What was the fight between God and Satan about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Shakyamunison
There is no fight between god an satan.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There is no fight between god an satan.

I agree. They are the best of friends. Right?

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Greatest I am
I agree. They are the best of friends. Right?

Regards
DL

Well, Batman and the Joker fight all the time, and they are not friends. However, they don't really exist. Do they?

Greatest I am
Well, Batman and the Joker fight all the time, and they are not friends. However, they don't really exist. Do they?

Neither do the Gods on offer unless you know something no one else knows.

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
Neither do the Gods on offer unless you know something no one else knows.

Regards
DL

God is like dark matter. It is a place holder for the bigger picture. I would call it Buddhahood, but it is still just as mysterious.

Greatest I am
God is a mystery?

Well, isn't that ----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg

Regards
DL

Shakyamunison
God is a mystery?

Well, isn't that ----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmwqnqL3Hbg

Regards
DL

I can't go onto youtube, so I don't know.

Greatest I am
I can't go onto youtube, so I don't know.

Just a comedic way of saying, isn't that special.

Regards
DL

dadudemon
The fight is better explained by Mormon Theology:

There were several conditions or facts that were met before Lucifer's and God's "First Earthly Battle" took place:

1. Apparently, and this comes from our secret Mormon Temple stuff that I am not supposed to talk about, Lucifer had been operating as the "Tempter" for a very long time: even before Earth came into existence. He been doing that on "other worlds." More on this point, later.

2. Humans existed outside of the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve were kicked out. Shortly after Adam and Even were kicked out, Lucifer asked Adam why he and Eve did the sacrifices at the alter. Adam said he did them because God commanded it (as a semblance to Christ's future sacrifice). Lucifer said he had other gifts for Adam, if he stopped the sacrifices, ranging from money, power (wordily power) and magic.

3. Adam and Eve probably existed in the Garden of Eden a stupidly long amount of time before Lucifer started his business on Earth.

4. Lucifer was kicked out of heaven before the universe existed/before the universe was created. Lucifer wanted to be The Christ but he wanted all the glory to be for himself rather than for God and God's children (all would worship Lucifer as God). Lucifer's compromise for all the glory being for himself is that no soul would be lost to God and all children would return to God. His method for accomplishing this is no person would be allowed to sin while in their mortality. God the Father and Jehovah disagreed with Lucifer's plan because it removed free-will and, therefore, made the entire point of leaving God's presence moot: we would not be able to spiritually develop very much. I am sure Lucifer's justification was still pretty good because we would still suffer mortality and the learning opportunities those provided us but we wouldn't get much out of the "choose to good of your own will and not just because God said so." Anyway, to make a long story shorter, Lucifer still thought his idea was best, convinced many souls to follow his path, and had a third of the hosts of heaven convinced that his way was the best way. When they wouldn't listen to reason anymore, God cast them out of His presence (to a different realm of existence). Then God and Jehovah (Jesus is Jehovah) began to create this universe along with Michael. Michael, the Archangel, is actually Adam. More literally, Michael and Jehovah created the universe, together, under the direction of God the Father. Since we view God as a completely separate and physical entity from Jehovah, it makes more sense in our version of the creation story.

5. When Lucifer came to tempt Adam and Eve, Jehovah, not God, asks Lucifer what he is doing. Lucifer replies, "Just doing what I have done an other worlds." Meaning, testing the mettle of God's creation. Now, some of you may be wondering why Jehovah would visit Adam and Eve and not God the Father. Simple: Lucifer and his followers are still cast out of God's presence. We are uncertain how things will work but, basically, Lucifer can never again be in God's presence. HOWEVER, before Jehovah was born and crucified as The Christ, he was not like God in that he had not obtained Perfection/Exultation. Because of this lack of Exultation, Jehovah could still interact with Satan. At no point after Christ's Resurrection will Jehovah interact with Lucifer, again, because he is too perfect and Lucifer cannot be in the presence of an Exulted, Godly, being. Under Mormon Theology, there are only 2 known Exulted Beings: God the Father and Jehovah. The Holy Ghost, whose real name is not known, gave up His privilege to be born a mortal so he could assist man with making the right choices. Because he is not an Exulted being, he can directly interact with us (and, by extension, Satan). But in the cases where God interacts with man (such as Moses on the Mountain and Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove), those individuals were "Transfigured" into beings that can withstand the presence of God. We do not know what it means to not be Transfigured and enter into the presence of God but we do know it is impossible for us to stand in His presence as imperfect and sinful beings so we have to be Transfigured into an entity that can withstand God. This is taxing on our mortal forms and causes exhaustion and premature aging (such as Moses coming down the mountain tired and with only white hair). So, anyway, this is why the Holy Ghost is still in a less-than-perfect state: he is still part of the Godhead but he has not been Exulted yet so he can be in our sinful presence without us having to be Transfigured.

Really, the Mormon Theology is very consistent and logical. It reads very much like a comic book hierarchy of powerful beings once you get into the nitty gritty.

Bonus:

Here's another instance of the logically consistent: during Christ's dispensation, the Holy Ghost could not testify of Christ's words at the same time Christ was teaching the people. The logic is that having two members of the Godhead testify of the Gospel, at the same time, to mortals, is too much for the mortals to be able to make a genuine "free-will" choice. Their combined testimony would remove our freewill and force us to have to acknowledge the truthfulness of their words. Then when we sinned later (because it would happen), it would damn us. So, only one member of the Godhead was present at any given time, during Christ's dispensation on earth.

See John 16:7: 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

For evidence of what happens when two members of the Godhead testify of the truthfulness of the Gospel, at once, see Joseph Smith's hard-headed approach about his Vision of God and Jesus in the Sacred Grove:

"Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation."

I speculate that Joseph Smith lost his free-will concerning the First Vision in the Sacred Grove because God the Father and Jehovah were present, at the same time. This would explain his hard-headed approach to his stance on the things contained in the vision, for the rest of his life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.