Orion vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
No AF or mother box for Orion

Who wins

Warlord
orion

abhilegend
Preboot or post reboot?

Warlord
wouldn't say it matters much.
It's not like Gladiator is full of feats in Marvel now

Insane Titan
Pre reboot

-Pr-
Preboot Orion would win. Nu52 doesn't have enough feats.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-

Delta1938
I'm assuming this is hand-to-hand, instead of a standard fight except Orion is stripped of his gear. So, Orion.

JBL
Gladiator. Faster,stronger,more powers and as Orion runs his mouth, gladiator would get pissed and get stronger and stronger.

Badabing
Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator. Faster,stronger,more powers and as Orion runs his mouth, gladiator would get pissed and get stronger and stronger. http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/GIFS/jblowned_zpsde73b372.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator. Faster,stronger,more powers and as Orion runs his mouth, gladiator would get pissed and get stronger and stronger.

I can agree with faster, but stronger based on what? As for more powers, I guess we need confirmation, but I'm assuming the OP meant hand-to-hand, and if I am correct, more powers wouldn't matter. But I could be wrong.

carver9
Originally posted by Delta1938
I can agree with faster, but stronger based on what? As for more powers, I guess we need confirmation, but I'm assuming the OP meant hand-to-hand, and if I am correct, more powers wouldn't matter. But I could be wrong.

Orion failed to break out of a titanium box. Then we have this...

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/Galan007/media/fs123.jpg.html

Here is the Titanium showing...

http://s165.photobucket.com/user/Galan007/media/fs124.jpg.html

Delta1938
Originally posted by carter9

And that counters all the times he's gone toe-to-toe with Superman? Including a fight where in the same issue, after, Superman was barely restrained by JLA/Team Superman that included Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman? Not sure if you're serious or trolling.

iceman24567
carver is just low balling as usual nothing new there. Orion wins

celeyhyga17
Edit double post.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9

ure just as bad as abhi.

anyways, is this only a slugfest?

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
ure just as bad as abhi.

anyways, is this only a slugfest?

That message was for Delta and no one else (since he has been ignoring my messages on XBOX). I know of Orion physical stats.

Estacado
Orion.
Gladiator got wtfpwned by Gambit.

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
Orion.
Gladiator got wtfpwned by Gambit.

Really?

Delta1938
That message was for Delta and no one else (since he has been ignoring my messages on XBOX). I know of Orion physical stats.

One: You didn't respond to my reply. Two: What messages? I haven't gotten a message from you on LIVE since last Sunday.

Estacado
Really?
Yup.
It happened.
Want me to post scans?

-K-M-
What? I thought we were just going by low-showings isn't that right carver?

carver9
Originally posted by -K-M-
What I thought we were just going by low-showings isn't that right carver?

I told you all why I said what I said and he still post that.

carver9
One: You didn't respond to my reply. Two: What messages? I haven't gotten a message from you on LIVE since last Sunday.

You got my messages yesterday. Stop lying Delta before I report you for lying.

Delta1938
I told you all why I said what I said and he still post that.

You posted it to troll me because I'm supposedly ignoring your messages on Xbox LIVE. Is this the same thing as when you said I've been avoiding playing against you on Xbox LIVE when A: you never sent me a single invite to a game or challenged me, and B: at the time you claimed I was avoiding you, we didn't even HAVE any of the same games TO play against each other on?

You got my messages yesterday. Stop lying Delta before I report you for lying.

I just double checked both notifications and messages. The last message I got from you was June 29th at 20:26 Pacific time. Maybe you sent me messages, but I never got them.

carver9
You posted it to troll me because I'm supposedly ignoring your messages on Xbox LIVE. Is this the same thing as when you said I've been avoiding playing against you on Xbox LIVE when A: you never sent me a single invite to a game or challenged me, and B: at the time you claimed I was avoiding you, we didn't even HAVE any of the same games TO play against each other on?

Reported

Delta1938
Reported

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

carver9
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

laughing out loud

Delta1938
So, back on topic.....

