Thor vs HP Doomsday (CIS off)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
No bfring for this match. Fight takes place on an indestructible planet. They are giving it their all to take the other out.

Who wins?

Damborgson
Thor blasts him to pieces

Starscream M
DD would murder thor

JBL
Thor has multiple ways to put DD down. All thor has to do is kill him once which thors hammer can do without trouble. DD would get his skull crushed or blasted off by that hammers power.

Diesldude
HP DD kills him in 2 panels.

Odekahn
Originally posted by JBL
Thor has multiple ways to put DD down. All thor has to do is kill him once which thors hammer can do without trouble. DD would get his skull crushed or blasted off by that hammers power.

No way. DD took a combined allout energy attack from the JLA.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Odekahn
No way. DD took a combined allout energy attack from the JLA.
That was just DOS Doomsday. H/P Doomsday would two piece Thor. CIS off doesn't mean he's going to fire godblasts at random.Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor blasts him to pieces
Really?

Golgo13
Doomsday one shots Thor.

Warlord
isn't that the DD that beat the crap out of Darkseid?
Yeah, tough luck Thor

Pillow Biter
I don't see a lot of character induced stupidity with either of these combatants. If you mean to ask how this fight would go if each character is using his powers as realistically as possible, with no regard for typical comic conventions, then Doomsday destroys Thor given speed kills.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Warlord
isn't that the DD that beat the crap out of Darkseid?
Yeah, tough luck Thor
Yup and destroyed a league consisting of J'onn, Orion, Diana, Kyle, Flash and Plastic Man in minutes.

9jaboy
Originally posted by JBL
HP dd stomps JBL version of thor.

JBL
Originally posted by 9jaboy
HP dd stomps JBL version of thor. Thor had dropped far more powerful foes than HP DD with his hammer.

abhilegend
He has also been dropped by far less.

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
He has also been dropped by far less. DD will not stand up to thors hammer. With cis off, thor will unload on DD. Unless he turns stupid and go hand to hand.

carver9
Damborgson...

Where are you?

celeyhyga17
Thor gets a forum win.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
DD will not stand up to thors hammer. With cis off, thor will unload on DD. Unless he turns stupid and go hand to hand.
1. HP DD evolves on the fly. He adapted to Superman keeping his distance while pouring on the HV.

2. Also HP DD heals instantly. Any damage done will just be heal and Thor wouldn't make any progress.

3. HP DD grows resistance on the fly as well. So anything damaging him will result in DD being more resistant as the battle goes on.

4. HP DD is very fast. He was able to blitz the entire JL simulatenously before they can respond (causing Superman to complain of his speed).
He covered miles to attack DS before DS could even turn around.

5. HP DD was so powerful that he sent claws through Superman's shoulder like he was made out of water. He nearly killed DS in a few hits (actually DS was going to die until Superman saved him).

Raisen
thor is too slow for DD.

Naija boy
Thor wins

Rage.Of.Olympus
So wait, so this is Thor acting like a forum/realistic character?

Hunter Prey Doomsday is above Herald level but Thor teleports at the start of the fight and God Blasts him from the sky or something OP like that. This is one of those fights where his raw power against single targets prove useful.

Originally posted by Golgo13
Doomsday one shots Thor.

Dumb thing to say. Thor has his lows but he also has his highs and damage soak feats superior to Wonder Woman, John, and even Orion. As a matter of fact, he's taken brutal beatings from Trans Tier beings and gotten right back up.

Galan007
I think Thor can win if he GB's right away.

Bicnarok
DD wipes the floor with Thor, no match.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Galan007
I think Thor can win if he GB's right away.
That's really his only real option since bfr is ruled out.

CIS off, Rage's teleport then blast seems plausible. That would probably give home a forum win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The only other method I can think of for him to win is to summon one of his more powerful lightning bolts or charge his hammer with an absurd amount of energy (The kind that would be dangerous to a Twilight wielding Surtur etc.). Aside from that, unless he starts summoning gear from Asgard and his pocket dimension, not sure what he could do.

Doomsday doesn't really have a soul right? No soul absorption techniques. And since he's just a pure brick, energy absorption doesn't do much. Usually, Thor does better against higher end beings because Mjolnir is a b*tch against energy.

Damborgson

Really?

of course

carver9
Is Doomsday pass physical damage?

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Damborgson...

Where are you?

I was sleeping stick out tongue

------------

This might not be forum mode Thor, but it's also not brawl a physically superior opponent until he gets himself ko'd Thor either.

Thor's power output is about as good as it gets for heroes, and the godblast, while it doesn't have to be used as a fight opener is still a very valid option for Thor, more so under these stips.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So wait, so this is Thor acting like a forum/realistic character?

Hunter Prey Doomsday is above Herald level but Thor teleports at the start of the fight and God Blasts him from the sky or something OP like that. This is one of those fights where his raw power against single targets prove useful.

Oh, if it's forum mode Thor then he just wraps Doomsday in whirlwind, and then throws a phoenix buster Mjolnir at him. Then rinse and repeat if he's not down. While staying in the air of course.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/131.gif

Galan007
Is Doomsday pass physical damage? Take the strongest person H/P DD physically battled(probably Motherbox-amped Superman.) That level of physical strength is what he'd evolved beyond. He obviously wouldn't have adapted beyond higher-levels of physical damage then what he'd faced.

ie. someone stronger than MB-amped Superman(by a good margin) *should* be able to rock DD with their strikes.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thor wins lol what a clown...I call you a clown because I assume you aren't just being ignorant

Rao Kal El
Pre dos DD survived an explosion that open a hole in reality.

And was stopped by radiant with a full power blast that laid waste to 1/5 of calaton

Literally defeated a justice league with a hand tied behind his back

That was Dos Dd

HP DD is more powerful

He took the omega beams and got right back up, 3 comboed darkseid, broke Superman's arm, his SOLID body was barelly damaged by a mother box PLASMA sword swinged by an amped SUPERMAN and took a the equivalent of one million nukes like nothing.

He did short work of the big 7 JLA and basically threated Orion, Superman, John and WW like childs

One shotted imperex probes and only stopped by nulification

Most feats under jurgens which is an impressive resume.

Thor alone vs HP DD and no BFR?

