Sebastian Shaw vs Kurse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
Bloodlusted deathmatch in Times Square
Who takes it?

Robtard
Shaw has the potential to absorb enough energy and then release it at nuclear-bomb levels.

Simple maths.

FrothByte
Don't know how Kurse can deal with Shaw to be honest. Can Shaw absorb that burning choke hold of Kurse? Can Shaw be killed with a sharp sword maybe?

DARTH POWER
They can't hurt one another. Possible stalemate, or Shaw eventually wins if Kurse hits him with enough power to KO himself.

KingD19
If Kurse goes directly for the life drain, I think that might take Shaw down.

Stealth Moose
Well, given that Shaw's upper limit isn't established (he's killed when he's telepathically prevented from using his powers) this could potentially go in his favor. Every form of energy from kinetic to nuclear he just soaked right up. His durability seems to be potentially strong enough.

the ninjak
OK. Shaw can absorb energy but not fast enough to absorb nuclear rods to achieve his goals. And he stood there for ages.

Kurse can drain Asgardians of their lifeforce freakin fast.

Shaw is still an Earthling.

It's a blood lusted battle so they are going straight for each other.

Do the math.

If Shaw can absorb more energy from Kurse than Kurse can take from Shaw then so be it.

But WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Shaw possibly has the advantage due to absorbing energy keeps him young. Which defies Kurse's power.

ares834
Shaw for the easy win.

the ninjak
Originally posted by ares834
Shaw for the easy win.

Exactly.

Stealth Moose
We don't know the specifics of the life drain but it's only used on mooks. Loki and Thor aren't subjected to it. Unless you believe Kurse just wants to beat them to death with his fists, it's possible they're resistant.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
We don't know the specifics of the life drain but it's only used on mooks. Loki and Thor aren't subjected to it. Unless you believe Kurse just wants to beat them to death with his fists, it's possible they're resistant.

Loki and Thor live for hundreds of years. Earthlings don't.
But a mutant like Shaw stays young via absorbing energy.
And Shaw tanked damage like nobody else. Actually he got stronger via kinetic damage.
And moved through solid steel like it was paper.

Silent Master
I don't see how anyone can see this as an easy win for Shaw, because even if he can absorb every attack without reaching his limit; he's never shown the ability to deal enough damage to beat Kurse.

KingD19
There's also the fact that Kurse's life drain seems to work exactly that way. By directly siphoning life energy from his target until they're a dead husk. Shaw really has no defense against that.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
I don't see how anyone can see this as an easy win for Shaw, because even if he can absorb every attack without reaching his limit; he's never shown the ability to deal enough damage to beat Kurse.

He beat his foot on the ground and incinerated a whole room of soldiers. And that was only with bullets and grenades.
With enough kinetic energy it would be a whole lot more.

Originally posted by KingD19
There's also the fact that Kurse's life drain seems to work exactly that way. By directly siphoning life energy from his target until they're a dead husk. Shaw really has no defense against that.
He bent reinforced steel like paper. With no effort. Kurse will resort to pounding into Shaw which will charge him. Kurse didn't have the smarts and foresight to simply grab Shaw and drain him.
Shaw's unique power allows him to move physical matter out of his way as long as he is conscious, which will piss him off.
Kurse will resort to punches and heavy strikes. Which will only charge Shaw.

It will eventuate in a stalemate in which only Shaw can win.

KingD19
Originally posted by the ninjak
He beat his foot on the ground and incinerated a whole room of soldiers.

He bent reinforced steel like paper. With no effort. Kurse will resort to pounding into Shaw which will charge him. Kurse didn't have the smarts and foresight to simply grab Shaw and drain him.
Shaw's unique power allows him to move physical matter out of his way as long as he is conscious, which will piss him off.
Kurse will resort to punches and heavy strikes. Which will only charge Shaw.

He only blew up the room after he'd been hit with a few hundred rounds of 9mm and assault rifle ammo, as well as a rocket launcher round. And that's on top of a charge he probably had previously. This is Shaw starting with nothing in his tank.

And Kurse punched energy barriers so hard they broke. Energy barriers even Loki's magic couldn't get through. He also punched Mjolnir off it's course. Even Hulk couldn't do that. And Kurse drained plenty of people without even fighting them. He'd just grab them and suck them dry. There's a good chance he'll attempt it on Shaw, and he has no defense against that.

