Zoom Vs Superboy Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Who wins?

Mindset
Zoom zooms him.

carver9
Zoom.

Reflassshh
Prime gets killed in mom's stomach.

Silver_Lantern
zoom is always seconds ahead of wally

Silver_Lantern
zoom is always seconds ahead of wally......the match would end b4 sbp notice anything

Odekahn
Zoom

Branlor Swift
All the people Zoom beat who even come close to Prime's level back up him beating Prime.

Like that time he took out... that one guy

carver9
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
All the people Zoom beat who even come close to Prime's level back up him beating Prime.

laughing out loud

iceman24567
Bran is correct as usual prime smashes Zooms face in

Galan007
Zoom wins.

Omega Vision
Zoom is literally Prime's worst nightmare.

ODG
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Prime gets killed in mom's stomach. I think that's more Professor Zoom's m.o.

Mindset

Like that time he took out... that one guy Zoom > Superboy > SBP

StyleTime

laughing out loud

Reflassshh
Originally posted by ODG
I think that's more Professor Zoom's m.o.
Yep, you're right laughing, but zoom could do it as well.

Firefly218
zoom wins before sbp even gets a chance

LeonBuco666
Zoom spite

ODG
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Yep, you're right laughing, but zoom could do it as well. Could he?

Warlord
zoom

Estacado

Warlord
blink

AlmightyKfish
Isn't that Professor Zoom rather than Zoom?

Estacado
Yup its Prof Zoom my bad...

Branlor Swift
Didn't Zoom get punched out by Kal-L in the same issue Prime killed him to death? And there's the part where he lost to WW in the lead-ins... and the billion punches he landed on Power Girl having... no effect.

Zoom's hh level fights apparently put him on a level as to where he obliterates Prime? Gotta go fast right?

I wonder if people are actually basing Zoom comparisons between him and Flash and Prime and Flash, or if they're just like "Ooh, his fastness is faster than quick!" to say he wins. Meh.

Galan007
Zoom was punched by Kal, but Kal's punch barely even made him pause. As for his fight with WW: that was the same comic where he was punching her across entire continents with Superman-level punches-- so her inextricably lassoing/capturing him(apparently she can throw her rope ftl) is softened quite a bit by that. smile

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Galan007
Zoom was punched by Kal, but Kal's punch barely even made him pause. As for his fight with WW: that was the same comic where he was punching her across entire continents with Superman-level punches-- so her inextricably lassoing/capturing him(apparently she can throw her rope ftl) is softened quite a bit by that. smile He wasn't seen again and Superman moved right on directly after that when they were basically running through every villain. Unless we say he was taken down by Power Girl off panel... I'm OK with that.

And he couldn't even finish a blind Wonder Woman. And he was almost knocked out in 3 total attacks during that fight.

Galan007
He wasn't seen again and Superman moved right on directly after that when they were basically running through every villain. Unless we say he was taken down by Power Girl off panel... I'm OK with that. That's... Silly, though.

http://i.imgur.com/fbbXQE3.jpg

Zoom barely even pauses after Kal strikes him, and goes on to troll Wildcat and Power Girl before evidently zooming away. Don't know why in the world you'd think he was beaten by *someone* off panel..?

And he couldn't even finish a blind Wonder Woman. And he was almost knocked out in 3 total attacks during that fight. Zoom wasn't trying to 'finish' her. He was trying to make her betterrrr.

WW initially hit Zoom when he was unprepared, and it barely even fazed him:

Zoom proceeds to beat the christ out of Dianna with Superman-level punches that send her flying across entire continents:

At the end, Dianna inextricably lassos/captures him, before punching him a few more times:

Although if I really wanted to, I could write-off WW capturing Zoom with her lasso as PIS, given that in more recent times he was able to easily get out of her lasso, and even own her with it(while also having to deal with Superman+Batman+Hal, no less):
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052788_9.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052790_10.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052792_11.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052832_12.jpg

Batman-Prime
PC Speed = Zoom Speed. SBP takes this, easy.

Branlor Swift
That's... Silly, though.

http://i.imgur.com/fbbXQE3.jpg

Zoom barely even pauses after Kal strikes him, and goes on to troll Wildcat and Power Girl before evidently zooming away. Don't know why in the world you'd think he was beaten by *someone* off panel..?

Zoom wasn't trying to 'finish' her. He was trying to make her betterrrr.

WW initially hit Zoom when he was unprepared, and it barely even phased him:

Zoom proceeds to beat the christ out of Dianna with Superman-level punches that send her flying across entire continents:

At the end, Dianna inextricably lassos/captures him, before punching him a few more times:

Although if I really wanted to, I could easily write-off WW capturing him with her lasso as PIS, given that in more recent times he was able to easily get out of her lasso and even own her with it(while also having to deal with Superman+Batman+Hal, no less):
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052788_9.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052790_10.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052792_11.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17052832_12.jpg Because every villain there was getting demolished. They were stopping every villain they met up with. You think he was beating up heroes and they decided to just do nothing about it? The only way Zoom didn't get beaten is if he ran away. Which knowing how much of a coward he is, that might be what he did.

Barely even phased him? Yeah, it took someone blinking in and out at lightspeed a full page to come back. I wouldn't say he simply shrugged that off. And I was counting that punch as how many it took to almost KO him. Otherwise, he was almost knocked out in a punch and a slam.

But yeah, she hit him when he was unprepared... as opposed to every shot Zoom landing on WW being when she was unprepared. And not trying to kill her doesn't mean he couldn't have knocked her out... which he didn't with the hardest shots he's ever displayed on panel. But I don't get how him trying to make her better has any effect here seeing as that's his entire MO. Unless you're trying to say he holds back all the time in every comic.

And writing off the lasso as pis doesn't do anything for the durability he displayed there, or the lack of stopping power... which ironically enough, you managed to find a scene where he displays absolutely no stopping power at all to back up your case.

Superboy doesn't have a lasso. It's irrelevant. What is relevant is Zoom's failure to cause significant damage with shots, and his glass jaw. And considering he's limited in how he's going to win, that kind of puts a damper in him beating a pretty durable and somewhat quick dude in Prime.

Galan007
Because every villain there was getting demolished. They were stopping every villain they met up with. You think he was beating up heroes and they decided to just do nothing about it? The only way Zoom didn't get beaten is if he ran away. Which knowing how much of a coward he is, that might be what he did. He likely did run away. He certainly wasn't KO'd by anyone... And shrugging off a punch from Kal is very impressive, regardless of your low-balling. smile

Barely even phased him? Yeah, it took someone blinking in and out at lightspeed a full page to come back. I wouldn't say he simply shrugged that off. And I was counting that punch as how many it took to almost KO him. Otherwise, he was almost knocked out in a punch and a slam. You say "a full page" as though it was some huge amount of time. We are talking about a few seconds, at the most.

But yeah, she hit him when he was unprepared... as opposed to every shot Zoom landing on WW being when she was unprepared. And not trying to kill her doesn't mean he couldn't have knocked her out... which he didn't with the hardest shots he's ever displayed on panel. But I don't get how him trying to make her better has any effect here seeing as that's his entire MO. Unless you're trying to say he holds back all the time in every comic. He typically does hold back against most foes. Although we know what he can do when he begins cutting loose: Superman-level+ punches, please. smile

And writing off the lasso as pis doesn't do anything for the durability he displayed there, or the lack of stopping power... which ironically enough, you managed to find a scene where he displays absolutely no stopping power at all to back up your case. Lol, I like how you're trying to turn Superman+Batman+WW+Hal ALL being unable to stop Zoom, into some sort of low feat for Zoom. Nice. thumb up

Superboy doesn't have a lasso. It's irrelevant. What is relevant is Zoom's failure to cause significant damage with shots, and his glass jaw. And considering he's limited in how he's going to win, that kind of puts a damper in him beating a pretty durable and somewhat quick dude in Prime. Dianna not sustaining injury from Zoom's melee is simply a testament to her durability, not Zoom's 'lack of stopping power'. He was still hitting her with Superman-level+ punches any way you cut it.

Also, barring massive amounts of PIS, I'm curious how you think Prime would be anything but a statue to Zoom? He has never shown speed close to Zoom's level... Not even remotely. What he has shown is that he's terrified of speedsters, AND that he is essentially useless against speedsters. smile

Branlor Swift
He likely did run away. He certainly wasn't KO'd by anyone... And shrugging off a punch from Kal is very impressive, regardless of your low-balling. smile

You say "a full page" as though it was some huge amount of time. We are talking about a few seconds, at the most.

He typically does hold back against most foes. Although we know what he can do when he begins cutting loose: Superman-level+ punches, please. smile

Lol, I like how you're trying to turn Superman+Batman+WW+Hal ALL being unable to stop Zoom, into some sort of low feat for Zoom. Nice. thumb up

Dianna not sustaining injury from Zoom's melee is simply a testament to her durability, not Zoom's 'lack of stopping power'. He was still hitting her with Superman-level+ punches any way you cut it.

Also, barring massive amounts of PIS, I'm curious how you think Prime would be anything but a statue to Zoom? He has never shown speed close to Zoom's level... Not even remotely. What he has shown is that he's terrified of speedsters AND also that they are capable of making him bleed with a few punches. smile Yes, low balling. As opposed to the blatant highballing that's going on here. Has Zoom ever actually put down a durable being... like ever? Has Zoom ever shown durability anywhere close to being able to "shrug off" a punch by Superman ever again, or before? And considering how easily Zoom beats Prime and hits Superman hard, you'd think he'd be something of a threat to so many heroes in comics... but I digress.

It's a lot of time for someone who in your words is going to make Prime a statue.

So, your argument went from him holding back against Diana to him fully unleashing against Diana? Because that's apparently what he was doing against Diana. So... he failed to stop her when he was going all out is what you're saying?

I'm not questioning Zoom's speed. It's a good feat.
But it's a pathetic feat for his stopping power. Unless you think him failing to cause any damage to Batman, and Superman with quite a bit of punches is going to flow into him stopping Prime. Maybe you'll next tell me how him hitting Power Girl a billion or so times is how he's going to beat Prime.

And what you fail to realize is that Prime is way more durable than Wonder Woman. And you're using Zoom's highest showing of stopping power... where he fails to KO a blind Wonder Woman.
When Superman hits Wonder Woman, he breaks bones, and that's when she's expecting it. When Zoom hits Wonder Woman countless, countless times, with what amounts to cheapshots with every hit she's still relatively good to go.
If we're going to pretend he hits harder than Superman based on his best power showing and a statement when Wonder Woman is getting hit when she's blind, then apparently we should discount like almost every single one of his previous feats. All low showings. But let's take the best parts of those low showings and combine them into his Superman plus level abilities!

There we go, an actual basis for Prime losing as opposed to cherry picking random feats of Zoom when he's looking terrible and mashing them together.
But anyway, Prime was capable of reacting to the 3 Flashes once. And bleeding isn't beating anyway. As we saw him taken an extended beating by pretty much every Flash in existence and not even seem rocked once.
But, considering how low Zoom's durability is, and how he pretty much gets hit in almost every fight, he goes down hard.

Unless we use highest showings only for Zoom and combine them (IE, a billion Superman level punches). But if that's the case Prime survives universal destruction and punches into Zoom's timeline.

Basically, what this boils down to is has Zoom ever actually stopped a Superman level being (strength, durability) in comics? And if he has, can that be upscaled into a vastly more powerful Superman (although he's a big whiner)?
Apparently I'm led to believe he has... easily. So I'm curious Galan, when has this happened?