IMO DD wins

Odekahn
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

And was stopped by radiant with a full power blast that laid waste to 1/5 of calaton

That was Dos Dd

HP DD is more powerful

He took the omega beams and got right back up, 3 comboed darkseid, broke Superman's arm, his SOLID body was barelly damaged by a mother box PLASMA sword swinged by an amped SUPERMAN and took a the equivalent of one million nukes like nothing.

He did short work of the big 7 JLA and basically threated Orion, Superman, John and WW.

IMO DD wins

thumb up

Starscream M

Dumb thing to say. Thor has his lows but he also has his highs and damage soak feats superior to Wonder Woman, John, and even Orion. As a matter of fact, he's taken brutal beatings from Trans Tier beings and gotten right back up. its not dumb

maybe its not probable, but its very possible

Reflassshh
It would take more than just thor to put HP DD down, Doomsday wins.

maxivitopowe
HP DD

Raisen
dd is too fast.

plus he gets cred for fighting barehanded against a guy with a weapon

Damborgson
Those hands aren't so bare:

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/34281L.jpg

Raisen
it's part of his skeletal structure.
mjolnir was created. it can be utilized by other beings.

it's the same as me being barehanded and fighting a guy with gun.

some people just need to take the pu$$y way I guess. they just don't have the heart or the skill to stand on their own.

Cogito
An immediate Godblast is Thor's only chance of winning...or maybe that'd be as effective as Darkseid's Omega Beams, I have no idea.

If that doesn't work he's phucked.

Raisen
IDK. his daddy may be able to save him, but i'm pretty sure the old man is sick of Thor's intergalactic homoerotica experiments

Batman-Prime
Spite. DD wins every single time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Cogito
An immediate Godblast is Thor's only chance of winning...or maybe that'd be as effective as Darkseid's Omega Beams, I have no idea.

If that doesn't work he's phucked.

God Blast is far more powerful on average. And on a forum, that attack should have constituted as a win, no?

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Spite. DD wins every single time.

CIS is off. This isn't a regular vs. thread.

Batman-Prime
^CIS off for both. HP DD was a Team buster. I wouldn't give a single Herald the win over him without bfr, with bfr I can see Thor winning though.

Odekahn
^CIS off for both. HP DD was a Team buster. I wouldn't give a single Herald the win over him without bfr, with bfr I can see Thor winning though.

BFR is his only option imo.

Branlor Swift

That was Dos Dd

HP DD is more powerful

He did short work of the big 7 JLA and basically threated Orion, Superman, John and WW like childs

IMO DD wins

So you make the distinction of pre DOS Doomsday (and thus pre HP), yet not a word gets said about you using post HP Doomsday?

Although comparing his best feats with Thor... I guarantee DD would lose that one... Just saying

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
lol what a clown...I call you a clown because I assume you aren't just being ignorant

Stop addressing me you buffoon. Go find some of your fellow morons to play with . Be gone.

Blue Area Vet
Cis off helps Thor WAY more than DD. The word "vaporize" comes into play.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Raisen
it's part of his skeletal structure.
mjolnir was created. it can be utilized by other beings.

it's the same as me being barehanded and fighting a guy with gun.

some people just need to take the pu$$y way I guess. they just don't have the heart or the skill to stand on their own.

Not the point. His hands aren't bare like you're suggesting. Those spikes can cut through Superman, regardless of them being a part of him.

It's nothing even similar to that. It'd be like a you fighting someone with brass knuckles while they use the hilt of their weapon to strike you because their too noble to kill you.

Lol. The strength, courage, honor and dedication it takes to lift that weapon is legend. You're Thor hate is in no way justifiable, though understandable because all heroes come up short when compared to him. Thor proved his worth for millennium before being worthy of the weapon.

Even without it, he's as strong as savage Hulk and controls all aspects of weather and limited aspects of the Earth.

In other words:

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa474/TheLisanator1/Tumblr%20Memes/YouJelly.png

Pillow Biter
Isn't the Godblast sort of like a Dragon Ball Z power-up attack? It seems to take a little time to get off--time Thor won't have.

Raisen
^^this dude really loves some thor

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So you make the distinction of pre DOS Doomsday (and thus pre HP), yet not a word gets said about you using post HP Doomsday?

Although comparing his best feats with Thor... I guarantee DD would lose that one... Just saying

The hread says HP Doomsday, but there is a few things worth mentioning about Doomsday.

HP Doomsday is an evolved Doomsday from DOS and its background story in his annual issue. This is the Doomsday created and portrayed by its creator Dan Jurgens. Which is a pretty consistent depiction of Doomsday on his FEW appearances.

DOS, HP, Doomsday wars (DD controled by Brainiac) and his last appearance as the original Doomsday in OWAW where He meet his demise by total nullification of his skin.

After that, Doomsday iirc was genetically altered by humans it became "impure" if the term applies.

I am sure Thor has a lot of feats, but I am curious to see Thor feats with out amps under Jurgens so we can get a glance at what Jurgens might think on the matter.

But DOS feats and pre Dos feats should count for DD.

If the OP stated DOS or Pre DOS or post DD Wars, then HP DD should not be used imo.

Worth mentioning is that DD in Jurgens eye, was only defeted with a full blast of energy or physically once by Superman, after that everybody he encountered had to resort to BFR to win

Damborgson
^^this dude really loves some thor

In the words of Quan: Concession accepted thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
I am sure Thor has a lot of feats, but I am curious to see Thor feats with out amps under Jurgens so we can get a glance at what Jurgens might think on the matter.

Why are we limiting this only to Dan Jurgens?

Fyi, his Thor had beastly damage soak and showings. He used the God Blast on an elite Skyfather plus being, took on huge threats, had the whole holding back factor. Even wrote the Reigning.

If he were to write a story, Thor would beat Doomsday, and he wouldn't have to resort to any pussy bfr. He'd just gear up. stick out tongue

zeel
Using the godblast argument is not realistic considering HP doomsday is as fast in combat as superman he wont have time to cast it. Doomsday wont just sit there and take it. HP doomsday took on a amped supes and supes didn't do to well if I recall.

I cant see thor getting any wins here really. Put king thor in this fight and it would be much better. And RKT would destroy him with the wave of a hand.

zeel
Originally posted by zeel
Using the godblast argument is not realistic considering HP doomsday is as fast in combat as superman he wont have time to cast it. Doomsday wont just sit there and take it. HP doomsday took on a amped supes and supes didn't do to well if I recall.

