Why does all literature place Sidious as strongest sith lord?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Literature has ruined other Sith Lords competing with this guy, George Lucas has ruined all chances we had at making proper Versus forum, and ruined all chances at any other Sith Lord being able to compare to him. I understand it's his universe and all, but really? It was kind of a douchebag move, he knew people would be curious, and when people ask, now Mace is top because he took Sidious down in Sabers. Starkiller, one of the MOST HATED characters in Star Wars history is now considered one of the strongest, people are putting Tanks like Vitiate and Bane and even ****in Exar Kun below him, and it's just stupid, this post was made because I'm being bitchy, I know. But these are good point's. Because of Star Wars Literature and George Lucas, we can never compare Sidious with any other single Sith Lord. Maybe Sidious has made some claims to back it up but other Sith Lord's have done far more impressing things than he has in terms of sheer force power. But now everyone is all like "Hey, he knows every force ability and can create new ones on the spot" or "Oh no, you're wrong, George Lucas wins because it's universe and Sidious beats All TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLO." It's starting to get annoying knowing that we can only compare Sidious to Luke Skywalker and several other Jedi. I'd like to know your thoughts on this, guys. Do you think Sidious deserves the title, or do you think that others should've been given the title? Give a detailed explanation why Sidious should, or should not be the most powerful Sith Lord in Star Wars History. (Not that our opinion's matter, thanks to George Lucas)

(P.S. I love Star Wars EU, I just don't like the fact that they named him as strongest)

(P.S.S. Mods/Admins, feel free to move/delete this post if it isn't within the sites Jurisdiction)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean Sidious has the feats to be argued for such a pedestal anyway.

The_Tempest
http://i.qkme.me/3qmfe3.jpg

In today's forecast, I predict an 87% chance of a nerd!rage hurricane.

I am looking forward to reading the responses.

Nephthys
Vitiate should be superior to him.

Intrepid37
Lol.

He wiped out the Jedi for good.

The_Tempest
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

Q99
Not really. There's dozens of other Sith- let alone other characters- to compare, and there's even room for debates with Sidious.

I consider Sidious the strongest conventional sith lord due to statements, but Nihilus and Vitiate both pretty much cheat.

I don't put Starkiller that high, and who would put Starkiller above Vitiate?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Q99
Not really. There's dozens of other Sith- let alone other characters- to compare, and there's even room for debates with Sidious.

I consider Sidious the strongest conventional sith lord due to statements, but Nihilus and Vitiate both pretty much cheat.

I don't put Starkiller that high, and who would put Starkiller above Vitiate? Because he stomped Vader, who is 80% of Sidious' Power.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Q99

I don't put Starkiller that high, and who would put Starkiller above Vitiate? I meant, with Sidious, who can we honestly put Sidious against that's a Sith Lord now that he's been proclaimed the strongest Sith Lord of all time.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Intrepid37
Lol.

He wiped out the Jedi for good. There were many survivors of Order 66. The Jedi Order may have been destroyed, but the Jedi weren't. It wasn't even the first time the Jedi were nearly wiped out either, what about KOTOR 2.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Because he stomped Vader, who is 80% of Sidious' Power.

He didn't stomp him.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nephthys
He didn't stomp him. He saber'd his helmet off, threw him against a forcefield, than TK'd through the wall/window to Sidious' throne room. Pretty sure thats a stomp.

Jmanghan
He didn't stomp him.

In fact, he was going to kill Sidious until Kota told him to stop (though I'm pretty sure Sidious could've killed him)

S_W_LeGenD

Jmanghan

S_W_LeGenD
So, in accordance to Lucas... Revan, Bane, and others never existed in his version of the Star Wars universe?
He acknowledges their existence but they are not relevant to his works/universe.

In-fact, it is rumored that George Lucas proposed Darth Bane as the Sith Lord who started Rule of Two. However, nothing much else.

The_Tempest
Is anyone other than LeGenD going to oppose Sidious with detailed reasons?

Fight the oppression, folks!

Nephthys
Vitiate was already an extremely powerful Sith who then went on to drain the power of 8000 Sith Lords and an entire planet. And then he continued to grow more powerful over 1300 years time. Logically it makes no sense for Sidious to be more powerful than him.