Originally posted by JBL

JBL
And that counters all the times he's gone toe-to-toe with Superman? Including a fight where in the same issue, after, Superman was barely restrained by JLA/Team Superman that included Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman? Not sure if you're serious or trolling. Its cute when people run to the " going toe to toe with superman " as proof of someones strength. Gladiator has destroyed a planet with brute strength, DC has made it perfectly clear no matter who likes it or not that neither Orion, superman, CM, BA or WW has the power to destroy a planet. People can take that up with DC, not me. So yes, Gladiator is a LOT stronger. Now watch as statements such as the "the strongest on earth" or ' lifting the earths weight" stay gold plated but this one will get thrown under the rug. Gladiator Wins.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Its cute when people run to the " going toe to toe with superman " as proof of someones strength. Gladiator has destroyed a planet with brute strength, DC has made it perfectly clear no matter who likes it or not that neither Orion, superman, CM, BA or WW has the power to destroy a planet. People can take that up with DC, not me. So yes, Gladiator is a LOT stronger. Now watch as statements such as the "the strongest on earth" or ' lifting the earths weight" stay gold plated but this one will get thrown under the rug. Gladiator Wins.

So Aquaman is stronger than Eternity. Gotcha.

Badabing
Carver: Warned for stalking Delta.

Delta: Warned for ingoring Carver's advances.

sneer

JBL
So Aquaman is stronger than Eternity. Gotcha. I'm sure you know the answer to that.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Badabing
Carver: Warned for stalking Delta.

Delta: Warned for ingoring Carver's advances.

sneer

I'll convince him to go after you, then you can ban yourself for ingoring his advances. miffed Wait-- confused .....what's "ingoring?" stick out tongue

Originally posted by JBL
I'm sure you know the answer to that.

Aquaman has feats in the thousands to tens of thousands of tons. What feats of strength does Eternity have? It's cute that you think Eternity is stronger 'cuz he's Eternity, but what has he done strength-wise?

carver9
I'll convince him to go after you, then you can ban yourself for ingoring his advances. miffed Wait-- confused .....what's "ingoring?" stick out tongue

Aquaman has feats in the thousands to tens of thousands of tons. What feats of strength does Eternity have? It's cute that you think Eternity is stronger 'cuz he's Eternity, but what has he done strength-wise?

Are you on the 360 right now?

Delta1938
Are you on the 360 right now?

No. X1. But I just leave that on regardless of what I'm doing.

DarkSaint85

These goddamn Eternity fanboys. I tell you, every forum I've frequented has them, and they're the absolute worst.

Delta1938
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
These goddamn Eternity fanboys. I tell you, every forum I've frequented has them, and they're the absolute worst.

I tell ya it's these damn Eternity fanboys that are why the economy is so bad and California is in a serious drought and the obesity problem and cancer and starving people in Africa and communism and reality TV. I say we shoot them, shoot them all!!

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Its cute when people run to the " going toe to toe with superman " as proof of someones strength. Gladiator has destroyed a planet with brute strength, DC has made it perfectly clear no matter who likes it or not that neither Orion, superman, CM, BA or WW has the power to destroy a planet. People can take that up with DC, not me. So yes, Gladiator is a LOT stronger. Now watch as statements such as the "the strongest on earth" or ' lifting the earths weight" stay gold plated but this one will get thrown under the rug. Gladiator Wins.
Bwahahaha. Oh man, Eternity needs every bit of his power to destroy a planet in marvel. What a ****ing weak universe!

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bwahahaha. Oh man, Eternity needs every bit of his power to destroy a planet in marvel. What a ****ing weak universe! Was Eternity KOED after the feat? evil face

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Was Eternity KOED after the feat? evil face

So, what feats of strength does Eternity have to make him stronger than Aquaman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Was Eternity KOED after the feat? evil face
That would be too embarrasing. Like getting KOED by Corsair's laser pistol.

JBL
That would be too embarrasing. Like getting KOED by Corsair's laser pistol. I have seen humans walk away from gas station explosions with minor burns. evil face

JBL
So, what feats of strength does Eternity have to make him stronger than Aquaman? The fact that we know what would happen if Aquaman run up on Eternity with his fist swinging.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Peter Parker
The fact that we know what would happen if Aquaman run up on Eternity with his fist swinging.

Which has nothing to do with pure strength. So you dodge the question just like you dodged the question about how many Superman comics you've actually read. So again, what feats of strength does Eternity have to put him over Aquaman? I don't care about how a FIGHT would go between the two. I want to know what Eternity's strength feats are. But you'll dodge again Pete.

