The Authority VS World War Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
The Authority

Jenny Sparks
The Engineer
Jack Hawksmoor
Apollo
Midnighter
The Doctor

VS

World War Hulk

No BFR

1) Can't amp to Worldbreaker level.
2) Can amp to Worldbreaker level.

Authority or animal?

Warlord
authority kill him

DarkSaint85
Authority.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Warlord
authority kill him

LordofBrooklyn
They kill the Worldbreaker?

Stoic
Lobo beat the mess out of the Authority. I don't see why a guy of the Hulk's power level could not do the same.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
Lobo beat the mess out of the Authority. I don't see why a guy of the Hulk's power level could not do the same.

Because when the Doctor gets it together, and isn't cowering in fear (as he was during the Lobo fight) he can bleed all of the Hulk's energy off into multiple realities, or turn it into music, or turn it into butterflies, or all of the above.

DarkSaint85
I mean, if this is how you think the Doctor would fight in a non-PIS forum fight, against WBH, then fair enough. We can agree to disagree:

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/2020/384og.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Because when the Doctor gets it together, and isn't cowering in fear (as he was during the Lobo fight) he can bleed all of the Hulk's energy off into multiple realities, or turn it into music, or turn it into butterflies, or all of the above.

The Hulk wasn't affected by energy drain during the WW Hulk saga and the stories following it. He had full control of how much power he needed to accomplish the win, and he showed this is spectacular fashion. Taking out Ares in one shot fashion, who was able to give Hercules hell, defeating the X-Men with ease, toying with the Fantastic Four, and the other heroes, beating the power of 1000 exploding stars, surviving the impact of Black Bolts scream. The amount of mutants that were made to appear impotent would have defeated the Authority, and that Hulk was playing with them. Arm'Cheddon had the power to siphon energy to the point that he had the Surfer at his mercy, this should be far more than enough proof to allow people to argue that energy manipulations would have a very limited effect on this version of the Hulk. At the end of the WW Hulk mini, he was at his best, and in that form, he would have killed the Authority.

Warlord
jenny relity warps him to his doom

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
The Hulk wasn't affected by energy drain during the WW Hulk saga and the stories following it. He had full control of how much power he needed to accomplish the win, and he showed this is spectacular fashion. Taking out Ares in one shot fashion, who was able to give Hercules hell, defeating the X-Men with ease, toying with the Fantastic Four, and the other heroes, beating the power of 1000 exploding stars, surviving the impact of Black Bolts scream. The amount of mutants that were made to appear impotent would have defeated the Authority, and that Hulk was playing with them. Arm'Cheddon had the power to siphon energy to the point that he had the Surfer at his mercy, this should be far more than enough proof to allow people to argue that energy manipulations would have a very limited effect on this version of the Hulk. At the end of the WW Hulk mini, he was at his best, and in that form, he would have killed the Authority.

Energy drain is one thing. And all those feats are nice. Not very applicable to the fight at hand, though.

But the Doctor toys with reality, and is a very different beast altogether from those people mentioned. It would have been better had you mentioned feats of him resisting/beating reality warpers on the scale of the Doctor.

Stoic

Unless he gets to her first. This Hulk was very intelligent, and calculating let's not forget. In a forum match he would know who would be the most dangerous, and with the rate of speed that he travels he could put Jenny out of the fight within moments. I think that they could win, but I think that he had more than enough power to take this, but it would depend on who he went after first.

Enzeru

Wrong Jenny.

Digi
Doctor solos. Don't use a strawman like the Lobo encounter. Spider-Man beat Hulk not too long ago as well. But nobody pretends it's indicative of his actual power level.

DarkSaint85
Another good indicator of which way this fight goes....

Look at the thread starter evil face

Digi
Authority's just a weird team. Even more than, say, Avengers where they mix streets with high heralds, there's just a huge discrepancy between the team (low herald at best, for the most part) and the Doctor (and later Jenny Q). The ways they found to write him out of stories were always amusing, because multiple times he literally ended entire story arcs and/or villains that were crushing the team in a few panels once he had his sh*t together.