Intrepid37
>Tulak Hord soloed armied of Jedi and telekinetically manhandles capital ships. He's more powerful than Sidious.

>Nihilus drains entire planets and solely supports huge ships. He's more powerful than Sidious.

>Revan is the heart of Force, mastered light and dark, was more powerful than Nihilus according to the Exile. He's more powerful than Sidious.

>Vitiate drains thousands of Sith. He's more powerful than Sidious.

Stealth Moose
BUT SIDIOUS HAS ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS SURROUNDING G-CANON THAT CAN BE EXTRAPOLATED TO IMPLY POWER REALLY HIGH, EVEN THOUGH HIS FEATS INCLUDE BEING TKED OVER CHAIRS AND BENCHPRESSED INTO SHAFTS!

Also, at this point it's probably better to just acknowledge that within the context of G-canon, Sids is the Sith badass, and without, he is a big player, but not a martial powerhouse. THIS MAY SHOCK SOME PEOPLEZ, but I think it's a crime that his showings in RotJ/RotS were done so poorly. If GL wanted us to think that Sidious was this untouchable badass, he presented it very poorly, allowing Yoda to look in some cases superior (having Sids run away, get unbalanced, disarmed, lose the Force fight etc.) and GL likewise opted not to let the professional stuntsmen sub in for Ian and Sammy but instead let the real actors film their own duel.

The latter resulted in a rather lackluster battle that was frankly boring to watch and over before it began, and the former only cements Sidious as a benefactor of circumstance, not a Force unto himself. Either Sidious should have simply been too smart to catch/duel, or he should have been able to WTFcrush the Jedi in single combat, no exceptions. Instead, GL makes this muddy representation that makes him look relatively unimpressive on the EU stage.

And this is years after he okayed TOTJ comics, so WTF, dude?

Also, the strongest Sith is Bandon. Stop pretending otherwise.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The_Tempest
In today's forecast, I predict an 87% chance of a nerd!rage hurricane.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/41958135.jpg

Intrepid37
Lol'd.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
BUT SIDIOUS HAS ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS SURROUNDING G-CANON THAT CAN BE EXTRAPOLATED TO IMPLY POWER REALLY HIGH, EVEN THOUGH HIS FEATS INCLUDE BEING TKED OVER CHAIRS AND BENCHPRESSED INTO SHAFTS!

Also, at this point it's probably better to just acknowledge that within the context of G-canon, Sids is the Sith badass, and without, he is a big player, but not a martial powerhouse. THIS MAY SHOCK SOME PEOPLEZ, but I think it's a crime that his showings in RotJ/RotS were done so poorly. If GL wanted us to think that Sidious was this untouchable badass, he presented it very poorly, allowing Yoda to look in some cases superior (having Sids run away, get unbalanced, disarmed, lose the Force fight etc.) and GL likewise opted not to let the professional stuntsmen sub in for Ian and Sammy but instead let the real actors film their own duel.

The latter resulted in a rather lackluster battle that was frankly boring to watch and over before it began, and the former only cements Sidious as a benefactor of circumstance, not a Force unto himself. Either Sidious should have simply been too smart to catch/duel, or he should have been able to WTFcrush the Jedi in single combat, no exceptions. Instead, GL makes this muddy representation that makes him look relatively unimpressive on the EU stage.

And this is years after he okayed TOTJ comics, so WTF, dude?

Also, the strongest Sith is Bandon. Stop pretending otherwise.

This ignores a lot of his non-movie feats, though.

So answer the question, servant. And be sure to be detailed.

Jmanghan
This ignores a lot of his non-movie feats, though.

So answer the question, servant. And be sure to be detailed.
What has Sidious truly done to put himself above every single Sith Lord that ever lived? Did he move goddamn moon like Bane did?

ares834
lol at Bane moving a moon.

Nephthys
I like that the scores are tied.

Stealth Moose
Some people have a lot of sock accounts.

Nephthys
I knew that was going to happen after I said that.

Stealth Moose
I knew that was going to happen after I said that.

Quit implying that I'm predictable. Hatur.

Nephthys
I wasn't, unless you're saying you voted for Sidious..... >:[

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It was I who unbalanced the peace after Neph showed a hint of joy.