JBL
Which has nothing to do with pure strength. So you dodge the question just like you dodged the question about how many Superman comics you've actually read. So again, what feats of strength does Eternity have to put him over Aquaman? I don't care about how a FIGHT would go between the two. I want to know what Eternity's strength feats are. But you'll dodge again Pete. Answer this. How many hamburgers have you eaten? Now you can say anywhere between 1 and 1 million and i am supposed to believe your answer? How many superman comics have i read??? REALLY DUDE??? No matter what number i give, superman fans will not believe me because in their minds its a number of their choice. Your last question makes no sense at all because of who Eternity is.

Delta1938
Answer this. How many hamburgers have you eaten? Now you can say anywhere between 1 and 1 million and i am supposed to believe your answer? How many superman comics have i read??? REALLY DUDE??? No matter what number i give, superman fans will not believe me because in their minds its a number of their choice. Your last question makes no sense at all because of who Eternity is.

Your ignorance of Superman and behavior prove you're not trustworthy. You never even gave an estimate. You claimed if you sold all your Superman comics for $2 you'd be very happy. You must be dirt poor to be very happy for getting $2.

And you fail to answer. What feats of strength has Eternity done to put him over Aquaman? My answer either makes perfect sense and you're dodging it, or you're an absolute idiot and legitimately don't get it. Which is it, Pete?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
I have seen humans walk away from gas station explosions with minor burns. evil face
Gladiator was knocked out by Gambit's cards. So he wouldn't. Superman no sold two gas explosions in DOS too.

JBL
Your ignorance of Superman and behavior prove you're not trustworthy. You never even gave an estimate. You claimed if you sold all your Superman comics for $2 you'd be very happy. You must be dirt poor to be very happy for getting $2.

And you fail to answer. What feats of strength has Eternity done to put him over Aquaman? My answer either makes perfect sense and you're dodging it, or you're an absolute idiot and legitimately don't get it. Which is it, Pete? First of all, who the hell is Pete? Second, if you had any common sense, you would know that selling a LOT of superman comics for 2 dollars each and making a HUGE profit is good retail. You were not smart enough to even see the meaning of my statement. This, like so many conversations have devolved into insults, so until you grow up and act like an adult and not a child waiting on Santa, i have nothing to say to you again. But if you want, i could let a 5 year old interact with your SHOWN mentality.

JBL
Gladiator was knocked out by Gambit's cards. So he wouldn't. Superman no sold two gas explosions in DOS too. Hold off for a little while abhil. I seem to have a child following me around who thinks my name is Pete. I hope Elementary School starts soon.

Delta1938
First of all, who the hell is Pete? Second, if you had any common sense, you would know that selling a LOT of superman comics for 2 dollars each and making a HUGE profit is good retail. You were not smart enough to even see the meaning of my statement. This, like so many conversations have devolved into insults, so until you grow up and act like an adult and not a child waiting on Santa, i have nothing to say to you again. But if you want, i could let a 5 year old interact with your SHOWN mentality.

You're Pete. You haven't figured it out? And I fully understand how selling a lot of things for $2 each would add-up to a lot of money. You failed to notice that by saying you must be dirt poor to be happy with only $2, I was saying you only have one Superman comic. And I'm the one lacking common sense?

And I've made no insult. You either fully understand my question about Eternity's feats of strength and realize you painted yourself into a corner, or you're truly stupid and fail to understand what I meant. I asked which is it.

And still waiting for those feats of strength for Eternity. Oh and Orion wins if it's hand-to-hand or slugfest, but loses if it's a regular fight but he's stripped of his gear.

JBL
You're Pete. You haven't figured it out? And I fully understand how selling a lot of things for $2 each would add-up to a lot of money. You failed to notice that by saying you must be dirt poor to be happy with only $2, I was saying you only have one Superman comic. And I'm the one lacking common sense?

And I've made no insult. You either fully understand my question about Eternity's feats of strength and realize you painted yourself into a corner, or you're truly stupid and fail to understand what I meant. I asked which is it.

And still waiting for those feats of strength for Eternity. Oh and Orion wins if it's hand-to-hand or slugfest, but loses if it's a regular fight but he's stripped of his gear. Did the Little Engine that could really make it over that hill little one? And yes, you lack common sense else you would realize when someone is done with your foolishness. smokin'

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Did the Little Engine that could really make it over that hill little one? And yes, you lack common sense else you would realize when someone is done with your foolishness. smokin'

So you still fail to answer my question, you either plug your ears and go "Lalalalala I CAN'T HEAR YOU !!!!" in response to me pointing-out you actually failed to get what I meant, or you legitimately don't understand, and also avoid the point that if you painted yourself into a corner and that's why you're dodging my question. And then try to act like you're cool and mature and I'm some little kid, trying to use style to make-up for a severe lack of substance.