I cant see thor getting any wins here really. Put king thor in this fight and it would be much better. And RKT would destroy him with the wave of a hand.

As far as Thor having beastly damge soak, ya I agree but he does get knocked out more often then not in comparison to most heralds. If thor was fighting for his life and all was on the line I think he would do better but I still don't see him beating a tank this fast and with the stupid ability to evolve on the fly bleaahhh.

Rao Kal El

Fyi, his Thor had beastly damage soak and showings. He used the God Blast on an elite Skyfather plus being, took on huge threats, had the whole holding back factor. Even wrote the Reigning.

If he were to write a story, Thor would beat Doomsday, and he wouldn't have to resort to any pussy bfr. He'd just gear up. stick out tongue

I doubt Jurgens and Us will think that Thor can 3 shot Darkseid, fight a JLA with a hand tied behind his back, engage Orion and MMH at the same time beat them like Doomsday did, in less than a minute and take Wonder Woman punches like Doomsday did. I basically cannot pictures Dan Jurgens thinking that Thor can do that, Dan Jurgens is a good writer stick out tongue

Reflassshh
What does the god say?, nothing really, because he's dead.

Raisen
what does it mean that thor would just gear up?
does that mean he would go get even more outside assistance or artifacts? that's not pussy to you rage?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
DD will not stand up to thors hammer. With cis off, thor will unload on DD. Unless he turns stupid and go hand to hand.
Of course he would.

ShadowFyre
Thor can win a few if he plays it right. He has the power to put DD down but if hes not quick about it hes gonna be in for a major ass whooping. I actually see this fight going without an actual exchange of blows. Its going to be a one sided win for whoever. Either Thor outright kills him with some kind of blast. Or DD bumrushes him and pounds him to death. My fanboy wants to say Thor for the majority but DD 6/10 or even 7/10. These versions anyway. King Thor or OF Thor would clean sweep him.

abhilegend

Jurgens said Superman was more powerful than Thor and would only lose to him due to magic weakness.

http://www.comicboards.com/jurgens-rc.php

And we all know how much you love writer statements, don't we?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt Jurgens and Us will think that Thor can 3 shot Darkseid, fight a JLA with a hand tied behind his back, engage Orion and MMH at the same time beat them like Doomsday did, in less than a minute and take Wonder Woman punches like Doomsday did. I basically cannot pictures Dan Jurgens thinking that Thor can do that, Dan Jurgens is a good writer stick out tongue

I didn't say he'd do it unamped (Barring a God Blast or an extremely powerful attack).

what does it mean that thor would just gear up?
does that mean he would go get even more outside assistance or artifacts? that's not pussy to you rage?

You've already admitted you're trolling, why do you expect me to make an actual response?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
of course
Without a godblast, he doesn't have a chance.

Raisen
I didn't say he'd do it unamped (Barring a God Blast or an extremely powerful attack).

You've already admitted you're trolling, why do you expect me to make an actual response?

getting artifacts:belt of strength, mjolnir etc is a pussy way to win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
getting artifacts:belt of strength, mjolnir etc is a pussy way to win.

You do know that essentially every hero has geared up at different points? And that almost all of the higher end heralds are powered by outside sources or gained their power from external energy?

Just an fyi. I know you're trolling but at least put some effort into it.

ares834
Originally posted by Bicnarok
DD wipes the floor with Thor, no match.

Pretty much. Thor can win with a God Blast but that's really it.

Raisen
You do know that essentially every hero has geared up at different points? And that almost all of the higher end heralds are powered by outside sources or gained their power from external energy?

Just an fyi. I know you're trolling but at least put some effort into it.

doesn't make it less pu$$y. just shows the guy can't win under his own power.

celeyhyga17
doesn't make it less pu$$y. just shows the guy can't win under his own power.
Damn dude ure horrible at this.

Anyways... Like I says, Thor via stips... Godblast = forum win.

Golgo13
BFR is his only option imo.

Basically.

Damborgson
Without a godblast, he doesn't have a chance.

Of course he does. He'd blow to DD to pieces with the godblast of course, but he has other means of winning. He could just range spam him once he saw he was physically outmatched.

Damborgson
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Damn dude ure horrible at this.

Anyways... Like I says, Thor via stips... Godblast = forum win.

No he's right. Vikings were pussys for gearing up before battle. They should have marched onto the battlefield bare chested, fisticuffs ready. Wearing armor and carrying weapons is pussy shit.

celeyhyga17
Basically.
Please elaborate.

No he's right. Vikings were pussys for gearing up before battle. They should have marched onto the battlefield bare chested, fisticuffs ready. Wearing armor and carrying weapons is pussy shit.
The only thing that would make Thor into a punani is that he be eatin waaay too much of them.. Na mean!?

Golgo13
Please elaborate.

Doomy would basically shove his fists up his ass. stick out tongue

Damborgson
The only thing that would make Thor into a punani is that he be eatin waaay too much of them.. Na mean!?

You are what you eat thumb up

celeyhyga17
Doomy would basically shove his fists up his ass. stick out tongue
I agree, but with CIS off Thor would just clench and rip DD's arms off.
wink

quanchi112
Thor, easily.

Starscream M
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor, easily. you're trolling, right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Starscream M
you're trolling, right? No.

Golgo13
I agree, but with CIS off Thor would just clench and rip DD's arms off.
wink

Good thing Doomy doesn't need his arms to beat Thor. big grin

Raisen
Good thing Doomy doesn't need his arms to beat Thor. big grin

what's with the nic cage fascination?
that's from con-air right? bad a$$ movie tho

abhilegend
Of course he does. He'd blow to DD to pieces with the godblast of course, but he has other means of winning. He could just range spam him once he saw he was physically outmatched.
Godblast is his only chance. None of his other attacks would phase doomsday. Superman's HV was recounted as one of the four energy attacks which created a big bang in Doomsday wars by the same writer who wrote Zero Hour.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17094504_Doomswar077.jpg

Ten pages later Doomsday walked through it like a breeze.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17094505_Doomswar087.jpg

Thor has amazing showings of power, superman is still ahead of him.

