Hyperion and Hulk vs debate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
First I want to apologize to the mods and the members for assisting in getting the character ownage thread closed...wasn't my intention.

Back on the topic at hand. This is a thread focused primarily on Hyperion and Hulk, you can even use it as a versus thread between the two. My intention is to prove that Hulk is more formidable than Hyperion, even though Hyperion is a legit power house.

My post will take place outside the opening of this thread.

Mindset
Hyperion has the better feats.

carver9
Lol.

DarkSaint85
I'd say he's stronger, not more powerful.

Rao Kal El
Hulk is stronger, hulk is the STRONGEST in MU, that is his niche, so he should be.

Aside that hyperion has more powers does the strength gap between this two compensates the lack of other powers? I don't think so, at least not in the low levels of rage, this gap shrinks the more the hulk gets enraged and reaches critical mass, THEN the strength gap makes up for the lack of vesatility. Of course taking into account that hulk is the strongest one there is, not the un-ko-able or undefeatable character some might think he is
But yes Hulk is the strongest character in mu in theory.

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Lol. Accept, carver.

dmills
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'd say he's stronger, not more powerful.

I don't understand this line of thinking... All hype has shown its brute strength with a little heat vision and super speed tossed in. Does he have some amazing feats of power (other than strength) in Infinity or something?

Mindset
Surviving the destruction.

He's faster than Hulk.

He's stronger than Hulk.

And I bet he's a better lover.

no homo

Silver_Lantern
Originally posted by Mindset

He's faster than Hulk.

He's stronger than Hulk.

no homo he being stronger than hulk is crap

Don Corleone

He's faster than Hulk.

He's stronger than Hulk.

no homo

He's not stronger. And you know you had homo intentions here.

Batman-Prime
Hyperion has the better feats.
With Carters words. This!

pym-ftw
Hulk beats Hype with his own girdle.

Mindset
Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
he being stronger than hulk is crap Then get some toilet paper, because you're covered in shit.

LordofBrooklyn
Hyperion annihilates Hulk.

Hyperion, is stronger than the Hulk at base level. In addition he is faster and more versatile.

If he is lucky all Banner gets is KO'd.

Silver_Lantern
Then get some toilet paper, because you're covered in shit. you are actually my toilet paper

janus77
Hulk wins this. Inevitable.

Mindset
Originally posted by Silver_Lantern
you are actually my toilet paper There wasn't any rush, you didn't have to post such a horrible joke.

Let me guess your next response: It wasn't a joke! durr

carver9
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Hyperion annihilates Hulk.

Hyperion, is stronger than the Hulk at base level. In addition he is faster and more versatile.

If he is lucky all Banner gets is KO'd.

What is Hulks base? When you answer this , prove it with a scan.

Silver_Lantern
There wasn't any rush, you didn't have to post such a horrible joke.

Let me guess your next response: It wasn't a joke! durr if that's how you take it

Golgo13
Hyperion.

Rao Kal El
Better question than "who is more powerful between hulk and hyperion?" will be:

What Carver and Dial going to do, so We can have the ownage thread back? evil face laughing out loud

carver9
I wish they had a smiley that throws up the middle finger.

Rao Kal El
youbastard laughing out loud

carver9
laughing out loud laughing out loud

LordofBrooklyn
What is Hulks base? When you answer this , prove it with a scan.

I leave that to you, Carver.

However, I know exactly what Hyperion's base is.

A little something involving 2 universes converging and his being in the middle.

Do you need a scan for that one?

carver9
I leave that to you, Carver.

However, I know exactly what Hyperion's base is.

A little something involving 2 universes converging and his being in the middle.

Do you need a scan for that one?

Naah because I have a mind controlled Hulk matching Hyperion right after that. So I'm straight but thanks for the offer though.

LordofBrooklyn
Naah because I have a mind controlled Hulk matching Hyperion right after that. So I'm straight but thanks for the offer though.

Hyperion had mercy on Banner. If he were like Thor, this thread would be titled, Hulk: In Memoriam.

Stoic
Hyperion had mercy on Banner. If he were like Thor, this thread would be titled, Hulk: In Memoriam.

