Classic Loki takes on the Heralds of Galactus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Loki, as he was during the Surtur Saga, runs a gauntlet of Galactus's Heralds...

Loki is restored to full strength after every round of combat and all fights are to the Death or KO with no BFR allowed...

How far does Loki get?

1) Nova (Frankie Raye)...
2) Air Walker...
3) Terrax...
4) Firelord...
5) Morg...
6) Silver Surfer...

Rage.Of.Olympus
1) Loki.
2) Loki.
3) Loki.
4) Loki.
5) Hmm, this is a tough one. My gut says Loki should win, because even though he may not be quite as powerful as Surfer when it comes to raw energy blasting on a big scale, he has a lot of other things going on. Loki's illusions should be able to overcome even stuff like Cosmic Awareness (We've even seen Loki use his mental powers to successfully manipulate Surfer), and with the firesword in hand, Loki's actually more formidable in close combat if Thor is anything to judge them by. And the usual advantages for Surfer like weakness exploitation, versatility etc. really don't mean anything against Loki. That being said, Surfer is still Surfer, and I respect his power. Hmm, maybe 5/10 or edge to whoever you prefer more.

zopzop
Stops HARD at a non-jobbing 3.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Terrax? He's mostly a brute. Loki would eat his ass alive with a few misdirections tricks imo.

zopzop
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Terrax? He's mostly a brute. Loki would eat his ass alive with a few misdirections tricks imo. \
That's why I said non-jobbing.

Dampyre
Loki has never been anything more than Thor's whipping boy. He stops hard at either 3 or 4.

pym-ftw
Stops @5

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Dampyre
Loki has never been anything more than Thor's whipping boy. He stops hard at either 3 or 4.

Smh.

If we want to over generalize, that's a pretty accurate description of Surfer.

Also, are we going to pretend that if Thor wasn't pushed to the brink by Firelord or Terrax like Loki does, that he wouldn't absolutely stomp the shit out of them? Not to mention, Loki's done better against then a herald could ever dream of doing, and the Odinson has a specific weapon to counter Loki's powerset.

Originally posted by zopzop
\
That's why I said non-jobbing.

What if we're using a high end Loki?

Branlor Swift
1) Loki.
2) Loki.
3) Loki.
4) Loki.
5) Hmm, this is a tough one. My gut says Loki should win, because even though he may not be quite as powerful as Surfer when it comes to raw energy blasting on a big scale, he has a lot of other things going on. Loki's illusions should be able to overcome even stuff like Cosmic Awareness (We've even seen Loki use his mental powers to successfully manipulate Surfer), and with the firesword in hand, Loki's actually more formidable in close combat if Thor is anything to judge them by. And the usual advantages for Surfer like weakness exploitation, versatility etc. really don't mean anything against Loki. That being said, Surfer is still Surfer, and I respect his power. Hmm, maybe 5/10 or edge to whoever you prefer more. I agree, he doesn't make it to 6

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I agree, he doesn't make it to 6

Oops. My bad. Make that a 6, and knock down the other numbers down by one.

Morg is powerful but he's someone Loki would have a field day with unless he decides to go punch for punch. Basically something that plays to Morg's strengths and completely ignores Loki's advantages. But that's not likely.

zopzop
What if we're using a high end Loki?
Sure can we use a High End Terrax? You know the guy that goes up against High Heralds like Morg and holds his own for an extended period of time, or the guy that (while weakened) took on the New Warriors and FF and was beating them till Surfer jumped in and saved them, or the guy that outputs enough raw power to lift the entire island of Manhattan into orbit or bust a planet?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop
Sure can we use a High End Terrax? You know the guy that goes up against High Heralds like Morg and holds his own for an extended period of time, or the guy that (while weakened) took on the New Warriors and FF and was beating them till Surfer jumped in and saved them, or the guy that outputs enough raw power to lift the entire island of Manhattan into orbit or bust a planet?

Go ahead.

Loki still wins though btw.

Branlor Swift
Rage is getting zopped badly

And I have a feeling he doesn't enjoy it

Naija boy
Stops at 5.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage is getting zopped badly

And I have a feeling he doesn't enjoy it

I'm not even sure why he thinks those feats would change my mind. If he's read any of my posts about Loki the last few days, he should realize that nothing he listed there is even on par, much less superior to Loki's best feats.

Branlor Swift
I'm not even sure why he thinks those feats would change my mind. If he's read any of my posts about Loki the last few days, he should realize that nothing he listed there is even on par, much less superior to Loki's best feats. Appealing to the crowd isn't going to save you from a zopping.
Once he zops his mind to something you might as well be in cage with him

Rage.Of.Olympus
Appealing to the crowd isn't going to save you from a zopping.
Once he zops his mind to something you might as well be in cage with him

I'm not scared. I'll zop his ******* so hard that he'll zop for more.

LeonBuco666
He turns them all to salt.

Dampyre
Smh.

If we want to over generalize, that's a pretty accurate description of Surfer.

Aside from the jobfest Blood and Thunder arc the Surfer has never lost to Thor in battle that I'm aware of. It's funny how folks use that one arc to define the whole history between these two. That was an over-the-top portrayal of Thor.

Dampyre

Also, are we going to pretend that if Thor wasn't pushed to the brink by Firelord or Terrax like Loki does, that he wouldn't absolutely stomp the shit out of them? Not to mention, Loki's done better against then a herald could ever dream of doing, and the Odinson has a specific weapon to counter Loki's powerset.

Firelord has done quite well against Thor and against Thor and Hercules together. Loki just gets raped and there's nothing exotic about the beatings, just hammer and fist.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Aside from the jobfest Blood and Thunder arc the Surfer has never lost to Thor in battle that I'm aware of. It's funny how folks use that one arc to define the whole history between these two. That was an over-the-top portrayal of Thor.

So Surfer's history with Thor can be summarized as him: Getting beat the f*ck up more then once against an enraged Thor, holding his own against a regular Thor to some extent, and another occasion admitting complete inferiority. Seems very much like Loki, doesn't it?

Like I said, if you want to describe Loki's relationship with Thor as you did, that's fine, but the same is completely true for Thor's relationship with Surfer.

Firelord has done quite well against Thor and against Thor and Hercules together. Loki just gets raped and there's nothing exotic about the beatings, just hammer and fist.

Firelord blasted Hercules/Thor standing side by side once and did nothing. erm

And yes, Firelord has held his own against Thor pretty well but so what? So has Loki. Like I said, if Firelord pushed Thor to the lengths that Loki has, Thor would absolutely wreck him. He'd beat him into a fine paste. It would be like Bill vs. Stardust, except even more one-sided with a lot more body parts flying around.

Fyi, in close combat, in such a state, Thor would tear Surfer a new one as well. As we've seen.

And Mjolnir in itself is an exotic weapon. For example: Balder cut off Loki's head and it did absolutely nothing. Thor broke Loki's arm with Mjolnir and it's a wound that would be forced to heal naturally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.