..... The Hulk Vs Thor .......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
No BFR..

Hulk

Vs

Thor

Fight takes place on Marvel Earth..
Both are in Current form..

RockofAges
Hulk Smash.

Odekahn
Originally posted by RockofAges
Hulk Smash.

thumb up

Flyattractor
Thor beating the Hulk? The marvel lawyers would never allow it.

Reflassshh
Hulk stomps, thor becomes a jobber when hulk is near.

Damborgson
Not a comic book this time, so Hulk gets fried.

pym-ftw
Thor breaks him.

RockofAges
Originally posted by Damborgson

In or out of comic books, Hulk takes him down

Odekahn
Originally posted by Damborgson

Yes it is. Maybe you are thinking about the Hulk vs Kurse MCU thread?

Damborgson
Originally posted by RockofAges
In or out of comic books, Hulk takes him down

Out of them yeah. In here, he isn't winning.

Originally posted by Odekahn
Yes it is. Maybe you are thinking about the Hulk vs Kurse MCU thread?

No it's not. The versus thread doesn't benefit the Hulk as much as a comic book would.

carver9
This has been done a thousand times. I enjoy both Thor and Hulk so I'm not joining this Frey but, Hulk is a monster. A beast.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
This has been done a thousand times. I enjoy both Thor and Hulk so I'm not joining this Frey but, Hulk is a monster. A beast.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3133843968/h4D3541FD/

Branlor Swift
I'm going with Hulk on the chance he causes damage to Thanos.

But then again, Thor will probably fight him too... this anticipation of Thanos getting his ass kicked sucks.

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I'm going with Hulk on the chance he causes damage to Thanos.

But then again, Thor will probably fight him too... this anticipation of Thanos getting his ass kicked sucks.

Uh oh...he's reverting. Happy Dance

Branlor Swift
Uh oh...he's reverting. Happy Dance Even if he gets one shotted by Thanos, it's a great feat for Hulk. Gotta take what I can get with Bendis wiping his balls all over Thanos

carver9
Even if he gets one shotted by Thanos, it's a great feat for Hulk. Gotta take what I can get with Bendis wiping his balls all over Thanos

It'll be a 4 shot since Thanos has already punched him and his henchmen is attacking Hulk. People keep saying the other Avengers will not be there during all of this. I think Thanos and his son will fight while Hulk fights the others.

Branlor Swift
It'll be a 4 shot since Thanos has already punched him and his henchmen is attacking Hulk. People keep saying the other Avengers will not be there during all of this. I think Thanos and his son will fight while Hulk fights the others. Not if Hulk is out from that attack. The attack from Thanos seems to be after the Dark Guys Battalion due to battle damage.

It makes literally no sense for only Hulk to be there. Those previews are from the start of the comic in a double sized issue. Thor naturally wants to fight Thanos, and Starbrand has been talked about before.
It will likely be ervryone, and maybe Gladiator. Some taking on Thanos, some taking on his dudes.

Then Thane probably puts him down with some random power. At least, that's what I think/hope is going to happen. Or he straight up gets ass blasted by stupid shit.

Though it'll be interesting to see if Fauxternity has any play in the Thanos fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just hope Thor looks awesome. F*ck everyone else.

Branlor Swift
I just don't want Bendising to happen to Thanos.

At the very least I want him to give a capable team trouble, but you never know.

carver9
Sounds reasonable. I dont think that attack will take Hulk out though. Hickman thinks very highly of Hulk, very highly of him but who knows. The way you wrote that, that would be a good way to do it. Also, what makes sense as well is...during the beginning we see Hulk jumping from the sunset/mountains and in the second preview, he is landing by the two henchmen which would make sense. But, the scan was just one scan...we see Hulk jumping from the sunset then we see Thanos punching him. Then after that the art and battle changes...he is then fighting the henchmen. WTF...so confusing.

carver9
I just don't want Bendising to happen to Thanos.

At the very least I want him to give a capable team trouble, but you never know.

Its not Hickman writing this.?

Supermex
Silver Surfer going to be any part of this?

I have read the first 3 issues of infinity but
Just wondering if SS is going to show up..