Silent Master
He beat his foot on the ground and incinerated a whole room of soldiers. And that was only with bullets and grenades.

But there is no proof that his output can get high enough to beat Kurse.

the ninjak
He only blew up the room after he'd been hit with a few hundred rounds of 9mm and assault rifle ammo, as well as a rocket launcher round. And that's on top of a charge he probably had previously. This is Shaw starting with nothing in his tank.

And Kurse punched energy barriers so hard they broke. Energy barriers even Loki's magic couldn't get through. He also punched Mjolnir off it's course. Even Hulk couldn't do that. And Kurse drained plenty of people without even fighting them. He'd just grab them and suck them dry. There's a good chance he'll attempt it on Shaw, and he has no defense against that. Originally posted by Silent Master
But there is no proof that his output can get high enough to beat Kurse.

Exactly. With the amount of output Kurse puts out Shaw would be charged to hell.
You think he can grapple Shaw? He would simply swipe his hand. And the kinetic energy he absorbs from the resistance would be enough.
Eventually Kurse will resort to punching Shaw relentlessly. Even throwing shit at him. All will be absorbed.
Kurse can try and hold Shaw but he showed he can move his body through physical matter like it wasn't even there.
Kurse was a brute. Not a strategist.
Shaw's footstomp ability will enrage and blind Kurse. All the better.

If an Elf sword can pierce his armor then I can't see why Shaw simply can't bend it. Shaw was the closest thing to an Omega level mutant the films ever had.

KingD19
Exactly. With the amount of output Kurse puts out Shaw would be charged to hell.
You think he can grapple Shaw? He would simply swipe his hand. And the kinetic energy he absorbs from the resistance would be enough.
Eventually Kurse will resort to punching Shaw relentlessly. Even throwing shit at him. All will be absorbed.
Kurse can try and hold Shaw but he showed he can move his body through physical matter like it wasn't even there.
Kurse was a brute. Not a strategist.
Shaw's footstomp ability will enrage and blind Kurse. All the better.

If an Elf sword can pierce his armor then I can't see why Shaw simply can't bend it. Shaw was the closest thing to an Omega level mutant the films ever had.

Yea he can grapple Shaw. As the fight starts out he won't be charged. All Kurse has to do is get a good grip and the absorption process starts.

And the only time he showed he could move through matter(I'm assuming you mean the submarine scene with Magneto) was after he'd been charged by a nuclear reactor core and charged again by Magneto slamming him with bars. And that seemed to be more of him expending his energy to knock things away than just moving. Since he showed with Darwin and blowing up that room he could actually manipulate his energy for more than hitting things

Galan007
And moved through solid steel like it was paper. Fixed.

This is the same Magento who, moments prior, lifted a f*cking submarine completely out of the water and moved it to shore... Yet not even forces of that magnitude opposing Shaw were capable of giving him so much as a moment's pause. Uber as f*ck.
_______

Anyway, the unknown element here is Kurse's life drain thingy. He used it against no-name Asgardians who ran up and tried attacking him. However, mindlessly bum-rushing his opponents certainly didn't appear to be Shaw's M.O.-- he was much more calm/calculated then that. Regardless, there is no way to know for sure how that ability would affect Shaw IF Kurse even tried using it. /shrug

However, if Kurse were to fight Shaw even remotely close to how he fought Thor, he would absorb a few punches, mold the power he received from those punches into an energy ball, stuff said ball down Kurse's throat, and *KABLOOEY!* all that remains is a steaming pile of Elf parts strewn about Times Square.

IMO. smile

the ninjak
The amount of kinetic energy Shaw absorbed via the militant effort in First Class effort pales in comparison to anything Kurse would put out.
And Shaw's long lived experience (70 yrs+) with his abilities means grabbing him and simply draining him of his lifeforce is simply out of the question.

All he had to do was apply force against any oppositional force and he gains energy. You can't prove any beforehand version of himself doing otherwise. He defied physics via holding a grenade in his hands and stopping it's blast radius via containing it within his hands! and absorbing it. That feat alone was insane.

Showing that even at "apparent" low levels he could contain high outputs of kinetic energy.

You can't prove Shaw can't move his body through physical matter with no resistance even at low levels and no proof that such attempts don't charge him.

