DCnU Black Adam Vs DCnU Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/BA_zps3425558f.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SU_zpsdbebe14c.jpg

pym-ftw
Probably superman in a comic

BA should though.

Cogito
I know Galan is of the opinion that Shazam was at least equal to Superman based on their brief encounter, but I'm far from convinced.

I don't know how this goes, but if BA were to win it would only be weakness exploitation IMO.

celeyhyga17
Gotta go with Supes.. At least Supes has gone toe to toe with a seemingly trans char in H'el and didn't get embarrassed outright.

That was downright embarrassing for Bladam. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way.. Fukkin DC.. They built him up during the JLA side story only to get literally crushed by an alternate Superman. Wtf!

Odekahn
Superman thumb up

DTM
Comparing characters from the same universes, I will always choose Superman over Marvel or Adam in the end. He is everything they are, and then some, IMO.

carver9
Supes. Cant see Ultraman squeezing Superman face breaking his jaw.

Pillow Biter
It is going to depend on the writer a lot, especially with respect to how important the magic weakness is.

Though Johns has made it clear that Ultraman is much different than Superman. His power level after snorting Green K is more akin to Superman's after some kind of sun amp. And UM has no magic weakness, which Johns strongly implied WOULD matter in a fight. This is compounded by the fact that post-boot, the Marvels use magic a lot more consistently than they did pre-reboot.

The dogmatic adherence to the tradition that Marvels = Superman exactly when it comes to physical powers seems to have come to an end. However, the idea that magic would make a difference in these fights also seems to be more consistently accepted. I can see many writers deciding that when Superman really cuts loose, he is more powerful than Black Adam or Cap, but not by enough that it can overcome the magic. So while Supes may now rank above them, it is a bad matchup and he loses 1v1.
Of course some other writers will probably write a Superman that is so uber when he really cuts loose that he can overcome the magic.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Supes. Cant see Ultraman squeezing Superman face breaking his jaw.

Why?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
It is going to depend on the writer a lot, especially with respect to how important the magic weakness is.

Though Johns has made it clear that Ultraman is much different than Superman. His power level after snorting Green K is more akin to Superman's after some kind of sun amp. And UM has no magic weakness, which Johns strongly implied WOULD matter in a fight. This is compounded by the fact that post-boot, the Marvels use magic a lot more consistently than they did pre-reboot.

The dogmatic adherence to the tradition that Marvels = Superman exactly when it comes to physical powers seems to have come to an end. However, the idea that magic would make a difference in these fights also seems to be more consistently accepted. I can see many writers deciding that when Superman really cuts loose, he is more powerful than Black Adam or Cap, but not by enough that it can overcome the magic. So while Supes may now rank above them, it is a bad matchup and he loses 1v1.
Of course some other writers will probably write a Superman that is so uber when he really cuts loose that he can overcome the magic.

John's just stated in an interview that Ultraman has no weakness to magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.