Before you made this statement, did you go back through the Hulk's history to view his highest feats, and all of the damage that he could take? You may want to do this, because the Hulk has taken a lot of abuse. He has also dealt a lot.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Stoic
Before you made this statement, did you go back through the Hulk's history to view his highest feats, and all of the damage that he could take? You may want to do this, because the Hulk has taken a lot of abuse. He has also dealt a lot.

I know the Hulk's history well and all of his pain, both physical and mental will come to an end if Hyperion cuts loose.

Why don't you want Banner to find peace?

carver9
Hulk has also survived a universe blowing up on him. smile

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk has also survived a universe blowing up on him. smile

Hyperion's fist> Universal explosions!

carver9
Hyperion's fist> Universal explosions!

With that said, you admit Hyperion can beat anyone in DCNU?

LordofBrooklyn
With that said, you admit Hyperion can beat anyone in DCNU?

After he kills Hulk I believe remorse drives him to become a pacifist.

Hyperion retires and becomes a philosopher.

Batman-Prime
Hyperion (= Superman clone), Hulk (=Grundy Clone). Superman > Grundy, ergo Hyperion > Hulk

Stoic
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Hyperion (= Superman clone), Hulk (=Grundy Clone). Superman > Grundy, ergo Hyperion > Hulk

Many things have changed since the inception of these characters, so unless this opinion of yours is based on first appearances, you couldn't be more wrong.

carver9
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

Hulk=Doomsday clone. You can't name a single power Doomsday has that Hulk don't have.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk=Doomsday clone. You can't name a single power Doomsday has that Hulk don't have.

Adaptation!

Concede NOW, Carver!

NOW!

Batman-Prime

Adaptation!

Concede NOW, Carver!

NOW!

laughing

Doomsday is an clone of a clone? DD is GrundyHulk!

DarkSaint85

Wolverine-like claws that shoot out from his hands.

Seriously, carver, its like you don't even try anymore.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wolverine-like claws that shoot out from his hands.

Seriously, carver, its like you don't even try anymore.

Wait and see. He will tell you soon that those claws are not a power but a weapon and that adaption is not a power and Hulk adapts too.

laughing out loud

Brockalizer
Hulk has the potential to be physically stronger, but Hyperion has more tools in the box and greater versatility and flexibility. For example if Hulk were to engage an opponent and during the course of the fight the battle shifts to a considerably different environment, such as underwater or outer space, Hulk is S.O.L when he runs outta breath. Hyperion doesn't have that limitation.

Bentley
First I want to apologize to the mods and the members for assisting in getting the character ownage thread closed...wasn't my intention.

If it was up to me you'd be banned already ahah

carver9
Adaptation!

Concede NOW, Carver!

NOW!

Hulk can adapt...lol.

Ill give you all the claw thing even though that was a lame attempt.

ODG
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Hulk has the potential to be physically stronger, but Hyperion has more tools in the box and greater versatility and flexibility. For example if Hulk were to engage an opponent and during the course of the fight the battle shifts to a considerably different environment, such as underwater or outer space, Hulk is S.O.L when he runs outta breath. Hyperion doesn't have that limitation. Arguably, neither does Savage Hulk.

dmills
Originally posted by ODG
Arguably, neither does Savage Hulk.

You're banned from these discussions for saying the Infinity is superior to Annihilation sneer.

Even though I have not yet read anything Infinity related...

Brockalizer
Originally posted by ODG
Arguably, neither does Savage Hulk. It can fluctuate, but in the past he has been taken down by things that wouldn't affect Hyperion. Knockout gas being the most notable example. If he didn't need to breath, it wouldn't have affected him.

janus77
It can fluctuate, but in the past he has been taken down by things that wouldn't affect Hyperion. Knockout gas being the most notable example. If he didn't need to breath, it wouldn't have affected him.
In the past, he has been different - more limited - Hulks.

You really don't have a point there, at all.

Hulk wins. Hyperion is nothing that Hulk hasn't smashed before. Just a stronger Gladiator/Thor. And Savage Hulk has fared perfectly well against them, so current Hulk against Hyperion shouldn't be a problem for Hulk at all.