Golgo13
what's with the nic cage fascination?
that's from con-air right? bad a$$ movie tho

thumb up After I saw Nic Cage looses his shit, I've been an even greater fan of his. stick out tongue

Raisen
thumb up After I saw Nic Cage looses his shit, I've been an even greater fan of his. stick out tongue

loose his shit? you talking about when he went bankrupt?

Golgo13
loose his shit? you talking about when he went bankrupt?

Nah.

xP1-oquwoL8/

h1a8
I don't believe the Godblast is more powerful than the OB that was in the HP arc. The OB, at half power, vaporized a missile that Superman, using all his might, couldn't put a scratch on.
DD tanked the attack. So it's fair to say that DD will take a Godblast.
Also, Thor could only do the blast for a limited amount of time.

DD not only will tank the Godblast but will grow more resistant to it or any other energy attacks.

Then you have the problem of DD blitzing Thor or evolving a counter to Thor staying in the air away from DD.

Raisen
I don't get it. you just showed me some nic cage vacation videos.

is there a catch?

DarkOdin
Without a godblast, he doesn't have a chance. Sure if we choose to forget about antimatter blast, lighting strong enough to effect chaos king "eternity level at the time, and soul removal, ya thor has not chance

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Sure if we choose to forget about antimatter blast, lighting strong enough to effect chaos king "eternity level at the time, and soul removal, ya thor has not chance
Antimatter blast wouldn't do much to Doomsday. I just showed you this.

Godblast is his only chance. None of his other attacks would phase doomsday. Superman's HV was recounted as one of the four energy attacks which created a big bang in Doomsday wars by the same writer who wrote Zero Hour.

Is that lightning stronger than that? I doubt it. Also Doomsday doesn't have a soul to speak of.

DarkOdin
Antimatter blast wouldn't do much to Doomsday. I just showed you this.

Is that lightning stronger than that? I doubt it. Also Doomsday doesn't have a soul to speak of. considering that the blast was strong enough to damage chaos king who at the time destroyed/absorbed 99.9% of the muiltverse 1 can argue yes or are you arging that HPDoomsday is more durable then Chaos King because that would be a fun thread, Also was HPDoomsday every attack with antimatter because if not his defense the 1st would be much less resistent to the antimatter and could in fact kill him/ hurt plus the soul removal is not something you could defend against again unless you have a showing of him dealing with something in the same line of attack if u would

carver9
Just want to point out that the Big Bang attack had a lot to do with Spectre than the heros.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkOdin
considering that the blast was strong enough to damage chaos king who at the time destroyed/absorbed 99.9% of the muiltverse 1 can argue yes or are you arging that HPDoomsday is more durable then Chaos King because that would be a fun thread, Also was HPDoomsday every attack with antimatter because if not his defense the 1st would be much less resistent to the antimatter and could in fact kill him/ hurt plus the soul removal is not something you could defend against again unless you have a showing of him dealing with something in the same line of attack if u would
Chaos King laughed that attack off. Superman's HV has affected abstracts too if we're going by the high end feats. I even gave you a feat that shits on that feat anyway.

Superman himself has tanked anti-matter blasts enough to slice the earth in half.

Doomsday has no soul to steal from anyway.Originally posted by carver9
Just want to point out that the Big Bang attack had a lot to do with Spectre than the heros.
Heh, do you see spectre anywhere in this scan?

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17094504/Doomswar077.jpg.html

Damborgson

Your own scan, points out that the energies used, redirected through wave rider, altered by the power of a chronal matrix, is what caused that explosion. "He gave you the megablast needed to start everything..." So while I'm sure that's impressive, Superman isn't walking around with big bang heat vision, as cool sounding as that is. It's completely unquantifiable and not even remotely as impressive as it could be. *shrug*

Superman isn't > Thorl in energy projection. I'd say even with the godblast excluded. Superman has the advantage of being the icon of all superheroes. Which should show how impressive it is that Thor's been able to stay ahead in this area. thumb up

There's nothing to stop Thor in this setting from giving DD the Chaos king lightning, hitting him with Phoenix Buster hammer throws, and taking enough damage to realize that his chances are significantly better if he stays in the air and avoids DD's spiked fists. He's simply the superior opponent.

He wouldn't do bad if he stayed in melee either: http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/thorvstaun05_zpsce3153fb.jpg

He can disintegrate heralds on a whim after all.

It's just that I think DD's durability would outlast Thor's.

That said, it's irrelevant since Thor would hit Doomsday with more power than he'll eventually have the ability to cope with.

Odekahn
Doomsday has been killed by energy blasts and blunt force. What is Thor going to hit him with that he hasn't already evolved past?

9jaboy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thor, easily.
any match that thor keeps up with dd,,if he sees thanos he's gonna stomp him..

abhilegend
Your own scan, points out that the energies used, redirected through wave rider, altered by the power of a chronal matrix, is what caused that explosion. "He gave you the megablast needed to start everything..." So while I'm sure that's impressive, Superman isn't walking around with big bang heat vision, as cool sounding as that is. It's completely unquantifiable and not even remotely as impressive as it could be. *shrug* He just altered it, not enhanced it. There is a difference in those two. You could do better to lowball this feat though.

We can measure them by feats. Want to compare feats? You saying something isn't a fact. Thor has flashier feats but Superman is superman.

Superman has better feats than all of those. He was like a gnat to Doomsday. Thor isn't that much superior in brainpower than Doomsday when he has like 15 slugfests with Hulk.

Now you're just wishing. Doomsday pushed Orion and J'onn's shit in under 50 seconds. Unless you think Thor>>J'onn and Orion together.

Doomsday is beyond heralds and Ulik is no herald.

Do you seriously think Thor can cope with doomsday's strength? Seriously?

I doubt that Thor's attacks are more potent than Superman+J'onn+Guy Gardner+Fire+Booster Gold or a guardian's suicide attack. Oh I forgot, that's DOS doomsday.

9jaboy
Originally posted by JBL
Thor had dropped far more powerful foes than HP DD with his hammer.
doesnt stop dd from stomping him...if dd wants,thor wouldnt even see him until the fight is over..

Pillow Biter
Superman's energy projection is vastly underrated. It is hugely powerful, and fully equal to Herald level energy attacks, if not greater than many (or most).