Branlor Swift
Sounds reasonable. I dont think that attack will take Hulk out though. Hickman thinks very highly of Hulk, very highly of him but who knows. The way you wrote that, that would be a good way to do it. Also, what makes sense as well is...during the beginning we see Hulk jumping from the sunset/mountains and in the second preview, he is landing by the two henchmen which would make sense. But, the scan was just one scan...we see Hulk jumping from the sunset then we see Thanos punching him. Then after that the art and battle changes...he is then fighting the henchmen. WTF...so confusing. We'll see. He is in love with Black Bolt on the other hand and we saw how that turned out...
Not saying Thanos will get any love because I don't suspect he'll get much.

Judging from the battle damage before his attacks from the Henchman, and during his jumping at Thanos, it looks like the Thanos happens after. Though of course, Hulk will probably leap away from that punch and the Avengers will show up in force.

The art is from the same artist though.

Though I find it funny a possible low feat will ruin Thanos. But that's neither here nor there.

Warlord
Thor kills him with residude Mjolnir energy

janus77
Originally posted by Supermex
Silver Surfer going to be any part of this?

I have read the first 3 issues of infinity but
Just wondering if SS is going to show up..
Surfer? Who's Surfer? I think Marvel have forgotten all about him.

Other than using him for shitty alt-universe stories, or completely ignoring continuity and shoving him off to the outer-fringes of stories, Surfer no longer exists in Marvel.

Imagine if he was part of DCU, he'd probably be wiping the entire GLC out, on his own.

janus77
Oh and on-topic, Hulk smashes Thor (yet again).

Might even be another one-shot KO treatment, if Hulk decides to grab Mjolnir and turn off Thor's lights.

ShadowFyre
If this is Thor showing the levels he did in God of Thunder. Hulk is not one shotting him. But I don't see Thor ever truly beating Hulk physically. But he has more than enoigh powers to beat Hulk in other ways. Were never going to see either of them really going all out on each other becausebthe planet would be pretty much destroyed in the first exchange of blows. But seriously once thats done Hulk has no chance as he would just be floating in space while Thor continuously beats on him. A cheap win forbThor but a win for Thor none the less. And dont say Thor doesent have the more exotic powers to put him down unless your putting Hulk on par with Glory, Galactus etc. Hulk physically beats Thor and pretty much anyone imo but has no answer for those other powers.

If I were to lead that team of Avengers I would just say f $&# it and blow earth away with Thanos on it and have ex-nihilio make a better one lol.

Seriously though, have Hulk lead the charge by himself since he is the only one with a legit regen causing distractionbwhile eden pops in and dumps Thanos in space so that, Thor, Hyperion, Glads, Cap Universe, Starbrand, and ex nihilio cut loose in space. I dont think even Thanos could take that team all at once. While Hulk mops up the generals and Rogers throws in a few cheap shots and acts like it wasnt the Hulk who just smashed em.

I would like for SS to be involved. Where the hell was Galactus when the Builders were destroying his potential food sources. And so who is older? The builders or Galactus?

ShadowFyre
And why doesent Banner just make some kind of mini Jetpack or something for Hulk? Thats one of the only reasons I see him losing in most forum battles against top-tier opponents due to lack of mobility.

The Sorrow
You can't change Thor's character and you can't change their history. Hulk wins again.

ShadowFyre
How did I change his character? Yeah he loses in a physical brawl. Thats it. This is forum rules so he doesent have to fight like an idiot. He can win with multiple ways Hulk has no answer for.

Warlord
I really want to see a serious fight between the two in Marvel Now.
And by serious I mean, no cheap shots, no trying to reason, no plot devices

ShadowFyre
Wont happen on Earth.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
How did I change his character? Yeah he loses in a physical brawl. Thats it. This is forum rules so he doesent have to fight like an idiot. He can win with multiple ways Hulk has no answer for.
Not you, but Thor fights how he does in the comics because that is his character. He is a warrior before anything else so naturally he is going to tackle problems head-on. On the other hand it in the essence of Hulk to become more powerful than his opponent.

Thor can win, I don't think anyone would argue it's not possible for him to beat the Hulk.

