Jensaarai1's accuracy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
(If you watch him) How accurate do you think his Versus video's are? I'd like your opinion on this, guys.

Intrepid37
He says Vader>Yoda, then Kun>Vader.

That should tell you everything.

Nephthys
His videos are interesting, but I disagree with him quite a lot.

S_W_LeGenD
I don't like his propaganda.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Intrepid37

But he backs it up with good arguments.

Allankles
He talks too much, his videos would be better if he reduced them to 5 minutes.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Allankles
He talks too much, his videos would be better if he reduced them to 5 minutes. No, he needs time to make a best guess.

Allankles
That shouldn't take more than 5 minutes, he ends up talking too much.
The permutations of each battle are also deeper than he suggests and he breaks everything down in a one sided way- calling Yoda's ataru application 'basic'. calling Vodo weak against staffs - the main reason he lost to Kun was because he couldn't believe he'd trained such a brutish apprentice.

As I said there's more to the Jedi he talks about than he indicates, yet he peddles his opinions as law. Cut it to 5 minutes and the vids would be better.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Jmanghan
But he backs it up with good arguments.

His arguments often reach for conclusions and ignore vital information. His Asajj Ventress vs Sedriss video was ridiculous in my estimation.

Jmanghan
The permutations of each battle are also deeper than he suggests and he breaks everything down in a one sided way- calling Yoda's ataru application 'basic'. calling Vodo weak against staffs - the main reason he lost to Kun was because he couldn't believe he'd trained such a brutish apprentice.

As I said there's more to the Jedi he talks about than he indicates, yet he peddles his opinions as law. Cut it to 5 minutes and the vids would be better.

Kun is beyond Vader in every sense of the word, he's comparable to Sidious in my opinion.

Allankles
Kun was ok, powerful but childish. He only became a legend because of the power he was blessed with, otherwise he was an epic failure.

Jmanghan
Kun was ok, powerful but childish. He only became a legend because of the power he was blessed with, otherwise he was an epic failure.

We can agree upon him being above Vader in Sheer Combat ability though, right?

Allankles
Yes he would be better fighter than the old cyborg Vader.

Jmanghan
Yes he would be better fighter than the old cyborg Vader.

To be fair, if Anakin didn't get those injuries, he would've killed Sidious eventually.

Q99
I was unfamiliar and was going to check them out, but 45 minutes to an hour discussing one-on-one fights? Yikes!

Stealth Moose
Kun is beyond Vader in every sense of the word, he's comparable to Sidious in my opinion.

Kun is a better Sith Lord than Anakin/Vader. Vader was submissive, crippled by guilt, and given to great remorse. He was a servant for 20-30 years. By Sith ideals, Kun was better.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Q99
I was unfamiliar and was going to check them out, but 45 minutes to an hour discussing one-on-one fights? Yikes!

I listened to them while I was playing TOR, or typing up replies here.

Q99
I skipped to the end of the few- judging *just* by the conclusions, they aren't too bad, though I agree the result of Asajj vs Sedriss was silly.

Nephthys
You should listen to his lightsaber argument for Sedriss. He forced Luke to resort to the Force to beat him through sheer lightsaber skiilz and is just a physical tank because he has a 16 in constitution in the RPG guide.

Stealth Moose
16 Constitution is like +3 hp. Monstrous!

red8
I enjoy his videos, though some of his arguments seem kind of forced.
What do you guys think of yarealpoof?

chilled monkey

Beg your pardon but no, Jensaarai does not "peddle his opinions as law." He clearly states that the videos are just his opinion and encourages people to say if and why they think otherwise. At no point does he say or imply "this is how it WILL go because I say so."

Anyway, I adore watching his videos because they're (a lot) more than five minutes. They have to be long because there's so much fascinating content and analysis. I don't think I have ever seen anyone put so much thought into "VS" videos before (except maybe the Death Battle people) and that's why they're a joy to watch.

And personally I think they're very accurate.

Indeed. That tells me he actually thinks about how the fight would go and comes to a conclusion. That's much better than someone who just goes "dur, Yoda wins because he's Yoda, dur."

Intrepid37
lol

Dolos
Very very accurate.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Kun is a better Sith Lord than Anakin/Vader. Vader was submissive, crippled by guilt, and given to great remorse. He was a servant for 20-30 years. By Sith ideals, Kun was better.

No, he would defeat Vader in single combat, no question, Jedi at Vader's CURRENT level, or Sith at Vader's CURRENT level, Vader loses either one.

Intrepid37
Based on what?

Nephthys
Kun would beat Vader. Vader's too slow to dodge the amulet blasts so he's just eat blast and blast of attacks that double in power with each one.