Galan007
Yes, low balling. As opposed to the blatant highballing that's going on here. Has Zoom ever actually put down a durable being... like ever? Has Zoom ever shown durability anywhere close to being able to "shrug off" a punch by Superman ever again, or before? And considering how easily Zoom beats Prime and hits Superman hard, you'd think he'd be something of a threat to so many heroes in comics... but I digress.

It's a lot of time for someone who in your words is going to make Prime a statue. When has Zoom faced a singular opponent as strong/durable as Dianna outside that one showing? Usually he faces teams of heroes, and must divide his 'attention' between them. The one time he faced a single opponent of that caliber, he utilized Superman-level punches because, well, he could actually do so without killing the character he was trying to make betterrrr.

So, your argument went from him holding back against Diana to him fully unleashing against Diana? Because that's apparently what he was doing against Diana. So... he failed to stop her when he was going all out is what you're saying? Huh? When did I ever say that Zoom "unleashed" against WW? I said that he "began cutting loose", but still wasn't trying to kill her. That's why he stopped beating her on Themyscira, and started beating one of the other random Amazonians... He was trying to make her betterrrr, not kill her.

I'm not questioning Zoom's speed. It's a good feat.
But it's a pathetic feat for his stopping power. Unless you think him failing to cause any damage to Batman, and Superman with quite a bit of punches is going to flow into him stopping Prime. Maybe you'll next tell me how him hitting Power Girl a billion or so times is how he's going to beat Prime. He was toying with them, dood. His trollish dialogue in the scene is blatantly indicative of such. Do I need to blow up the scans in question to get the point across?

And what you fail to realize is that Prime is way more durable than Wonder Woman. And you're using Zoom's highest showing of stopping power... where he fails to KO a blind Wonder Woman.
When Superman hits Wonder Woman, he breaks bones, and that's when she's expecting it. When Zoom hits Wonder Woman countless, countless times, with what amounts to cheapshots with every hit she's still relatively good to go. Lol, in an inner monologue to herself, Dianna said that Zoom's punches hurt MORE than punches from Superman. Given that she's been hit by BOTH parties, and had no reason to speak in hyperbole to herself, I trust her word more than yours. You not liking the fact that Zoom can hit that hard is irrelevant. The fact is: he can.

Also, when did Zoom hit WW "countless, countless" times? I saw him deliver 4 strikes. none

If we're going to pretend he hits harder than Superman based on his best power showing and a statement when Wonder Woman is getting hit when she's blind, then apparently we should discount like almost every single one of his previous feats. All low showings. But let's take the best parts of those low showings and combine them into his Superman plus level abilities! "Pretend". Lol, because it wasn't established, right?

http://i.imgur.com/EEhiUgz.jpg

Srsly, though... You're getting pretty riled up over this. Dunno why. confused

There we go, an actual basis for Prime losing as opposed to cherry picking random feats when he's looking terrible and mashing them together.
But anyway, Prime was capable of reacting to the 3 Flashes once. And bleeding isn't beating anyway. As we saw him taken an extended beating by pretty much every Flash in existence and not even seem rocked once.
But, considering how low Zoom's durability is, and how he pretty much gets hit in almost every fight, he goes down hard.

Unless we use highest showings only for Zoom and combine them (IE, a billion Superman level punches). But if that's the case Prime survives universal destruction and punches into Zoom's timeline. Are we acting like Prime's consistent beatings at the hands of Connor haven't happened? Are we acting like Prime has a sterling record against speedsters(of whom cannot even rival Zoom's speed themselves)? Are we acting like Teen Titans didn't happen? You see, it's pointless for you to low-ball when I can low-ball right back. smile

Also, you didn't address how Prime is touching a guy that makes Flashes look slow. I'm still waiting for that.

Branlor Swift
When has Zoom faced a singular opponent as strong/durable as Dianna outside that one showing? Usually he faces teams of heroes, and must divide his 'attention' between them. The one time he faced a single opponent of that caliber, he utilized Superman-level punches because, well, he could actually do so without killing the character he was trying to make betterrrr.

Huh? When did I ever say that Zoom "unleashed" against WW? I said that he "began cutting loose", but still wasn't trying to kill her. That's why he stopped beating her on Themyscira, and started beating one of the other random Amazonians... He was trying to make her betterrrr, not kill her.

He was toying with them, dood. His trollish dialogue in the scene is blatantly indicative of such. Do I need to blow up the scans in question to get the point across?

Lol, in an inner monologue to herself, Dianna said that Zoom's punches hurt MORE than punches from Superman. Given that she's been hit by BOTH parties, and had no reason to speak in hyperbole to herself, I trust her word more than yours. You not liking the fact that Zoom can hit that hard is irrelevant. The fact is: he can.

Also, when did Zoom hit WW "countless, countless" times? I saw him deliver 4 strikes. none

"Pretend". Lol, because it wasn't established, right?

http://i.imgur.com/EEhiUgz.jpg

Srsly, though... You're getting pretty riled up over this. Dunno why. confused

Are we acting like Prime's consistent beatings at the hands of Connor haven't happened? Are we acting like Prime has a sterling record against speedsters(of whom cannot even rival Zoom's speed themselves)? Are we acting like Teen Titans didn't happen? You see, it's pointless for you to low-ball when I can low-ball right back. smile

Also, you didn't address how Prime is touching a guy that makes Flashes look slow. I'm still waiting for that. So, Zoom has never taken down a being even Diana level is what you're saying? And he has never hit anywhere close to as hard as Superman outside a singular showing where he failed to take out Wonder Woman.
But yeah, go ahead and post the scan that says this was the only time he stopped holding back for fear of killing someone, and that's the only reason he only has one showing of hitting that hard.

Then you're saying Zoom always holds back. Well, that's quite an ace in the hole isn't it? Too bad CIS is on in the forum though. Stop holding back would probably stop him from acquiring so many losses though.
But I still find it funny how you made a point of him holding back against WW but then turn around and say "Well, this is the one time he didn't hold back... as much."
So basically, the fight where he fails to KO Wonder Woman is the most he's went out in comics? So... he failed to KO Wonder Woman is what you're saying in his best power showing?

But your logic is that he always tries to make the heroes better. Like what he seemed to be doing there. And you know what... He's still hitting them. You're telling me he uses an immense amount of speed to hit his opponents, but he's not actually trying to hurt them... with a whole lot of punches? So what, he was pulling everyone of his super speed punches?
If Superman was hitting something that much, I have doubts he'd cause no damage at all.

And her inner monologue is retarded. Superman destroys her when he hits her. Breaks bones, blacks her out, etc. Zoom hits her and causes no injuries at all. Doesn't really come close to knocking her out. It's basically akin to anyone saying they're more powerful than Superman.
And it also doesn't help that this is like the only time it's ever cause this much damage. And it doesn't help that every hit amounts to a cheapshot due to her being blind. We are using one statement that doesn't make sense to conclude he always can hit harder than Superman. This would be like using Superboy retconning reality to say every single punch he throws is that powerful... although the sad thing is Prime has done that more than Zoom has... you know.
Not to mention, Superman would have obliterated a blind Diana if he was hitting her like that.

Hell, Superman hits her bracelets and she questions them being able to take anymore than that:
http://i39.tinypic.com/smyob8.jpg

That fight had him breaker her wrist, dislocating her arm, punching through her hand, and just about everything in between.

There's also her taking a sunamped Superman punch that sends her from the sun that temp KO's her. But no, Zoom hits harder. She's been hit by Superman after all. This hurts more. Wait... wasn't Sacrifice like right before that fight? lol.

You can't count obviously then. He hits her 7 times assuming every hit is a single hit, and he bashes her head once. And considering his single looking hit was 200 hits against an Amazonian that failed to kill her, it's a little weird to conclude he was throwing single hits against Diana. And also his entire history... But I forgot, we're supposed to ignore every other showing of Zoom because of that one fight... yes, each of Zoom's hits are harder than Superman. And 200 Superman plus level strikes failed to kill an Amazonian. Logic.

"Established" in one showing... out of what like 200 appearances? Yeah, let's take that one showing as the gospel.

Honestly, I can't think of a calmer semi long post I've ever written calmer than the last post. But if it seems butthurt to you, then you must be right. I'm furious.

The funny thing is, you yourself are admitting you're lowballing. I however, am using some of Zoom's best feats that you are more than happy of using. And Connor was fighting with Prime in the same series Prime 2 shotted Superman. Connor was doing amazing against BL Kal-L. Unlike Zoom apparently, Connor has the feats. The speedsters basically has them hitting him as hard as they can and doing no lasting damage. When Bart actually drew blood against Prime he landed a huge cheapshot against Prime when he was full speedforced. When Bart came back in LO3W he said he was faster than ever and the Speedforce itself was amped. And he did pretty much no damage at all against Prime, Prime had also got hit by iirc red sun, and a place with no sunlight. I don't remember what happened in Tales besides Prime calling out Superman's manhood. And the TT one is a blatant low feat. Like the only one where he legitimately gets put down. Too bad it's not relevant to pillow fists Zoom though. And none of these feats are Jay rocking the dick out of Zoom.

Zoom gets hit... a lot in comics. According to your concession, Zoom has never even put down a Superman level being. Zoom has a questionable jaw.
All of which add up to him not looking so hot against Prime.

And I've repeatedly questioned how Zoom can jump from never KO'ing a Superman level being to jumping up in ability to easily beat Prime, so let's not play a questions game.

Prime will get hit, a lot. I'm not denying that. However, combining Zoom's complete and utter ability to get hit with Prime's strength and speed? It doesn't look so hot for Zoom.

But, in way of actually proving it?
Well, let's look at what you yourself have posted:
You posted Kal-L hitting Zoom. You posted a blind Wonder Woman hitting Zoom. You posted a blind Wonder Woman lasso'ing Zoom. You posted Goddamned Hal snatching his leg while he was in the middle of blitzing Diana. And then you posted Diana lasso'ing him AGAIN (even though he got out). And you expect to sit here and tell me he's going to make Prime look like a statue? All of these you used as good showings too.

No, Prime isn't as quick as Zoom, but he's fast enough to do this:
http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media/RealVSClone8.jpg.html
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/RealVSClone9.jpg

So his reactions are a bit more than anyone you posted tagging Zoom. Prime has a good chance to tag Zoom. If Prime isn't winging punches, he's got a chance to one shot Zoom.

Why does Zoom win easily. Why does Zoom win at all is the better question, but what do you do...

Branlor Swift
Just checked Tales.

The Flashes don't appear again after they were hit here, when even Robin was able to keep up with the battle:
http://i43.tinypic.com/34euukz.jpg

Which implies they were KO'ed for a whole issue.

That whole issue kind of disproves the notion of Zoom beating Prime for that matter. Blasting through Superman. KO'ing Wonder Woman, taking a beating by everyone, etc. All while almost being at full power, and then getting hit by "a full red sun".

All in all, Prime's pretty durable for someone like Zoom to just simply knock out.

ODG
^ While I don't disagree with anything you've said, Superboy Prime doesn't like s-s-s-s-s-speedsters. If Bart Allen can send him packing three times over...

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by ODG
^ While I don't disagree with anything you've said, Superboy Prime doesn't like s-s-s-s-s-speedsters. If Bart Allen can send him packing three times over... Yeah, that's one point I haven't disagreed is an actual good point for Zoom.

Prime turns into a girl at that point. Though it's less to do with physical, and more to do with his emo-ness. He has the capabilities, but his mind isn't quite there.

