Weakest non magical being who can beat Silver Age Superman ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who is the weakest guy who can beat Silver Age Superman without using magic, red sun power, kriptonite or any other weakness ?

Restriction: it cant be another silver age character.

LordofBrooklyn
No one!

The House of El reigns supreme!

Brockalizer
With these stipulations even Doomsday wouldn't make the list because you'd probably consider lasting until Superman runs out of gas as some type of weakness exploitation.

Odekahn
Spectre

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Odekahn
Spectre

I think The Spectre may technically fall into the mystical category. In most of DC's depictions when there is a magical event The Spectre is present.

Odekahn
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I think The Spectre may technically fall into the mystical category. In most of DC's depictions when there is a magical event The Spectre is present.

Not sure. I thought the whole point in DOV was he was trying to eradicate all magic in the DC universe. If he was magic, God would have to be magic too (which he isn't) and that just seems contradictory. His power is more supernatural in nature imo.

Dolos
Using silver age Superman is like using Bugs Bunny in a debate. What's the point!?

Colossus-Big C
SA Black Adam

LordofBrooklyn
Not sure. I thought the whole point in DOV was he was trying to eradicate all magic in the DC universe. If he was magic, God would have to be magic too (which he isn't) and that just seems contradictory. His power is more supernatural in nature imo.

You have a point but in other appearances he usually joins forces with the mages when the threat is large enough.

There is also the Phantom Stranger but given the mystery around his origins no one is quite sure whether he is a fallen angel or a mage.

Odekahn
You have a point but in other appearances he usually joins forces with the mages when the threat is large enough.

There is also the Phantom Stranger but given the mystery around his origins no one is quite sure whether he is a fallen angel or a mage.

Yeah but he's joined non-mages too. He jumped in CoIE and Zero Hour to name a few. Also he's the Wrath of God. He's God's judgement made manifest. I just don't think that counts as the same magic Fate and other DC mystics tap into.

janus77
Silver Surfer.

rotiart
Squirrel girl.

Mindset
Superman.

Cogito

You're right in that it doesn't make sense for the Spectre to be magical, being an aspect of the Presence and all, but in DoV his power was stolen by Black Alice, who's power is stealing magical power.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Cogito
You're right in that it doesn't make sense for the Spectre to be magical, being an aspect of the Presence and all, but in DoV his power was stolen by Black Alice, who's power is stealing magical power.

PiS imo.

It's not that I wouldn't like it if he were powered by magic, I just don't really see it. Maybe part of what she stole was from Eclipso?

Uriel005
Not sure. I thought the whole point in DOV was he was trying to eradicate all magic in the DC universe. If he was magic, God would have to be magic too (which he isn't) and that just seems contradictory. His power is more supernatural in nature imo. He's magic. Black Alice was able to drain him so... take that as you will.

Anyways Jan Arrah aka Element Lad. Indestructable adamantium dc equivilant cage. Forgetting its name at the moment

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by janus77
Silver Surfer.

Dies!

Odekahn
Dies!

Indeed.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Uriel005
He's magic. Black Alice was able to drain him so... take that as you will.

Anyways Jan Arrah aka Element Lad. Indestructable adamantium dc equivilant cage. Forgetting its name at the moment

Yeah but wasn't Spectre under the control of Eclipso at the time? He wasn't under the influencial power of the Presence. Also the point was made within the arc that the battle was Spirit vs Magic. That was also why he couldn't be hurt after he was drained.

ODG
PiS imo.

It's not that I wouldn't like it if he were powered by magic, I just don't really see it. Maybe part of what she stole was from Eclipso? It's not just Day of Vengeance. Spectre's status as a being of magic was a substantial plot point in Crisis on Infinite Earths. As a magical being, he could not traverse the anti-matter universe and take the fight directly to Anti-Monitor.

Odekahn
Originally posted by ODG
It's not just Day of Vengeance. Spectre's status as a being of magic was a substantial plot point in Crisis on Infinite Earths. As a magical being, he could not traverse the anti-matter universe and take the fight directly to Anti-Monitor.

Fair enough then. thumb up

Uriel005
Yeah but wasn't Spectre under the control of Eclipso at the time? He wasn't under the influencial power of the Presence. Also the point was made within the arc that the battle was Spirit vs Magic. That was also why he couldn't be hurt after he was drained. eclipso is the spirit of wrath the same as Spectre is the spirit of vengeance. They are both "Magic"

quanchi112
Sue Richards.

Q99
Blink, from Exiles.

She can kill just about *anything*.

Methods: Hold a teleport crystal so his heat vision hits him in the back of the head.