ShadowFyre
Hulks powerset is kind of a b#$@ to overcome. I would have been fine with the madder=stronger thing or the durability+regen but both? They were definitely drunk when they made him. Same with Thor. Mjolnir pretty much can do damn near anything. But I still think they are both more relateable than that DC guy. You know who Im talkin bout. Even DC fans have to admit that.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Hulks powerset is kind of a b#$@ to overcome. I would have been fine with the madder=stronger thing or the durability+regen but both? They were definitely drunk when they made him. Same with Thor. Mjolnir pretty much can do damn near anything. But I still think they are both more relateable than that DC guy. You know who Im talkin bout. Even DC fans have to admit that.

Aquaman?

ShadowFyre
Lol yeah it is kind of hard to relate to Aquaman.

ShadowFyre
Unless your handicapped. Or feel sympath towards sweet delicious Salmon.

D-Block
Thor

maxivitopowe

Warning: Weird weird stuff happens here, you have been warned

When Gamma and Thunder Become One

Hulk and his equally powerful ally Thor battle fiercely to seal Void inside a dimensional rift opened by Reed Richards. Thor and Hulk were the only ones left capable of battling the beast on equal footing, and Richards was needed to seal the portal lest all life on Earth perish.

After seemingly hours, they managed to drive the beast to the edge of the portal. Thor and Hulk both realized that one more attack would surely send him careening into the portal, and they told Richards to seal the portal. Richards abliged, and soon afterwards a combination of a thunder clap and a hammer throw forced Void uncontrollably into it... but not before he managed to grab the two exhausted warriors and bring them with him to an empty dimension where they would surely meet death. The portal soon closed afterwards behind them.

Reed had tried to open his portal, but it would need repairs as it was only meant to be used once. His friends would need to fend for themselves as he worked on a way to open the portal again.

---

Inside the portal Thor and Hulk both quickly realized that nothing was around and there was no reason to hold back anymore. While quickly tiring evermore, they shook the dimension with pure power and hatred of this black fiend. However, Void would not go quietly as he fought tooth and nail against the duo.

He was of course no match for them as they began to quickly start dismantling him piece by piece. For every limb he regrew, the duo would tear off 2. Even his superhuman ability to reform was being pushed to its brink, but he wasn't the only one. The Green Giant, and the Mulleted Blonde were being tasked by this as well, and they needed to end it fast, and it's a good thing Thor felt like showing off at that moment.

Thor had summoned up the biggest storm he could muster and unleashed storms upon the black being that had Hulk shaking in his aesthetically pleasing purple pants. When it was all over, the Void was no more.

Thor went to thank his companion for his help when they caught each other's eye longer than two heterosexual males should ever eyeball each other. The gaze was ended however when Thor noticed that the Hulk had staged his own fury in the form of a raging erection.

Thor being the nobleman he is told Hulk to "Say nothing" as he reached for Hulk's green giant.

"Hulk confused" the Hulk exclaimed. But this only ended with Thor roughly putting Hulk in a more advantageous position for his... hammer.

The ever seeing eyes of one would take notice...

This was only the beginning.

---

For a week straight the duo had made love with enough force rivaling... nay surpassing their battle of the Void. The heavens shook as gamma, lightning and other fluids covered the field.

It was pure ecstasy for two bitter rivals such as these. But even these good times would not last as even Gods and Monsters have to rest.

Thor would wake first, and he wasted no time trying to subdue the Hulk one more time. As he tickled Hulk's feet to wake him up, a portal opened with prying eyes taking notice.

Reed had fixed his machine at a time when Thor and Hulk's clothes were nowhere in site. The entire Avengers, and Fantastic Four roster were standing in disgust. Thor, not noticing at first was initially saddened of being rescued, but had to act happy when he realized what it looked like.

Thor quickly told them of their clothes not being able to withstand the Void's fury, and how they were more worried about being rescued.

Reed and the others taking notice of what looked like fully intact armor and pants chose instead to "buy" Thor's story.

Thor not wanting to talk anymore about told them a celebration was in order. And that was most certainly the end of Thor and Hulk's venture into caverns best left unexplored... certainly!

---

Later that night at the Avengers tower Thor called Hulk into the basement. He had planned to discuss with Hulk about how this could never get out.

"But Hulk think Hulk love you"

"I think I love thee too Hulk, and in a different Midgard, would even want to marry you. However, thine father would never allow this. No, stay thine tongue Hulk, please."

