Rank them in Stregth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pillow Biter
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Thor
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Orion
Gladiator

Or are they all about the same?

Personally I think they are all just about dead even in strength, and that equality tends to form the basis for my Marvel/DC comparisons.

Hercules aside, I tend to think they are all just about dead even in fights too.

abhilegend
Orion
Captain Marvel/Black Adam
Thor/Hercules/Gladiator/Beta Ray Bill

Insane Titan
Haha no DC bias at all.

They are all equal with all have feats to compete with each other

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Haha no DC bias at all.

thumb up thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Thor's the weakest, that's for sure.

Warlord
you're the weakest miffed

Mshinu
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Personally I think they are all just about dead even in strength

thumb up

abhilegend
Haha no DC bias at all.

Sure.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Insane Titan
Originally posted by abhilegend
Sure.

roll eyes (sarcastic) sad thing is you know I'm true, but you have this built auto bias that makes you defend DC

Warlord
I'd really like feats from CM and Orion that put them well above Thor or Herc.

And armwrestling bets with supes ain't gonna cut it

Pillow Biter
I admit, if I had to pick someone to set above the rest it would be Marvel/Adam. But that is just a feeling I can't really support.

Batman-Prime
They are all equals. Except Hercules who is their equal except if he goes against the Hulk...

carver9
Based off strength fts Orion has the worst showings out of the entire group when it comes to lifting.

abhilegend
sad thing is you know I'm true, but you have this built auto bias that makes you defend DC
Sure.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

ShadowFyre
What have any of the dc characters done that beats Thors midgard sepent feat or destroying a planet from the shockwaves of his blows? Nm, cap marvel lifted half of infinity right?

abhilegend
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
What have any of the dc characters done that beats Thors midgard sepent feat or destroying a planet from the shockwaves of his blows? Nm, cap marvel lifted half of infinity right?
Thor's midgard serpent feat is worthless as proven many months ago. Using mjolnir to bash someone is strength feat now?

DarkSaint85
Lol, you laugh at the infinity, but use the Midgard Serpent?

The Sorrow
All roughly even, not a significant enough gap that anyone is going to noticeably overpower the other. Thor likely hits the hardest at best.

Hulk and Superman are the top strong guys of their respective universes though.

-Pr-
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Thor
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Orion
Gladiator

Personally I think they are all just about dead even in strength, and that equality tends to form the basis for my Marvel/DC comparisons.

Hercules aside, I tend to think they are all just about dead even in fights too.

Thor is the top of the group I would say, but the others are all pretty close to him by varying degrees.

====

Anyone being an ass or trying to turn this in to Marvel Vs DC is going to get warned and have their name put on the list.

pym-ftw
Marvel Family
Glads
Herc
Hammer bros
Orion

Imo
All very close

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor is the top of the group I would say, but the others are all pretty close to him by varying degrees.

====

Anyone being an ass or trying to turn this in to Marvel Vs DC is going to get warned and have their name put on the list.

Marvel strongman>>> DC strongman, that isn't even arguable, anyone thinking something else is a fanboy!

biscuits

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6e7zpc8Ln1rziwwco1_400.gif

-Pr-
laughing out loud

I'll let it go purely because you watch Supernatural.

Rao Kal El
Captain Marvel 9.5
Black Adam 9.6
Thor 9
Hercules 9
Beta Ray Bill 8
Orion 10
Gladiator 9

Hulk 10.5 +

Superman 11 +

big grin

Magnon
Orion
Captain Marvel/Black Adam
Thor/Hercules/Gladiator/Beta Ray Bill

This.

pym-ftw
What puts Orion over Black Adam? Or Billy?

bbrem123
i love how the dc characters are on top of all the dc fans lists haha

-Pr-
I'm a DC fan, and I put Thor first.

I just happen to be a Marvel fan too.

Magnon
And I'm a Marvel fan, but objective enough to put the DC characters first smile

ShadowFyre
How is lifting the midgard sepent not relevant? And having to have help to lift half of infinity which equals infinity does not make any sense (as much as any of this makes any sense).

