Does AC4 feel like an Assassin game or an Open-World Pirate game to you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Ever since Ezio and Altair disappeared from the franchise, I just don't feel right playing AC3 or AC4. Altair was my favorite Assassin in the franchise. Although I can't stop playing it and love the game, the huge thing about AC1 and AC2 is that you actually felt like an Assassin. Not a pirate. I did like AC3, but that was for the gameplay.

NemeBro
What the **** is wrong with being a pirate?

Kazenji
Some people on this forum are pirates.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Ever since Ezio and Altair disappeared from the franchise, I just don't feel right playing AC3 or AC4. Altair was my favorite Assassin in the franchise. Although I can't stop playing it and love the game, the huge thing about AC1 and AC2 is that you actually felt like an Assassin. Not a pirate. I did like AC3, but that was for the gameplay.

I'm not sure if that made any sense. I felt like I was playing as an Assassin in 3. Also, pirates are badass. If anything, they're an improvement.

BloodRain
I get where the kids coming from.

-AC1 was primarily about stealth, plotting the assassin route and only engaging in combat when necessary.

-AC2^3 followed suit with more action, a greater need for combat. Though still had more than half the game being about stealth.

-AC3 made you closer to a mercenary than assassin we were brought into playing with. The only stealth moments I recall from that game came from eavesdropping, not from the kill. At times yeah, just barely, mainly it was charging in and murdering the guy. Which was strange given the 'perfect hunter' image they built up in the beginning with him tracking and silently killing animals, something you'd think they'd greatly build on.

-AC4.. can say yet for not playing. Can only assume by OPs reaction that they took AC3, boosted the piracy moments and barely touched the actual assassin/assassination moments that the first two got nailed down.

Part of it makes sense, what with the evolution of tech, environment etc making assassins need to adapt, as they've said in the game. Its just that we all saw the franchise as the stealthy, blade-to-throat, spawn-of-Altair type of assassin. Even the modern aspect is fishy as when playing as Desmond even though we heard gunfire in the first game, when playing as him (especially in his action scenes in AC3) even though he had the opportunity to use a gun on his missions the player was pushed towards the stealthy methods barring one cutscene. The same goes for the modern day Daniel Cross and the brotherhood he joined.

Basically the games are stepping away from stealth and assassinations.

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro

thumb up

Jmanghan
Originally posted by NemeBro

Lol, you misunderstand me, I LOVE this game, it just doesn't feel like an Assassin game any more, just an open-world pirate game with Hidden Blades. o-o

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.