The one downside is that since it started getting played up as his trump attack, it also tends to deplete more readily than would the blasts from other heralds. But that is okay, since he still has fists.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Superman's energy projection is vastly underrated. It is hugely powerful, and fully equal to Herald level energy attacks, if not greater than many (or most).

The one downside is that since it started getting played up as his trump attack, it also tends to deplete more readily than would the blasts from other heralds. But that is okay, since he still has fists.
They don't know just how powerful HV really is when superman unleashes it. It has some of the most devastating feats for any single energy attack.

Pillow Biter
There was a time where it seemed more like a utility power, and less potent on the whole than his fists. But later it began to get portrayed more as his trump attack, but with the downside that it's power and effectiveness got depleted relatively quickly (he was said to basically be burning raw solar reserves something like the way an afterburner works or something). So he can't blast all day long with it at its higher settings the way say Surfer can. But those first couple of blasts are very deadly.

carver9
Doomsday has been killed by energy blasts and blunt force. What is Thor going to hit him with that he hasn't already evolved past?

Wrong. Doomsday never evolved past physical might.

h1a8
Wrong. Doomsday never evolved past physical might. True. But he evolves past the level of physical might he faced already. So the only thing that can truly damage him significantly is physical might beyond what he has already faced.
Now if such an attack is present then DD will evolve on the fly to deal with it and instantly heal (if it doesn't one shot him).

Lastly the OB in that arc is more powerful than the Godblast.
I have proof of it.

Galan007
Just want to point out that the Big Bang attack had a lot to do with Spectre than the heros. thumb up

Damage was handling the energies poured into him from the heroes just fine:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096671_1.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096672_2.jpg

The final energy Spectre added is what caused Damage to detonate:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096673_3.jpg

Odekahn
Wrong. Doomsday never evolved past physical might.

When is the last time DD got killed by physical might again?

Galan007
^ Action Comics #871, released January 2009:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096689_4.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096691_5.jpg

And a few DD analogues were killed by physical means during the even-more-recent 'Reign of the Doomsdays' arc, iirc.

carver9
When is the last time DD got killed by physical might again?

After his death, Superman punched him in the face making him bleed. Blood=Vulnerability. He wasn't pass physical pain/damage. He was also sliced open on his side...that's a physical attack.

carver9
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096689_4.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096691_5.jpg

And a few DD analogues were killed by physical means during the even-more-recent 'Reign of the Doomsdays' arc, iirc.

Forgot about that.

carver9
thumb up

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096671_1.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/17096672_2.jpg

thumb up

Thanks for the scans.

Odekahn

But being after OWAW that's not the same DD creature, right?

Galan007
^ That...... Isn't what you asked. You asked a blanket question, and received a blanket answer. smile

You edited.

Odekahn
^ That...... Isn't what you asked. You asked a blanket question, and received a blanket answer. smile

You edited.

Well I asked the question within the thread that states HP DD, so I thought it was kinda a given...

And yeah, because I didn't want to bring DD Rex and other irrelevant incarnations into this discussion.

Galan007
^ This is what you asked:
"When is the last time DD got killed by physical might again?"

I obviously thought you were asking a general question, hence my general answer. If you were inquiring exclusively about H/P DD, you should have been more specific. thumb up

ODG
Been done already, should be merged: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=570661&pagenumber=1

Galan007
Reported for backseat modding.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Middle-FInger.gif

Odekahn
^ This is what you asked:
"When is the last time DD got killed by physical might again?"

I obviously thought you were asking a general question, hence my general answer. If you were inquiring exclusively about H/P DD, you should have been more specific. thumb up

DD Rex and other incarnations =/= HP DD though. (Which is who we are discussing)

You are right in that it was a general question, and I guess that's my mistake for assuming the blatantly obvious didn't need to be stated.

Ty for the scans anyways though, and for trying to answer the question in the way you thought it was asked. You were just trying to be helpful and your intentions are appreciated.

Galan007
Ty for the scans anyways though, and for trying to answer the question in the way you thought it was asked. You were just trying to be helpful and your intentions are appreciated. bashful

ODG
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/100647/3203432-kenny.powers.jizz.dance.gif

carver9
Reported for backseat modding.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Middle-FInger.gif

laughing out loud

Damborgson
He just altered it, not enhanced it. There is a difference in those two. You could do better to lowball this feat though.

We can measure them by feats. Want to compare feats? You saying something isn't a fact. Thor has flashier feats but Superman is superman.

Superman has better feats than all of those. He was like a gnat to Doomsday. Thor isn't that much superior in brainpower than Doomsday when he has like 15 slugfests with Hulk.

Now you're just wishing. Doomsday pushed Orion and J'onn's shit in under 50 seconds. Unless you think Thor>>J'onn and Orion together.

Doomsday is beyond heralds and Ulik is no herald.

Do you seriously think Thor can cope with doomsday's strength? Seriously?

I doubt that Thor's attacks are more potent than Superman+J'onn+Guy Gardner+Fire+Booster Gold or a guardian's suicide attack. Oh I forgot, that's DOS doomsday.

It did what I quoted it did. It's literally saying that he gave them that blast. It's not lowballing, it's you misinterpreting the feat to your benefit.

I would want to compare feats, and I will, but it'll consist of you lowballing mine, highballing yours, posting out of context, getting pissy, and exposing your last word complex. So as fun as it sounds, I don't see anything beneficial coming from it. *shrug* we can though, it's whatever.

Thor's a warrior. He likes the pain and rage of close combat. It's very understandable. Thor fights smart when he wants to, that's when he makes guys like the void his toy by slamming them up and down with lightning and staying in the air the entire time. And CIS is off anyhow

They're not Thor. Thor's arguably > either of them, and he's not going to continue to fight Doomsday in hand to hand after he finds out that he's going to lose. But if Thor can last against Mangog, he can last long enough against DD to get in gear under these stips and step it up.

I would have put Ulik around high meta before the amp. With it and the added versatility that came with it, he was easily herald.

Long enough to win? No. Long enough to figure out it's time to take different measures? Absolutely.