Hulk looked him in the eyes, and a tear came down his cheek. Thor not wanting to hurt Hulk all at once, had one more idea on his mind...

"But one more time face deep in thine anus shant hurt any."

Hulk was visibly happy.

And the eyes took notice again...

---

"SACRILEGE!"

A scream was heard while Hulk was bareback on Thor, before a lightning bolt shot out of the sky that soon followed Odin.

"I thought Heimdall was yanking my penis when he exclaimed my soon to be bastard son was engaging in gay penis sex with this green moron!"

"Odin, just as you loved wenches and things with vaginas and boobs, I love this man and his powerful worldbreaker. Deep down I always knew. Why do you think mine hammer handle as always smelled of the dark caverns?"

"Enough! I will not have my son frolicking with men! You will come to Asgard this instant, and never return to this Hel hole!"

"And if not?"

"Then I will strike you down where you stand, and end Midgard!"

"...Aye, I will come, but know you have destroyed your son this day without using your powerful spear."

And in a flash of light, they were gone.

Hulk was once again alone.

---

Many years had passed since Hulk's heart was broken. He went on to have his Banner aspect arise again. He went on never telling his friends how Thor really disappeared or how he really felt about it. No one would ever really know, except him, and the bottling of his emotions had almost driven him insane more than once.

One night in one of his nightly poetry, crying, and cutting sessions he had seen a flash of lightning strike a nearby abandoned construction site, along with the sounds he thought he heard of "Cum to me".

Could this be the love of his life returning to him? Could Thor really be here again? He would think of these questions as he jumped to the site.

Once there he found a man in a trenchcoat and no one else. He had thought he sorrow would continue to haunt him, but the man started to speak.

"Cum here you green bastard and give the God who made you scream louder than the thunder a hug!"

Hulk's heart skipped a beat, and he ran to Thor in pure joy with tears flowing out of his eyes and scooped him up kissing him all over.

"We don't have much time before my father finds out, and I want to test something on you."

But they were not quick enough.

---

A blast of lightning shortly followed a scream as Odin found his son doing unspeakable things with Mjolnir and Hulk's rump.

"I'll have to burn that hammer" he thought to himself

"If you want to stay here with this green fairy and this backwards world, then you can burn with them!"

Odin readied a blast aimed at Thor while Thor stood firm ready to take it with no defense. Hulk noticed this and pulled Mjolnir out of himself and leapt in front of the way saving Thor.

Thor was in shock that his love would do this. He knelt down to the unconscious Hulk and kissed him on the forehead. He then asked for the power to do what needs to be done while wiggling Hulk's weiner. Then he exploded... in anger!

He charged at Odin with all his might after picking up his hammer, and Hulk awoke to see his furious attack in action.

"You one eyed bastard!" Thor screamed in a high pitched kid scream.

The resulting clash was so bright it looked like a second sun in the middle of the night across the entire world. Hulk watched as two charred husks fell from the sky. He rushed over to the one he recognized as Thor. With Thor's dying breath he stated:

"Hulk... know... that I'll always... be with you... in your heart..."

Hulk sobbed like a fat kid at this point in time, for it seems he was always destined to be alone.

---

Many hours passed before Hulk stopped weeping. After he gathered some composure he looked over at Mjolnir and remembered that he was able to pick it out of his nether regions. He tried once again to pick it up, and he found that not only was he worthy of Thor's lustful eye, that he was worthy to pick up his hammer!

A flash of lightning came down on Hulk as he found himself newly dressed in hot pink spandex, and a leather jacket and leather biker hat.

But he vowed that he wouldn't be the God of Thunder... no, he would be the God of Understanding and Free Will that only one God before him knew of.
YOu
He would carry the memory of Thor around the globe without violence, only sassy arguments. He would put evil dooers in their place with a wrist slap.

He would change the world one bi-curious soul at a time.

DarkSaint85
Truly inspiring.

janus77
That... Could have been a page out of the bible!

Thor's always been on the brink of breaking out into "Whyyyy Emmmm Ceee aaaAyyyy...", imo.

Pillow Biter
Marvel has finally decided to push Hulk to the head of the pack. And it only makes sense. His entire mythos is about how dangerous it is if he loses control. That never really made sense if other heroes could beat him straight up.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
That may be the best point I've ever seen anyone make on the VS forums.