ODG
It can fluctuate, but in the past he has been taken down by things that wouldn't affect Hyperion. Knockout gas being the most notable example. If he didn't need to breath, it wouldn't have affected him. He breathes. Like most anybody else. And he's evolved to underwater and out space multiple times. Feel free to post scans showing Hyperion doesn't breathe and is immune to gas attacks.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by ODG
He breathes. Like most anybody else. And he's evolved to underwater and out space multiple times. Feel free to post scans showing Hyperion doesn't breathe and is immune to gas attacks.
Don't recall anyone every trying to gas him before so don't have any scans for that, but it is fairly obvious that he is capable of surviving in space without having to breath. If he can't breath in space I believe that he'd be the first Eternal, that couldn't. Though I could be wrong.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/p236ad.jpg/

http://s278.photobucket.com/user/DRDOOMSDAY-360/media/marvel%20universe/Gladiator/GladiatorvsHyperion3.jpg.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-chR8-gd4ydM/TeX3wxZblDI/AAAAAAAAA_8/HlHIlo_1nbA/s1600/Quasar-54-18.jpg

The Sorrow
Hyperion could win if he catches Hulk on an off day, but tbh Hulk has beat nearly every superclone at Marvel. A decently motivated Hulk should eventually overcome Hyperion.

carver9
Don't recall anyone every trying to gas him before so don't have any scans for that, but it is fairly obvious that he is capable of surviving in space without having to breath. If he can't breath in space I believe that he'd be the first Eternal, that couldn't. Though I could be wrong.

http://s278.photobucket.com/user/DRDOOMSDAY-360/media/marvel%20universe/Gladiator/GladiatorvsHyperion3.jpg.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-chR8-gd4ydM/TeX3wxZblDI/AAAAAAAAA_8/HlHIlo_1nbA/s1600/Quasar-54-18.jpg

So if I post scans of Hulk being in space unaided for a prolong amount of time, will you concede?

Brockalizer
So if I post scans of Hulk being in space unaided for a prolong amount of time, will you concede? I would concede the part about Hulk being limited to the battlefield conditions, unlike Abhilegend or H1A8 I am willing to consider other people's arguments. But as for the part about Hyperion having more tools to work with, I maintain my original stance.

ODG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-chR8-gd4ydM/TeX3wxZblDI/AAAAAAAAA_8/HlHIlo_1nbA/s1600/Quasar-54-18.jpg Hyperion isn't an Eternal. And Hulk has breathed in space before also.

Either way, pointing out that Hulk has been affected by gas before isn't exactly cogent to the discussion. Superman, Thor and even Silver Surfer have been affected by gas also.

LordofBrooklyn
Hulk can adapt...lol.

LIES!

I DEMAND that you concede now!

Reflassshh
Hulk can adapt...lol

no, he can't carv lol

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Reflassshh
no, he can't carv lol

He is cornered and WILL concede!

Reflassshh
He is cornered and WILL concede!
he won't concede anything, he will play dumb like always lol

ODG
no, he can't carv lol Originally posted by ODG
XXVII. HULK ABILITIES

ADAPTIVE EVOLUTION

Last but not least, the Hulk developed a variety of superpower abilities separate and distinct from his super strength. Having emerged from underwater, Banner discovers that his body can develop glands which produce an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion that fills his lungs, equalizes pressure, permits him to breathe fluid, and avoids decompression and nitrogen narcosis. From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #77:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution01v277.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution02.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution03.jpg

These adaptive evolutionary abilities are revisited in Incredible Hulk vol.3 #9:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution06v39.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution.jpg

S.H.I.E.L.D. data notes "that his mutation will somehow alter his body to adapt" even to a zero-atmosphere environment like outer space. From Incredible Hulk vol.2 #90:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution04v290.jpg

So hanging out on top of a space ship and fighting space pirates without a suit is not beyond his ability. From World War Hulk Prologue: Worldbreaker #1:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Powers/HulkEvolution05WWHPrologue1.jpg

carver9
Sad that these people debate against and for characters they don't know a thing about.

carver9
no, he can't carv lol

You don't know what you are talking about.

@LOB...

You dont know what you are talking about.

Reflassshh
You don't know what you are talking about.

@LOB...

he adapts according to the environment, i don't see how it helps him on a battle.

carver9
he adapts according to the environment, i don't see how it helps him on a battle.