Thor produced enough power to make CW Hercules ask wtf just hit him after he'd brushed off the power from the council of skyfathers. He can hold up if he feels like it.

abhilegend
thumb up

Spectre overloaded him as stated by the same scans you posted. Damage was ready to detonate even before that. More to the point that when Jurgens recounted the feat, spectre was nowhere to found. You lose automatically.

thumb down

abhilegend
It did what I quoted it did. It's literally saying that he gave them that blast. It's not lowballing, it's you misinterpreting the feat to your benefit. That doesn't even made any sense. Waverider just altered the nature of the energies since Damage can only absorb specific forms of energy, he didn't enhance it.

Heh, I wouldn't even comment on your feats. How is that for a deal?

Your biography for Thor is cute. CIS off doesn't means he's forum avatar. He would still act like Thor but more all out like Blood and Thunder.

Thor might be > than either of them but combined? You've got to be kidding me. The thing is Thor wouldn't last that much to figure that out. He isn't superman. That's taking one showing and applying it across the whole career of Thor. Thor never lasts too long against Mangog too.

What amp? It was all an illusion that Tanaraus had replaced Thor in his adventures.

Nope.

Superman produced enough power to break Dominus' body in half just after he assraped Kismet. It works both ways.

celeyhyga17
What amp? It was all an illusion that Tanaraus had replaced Thor in his adventures.

Wrong.

Karnilla along with magics from the Weird Sisters cast an illusion on everybody that transposed Tanarus(Ulik) into Thor's history. Tanarus however definitely was given a clear amp other than the illusion of him being an Asgardian. He was performing Thor like feats during Thor's absence. Feats (flight, lightning strikes, hammer tosses, etc.) that he would have never been able to do if he did not have the increase to his abilities and overall powers. He was even fighting along side the Avengers during this period. It was clear he received an amp which probably came from Karnilla's machinations and ultimately put him beyond his normal levels. To say otherwise is just complete ignorance.

At one point during their fight the writer narrated through Loki, "Everything about them was thunder. Everything about Ulik and Thor in combat sounded like Ragnarok itself was unfurling."

Thor simply stopped holding back when he realized Ulik was trying to kill his own mother. Looking throughout his history, no one should be surprised what Thor is capable of when he simply stops messing around.

quanchi112
It did what I quoted it did. It's literally saying that he gave them that blast. It's not lowballing, it's you misinterpreting the feat to your benefit.

I would want to compare feats, and I will, but it'll consist of you lowballing mine, highballing yours, posting out of context, getting pissy, and exposing your last word complex. So as fun as it sounds, I don't see anything beneficial coming from it. *shrug* we can though, it's whatever.

Thor's a warrior. He likes the pain and rage of close combat. It's very understandable. Thor fights smart when he wants to, that's when he makes guys like the void his toy by slamming them up and down with lightning and staying in the air the entire time. And CIS is off anyhow

They're not Thor. Thor's arguably > either of them, and he's not going to continue to fight Doomsday in hand to hand after he finds out that he's going to lose. But if Thor can last against Mangog, he can last long enough against DD to get in gear under these stips and step it up.

I would have put Ulik around high meta before the amp. With it and the added versatility that came with it, he was easily herald.

Long enough to win? No. Long enough to figure out it's time to take different measures? Absolutely.

Thor produced enough power to make CW Hercules ask wtf just hit him after he'd brushed off the power from the council of skyfathers. He can hold up if he feels like it. thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't believe the Godblast is more powerful than the OB that was in the HP arc. The OB, at half power, vaporized a missile that Superman, using all his might, couldn't put a scratch on.
DD tanked the attack. So it's fair to say that DD will take a Godblast.
Also, Thor could only do the blast for a limited amount of time.

DD not only will tank the Godblast but will grow more resistant to it or any other energy attacks.

Then you have the problem of DD blitzing Thor or evolving a counter to Thor staying in the air away from DD.

This proves that DD wins. End of thread

abhilegend
Wrong.

Karnilla along with magics from the Weird Sisters cast an illusion on everybody that transposed Tanarus(Ulik) into Thor's history. The key word being it an illusion. In other words he was given a magical tool. How does that means he was amped in durability? He was given extra abilities. Ulik is no slouch (usually) in durability.

Heh, narrative hyperboles are now proof?

He killed Ulik, nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean he could do anything to Doomsday though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Wrong.

Karnilla along with magics from the Weird Sisters cast an illusion on everybody that transposed Tanarus(Ulik) into Thor's history. Tanarus however definitely was given a clear amp other than the illusion of him being an Asgardian. He was performing Thor like feats during Thor's absence. Feats (flight, lightning strikes, hammer tosses, etc.) that he would have never been able to do if he did not have the increase to his abilities and overall powers. He was even fighting along side the Avengers during this period. It was clear he received an amp which probably came from Karnilla's machinations and ultimately put him beyond his normal levels. To say otherwise is just complete ignorance.

At one point during their fight the writer narrated through Loki, "Everything about them was thunder. Everything about Ulik and Thor in combat sounded like Ragnarok itself was unfurling."

Thor simply stopped holding back when he realized Ulik was trying to kill his own mother. Looking throughout his history, no one should be surprised what Thor is capable of when he simply stops messing around.

It wasn't just a mere illusion mate.

I went over the relevant scenes and stuff in this thread if you're interested:
http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,255361.40.html

Damborgson
That doesn't even made any sense. Waverider just altered the nature of the energies since Damage can only absorb specific forms of energy, he didn't enhance it.

Heh, I wouldn't even comment on your feats. How is that for a deal?

Your biography for Thor is cute. CIS off doesn't means he's forum avatar. He would still act like Thor but more all out like Blood and Thunder.

Thor might be > than either of them but combined? You've got to be kidding me. The thing is Thor wouldn't last that much to figure that out. He isn't superman. That's taking one showing and applying it across the whole career of Thor. Thor never lasts too long against Mangog too.

Nope.

Superman produced enough power to break Dominus' body in half just after he assraped Kismet. It works both ways.

Neither your nor Galans scans seems to be in agreement with that statement. So it's my word and your scan against your word? I'll let you argue with yourself for a while.

It really doesn't matter. Post a scan if you feel like it, I'll do the same.

Nor did I suggest him to be. Forum avatar Thor beats 10 doomsdays. But he's nonexsistant so whatever. CIS off Thor doesn't mean he gains an enrage or whatever it is your suggesting to limit Thor so DD wins. Which is a typical argument against him, he needs to be limited for most characters to have a chance.