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol, you laugh at the infinity, but use the Midgard Serpent?

I didnt laugh at anything I just said "nm cap marvel has lifted half of infinity right?"

I dont recall laughing, I mean obviously lifting infinite anything beats out pretty mich everything. Even if it makes even less sense than fighting giant planet crushing snakes.

pym-ftw
To be fair it is never said to weigh infinite.

It's just an assumption, not that the serpent feat, or herc lifting the sky should ever be used seriously.

carver9

====

What list?

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
What list?

huh?

carver9
huh?

Lol...I guess that means its not meant for me to know. Oh well. I just know one thing, my name better not be on top of the Pr list. Especially when I'm trying to become Mod next yr.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...I guess that means its not meant for me to know. Oh well. I just know one thing, my name better not be on top of the Pr list. Especially when I'm trying to become Mod next yr.

Oh THAT list.

Yes, you're on it. Top three, actually.

zopzop
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Thor
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Orion
Gladiator

1) Hercules/Thor/Beta Ray Bill
2) Gladiator
3) Black Adam/Captain Marvel/Orion (do these guys even have any strength feats?)

carver9
Oh THAT list.

Yes, you're on it. Top three, actually.

Hahahahahahaha...da**.

ShadowFyre
Anyway, to be honest I find it hard to really classify anyone since everyone has strength feats as story dictates. And I like to think of all of them as top class fighters. Any of them can outdo the others depending on the situation at hand.

Batman-Prime
laughing out loud

I'll let it go purely because you watch Supernatural.

http://lishacauthen.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/supernatural-favim-com-231062_large.gif

-Pr-
See it this week? Ackles deserves a ****ing emmy for his comedic acting.

Batman-Prime
See it this week? Ackles deserves a ****ing emmy for his comedic acting.

I watch it here in Germany on TV. Mostly at night around 3 o'clock. Currently they are trying to prevent the Apocalypse and stop Lucifer and Michael. Before that they fought Dick and the Leviathans, sometimes I have the impression they show them randomly without an real order big grin.

Jensen Ackles is the main reason I watch it. He is a great actor, his acting comedy pure. big grin Though I also like Castiel and Sam ^^.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I watch it here in Germany on TV. Mostly at night around 3 o'clock. Currently they are trying to prevent the Apocalypse and stop Lucifer and Michael. Before that they fought Dick and the Leviathans, sometimes I have the impression they show them randomly without an real order big grin.

Jensen Ackles is the main reason I watch it. He is a great actor, his acting comedy pure. big grin Though I also like Castiel and Sam ^^.

ah lol. The next season or two is going to push you a little in that they aren't spectacular, but stick with it. Seriously. the current season has been great.

Batman-Prime
ah lol. The next season or two is going to push you a little in that they aren't spectacular, but stick with it. Seriously. the current season has been great.

thumb up It already has become one of my most fav series ever ^^. I should buy it on DVD though, I missed a lot of good episodes it seems.

-Pr-
thumb up It already has become one of my most fav series ever ^^. I should buy it on DVD though, I missed a lot of good episodes it seems.

I have all of the seasons, and I definitely recommend it.

pym-ftw
It's on Netflix, and yes the current season has been great.

Pillow Biter
You simply cannot compare the strength of two characters by comparing their lifting feats. It doesn't make sense. Not unless it is in the same story and one succeeds where the other one fails.

That Thor/Gladiator/BRB/Hercules are pretty much dead even in strength (notwithstanding Gladiator sometimes having dynamic strength) seems well established)

Ditto Shazam and Black Adam.

So really, I think we are just ranking three characters:

Orion
Thor
Shazam

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
To be fair it is never said to weigh infinite.

It's just an assumption, not that the serpent feat, or herc lifting the sky should ever be used seriously.
It was said to contain the multiverse though.Originally posted by pym-ftw
What puts Orion over Black Adam? Or Billy?
He has gone toe to toe with an amped superman. Neither cap nor adam can do that.

Rao Kal El

Watch it on netflix or in project free tv

Pillow Biter
He has gone toe to toe with an amped superman. Neither cap nor adam can do that.

