Batman vs Silver Surfer (read stips)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
This one has a twist to it. Instead of Kal El ever landing in Smallville his small rocket sideswipes a comet and is barely damaged, but this causes the rocket to change course slightly, and it lands on the Wayne Estate. All of the same things occur to the Wayne's except this time Bruce is killed alongside his parents, and Kal El is left mourning his adopted families death. Instead of Bruce becoming the Batman, Kal El becomes him instead.

Over the years his mentality becomes identical to what Bruce Wayne's disposition would have. He trains just as hard, and develops all of the same fighting styles that Bruce would have if he survived. One day the Surfer comes to Earth, and is met by Batman with the powers of Superman. The Surfer is there to lead his master (Galactus) to the Earth to feed. Unable to change the Surfer's mind they begin to do battle.

Who wins?

Firefly218
Silver surfer is way too powerful for Batman/Superman
Also surfer doesn't have that moral high ground

Surfer wins 10 out of 10

Firefly218
SA supes has a chance maybe...

dial J for Josh
Interesting...Superman with Bruce's resources, martial arts skills, detective skills, intelligence and overall technical ability? Kal wins, and even more so I have a hard time seeing any high herald defeating your version of Kal.

LeonBuco666
Sooooo......Batman with Supermans powers....Surfer

ares834
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Interesting...Superman with Bruce's resources, martial arts skills, detective skills, intelligence and overall technical ability? Kal wins, and even more so I have a hard time seeing any high herald defeating your version of Kal.

thumb up

Also curious what kind of gear he would have. Superman is crazy smart but, unlike Batman, he hardly ever uses his intelligence. I wouldn't be surprised if SuperBat carried around gear that emits yellow sun radiation to amp himself and other useful items.

LeonBuco666
Ares, even if he did carry gear like that, Surfer could easily turn it into red sun radiation(If he knew of that weakness)

Glorificus
Surfer stomps easily.

Batman-Prime
Depowered Batman stomps.

Mindset
Didn't read stips.

Batman wins.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't read stips.

Batman wins.

thumb up

Listen to this guy, he knows what he talks about.

Inhuman
So basically grim/dark Superman dressed in black.
Surfer wins.

LeonBuco666
Surfer would end superman
Surfer would end batman
Would end them even when they are the same being
Surfer wind.

Don Corleone
Surfer.

Badabing
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Depowered Batman stomps. Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't read stips.

Batman wins. thumb up

Tar-Antado
Norrin never meets Alicia and assumes all humans are a$$hats like Batman. Surfer ends Batman and Galactus feasts.

Rao Kal El
Super Bat does not plays around.

He is careful, stealthy and effective.

Batman trains to surpass all his limitations as Human

Super bat will train to surpass all his limitations as Kryptonian

carver9
Batman shoots himself with a device that gives Surfer Superman powers. Batman still stomps 10/10.

Pillow Biter
I don't follow. In a comics fight, Superman is normally favored over Norinn. I don't think Batman with Superman's powers is more effective than Superman. However, a Superman how has trained even harder and with more focus than normal would naturally beat Surfer even more solidly.
Now if we are stipulating that comic conventions on realism are somehow turned off, then Surfer destroys any kind of Superman.

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
I don't follow. In a comics fight, Superman is normally favored over Norinn. I don't think Batman with Superman's powers is more effective than Superman. However, a Superman how has trained even harder and with more focus than normal would naturally beat Surfer even more solidly.
Now if we are stipulating that comic conventions on realism are somehow turned off, then Surfer destroys any kind of Superman.

Superman is not favored over Norrin. As a matter of fact Norrin has the capacity to potentially counter superman's main power source, this can be extremely dangerous for any kryptonian. So many may consider this matchup in norrin's favor due to this possibility. And this is superman with batman's abilities. How would this not be more effective than your standard superman?

Pillow Biter
I think Superman beats Norinn in a straight fight. The possibility that Norinn could exploit his weaknesses evens it up some, but I think that the likelihood of it happening are overstated. It isn't enough to make Norinn the favorite overall.

I don't think Batman who suddenly gets Superman's powers is more effective that Superman. Superman has lots of experience with the powers Batman doesn't. But I agree that a Superman who has that experience, and has trained with Bruce's focus and dedication for his whole life would be even more effective, yeah.

DarkSaint85
SuperBats wins.

Imagine all the scary crap that Batman invented with Earth tech. Now imagine what he could do with Kryptonian tech. He'd be carrying Phantom Zone Superangs for the lulz.

LeonBuco666
I think im wrong but Surfers cosmic awareness; couldnt he gain knowledge of SuperBats weakness just by looking at him(seeing that he's emitting yellow sun radiation) couldnt he just siphon all of that radiation and drain it from his body like he did with Hulk? when he siphoned off his gamma and drained him of it completely

Mshinu
Unless Kal-Wayne is wearing anti-red-sun-radiation bat-sunblock3000 he is in for a quick defeat.

DarkSaint85
And this is where the prep comes in.

Batman as a human, trained himself so that at any one time, he's immune to all manner of poisons, can break out of any trap etc etc.

In other words, he realises his shortcomings, and essentially beat them out of himself. This is the guy who created a backup persona just on the off chance he was attacked psychologically.

