lot, and I don't like the character.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
LOL.

Is that really a surprise? Did you not read/hear anyone complaining when the movie was released?

Yes, but I heard a lot of people say they love it as well. While a lot of people did complain, most still seem to rate Iron Man 2 lower, as on here, Iron Man 3 is ofte rated lower than 2.

Also, I just plain don't get why some people hate IM3. I thought Iron Man 3 was freaking awesome! Iron Man 2 however sucked imo.

Darth Martin
The cartoon both failed and succeeded in representing the mythos. It showed the character's abilities in the extremes yet at the same time degraded others to the level of absurdity. Like the episode where Cap took on the Destroyer. I watched the first two seasons. Really enjoyed the show. Seems like they were attempting to follow alot of the Marvel storylines and the action was really good. It's a cartoon man. Not gonna be over critical. Regardless, I was just saying action-wise I loved what they were doing with Cap.

Captain America was a film about a wimpy kid who got given the power to enter the war on his own terms. And turned the tide of the battle. He had Bucky and the crew to help him out. He would've died in the front like anyone else. Have no idea what this is about. I agreed with your point about the story and characterization.

If you want to push it to that level in your mind then fair enough.
In all honesty having Cap crunch his way through Saving Private Ryan is a bit disrespectful to the soldiers who survived such campaigns. Which were bloodbaths. Meant no disrespect. Hell, if your gonna potray WW2 let's not dumbt it down like the movie did. Even in the Ultimate Avengers animated films by Lionsgate, there was a certain grittyness to the war. That's all I'm saying man.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I liked Captain America a lot, and I don't like the character.

I feel that way when it comes to the Hulk... not that i don't like the Hulk just not a massive fan.

DARTH POWER
I actually really like Cap America in the Avengers animations. Just don't think they've quite showed him properly in the movies yet. Hoping WS changes that. Looks like it probably will.

Kazenji
I've only watched some of that Avengers: EMH need to get around to watching it.

WhiteWitchKing
The Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Thor2
Captain America
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

Captain America was a good movie, but they could've given us extended battles he was in. That whole montage thing with the Howling commandos suck. You get brief clips of thing in action but not the entire battle. That one scene where they kick in the door and Cap pulls out a gun and starts shooting is where they should have done a complete battle scene.

The problem with Phase 2 is their putting too much emphasis on humor and losing track of the story. Marvel needs to focus more on a good story and better editing. IM3 story sucked because they didn't have the balls to introduce the real Mandarin. Missed the mark completely. Thor 2 suffered from poor editing, too much stereotypical humor (Darcy & intern, Selvig's insanity nonsense), and underused characters. I'm not sure but Thor 2 would've been better had this been a summer release to give the crew more time to work. While it was a good movie, I felt it suffered from some of the problems we saw with IM2 being rushed to theaters for the fall schedule. Cap looks great though and has a lot production time. Hopefully it's better than both IM3, Thor 2, and Cap 1.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

Updated...

Avengers
Iron Man
Thor 2
Thor
Captain America
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3

the ninjak
I watched the first two seasons. Really enjoyed the show. Seems like they were attempting to follow alot of the Marvel storylines and the action was really good. It's a cartoon man. Not gonna be over critical. Regardless, I was just saying action-wise I loved what they were doing with Cap.

Yeah I loved the show. It was pretty much the Avengers version of the Xmen animated series. My point was the action was hit and miss. The Destroyer episode was so badly written and realised but had to be forgiven due to so many good eps.

Have no idea what this is about. I agreed with your point about the story and characterization.

I was blabbering by this stage.

Meant no disrespect. Hell, if your gonna potray WW2 let's not dumbt it down like the movie did. Even in the Ultimate Avengers animated films by Lionsgate, there was a certain grittyness to the war. That's all I'm saying man.

None taken. I never liked the Ultimate Universe besides the X-men series. But yeah each to their own. The first moments in the comic of Cap storming a beachhead was cool visually but I preferred the film focusing the origin and then the assault on HYDRAS forces.
It was also a risky venture and with the character and budget, plus being a family orientated film I think they made the right choice.

Originally posted by Kazenji
I've only watched some of that Avengers: EMH need to get around to watching it.

Watch it. Best thing Marvel animation did in a long time. A shame it got cancelled and replaced with the crap out now.

Kazenji

Watch it. Best thing Marvel animation did in a long time. A shame it got cancelled and replaced with the crap out now.

I've watched some of the eps to do with 'Secret Invasion' felt it was done better then what they tried to do with the comic.

Slowpoke
The Avengers
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk(Big fan of Liv Tyler)
Iron Man 3
Thor2
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Thor

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Slowpoke
The Avengers
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk(Big fan of Liv Tyler)
Iron Man 3
Thor2
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Thor

Thor at the bottom? Really?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
might change but right now

Avengers
Iron Man/Cap
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Incredible Hulk

updated after seeing Thor: The Dark World..

Avengers

Iron Man
Thor: The Dark World
Cap
Thor
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Incredible Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.