Apostasy (Departing from the Faith in the Latter Times), satan's Wiles and Devices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
Ephesians 6:11
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

2 Corinthians 2:11
lest satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.

The apostle Paul informed Timothy, who was a pastor, that in latter times some would depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons.

Put on the whole armor of God Christian, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

We are not ignorant of the devil's devices.

1 Timothy 4:1-3
4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron , 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

The devil--through his angels i.e. demons--has managed to deceive some into turning away from Jesus through false doctrines (i.e. doctrines of demons), antichrist media i.e. books, videos, broadcasts, websites etc., online communities, movements, organizations, false religions, clubs, fitness centers, arts, social gatherings, and institutions.

Beloved believer, hold fast the confession of your hope in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Don't allow the adversary's lies to rob you of your inheritance that you have by faith in our blessed Lord Jesus, Who is blessed forever.

Be warned good soldier of Christ, the following examples below are antichrist in nature, origin, design, and purpose:

The Clergy Project

Recovering from Religion

Christian Wicca

Chrislam (the blending of Christianity and Islam)

The book written by William Young entitled "The Shack".

1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist .

Christian brother and sister stay close to the Lord through daily prayer and reading of the Bible.

We are saved through faith (of this we can be assured), but we must through many tribulations (many attacks on our faith) enter the Kingdom of God.

We are already born again; hence, we are already in the Kingdom of God.

But we must through many tribulations enter the Kingdom of God in the sense that we will have opportunity to depart from the faith, be tempted to stray, backslide, abandon our walk with the Lord, or foolishly conform to this world--though it's form is passing away--before we join our Lord in Heaven.

Look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near fellow believer of like precious faith.

Endure hardship i.e. attacks against your faith, persecution etc. for you can do all things through the Anointed One, and His anointing which strengthens you, and which you have from the Lord. You are more than a conqueror through Him Who loves you, and you know all things.

Thank Heavenly Father daily that His angels--who excel in strength who do His Word, heeding the voice of His Word--have charge over you and keep you in all of your ways (Psalm 91:11, 103:20).

Thank Heavenly Father daily that the angel of the Lord encamps all around you, and delivers you (Psalm 34:7).

Luke 21:28
Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Acts 14:22
strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.

2 Timothy 2:3
You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

1 John 2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.

1 Corinthians 7:31
and those who use this world as not misusing it. For the form of this world is passing away.

Romans 8:37
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

siriuswriter
What is the reason behind this new thread? Something must have made you think of it.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by siriuswriter
What is the reason behind this new thread? Something must have made you think of it.

I just watched a program called Christ in Prophecy produced by Lamb and Lion Ministries.

The subject was The Sign of the Apostasy.

http://lamblion.com/

Shakyamunison

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Yep, latter times is now.

I love it when you don't get it.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I love it when you don't get it.

Ne pas obtenir quoi?

Lassen Sie sich nicht, was?

Non ottenere cio?

Shakyamunison
Sorry, did I not write in English?

JesusIsAlive
Sorry, did I not write in English?

Oui.

Ja.

Si.

big grin

Dolos
Oui.

Ja.

Si.

big grin Look who can say yes in three languages.

JesusIsAlive

Dolos

Stealth Moose
Not sure if Google translate or genuinely proficient in three langauges. Too lazy to check.

Dolos
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Not sure if Google translate or genuinely proficient in three langauges. Too lazy to check. I used google translate - the last post was in Italian.

His post reads:

"Jesus is the Truth, the Life and the Way. No one gets to the Father except through him."

In German, Italian, and Russian.

My reply reads:

"Prove it.

Religion is outdated.
Government is out of date.
We are not able to adjust to the times."

Stealth Moose
I like how the end-times have been pretty recurring since the Middle Ages. The best way to get someone's short attention is to use something buzzword-y like "end times". Just watch:

Current global warming tied to China's lack of environmental regulations and big business willful ignorance. END TIMES ARE NIGH.