Maybe I've misjudged you.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by The Sorrow
You can't change Thor's character and you can't change their history. Hulk wins again. Last time they fought a weakened Thor KOED an amped up wwh. So ya Thor for a majority

janus77
Hulk murders Thor.
This doesn't last long, nor is it pretty for Thor.

Simply put, Thor is not going to survive a single punch from Hulk if Hulk is serious about this.

Regular Savage Hulk would be around Thor + Mjolnir's level.

Damborgson
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk murders Thor.

Simply put, Thor is not going to survive a single punch from Hulk if Hulk is serious about this.

http://wjlondon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Uh_wtf_gif.gif

Currently Thor knocks him out by accident again.

Supermex
Hulk murders Thor.

So does anyone else believe this to be true?
Has Hulk surpassed Thor now?

Meaning they were equals in the past, but now Hulk is the true better of the 2?

janus77
Originally posted by Supermex
So does anyone else believe this to be true?
Has Hulk surpassed Thor now?

Meaning they were equals in the past, but now Hulk is the true better of the 2?
It's what Marvel seems to be trying to tell people, some accept some are still in denial.

It's only logical too. Savage Hulk has always been depicted as Thor's superior. Mjolnir was the leveller. It's been said over and over again.

It's undeniable that Hulk from sometime around House of M, began to get stronger as his Banner and Hulk aspects began to come to an understanding. And, as of Planet Hulk and the emergence of Green Scar, it has been a cannon fact that Hulk is the strongest he's ever been. And his feats, well, they seem to heavily indicated that too.

zeel
Stan lee once said that "Thor" was going to be marvels superman.........

never happened.

Thor to marvel is what captain marvel is to D.C.

SHIT

Hulk wins, he shouldn't but he will prolly everytime.

janus77
Originally posted by zeel
Stan lee once said that "Thor" was going to be marvels superman.........

never happened.

Thor to marvel is what captain marvel is to D.C.

SHIT

Hulk wins, he shouldn't but he will prolly everytime.
Marvel shouldn't have a "superman", that creation is an abomination. Dull and puke-inducing.

One of the reasons I read very little DC is because of his presence. he's too much of an archetype and not enough genuine character.

Thor is better off as he is being treated by Marvel. Could be far worse off, could be ignored and marginalised like Surfer.

Hulk is Marvel's "big gun", but he is part-hero, part-monster, which keeps him interesting and makes his interactions with the rest of the MU less puke-inducing.

Maybe DC are going to turn Superman into the "Thor of DC"? They seem to be toning him down, maybe they'll give him appetites, character, anger and pain and disillusionment and wrath ... Round him out a little?

Damborgson
No, this is how Hulk and Thor have been depicted throughout the ages:

Thor is held as someone who can give the Hulk a fight with fists alone, but will inevitable lose. Mjolnir does indeed level the playing field in the physical aspect, but not only that, it allows Thor to tap into powers beyond what the Hulk can.

It was most recently displayed when Thor supercharged himself so much, even touching him was to much for the Hulk to deal with.

Physically, the Hulk has always been at the very least >= Thor. Thor could give a good fight, but not win. But at the end of the day, only one of them has the power to make Galactus fall back in pain, and it's never been the Hulk. The Hulk will always be < Thor because he's limited. It's the reason we see Thor leading the charge against Glory, the entirety of a pantheon, and have Hulk gang raping the abomination instead.

It's been and likely will continue to be as Hulk being stronger and Thor being more powerful, and in an environment not hampered by plot, power will trump strength.

celeyhyga17
Gotta admit.
I am entertained.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Last time they fought a weakened Thor KOED an amped up wwh. So ya Thor for a majority
He wasn't ko'd iirc he was bfr'd, Thor himself passed out afterwards so I'm not sure what this sentence is supposed to mean. It isn't really indicative of how a fight between them would play out.

carver9
Last time they fought a weakened Thor KOED an amped up wwh. So ya Thor for a majority

When?