Kurse is gonna get pissed off at attempting to grapple Shaw. And as shown in Thor 2 will resort in punching and throwing crap at him.
Which will only charge Shaw up.

You can't grapple a being who can move his body anywhere he wants and can withstand any kinetic damage.
Originally posted by Galan007
Fixed.

This is the same Magento who, moments prior, lifted a f*cking submarine completely out of the water and moved it to shore... Yet not even forces of that magnitude opposing Shaw were capable of giving him so much as a moment's pause. Uber as f*ck.
_______

Anyway, the unknown element here is Kurse's life drain thingy. He used it against no-name Asgardians who ran up and tried attacking him. However, mindlessly bum-rushing his opponents certainly didn't appear to be Shaw's M.O.-- he was much more calm/calculated then that. Regardless, there is no way to know for sure how that ability would affect Shaw IF Kurse even tried using it. /shrug

However, if Kurse were to fight Shaw even remotely close to how he fought Thor, he would absorb a few punches, mold the power he received from those punches into an energy ball, stuff said ball down Kurse's throat, and then *kablooey!* all that remains is a steaming pile of Elf parts strewn about Times Square.

IMO. smile

Cheers.

Slowpoke
Do they know each other's feat? If yes Kurse would just have to pick up a blackhole grenade and throw it at him.

the ninjak
Wouldn't a blackhole grenade make Shaw strong as hell?
eek!

KingD19
No. It would suck him into a black hole.

the ninjak
The grenades didn't teleport people into another reality didn't it but crushed them into focused point?

Like creating a mini black hole at a focus point?

Shaw's wet dream.

Even if it was a teleportation device into a dark dimension, trying to force a conscious Shaw to move anywhere would amp him like crazy as he walks away.

KingD19
It actually seemed to pull them into another plane of existence(painfully). Which is how it made such clean environment destruction(pieces of stairs simply gone)

There's no evidence Shaw can resist a black hole/singularity that warps the fabrics of space-time around him to yank him into another dimension.

Mindset
Wouldn't a blackhole grenade make Shaw strong as hell?
eek! Originally posted by KingD19
No. It would suck him into a black hole. lmao

Pretty much.

the ninjak
Shame he doesn't get one big grin

KingD19
Why wouldn't he get one? You get standard gear in these fights, and he had about 2-4 on him as Angrim and he kept them as Kurse. That's the only reason Thor even beat him remember?

the ninjak
Didn't all the grenades come off elf soldiers?

KingD19
Angrim was an elf soldier; he was pretty much second in command, but he was still a soldier. He had his grenades the entire time. Malekith took a grenade off of one, but Angrim/Kurse had his own.

the ninjak
I know Malekith took one off one of his soldiers and blew up the throne. Didn't know Kurse had one though.
Why didn't anyone raise this at the beginning of the phucking thread?
At all the Kurse threads mind you.

You're mean....

Mindset
Didn't know Kurse had one though.
What did you think happened when Kurse died?

KingD19
Yeah. Thor beat Kurse by letting Kurse grab him, and when he tossed him away, he'd activated one of the black hole grenades on his belt. He couldn't get it off in time and it killed him. I think he had at least two by that point. And I'm not quite sure, but I think he used one earlier. I could be misremembering that part though.

Mindset
^ Loki

the ninjak
Originally posted by Mindset
What did you think happened when Kurse died?

Thought Loki grabbed one off a random peep. Same as the sword he thrusted into Kurse's shoulder. Kurse spent so much time beating Thor into the dirt one would've thought he would've used one by then.

Yeah. Thor beat Kurse by letting Kurse grab him, and when he tossed him away, he'd activated one of the black hole grenades on his belt. He couldn't get it off in time and it killed him. I think he had at least two by that point. And I'm not quite sure, but I think he used one earlier. I could be misremembering that part though.

Mean!!!!

Fine. I want proof the nades teleport victims into another place and not crush them into tiny balls.
Whereas Shaw tanks that shit.

Otherwise it's Game Over cause those nades ain't compromising his form via sucking him into a tiny hole.

Mindset
Loki picked up a nearby weapon, stabbed Kurse through the back. Kurse grabs Loki, impales him with the sword sticking through his chest, and while this happens Loki pulls the pin from a grenade on Kurse's belt. Kurse throws Loki away, then implosion.

