Wolverine healing power vs hulk healing power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who has the best healing power between wolverine and the hulk?

8swords
I love wolverine, but hulk has the better HF, better HF feats

Mindset
Deadpool.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine.

ShadowFyre
Godzilla. Just playin Hulks is better it would seem. But Godzillas is better than both.

StiltmanFTW
Faster? Maybe. But that's it. Wolverine survived repeated decapitation.

Leave Godzilla out of this, lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Faster? Maybe. But that's it. Wolverine survived repeated decapitation.

Leave Godzilla out of this, lol.

Didn't Maestro come back from atomization at one point because of increased gamma radiation in an area? At one point Hulk got angry and even overcame being shrunk down to a small size or something of the sort.

Wolverine can also be killed through drowning but Hulk has evolved counter measures for both breathing underwater and in space.

Basically they are both practically immortal but Hulk's healing factor just like his strength, is over the top when pushed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Didn't Maestro come back from atomization at one point because of increased gamma radiation in an area? At one point Hulk got angry and even overcame being shrunk down to a small size or something of the sort.

Wolverine can also be killed through drowning but Hulk has evolved counter measures for both breathing underwater and in space.

Basically they are both practically immortal but Hulk's healing factor just like his strength, is over the top when pushed.

Can we use Maestro's feats? Hulk always had good showings against matter manipulation-esque powers.

Hulk has, yes. Was the breathing-in-space thing elaborated on in Pak's run?

Yeah, there's that... madder Hulk gets, stronger/tougher/faster healing he gets.

pym-ftw
Hulk is the strongest there is, at healing.

KingD19
Even in Hulk: The End. He'd get eaten down to almost nothing by nuke roaches on a daily basis, and then heal.

Firefly218
Wolverine is second only to Hulk

quanchi112
Hulk.

LGU
Was the breathing-in-space thing elaborated on in Pak's run?

It was never referenced explicitly by Pak, but he did write several scenes showing Hulk surviving in space with no problem. He was even shown laughing and talking in space towards the end of Planet Hulk, and he apparently spent a good chunk of the journey from Sakaar to Earth stood on top of his space-ship punching asteroids etc.

The adapting to breathe underwater thing was referenced explicitly during Jason Aaron's run, where he was again shown instantly adapting to breathe and function at the bottom of the ocean.

Cheers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by LGU
It was never referenced explicitly by Pak, but he did write several scenes showing Hulk surviving in space with no problem. He was even shown laughing and talking in space towards the end of Planet Hulk, and he apparently spent a good chunk of the journey from Sakaar to Earth stood on top of his space-ship punching asteroids etc.

The adapting to breathe underwater thing was referenced explicitly during Jason Aaron's run, where he was again shown instantly adapting to breathe and function at the bottom of the ocean.

Cheers.

Look who's here. I should introduce you to a poster named Carver. He's like a less retarded Gammared of this board.

Sin I AM
Thats limited adaption though not to be confused with healing. And they are even

Naija boy
Hulk

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by 8swords
I love wolverine, but hulk has the better HF, better HF feats

Better feats ? What feat is better than the Wolverine regen in Civil War ?

KingD19
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Better feats ? What feat is better than the Wolverine regen in Civil War ?

Getting eaten down to nothing but scraps by nuclear mutated cockroaches and healing completely.

EvilTyrant
Even, one has super dense muscle, and the other has an indestructible skeleton. So no matter how much damage they take, they're both gonna come back. Hulk faster, no adamantium poisoning he gotta deal with.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
Getting eaten down to nothing but scraps by nuclear mutated cockroaches and healing completely.

The End stories are not canon, afaik.

janus77
Hulk.

Flyattractor
Both have pretty much regened from almost nothing so I say Tie.

KingD19

True, but can you say it's something you can't see Hulk pulling off?

carver9
Its a tie.

janus77
Hulk has never been brain damaged by an opponent's fists, unlike Wolverine who was done away with by Hulk in such a manner.

Hulk has reformed from complete atomisation, something I think only Surfer has done before (though maybe Stardusts has too?). Wolverine has never been "dead" to that extent, as far as I know.

Hulk heals faster and from much more powerful attacks.

I'd say it is a question of the aggressiveness of their HFs. Wolverine's HF fixes everything, in good time.

Hulk's amps up from replacing all his flesh in a few panels to replacing chest and torso within a panel.

Overall, Hulk's HF is faster and more powerful but both will return from the dead as a result of their HFs.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk has never been brain damaged by an opponent's fists, unlike Wolverine who was done away with by Hulk in such a manner.

Hulk has reformed from complete atomisation, something I think only Surfer has done before (though maybe Stardusts has too?). Wolverine has never been "dead" to that extent, as far as I know.

Hulk heals faster and from much more powerful attacks.

I'd say it is a question of the aggressiveness of their HFs. Wolverine's HF fixes everything, in good time.

Hulk's amps up from replacing all his flesh in a few panels to replacing chest and torso within a panel.

Overall, Hulk's HF is faster and more powerful but both will return from the dead as a result of their HFs.

Theres not many people that vastly outclass Hulk like he does Wolverine either. An adamantium skull should actually lead to someone getting knocked out quicker. It in no way stops the brain from bouncing around the inside of the skull.