DarkOdin
He wasn't ko'd iirc he was bfr'd, Thor himself passed out afterwards so I'm not sure what this sentence is supposed to mean. It isn't really indicative of how a fight between them would play out. It has debated defore it was clear he was koed and was coming to as hi was in orbit and falling back to earth, Yes thats right it would play out the same Thor would pass out after a fight with Hulk, when just prior to the fight he fought a small army and a skyfather then gets teleported directly into a fight with amped Hulk and amped Thing.

Carver as for you you already know when it was when Hulk was 1 of the worthy

However you claim it was not WWH but your own creation family man Hulk

ShadowFyre
Yeah Hulk wins in comics. We have never seen either one going all out on eachother truly with planet busting attacks. Thor has just put down to many people Hulk wouldnt last very long against. They both are pretty much at the top of the list and have the means to put the other down.but imo versatility and mobility should eventually win the day. Brutebstrength only wins every time in comics.

Naija boy
Hmm, Thor could probably take any Hulk short of Paks Hulk. WBH/ Upper level greenscar would take Thor to the cleaners.

ShadowFyre
Wbh hulk would take everyone thats not Odin or above to the cleaners.And dry em out. But I get bored with fights like WBH and RKT. To powerful to take seriously.

The Sorrow
It has debated defore it was clear he was koed and was coming to as hi was in orbit and falling back to earth, Yes thats right it would play out the same Thor would pass out after a fight with Hulk, when just prior to the fight he fought a small army and a skyfather then gets teleported directly into a fight with amped Hulk and amped Thing.

Amongst who? Thor fans? I seem to remember he was still holding onto his hammer after the blast which indicates he wasn't out. Looking at it from your pov lets say he was briefly ko'd, in the context of that fight it wouldn't have made a difference because Nul was awake and no worse for wear when he landed. He could have returned to the fight, and would have found a near-dead Thor on the ground. This was also a completely bloodlusted Thor, and written by Fraction who essentially wrote him on steroids most of the time.

Hulk is the stronger and tougher of the two, but Odinson has Mjolnir which is an equalizer in most situations. If Thor doesn't approach this fight with a bloodlusted mentality from the outset and fight smart, he's going to find it very hard to keep Hulk down.

janus77
Wasn't the Thor that fought Prof. Hulk in the Arctic, going all out? Prof. Hulk had little problem handling him.

janus77
Also the issue of versatility is overplayed. It only really matters when you're dealing with characters in the same or similar tier durability, stamina and strength-wise.

Hulk is atleast as mobile as Thor, when it comes to combat. People discount Surfer's extreme FTL speed as "travel speed" and pretend that he would be blitzed by Superman, when it comes to hand to hand, yet (mostly the same people) seem to take it for granted that Thor's travel speed is somehow indicative of his ability to dodge and parry.

Hulk never had a problem matching up with FTL speed combatants and he's tagged enough of them throughout his history to make it obvious that his reaction speeds and reflexes are more than adequate to take on Thor.

On top of that, he has the far superior durability, stamina (comes with the HF), HF and strength. Allied to these "stats" is the fact that currently he is also utilising his Banner intellect, giving him a decided advantage in cunning, adaptive tactics and in-fight analysis of his opponent.

The Sorrow
Wasn't the Thor that fought Prof. Hulk in the Arctic, going all out? Prof. Hulk had little problem handling him.
Yeah, and against the Mindless Hulk back in Hulk #300.

They had that big back and forth in the 2001 annual, Hulk was beating the Avengers including Thor and Atlas in AoA before being calmed down, he defeated Thor and the Wrecking Crew in LTBB, looked overall more impressive in Avengers Assemble and one shotted him twice more recently. Then there's Paks era in which he clearly was more powerful than any of his former peers.

Factoring in other mediums; Hulk had the upperhand in their fight during the movie, he defeated all of Asgard (bar Odin) in Hulk vs Thor, and consistently comes across as more impressive than Thor when the two are on screen together in the animated shows from what I've seen. I do think that across the board, Hulk/Banner are being somewhat pushed as THE guy in the MU but without making him unbeatable or shoving him down peoples throats (yet).

On the other hand Thor has his own lane, he's more heroic, and is usually the go-to guy for cosmic threats. He has a better rogues gallery than Hulk and a more impressive list of accomplishments in terms of who he has defeated.
Thor's lightning is probably his most effective attack and seems to hurt Hulk considerably more than his physical assaults. If CIS was off for the Odinson he would take any Hulk besides upper end Green Scar/WBH imo.