Which is why I think Zoom gives him problems. A lot of problems. I just don't think he can actually put Prime down, or cause any significant damage. A self bfr at best IMO.

Mindset
Why couldn't Zoom bfr him?

Did he lose him time traveling powers?

Branlor Swift
Prime just punches out of bfr's, unless it's out in the multiverse...

That hurt typing that.

ODG
Originally posted by Mindset
Why couldn't Zoom bfr him?

Did he lose him time traveling powers? Maybe you're thinking about Professor Zoom.

Mindset
Originally posted by ODG
Maybe you're thinking about Professor Zoom. Nope.

Zoom has time traveled. He was in Rome before he came back to fight Bart iirc.Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Prime just punches out of bfr's, unless it's out in the multiverse...

That hurt typing that. I'll punch your face off. sneer

Branlor Swift
I'll retcon punch you into queenofbrokeback

ODG
Nope.

Zoom has time traveled. He was in Rome before he came back to fight Bart iirc. I recall him BFRing himself when he tried to power the Cosmic Treadmill without Professor Zoom's assistance?

Mindset
I'll retcon punch you into queenofbrokeback That's uncalled for.Originally posted by ODG
I recall him BFRing himself when he tried to power the Cosmic Treadmill without Professor Zoom's assistance? Are you asking me if this happened?

I don't remember, I just know he was chilling in ancient Rome probably enjoy orgies.

celeyhyga17
Hard for me to pick against SBP here...

Branlor Swift
That's uncalled for. Yeah, I took that way too far.

Friends again?

ODG
Are you asking me if this happened?

I don't remember, I just know he was chilling in ancient Rome probably enjoy orgies. I know it happened. Zoom apparently couldn't use the Cosmic Treadmill to time-travel because he wasn't a true speedster. He had to force Jay Garrick to power it to bring Professor Zoom out of a moment in history. Professor Zoom ended up powering the Cosmic Treadmill thereafter to torment Wally with time-traveling shenanigans. Then a time-traveling Barry managed to pull Professor Zoom back into the timestream, and Zoom tried to power the treadmill on his own and kinda blew up.

The Rome thing sounds familiar, I just remember the treadmill scene more clearly because it was the climax to Geoff Johns Rogue's War storyline.

Mindset
Yeah, I took that way too far.

Friends again? thumb up

Let's beat up some nerds.

abhilegend
Jesse Quick also knocked out Zoom IIRC.

Mindset
abhi, get outta here with that bullshit.

abhilegend
It was written by Geoff Johns to boot.

big grin

maxivitopowe
Why isn't zoom a true speedster?

DarkSaint85
He doesn't move fast because of speed; he appears to move fast because he messes with the timestream. SO he makes it look as if time is moving fast relative to him, which doesn't explain how he can run around the world, though.

So for example, say it takes you 20 seconds to run 100m (you fat phuck). Zoom would also take 20 seconds, but he controls the rate at which time flows, so relative to him its 20 seconds, but from your perspective, only 1 second has passed.

maxivitopowe
But shouldn't he be aging incredibly then?

And shouldn't that be tiring?

And he can run in water right? How?

And the running around the world thing? How? His powers make no sense.

And can he control the rate at which he appears to move?

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I have no idea how time phuckery helps him with some of the feats he;s shown.

Warlord
comic science you fools

sacred108
Zooms blitz sbp then goes to McDonald's for a drink finishes it comes back and punches him at full speed goes BK for a burger finishes it goes and kicks him at full speed then goes to Sonics for some fries finishes them then goes back in time and punches his mom the end.

Galan007
1/2

So, Zoom has never taken down a being even Diana level is what you're saying? And he has never hit anywhere close to as hard as Superman outside a singular showing where he failed to take out Wonder Woman.
But yeah, go ahead and post the scan that says this was the only time he stopped holding back for fear of killing someone, and that's the only reason he only has one showing of hitting that hard. You asked why he doesn't always hit that hard. I gave you the reason WHY he doesn't always hit that hard. Now you're arguing with the reason, too? Lol.

Then you're saying Zoom always holds back. Well, that's quite an ace in the hole isn't it? Too bad CIS is on in the forum though. Stop holding back would probably stop him from acquiring so many losses though. Wally usually holds back as well. That doesn't stop him from fighting to his full potential on KMC. smile

But I still find it funny how you made a point of him holding back against WW but then turn around and say "Well, this is the one time he didn't hold back... as much."
So basically, the fight where he fails to KO Wonder Woman is the most he's went out in comics? So... he failed to KO Wonder Woman is what you're saying in his best power showing? His best showing of punching-power is delivering multiple Superman-level punches. Why on earth you're equating Dianna not being KO'd by said punches into a low feat for Zoom is beyond me. Frankly, you're doing everything you can to low-ball Zoom at this point. It's just silly, tbh.

But your logic is that he always tries to make the heroes better. Like what he seemed to be doing there. And you know what... He's still hitting them. You're telling me he uses an immense amount of speed to hit his opponents, but he's not actually trying to hurt them... with a whole lot of punches? So what, he was pulling everyone of his super speed punches?
If Superman was hitting something that much, I have doubts he'd cause no damage at all. He holds back against most opponents, because he only wants to make them betterrrr. So yes, he does pull his punches when he needs to. If he were to hit Impulse, for example, with a Superman-level punch, he'd be splattered all over the sidewalk-- but killing heroes isn't Zoom's M.O.

...But Prime isn't a hero, so Zoom's methodology could possibly change-- especially if he gets basic knowledge of Prime before the battle.

And her inner monologue is retarded. Superman destroys her when he hits her. Breaks bones, blacks her out, etc. Zoom hits her and causes no injuries at all. Doesn't really come close to knocking her out. It's basically akin to anyone saying they're more powerful than Superman.
And it also doesn't help that this is like the only time it's ever cause this much damage. And it doesn't help that every hit amounts to a cheapshot due to her being blind. We are using one statement that doesn't make sense to conclude he always can hit harder than Superman. So Dianna was lying... To herself? Lol.

This would be like using Superboy retconning reality to say every single punch he throws is that powerful... It's not the same at all, actually. You're just being silly for no reason at all.

Prime 'retconned reality' because he was in a place where he could literally punch/break the physical 'walls' of reality. He didn't just start punching thin are, and *poof* reality was retconned.

Hell, Superman hits her bracelets and she questions them being able to take anymore than that:
http://oi39.tinypic.com/smyob8.jpg

That fight had him breaker her wrist, dislocating her arm, punching through her hand, and just about everything in between.

There's also her taking a sunamped Superman punch that sends her from the sun that temp KO's her. But no, Zoom hits harder. She's been hit by Superman after all. This hurts more. Wait... wasn't Sacrifice like right before that fight? lol.

But no, Zoom hits harder. She's been hit by Superman after all. This hurts more. Wait... wasn't Sacrifice like right before that fight? lol.Because Superman /w/ Doomsday enhancements, and Superman /w/ a sunamp is what Dianna was comparing Zoom's punches to, right?

Lol, stop being silly.

You can't count obviously then. He hits her 7 times assuming every hit is a single hit, and he bashes her head once. And considering his single looking hit was 200 hits against an Amazonian that failed to kill her, it's a little weird to conclude he was throwing single hits against Diana. He hits her five times with Superman-level punches that we can see. Five times=/="countless, countless times", like you said.

Furthermore, concluding that he hit her anymore then that is yet another unsubstantiated conclusion on your end.

And also his entire history... But I forgot, we're supposed to ignore every other showing of Zoom because of that one fight... yes, each of Zoom's hits are harder than Superman. And 200 Superman plus level strikes failed to kill an Amazonian. Logic.When did I say anything like that? The problem here is you're SO butthurt that you've ceased making sense.

Galan007
2/2

"Established" in one showing... out of what like 200 appearances? Yeah, let's take that one showing as the gospel. You not liking that it happened, doesn't change the fact that it still happened. smile

The funny thing is, you yourself are admitting you're lowballing. I however, am using some of Zoom's best feats that you are more than happy of using. And Connor was fighting with Prime in the same series Prime 2 shotted Superman. Connor was doing amazing against BL Kal-L. Unlike Zoom apparently, Connor has the feats. The speedsters basically has them hitting him as hard as they can and doing no lasting damage. When Bart actually drew blood against Prime he landed a huge cheapshot against Prime when he was full speedforced. When Bart came back in LO3W he said he was faster than ever and the Speedforce itself was amped. And he did pretty much no damage at all against Prime, Prime had also got hit by iirc red sun, and a place with no sunlight. I don't remember what happened in Tales besides Prime calling out Superman's manhood. And the TT one is a blatant low feat. Like the only one where he legitimately gets put down. Too bad it's not relevant to pillow fists Zoom though. And none of these feats are Jay rocking the dick out of Zoom. No, I admitted that I can low-ball you right back-- because frankly, that's all you've done thus far. If I wanted to be like you, I could bring up Wonder Girl faring well against Prime... But I won't. smile

Anywho,
Conner consistently smacks Prime around, and pretty much everyone would agree that Connor<<Superman.
But most importantly: speedsters ALWAYS slap Prime around, and he usually flees from them.

What does this mean? It means that Prime's fear of his opponents can make him crumble where he otherwise would not... And he's never faced a speedster nearly as fast as Zoom.

Zoom gets hit... a lot in comics. According to your concession, Zoom has never even put down a Superman level being. Zoom has a questionable jaw.
All of which add up to him not looking so hot against Prime. Zoom also shit-stomps Flashes... a lot in comics. Hell, it took Bart merging with the entire effing speed force, and a hugely amped Wally, just to contend with Zoom... But you don't like mentioning that kind of stuff. No, you prefer mentioning only his lower feats and/or low-balling the hell out of the feats he has.

You: "Kal punched Zoom in the face and he shrugged it off? Big deal, cuz Dianna bloodied him up years earlier!"
You: "Zoom threw multiple Superman-level punches at Dianna? Big deal, cuz she wasn't even KO'd by them!"
You: "Zoom was able to toy with a team consisting of Superman+Batman+Hal+Dianna, and troll them in the process? Big deal, cuz he didn't own all of them!"

Crikey!

And I've repeatedly questioned how Zoom can jump from never KO'ing a Superman level being to jumping up in ability to easily beat Prime, so let's not play a questions game.

Prime will get hit, a lot. I'm not denying that. However, combining Zoom's complete and utter ability to get hit with Prime's strength and speed? It doesn't look so hot for Zoom. See above. You're low-balling just to low-ball, while at the same time not telling me HOW Prime will win. Silly.

But, in way of actually proving it?
Well, let's look at what you yourself have posted:
You posted Kal-L hitting Zoom. You posted a blind Wonder Woman hitting Zoom. You posted a blind Wonder Woman lasso'ing Zoom. You posted Goddamned Hal snatching his leg while he was in the middle of blitzing Diana. And then you posted Diana lasso'ing him AGAIN (even though he got out). And you expect to sit here and tell me he's going to make Prime look like a statue? All of these you used as good showings too. In a versus battle, yes, Prime WILL be a statue in comparison.

No, Prime isn't as quick as Zoom, but he's fast enough to do this:
http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Superman-Prime_Respect/media/RealVSClone8.jpg.html
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc260/Superman-Prime_Respect/RealVSClone9.jpg So he can spin around in a circle really fast and tag speedsters who aren't even remotely close to Zoom's level of speed? Great. It's odd that he didn't preform that little trick the several other times that speedsters have blitzed him.