The_Tempest
http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/snake-am-pleased-by-this.jpg

Dolos
He had more raw Force energy than Vitiate by DE. He could stop himself from aging but was more concerned with having spare bodies in case his gets eradicated like what happened to Vitiate and Plagueis. Vitiate did cause a vortex with his drain essence ritual but Sidious and Plagueis altered the balance of the Force, then Sidious consumed Plageuis' nexus and diminished the entire Jedi order's ability to use the Force. That is a massive severing of the Force, the balance tipped to the Dark, which was what made Sidious so strong, able to beat Yoda, almost break Windu's saber with FL, and what caused that burst of energy when he died on the Death Star II.

Dying made him stronger, and he performed alchemical experiments on Byss involving mass essence drain of its inhabitants. He could have rounded a few hundred of his dark side adepts and used their essences to jump start a genocide that would increase his powers at the expense of Byss' population, he could have just remained content with Midi-chlorian manipulation, but he wanted to increase his subjects on Byss and keep them weak, he wanted to be able to come back even after death which midi-chlorian manipulation alone would be useless in. However, he did use essence drain and claimed that midi-chlorian manipulation was must useful in creating his Chrysalides. He was very much a patron of the arcane arts, he had knowledge of all kinds of sects and studied them for decades upon decades. He created Dark Side wormholes, vortexes that spewed enough energy to rip apart Super Star Destroyers and planets, to hide entire fleets in, to teleport Luke from the surface of Byss into an orbiting Wookiee prison ship.

By DE, Emperor Palpatine was more powerful than Darth Nihilus and Lord Vitiate.

Stealth Moose
Sidious could Force-nom a planet? Since when? Oh wait, he could with a ritual over a long period of time against a planet that was not made up of Jedi and Force sensitives.

Gotcha.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Oh wait, he could with a ritual over a long period of time against a planet that was not made up of Jedi and Force sensitives.

Sounds an awful lot like vitiate as well, except, y'know, vitiate needed the help of 8000 sith lords.

wink

Based
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

Now some other contributors to Star Wars lore (who are possibly fanboys and fangirls of Mr. Lucas's works) have actually went out of their way to overhype some G-canon characters in the Expanded Universe such as Yoda and Sidious by labeling them as most powerful practitioners of the light and dark respectively. Among all of the authors of Star Wars lore, you will find Daniel Wallace favoring and hyping Sidious in most of his works.

I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion but the hypocrisy is amazing. Believe what you want but you are the last person on this planet that can complain about about

A) being a fanboy
B) unnecessarily hyping feats (or in your case unnecessarily hyping descriptions in lieu to a LACK of feats)
C) calling out writers because they don't share YOUR biased view.

Like believe what you want, but there's no fvcking way you don't see that you do the same exact thing you're calling out people on with regards to TOR characters. There's no point in trying to refute that either.

Mizukage Yoda
Because he is.
/thread

The Merchant
Sidious can tear the fabric of space itself. Universal level power there.

Nephthys
What? http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-raise.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Force Storms.

Nephthys
I know.

I was more asking about the 'universal power level' bullshit.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lol agreed.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Based
I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion but the hypocrisy is amazing. Believe what you want but you are the last person on this planet that can complain about about

A) being a fanboy
B) unnecessarily hyping feats (or in your case unnecessarily hyping descriptions in lieu to a LACK of feats)
C) calling out writers because they don't share YOUR biased view.

Like believe what you want, but there's no fvcking way you don't see that you do the same exact thing you're calling out people on with regards to TOR characters. There's no point in trying to refute that either.
So fans who make statements such as these:

Originally posted by The Merchant
Sidious can tear the fabric of space itself. Universal level power there.

- are objective and not biased?

Read my entire post a hundred times and then pass your judgment about me you "numbskull and pathetic Sidious fanboy of highest order."

I try to "restore" sense in debates about Star Wars lore in this forum, otherwise we get posts such as "Anakin will blitz Vitiate" and vice versa.

SIDIOUS 66
LeGenD, Based's point was, that you have no room to talk, and he was right. Quit complaining when you do the exact same thing, except on a far greater scale. Hell, you suggested that Revan, just because he's powerful, can move as fast Palpatine despite nothing even suggesting it.