Im gonna say Hulks is slightly better but overall I really dont see much of a difference.If hulk loses an arm down to the bone and Wolverine does the same and they both completely heal at the same time then Hulks would be better as he has much more mass to regenerate.

janus77
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Theres not many people that vastly outclass Hulk like he does Wolverine either. An adamantium skull should actually lead to someone getting knocked out quicker. It in no way stops the brain from bouncing around the inside of the skull.

Im gonna say Hulks is slightly better but overall I really dont see much of a difference.If hulk loses an arm down to the bone and Wolverine does the same and they both completely heal at the same time then Hulks would be better as he has much more mass to regenerate.
This is a marginal issue, no doubt. Hulk and Wolverine (atleast how I recall Wolverine being portrayed) recover from pretty much any damage.

The only way to separate the HFs out was to try and establish how fast they work and what they've stood up to.

Wolverine's brain was mush for some time, yet Hulk's literally ripped out parts of his brain and had it grow right back without him missing a beat. Same is true of the WWH era torso and chest loss, happened twice and he never went down.

That's the only distinction I can see here, one works more aggressively and even prevents injury like brain damage from "taking", whilst the other doesn't, but both work to fix everything eventually.

Branlor Swift
The adamantium hinders Wolverine's healing factor iirc.

And Hulk ripped off part of his head, not part of his brain. Wolverine's brain was turned to shit from Hulk level blows. Hulk's durability protects against that greatly.
Not sure how you compare those two to figure out a more impressive one though. Both are pretty gruesome.

janus77
IIRC, it wasn't just his skull, but the actual brain matter too.

These are rough and ready comparisons, because nobody in-comics has ever sought to analyse their respective HFs. Just that from feats Hulk's is faster and more "aggressive" against damage.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by janus77
IIRC, it wasn't just his skull, but the actual brain matter too.

These are rough and ready comparisons, because nobody in-comics has ever sought to analyse their respective HFs. Just that from feats Hulk's is faster and more "aggressive" against damage. If it was, it wasn't much. Plus it wasn't really his healing factor keep him up, but rather him just being Hulk.
iirc it took him a while to regenerate from that.

Plus, logic should dictate Wolverine's brain should help his healing, and if the whole thing is mush... meh.

I'd say it's pretty close to even tbh. Wolverine basically has no durability to save him, it's like all healing factor.

janus77
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
If it was, it wasn't much. Plus it wasn't really his healing factor keep him up, but rather him just being Hulk.

Plus, logic should dictate Wolverine's brain should help his healing, and if the whole thing is mush... meh.

I'd say it's pretty close to even tbh. Wolverine basically has no durability to save him, it's like all healing factor.
Logic is never a sound basis to argue from, when it comes to comics.

I don't deny it's pretty close, and I really don't mean this to be some decisive view on the matter, just the impression I get from feats that - as you've pointed out - aren't best suited to comparison.

abhilegend
thumb up

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by KingD19
True, but can you say it's something you can't see Hulk pulling off?

Well, if his best Regen feat is reforming part of his head, then, i dont know if he can do that, or comeback from having all his body destroyed, a decaptation or atomization.

eaebiakuya
Sentry comeback from atomization. I think his HF >>> Wolverine and Hulk.

When Hulk comeback from atomization ???

abhilegend
Maestro did but he had to absorb the excess gamma radiation of the site where banner was transformed into hulk in the first place. The fact that he got atomized by the gamma bomb is itself lulzworthy.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
If it was, it wasn't much. Plus it wasn't really his healing factor keep him up, but rather him just being Hulk.

I'd say it's pretty close to even tbh. Wolverine basically has no durability to save him, it's like all healing factor. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/head1.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/head2.jpg

TheGodKiller
Hulk has the better hf.

Enzeru
1. Sentry = Regenerated from an atom.
2. Lobo = Regenerated from his blood.
3. Martian Manhunter = Regenerated from a limb and I think maybe also his blood, but it took him longer than Lobo.
4. Deadpool = Regenerated from being a pile of blob-like mass.
5. Hulk = Regenerated from a skeleton and overall has the fastest healing factor, since if I'm not wrong he isn't actually invulnerable, but just heals so fast that it looks like he is, yet limitations are most likely there.
6. Wolverine = Regenerated from a skeleton, but that's also it - there is nothing else that's special about him.

maxivitopowe
What does sentry have to do with this thread?

Bicnarok
depends who is writing the story, in world war Hulk, the Hulk was virtually unbeatable.

maxivitopowe
Hulk

EvilTyrant
Now that I think of it, there were instances where both got damage to their eyes. Once when Skrull Wolverine stabbed Hulk in the eyes - this version of Hulk took to the end of the comic for his eyes to heal. World War Hulk got his eyes cut by X-23 & Wolverine - each time the wound didn't seem to last long at all.

There was a couple of times Wolverine lost his eyes as well. Once in a bar when he let a guy with brass knuckles punch him in the eye. His eyeball literally popped out. Think he put it back in and he was fine. The 2nd was when Mauvais ripped his eye out and ate it. Can't remember how long that took to heal (anyone know?)

Firefly218
Wolverine has regenerated from an atomic explosion. I'd say that's a pretty good feat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.