Agent Venom vs. Luke Cage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

deathslash
Cage 6-7/10

Parmaniac
no not at all

deathslash
Originally posted by Parmaniac
no not at all How so? As far as I can tell, Venom's bullets won't hurt him and Cage has a strength as well as durability advantage.

iscaremonkeys
luke mutha facking cage

Kazenji
Agent Venom if he lets Venom take control.

pym-ftw
Cage thunderclaps the symbiote to hell and throws flash into orbit.

Firefly218
Cage 9/10

Estacado
Venom.

SamZED
Originally posted by deathslash
How so? As far as I can tell, Venom's bullets won't hurt him and Cage has a strength as well as durability advantage. Although I agree Cage is implied to be stronger but as far as feats go he's lucky to be Spider-man strong. And Venom is WAAAAAY above that. He's also a lot faster than Cage, can hurt him physically as well as use other methods. Cage is more tougher true, but Venom can take more damage.

SamZED
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cage thunderclaps the symbiote to hell and throws flash into orbit. As proven by that time he thunderclapped a lady off her high heels while Venom is often shown resisting mr. Fantastic's sonic gun. cool

StiltmanFTW
Victoria Hand who survived getting molested by Molecule Man.

SamZED
That Molecule Man was weak and impotent as proven by Sentry haters.

StiltmanFTW
Better to be impotent than covered in a black goo haw-som

SamZED
You would know. haw-som

StiltmanFTW
http://i40.tinypic.com/2eyj3tu.gif

SamZED
laughing evil face

Parmaniac
How so? As far as I can tell, Venom's bullets won't hurt him and Cage has a strength as well as durability advantage. http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17033025_Symbiote_-_Stingers_Venom_03.jpg
(Venom V2 03)

and if everything fails

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17033043_Symbiote_-_Control_-_Rulk_1_Venom_V2_13.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17033045_Symbiote_-_Control_-_Rulk_2_Venom_V2_13.jpg
(Venom V2 13)

deathslash
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17033025_Symbiote_-_Stingers_Venom_03.jpg
(Venom V2 03)

and if everything fails

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17033043_Symbiote_-_Control_-_Rulk_1_Venom_V2_13.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17033045_Symbiote_-_Control_-_Rulk_2_Venom_V2_13.jpg
(Venom V2 13) Yeah.... those first guys aren't invulnerable as far as I can tell. You're telling me that a legless Flash Thompson throwing off his symbiote and having it try to take control of Luke Cage is a viable tactic? Just cause the Symbiote can nearly take control of Red Hulk doesn't instantly mean that he'll win.

Kazenji
Nearly took control of the Red Hulk?

it did take control.

SamZED
Yeah.... those first guys aren't invulnerable as far as I can tell. You're telling me that a legless Flash Thompson throwing off his symbiote and having it try to take control of Luke Cage is a viable tactic? Just cause the Symbiote can nearly take control of Red Hulk doesn't instantly mean that he'll win.
The symbiote doesnt need to leave the host in order take someone over. It is a viable tactics but not a necessary one becauseVenom is capable of taking this h2h. And i think the first scan was posted because permanently blinding Cage or damaging his brain through the eye sockets is another option.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Cage thunderclaps the symbiote to hell and throws flash into orbit.

thumb up

ShadowFyre
Cage is supposed to be in the what 40 ton range? (I hate Marvels strength class system) The symbiote has proven to be in roughly that same area amd more on some showings. If Venom takes control then he should win. He can take hits from Luke Cage easily. He has fought Namor, Hulk and Juggs. Blunt force trauma does not do much to him. Thunder clap from Luke Cage is not strong enough to do moee than slightly distract him. Oh and a speed that is way to fast for cage and the spikes, blades , and tendrils on top of viciousness should give Venom the ability to mop the floor with someone like Cage in a few seconds really. But in comics? Cage wins.

deathslash
Originally posted by SamZED
The symbiote doesnt need to leave the host in order take someone over. It is a viable tactics but not a necessary one because Venom is capable of taking this h2h. And i think the first scan was posted because permanently blinding Cage or damaging his brain through the eye sockets is another option. Ok, I'll give you that one. So Cage can physically take on characters like Carnage, Rhino, Dr. Doom, Iron Clad, Wonderman, etc..... but he can't take Venom in a straight physical fight? That is another option, however Cage's reaction time is pretty impressive and killing featless canon fodder is completely different that killing someone that has given Spider-man and other such high meta to high herald characters fits.

ShadowFyre
Im just saying Venoms powerset on paper is more impressive than Cages. In the actual comics Cage is without a doubt more impressive.