Just my 2 cents.

emporerpants
Thor SHOULD win. However, what actually happens in comics is usually different. It seems like in direct confrontations, Hulk wins, even if he really shouldn't.

eaebiakuya
Also the issue of versatility is overplayed. It only really matters when you're dealing with characters in the same or similar tier durability, stamina and strength-wise.

No its not.

Thor can just teleport Hulk away, and he cant do nothing against it. PIS is being underestimated here.

Thor can fly and summon storms (Hulk alredy was Koed by a single thunderbolt from Thor).

Thor can send Mjolnir auto attack Hulk with FTL speed, etc.

But he dont do any of those things in comics for one reasons: if he do that, there is no fight against Thor and Hulk. Without PIS, this is not a fair fight.

Thor passed out because he was weakened. But this fight also show how Thor can BFR Hulk even without his mjolnir powers.

carver9
It has debated defore it was clear he was koed and was coming to as hi was in orbit and falling back to earth, Yes thats right it would play out the same Thor would pass out after a fight with Hulk, when just prior to the fight he fought a small army and a skyfather then gets teleported directly into a fight with amped Hulk and amped Thing.

Lol...he wasnt koed. Hell, when Thor hit him into space away from Earth, he did a complete u-turn which sent him back to earth (did this via the hammer). Nothing indicates or proves he was koed.

carver9
Yeah, and against the Mindless Hulk back in Hulk #300.

They had that big back and forth in the 2001 annual, Hulk was beating the Avengers including Thor and Atlas in AoA before being calmed down, he defeated Thor and the Wrecking Crew in LTBB, looked overall more impressive in Avengers Assemble and one shotted him twice more recently. Then there's Paks era in which he clearly was more powerful than any of his former peers.

Factoring in other mediums; Hulk had the upperhand in their fight during the movie, he defeated all of Asgard (bar Odin) in Hulk vs Thor, and consistently comes across as more impressive than Thor when the two are on screen together in the animated shows from what I've seen. I do think that across the board, Hulk/Banner are being somewhat pushed as THE guy in the MU but without making him unbeatable or shoving him down peoples throats (yet).

On the other hand Thor has his own lane, he's more heroic, and is usually the go-to guy for cosmic threats. He has a better rogues gallery than Hulk and a more impressive list of accomplishments in terms of who he has defeated.
Thor's lightning is probably his most effective attack and seems to hurt Hulk considerably more than his physical assaults. If CIS was off for the Odinson he would take any Hulk besides upper end Green Scar/WBH imo.

Just my 2 cents.

thumb up

I agree with this. With CIS off for Thor, nothing short of Odin is stopping him.

DarkSaint85
thumb up

I agree with this. With CIS off for Thor, nothing short of Odin is stopping him.

The implications are disturbing.

DarkOdin
Amongst who? Thor fans? I seem to remember he was still holding onto his hammer after the blast which indicates he wasn't out. Looking at it from your pov lets say he was briefly ko'd, in the context of that fight it wouldn't have made a difference because Nul was awake and no worse for wear when he landed. He could have returned to the fight, and would have found a near-dead Thor on the ground. This was also a completely bloodlusted Thor, and written by Fraction who essentially wrote him on steroids most of the time.

Hulk is the stronger and tougher of the two, but Odinson has Mjolnir which is an equalizer in most situations. If Thor doesn't approach this fight with a bloodlusted mentality from the outset and fight smart, he's going to find it very hard to keep Hulk down. Regardless of what you stated it took a amped hulk and amped thing
TO take down a weakened Thor so what makes anyone think standard hulk would do better against a fresh one.

Unless you are trying to claim that amped Hulk which was stated on-panel to be more pwoerful then his wwh version is less powerful then current hulk??

DarkOdin
Lol...he wasnt koed. Hell, when Thor hit him into space away from Earth, he did a complete u-turn which sent him back to earth (did this via the hammer). Nothing indicates or proves he was koed. Hulk couldn't even form a sentence when he was coming to it was clear that he was only regaining his 2cents when he was in orbit and i don't recall him using the hammer but it appeared gravity pulled him back down

guy222
Hulk sends Long hair crying to His Papi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.