Concessions of your thorough owning accepted.

Oh, and Orion chokes Gladiator by stuffing that stupid mohawk down his throat and asks how much of a retard he must be since he's stalemated the real Superman, that Superman-Lite-Lite would be a warm-up at best.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Hold off for a little while abhil. I seem to have a child following me around who thinks my name is Pete. I hope Elementary School starts soon.
laughing

Go back to cbr where you belong kid.

carver9
Back on topic, Gladiator wins the majority.

JBL
So you still fail to answer my question, you either plug your ears and go "Lalalalala I CAN'T HEAR YOU !!!!" in response to me pointing-out you actually failed to get what I meant, or you legitimately don't understand, and also avoid the point that if you painted yourself into a corner and that's why you're dodging my question. And then try to act like you're cool and mature and I'm some little kid, trying to use style to make-up for a severe lack of substance.

Concessions of your thorough owning accepted.

Oh, and Orion chokes Gladiator by stuffing that stupid mohawk down his throat and asks how much of a retard he must be since he's stalemated the real Superman, that Superman-Lite-Lite would be a warm-up at best. Then superman must not be much. There is no way around it. NONE of them are powerful or strong enough to destroy a planet. That's their own Company view. Gladiator can and HAS. He is strong enough and powerful enough. Orion ( and others ) by DC's own admission is below gladiator. Orion cannot beat Gladiator. Even though it was a cross-over, Surfer raped Orion on-panel.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/28811/716701-000001.jpg

Now look at what happened when glads and surfer fought. Cross-overs do give a general idea. smokin'

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48945/903628-gladiatorvssilversurfer2.jpg

Branlor Swift
Gladiator has enough feats to say he'd give good fights to top tiers. The problem is his low feats hold him back from going farther. So while he can ultimately give a good fight, he's still going to lose in the end. Whether that takes hours or minutes.

That's not even factoring in Orion's feats. Though it's cute that Carver is trying to lowball him while defending Gladiator.

Mindset
Bwahahaha. Oh man, Eternity needs every bit of his power to destroy a planet in marvel. What a ****ing weak universe! Marvel planets are stronger than DC ones.

Badabing
If people are going to bicker and post off topic then I guess I'll start with the bans.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Then superman must not be much. There is no way around it. NONE of them are powerful or strong enough to destroy a planet. That's their own Company view. Gladiator can and HAS. He is strong enough and powerful enough. Orion ( and others ) by DC's own admission is below gladiator. Orion cannot beat Gladiator. Even though it was a cross-over, Surfer raped Orion on-panel.

Now look at what happened when glads and surfer fought. Cross-overs do give a general idea. smokin'

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48945/903628-gladiatorvssilversurfer2.jpg

Now show the scans where Gladiator takes on a Skyfather like Orion did.

I'll wait.

Golgo13
Orion.

Galan007
orion has stalemated a sun-amped superman. just sayin...

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Then superman must not be much. There is no way around it. NONE of them are powerful or strong enough to destroy a planet. That's their own Company view. Gladiator can and HAS. He is strong enough and powerful enough. Orion ( and others ) by DC's own admission is below gladiator. Orion cannot beat Gladiator. Even though it was a cross-over, Surfer raped Orion on-panel.

That is a horrid showing for Orion, considering that Orion got things up close and this comic, whether it's canon or not, takes place before FANTASTIC FOUR #48, and in that comic Surfer got one-shot by Thing(albeit a sucker punch). But do you REALLY want to bring that comic up? You know what else happened there? Surfer was getting owned by Parademons.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Comparing/Darkseid/Silver%20Surfer/Parademons

Surfer also got owned by Desaad grabbing Random Gadget #978. Orion typically does better against Parademons. Hell, a powerless and amnesic Superman has done better against Parademons.

And that Gladiator/Surfer fight? Isn't that from MARVEL ADVENTURES? If so, non-canon.

And I'm done making you sweat on your painting yourself into a corner. You keep arguing Orion isn't that strong because you think Superman isn't that strong. Your argument is from ignorance. You claim DC has "admitted" that their characters are less powerful. No, they did not.