TBH, I don't think Merchant meant "universal scale power." I think he used poor choice of words. But the Comics Companion does say that the storm Palpatine unleashed against the new republic fleet did threaten to consume all of space (interpret that as you will). Regardless, Palpatine's ability to instantly summon storms that rip the very fabric of space/time, capable of destroying entire star fleets, is a display of personal raw power and mastery that Vitiate has never came close to demonstrating. The closest Vitiate came to matching that kind of destructive power, required either aid or lots of preparation.

The_Tempest
Still holding out for that nerd!rage hurricane. Anyone gonna lead the charge to unseat the saga's Big Bad?

SIDIOUS 66
Correction: I meant despite Revan having no feats to suggest it.

Power does play a huge part in speed just as it does in any other universal power, such as telepathy, TK, etc. But being powerful doesn't automatically mean one is as fast as Sidious. Same with telepathy (which is a universal power), being powerful doesn't automatically mean one is as potent as Vitiate with TP.

Nephthys
Still holding out for that nerd!rage hurricane. Anyone gonna lead the charge to unseat the saga's Big Bad?

No one cares. And your gleeful attempts to egg us on aren't exactly convinced us to bother.

The_Tempest
No one cares. And your gleeful attempts to egg us on aren't exactly convinced us to bother.

http://i.qkme.me/3qmbnw.jpg

I got you to 'bother' back on page 1, sweetheart. wink

I can only assume you're just displeased with the poll results. laughing out loud

SIDIOUS 66
But you already agree that Sidious is basically the top tho, right, Neph?

I see that you believe that there are a few that can contend/possibly defeat him in battle, but you do agree that he is one of the top combatants and has displayed some of the most destructive powers in the mythos.

Nephthys
http://i.qkme.me/3qmbnw.jpg

I got you to 'bother' back on page 1, sweetheart. wink

I can only assume you're just displeased with the poll results. laughing out loud

No, you got me to post. You didn't get me to lead your 'nerd-rage hurricane'. I don't give a shit about leading the charge. I gave my opinion and thats it.

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
But you already agree that Sidious is basically the top tho, right, Neph?

I see that you believe that there are a few that can contend/possibly defeat him in battle, but you do agree that he is one of the top combatants and has displayed some of the most destructive powers in the mythos.

I agree that he stands on top of the mountain, just not that he is the peak.

The_Tempest
No, you got me to post. You didn't get me to lead your 'nerd-rage hurricane'. I don't give a shit about leading the charge. I gave my opinion and thats it.

...Because I wanted you to. Such is my power over you.

SIDIOUS 66
So, who do you believe stands at the top, Neph? Not trying to debate. Just curious.

SIDIOUS 66
Or peak or whatever.

And no, I don't care about double posting.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lo'tekk/World Razer thumb up

Nephthys
thumb up

SIDIOUS 66
Oh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
overall those are those strongest, sans the Ones.

Out of just jedi/sith it's Luke.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lo'tekk/World Razer thumb up

proofplz

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Both were considered to have galaxy shattering power.

Just more TOR media smile

The_Tempest
moredetailplz

Nephthys
No, but in terms of Sith I'd prefer not to decide on an absolute best. I don't really believe in a most powerful Sith. There are a bunch of Sith that I'd put at about the same level:

Bane, Vitiate, Sidious, Kun + Plagueis. Maybe more that I'm too tired to remember.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
moredetailplz

There really isnt. All I know is that if Lo'tekk wasn't stopped (it just got released from hyperspace at this point), the galaxy would be ****ed.

With the World razer, it's said that if it's pent up rage/power was ever unleashed, it'd shatter the galaxy.

Jmanghan
...Because I wanted you to. Such is my power over you.

Temepest is the Sidious of KillerMovies.

Nephthys
moredetailplz

You already know details. I told you them then you got pissy and obstinate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Also can't forget about the Infernal One.

The_Tempest
Oh, the details are merely what Neph posted earlier? Legends and hearsay? Nothing further has been substantiated or revealed?

SIDIOUS 66
Palpatine's storm was said to threaten ALL of space.