Superman was barely amped. No one noticed his power increase. They didn't know he was amped, and still knew they had no chance against him. It was a strangely uber Superman portrayal, with no explanation (mental blocks, etc.) for why he was suddenly so powerful.

And the art almost seemed at odds with the narration. The words said that Orion was chosen to fight Superman because he would be a surprise--Orion and Barda were the two JLA members Superman didn't know were there. And the narrative further said that even with Orion, Barda, and surprise, the whole team had no chance without Green K. Again, they have no idea Superman amped a bit. So this would have held true with even standard Supes.

And yet despite all this, the fight itself actually looks somewhat even, though clearly inconclusive and Superman is holding back, trying to not cause too much collateral damage.

Angel Watching
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Gladiator
Thor
Hercules
Orion
Beta Ray Bill
Orion

Pillow Biter
How can one uncouple Thor/Herc/BRB in strength? Or Marvel and Black Adam?

the Darkone

====

thumb up

Pillow Biter

====

Thor is at the top of the list in strength? Or formidability?

How can you really say Thor is stronger than Herc or Beta Ray Bill? Those three seem as equal as you can get. As equal as Marvel and Black Adam.

Rao Kal El
Captain Marvel = 1.5 Hercs
Black Adam = 1.5 Hercs
Thor = 1 Herc
Hercules = 1 Herc
Beta Ray Bill = .9 Hercs
Orion = 1.5 Hercs
Gladiator = 1 Herc

Hulk = IS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!

abhilegend
Superman was barely amped. No one noticed his power increase. They didn't know he was amped, and still knew they had no chance against him. It was a strangely uber Superman portrayal, with no explanation (mental blocks, etc.) for why he was suddenly so powerful.

And the art almost seemed at odds with the narration. The words said that Orion was chosen to fight Superman because he would be a surprise--Orion and Barda were the two JLA members Superman didn't know were there. And the narrative further said that even with Orion, Barda, and surprise, the whole team had no chance without Green K. Again, they have no idea Superman amped a bit. So this would have held true with even standard Supes.

And yet despite all this, the fight itself actually looks somewhat even, though clearly inconclusive and Superman is holding back, trying to not cause too much collateral damage.
I know all of that. Orion had no chance of winning but to even contend with a superman who J'onn, Diana, Barda, Supergirl and Superboy could barely hold back and he would've overpowered them eventually is a feat in itself. It was made clear that the league had no chance at all against superman though.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ManOfTomorrow13b.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ManOfTomorrow13c.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ManOfTomorrow13d.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ManOfTomorrow13e.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ManOfTomorrow13f.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ManOfTomorrow13g.jpg

I don't think cap or adam could've done that.

Pillow Biter
Haven't read that in a while. I think other top guys could have done that. Superman is presumed unbeatable more for his durability than raw power it seems--or he is holding way back and the JLA knows it. But for a guy who they can't all beat together, he doesn't really do a lot of damage to any of them. You would think he'd be two-shotting many of them.

abhilegend
Haven't read that in a while. I think other top guys could have done that. Superman is presumed unbeatable more for his durability than raw power it seems--or he is holding way back and the JLA knows it. But for a guy who they can't all beat together, he doesn't really do a lot of damage to any of them. You would think he'd be two-shotting many of them.
That's the whole fight with the JLA. He didn't even attack anybody in JLA. It looked like he was massively holding back. Some super-robots had JLA in trouble in the very same book and Superman at his normal power level was beating them left and right.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by The Sorrow
All roughly even, not a significant enough gap that anyone is going to noticeably overpower the other. Thor likely hits the hardest at best.

Hulk and Superman are the top strong guys of their respective universes though.

Pretty much this.