So his reactions are a bit more than anyone you posted tagging Zoom. That feat is enough for you to conclude that Prime's reactions are greater than the characters who've 'tagged' Zoom? Lol.

Anyway, here's some feats for Zoom(more can be provided if need be)...

Out-speeds Bart:

Out-speeds Wally+Jay:

Easily blocks all of Wally's punches with one arm, before owning him:

Beats the shit out of Wally /w/ the speed of Bart+Jay:

Out-speeds Wally yet again:

Finally, Wally was able to contend with Zoom when he was amped to a point where time was literally STOPPED around him/them:

Every other hero on earth(inc. Superman) was a statue to them during this battle:

...And this is the level in which Zoom ALWAYS operates:

Just for fun... Zoom tools the Rogues:

But yeah, none of that matters. Prime will evidently just walk up and hit Zoom, because Zoom's been hit before. Love the logic.

_______

Anyway, that ridiculous wall-o-text will be my last post on the subject(sorry for that, btw)... I'm just talking in circles now. You can have the last word. thumb up

abhilegend
Superman wasn't enhanced in WW 175 (Circe merely gave his rage a physical appearance and that's what those spikes are for) and neither was he sun amped in WW 219. Wonder Woman saying Zoom punches harder than Superman directly contradicts what was shown under the same writer. That's all.

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman wasn't enhanced in WW 175 (Circe merely gave his rage a physical appearance and that's what those spikes are for) and neither was he sun amped in WW 219. Wonder Woman saying Zoom punches harder than Superman directly contradicts what was shown under the same writer. That's all. She forced Supes to enter a berserker rage state that he would never enter without said manipulation:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17062287_wonder_woman_175_14.jpg
^^That Supes=/=standard Supes. Unarguable.

And WW #219 was obviously released after Dianna/Zoom's battle in WW #214, thus is entirely irrelevant to Dianna's comment regarding Zoom's punching power.

eaebiakuya
From what i read in this thread, Prime only win with PIS (he tagging Zoom).

beatboks
This all depends on if SBP is time trapper also as was shown in one time line.
If it was the TT version of prime he stomps as his time manipulation / control is leagues above Zoom and all Zooms speed advantage would be gone.

Decimus
Zoom appears to control S but to a significant degree (which is nuts)at first which implied that the speed force is an emergent phenomenon that came from S. Later on it seems like it was changed so S was not allowed to trump the speed force and so S became the emergent phenomenon. So as it stands now in an overall showing Zoom is on the level of lets say two flashes. But prime was intended to be a universal changer. It took the at least 3 flashes going suicidal to imprison prime since prime has no link to the speed force but the alternate regime of regular physics that he was using to counter the speed force users! So after that there were problems with the speed force so it was obvious in direct conflict with the Laws of the speed force that a being like prime be placed in which he did with out any physical damage. But speed force users were sacrificed if I remember correctly. So prime would win 6 or 7 out of 10 because zoom was written down ridiculous because he would have been unbeatable if kept at his original showing... He has since be altered to the the point of superman hitting him, having to rely on the speed force to travel through time etc! This is his character now at most a team buster never a pre-crisis kryptonian universal threat. Zoom and Wally beat Clark decisively but pre-crisis Prime is beyond what they have become overall.

Branlor Swift
1/2

You asked why he doesn't always hit that hard. I gave you the reason WHY he doesn't always hit that hard. Now you're arguing with the reason, too? Lol.

Wally usually holds back as well. That doesn't stop him from fighting to his full potential on KMC. smile

His best showing of punching-power is delivering multiple Superman-level punches. Why on earth you're equating Dianna not being KO'd by said punches into a low feat for Zoom is beyond me. Frankly, you're doing everything you can to low-ball Zoom at this point. It's just silly, tbh.

He holds back against most opponents, because he only wants to make them betterrrr. So yes, he does pull his punches when he needs to. If he were to hit Impulse, for example, with a Superman-level punch, he'd be splattered all over the sidewalk-- but killing heroes isn't Zoom's M.O.

...But Prime isn't a hero, so Zoom's methodology could possibly change-- especially if he gets basic knowledge of Prime before the battle.

So Dianna was lying... To herself? Lol.

It's not the same at all, actually. You're just being silly for no reason at all.

Prime 'retconned reality' because he was in a place where he could literally punch/break the physical 'walls' of reality. He didn't just start punching thin are, and *poof* reality was retconned.

Because Superman /w/ Doomsday enhancements, and Superman /w/ a sunamp is what Dianna was comparing Zoom's punches to, right?

Lol, stop being silly.

He hits her five times with Superman-level punches that we can see. Five times=/="countless, countless times", like you said.

Furthermore, concluding that he hit her anymore then that is yet another unsubstantiated conclusion on your end.

When did I say anything like that? The problem here is you're SO butthurt that you've ceased making sense. ...
No I didn't. I asked when Zoom has ever hit that hard before. I asked where the feats are that back up Zoom hitting that hard. I asked you to post a scan explaining why this is the only time he hit this hard. I didn't ask why he doesn't hit that hard, I asked why he only has one goddamned showing to back that up, and on panel reasons.
You chose to make up your own reason instead. I asked for proof, not "Galan proof". But I guess this gives you a reason to conveniently ignore the question.

Good for Wally. You want to know the difference between Zoom and Wally though? Wally has actually damaged and put down Superman level beings. Wally actually has scenes where he goes all out. We've seen Wally all out. We've seen his limits. We have a basis.
What you're trying to mislead everyone with Zoom is that he holds back all the time, and therefore all he can do is better, not the same, not lower, only better. You're creating a false representation of Zoom. One apparently never seen in comics according to you.

And that showing of power is backed up by absolutely no feat ever from him. It's like saying everytime Thor hits on the forum he's going to hit hard enough to rival the big bang. Or it's like saying Prime's durability is always at destroyed universe surviving levels. Never mind any feat where he gets hurt by less. Because that's the logic we apply to Zoom apparently. It wasn't pis, it was powerset!
But yes, I'm lowballing. I'm lowballing his highest feat. I'm lowballing feats you used as high feats. Does that make sense to you? Hell, I'm lowballing because I'm pointing out that every feat he has besides the Wonder Woman one has him hitting at a questionable level. Which is strangely backed up by the scan blitz you attempt at the end of your argument. So no, I'm the one that's lowballing... because everyone knows if a guy only has ONE feat that completely surpass every other feat he has in punching power, that is the one to use.

Like I stated at the start of this, you are blatantly highballing. You are clinging to one feat like crazy. But even using this feat, he failed to KO Wonder Woman... but I'm not allowed to point that out? I'm not allowed to point out him failing to KO Wonder Woman might directly equate into his inability to KO a VASTLY SUPERIOR being? How is this even logic? And how do you keep glossing over the fact that Zoom has never even come close to putting down a Superman level being?

Zoom hit "harder" than Superman in the same fight he failed to KO a blind Wonder Woman. And that sounds about right to you apparently. Let's say Zoom hits that hard in every fight. smile

Then he apparently pulls his punches back to like Spider-Man level in absolutely every single one of his appearances... except one.
Hell, you've literally just posted scans where he fights villains in your next post when Zoom is pissed off.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17061684/18.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17061685/19.jpg.html

And every single one of them is still standing. Every one of them. Bad. Every one of them he felt didn't contribute. Unharmed.

But you expect me to believe he only activates "Superman mode" just for villains or Wonder Woman level people? Again, you're making shit completely up. You have literally no basis except for the absolute defense of a PIS feat, and even then you have no basis. Your assumptions are completely off. Zoom doesn't activate "Superman mode" only for some occasions, he activates it under a writer who gave him a really high feat. That's it.

His methodology won't change based on what we've seen of Zoom. Galan Zoom might change, but not comic Zoom, at least not based on any sort of comic.

Oh and one more thing. He says the Freedom Fighters will be better heroes if they survive:
http://i39.tinypic.com/33xk1za.jpg

Does that sound like he's pulling punches to you? No, he's hitting them hard and basically saying they'll only be better if they can survive the beating.

Her dialogue made no sense is what I'm saying. I know you don't actually want to discuss the difference between Superman's punches and the one appearance of Zoom, but at least don't put words in my mouth.
But if "Lying to herself" means she thinks Zoom's punches hurt more than her getting bones broken, then yes, she was lying to herself. In fact, I think it's literally impossible for a punch that causes no damage to hurt more than a broken bone, unless it hits the liver, but I digress.

He punched a wall that Kal-L failed to retcon, and what he punched in the Phantom Zone is anyone's guess. However, all we're led to believe he has to do is just hit something really hard. He could hit the Earth, but possibly retconning Zoom, and destroying the planet would hinder Zoom too much... so I take it he won't do that. Zoom is fast after all.

So, Diana was actually saying "I've been hit by Superman, except the times when he actually hurt me, and this hurts more"? Or maybe she was saying "I've been hit by Superman, and this hurts more than that... outside the times he hit me the hardest he's ever hit me."
Seems about right following the logic going on here. If we don't count Sacrifice, "Doomsday" Superman was one of the more recent fights.
And he wasn't amped when he was "Doomsday", he was just really pissed off.

But basically, we just ignore the times he actually gave her a beating? Sure.

Five times now? Yeah, if we ignore his after images kicking Wonder Woman while she's one the ground.
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17052781/5.jpg.html

That's 3 kicks.

So yeah, I get that we just ignore how Zoom's attacks work then? All the after images in the attacks? All the rest of his history. Him hitting an amazon with a single looking punch and landing 200 punches? But yes, let's just assume he landed 7 attacks, because Zoom is definitely a single puncher... do you even read Zoom?

Though, 7 Superman level strikes on a blind Wonder Woman... Still.

I see butthurt has changed its meaning to mean anyone who disagrees with you.

But you did say that. The Superman level punches go against Zoom's entire history, and you choose to factor those in. You choose to ignore all of Zoom's lesser feats in history to account for "Superman level". You are no better than someone using one single low feat that goes against entire histories and using that as your main argument.
You are highballing. You are using a PIS feat, etc. You are constantly ignoring every other feat of Zoom in favor of one. And when I point out those other feats (which conveniently you've used in your favor) you say I'm lowballing. I'm factoring in history to say how hard Zoom should hit. You are using one feat.

Let's get a list of what you've posted as high feats and used in your favor, and all the "low feats" where he hit not-Superman level:
You posted him hitting the Rogues to relatively no effect.
You posted him blitzing Batman and Superman, and causing no damage.
You posted repeated showings of him hitting the Flashes and causing minimal damage. Hell, you've posted extended beatings of the Flashes where he doesn't cause a lot of damage.

And you expect me to just sit there and think the guy should hit Superman level? You get shocked that I'd point out in your own scans that he wasn't hitting hard at all? How dare I lowball, right?

Maybe I should go in the Galan school of thought where one feat that goes against every other feat is the absolute feat. Zoom doesn't hit hard in EVERY appearance? Well, that doesn't count because he hit hard in this ONE appearance.

The equivalent of this would be Hulk saying he's been hit by Thor, but Spider-Man's punches hurt more. Yup, Spider-Man always hits harder than Thor. It's just that he was uh... holding back?

Branlor Swift
2/2

You not liking that it happened, doesn't change the fact that it still happened. smile

And penises
Yes, this is a simple case of me simply not liking something Galan.
As opposed to a blatant pis feat.

But I've asked you before if you could post anything to back it up, because for all my sexy-ness, I'm open minded. If you could have posted anything else to back it up, then maybe it would have just been me not liking it. But you failed. You utterly failed to back it up. And then you danced around the issue with words like "lowballing" "Butthurt" "stop arguing" and "Jizzload".

