Thor vs. the Blue Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pillow Biter
BM seems to be getting some play lately. Can he take down the Thunder God?

ShadowFyre
I think it would be a good fight and if Thor just runs around swinging his hammer he could definitely lose but if he uses his actual powers he should take this more often than not. But we have not actually seen BM use his anti matter powers besides healing Monica so far. I think BM is gonna meet up with the main Avengers group to stack even more power on to an already extremely overpowered group. I mean seriously, these guys are more stacked than the Annihalators.

abhilegend
Thor wins.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor wins.

Reported for racism.

carver9
This could go any way. Both are great. I know one thing, BM punch extremely hard.

janus77
Aside from a dalliance with a half-arsed Sentry, what has BM done on the mid to high herald tier?

janus77
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Reported for racism.
Aryan unity yes.

pym-ftw
Thor wins.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I think it would be a good fight and if Thor just runs around swinging his hammer he could definitely lose but if he uses his actual powers he should take this more often than not. But we have not actually seen BM use his anti matter powers besides healing Monica so far. I think BM is gonna meet up with the main Avengers group to stack even more power on to an already extremely overpowered group. I mean seriously, these guys are more stacked than the Annihalators. Sweet overpoweredness lol. Reminds me of JLA's Big 7. Should be fun, but I fear they won't be able to write good stories. But who knows

carver9
Avengers don't need another power house...they have 4 high Heralds, 2 trans and some low heralds on the team. This is by far the best team out there.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Avengers don't need another power house...they have 4 high Heralds, 2 trans and some low heralds on the team. This is by far the best team out there.

JLD has 3 trans and several high heralds. stick out tongue

ShadowFyre
Who are the trans your referring to? Hulk and starbrand? And who the low heralds? Some of their powers are so hard to judge due to lack of feats. But yeah, they need to cut some of these guys out. After what Thor and Cap Universe did to the builders its gonna be hard even showing Thanos go up to this team. I can see him possibly taking Thor and Hulk at most and thats getting iffy given their recent showings in their respective comics. Hulks speed and durability going up and Thors striking feats and damage soak.

ShadowFyre
Oh and is there any way to actually put Shumas avatar in respective? I mean BM just kinda flew right through it so hard to say if its a good showing for him or low for Shuma.

SamZED
Feats from respectives book are usually shat upon in team books. Main baddy will still kick everyone's ass just to lose to some plot device at the end of the book.

ShadowFyre
True. I have a feeling Thane will be the plot device in this one.

ShadowFyre
He already dismissed Hulk pretty much. Im sure the rest are going to job and Cap Universe will be conveniently elsewhere or talking about pie or some nonsense. Starbrand will be afraid to do anything. Abyss and ex nihilio will have some wierd incest thing and dialogue about life. Hyperion and Thor will somehow be one shotted by people who have no right doing so. Or better Thor will let loose with his most "mighty" blow that will have no effect but Captain America will somehow knock Thanos on his ass with his awesome supersoldier strength.

Golgo13
He already dismissed Hulk pretty much. Im sure the rest are going to job and Cap Universe will be conveniently elsewhere or talking about pie or some nonsense. Starbrand will be afraid to do anything. Abyss and ex nihilio will have some wierd incest thing and dialogue about life. Hyperion and Thor will somehow be one shotted by people who have no right doing so. Or better Thor will let loose with his most "mighty" blow that will have no effect but Captain America will somehow knock Thanos on his ass with his awesome supersoldier strength.

thumb up Pretty much this.

dial J for Josh

Lulz sounds about right. Thane should be the plot device. But the current avengers team is still too stacked.

ShadowFyre
It would be kind of dissappointing to have this whole earth invasion due to Thane and then barely showing him at all. I would really like an epic brawl but we already know Thor and Hulk wont be going close to all out since its on Earth and the same for Gladiator and Hyperion (im assuming he could destroy a planet just as easily as the rest of them). Which kind of makes me wonder about Caps strategy. I would just have manifold pop in, take Thanos off earth and then just let the monsters loose in space. (Giving hulk a jetpack, or beans and he can gamma fart his way around).

Golgo13
Does anyone think Thanos will fight Captain Universe, Hyperion, Thor, and Hulk at once?

ShadowFyre
There were some scans of Hulk attacking by himself for some reason. And getting knocked away. Depends on how long the comic itself is. I dont see how they can put all of these characters fighting and a story in a mere 20+ pages. We know the hulk at least takes up 2 already. And im assuming at least one page of cap telling thanos they are back and this is an avengers universe.

Branlor Swift
There were some scans of Hulk attacking by himself for some reason. And getting knocked away. Depends on how long the comic itself is. I dont see how they can put all of these characters fighting and a story in a mere 20+ pages. We know the hulk at least takes up 2 already. And im assuming at least one page of cap telling thanos they are back and this is an avengers universe. The preview scans directly follow Infinity 5's events, so we can assume it happens early in the issue.

Plus the comic is a double sized issue, so I don't think the early pages really count.