So? You're acting like their durability was stacked. They each took the individual punishment. If Doomsday fought the hammer bros, he'd beat them both in a similar fashion, regardless of their being two of them if they went into extended melee with him. So what? Thor's got so many other tools it hurts. And any I name are on panel showings of thing he's done before. It's not expanding the possibilities of his powers like saying he could just lift him into the air with an indestructible whirlwind then godblast him, which while he could certainly do, has never done in a comic. He has however peppered opponents with lightning and the elements while staying out of reach like against the void or the destroyer.

Thor might not be Superman's physical equal, but he's no slouch. He's probably the closest to him out there. Thor's history is built around taking punishment from stronger opponents. And winning. Ask Mangog, the destroyer, Kurse, etc.

Ulik was given an enchantment and an enchanted weapon to boot. The intention wasn't "It's Ulik with a stick" he was powered up to be put on a level resembling Thor.

Yup. Wow that was easy.

Scans? Preferably with context? And Thor produced enough power to get multiversal Chaos King off of CW Herc.

ares834
Forum avatar Thor beats 10 doomsdays.

no expression

Damborgson
Originally posted by ares834
no expression

My forum avatar Thor would. Don't underestimate my obsession.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9snikkOyp1revsmeo1_400.gif

Damborgson
Oh also:

Thor isn't that much superior in brainpower than Doomsday when he has like 15 slugfests with Hulk.

This isn't a comic where the characters forget their powers. Its a forum where the characters would "use their abilities to best in character" means if Superman has shown to blitz characters in character, he can do that untill hulk goes down. He wouldn't stop after a few punches so that hulk would punch him.

You tell me when you've made up your mind sweetie. thumb up

quanchi112
Oh also:

You tell me when you've made up your mind sweetie. thumb up laughing out loud

See how his reasoning changes with Superman. Awesome.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh also:

You tell me when you've made up your mind sweetie. thumb up

laughing out loud

Yea, some Superfans are like parodies. I assume they're mostly trolling because otherwise it's not possible for them to be legit human beings.

abhilegend
Neither your nor Galans scans seems to be in agreement with that statement. So it's my word and your scan against your word? I'll let you argue with yourself for a while. Of course they do. Its your words against two sets of scans which prove my word.

I know you would.

laughing out loud Now you're just whining.

Their strength while attacking him simultaneously. Then its not really viable even in a CIS off fight.

In most of fights against them Thor is mostly ineffectual even powerwise.

As soon as you prove he was amped in durability.

Of course it is.

Here you go.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ccf0311201100001.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ccf0311201100000-1.jpg

He startled Chaos King. Superman produced enough power along with Ultraman to power the cosmic armor.

celeyhyga17
The key word being it an illusion. In other words he was given a magical tool. How does that means he was amped in durability? He was given extra abilities. Ulik is no slouch (usually) in durability.

Heh, narrative hyperboles are now proof?

He killed Ulik, nothing wrong with that. It doesn't mean he could do anything to Doomsday though.
Ulik already had border line if not herald level durability when taking into account all his battles with Thor. What are u even saying?

The point is he was a more powerful version of himself due to Karnilla's magics. How does that not constitute an amp? Smh..

Proof that he met Thor head on as a more powerful version of himself. There was even a panel showing both colliding in mid air during that narration.

Dude he finally killed Ulik with what must have been an extremely powerful Mjolnir charged strike. His skull was the only thing left.
In the same arc, he literally busted through the teeth of a gigantic version off Atum the God Eater. Why downplay the feat?

Cogito
Superman produced enough power along with Ultraman to power the cosmic armor.

Sometimes you weaken your credibility when you try to inflate and push stupid things like this (and things like the Superman big bang non-feat)

Damborgson
Of course they do. Its your words against two sets of scans which prove my word.

Their strength while attacking him simultaneously.

Then its not really viable even in a CIS off fight.

In most of fights against them Thor is mostly ineffectual even powerwise.

As soon as you prove he was amped in durability.

Here you go.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ccf0311201100001.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_ccf0311201100000-1.jpg

He startled Chaos King. Superman produced enough power along with Ultraman to power the cosmic armor.

laughing out loud parroting me, how green. I think I've said enough about that then.

I cut out the parts of your post that were just trolling, and I still see mostly gibberish or responses that don't quite make sense to what you quoted so...I'm not sure how to respond from there.

Thanks for the scans though. Good feat.

See here we have another problem, I come back to see your reply and you're immediately nailed by another poster about this supposed CA power up feat, which leads me to believe it's just another "big bang heat vision" you're trying to pull. A certain level of honesty is expected in order to have any sort of rational debate. Don't disgrace the character you're trying to rep with filthy tactics like that.

We're done here. thumb up feel free to continue Originally posted by Damborgson

exposing your last word complex.

later

abhilegend
Ulik already had border line if not herald level durability when taking into account all his battles with Thor. What are u even saying?

The point is he was a more powerful version of himself due to Karnilla's magics. How does that not constitute an amp? Smh..

Proof that he met Thor head on as a more powerful version of himself. There was even a panel showing both colliding in mid air during that narration.

Dude he finally killed Ulik with what must have been an extremely powerful Mjolnir charged strike. His skull was the only thing left.
In the same arc, he literally busted through the teeth of a gigantic version off Atum the God Eater. Why downplay the feat?
Ulik is durable but when Thor cuts loose, he always beats the shit out of him. Its like saying Kalibak has herald level durability. It just doesn't sits well with how they are portrayed.

He was more powerful, no doubt about it. Was he necessarily more durable? I don't see how anybody can reach that conclusion seeing Thor reduced him to a skeleton.

Yeah, he collided with him. Loki hyping it up isn't a feat though.

That's the thing, hurting or even busting through skyfathers and such is one thing. Beating down or killing top tiers is another. Thor hurt galactus in the same arc but couldn't put down Surfer with several hammer strikes and flat out admitted he can't beat Hulk and never could. Thor was a beast under Fraction, he wasn't a herald killing machine under his own strength though.

abhilegend
Sometimes you weaken your credibility when you try to inflate and push stupid things like this (and things like the Superman big bang non-feat)
That's the thing though, I'm not making any of this up. I'm just posting what is shown on the page. You calling them a non feat? You must have a proof to prove so.

abhilegend
laughing out loud parroting me, how green. I think I've said enough about that then.