But apparently I'm just supposed to accept a highballed feat with no problem in an issue where he again, failed to KO a blind Wonder Woman. You can spout lowballing all you want, but you can't deny how questionable that is.

Again, I've apparently low balled from the feats every Zoom fan uses in Zoom threads. Things like him hitting Superman level (blatant pis). Him hitting a billion times in a second (where he failed to cause any damage to Power Girl). The Hal, GL, Batman, Superman fight (where again, he failed to cause damage), and more. And whenever he got tagged during those fights. Hell, one of your favorite feats apparently is when he takes Kal-L's punch. Where he gets hit by a slower, weaker being than Prime.
Because low balling is apparently using the full story. But I forgot you're actually only supposed to take the highs out of those feats and ignore the details.

Zoom can hit a billion times in a second... a billion Superman level punches though!

This is the logic we're supposed to employ as opposed to actually looking at the issues he accomplished these in. It's tiring, and I've seen it time and time again. No one apparently has an issue with it, but it's so crazily dumb it's ridiculous. Where is the line drawn? When is the time that pointing out context isn't seen as lowballing? Why can't I point out that when he did those feats, he did no damage with them? Why is that lowballing?

And again, pointing out his complete and utter lack of stopping power is lowballing. Hilarious

There's also the part where you admit you're lowballing Prime. So there's a mighty difference right there.

And Connor hits way harder than Zoom. Fancy that.

They do not always slap Prime around. Hell, I posted him seemingly to one shot two of them while casually brushing them off in the post right under mine. It took pretty much every Flash in existence to trap Prime in the Speedforce... which he got out. And it took Bart being faster than he's ever gone before.

And with the full Speedforce the Flashes are pretty much just as fast as Zoom. Whereas Bart had the full Speedforce when he cheapshotted Prime at the end of IC and Prime easily got away from him, with only a little bit of blood. Which means he should be able to move.

The mindset however is another issue, but all that means is that he wouldn't stay still and take Zoom's pitter patter punches.

I've never denied Zoom's speed. In fact, I outright stated he would blitz the hell out of Prime initially. However, he's also been tagged a lot by Flash, he's also been tagged a lot by heroes. He can be faster than anyone, but he's never been fast enough to not actually get hit. Which is a major flaw.

I've already explained all of those, and you've failed to do nothing but just say I'm using low feats. He's fast, I never denied that. But his punches are weak, and he gets tagged a lot in comics. That's not lowballing, that's forming an average out of comics.

But anyway, he also took one shot from Diana and got back in the fight. Once he really really got hit, he was done. Him taking one punch from Superman doesn't override his WW fight. As much as you think one single feat beats all other feats. It just doesn't work that way.

Again with the "lowballing". Broken record.
Also, I uh... told you exactly how Prime would win right below that post. Prime will eventually tag him while Zoom ineffectually hits him for a while.
But it's funny again that you start this up, when I'm the one in the first place who asked how Zoom will win. I'm the one who asked when the hell Zoom has ever even finish a durable opponent... a question that you just danced around repeatedly in your ballet shoes and skirt and never once tried to answer it.

So, you're saying all the scans you posted (that unintelligibly had Zoom getting tagged a lot) don't actually matter and Zoom will do better guaranteed? What's the point of trying to find the best Zoom feats you can when you ignore them the second they're questioned?

Oh Zoom got tagged? Doesn't count here, he's faster!

And apparently we're under the assumption that Zoom wasn't actually going that fast when he was put up against Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Batman? When he blitzed Superman he wasn't actually trying to go that fast? When he didn't want to be caught and shook out of WW's lasso/Hal's chain, he wasn't actually going that fast? I already got out of it that you think he was severely holding back his Superman level punches, but this is just delicious.

It's basically:

"Look how fast Zoom is going!!!"
*point out him getting caught*
"Well... he wasn't going that fast. In the forum you see, he'll be way faster"

Has I not pointed out him getting tagged, I wonder if you would have went into the "Prime will be these guys compared to Zoom" approach. Likely, likely.

I wonder how many times Zoom has to be tagged in the scans you post for you to start considering that maybe he isn't untouchable. Every comic he appears in?

Basically, he appears really fast when he's actually fighting heroes, and someone eventually touches him because he can't put them away super quick. The really fast part? Awesome. The getting touched part? Lowballing PIS.

Yeah, he can. And he's tagged the Flashes twice out of what, 4 fights? The one where he fought full Bart was two punches long and Prime didn't even try to retaliate, and the other one where he fought "The Speedforce itself is amped" Bart, Bart never came anyway close to him. So there's your reason.

Tell me again why Zoom has never put down a durable opponent? smile

Than anyone "you posted" tagging Zoom? Yes. Faster than Kal-L, a Blind Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman's lasso, Hal, etc. Yes.
If you think you can apply it to your current posts? Then no. Prime isn't faster than the Flashes, but he's fast enough to tag them, as evidenced by the times he uh... tagged them.

Funny thing about most of the scans you posted is that most of the times the Flashes aren't actually fighting him.

The Bart feat is good.

Wally and Jay weren't even hitting him. They were trying to absorb his kinetic energy, and were just spinning around him. And then he grabbed Jay and tripped Wally all while they were dumbfounded that it didn't work. He may be faster than them, but that set almost proves nothing except his kinetic energy can't be sapped.

The blocking feat is good. Although that set once against shows that his stopping power isn't very good. And it would be a terrible idea to use against Prime. Blocking punches that is.

Outside the first part, Flash wasn't even trying to fight Zoom. And Zoom was beating on Flash and failed to put him down. Again shows his lack of stopping power.

He hit Flash while Flash was turning around and then grabbed him from behind. Quick, but he used the element of surprise.

"Nearly stopped"

Superman was a statue because he was just flying around doing Superman stuff. Are we under the impression that Superman's superspeed perceptions would have him still being a statue if he knew there was actually danger going on? We've actually seen Superman be a statue to Flash until he knows bad shit is actually happening, and then, while still being slower, he is somewhat on par.
It's a different story when Superman is actually in a fight, compared to Superman sitting there masturbating.

Always operates... those are humans. Just because he operates that way to humans, that doesn't mean he always operates that way to anyone. Especially considering he was speaking to Linda.

Already answered the Rogues part.

Do you not know how to read? Or are you just purposefully misinterpreting what I said in an attempt to make me look dumb?
In the same post you quoted I stated Prime will get hit a lot. I'm not saying he simply walks up to Zoom and hits him once. I'm saying Zoom will ineffectually wail on Prime for a while, and eventually eat a hit that puts him down. It might take a while, but based on everything you've shown me thus far, it seems likely. Zoom's a lot faster than Prime, but he's not untouchable to even people slower than Prime.
Zoom doesn't hit hard enough to stop him, as evidenced by your complete inability to show him stopping anyone with any sort of decent durability. As evidenced by you thinking I'm lowballing his speed, and attempting to scan blitz me, yet you can't back up his stopping power in the least.

And if Zoom doesn't hit hard enough to stop him, that leaves a long fight on his hands. Logic dictates that the longer it goes on, the sloppier Zoom gets. Logic dictates that Zoom's been hit before by slower people, and Prime can hit Flashes in a full blitz. And logic dictates Zoom's durability isn't enough to withstand a full shot by Prime and stay awake.
Put all that together, and eventually Prime should win.

Branlor Swift
However, I got some qualms about you using the first appearance Zoom. Especially considering this happened:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-09.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-10.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

That's Wally keeping up with Zoom without any amps. That's Zoom actually trying to get as much speed as he can traveling going under lightspeed apparently. And most importantly of all, that is a Wally that needed Bart, Jay, himself and pretty much every other Flash in existence to trap Prime in the speedforce. And they all got tagged against Prime.
And he was able to get away from Bart with the entire Speedforce.

So really, there's no reason Zoom should be untouchable. Especially since we know Prime can travel lightspeed and react to the Wally that kept up with Zoom. And also take out Bart and Jay with a rush.

Probably some other things I could have added, meh... Zoom loses.

Galan007
Good lord, you put a LOT of words in my mouth with your posts. It's like you already have your mind made up that I've said certain things(even though I never did), and are arguing 'points' which were never once mentioned by me. Ever.

Example:
"Zoom can hit a billion times in a second... a billion Superman level punches though!"

You realize I never once said that, right? So far YOU are the only person who has even brought that up(you've brought it up several times, in fact)... Yet you're acting like I'm the one who's arguing it. Crikey.

Also, your contention that Zoom has a 'glass jaw' is complete BS. Dianna's punches have bloodied up Superman and the like(just like they did to Zoom.) Flash's punches have bloodied up Superman and the like(just like they did to Zoom.) Kal's punches rocked the shit out of Superman(they didn't really affect Zoom.) Etc.

But those facts, just like everything else I've mentioned on Zoom's behalf, probably don't matter, right? We'll go ahead and find a way to low-ball a bit more, right?

However, I got some qualms about you using the first appearance Zoom. Especially considering this happened:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-09.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

That's Wally keeping up with Zoom without any amps. That's Zoom actually trying to get as much speed as he can traveling going under lightspeed apparently. And most importantly of all, that is a Wally that needed Bart, Jay, himself and pretty much every other Flash in existence to trap Prime in the speedforce. And they all got tagged against Prime.
And he was able to get away from Bart with the entire Speedforce.

So really, there's no reason Zoom should be untouchable. Especially since we know Prime can travel lightspeed and react to the Wally that kept up with Zoom. And also take out Bart and Jay with a rush.

Probably some other things I could have added, meh... Zoom loses. You having qualms with those feats doesn't make them any less canon. Also, unless Prime now possesses Wally-speed, I'm not sure why you even bothered posting that scene? Wally=/=Prime.

Anyhow, Wally even mentions the fact that he required an amp just to contend with n00b Zoom the first time:
...So I'm not sure how he was "barely keeping up" with him in that scene..?

I did like Zoom shrugging off Wally's near-c shove, though:
thumb up

celeyhyga17
Boy am I entertained!

Galan007
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/10656/_10656.jpg

Mindset
I'm not reading all that.

Tell me your positions in one sentence so I can declare a winner.

Sundipped
Bran makes massive posts to break down and segment. Sometimes when I debate him it's like..."ok what can I combine together and address all
at once or should I just skip this rebuttal altoghther". If you're not careful, you will easily exceed your post character limit.. laughing out loud

Just to be clear, as far as the confrontations between Prime and the Flashes go, they aren't as bad as some make it seem. Same with Conner who got his sh!t pushed in...with and without help.

It took like 5 flashes just to team up and bfr Prime. IIRC Jay got one shotted by HV in the process. To go along with countering a team of Flashes with multiple punches, Max even indicated that absorption of the speed force wouldn't be enough to match Prime's speed. Those would be no doubt "good showings" from Bart against Prime despite Prime obviously being able to contend with premier speedsters, even in tandem.

Just wanted to get that out the way.....carry on.

Mindset
Nope, it only took one Bart.

Jay and Wally were just cheer leading.

Branlor Swift
I see you lied once again Galan.

Anyway, that ridiculous wall-o-text will be my last post on the subject(sorry for that, btw)... I'm just talking in circles now. You can have the last word. thumb up

Although I guess not answering anything and poking at minor issues in my post don't count as being on subject... I guess? I mean, actually proving Zoom's stopping power might have been on subject...

Although I guess this is your way to continue the debate without actually addressing anything important.