Nephthys
Oh, the details are merely what Neph posted earlier? Legends and hearsay? Nothing further has been substantiated or revealed?

The World Razer directly says he can eat a world you twerp.

Also: His name is The fcuking World Razer.

Jmanghan
The World Razer directly says he can eat a world you twerp.

Also: His name is The fcuking World Razer.

Chill Out, bro. O-o

Nephthys
I am chill. Just because I color my language for emphasis does not mean I've lost my cool.

The_Tempest
http://cdn-media.hollywood.com/images/l/Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Nephthys
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/3121/sidskhan9ja.jpg

The_Tempest
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lwZcwWzN1IQ/T4Zh-AtyxaI/AAAAAAAAEMQ/YzOOqlXqykk/s320/1Sidious.jpg

Nephthys
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/darth-sidious-obama.jpg

The_Tempest
We just had an entire convo with just Palpatine jpegs.

I'm really kinda touched.

http://offcolortv.com/offcolortv/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/NG-5b-i-am-not-your-heroine.gif

Nephthys
http://t.qkme.me/3tzkav.jpg

Also I knew I'd forgotten one: Nihilus.

Q99
Palpatine's storm was said to threaten ALL of space.

The wonders of hyperbole

Stealth Moose
I am chill. Just because I color my language for emphasis does not mean I've lost my cool.

I'm stealing this for personal use.

SIDIOUS 66
@Q99, you'd get where I was going with it if you followed the entire conversation.

psmith81992
Sidious, you're like that guy in the background who screams "YEA!" when the adults are talking.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by psmith81992
Sidious, you're like that guy in the background who screams "YEA!" when the adults are talking. Lol, that's ME , brah :3

darth venki
They say Sidious because he has more feats.

Also because they need Luke to have a worthy opponent so they hyped is powers in Dark Empire.

I would say Plagueis is the best because he was as good as Sidious and still had better brains.. Author of Darth Plagueis has left the death of Plagueis mysterious.

I know some Sidious fanboys will ridicule this.. but Sidious handed the body to the Muuns according to the novel, which is 100% canon.

Dolos

Dolos

Dolos
Originally posted by darth venki
I would say Plagueis is the best because he was as good as Sidious and still had better brains.. Author of Darth Plagueis has left the death of Plagueis mysterious.

Plagueis was one of only three beings Sidious ever feared to contest in battle along with Gethzerion and Yoda. It is possible that Plagueis returns from Choas later on, he had the strength in the Force to last thousands of years, he was a mathematical killing machine and his rituals paved the way for Sidious to gain so much physical power. He would be a Sith that grows through creation and keeping his powers from being unbalanced. If he could pull it off, which would make a broken character honestly.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Dolos
One could never fathom the things that he was capable of, his true virility.

Laff.

GenomeFrozener
Jesus Christ, all that text. Anyways, Nihilus soloes as always as THE KING. thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
Jesus Christ, all that text. Anyways, Nihilus soloes as always as THE KING. thumb up Nihilus isn't that powerful in terms of sheer combat compared to alot of Jedi AND Sith.

Nephthys
He is.

Jmanghan
He is. My point is, there are Jedi and Sith that could stomp him.

Nephthys
No, there aren't.

Jmanghan
No, there aren't. People like Kun, Vitiate?...

Nephthys
Nope.

Imo only of course.

Jmanghan
Nope.

Imo only of course. Only what??

Nephthys
In My Opinion.

Jmanghan
In My Opinion. I got confused and thought you meant to put a name in between only and of course, sorry stick out tongue

Dolos
It's a non-binding statement.

Problem settled.

Dolos
No, there aren't. Even if Nihilus wasn't weakened by the death of Visas Marr, FoTJ Luke Skywalker could kill Darth Nihilus in direct combat the way he drove back Abeloth and destroyed her host bodies.

He'd moved a singularity before, an astronomically heavy object and apart of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet's arsenal, against Abeloth 25 years afterward he'd achieved such mastery of the light side that he could temporarily ignite himself with sufficient lightside energy to obliterate the weak flesh of her hosts despite her efforts to resist. Darth Nihilus armor wouldn't even fare that well, I'm afraid.

That's a Jedi.