I cut out the parts of your post that were just trolling, and I still see mostly gibberish or responses that don't quite make sense to what you quoted so...I'm not sure how to respond from there. I see nothing but your concession here. Nice try to mask it though.

I know right.

See for yourself.

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16567579_11.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100707_12.jpg

Quantum Superman combines Superman and Ultraman's energies after totally reducing them to their consciousness via matter/antimatter reaction and then transmits it to cosmic armor "in a higher dimension". On the next page Cosmic Armor is activated with superman in charge of it. What am I supposed to think? Some random energy source powered it?
I'm just saying what was shown on panel though. You can disagree with it all you want but it would be futile when the on panel proof is against you.

Concession Accepted.

Heh. Next time use some better preemptive measures when you flee a debate.

Blue Area Vet

That's what Abby and h1 specialize in, downplay the uber feats of every character from Marvel. H1 just called Angir "the least durable high herald ever" after Thor impaled him with Mjolnir.

Cogito
That's the thing though, I'm not making any of this up. I'm just posting what is shown on the page. You calling them a non feat? You must have a proof to prove so.

I don't need to prove a negative, but for you I'll do it anyways.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_FCSMBeyond02Page012_zps5d5eae90.jpg
Allen fused symmetries (Superman & Ultraman), which provided enough energy to "broadcast his pure essence to a receiver in a higher dimension." At no point is there any mention of the duo providing enough energy to power the robot as you claim.

Edit: Ok, you posted the same thing at the same time.

Quantum Superman combines Superman and Ultraman's energies after totally reducing them to their consciousness via matter/antimatter reaction and then transmits it to cosmic armor "in a higher dimension". On the next page Cosmic Armor is activated with superman in charge of it. What am I supposed to think? Some random energy source powered it?
The panel explicitly says the energy released broadcasted their essence, absolutely nothing about powering half the robot. I mean seriously, you're borderline suggesting Superman has at least half the power of Mandrakk. Is it so ridiculous to believe that a thought robot capable of adapting to any threat, including a cosmic vampire that consumes stories might not need Superman to be both pilot and battery pack?

Rage.Of.Olympus

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/th_FCSMBeyond02Page012_zps5d5eae90.jpg
Allen fused symmetries (Superman & Ultraman), which provided enough energy to "broadcast his pure essence to a receiver in a higher dimension." At no point is there any mention of the duo providing enough energy to power the robot as you claim.

Don't bother, I already pointed this out. But you know....

superdur

abhilegend

Edit: Ok, you posted the same thing at the same time.

The panel explicitly says the energy released broadcasted their essence, absolutely nothing about powering half the robot. I mean seriously, you're borderline suggesting Superman has at least half the power of Mandrakk. Is it so ridiculous to believe that a thought robot capable of adapting to any threat, including a cosmic vampire that consumes stories might not need Superman to be both pilot and battery pack?
Heh, what is this "pure essence of superman" by the way? Why is it that ridiculous? Superman and Captain Marvel lifted a book with ****ing multiverse inside it in the very same series. Also tell me how did Superman's physical form fell down from monitor's world with bleed inside him when Cosmic Armor self-destructed and we saw CA receiving a drop from monitors?

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100761_25.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100762_26.jpg

Superman and Ultraman were powering it and that could be only logical conclusion. Unless you try to rationalize it under the preconceived notion of just how powerful superman is. "Only superman can save us now" wasn't said just for fun, y'know.

Silent Master
Don't bother, I already pointed this out. But you know....

superdur

abhi is the quan of Superman fanboys.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Silent Master

And you're the Virgil of KMC.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/F7849DF8-9171-4A3A-990C-92928CD0D704.jpg

I kid, I kid.

Odekahn
But seriously...

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/D28A666F-4FAC-45D9-BE43-738A83FB0F14.png

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
You're snake-eyes of ICT.

Cogito
Heh, what is this "pure essence of superman" by the way? Why is it that ridiculous? Superman and Captain Marvel lifted a book with ****ing multiverse inside it in the very same series. Also tell me how did Superman's physical form fell down from monitor's world with bleed inside him when Cosmic Armor self-destructed and we saw CA receiving a drop from monitors?

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100761_25.jpg http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100762_26.jpg

Superman and Ultraman were powering it and that could be only logical conclusion. Unless you try to rationalize it under the preconceived notion of just how powerful superman is. "Only superman can save us now" wasn't said just for fun, y'know.

You keep bringing up things that have nothing to do with powering the robot as "proof". Yes, Superman and Cap lifted the infinite book. That was specifically mentioned on panel, your claim was not. Yes, Superman and Ultraman fell from through the bleed, I have no idea how you go from that to...anything. Yes, the point of the story was "only Superman can save us", but no, that doesn't mean Superman powered the robot, only that he "piloted" it.

abhilegend
You keep bringing up things that have nothing to do with powering the robot as "proof". Really? Of course it was. How did Superman recieved Bleed from monitors if he wasn't inside the armor and powering it? How did he survive the matter/antimatter contact which would've atomised him? Then what powered the robot? One simple denial of what superman did can create a lot of plot holes in that story.

Batman-Prime
^Abhi and Cogito, I think you are both right in a way, just talking past each other. Superman powered the CA in a way but not with his personal, sunbased energies stored in his cells, but with his "story" the greatest story ever told. The CA was a though Robot, adapting to any threat, invincible and as powerful as the story "fueling" it. That's at least the way I understood it. So that doesn't means that Superman has infinite energies, his "story" does however and he has those energies only if the "story" requires it. In the end Superman will always save the day.

abhilegend
^Abhi and Cogito, I think you are both right in a way, just talking past each other. Superman powered the CA in a way but not with his personal, sunbased energies stored in his cells, but with his "story" the greatest story ever told. The CA was a though Robot, adapting to any threat, invincible and as powerful as the story "fueling" it. That's at least the way I understood it. So that doesn't means that Superman has infinite energies, his "story" does however and he has those energies only if the "story" requires it. In the end Superman will always save the day.
Well that was never stated either, so it is not true. We need exact statement for everything in comics bro.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>