Personally, if I had to pick who had the best shot of coming on top, I'd give Thor the nod over the others. Over anyone really, aside from Hulk/Superman.

abhilegend
JLA vs Superman robots. J'onn is getting his ass kicked by a single one lol. JLA only won with a trick disabling them.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973482_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-04.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973494_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-05.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973495_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-06.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973502_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-10.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973504_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-11.jpg

Superman vs every one of them and he doesn't even breaks a sweat.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973505_week17-1999-Supes_MOS-88-13.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973506_week17-1999-Supes_MOS-88-14.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16973507_week17-1999-Supes_MOS-88-15.jpg

h1a8
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Thor
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Orion
Gladiator

Hercules aside, I tend to think they are all just about dead even in fights too. They are not even at all.
They have different feats.

Glads (full confidence)
CM=BA
Orion
Gladiator (average)
Hercules
Thor
Brb

Pillow Biter
Comparing lifting feats is a bad idea.

ShadowFyre
I think there is a battlezone with glads and Thor and feats kinda put Thor a bit past Gladiator but still they will all be as strong as they need to be.

Pillow Biter
Lifting feats don't matter. Comparative references, comments, and performances do.

Thor and Glads have matched up evenly in strength. And have always seemed even. Gladiator is theory has dynamic powers. But I've never really seen the confidence RAISE his powers, only lower them when he loses confidence.

ShadowFyre
So theyre all equals and we can all go home happy without anyone trying tonget the last word in.

Pillow Biter
I'm not positive about that, just Thor/Herc/BRB + probably Glads are on par. And CM/BA are equal.

LordofBrooklyn
Captain Marvel- The synergistic nature of his power gives him the edge.
Black Adam- Evil Billy falls slightly behind.
Orion- Orion can legitimately be anywhere between 1-3.
Thor- The Odinson has been lifting and has earned the rank of 4th. Less mead and more protein may result in a better ranking next time.
Gladiator- Given the nature of how his psyche affects his power, Gladiator is the most difficult to rank. I think at default he is slightly below Thor.
Hercules- Grappling with Thor does indicate strength but enough to rank ahead of the others.
Beta Ray Bill- Horse-face needs to hire CT Fletcher to get in the game.

LordofBrooklyn
I'm a DC fan, and I put Thor first.

And you're wrong.

Traitor!

-Pr-
I betray nobody.

Zack Fair
Thor>the rest.

LordofBrooklyn
I betray nobody.

I did not ask you to respond.

SILENCE, HASHBROWN HUSTLER!

-Pr-
What's a hashbrown?

h1a8
Comparing lifting feats is a bad idea.

feats =/= lifting feats.
You are changing the goal posts.

h1a8
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I think there is a battlezone with glads and Thor and feats kinda put Thor a bit past Gladiator but still they will all be as strong as they need to be.

Not really. Glads has the best strength feats. Thor just have more because he has his own comic for decades. IMO, more feats doesn't mean better.
Gladiator's planet feat, PF Cyclops feat, etc. is greater than anything Thor had did.

-Pr-
He tackled Cyclops. Not exactly world-beating or anything.

h1a8
He tackled Cyclops. Not exactly world-beating or anything.

You probably right, but the same Cyke stopped Thor's full hammer slam with his pinky finger. Thor couldn't even budge his pinky. Maybe it would have taken Cyke a little more effort to take down Gladiator. I think that's why the writer had multiple PF beings beat Glads down. IDK

Pillow Biter
Originally posted by h1a8
feats =/= lifting feats.
You are changing the goal posts.

I'm not familiar with this notation. Does this mean feats ARE lifting feats, are NOT lifting feats, or include lifting feats and more?

DarkSaint85
=/= = not equal

h1a8
I'm not familiar with this notation. Does this mean feats ARE lifting feats, are NOT lifting feats, or include lifting feats and more?

It means "not equal". Feats can be striking (koing or damaging a durable being or object), lifting, pulling, pushing, overpowering in a grapple, going toe to toe in a slugfest, etc.

Basically there are two types of feats:
1. feats against nature (objects) and
2. feats against other beings.

To compare Marvel to D.C. characters (or characters from different companies) we need feats against objects as our basis. Otherwise there is no way to compare two characters from different companies.
To compare characters that are from the same company then either feats against other beings or against objects could work.

Lifting feats aren't the only way to prove strength. There are other types of feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.