You keep thinking Superman can't destroy a planet, but he destroyed what had to be a planet-sized asteroid with one shot, and during the FOR TOMORROW storyline, Superman and Zod destroyed the planet they were on in the course of their fight, through their "connection" to the planet. Every time one of them hit each other, it was destroying the planet. So, Superman has destroyed a planet sized object, and a planet(albeit shared). But those aren't even Superman's better examples.

Personally, I think Superman helping to move a recreated Krypton in RETURN TO KRYPTON is more impressive than destroying a planet of I believe unknown size, taking context into consideration, but that's me. I also think Superman walking through Kyle's "id" construct's blast is more impressive than planet busting, considering what Kyle has done. But Superman holding a solar system busting miniature black hole in his hands? Definitely more impressive than planet busting. Unless the planet is New Genesis or Apokolips.

So, Superman has planet busting and equivalent feats, and greater than planet-busting. And Orion has gone toe-to-toe with him more than once, including one fight where it kept talking about them being "too evenly matched" and stuff like that.

And still, you failed to answer the question of what has Eternity done, strength-wise, to say he's stronger than Aquaman. I'm going to guess that's because Eternity has no feats of strength, and you keep dodging it because answering the question means your only argument falls apart. Which.....wasn't even valid in the first place!!

JBL
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Now show the scans where Gladiator takes on a Skyfather like Orion did.

I'll wait. Let that same Skyfather that Orion took on go up against this guy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/74477/3272609-silversurferv3082205rcnw3.jpg

Gladiator wins.

-Pr-
Guys, you've been told in the past not to use crossovers. It's not a suggestion or a guideline; it's a rule.

Don't do it.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Orion still wins but Glads makes him work for it.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
Let that same Skyfather that Orion took on go up against this guy.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/74477/3272609-silversurferv3082205rcnw3.jpg

Gladiator wins.

You can never answer a question directly.

Run, JBL, run!

LeonBuco666

Context Carver! Context!

And the fact you are playing a high end showing off against a low end showing is shitty.

abhilegend
Someone post Hyperion matching Gladiator in strength and then failing to stop a 350 ton satellite or colossus matching him blow for blow only to be taken out by a pillar falling on him.

JBL
Someone post Hyperion matching Gladiator in strength and then failing to stop a 350 ton satellite or colossus matching him blow for blow only to be taken out by a pillar falling on him. Tell them to include the parts where Gladiator carried their limp bodies away.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by JBL

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/48945/903628-gladiatorvssilversurfer2.jpg You must have missed the part where Surfer left a guy with Gladiator's power and the Unipower in a coma.

In canon.

Delta1938
You can never answer a question directly.

Run, Peter Parker, run!

He almost never runs. He normally dodges.

Delta1938
Tell them to include the parts where Gladiator carried their limp bodies away.

Snapping someone's neck the way Gladiator did has nothing to do with being stronger. And carrying Colossus? I could be wrong, but isn't that because he woke-up first?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
orion has stalemated a sun-amped superman. just sayin... And has ko'd an all out Superman before as well.

thumb up

abhilegend
When did he KO Superman let alone an all out Superman other than the time he surprised a younger Kal in Superman Confidential? Because Superman actually beat him with just a punch two pages later.

quanchi112
When did he KO Superman let alone an all out Superman other than the time he surprised a younger Kal in Superman Confidential? Because Superman actually beat him with just a punch two pages later. So you aren't aware of the feat. Figures.

celeyhyga17
Lol

LordofBrooklyn
He almost never runs. He normally dodges.

The rise of The House of El has caused him to change tactics.

deathslash
Oroin wins more times than not.

Werewolf582

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Lol
Heh, agreeing with quan? Since when was a young Superman being surprised by Orion translated into "Orion knocked out all out Superman"?

quanchi112
Heh, agreeing with quan? Since when was a young Superman being surprised by Orion translated into "Orion knocked out all out Superman"? Wrong showing.

smile

abhilegend
Yeah and which showing are we talking about here where Orion knocked out Superman, let alone all out Superman?

quanchi112
Yeah and which showing are we talking about here where Orion knocked out Superman, let alone all out Superman? I want you to quote me when you respond to me from now on and to quit selectively ignoring me.

abhilegend
And why would I do that?

quanchi112
And why would I do that? Then I have no choice but to not answer your questions.