Not to say Hulk won't get a time to shine, because Hickman is a Carver fan, but if Thanos loses right there and then, that leaves no time for I assume Starbrand to fight Thanos, and hopefully Thanos to tell Captain Universe that she isn't Eternity

dynamix
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Reported for racism.

lol!

carver9
Who are the trans your referring to? Hulk and starbrand? And who the low heralds? Some of their powers are so hard to judge due to lack of feats. But yeah, they need to cut some of these guys out. After what Thor and Cap Universe did to the builders its gonna be hard even showing Thanos go up to this team. I can see him possibly taking Thor and Hulk at most and thats getting iffy given their recent showings in their respective comics. Hulks speed and durability going up and Thors striking feats and damage soak.

Starbrand and Captain Universe both are Tran characters.

carver9
There were some scans of Hulk attacking by himself for some reason. And getting knocked away. Depends on how long the comic itself is. I dont see how they can put all of these characters fighting and a story in a mere 20+ pages. We know the hulk at least takes up 2 already. And im assuming at least one page of cap telling thanos they are back and this is an avengers universe.

Its 4 pages with Hulk in it.

carver9

Hulk is still fighting after Thanos punched him.

Branlor Swift
Hulk is still fighting after Thanos punched him. The scene with Thanos happened after Hulk battled Thanos' dudes.

Notice he's fine before attacking them, and then when he jumps at Thanos he has superficial damage.

At least that's what it looks like. What Thanos vs Hulk has to do with this thread though, I haven't the foggiest. Especially since we don't even know what happens. Hulk could crush Thanos, and Thanos could crush Hulk. Has it happened? No, so suck a buttcrack

celeyhyga17
Thor

Damborgson

It'd be awesome if they added Blue to the main avengers team though. Then a reborn non-pansy Sentry for good measure.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
It'd be awesome if they added Blue to the main avengers team though. Then a reborn non-pansy Sentry for good measure.
Boooring...

Better if the Avengers powerhouses would have an occasional royal rumble of sorts... Grandmaster tricking them or sumthin..

But that many powerhouses in one team, bleh....

Batman-Prime
^Yeah it would be awesome to have this many powerhouses on a Team if they would get the respect and be portrayed properly. The Comics would become broing though. They would have to go down most of the time to let one of them shine or to introduce a new villain who would beat a team of 6+ high heralds to show how powerful he is, just to get beaten by Spiderman in the next panel.

It's better to have a team of not more then 1-4 Heralds and the rest street. Makes it more interesting.

As for this Thor wins.

ares834
Originally posted by Damborgson

God no. Not only are there enough powerhouses on the team as it is but if BM and Sentry join then we would have three Superman-esque characters...

It's also two more characters on a team that is already far too big IMO.

The Sorrow
I want to see Adams limits really tested, specifically his durability by a peer before I give him a win over one of the top top heralds. He has the power to take Thor out, but I'd like to see a bit more from him.

ShadowFyre
His antimatter powers could be pretty beastly if used correctly.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

Warlord
mjolnir drains his antimater

ShadowFyre
I meant beastly to pretty much everyone except Thor or Surfer and maybe Sentry using all of his powers. To me, he beat Sentry in that fistfight. Sentry attacked him while he was being distracted by the other Avengers. Im sure Sentry fans will hate me but its on panel so whatever.

Warlord
not a sentry fan or anything but that sentry was far far from his best

ShadowFyre
I agree with that. I never considered fisticuffs Sentrys thing though same as beings like Surfer not when they have a vast array of powers.

The Sorrow
I meant beastly to pretty much everyone except Thor or Surfer and maybe Sentry using all of his powers. To me, he beat Sentry in that fistfight. Sentry attacked him while he was being distracted by the other Avengers. Im sure Sentry fans will hate me but its on panel so whatever.
To be fair Sentry was actually winning until he stopped to give BM a breather, then he got punched into that space station for his troubles iirc. Was a good showing of power from Adam but it's not as if he really dominated Sentry in that fight or anything.

quanchi112
I meant beastly to pretty much everyone except Thor or Surfer and maybe Sentry using all of his powers. To me, he beat Sentry in that fistfight. Sentry attacked him while he was being distracted by the other Avengers. Im sure Sentry fans will hate me but its on panel so whatever. Sentry ko'd him and not the other way around.

Tornatic
Originally posted by The Sorrow
To be fair Sentry was actually winning until he stopped to give BM a breather, then he got punched into that space station for his troubles iirc. Was a good showing of power from Adam but it's not as if he really dominated Sentry in that fight or anything.

You say Sentry was winning but it wasn't really fair he was also dealing with Iron Man, Wonderman, Ms Marvel, Ares and he was kinda holding back cause his beef was more with Anti Man. When he got serious and used more force he knocked Sentry into space with one punch.

ShadowFyre
They sluggedbit out. BM knocked him into space. Then Ares and Iron Manbwere harassing him. Sentry attacked him while he was distracted, they asked each other if they had enough where BM finally passed out (not knocked out theres a difference) and sentry started to as well but was able to just barely stay up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.