You really don't know what he does since you said he doesn't adapt. We are done here.

Reflassshh
You really don't know what he does since you said he doesn't adapt. We are done here.
You could say whatever you want carv, doesn't change the fact that hulk can't adapt like doomsday for example but only adapts to his environment.

-Pr-
Sad that these people debate against and for characters they don't know a thing about.

Warned.

You're REALLY not one to talk, so stop baiting people and start following your own advice.

eaebiakuya
If the fight goes to space, breath will be not the worst problem to the Hulk, he just cant move there...

LordofBrooklyn
@LOB...

Show me where Hulk adapts HP Doomsday style.

I'll wait.

You've dared to insult the King of canon!

pym-ftw
Why would he need to prove that? He can adapt...

That would be like me saying DD can't adapt, and ill only believe it if he can out adapt Darwin...

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Why would he need to prove that? He can adapt...

That would be like me saying DD can't adapt, and ill only believe it if he can out adapt Darwin...

You're being willfully obtuse here.

Adapting to an environment is not the same as adapting to a combatant.

pym-ftw
He can adapt to the theory that Hyperion can drag him to space till he suffocates...

Hulk has adapted in combat though, like grabbing energy & spirits.

carver9
Originally posted by pym-ftw
He can adapt to the theory that Hyperion can drag him to space till he suffocates...

Hulk has adapted in combat though, like grabbing energy & spirits.

Exactly...he has even adapted to the point of being capable of seeing astral beings when he was unable to previously see them during that same instance. I'm not going to sit here and point out all the times Hulk has adapted to something. I've proven my case. Both of them said Hulk can't adapt and they were proven wrong.

Thanks ODG for the scans.

Badabing
Carver, I may have to destroy you...just sayin'. mmm

carver9
Hahahahahahaha...naah, Pr just did that (and it was well deserved). I will just let Lord of Brooklin handle you. You and his back and forth debates are hilarious.

Reflassshh
Exactly...he has even adapted to the point of being capable of seeing astral beings when he was unable to previously see them during that same instance. I'm not going to sit here and point out all the times Hulk has adapted to something. I've proven my case. Both of them said Hulk can't adapt and they were proven wrong.

Thanks ODG for the scans.

If what you're claiming were true, hulk would've learned to fly long time ago, and hulk can't fly, can he?.
Doomsday by the way learned to fly in his very first appearance.

carver9
if what you're claiming were true, hulk would've learned to fly long time ago, and hulk can't fly, can he?.
Doomsday by the way learned to fly in his very first appearance.

Scans.

Badabing
Hahahahahahaha...naah, Pr just did that (and it was well deserved). I will just let Lord of Brooklin handle you. You and his back and forth debates are hilarious.

Reflassshh
Scans.
have you read death of superman?. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
have you read death of superman?. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sure have and I need to know what scene you are talking about. Please provide scans or issue #'s. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
This is the only Doomsday outside of the Doomsday that had a GL ring that flew.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/6577904/07.jpg.html

Doomsday did not fly during death of Superman.

Reflassshh
This is the only Doomsday outside of the Doomsday that had a GL ring that flew.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/6577904/07.jpg.html

Doomsday did not fly during death of Superman.

You are right carv, i'll give you that.
This won't be forget. mad laughing
I was pretty sure he learned to fly before superman goes to save that family of the fire. embarrasment

Badabing
Hahahahahahaha...naah, Pr just did that (and it was well deserved). I will just let Lord of Brooklin handle you. You and his back and forth debates are hilarious. Sorry Carver. We took a vote and I must destroy you.

jitay
Egypt

jitay
Is it just me or does that sound...sexual?

janus77
Nefertiti

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Sorry Carver. We took a vote and I must destroy you.

You're not sorry.

janus77
He'll adapt and return, Doomsday-like!

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
He'll adapt and return, Doomsday-like!

Lol...you might have a point. This is the latest version of Hulk under Waid.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/?action=view&current=snapshot9_zps4082ff04.jpg

Doomsday Hulk.

Damborgson
Lol...you might have a point. This is the latest version of Hulk under Waid.

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/?action=view&current=snapshot9_zps4082ff04.jpg

Doomsday Hulk.

Would be a cool amalgam.

dial J for Josh
Badabing & -Pr-, please read.

