Chicago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
What are your thoughts on this movie?
I thought it was strange...very much like Mullan Rouge....and I think i spelled that wrong.

GordonSkywalker
The premise is similiar to Moulan Rouge but neither film sounds too exciting. wink

Augeybana
I liked Chicago because that and Moulan Rouge are the only musical's that I found entertaning.I could understand when people say it's not entertaning because they don't find musicals fun I don't either but this was done perfectly.

Sünden
Moulin Rouge was boring. Then again I could never get into live action musicals.

Chicago, much like Moulin Rouge, I've heard good things about... but meh. I'll wait to see it on rental, maybe. If nothing else comes up.

And Augy, the quote in your sig should be "Ninja Monkeys are meeting as we speak, ploting my demise." I have the shirt.

Augeybana
I know but I decided to change it a word.I have like ten stickers in my room it's the funniest thing I ever saw I never knew it was on shirts need to get it thanks for the spell check buddy.

Julie
Chicago is worth seeing once....but just that ...at least to me

GordonSkywalker
I wouldn't go see it personally.

Corran
I have to watch it at some point cos it's on 'The list'.

GordonSkywalker
Which list is that?

Corran
I have a list of all the Academy Award Winners best pictures, I intend to have watched and/or own all on the list by the end of the year.

GordonSkywalker
Interesting hobby you got there man.

Corran
It's not really a hobby it's just something I decided to do when I was drunk earlier in the year and people are holding me to it.

GordonSkywalker
Good reason not to get drunk so people won't hold you to such things.

Corran
Yes some people never learn, anyhow going out soon to get drunk again,

finti
and now he is gonna get all the movies by Vin Diesel

Corran
No I never agreed to that, it was Van Dyke.

finti
vin diesel

Tex
Chicago was fab!

Corran
ok I will watch it, but if you are wrong and it isn't fab I shall shake my fist at you whilst saying "Why you little.."

Julie
hmmm....ok...well you'd be wasting your time to go in with the additude I'll hate this movie

Corran
I won't do that, I'll go in with an open mind and watch it.

BackFire349
havent seen it, dont plan to.

GordonSkywalker
Same here. That just might qualify as a "waste of time" for guys like us don't you think?

Tex
Keywords in your post: 'JUST MIGHT'

BackFire349
other keywords : "waste of time"

GordonSkywalker
Then we are agreed, gentlemen. big grin

Julie
no no no....go see it.....it's a weird musical....do you like weird musicals???

GordonSkywalker
Uh... I hated Moulan Rouge so I probably won't like this one either.

Julie
I have compared it to Moulan Rouge, but one of my friends says they're too different.....eh I say give it a chance,...on ly if you have ample time on your hands

GordonSkywalker
Time is not so much the problem. I just can't see myself going through all the trouble of going to the movies for a movie like this. Much rather go see an action flick.

Julie
rent it one day then......when you feel like you need to waste time! roll eyes (sarcastic)

buffymitch
JUlie you are right. Chicago is worth only seeing once. BUt Moulin Rouge on the other hand. You can listen to the music all day and you can watch the movie over and over again. Chicago was a good movie but not that good.

GordonSkywalker
I have seen Moulin Rouge and was impressed with the music and Ewan McGregor was a fantastic performer alongside Nicole Kidman. I do not get the same vibe with Chicago however.

Nefertite
Is there admires of Chicago?Happy Dance
I love that movie. I can't belive that Renne Zellweger and Catherine Zeta Jones sing so well! eek! I love everything there!
You should see it! People say that Molin Rouge is better movie. I don't think so. They are one level and level is the best! big grin

LilySatine
Chicago was alright, but I'm one of those 'people' who think Moulin Rouge was better. wink

Nefertite
love I love both movieslove They're too different that one of them could be better, don't you think? Happy Dance

Phoenix
so cool!!

leaf_eater
it is it is! i love those songs! specaily the strnagely sexual one done by the woman called "mama" lol *starts humming "he had it coming, he had it coming, he only had himself....*

yerssot
never saw it

tiffany's
I saw this and liked it - not as well as other musicals, but it had an interesting twist...I don't understand though why it won so much, I wasn't that impressed.... embarrasment

silver_tears
i wasnt impressed either....thought it kinda sucked actually

BackFire349
crappy, like most musicals.

Tex
so you finally got around to seeing it?

BackFire349
Yeah, had to turn it off after 30 minutes, totally lame and music dependant. Same problem as most musicals.

Tex
Monster!

Sparrows Angel
Ya it sucked

khalla
it was a piece of carp

Kes
Dont think it was crap but it def didnt deserve the Oscars. Specially the best supporting actress messed
I like the scene in jail when they are telling how they killed their husbands.

BackFire349
It was a typical musical, nothing more.

Phoenix
I love musicals!! I sose its just what people like or dislike- its like marmite!! you either love it or hate it!

Phoenix
Give 'em the old razzle dazzle...

billyboyd4ever
i love musicals, and chicago definetly wasnt my fave...its was ok tho, but it DID NOT deserve those oscars--esp best pic!!!! i mean what was that about?? it was aginst TTT....and i dont remember the rest but there were better movies this year than chicago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.