Good lord, you put a LOT of words in my mouth with your posts. It's like you already have your mind made up that I've said certain things(even though I never did), and are arguing 'points' which were never once mentioned by me. Ever. I'll put my dick in your mouth

Example:
"Zoom can hit a billion times in a second... a billion Superman level punches though!"

You realize I never once said that, right? So far YOU are the only person who has even brought that up(you've brought it up several times, in fact)... Yet you're acting like I'm the one who's arguing it. Crikey. That's 15 words I put in your mouth (even though I said that's the logic we're supposed to employ, not that you yourself said it)

But that's exactly what you're (or at least others have) arguing when you say he can hit with Superman level punches, how he always holds back, and how quick he is. Where am I supposed to go from there?
Should I assume you think he can only do one thing at a time? He can only throw one Superman punch at a time. He can only hit like a fly when he throws many punches?

What you're implying when you put it all together is that you know, put it all together.

"Zoom is so fast and can hit so many times. He can also throw Superman level punches.

Don't you dare connect those dots!!!"

Also, your contention that Zoom has a 'glass jaw' is complete BS. Dianna's punches have bloodied up Superman and the like(just like they did to Zoom.) Flash's punches have bloodied up Superman and the like(just like they did to Zoom.) Kal's punches rocked the shit out of Superman(they didn't really affect Zoom.) Etc. WW has done this to Superman with a punch and a slam?
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zcq2o2.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/35ml0mu.jpg

Scan me bra!

And Zoom is traveling faster than Flash when Flash hits him. It's unlikely the full effects of speed are felt when both are moving at such high speeds. Maybe if he was standing still.
Though I have my issues with Flash's power too. Also scans of Flash bloodying up Superman?

He hit Zoom once in a series of confusing after images. Like I said, it's almost the same as when WW hit him initially. But when she actually connected with him, he was stunned as shit.

And... are you implying Zoom is anywhere near Superman's durability? I'm not saying he's street level, but he's certainly not WW durability... someone who Prime knocked out when he was weaker. Which makes him pretty much glass against Prime.

But anyway, Johns also wrote this:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/12dam.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/15dam.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/19dam.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/20dam.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/21dam.jpg

But those facts, just like everything else I've mentioned on Zoom's behalf, probably don't matter, right? We'll go ahead and find a way to low-ball a bit more, right? Go ahead and ignore every point but figure out a way to argue more. thumb up

You having qualms with those feats doesn't make them any less canon. Also, unless Prime now possesses Wally-speed, I'm not sure why you even bothered posting that scene? Wally=/=Prime.

Anyhow, Wally even mentions the fact that he required an amp just to contend with n00b Zoom the first time:
...So I'm not sure how he was "barely keeping up" with him in that scene..?

I did like Zoom shrugging off Wally's near-c shove, though:
thumb up It doesn't make them less canon, but it brings out questions about the initial speed being displayed in his first appearance. Obviously.
Wally was a little girl the first time around. His next set of appearances with Zoom had him being a lot more confident, and not being so in the dark.

Because Wally's speed alone wasn't enough to take out Prime. Wally's speed wasn't enough to not get hit by Prime. If Wally is only slightly under Zoom, then it stands to contention Zoom won't turn him into a statue.

Because he became a better Flash. Wally went through a lot of shit in 20 issues. He might think he wasn't more powerful, but he obviously was and he was pissed off at Zoom making him watch his wife miscarry so many times.
And this was the same Wally who took on Prime with Bart and Jay, and a bunch of other Flashes.

In what world is 100 thousand miles a second near light speed?
And in what world is shrugging off a push when you're only going slightly slower supposed to be a good feat?

And since this is the only part where you address speed... here is Bizarro grabbing Zoom after barely losing a race to him:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ci7bpl.png

Zoom is utterly unhittable

However, I will say this. Zoom's first appearance in a bubble makes him twice as formidable as he turned out to be. Maybe he would make Prime a literal statue using those appearances, maybe he would. But that would also be Zoom lacking power...
But unfortunately for Zoom, his other appearances go against this without directly contradicting his first appearances (except maybe that Superman statue one, although that has an explanation).

Mindset

I'll put my dick in your mouth
thumb up

Sundipped
Nope, it only took one Bart.

Jay and Wally were just cheer leading.

But I didn't see any pompoms.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sundipped
But I didn't see any pompoms.
They were moving too fast for you to see them.

Branlor Swift
thumb up I feel like everyone of Galan's posts were leading into that moment.

Sundipped
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
They were moving too fast for you to see them.

Was this before or after Jay's hv facial?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Sundipped
Was this before or after Jay's hv facial?
Both

Galan007
I see you lied once again Galan. I had to comment on the fact that you were putting words in my mouth, though. I just hadta!

The argument IS boring, though. Wasn't lying about that.

But that's exactly what you're (or at least others have) arguing Others=/=me.

You're not just putting words in my mouth, but ENTIRE ARGUMENTS. Crikey. Can't say anyone else has ever fabricated entire arguments on my behalf before. thumb up

WW has done this to Superman with a punch and a slam?
http://i39.tinypic.com/1zcq2o2.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/35ml0mu.jpg

Scan me bra!She made Superman's mouth bleed with 2(restrained) head-strikes here:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17067583/2.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17067582/1.jpg.html

And appeared to cause some sort of damage with 2 strikes here:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17067804/3.jpg.html

Do I really need to post a bunch of Dianna and Flash's fights for you to realize that Zoom suffering a bloody mouth from their strikes isn't a low showing by any means?

And... are you implying Zoom is anywhere near Superman's durability? No, I never said that. What I DID say is that Dianna and Flash injuring Zoom to an extent doesn't constitute Zoom having a 'glass jaw'(like you've said multiple times), given the opponents the aforementioned have injured with their blows.

But anyway, Johns also wrote this:
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/12dam.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/15dam.jpg

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/19dam.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/20dam.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/21dam.jpg You were so quick to cry PIS when I mentioned Prime's showings in Teen Titans, so I dropped it... But now you're posting this in an effort to downplay Zoom even more than you already have? Nice double-standard you've got there. thumb up

In that case, what do you think about Wonder Girl fighting evenly with Prime for an extended period of time?:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068079/5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068080/6.jpg.html

10 pages later, and she's still trucking right along:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068080/6.jpg.html
Note that Connor popped in and cracked Prime's mouth open with one hit in the above scan.

...Shouldn't be a surprise, though. Connor's always been able to rock Prime:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068101/10.jpg.html

Oh, and Johns also wrote Bart single-handedly overpowering Prime(albeit momentarily) and punching the bejesus out of him:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068082/8.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068083/9.jpg.html

And again here:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17068078/4.jpg.html

Logic, right? duryes

Because Wally's speed alone wasn't enough to take out Prime. Correction: his speed wasn't enough to drop Prime into the speed force alone, which is why the other Flashes were required.

And this was the same Wally who took on Prime with Bart and Jay, and a bunch of other Flashes.In the end, it took all of those Flashes to force Prime into the speed force. Not sure why that is relevant here..?

In what world is 100 thousand miles a second near light speed?
And in what world is shrugging off a push when you're only going slightly slower supposed to be a good feat? "Over 100k miles/second"=near-c in my world. sneer

And since this is the only part where you address speed... here is Bizarro grabbing Zoom after barely losing a race to him:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ci7bpl.png

Zoom is utterly unhittableCuz Zoom was totally trying to avoid Biz grabbing him, right?

The low-balling truly is astounding. Good job grasping at straws this extensively. thumb up

abhilegend
She forced Supes to enter a berserker rage state that he would never enter without said manipulation:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17062287_wonder_woman_175_14.jpg
^^That Supes=/=standard Supes. Unarguable.

And WW #219 was obviously released after Dianna/Zoom's battle in WW #214, thus is entirely irrelevant to Dianna's comment regarding Zoom's punching power.
He wasn't amped in any way or form. Its all his own strength.

That was written by the same writer and it was only two issues later.

Sundipped
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Both As you can see, I have a very childish imagination

Fixed thumb up

Branlor Swift
I had to comment on the fact that you were putting words in my mouth, though. I just hadta!

Penis stuff And yet the only words you can point out are "Billions of Superman punches".
You have a lot to say Galan. You are quick to find scans when you can prove it. You are quick to point out quotes that go against things. Yet you like to dance around issues you can't prove like this in a way proves your point. You think I don't notice this? You think I don't notice when I ask you when WW has made Superman bleed (though I didn't actually ask that, that was you misinterpreting the question) and you have the scans in multiples, yet you can't prove Zoom has put down anyone durable? You can point out a very specific point, yet you can't cite other examples of me putting my dick in your mouth?
So should I keep asking when you can't prove something? Or would it be better if I just dropped it? Would that excite your dickhole?

Because you literally can not back up your stance. I'm not sure boring is the right term to use though, as opposed to an utter inability to actually address things. For example, and I knew you'd do this as soon as you answered and answered nothing, you are currently trying to debate the topic while trying to move me away from everything I said previously. I am definitely going to stop remembering the complete failure to back up Zoom's stopping power just because you are continuing to argue about it, yet you won't actually address it anymore.
I am going to fail to remember Zoom getting tagged because you've dropped the point.

Unless you aren't actually trying to move me away from points. In that case, you are arguing just to argue. Miniscule points being argued equal a miniscule victory for you, is that it?

And all these lies on your behalf aren't helping either.

Because that's what it would have led to if I wouldn't have discussed the possibilities. Maybe next time I'll let you finish before intervening.
However, I'm discussing it because this is common practice in Zoom fans. I've seen it a hundred times before.
In fact, I think you're actually the originator of that myth:
Well, if Zoom repeatedly hits Superman at least as hard as he was hitting Dianna, then it's definitely going to leave a mark. Originally posted by shokosugi
Superman is way more durable than Wonder Woman. He can easily withstand a few blows from Zoom. Originally posted by Galan007
A few? Sure. How about thousands? Millions?

But next time I'll be sure to ask before I make it impossible for you to make the claims. I'll be sure not to cut off where I'm sure the argument is headed. Next time I'll let you say Zoom hits a billion Superman punches before I disprove that. smile

And that's blood and damage. It's a lot I admit. But it's not Zoom being barely awake after a punch and a slam. Superman was hurt, Zoom was losing consciousness.

And do I need to requote a bunch of quotes where I'm saying that it was him being almost knocked out that that's what I'm looking at? Goodness, your reading comprehension is off the charts. I don't care about Zoom bleeding. I care about Zoom looking like he's completely out of it.

And again, like the post you quoted and ignored, I'm not saying his jaw is glass to someone like Spider-Man. I'm saying his jaw is glass to someone like Superman landing a good one. Someone like Superman Prime especially.

I see you actually choose to answer low balling as opposed to real questions.
"Hey Galan, what backs up Zoom stopping Prime? And why should we rule out everytime Zoom gets hit?"
"Uh uh uh... let me dance around that bro!"

"Hey Galan, here's some low feats of Zoom."
"Holy shit, this is unacceptable, I must answer this with more low feats!"

Maybe if I would have given an absolutely shitty argument with as many words you would have answered everything, as opposed to this current display of arguing just to argue.

And you are quick to cry PIS on almost every "Low feat". You are quick to bring up self admitted low feats in your favor, and you are quick to repeat a feat you yourself have admitted was pis. Hell, you've repeatedly stated shit about Superboy. But as soon as you find a feat that you don't misinterpret, you cry foul and go back to your admitted lowballing ways.
But anyway:
And the TT one is a blatant low feat. Like the only one where he legitimately gets put down. Too bad it's not relevant to pillow fists Zoom though.