abhilegend
No problem to me since there is no showing where Orion knocked out superman without a surprise hit and it happened only once in Superman Confidential. As you can't answer the question, I accept your concession.

quanchi112
No problem to me since there is no showing where Orion knocked out superman without a surprise hit and it happened only once in Superman Confidential. As you can't answer the question, I accept your concession. You refused to be civil and are ignorant to the showing. It's more amusing to me to not tell you since you're clueless and rude.

abhilegend
Concession Accepted. There is no such showing. Back to being ignored. Anyone else? Celey?

quanchi112
Concession Accepted. There is no such showing. Back to being ignored. Anyone else? Celey? There is a showing you have no idea about. I'm going to rub this in forever. You're a poor man's jelly robes. He is a true superman fan.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Carver has finally broken you.

psycho gundam
how bout a thread where no link to superman can possibly be made.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
That would be impossible.

erm

-Pr-
Guys, get back on topic.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
No AF or mother box for Orion

Who wins
I'm going with Gladiator here.
We have speed, hv, freeze breath, and mobility.
Orion has no AF or mother box.
This fight is lopsided IMO.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Carver has finally broken you. Negative.

Orion wins.

celeyhyga17
No! Don't be a party pooper.

mad

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
Negative.

Orion wins. How can Orion win this and he's handicapped with no AF or motherbox? Gladiator would have ranged attacks, mobility, speed, etc. This fight is lopsided.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
How can Orion win this and he's handicapped with no AF or motherbox? Gladiator would have ranged attacks, mobility, speed, etc. This fight is lopsided. Orion's rage, strength, and skills make this his fight. It is close.

h1a8
Orion's rage, strength, and skills make this his fight. It is close.

How does Rage benefit Orion?
Strength isn't a deciding factor since it's going to take many hits for one to win over the other.
Skills are near equal

Gladiator has the speed, reflexes, flight and mobility, and most importantly RANGED ATTACKS. He can just blast Orion from afar and easily win.

quanchi112
Strength isn't a deciding factor since it's going to take many hits for one to win over the other.
Skills are near equal

Gladiator has the speed, reflexes, flight and mobility, and most importantly RANGED ATTACKS. He can just blast Orion from afar and easily win. He hits harder.

How do you know any of this ? Cite examples.

Gladiator doesn't fight like that. He physically engages his opponents so please quit making up tactics outside of gladiators personality.

Werewolf582
He hits harder.

Gladiator doesn't fight like that. He physically engages his opponents so please quit making up tactics outside of gladiators personality. LOL, you ask people to prove thier point, but you dont have to. LOL

h1a8
He hits harder.

Gladiator doesn't fight like that. He physically engages his opponents so please quit making up tactics outside of gladiators personality.

He hits harder than normal? Ok, but his accuracy and skill will go down.

There durability feats prove that it would take many hits for one to fell the other.
Both have taken punishment by super strong beings without being koed.

Gladiator HAS used speed, flight and mobility, and ranged attacks (purposely staying away) in order to win. And this is canon and happened multiple times.

quanchi112
He hits harder than normal? Ok, but his accuracy and skill will go down.

There durability feats prove that it would take many hits for one to fell the other.
Both have taken punishment by super strong beings without being koed.

Gladiator HAS used speed, flight and mobility, and ranged attacks (purposely staying away) in order to win. And this is canon and happened multiple times. Based on ?

Gladiator went down pretty quickly from Masterson Thor.

Cite a few examples.

Werewolf582
Based on ?

Cite a few examples. LOL. You don't have to prove your point but everyone else does?! Man you suck at this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Werewolf582
LOL. You don't have to prove your point but everyone else does?! Man you suck at this. Quit derailing all these threads. You're carrying some sort of vendetta over from the movie versus thread. Orion wins.

I cited examples of Masterson Thor crushing gladiator quickly. Hulk has done so as well.

h1a8
Based on ?

Cite a few examples.

That's because he was caught off guard. It's similar to being cheapshotted. But Gladiator has showings of surviving many many hits from beings far more powerful. So that's that.

His fight with Hyperion (fighting within nanoseconds), His fight against Masterson Thor (using running speed and quickly knocking Thor's hammer away), His fight against Hulk (where he used HV and stay far away), the several times he was shown as a blur blitzing people right and left.

Delta1938
The rise of The House of El has caused him to change tactics.

Pete has always been dodging questions he either can't answer period, or can't answer without panting himself into a corner.