Now Vitiate could in theory defeat Nihilus, and Sidious may really be more powerful than Vitiate or Nihilus seeing as how he corrupted the entire galaxy, bringing about the dark times, and had come back from death and fed off of the combined life force of billions of subjects on Byss. Nihilus could at least be challenged if not defeated by either these other two Sith on his caliber, Vitiate or Sidious.

Theoretically, Plagueis could have become a far more powerful master of the Force than any of these clowns with his scientific investigations of the Force. Greater even than Dorsk 81 while channeling the power of 30 Jedi, Kaiburr Crystal Luke, Kaiburr Crystal Vader, star-busting Naga Sadow in his Force-magnifying ship, Mortis Anakin, Son Anakin, Abeloth, the Ones on Mortis, the Bedlam Spirits, all pale comparison to the power of science.

Jmanghan
It's a non-binding statement.

Problem settled.

Sidious being the most powerful sith lord in history is G-Canon.

Nephthys
Even if Nihilus wasn't weakened by the death of Visas Marr, FoTJ Luke Skywalker could kill Darth Nihilus in direct combat the way he drove back Abeloth and destroyed her host bodies.

He'd moved a singularity before, an astronomically heavy object and apart of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet's arsenal, against Abeloth 25 years afterward he'd achieved such master of the light side that he could temporarily ignite himself with sufficient lightside energy to obliterate the weak flesh of her hosts despite her efforts to resist. Darth Nihilus armor wouldn't even fare that well, I'm afraid.

That's a Jedi.

Now Vitiate could in theory defeat Nihilus, and Sidious may really be more powerful than Vitiate or Nihilus seeing as how he corrupted the entire galaxy, bringing about the dark times, and had come back from death and fed off of the combined life force of billions of subjects on Byss. Nihilus could at least be challenged if not defeated by either these other two Sith on his caliber, Vitiate or Sidious.

Theoretically, Plagueis could have become a far more powerful master of the Force than any of these clowns with his scientific investigations of the Force. Greater even than Son Anakin, Abeloth, the Ones on Mortis, the Bedlam Spirits, all pale comparison to the power of science.

I didn't say no Jedi or Sith could beat him. I said no-one could stomp him.

Dolos
I didn't say no Jedi or Sith could beat him. I said no-one could stomp him.

The Bedlam Spirits could, and they don't even use the Force. laughing

ares834
Sidious being the most powerful sith lord in history is G-Canon.

No.

Nephthys
The Bedlam Spirits could, and they don't even use the Force. laughing

Jedi or Sith.

S_W_LeGenD
LeGenD, Based's point was, that you have no room to talk, and he was right.
You shouldn't be judging others, specially with the kind of debating history you have. Your world starts and ends at Sidious only, it seems.

Quit complaining when you do the exact same thing, except on a far greater scale. Hell, you suggested that Revan, just because he's powerful, can move as fast Palpatine despite nothing even suggesting it.
I try to restore balance in this subject by arguing in favor of TOR era content. Otherwise, I have seen posts like "Anakin would blitz Vitiate." Like hell he will.

Revan is incredibly fast and powerful on the basis of his holistic picture. Try to learn something from the discussion taking place in this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587499&pagenumber=2

It is sheer idiocy to assume that Sidious would blitz someone as powerful and capable as Revan in a contest. But fanboys of your caliber would have no trouble assuming this kind of foolishness.

TBH, I don't think Merchant meant "universal scale power." I think he used poor choice of words. But the Comics Companion does say that the storm Palpatine unleashed against the new republic fleet did threaten to consume all of space (interpret that as you will). Regardless, Palpatine's ability to instantly summon storms that rip the very fabric of space/time, capable of destroying entire star fleets, is a display of personal raw power and mastery that Vitiate has never came close to demonstrating. The closest Vitiate came to matching that kind of destructive power, required either aid or lots of preparation.
Really?