Intrepid37
What destructive damage has Kun managed with his blasts outside power enhancing temples? Vader has superior physical feats; he's not slow by any means. Not only would it be hard for Kun to hit Vader with it, it would be extremely complicated and dangerous for him to take down Vader with it who boasts incredibly high pain insurance and durability And then, when was the last time Kun engaged an opponent only to fire an infinite amount of blasts at his opponent? To my knowledge, he has ony done this outside the temples against Aleema Keto, and he only blasted her into unconscious with it. Vodo-Siosk Baas and Uliq-Qel Droma, he dueled. Not to mention, Vader is the more skilled swordsman and, as a pure telekinetic, he outshines Kun by miles. Drain? Vader knows how to defend against the Dark Reaper, so this would not give Kun any neccesary advantage.

Nephthys
What destructive damage has Kun managed with his blasts outside power enhancing temples?

I don't believe anyone has established that the temple would effect the amulets. Moose did a rather convincing breakdown of why this wouldn't be the case.

Vader has superior physical feats; he's not slow by any means.

But he is unwieldy and ponderous. I sincerely don't see him avoiding Kun's blasts, which are rather large.

Not only would it be hard for Kun to hit Vader with it, it would be extremely complicated and dangerous for him to take down Vader with it who boasts incredibly high pain insurance and durability.

'Complicated and dangerous'? Lmao, all he has to do is blast him until he dies. Oh yes, so complex!

It wouldn't be hard for him to hit at all. Vader is a huge lumbering douche. He's not avoiding shit.

And then, when was the last time Kun engaged an opponent only to fire an infinite amount of blasts at his opponent?

That's irrelevant. When was the last time Sidious opened up a fight with lightning? That wouldn't stop us from arguing that he's pwn Vader with lightning in a fight. Kun has the ability to spam amulet blasts so we can argue that he can do that.

Not to mention, Vader is the more skilled swordsman and, as a pure telekinetic, he outshines Kun by miles. Drain? Vader knows how to defend against the Dark Reaper, so this would not give Kun any neccesary advantage.

Again, irrelevant.

Intrepid37
Since none of our debates have ever reached a consensus, and I'm not confident that this one will, I'm inclined to not continue this.

Nephthys
Debates on here rarely reach a consensus. Usually its just repeating arguments and quibbling over minor points until one guy gets frustrated and stops replying.

Intrepid37
Then there's really no point arguing with anyone on this forum.

Nephthys
Other than for fun. smile <--- sincere smile

Intrepid37
Just a waste of time really.

Also, I, Jedi mentions that the temples were designed to ''help him focus his power''. That's very defining, in my opinion.

Jmanghan
Then there's really no point arguing with anyone on this forum. Than Leave.

Intrepid37
Than?

Jmanghan
Than? Then - To be used for any source of time.

Than - Used for everything else. :P

Maybe I overreacted e.e

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Nephthys
Debates on here rarely reach a consensus. Usually its just repeating arguments and quibbling over minor points until one guy gets frustrated and stops replying.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4896152320/h3FAAE99E/

NewGuy01
Then - To be used for any source of time.

Than - Used for everything else. :P

Maybe I overreacted e.e

I don't believe you're correct there. "Than" would be used in sentences like:

"Come on, you can do better than that."

or

"Seriously? You're better than this!"

It's usually used in the making of comparison, while "Then" would be used in a sentence like:

"Then you are nothing!"

or

"What is this, then?"

Seemingly used in a fashion of "effect to a cause". (I can't think of a better way to describe.)

Or perhaps I'm flat out wrong about my theory there. But I do know that "than" was not what you were supposed to use, there.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
yeah it's then.

The Merchant
Didn't I, Jedi have Mara say that compared to Vader, Kun is quaint and to the Emperor would be nothing but a failure?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I don't believe you're correct there. "Than" would be used in sentences like:

"Come on, you can do better than that."

or

"Seriously? You're better than this!"

It's usually used in the making of comparison, while "Then" would be used in a sentence like:

"Then you are nothing!"
or

"What is this, then?"

Seemingly used in a fashion of "effect to a cause". (I can't think of a better way to describe.)

Or perhaps I'm flat out wrong about my theory there. But I do know that "than" was not what you were supposed to use, there. I know, I was trolling.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by The Merchant
Didn't I, Jedi have Mara say that compared to Vader, Kun is quaint and to the Emperor would be nothing but a failure?

Yes, but that was a mocking taunt she said to Kun himself to goad him.

A taunt is not something to be taken literally or used as any kind of proof.

Dolos
At one point he claims a SWTOR (Malgus) character displays fewer Force abilities than a PT (Tyranus) character, and I'm like "say waaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaaatttTTTtttt!?"

Here's what happened, he said:

*dork face*"Sew iz its better to display mediocre skillz in a lawt of eras or display great skillz in juist a few. I skink its betta to display skillz in just a feeew so dats why TEH SWTOR SWOLOS."

He's retarded, fat, and a virgin.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.