No problem to me since there is no showing where Orion knocked out superman without a surprise hit and it happened only once in Superman Confidential. As you can't answer the question, I accept your concession.

My guess is she's misrepresenting the fight under Byrne in early Post-CRISIS AC. I could be wrong, but that's my guess. And Superman wasn't even knocked-out. And Orion was getting his ass kicked until Lightray jumped in and distracted him.

Hard not to bring Superman up when arguing Orion, since fights have had Orion closer to being Superman's equal than anybody else. The problem is when the Superman haters have to attack Superman.

I'm going with Gladiator here.
We have speed, hv, freeze breath, and mobility.
Orion has no AF or mother box.
This fight is lopsided IMO.

I assumed this was meant as hand-to-hand. The thread starter hasn't confirmed, but that's what I assumed.

Skills are near equal

Gladiator has the speed, reflexes, flight and mobility, and most importantly RANGED ATTACKS. He can just blast Orion from afar and easily win.

What makes you think Gladiator's skill is "near equal" to Orion's?

h1a8

I assumed this was meant as hand-to-hand. The thread starter hasn't confirmed, but that's what I assumed.

What makes you think Gladiator's skill is "near equal" to Orion's?

From Suspension of disbelief. Both are stated to be highly trained in the art of combat. Going by comics, both don't really show much skill at all. But Orion shows he is somewhat more skilled than Gladiator (not by much). They both brawl like idiots (because writer's don't know how to fight).

quanchi112
That's because he was caught off guard. It's similar to being cheapshotted. But Gladiator has showings of surviving many many hits from beings far more powerful. So that's that.

His fight with Hyperion (fighting within nanoseconds), His fight against Masterson Thor (using running speed and quickly knocking Thor's hammer away), His fight against Hulk (where he used HV and stay far away), the several times he was shown as a blur blitzing people right and left. It was in the middle of a fight. What beings that are more powerful than Thor ?

Hyperion is far less powerful than Thor, Masterson was inexperienced at the time yet still was resourceful enough to prevail, his tactics failed against a hulking monster with no skill....

So has Orion.

smile

Delta1938
From Suspension of disbelief. Both are stated to be highly trained in the art of combat. Going by comics, both don't really show much skill at all. But Orion shows he is somewhat more skilled than Gladiator (not by much). They both brawl like idiots (because writer's don't know how to fight).

It's true that writers usually don't have Top-Tiers with "hundreds/thousands of years of experience" actually use it and most fans of those immortal warrior types tend to grossly overrate the characters' actual skill and go by what it SHOULD be. But Orion has a couple examples that actually somewhat to do live up to the hype, and in Simonson's ORION run he had Orion being a war god give him "instinctual knowledge" for lack of a better term.

He's far, far better a fighter than Gladiator on paper, and in practice has shown to be much better than what I've seen for Gladiator. So, does Gladiator actually have some awesome skill showings you can show or point me to, or are you just assuming he's close to Orion in that department?

abhilegend
FWIW, a young Superman oneshotted Orion's ass out.

http://i.imgur.com/FGFWtqz.jpg

And while Superman was busy fighting Lightray, Orion was busy napping out.

quanchi112
That was a cheapshot.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
It wasn't.

quanchi112
It wasn't. He was t ready for combat and was telling him to get to his feet in which Superman Cheapshotted him. It's all on panel.

Delta1938
Not trying to backseat mod, but would you two please get back on topic before this thread gets closed?

abhilegend
It wasn't a cheapshot at all.

quanchi112
It wasn't a cheapshot at all. I disagree the comic makes it clear Orion wasn't ready for combat.

With that being said delta is right so..

Orion wins, again.

abhilegend
It wasn't a cheapshot and was never said or even implied. Orion cheapshotted superman and he spelled it out however.

Delta1938
It wasn't a cheapshot and was never said or even implied. Orion cheapshotted superman and he spelled it out however.

miffed I asked nicely for you two to stop arguing off-topic, because I'm afraid this thread will get closed, and I like it. I'm gonna go eat beef dedicated to you. And I'm not even hungry.

h1a8
It was in the middle of a fight. What beings that are more powerful than Thor ?

Hyperion is far less powerful than Thor, Masterson was inexperienced at the time yet still was resourceful enough to prevail, his tactics failed against a hulking monster with no skill....