The level of raw power and mastery that Vitiate demonstrated on Medriaas in the aftermath of the (super) ritual he performed with aid of his minions is unparalleled in the mythos: the dark side energy released during this event consumed an entire planet (destroyed all biota in its path) and culminated into the largest nexus of lethal dark side energy in sheer scale in the mythos and Vitiate possessed such level of alter abilities that he prevented that nexus of energy from consuming him and successfully channeled all of it into himself to vastly increase his capacity as a practitioner of the Force and acquire virtual immortality which would prolong his life endlessly. In-fact, Vitiate could possibly pull off this level of destruction by himself during his reign as Sith Emperor but refrained from doing so because his true nature would have come to light. By the time of Great Galactic War, Vitiate had developed such level of alter abilities that he could consume dark side energy of galactic proportions and complete his final transformation into an omnipotent being (surpass every kind of deity in power).

Sidious, in contrast, never demonstrated matching level of alter ability: when Sidious came in to contact with his Force Storm, he was reduced to essence form.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
No. ...Yes...????????? Dude, if you do not know that simple fact then you need to immediately leave this forum and never come back.

Someone please talk some sense into this guy. I know he doesn't understand reason if he doesn't know this simple fact. I'm not going to ignore your ignorance.

Dolos
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sidious, in contrast, never demonstrated matching level of alter ability: when Sidious came in to contact with his Force Storm, he was reduced to essence form.

He was temporarily cut off from his connection to the dark side by Luke Skywalker, Leia, and Anakin Solo.

When many Jedi channel their powers into one, it's a power boost greater than if a Sith consumed all their essences: based on what has been demonstrated:

Before NJO, 30 of Luke's Jedi channeled their energies into Dorsk 81; afterward he used his TK to instantly obliterate 17 Star Destroyers. A feat comparable to Sidious Dark Side wormhole, performed by a Padawan.

Nephthys
...Yes...????????? Dude, if you do not know that simple fact then you need to immediately leave this forum and never come back.

Someone please talk some sense into this guy. I know he doesn't understand reason if he doesn't know this simple fact. I'm not going to ignore your ignorance.

Sidious being the most powerful Sith is really debatable to be honest.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...Yes...????????? Dude, if you do not know that simple fact then you need to immediately leave this forum and never come back.

no.

Jmanghan
Sidious being the most powerful Sith is really debatable to be honest.

"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76

"...Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

ares834

facepalm

Christ.

I'd agree that Sidious is the most powerful but that's not "G-canon" as you claim. Lucas has never claimed Sidious is the most powerful sith ever.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Exactly. It isn't G-canon Jman

Nephthys
"The Rebels were turning out to be more troublesome than many had expected. The Emperor had known it would be thus, of course; the resistance had not been a surprise to him. The Emperor was completely in concert with the dark side of the Force. He was the most powerful Sith to have ever existed."
-- Death Star, page 76

"...Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."
-- The New Essential Chronology

"Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting."
-- The Complete Visual Dictionary, page 72.

Page 109 from the Dark Empire sourcebook:

"Palpatine has risen from the dead. The most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived had returned."

- Vaders opinion.

- Could easily be referring to a different type of power than combat ability.

- Vague, doesn't actually say he's the most powerful.

- Again, merely an opinion as I recall.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
facepalm

Christ.

I'd agree that Sidious is the most powerful but that's not "G-canon" as you claim. Lucas has never claimed Sidious is the most powerful sith ever. I Did go a bit overboard. (or alot)

But, it was a slight mistake, he said that Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in the Galaxy.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ragnos was also the most powerful sith in the galaxy :trollface:

ares834
I Did go a bit overboard. (or alot)

But, it was a slight mistake, he said that Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in the Galaxy.

Have a source/link for that quote?

Many people claim he has said it but, as of yet, no one has been able to provide it.

Jmanghan
- Vaders opinion.

- Could easily be referring to a different type of power than combat ability.

- Vague, doesn't actually say he's the most powerful.

- Again, merely an opinion as I recall.

- Possibly

- Then what did they mean when they meant that Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in History ?

- They said "The greatest master of evil ever to use sith power "

- Possibly, or as I said, Fact.

Nephthys
- Possibly

- Then what did they mean when they meant that Yoda could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in History ?

- They said "The greatest master of evil ever to use sith power "

- Possibly, or as I said, Fact.

- No, the passage is written from Vaders point of view.

- Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in history...... in that he ruled the entire galaxy. wink

- Greatest in what way?