His matter manip. borders on reality manipulation, and with a thought he could kill Banner before he even became the Hulk (not just in theory...he did this once to a powerful character).

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Digi
Authority's just a weird team. Even more than, say, Avengers where they mix streets with high heralds, there's just a huge discrepancy between the team (low herald at best, for the most part) and the Doctor (and later Jenny Q). The ways they found to write him out of stories were always amusing, because multiple times he literally ended entire story arcs and/or villains that were crushing the team in a few panels once he had his sh*t together.

His matter manip. borders on reality manipulation, and with a thought he could kill Banner before he even became the Hulk (not just in theory...he did this once to a powerful character).

And that's without cutting him loose and letting him do weird stuff like the Evil Doctor. I forgot that you wrote up a bit about how he's not a reality warper.

carver9
Depends on how the Doctor fights. Hulk could win this and LOL at energy draining working on this version of Hulk. Didn't someone try this on WWH and said it felt like they were pulling energy from an infinite well.

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
Depends on how the Doctor fights. Hulk could win this and LOL at energy draining working on this version of Hulk. Didn't someone try this on WWH and said it felt like they were pulling energy from an infinite well.

Why in the world would he try to energy drain? That's almost as much of a strawman as the Lobo fight. Explain to me how he beats the Doctor, presuming he's not high on drugs and is actually fighting intelligently. Doctor could swallow the sun and breath it into Hulk's anus. He could kill Banner at age 2. He could turn his arms into puppies and his legs into a hip-hop song.

And that's without cutting him loose and letting him do weird stuff like the Evil Doctor. I forgot that you wrote up a bit about how he's not a reality warper.

thumb up

DarkSaint85

Not someone like the Doctor, though.

DarkSaint85
I think carver saw this post of mine, and thought YES! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN TRIED WITH WBH BEFORE!!!

carver9
Wont work though...especially against this version of Hulk that has complete control of his energy. Lets not forget, the guy was turned to stone and was able to revert back to normal and this was Grey Hulk. Lets also not forget, someone shrunk him down to the size of a mouse and he was able to revert himself back with pure power alone. Good try though.

DarkSaint85
Wont work though...especially against this version of Hulk that has complete control of his energy. Lets not forget, the guy was turned to stone and was able to revert back to normal and this was Grey Hulk. Lets also not forget, someone shrunk him down to the size of a mouse and he was able to revert himself back with pure power alone. Good try though.

So you have....nothing?

Digi

Explain to me how he beats the Doctor, presuming he's not high on drugs and is actually fighting intelligently. Doctor could swallow the sun and breath it into Hulk's anus. He could kill Banner at age 2. He could turn his arms into puppies and his legs into a hip-hop song.

Bouboumaster
I don't know much about the Doctor, but he seems like a real bastard to fight, lol

Quick question, tho.
In the eventually where Hulk attack first, and goes for the thunder clap... How well would the Doctor takes it?

carver9

I agreed with you. If the Doctor fought with any common sense and realized how powerful the Hulk is, yes, he could end it. If Hulk gets off the first attack, it is done and he has the speed to do that.

Digi
The matter manip. extends to Hulk's brain, since I'm guessing carver might try to say Hulk reforms his body from puppies and music. It would probably be somewhat harder if the grey matter in his skull doing the reforming is suddenly turned into men's cologne (also a canon feat, not just something random).

If it were me, I'd pull an evil Doctor trick and retroactively change Hulk's past. Without BFRing himself, he managed to give Angie different childhood memories by placing himself in them. I'd insert myself into Banner's childhood so that he was the happiest child ever, and didn't have the stores of rage necessary to fight. That would be the cruelest way to beat Hulk, though hardly the most efficient.