You are now intrigued.

Dolos
I like how the end-times have been pretty recurring since the Middle Ages. The best way to get someone's short attention is to use something buzzword-y like "end times". Just watch:

Current global warming tied to China's lack of environmental regulations and big business willful ignorance. END TIMES ARE NIGH.

You are now intrigued. I always yearned for change and excitement in my life, and that's what I've had.

Do I want End Times? No, there's no fun in bombs and death. I want to defy war and death.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Dolos
I used google translate - the last post was in Italian.

His post reads:

"Jesus is the Truth, the Life and the Way. No one gets to the Father except through him."

In German, Italian, and Russian.

My reply reads:

"Prove it.

Religion is outdated.
Government is out of date.
We are not able to adjust to the times."

The proof is all around you.

Dolos
Were you using google translate as well? Be honest, now.

JesusIsAlive

Dolos
Ya, you're using google translate.

JesusIsAlive
Ya, you're using google translate.

Prouvez-le.

Beweisen Sie es.

Dimostralo.

big grin

siriuswriter
Well, if the first language is supposed to be French, it's incorrect.

JesusIsAlive
Well, if the first language is supposed to be French, it's incorrect.

Vraiment?

Wirklich?

Davvero?

big grin

JesusIsAlive

You are now intrigued.

End times.

Shakyamunison

You are now intrigued.

The end-time is now. It was now 10,000 years ago, and it will be now 10,000 years from today.

JesusIsAlive
The end-time is now. It was now 10,000 years ago, and it will be now 10,000 years from today.

End times.

Intrigued yet?

big grin

siriuswriter
Vraiment.

"Prouvez-le" literally translates into "Prove it," but that's not how it would be said in actual French. Instead, you would say, "Prouvez-vous," which is in command form, and it literally translates to "You prove."
You wouldn't use the "tu" version of "you," because you are neither anyone else's senior in position or in life and because you're not good friends with anyone here.

If you look at conjugations - "je - prouve/tu prouves/il-elle prouve/vous - prouvez/nous - prouvons/ils-elles prouves" You can see that the conjugation "prouvez" goes with "vous."

In addition "prouver" the verb is FEMININE, not masculine, so even IF the correct answer were "Prouvez-le" it would STILL be wrong. Going with that format - using a feminine verb, you would use the feminine version of "the" - which is "la." "Prouvez-la!" Which is still incorrect.

So, what you SHOULD have said was "prouvez-vous!" Which translates as "Prove it!"

JesusIsAlive
Vraiment.

"Prouvez-le" literally translates into "Prove it," but that's not how it would be said in actual French. Instead, you would say, "Prouvez-vous," which is in command form, and it literally translates to "You prove."
You wouldn't use the "tu" version of "you," because you are neither anyone else's senior in position or in life and because you're not good friends with anyone here.

If you look at conjugations - "je - prouve/tu prouves/il-elle prouve/vous - prouvez/nous - prouvons/ils-elles prouves" You can see that the conjugation "prouvez" goes with "vous."

In addition "prouver" the verb is FEMININE, not masculine, so even IF the correct answer were "Prouvez-le" it would STILL be wrong. Going with that format - using a feminine verb, you would use the feminine version of "the" - which is "la." "Prouvez-la!" Which is still incorrect.

So, what you SHOULD have said was "prouvez-vous!" Which translates as "Prove it!"

I don't believe you so--prouvez-vous!

big grin

Shakyamunison
prouvez-vous!

big grin
Prove what?

Dolos
Prove what? That he was using google translate.

Shakyamunison
That he was using google translate.

eek!

siriuswriter
I took four years of French. I liked the language. I paid attention in class...

Now the burden of proof lies upon you.

Shakyamunison

What are we trying to prove?

JesusIsAlive

I was being fascetious.

Maintenant, laissez-moi tranquille!

big grin

Shakyamunison
I was being fascetious.

Maintenant, laissez-moi tranquille!

big grin

Now you are not making sense in another language. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.