- Yeah. As I recall, its opinion. :shrug:

Dolos
Sidious could have been.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Jmanghan
- No, the passage is written from Vaders point of view.

- Sidious was the most powerful Sith Lord in history...... in that he ruled the entire galaxy. wink

- Greatest in what way?

- Yeah. As I recall, its opinion. :shrug:

- Okay, you win this one

- They could've, but its said that Yoda couldn't defeat him. So I highly doubt that they meant powerful as in Rank of Politics (Emperor). But it's still a good thought.

- As in most powerful force user, or at least it heavily implies.

- Won this one too.

@Ares (Doing this off my phone so double quotes aren't really an option) Honestly, bro, I based that off of other people saying that George Lucas said it, it has to be somewhere, nearly every star wars fan has referenced it.

Lord Lucien
It really matters whether he said "greatest" or "strongest/powerful". "Great" is such an overused, vague, awful word in rankings.

Stealth Moose
Great best evah bewbs definitely goes to Bastila. C'mon.

Lord Lucien
Of all the non-Padme/Leia characters, she's the hottest. It's that fake British accent.

And her rockin' bewbs.

Dolos
That's some good trolling you guys.

Stealth Moose
You don't think her bewbs are the greatest?

Lord Lucien
Dolos clearly prefers sexy non-humans like Aayla Secura. And let's be honest, she's got some totes awesome bewbs.

Intrepid37
Shaved I see.

Lord Lucien
Twi'leks don't have hair. stick out tongue

Nephthys
Twileks don't have hair. stick out tongue

C-c-c-combo!

Dolos
Honestly, I'm going to collect EU story arcs that take place only between Episodes I and VI. There are still literally hundreds of different books and comics in there era, plus two television series (TCW and the upcoming Rebels) and a soon to be Yoda Original film followed by a novelization of it

One single era is doesn't have sink holes in abilities - its all about lightsaber combat and the strongest Force wielders are clearly the strongest Force wielders of that era. It's so much easier. I will cut off Plagueis and post-ROTJ material.

That way the Sith do not have the same spiritual immortality as Jedi, they have the theoretical physical immortality.

Lord Lucien
Stop changing your avatar. I keep forgetting which one you are.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Dolos clearly prefers sexy non-humans like Aayla Secura. And let's be honest, she's got some totes awesome bewbs.

Her nipple looks like someone smeared lipstick on the image.

And this article could be used for proof of nerd internment camps.

truejedi
Yeah, that article shouldn't exist.

Dolos
Might add the Comic Books included in: The Thrawn Trilogy, The Dark Force Rising Trilogy, Union, and the Invasion series to my finalize collection.

truejedi
Thrawn is the GOAT admiral.

krompo
I think he is too powerful in relation to other Star Wars characters. The Maul-Sidious confrontation was really anticlimactic because he is so powerful that Maul and Opress (two of Star Wars' major villains) never even stood a chance. I feel the same way with the attempted arrest by the masters, most of whom he beat effortlessly and in the end Mace had to be boosted by a plot device to complicated for it's own good for the fight to make sense.

So I think he should have been weaker but not for the same reasons as you.

Jmanghan
I'm necro'ing this thread :P

Selenial
This thread is a ridiculous nexus of fanboys.

That's literally all that needs to be said.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Selenial
This thread is a ridiculous nexus of fanboys.

That's literally all that needs to be said.

Can't tell if trolling...

NewGuy01
Why? Because he is. Duh.

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Why? Because he is. Duh.

DarthAnt66
This thread needs more Vitiate wank.
---
Vitiate>Sidious, losers.

Marco1907
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/4102739-3770770-0752686623-darth_zps9e909c11.jpg

Nephthys
Blurbs aren't canon.

The_Tempest
This thread was so very entertaining. All that rage.

carthage
Marka Ragnos

Selenial
Blurbs aren't canon.

They are.

Nephthys
No they're not. They're written by publishers and random dudes, not actual star wars emplyees. They're as canon as the cover illustrations.

Marco1907
That blurb could be written by James Luceno though...

Nephthys
It's not. Ant emailed Drew Karpyshan and he said that they get the blurbs done independently. Besides, if you listen to them, then apparently Thrawn is a bigger threat than Sidious himself.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>