Weakness exploitation wouldn't be the Surfer's avenue for victory here, not when Clark becomes as paranoid and prepared as Bruce would have been as a human.

janus77
Surfer bfrs Batman's soul to the astral plane then uses Superman's body as a meat-puppet.

Or, Surfer creates an illusion of Robin making out with a girl, driving Batman insane with jealousy and rage and causing him to drop his guard against Surfer's many many energy and exploitation options.

DarkSaint85
T-Vo, allied with the strength of purpose that SuperBat's training has honed, together with the secret ninjitsu meditation techniques taught by blind Tibetan monkeys, gives him the win should astral shenanigans occur.

With his powers, there never was a need for a Robin.

LeonBuco666
Has there ever been a need for Robin anyway?

DarkSaint85
It gets lonely.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by carver9
Batman shoots himself with a device that gives Surfer Superman powers. Batman still stomps 10/10.

thumb up I am so proud of you... hug

LeonBuco666
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It gets lonely.
Dont we all.

Naija boy
Surfer still wins.

Mindship
Leaning toward Batgod, who would be far more creative and tactical in combat than Soarin' Norrin typically is. Surfer could win, and by powerset, should. But in character: by the time he starts thinking more tactically, the fight might well be over.

These are my two favorite characters, SS and S. Given the inconsistency of the latter's famed weaknesses, and how prepped for combat-in-general this version of Supes would be, I wouldn't count on weakness exploitation here.

Regardless, no one wins by stomp.

ToughMind
Surfer beats Superman and Superman/Batman.

deathslash
Let me get this straight, Superman has all of Batman's years of training and pushes his mind to be just like bruce's would be if he hadn't of died? Superpowered Batkick ftw

Batman-Prime
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/9491/312545-ss_armbar_super.jpg

Imagine what Batman would do to him...

vince_slice
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/9491/312545-ss_armbar_super.jpg

Imagine what Batman would do to him...
Lol at "humanoid form." Funny 'cause Surfer can change his form at will.

Panther was lucky Surfer allowed him to do that to get more information out of him (according to the writer McDuffie).

Or Surfer could've just morphed into an alien, suck and crush his soul, and dump it into the heart of a volcanoe. Like this:
http://s22.postimg.org/guukee54d/Defenders_6_The_Group_018.jpghttp://s22.postimg.org/6ap89jq0d/Defenders_6_The_Group_019.jpg

Bouboumaster
Surfer obviously win

Stoic
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer obviously win

Why is is obvious that Surfer would win this? We all saw what a Kryptonian would operate like if they honed their abilities when H'el was written.

-Pr-
This actually (sort of) happened in an Elseworlds once.

That said, meh, either can take it. Though I'd back SuperBatman personally.

janus77
Depends entirely on Surfer's frame of mind. If it's the recent Earthbound atomise-you in an instant Surfer, then he will win this. He has too many +powerful+ tools with which to attack, can attack from multiple directions and is willing to kill.

If it's the standard monologue-the-hell-out-of-you Surfer, then Batman chokes on his own vomit, hearing Surfer's monologue. Surfer wins by default.

If it's Infinity Surfer, he gets sodomised, because that's what he's there for now.

vince_slice
Well it's heavily implied in Infinity that Surfer is travelling planet to planet helping fight off the armies of Alephs.

janus77
Originally posted by vince_slice
Well it's heavily implied in Infinity that Surfer is travelling planet to planet helping fight off the armies of Alephs.
Basically, out of sight, out of mind.

He even bleeds from a regular cut no.

vince_slice
Not bad after killing 18 Alephs.

janus77
Originally posted by vince_slice
Not bad after killing 18 Alephs.
Alephs weren't exactly anything worthy of note. Hulk basically crushed one as if it was IronMan.

And the whole squadron of Alephs was there to "raise a planet". Traditionally Surfer's done such things with a wave of his hand.

Odekahn
So, Surfer vs the World's Finest incarnate.

WF stomps.

JayDaDon
Split

heru
I think bats have a chance, but it would be a slim window of a chance. If both are written based on ther full pontenial, then surfer takes this fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by heru
I think bats have a chance, but it would be a slim window of a chance. If both are written based on ther full pontenial, then surfer takes this fight.

Why would you say that? In OWAW we had a glimpse at what Superman would be like if he used his abilities in tandem. With a mindset like Bruce's he would be all over Norrin. It would look like a DBZ episode of hyper fighting at its best if I were to use my imagination.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Stoic
Why would you say that? In OWAW we had a glimpse at what Superman would be like if he used his abilities in tandem. With a mindset like Bruce's he would be all over Norrin. It would look like a DBZ episode of hyper fighting at its best if I were to use my imagination.

thumb up

Not just that, but imagine the cave and gadgets WF would have. The other world kryptonian knowledge with Bruce's prep and paranoia mindset plays too much of a factor. Granted, it's all imagination and speculation, but it's entirely in character for WF with this description prepping for any number of end the world scenarios.

Batman-Prime
OWAW Superman would treat SS even worse then an Imperiex Probe.

pym-ftw
So amped superman vs Surfer?

Lol.

Odekahn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
So amped superman vs Surfer?

Lol.

Ridiculously amped, lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.