SamZED
Ok, I'll give you that one. So Cage can physically take on characters like Carnage, Rhino, Dr. Doom, Iron Clad, Wonderman, etc..... but he can't take Venom in a straight physical fight? That is another option, however Cage's reaction time is pretty impressive and killing featless canon fodder is completely different that killing someone that has given Spider-man and other such high meta to high herald characters fits. Works both ways. Venom was shown taking on characters like Thing, Carnage, She-Hulk and even Hulk and Juggernaut but not Cage? That's the problem with abc logic it won't get us far. In a direct comparisson they're in the same league strength-wise, can take great amount of punishment but on top of all that Venom's got speed and agility advantage, insane healing factor (especially as of late, including regenerating lost limbs and organs in a matter of seconds) plus has other options of winning the fight including symbiote telepathy, razor sharp tendrils to blind his opponent, invisibility and now weapons. IMO that's enough to guarantee him a win, not an easy one but still a win. The thing about well-written Venom.. Spider-man has no business fighting him. And if we look at their encounters.. Pete could never defeat Venom without some sort of plot device.

h1a8
Works both ways. Venom was shown taking on characters like Thing, Carnage, She-Hulk and even Hulk and Juggernaut but not Cage? That's the problem with abc logic it won't get us far. In a direct comparisson they're in the same league strength-wise, can take great amount of punishment but on top of all that Venom's got speed and agility advantage, insane healing factor (especially as of late, including regenerating lost limbs and organs in a matter of seconds) plus has other options of winning the fight including symbiote telepathy, razor sharp tendrils to blind his opponent, invisibility and now weapons. IMO that's enough to guarantee him a win, not an easy one but still a win. The thing about well-written Venom.. Spider-man has no business fighting him. And if we look at their encounters.. Pete could never defeat Venom without some sort of plot device. I agree with this. I say Venom wins

StiltmanFTW
Luke is god, Venom secretly worships him.

cdtm
Works both ways. Venom was shown taking on characters like Thing, Carnage, She-Hulk and even Hulk and Juggernaut but not Cage? That's the problem with abc logic it won't get us far. In a direct comparisson they're in the same league strength-wise, can take great amount of punishment but on top of all that Venom's got speed and agility advantage, insane healing factor (especially as of late, including regenerating lost limbs and organs in a matter of seconds) plus has other options of winning the fight including symbiote telepathy, razor sharp tendrils to blind his opponent, invisibility and now weapons. IMO that's enough to guarantee him a win, not an easy one but still a win. The thing about well-written Venom.. Spider-man has no business fighting him. And if we look at their encounters.. Pete could never defeat Venom without some sort of plot device.

Yeah, Parker's usually pretty arrogant about his abilities, but he nearly had a panic attack in one of his early fights with Venom. Outright said he couldn't win, even.

When Black Tarantula beat him down the first time, he chalked it up to an off day, but against Venom he thought he was going to die.

StiltmanFTW
Cage has already owned the most overpowered version of Venom known as Gargan the Great.

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cage has already owned the most overpowered version of Venom known as Gargan the Great. laughing yeah, I do remember that. Gargan was the one of the most powerful users of the symbiote.

Mshinu
Agent Venom is nothing next to Gargan The Great, most magnificient of Symbiotes.

Anyway Luke Cage wins by tunderclap and seals the goo in a half-empty jar of strawberry jam.

Parmaniac
laughing yeah, I do remember that. Gargan was the one of the most powerful users of the symbiote. he isn't serious...

SamZED
On his very first day as Venom Spider-man forcefed him a brick wall.laughing

Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Parker's usually pretty arrogant about his abilities, but he nearly had a panic attack in one of his early fights with Venom. Outright said he couldn't win, even.

When Black Tarantula beat him down the first time, he chalked it up to an off day, but against Venom he thought he was going to die. Exactly. The way I see it Venom is to Spider-man what Doomsday was to Superman in DOS. Worse even. Pete always feared him and could never beat him.

StiltmanFTW

OK, let's assume it's a good comparison. What does that make Morlun then? Spiderman's Helspont? shocklaugh

StiltmanFTW
Doomsday... right...

Vf0Y-bJxI0E

PS. That's Brock vin

Parmaniac
I don't see the problem, exactly what Superman did to Doomsday.

deathslash
he isn't serious... I know that big grin

SamZED

OK, let's assume it's a good comparison. What does that make Morlun then? Spiderman's Helspont? shocklaugh Darkseid then. Or.. just... shut up, ok?! miffed

SamZED
Doomsday... right...

Vf0Y-bJxI0E

PS. That's Brock vin
http://G-45Y_76rhQ&feature

ShadowFyre
Cage isnt even close to strong enough to hurt or thunderclap Venom. In all actuality even Gargan should of beat Cage. He has him beat in every category.

StiltmanFTW
@Sam, video doesn't show up

@Shadow - He did beat him back when he was Scorpion. But as Venom, nearly every writer treated him as a joke.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.