Just got a PS3 Slim...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
Hi everyone here! I just got myself a ps3 slim and need some recommendations for the platform...

I got Diablo 3 on the way and now I'm looking for games that include up to 4 people, up till this point I have not own a console for the last 7-8 years (last 1 was ps2). Good example is Chocobo Racing, something similar to this OR like Maria racing + party etc...

AND last question! Which controller is worth the buck for ps3 at the moment? Sadly my ps3 slim comes with a snakebyte controller (wire), are these good? Should I continue to purchase them or get real ps3 dualshock controllers (pricecy), but here another problem, should I get the slim controller or regular ps3 dualshocks? Any other outside company brand just as good?

Thanks guys!

atv2
I think either way would be fine. Both have their pros and cons to them but would be worth getting for the PS3. With Wired controllers they will power up from the get go they just have to be recharged and they have their indicators on them, plus there's the option with the USB cable acting as a recharger and a wire port where it could have the option of being wireless or appearing as a wired controller. Wireless controllers can be expensive even though the PS3 system is going down on its prices. If it saves money get the wired controllers first and work your way up to a wireless controller and get a USB cable that can extend about 3 feet.

atv2
Originally posted by atv2
I think either way would be fine. Both have their pros and cons to them but would be worth getting for the PS3. With Wired controllers they will power up from the get go they just have to be recharged and they have their indicators on them, plus there's the option with the USB cable acting as a recharger and a wire port where it could have the option of being wireless or appearing as a wired controller. Wireless controllers can be expensive even though the PS3 system is going down on its prices. If it saves money get the wired controllers first and work your way up to a wireless controller and get a USB cable that can extend about 3 feet.

Just realized I messed up a bit on the wired controllers. The Wired controllers have their energy from the start upon inserting it into the console. However if the wire on the controller dies out then the controller dies out as well. Now with the wireless controllers, a usb cable can be connected as if playing with a wired controller and if the usb gets chewed out or messed then it is only required to get another USB cable since the controller can operate independently as long as it has energy.

Astner
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Astner
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.

Bardock42
I don't know exactly what you mean with "up to 4 people" but I'll assume you mean co-op or competitive games. For co-op games there's a great resource: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/2/playstation-3.html you can filter how many players and some other stuff. And this is a big list of games including competitive ones that have offline multiplayer http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Lounge/List-of-OFFLINE-Multiplayer-Games-for-the-PS3-Additions-needed/td-p/10059116

Games that are definitely worth checking out for offline multiplayer are Left 4 Dead, Borderlands, Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends (these are similar to New Super Mario Brothers), Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (similar to Mario Kart) and perhaps Resident Evil 5...

Regarding games that are good single player, I would definitely suggest The Last of Us and Heavy Rain (they are both very serious, heavy games though). The aforementioned Demon's Souls is a very good game, if you are into that kind of thing.

Regarding controllers, I have sixaxis controllers and I hate them. I dislike the design of Sony's controllers immensely, but haven't really played enough PS3 to get myself to buy a different one (I'm more of an Xbox guy). I would try something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388871857&sr=8-1&keywords=ps3+xbox+controller but I can't personally recommend it

BackFire
The Uncharted games are fun as well. Last of Us should be top priority though, game's astounding and brilliant.

ThorinWoofer
Grand Theft Auto V

BlackZero30x
Like mentioned Dark Souls. Keep in mind though you can only play with up to two other people and it can be VERY time consuming for noobs to the game.

DC Universe Online is a free to download/free to play. Not the greatest mmo but it is at least worth the price.

and if you are looking for any single player games Infamous is wonderful!

I really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption and the uncharted games. They have decent mutiplayer.

Astor Ebligis
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game on the system, but requires experience with the previous games in the series to fully appreciate it.

Flower and Journey are also amazing if you can appreciate those kinds of games.

Smasandian
MGS4 is a very good game (not the best though) but you don't need any experience to fully appreciate it.

It does a pretty long winded way of telling you what happened and what is going on. I never played any of the MGS series and I understood most of what was going on.

Astor Ebligis
I think MGS is the one series I can think of that manages to deliver exposition in a manner that isn't long-winded, largely thanks to the amazing chemistry between Snake and Otacon and how well the conversations are scripted through the briefing files and codex calls in general.

Anyway not only is appreciation not solely about understanding (for one you won't get the same emotional connection with the game and its characters as you would if you had played the others) but what you're saying is flat out untrue, in fact the vast majority of the plots twists are basically meaningless without knowing about the events from the other games. It was one of the major criticisms of the game from most people that I knew who played it and several reviewers.

AsbestosFlaygon
Rockstar games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.