Point is, carv, Doctor has too many options, and it's doubtful any level of gamma energy or punching would even harm the Doctor, even WBH levels. When he's not high or distracted, as he wouldn't be in this fight, it would take a lot more to harm him.

Ironically, if the fight is on Earth, Hulk's best bet would be to destroy the planet and ignore the Doctor. Doctor has a link with the Earth and would undoubtedly be KO'd by the mental trauma. A gimmicky win - it wouldn't work with any other battlefield setting - but viable. Problem is, Doctor would win the fight anyway well before that.

Digi
I agreed with you. If the Doctor fought with any common sense and realized how powerful the Hulk is, yes, he could end it. If Hulk gets off the first attack, it is done and he has the speed to do that.

First attack? Can Hulk attack faster than thought? Doctor has reformed his entire body - including his brain while in the heart of the sun. As soon as he's concentrating, this is a stomp. Speedblitz is only applicable at Flash-level speeds.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I don't know much about the Doctor, but he seems like a real bastard to fight, lol

Quick question, tho.
In the eventually where Hulk attack first, and goes for the thunder clap... How well would the Doctor takes it?

Check the respect thread Digi made....he could turn all of the energy from the clap into rain (which is what he did with an explosion. Or a gentle summer's breeze. He can time travel etc etc.

Then you have people like the Midnighter, who punches things, and Swift, who ....flies really fast. As Digi said, a real lopsided team.

Digi
Probably the most badass moment for the Doctor was his casual conversation with Jackson King on the Stormwatch base. Doctor had detected that the universe had recently been remade (Cpt. Atom: Armageddon). King asks him who has that kind of power and the Doctor says "Me." Then goes on to explain it wasn't him though. They transition the conversation, and Doctor reveals that he's created a new body for Winter, a low herald energy absorber, with the same powers and abilities. When you can create your own heralds and it's not even terribly strenuous, you know you're operating at a different level.

Hulk's a monster. I don't deny him anything anymore. Legit high herald in most incarnations, with his more powerful incarnations able to trade blows with even more powerful entities and levels. WB is almost certainly > HH, and can hang with most of Trans. But the Doctor is on an entirely different level, and has too many ways to win. I'm not convinced he even belongs in Trans., though CIS has often kept him from exploring the possibility that he's even higher when unleashed.

Warlord
Originally posted by Enzeru
Wrong Jenny.

my bad...tought it was quantum.... still pisless doc murders him

carver9
First attack? Can Hulk attack faster than thought? Doctor has reformed his entire body - including his brain while in the heart of the sun. As soon as he's concentrating, this is a stomp. Speedblitz is only applicable at Flash-level speeds.

thumb up I can't think of anything to counter your argument.

By the way, yes, Hulk has recently shown that he is capable of moving faster than thought.

Enzeru
thumb up I can't think of anything to counter your argument.

By the way, yes, Hulk has recently shown that he is capable of moving faster than thought.

LoL, nonsense. That would put him on the level of the Sentry, who appeared miles and miles across the city behind the Punisher, before the Punisher could even comprehend it.

People are blowing the artwork in the current Hulk run way out of proportion with the blurred drawings and stuff like that. The Hulk is still slow. He can leap "fast", but that's it. He can't even run fast, because at one point he will start losing traction. He HAS to leap.
With that being said, he has been semi-BFRed in one of the last issues out of a castle and you could see him on the horizont running back, but the people in the castle were totally relaxed, because they knew he would need at least 30 seconds to get back. That's a distance actual speedsters travel in a heartbeat.

carver9
Its not just the art, its the words as well.

Enzeru
Its not just the art, its the words as well.

Stahp Carver, just stahp.

I stand faster than Hulk moves.

carver9
You must be pretty fast then.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12010.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12011.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12012.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/IndestructibleHulk12013.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
Another good indicator of which way this fight goes....

Look at the thread starter evil face

What do you mean by that, Green skin?

Golgo13
The Authority easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.