So has Orion.

smile Gladiator stopped fighting and started taunting Thor. Thor hit him with an unsuspecting lightning bolt to stun him. Then Thor preceded to pummel him with Mjolnir slams. Gladiator wasn't ready since he felt he already defeated Thor.

I mentioned Hyperion because you wanted examples of Gladiator using his speed and mobility and reflexes in combat.
Glads used his speed and mobility against Masterson as well.

For Hulk, he basically blasted away at his chest while staying away.
And then there are other times showing him as a blur blitzing his enemies.

quanchi112
It wasn't a cheapshot and was never said or even implied. Orion cheapshotted superman and he spelled it out however. I saw the scene or scan. Someone saying get up let's go and the other go just cold cocking him is a cheapshot. I don't need someone else to explain what is easily understood.

Back to the topic. Orion wins.

quanchi112
Gladiator stopped fighting and started taunting Thor. Thor hit him with an unsuspecting lightning bolt to stun him. Then Thor preceded to pummel him with Mjolnir slams. Gladiator wasn't ready since he felt he already defeated Thor.

I mentioned Hyperion because you wanted examples of Gladiator using his speed and mobility and reflexes in combat.
Glads used his speed and mobility against Masterson as well.

For Hulk, he basically blasted away at his chest while staying away.
And then there are other times showing him as a blur blitzing his enemies. yes, due to arrogance. Yes, he was caught completely off guard and was crushed by the hammer very quickly. Gladiator was in mid combat and was stupid.

Yes, and Thor has also held his own against Hyperion.

Hulk despite a lack of speed managed to close the distance and use the hv against him. That foes against your silly ideas of how he fights since someone slower pwned this attack.

h1a8
yes, due to arrogance. Yes, he was caught completely off guard and was crushed by the hammer very quickly. Gladiator was in mid combat and was stupid.

Yes, and Thor has also held his own against Hyperion.

Hulk despite a lack of speed managed to close the distance and use the hv against him. That foes against your silly ideas of how he fights since someone slower pwned this attack.

But my point is that Gladiator fights like that, nothing more.
I'm not sure whether Orion would power through his HV like Hulk did. He doesn't have as good as a HF as Hulk does. Glads is arrogant, I give you that. Maybe that gives Orion a chance. But without both the AF and motherbox it's still lopsided me thinks.

quanchi112
But my point is that Gladiator fights like that, nothing more.
I'm not sure whether Orion would power through his HV like Hulk did. He doesn't have as good as a HF as Hulk does. Glads is arrogant, I give you that. Maybe that gives Orion a chance. But without both the AF and motherbox it's still lopsided me thinks. And has been beaten by slower bricks when using those tactics. Your examples proved my case. Hulk's hf was less than in that arc. He still closed the gap and owned him.

You're wrong.

Branlor Swift
So Quan is defending a DC character and H1 apparently a Marvel character..

This is too much for me, I don't even understand what's going on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

This is too much for me, I don't even understand what's going on. I am objective so this shouldn't surprise you.

iceman24567

thumb up

h1a8

This is too much for me, I don't even understand what's going on. Actually I'm not bias towards either company.
I just like speed.
If more Marvel characters had grade A speed then you would think I'm Marvel bias lol.
But Seriously, how can this not be a lopsided fight? Orion has no AF, no motherbox, nothing.

abhilegend
Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up
laughing out loud

And Superman oneshotted Orion by punching him in the face. No cheapshots there.

-Pr-

Yeah, it's just weird...

DarkSaint85
Quan and h1 are the two mist unbiased posters we have.

A Disciple of Death vs a Lord of Speed

celeyhyga17
Orion still edges Gladiator.

quanchi112
laughing out loud

And Superman oneshotted Orion by punching him in the face. No cheapshots there. Orion wasnt ready but during combat he took out an all out Superman. I believe Orion wins this fight though due to rage and his feats.

abhilegend
Nope, that was no all out Superman. In fact he outright said that Orion surprised him and he isn't going to play around anymore.

No such thing was said about Orion.

pym-ftw
Gladiator beats the heavily restricted Orion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No Mother Box or Astro Force? Gladiator overall is too much then imo.

Philosophía
Orion.

panthergod
There is a showing you have no idea about. I'm going to rub this in forever. You're a poor man's jelly robes. He is a true superman fan.

lol smh

Delta1938
Originally posted by panthergod
lol smh

Hey Jelly, since you quoted Quanny you reminded me of something. Ever hear about expunging bacteria?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.