There's no reason to prove that, the bomb shows more force than Shaw has ever shown to absorb. Don't use a no limits fallacy.

the ninjak
I think it's a completely fair argument to see whether the void grenades simply sucked victims into another reality OR crushed them into a ball OR crushed them into a hole into another reality.

Because I have the crazy idea Shaw can tank the later two.

Especially with the fact he held a grenade and eliminated its wideburst explosion and sucked it into himself, with people standing right next to him. Defying all physics.

Mindset
Cool, too bad you can't back it up with actual evidence.

KingD19
Shaw was shown to be able to absorb energy in First Class. He didn't defy physics to absorb the grenade. He simply absorbed the energy(explosive and kinetic) as fast or faster than it could be explosively released.

the ninjak
Well my evidence of Shaw absorbing and containing a wide burst grenade and tanking insane levels of physical pressure backs up my point better than....
Shaw disappearing into a magical grenade that crushes its victims. Which just so happens to be one of the few things Shaw is good at tanking.

Someone has to tank those nades. And Shaw is the man for the job.
Shaw was shown to be able to absorb energy in First Class. He didn't defy physics to absorb the grenade. He simply absorbed the energy(explosive and kinetic) as fast or faster than it could be explosively released.

And how does a void nade have a larger burst than the one Shaw contained?

KingD19
It doesn't have to have a larger blast radius as it's a different type of explosion. Shaw can't tank having himself pulled into a singularity. If anything the grenades are implosive and not explosive. There's nothing to tank. He'll simply get yanked into wherever those grenades take you...and be in extreme pain along the way.

Mindset
Kurse was easily able to withstand the kinetic energy of Thor's attacks.

The bomb killed Kurse just as easily.

Shaw was never shown to absorb the energy of an attack that has enough force to easily crush Kurse.

the ninjak
What a shame Shaw has to fall to a damn nade.

It's freakin sad. His kinetic absorption ain't doing anything to a black hole.

Was it clarified that the nades were mini black holes????

Kurse is a freakin beast with them. I can't see 99% of comic film characters surviving him now unless they can simply speed blitz or contain the stupid thing.

FrothByte
I doubt that Shaw can tank the blackhole grenades in the same way I doubt he can tank the vacuum of space.

Robtard
He could just as easily absorb all the energy trying to pull him in as it could suck him in. Really no way of knowing. My money is on his powers doing what it is supposed to do, absorb and energize him.

Shaw would die in space cos he seemingly needs to breathe, as temperature extremes (heat at least) and radiation don't seem to bother him at all.

FrothByte
Not sure about that. IMO I think energy needs to be directed at Shaw specifically and not the environment for him to absorb it... otherwise he should just be able to absorb gravity and keep himself powered up all the time.

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Not sure about that. IMO I think energy needs to be directed at Shaw specifically and not the environment for him to absorb it... otherwise he should just be able to absorb gravity and keep himself powered up all the time.

Seems his power level depends on the level of energy he's absorbing. Why the kinetic energy of his feet hitting the ground doesn't make him super-human on a daily basis. While absorbing the energy from many bullets and an RPG allow him to explodes a large room and balcony, or his attempt to absorb enough nuclear energy to turn himself into a nuclear bomb, which he would have survived after going boom.

The dark elf bomb would be directed at him though in this scenario, if that's your concern.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Robtard

The dark elf bomb would be directed at him though in this scenario, if that's your concern.

Do we have an example of Shaw ever absorbing a "pull" type of force? I know he absorbs impact and pushing forces easily, just thinking that the blackhole grenade is more of a "pull" and I don't remember if he ever absorbed something similar.

Say, I know he can absorb the energy of someone punching him. But would he absorb the energy of someone grabbing his shirt and pulling him?

Robtard
Originally posted by FrothByte
Do we have an example of Shaw ever absorbing a "pull" type of force? I know he absorbs impact and pushing forces easily, just thinking that the blackhole grenade is more of a "pull" and I don't remember if he ever absorbed something similar.

Say, I know he can absorb the energy of someone punching him. But would he absorb the energy of someone grabbing his shirt and pulling him?

Don't recall him ever being pulled, just his comment about "absorbing energy" which was pretty blanketed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.