You are now using the only real time Prime has been put down as proof. And Prime's easily defeated Wonder Girl like 3 or 4 times before that. It can easily be explained as him being more drained than normal.
But I've said one feat of Prime's was low. You on the other hand, have called even feats you yourself brought up low feats. You have tried to damage control almost every feat you and I have posted with the title of "low balling".
Zoom blitzes Superman, but I point out him getting touched by things under Prime (and failing to do any damage to Batman and Superman)? Low balling. Zoom beats up blind Wonder Woman, fails to KO her, and gets tagged? Low balling. Zoom gets tagged by Kal-L? Low balling. The only thing you apparently want to use for Zoom's speed is his first appearance... even though you've posted so many scans for Zoom (apparently we can't point out faults in those scans though). And I've pointed out his speed looking back on it not being all that. So what are we allowed to use Galan? What am I - someone arguing for Prime - supposed to use for proving Zoom is capable of being hit? Not your scans apparently. Not my scans where Wally on his own is almost just as fast and Prime reacts to Wally. And not actual low balling?
I'll get to this later though at the end of my post.

If you want to try and post low feats, you shouldn't be so insecure about your own fanboy love affair.

I have no qualms about Superboy doing that, as I've stated many times. Superboy hits way harder than Zoom.

Bart punching Prime to no real effect isn't a low feat.

Looks like you purposefully left a scan out there:
http://i39.tinypic.com/ay1yty.png

And I've brought these scene up many times anyway. The Speed Force itself was getting amped. Bart was faster than he's ever been before. Which should include when he's beat Zoom.

But here's what happens when Prime reacts:
http://i43.tinypic.com/34euukz.jpg

The Flashes don't appear for the rest of the issue, when even Robin is able to follow the battle.

Also, I find your damage control funny considering none of those feats even back up Zoom beating Prime. On the other hand, you're replying to a set of scans where Damage beat Zoom, and Zoom gets knocked out by a pipe getting thrown at him.
Because you know, that totally couldn't flow into Prime hitting Zoom. What do your scans flow into Galan?

Correction: Dropping him in the speed force is the only way they could take out Prime. So in other words, Wally wasn't enough to take out Prime.
Welcome to the same spot you arrived at Galan. smile

Because it took them all to take out Prime. When one Wally is enough to almost be as fast as Zoom.

Jokingly playing it off doesn't make you close to being right. Zoom was going like half of lightspeed in that scene when he was building up speed.

He should have seen Bizarro coming at him. He should have not almost lost a race with Bizarro, and it looks like it hurt him. He obviously didn't like it.

Anyway, to continue an earlier point, based on scans posted so far between you and me, Zoom has been hit or grabbed by (ignoring what happens in-between scans because you definitely left out scenes where he got hit in the very next scan):
He got hit by Wonder Woman. He got grabbed by her lasso (and punched). Your scans
He got punched by Kal-L. Your scans
He got chained up by GL Hal, and grabbed by WW's lasso (though he escaped both). Your scans
He got pushed at 100 thousand mps and hit by Flash who was almost keeping up with him at a lower speed. My scans
He got beat by Damage, locked in a headlock, and then knocked out by a pipe being thrown at him by Liberty Belle. My scans
He almost lost a race to Bizarro and got grabbed by Bizarro without being able to stop him. My scans

Add that up, and that's 8 times he was tagged by beings lower than Prime's speed level while he was actively moving (no telling how the Damage fight went, but considering there was you know, damage, it would have been more than one hit). And once by a Flash traveling at a questionable speed level. And that's not even actually trying to find scans of him being hit. That's just general conversation. I also previously stated he hit Power Girl a million times without damage, and in that scan Power Girl is grabbing his throat... but alas, no scan was posted.

Yet, with all this being said, you still maintain Zoom being utterly unhittable to Prime I take it?

Because that would definitely be lowballing if I thought Prime could hit Zoom after all this...

Now, I wonder if I should do that with all the scans posted who Zoom failed to knock out in this thread? Nah... that'd be lowballing too!

How does Zoom lose with such a sterling silver record?

Galan007
He wasn't amped in any way or form. Its all his own strength.

That was written by the same writer and it was only two issues later. He was in a berserker mindset that he would never enter without said manipulation. That isn't the level he normally operates at-- don't try acting like it is. I can get a mod ruling if you'd like? smile

Yes, Rucka wrote both issues. However, Dianna said that Zoom's punches hurt more than Superman's before she fought him in issue #219-- therefore the latter fight would have no bearing whatsoever on her comment regarding Zoom 5(not 2) issues prior.

@ bran:
Had another wall-o-text typed up for ya, then my laptop gave me the "your computer browser encountered an unknown error" message and shut down on me... So basically, I'm not going to retype that entire thing. Anywho, the post really wasn't much different than the ones before it: you're putting words in my mouth, low-balling Zoom's feats, acting like his slew of high-end feats don't matter, yadda yadda yadda.

I've ceased caring, though. You think Prime wins, I think Zoom wins. Obviously no one is changing their mind at this point, so the argument(s) are completely moot. /shrug

abhilegend
He was in a berserker mindset that he would never enter without said manipulation. That isn't the level he normally operates at-- don't try acting like it is. I can get a mod ruling if you'd like? smile Don't change the subject. Superman wasn't "doomsday enhanced" as you put it. He was berserker but he's not hulk. It was still harder than anything Zoom punched Wonder Woman with.

Yeah, I mistook the issue number as 217. Makes no difference. She said Zoom's punches hurt more than Superman's which was later contradicted by the same writer. Its not a proof that Zoom punches harder than superman in any way. I can post superman saying Guy Gardner Warrior hits as hard as Doomsday and Brainiac is as strong as Doomsday right before he beats them too. It wouldn't make them true either.

Galan007
Don't change the subject. Superman wasn't "doomsday enhanced" as you put it. He was berserker but he's not hulk. It was still harder than anything Zoom punched Wonder Woman with. They were Doomsday enhancements. They made Superman berserker and operate much differently than he normally would. That wasn't standard Superman, no matter how much you want it to be.

Mod ruling, then? smile

Yeah, I mistook the issue number as 217. Makes no difference. She said Zoom's punches hurt more than Superman's which was later contradicted by the same writer. a.) It still has no bearing on what Dianna said in an earlier issue.
b.) Even if it did, how exactly does it contradict anything?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the arguments here are quite clear to me...

Zoom for all his narration about him having superman level punches.. hasn't really displayed that kinda of stopping power as Bran is alluding to. You don't see his appearance and go... damn he just put down Herald lvler ______ so easily.. They just don't exist in quanity at all and we're talking about people less than prime who aren't on his resume. Zoom can and does get hit and if Prime hits him.. it will be over.

That said, and on the filp side... DC has gone explictly out of their way to make it clear Prime doesn't like fighting speedsters and has trouble with them. It doesn't make sense reallly, but they have made this point crystal clear. So Zoom being a speedster means you'd almost, by default, what to say Zoom would win.. or at the very least... make Prime flee after a brief confrontation.

Hard to say whihc paragraph is more likely to happen in a comic... my opinion is.. that in a comic zoom probably gets the better of the fight but can't put prime down.. and himself decides to leave after getting tagged once and not wanting to feel that again.

abhilegend
They were Doomsday enhancements. They made Superman berserker and operate much differently than he normally would. That wasn't standard Superman, no matter how much you want it to be.

Mod ruling, then? smile

a.) It still has no bearing on what Dianna said in an earlier issue.
b.) Even if it did, how exactly does it contradict anything?
They were not any enhancements, they were just the physical form of his rage and grief. Superman was berserker but its no different than a mindcontrol berserker rage. You can go to mods if you want though. I've no problem with acknowledging that it wasn't standard superman as long as you admit his strength wasn't amped.

1. Of course it has, it contradicts her statement.

2. The myth that Zoom punches harder than superman gets busted.

Galan007
They were not any enhancements, they were just the physical form of his rage and grief. Superman was berserker but its no different than a mindcontrol berserker rage. You can go to mods if you want though. I've no problem with acknowledging that it wasn't standard superman as long as you admit his strength wasn't amped.

1. Of course it has, it contradicts her statement.

2. The myth that Zoom punches harder than superman gets busted. I never said his strength was increased. I said he was berserker and operating much differently than he would without said mental tampering.

Why? Because a sunamped Superman punched her hard enough to make her nose/mouth bleed a trickle? Just a little FYI: sunamped Superman=/=standard Superman. Should I post scans of what a sunamped Supes was able to do to Darkseid? smile

sacred108
Zoom wins

Branlor Swift
He was in a berserker mindset that he would never enter without said manipulation. That isn't the level he normally operates at-- don't try acting like it is. I can get a mod ruling if you'd like? smile

Yes, Rucka wrote both issues. However, Dianna said that Zoom's punches hurt more than Superman's before she fought him in issue #219-- therefore the latter fight would have no bearing whatsoever on her comment regarding Zoom 5(not 2) issues prior.

@ bran:
Had another wall-o-text typed up for ya, then my laptop gave me the "your computer browser encountered an unknown error" message and shut down on me... So basically, I'm not going to retype that entire thing. Anywho, the post really wasn't much different than the ones before it: you're putting words in my mouth, low-balling Zoom's feats, acting like his slew of high-end feats don't matter, yadda yadda yadda.

I've ceased caring, though. You think Prime wins, I think Zoom wins. Obviously no one is changing their mind at this point, so the argument(s) are completely moot. /shrug Last word

quanchi112
Prime, easily.

Decimus
Prime because he made anti-monitor his ***** randomly.... zoom never will have a feat to compare to that ever.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Decimus
Prime because he made anti-monitor his ***** randomly.... zoom never will have a feat to compare to that ever. Am was greatly weakened so don't blow it out of proportion.

Warlord
I guess Bran makes a fine case. Scemantics aside, the fact that Zoom dosn't casually stomped herald levelers in his average apearances couppled with the fact that he can and will be hit by Prime makes it a win for Superboy

Decimus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Am was greatly weakened so don't blow it out of proportion.
Since the antimatter he is composed of is weaker by would u say a few standard deviations lol. Come on zoom and flash could beat superman but they have met someone with a plot device more powerful than the ones they possess -pre-crisis force wink

abhilegend
I never said his strength was increased. I said he was berserker and operating much differently than he would without said mental tampering. He was berserker, that's it. Good for you to acknowledge he wasn't amped.

There you go again. Superman wasn't said to be sunamped anywhere, in fact Diana was waving kryptonite in his face when he punched her. When he actually gets sunamped people notice it, wonder woman never once noticed he was sun amped in that fight. He also knocked her out which Zoom failed to do.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Decimus
Since the antimatter he is composed of is weaker by would u say a few standard deviations lol. Come on zoom and flash could beat superman but they have met someone with a plot device more powerful than the ones they possess -pre-crisis force wink Still weakened any way you slice it.

quanchi112
He was berserker, that's it. Good for you to acknowledge he wasn't amped.