Open letter: Badabing and -Pr- I am not sure which one of you closed the character ownage thread, but I want to apologize for causing any disruption that may have contributed or even caused the closing of that thread. Since I was the final person to comment on that thread I feel solely responsible for the threads downfall. So for this I also apologize to the thread members who I may have ruined the enjoyment which that thread has provided. The character ownage thread was an iconic thread on this board that has been open for 8 years strong. As well as having nearly 48,000 comments and 1.7 million views. This was also a thread where members could come together and engage in informative conversation learning which comic an ownage scan came from, so in retrospect everyone was learning from each other which is always a positive factor. Bada and -Pr- I again apologize and was speculating on the possible revitalization of the character ownage thread on my behalf, for I do not want to be the one who retired it. Please take my plead into consideration.

~Thank you.

And Carver as far as this thread is concerned I find it unnecessary. In the character ownage thread I was not trying to lowball hulk at all for I like hulk a lot. Nor was I stating that Hyperion is better or superior to hulk. I simply wanted to state the obvious that no one here can appeal and that is simply that Hyperion is more versatile than hulk in the same way that superman is more versatile than hulk so due this fact, they should be able to perform better in certain matchups than hulk. I am not insulting hulk at all, just clearly stating the obvious. On the flip side, hulk is stronger physically than both of them, so hulk does have his apparent advantage. This will be the last time I comment on the matter at hand though for I feel guilty that this conversation is what lead to the character ownage threads downfall.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by dial J for Josh

Open letter: Badabing and -Pr- I am not sure which one of you closed the character ownage thread, but I want to apologize for causing any disruption that may have contributed or even caused the closing of that thread. Since I was the final person to comment on that thread I feel solely responsible for the threads downfall. So for this I also apologize to the thread members who I may have ruined the enjoyment which that thread has provided. The character ownage thread was an iconic thread on this board that has been open for 8 years strong. As well as having nearly 48,000 comments and 1.7 million views. This was also a thread where members could come together and engage in informative conversation learning which comic an ownage scan came from, so in retrospect everyone was learning from each other which is always a positive factor. Bada and -Pr- I again apologize and was speculating on the possible revitalization of the character ownage thread on my behalf, for I do not want to be the one who retired it. Please take my plead into consideration.

~Thank you.

And Carver as far as this thread is concerned I find it unnecessary. In the character ownage thread I was not trying to lowball hulk at all for I like hulk a lot. Nor was I stating that Hyperion is better or superior to hulk. I simply wanted to state the obvious that no one here can appeal and that is simply that Hyperion is more versatile than hulk in the same way that superman is more versatile than hulk so due this fact, they should be able to perform better in certain matchups than hulk. I am not insulting hulk at all, just clearly stating the obvious. On the flip side, hulk is stronger physically than both of them, so hulk does have his apparent advantage. This will be the last time I comment on the matter at hand though for I feel guilty that this conversation is what lead to the character ownage threads downfall.

CRUCIFY HIM!!!

RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE

Batman-Prime

~Thank you.

thumb up An sincere apology.

Open the Ownage Thread. Galans Ultraman vs BA scans belong there!

-Pr-

~Thank you.

It was Bada that closed it I believe, but rest assured we both trust each other to know when to close it, and also when to open it. Same goes for Newjak.

Truth is, the likelihood is that the thread will be reopened in the future, so I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

Badabing

~Thank you.

And Carver as far as this thread is concerned I find it unnecessary. In the character ownage thread I was not trying to lowball hulk at all for I like hulk a lot. Nor was I stating that Hyperion is better or superior to hulk. I simply wanted to state the obvious that no one here can appeal and that is simply that Hyperion is more versatile than hulk in the same way that superman is more versatile than hulk so due this fact, they should be able to perform better in certain matchups than hulk. I am not insulting hulk at all, just clearly stating the obvious. On the flip side, hulk is stronger physically than both of them, so hulk does have his apparent advantage. This will be the last time I comment on the matter at hand though for I feel guilty that this conversation is what lead to the character ownage threads downfall. I'm not convinced this post is sincere. mmm

stick out tongue

Your post just happened to be the last post before I closed the thread. It wasn't a reflection of your behavior.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.