Throw a whole bunch of crystals into him and teleport his parts into different places- note, this worked on The Fury. You know, that thing that can wipe the entire Captain Britain corps.

quanchi112
Not sure. I thought the whole point in DOV was he was trying to eradicate all magic in the DC universe. If he was magic, God would have to be magic too (which he isn't) and that just seems contradictory. His power is more supernatural in nature imo. He is empowered by magic. Lol at your Spectre ignorance.

Uriel005
Originally posted by quanchi112
He is empowered by magic. Lol at your Spectre ignorance. Be nice now. btw FYI to Odeh DC cosmic hierarchy is magic based when compared to Marvel which is distinctly higher order quasi-science by comparison for example Galactus when he used to be a cosmic force pimp has the power cosmic which is definitely not magic.

Still sad about how Galactus has turned into such a run of the mill rather than the inexorable and unstoppable force that he used to be.

Odekahn
eclipso is the spirit of wrath the same as Spectre is the spirit of vengeance. They are both "Magic"

I thought Eclipso started using magic only after he was no longer the Wrath of God though?

Odekahn
He is empowered by magic. Lol at your Spectre ignorance.

I'm always learning. At least I'm open and not closed minded when off about something. And at least I'm willing to accept truth if it's convincing enough and not in denial because I can't accept that my favorite character can/cannot beat up yours, lol.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Q99
Blink, from Exiles.

She can kill just about *anything*.

Methods: Hold a teleport crystal so his heat vision hits him in the back of the head.

Throw a whole bunch of crystals into him and teleport his parts into different places- note, this worked on The Fury. You know, that thing that can wipe the entire Captain Britain corps.
Superman in SA was totally invulnerable. Doctor Light once did the same thing to superman i.e. teleported his body parts as did sinestro. He still lived.

quanchi112
I'm always learning. At least I'm open and not closed minded when off about something. And at least I'm willing to accept truth if it's convincing enough and not in denial because I can't accept that my favorite character can/cannot beat up yours, lol. Saying the Spectre is non magical is h1 level knowledge.

quanchi112
Be nice now. btw FYI to Odeh DC cosmic hierarchy is magic based when compared to Marvel which is distinctly higher order quasi-science by comparison for example Galactus when he used to be a cosmic force pimp has the power cosmic which is definitely not magic.

Still sad about how Galactus has turned into such a run of the mill rather than the inexorable and unstoppable force that he used to be. I am always nice. Your post is hard to understand with the grammatical errors so I will give you time to pull yourself together.

eaebiakuya
Sue Richards.

How ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
How ? Brain shard.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud ?

eaebiakuya
Superman brain have super durability too. Sue dont have enough power to destroy his brain.

quanchi112
Superman brain have super durability too. Sue dont have enough power to destroy his brain. I disagree.

abhilegend
Superman brain have super durability too. Sue dont have enough power to destroy his brain.
That was tried on him too. Superman's brain crushed the force-field and it was stated that he was as durable inside as outside. Anybody thinking Sue could do ANYTHING to post crisis superman never mind SA superman is just trolling.

Odekahn
Saying the Spectre is non magical is h1 level knowledge.

At least I'm still above you then.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
SA Black Adam
You have returned.

DarkSaint85
The Blob.

If SA Superman struggles with a fat Lois, the Blob would crush him.

Batman-Prime
A fat woman is heavier then a fat man. FACT.

eaebiakuya
Ok, i think a well fed Galactus should beat S.A Superman without much problems. But dont have someone weaker than him who could do that ?

What about Wally Wast with no PIS ?

What about the KMC Trans tier list (excluding the magical ones)?

Amazo, Appolyon, The Asgardian Destroyer, Black Racer, Blackheart, Blaze, Count Abyss, Death Urge, Despero, The Doctor, Doomsday (H/P), Dr. Fate, Eclipso, Elders of the Universe (minus Ego), Fernus, Gog, Gray Man, High Evolutionary, Ion (current), Jenny Quantum, The Keeper, King Thor, Magus (original), Mangog, Mongul I (Pre Crisis), Nightmare, Onimar Synn, Onslaught, Queen of Fables, Resurrection Man 1 Million, Sentinel (Alan Scott), Silver Age Kryptonians/Daxamites, Solusandra, Stayne, Strange Visitor, Sun Eater, Superboy Prime, Superman 1 Million, Takion, Thanos, Tyrant (powered down), Validus

carver9
Silver Surfer smile

eaebiakuya
How ?

Stoic
This really depends on portrayal. SA Superman had some crazy highs, but he also had some horrible lows. So it could be anyone from Spiderman (Peter) to Zeus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.