There you go again. Superman wasn't said to be sunamped anywhere, in fact Diana was waving kryptonite in his face when he punched her. When he actually gets sunamped people notice it, wonder woman never once noticed he was sun amped in that fight. He also knocked her out which Zoom failed to do. He was sun amped. He was that close to the sun so quit trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Galan007
There you go again. Superman wasn't said to be sunamped anywhere, in fact Diana was waving kryptonite in his face when he punched her. When he actually gets sunamped people notice it, wonder woman never once noticed he was sun amped in that fight. He also knocked her out which Zoom failed to do. Does this not constitute a sunamp in your world?:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082718_Wonder_Woman_v2_219_07.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082719_Wonder_Woman_v2_219_08.jpg

How about this?:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082788_Superman-Batman_013-007.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082791_Superman-Batman_013-008.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082795_Superman-Batman_013-009.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082799_Superman-Batman_013-010.jpg

Are you incapable of adding 2+2 by yourself?

abhilegend
Does this not constitute a sunamp in your world?:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082718_Wonder_Woman_v2_219_07.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082719_Wonder_Woman_v2_219_08.jpg That wasn't a sun amp in any sense of the world. They were not on top of the sun as Rucka clarified that they were near venus in an interview and even discarding that diana was waving kryptonite at his face. Diana never noticed any difference between superman before he went to the sun and after.

That was a sunamp. Before that Darkseid was backhanding him away and shit.

I don't think you should go to petty insults for something like this.

Galan007
That wasn't a sun amp in any sense of the world. They were not on top of the sun as Rucka clarified that they were near venus in an interview and even discarding that diana was waving kryptonite at his face. Diana never noticed any difference between superman before he went to the sun and after. The hell? If Superman moves THAT close to the sun, he is unarguably being amped beyond his normal levels. It doesn't need to be explicitly stated for us to still know how his power works. srsly

Want me to get a mod ruling on the scene?

I don't think you should go to petty insults for something like this. Sorry, but sometimes you just make no sense at all, and seem to argue just to argue.

abhilegend
The hell? If Superman moves THAT close to the sun, he is unarguably being amped beyond his normal levels. It doesn't need to be explicitly stated for us to still know how his power works. srsly Not if kryptonite is being waved at his face. Synthetic kryptonite has nearly killed an actual sunamped superman in moments.

What's up with this mod ruling stuff?

Heh, could be said about you too at this point.

carver9
Does this not constitute a sunamp in your world?:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082718_Wonder_Woman_v2_219_07.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082719_Wonder_Woman_v2_219_08.jpg

How about this?:
http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082788_Superman-Batman_013-007.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082791_Superman-Batman_013-008.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082795_Superman-Batman_013-009.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/17082799_Superman-Batman_013-010.jpg

Are you incapable of adding 2+2 by yourself?

thumb up

Don't see how anyone can argue against this.

Galan007
Not if kryptonite is being waved at his face. Synthetic kryptonite has nearly killed an actual sunamped superman in moments. Dianna was punched back to earth before she ever got a chance to use the k-nite offensively, so that is an entirely moot point.

What's up with this mod ruling stuff? It's easier than arguing with a block wall.

Heh, could be said about you too at this point. Right, because I didn't post scans that prove you wrong or anything...

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
thumb up

Don't see how anyone can argue against this. Not even quanchi is trying to argue it, so that should tell you something right there.

carver9

It's easier than arguing with a block wall.

@Galen..

And this is the reason why you are having a hard time.

abhilegend
Dianna was punched back to earth before she ever got a chance to use the k-nite offensively, so that is an entirely moot point. LOLWUT? She was almost shoving it in his face at that point. You are talking like it has to touch superman or something.

Which you're being right now.

You posted scans which proved opposite of what you say. Look what happened to an actual sunamped superman by synthetic kryptonite.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17085955_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-19.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17085956_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-20.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17085957_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-21.jpg

He had to be helped by his robots within moments of exposure. That's the only interaction between a sunamped superman and kryptonite.

Not to mention there was no difference in superman noted by diana. You're just being obtuse now.

abhilegend
Not even quanchi is trying to argue it, so that should tell you something right there.
Agreeing with carver doesn't helps your case here.

quanchi112
Agreeing with carver doesn't helps your case here. He proved his case with a scan. You tried citing another writers work with synthetic k-nite aka a different variable altogether. He was amped.

carver9
He proved his case with a scan. You tried citing another writers work with synthetic k-nite aka a different variable altogether. He was amped.

thumb up

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Galan007
He proved his case with a scan. You tried citing another writers work with synthetic k-nite aka a different variable altogether. He was amped. thumb up

Aside from that, the scans abhi posted are from The Man of Tomorrow #13, released in 1999. Wonder Woman #219(the issue where sunamped Supes and Dianna fought) was released in 2005. This is important because in 2004(just one year before he battled Dianna), *standard* Superman(ie. not sunamped) was able to WEAR a f*cking k-nite ring, and use it to own Kara in the fire-pits of Apokolips, without "nearly dying":
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17088067_Superman-Batman_012-006.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17088069_Superman-Batman_012-007.jpg
(Superman/Batman #12.)

And ironically enough, in one of the scans abhi posted Superman outright TELLS US that being within close vicinity to the sun earlier in the issue had still boosted his resistance to k-nite, even when he was back on earth fighting the heroes:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17088078_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-21.jpg
"If I hadn't spent so much time recently near the sun, I'd be dead! My friends... Would have killed me!"

Yet Dianna pulling out a piece of k-nite...but never getting a chance to do anything with it...when they were both RIGHT BY the sun...supposedly depowered Superman in any way/shape/form? I suppose that bit of logic is all fine and dandy, IF you're comfortable ignoring Superman's character history as a whole. /shrug

celeyhyga17
This thread is full of win!

Galan007
Not to mention there was no difference in superman noted by diana. You're just being obtuse now. I'm being obtuse, eh?

Answer this question with a "yes" or "no" only:
Does moving close to the sun increase Superman's powers?

abhilegend
thumb up

Aside from that, the scans abhi posted are from The Man of Tomorrow #13, released in 1999. Wonder Woman #219(the issue where sunamped Supes and Dianna fought) was released in 2005. This is important because in 2004(just one year before he battled Dianna), *standard* Superman(ie. not sunamped) was able to WEAR a f*cking k-nite ring, and use it to own Kara in the fire-pits of Apokolips, without "nearly dying":
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17088067_Superman-Batman_012-006.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17088069_Superman-Batman_012-007.jpg
(Superman/Batman #12.)

And ironically enough, in one of the scans abhi posted Superman outright TELLS US that being within close vicinity to the sun earlier in the issue had still boosted his resistance to k-nite, even when he was back on earth fighting the heroes:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17088078_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-21.jpg
"If I hadn't spent so much time recently near the sun, I'd be dead! My friends... Would have killed me!"

Yet Dianna pulling out a piece of k-nite...but never getting a chance to do anything with it...when they were both RIGHT BY the sun...supposedly depowered Superman in any way/shape/form? I suppose that bit of logic is all fine and dandy, IF you're comfortable ignoring Superman's character history as a whole. /shrug
Meh, that's Jeph Loeb's superman who can shrug off his entire blood turned to kryptonite and a kryptonite sword through his heart but died from a few kryptonite bullets. Using that kind of writing to prove anything is failworthy.

Not near the sun, on the surface of the sun.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17088255_week16-1999-SupesMOT-13-02-03.jpg

Also if a sunamped superman was brought to his knees by synthetic kryptonite, a normal superman who was exposed to it wouldn't have got much of an amp, did he?Originally posted by Galan007
I'm being obtuse, eh?

Answer this question with a "yes" or "no" only:
Does moving close to the sun increase Superman's powers?
Of course it does. I've a question for you, what does kryptonite do to superman? You are doing the same thing for superman here as you did for zoom, for all your speculation you can't produce any scan which says superman was amped there. Just like you can't produce any scan showing Zoom beating a single top tier. I can produce all the scans of superman getting an amp by going near sun, it has always spelled out for us. I wonder why it isn't stated here?

Galan007
Jesus christ. facepalm

I went ahead and asked for a mod ruling, because frankly, you seem incapable of grasping even the most simplistic of concepts, and are arguing just to argue. I'm just wasting my time at this point.

You may have the last word now.

abhilegend
Hahaha, I'm sure you did this with bran too. I respect you too much to go to that route though. Just accept that everybody is wrong sometimes.

carver9
Jesus christ. facepalm

I went ahead and asked for a mod ruling, because frankly, you seem incapable of grasping even the most simplistic of concepts, and are arguing just to argue. I'm just wasting my time at this point.

thumb up

Good posts by the way Galan.

h1a8
Comics don't always work realistically. Writers may not meant for Superman to have an amp just because he was close to the sun. It's all about writer's intentions. Is there any evidence that the writer intended for Superman to have an amp?
If not then does showings trump obvious intentions?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Zoom is powerful, but I honestly don't think he'd beat Superman, much less Superboy Prime, despite his fragile mentality.

I just don't think it's possible for him to put Clark down. Can he even hurt him with attacks? Maybe he can use some speed trick I'm forgetting to win, otherwise sooner or later, Prime tags him with a punch or an aoe attack.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Jesus christ. facepalm

Just figuring this out now?

Galan007
Originally posted by h1a8
Comics don't always work realistically. Writers may not meant for Superman to have an amp just because he was close to the sun. It's all about writer's intentions. Is there any evidence that the writer intended for Superman to have an amp?
If not then does showings trump obvious intentions? We KNOW that Superman becomes more powerful the closer he is to the sun(this has been established several times now.) Thus an amp doesn't have to be explicitly mentioned for us to still know he became more powerful... Suggesting otherwise is to blatantly ignore his entire character history.

Example: if Popeye eats spinach, but doesn't explicitly say that he became stronger after doing so, does that mean he didn't get stronger? Obviously not. Why? Because we KNOW what spinach does to Popeye, thanks to previously-established showings... Same basic concept applies to Superman and the sun.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Just figuring this out now?
Hey, you still didn't respond to our "debate" on ICT.

h1a8
We KNOW that Superman becomes more powerful the closer he is to the sun(this has been established several times now.) Thus an amp doesn't have to be explicitly mentioned for us to still know he became more powerful... Suggesting otherwise is to blatantly ignore his entire character history.

Example: if Popeye eats spinach, but doesn't explicitly say that he became stronger after doing so, does that mean he didn't get stronger? Obviously not. Why? Because we KNOW what spinach does to Popeye, thanks to previously-established showings... Same basic concept applies to Superman and the sun. I understand this. But you haven't answered my question. Does writer's intentions trump what has been shown or established in the pass? If so then you are right. If not then you may be wrong here. I'm not sure either way, so that's why I'm asking

Galan007
Originally posted by h1a8
I understand this. But you haven't answered my question. Does writer's intentions trump what has been shown or established in the pass? If so then you are right. If not then you may be wrong here. I'm not sure either way, so that's why I'm asking I do not believe the 'intent' of one writer should contradict/negate the entire established history of a character, no.

But again: an amp not being explicitly mentioned in that scene doesn't mean we cannot discern for ourselves what happens to Superman when he moves closer to the sun... As the same thing has happened to Supes every single time he's moved within close vicinity to sun on panel: his power is increased/amped. Tbh, the burden of proof would fall on you to prove that he wasn't amped in that scene, given his extensive history that suggests otherwise.

eaebiakuya
Why Superman moved to the Sun in that fight ?

ODG
^ He thought he was fighting Doomsday instead of Wonder Woman and went all-out against her and tried to toss him (her) into the Sun.

carver9

But again: an amp not being explicitly mentioned in that scene doesn't mean we cannot discern for ourselves what happens to Superman when he moves closer to the sun... As the same thing has happened to Supes every single time he's moved within close vicinity to sun on panel: his power is increased/amped. Tbh, the burden of proof would fall on you to prove that he wasn't amped in that scene, given his extensive history that suggests otherwise.

thumb up

Provide those scans H1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.