Kurse vs. Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Round 1: Original Doomsday.

Round 2: Clone Doomsday.

DOomsday can come back 3 times but Kurse gets full rest each time he does.

JBL
Kurse stomps in both.

pym-ftw
Dos & Rex?

Kurse in both imo

Golgo13
Doomsday
Kurse.

Damborgson
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Dos & Rex?

Kurse in both imo

quanchi112
Kurse wins.

h1a8
By the stops DD wins in both

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by The Merchant
Round 1: Original Doomsday.

Round 2: Clone Doomsday.

After 1 death he will beat kurse every time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Dos & Rex?

Kurse in both imo

Cogito
If DD starts at DOS, then Kurse would beat him down.

When he resurrects the first time, he'd be H/P Doomsday, and that's enough to beat Kurse. Even if it wasn't, there's no way Kurse could survive another DD resurrection, let alone two more.

Rao Kal El
I need to read about Kurse and Gorr and see what is all the fuzz about.

I read about 8th day juggernaut and it was a total let down, Hopefully Kurse and Gorr will look better on their apperances, I think I read a little bit about Gorr and he seems pretty beastly.

So since I don't know Kurse , I won't give my opinion on this until I read about him big grin

Naija boy
Kurse wins both

Golgo13
Originally posted by Rao Kal El

I read about 8th day juggernaut and it was a total let down, Hopefully Kurse and Gorr will look better on their apperances, I think I read a little bit about Gorr and he seems pretty beastly.

So since I don't know Kurse , I won't give my opinion on this until I read about him big grin

He's formidable, but against HP Doomy, he would lose.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Golgo13
He's formidable, but against HP Doomy, he would lose. Based on ?

Rao Kal El
He's formidable, but against HP Doomy, he would lose.

thumb up

deathslash

So since I don't know Kurse , I won't give my opinion on this until I read about him big grin Kurse was originally twice as strong as thor and then Thor put on his belt of strength (which basically makes him twice as powerful as he already is) just so that he could fight Kurse on even terms, but the Beyonder then made it so that he would still be twice as powerful as Thor (even when he was wearing he belt of strength), in affect making Kurse four times as strong as Thor. In addition to his insane strength levels, Kurse is also a legit speedster, his suit of armor is magical and even grants him the ability to see in every direction around him, and he has supernatural tracking abilities and is a very skilled warrior. I hope that that will help shed some light on who Kurse is.

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
Kurse was originally twice as strong as thor and then Thor put on his belt of strength (which basically makes him twice as powerful as he already is) just so that he could fight Kurse on even terms, but the Beyonder then made it so that he would still be twice as powerful as Thor (even when he was wearing he belt of strength), in affect making Kurse four times as strong as Thor. In addition to his insane strength levels, Kurse is also a legit speedster, his suit of armor is magical and even grants him the ability to see in every direction around him, and he has supernatural tracking abilities and is a very skilled warrior. I hope that that will help shed some light on who Kurse is.
The second time Kurse wasn't granted twice more of Thor's double strength. It wasn't specified how much he was upgraded. Also laughing out loud @ him being a speedster. The guy walked for weeks underwater to get to newyork FFS.

Insane Titan
Kurse wins in both, don't be fooled by the DD hype

JBL
Originally posted by abhilegend
The second time Kurse wasn't granted twice more of Thor's double strength. It wasn't specified how much he was upgraded. Also laughing out loud @ him being a speedster. The guy walked for weeks underwater to get to newyork FFS. So Kurse is not 4 times stronger than thor by your reasoning?

abhilegend
Yes. More than twice strong, but not four times as strong.

JBL
Yes. More than twice strong, but not four times as strong. Re-read about Kurse and study what the Beyonder did to Kurse. Pay very close attention to the parts where Beyonder increased Kurse strength twice. Study the subject and events that took place on how strong kurse got in both increases. I will walk you through it if you cannot understand.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Re-read about Kurse and study what the Beyonder did to Kurse. Pay very close attention to the parts where Beyonder increased Kurse strength twice. Study the subject and events that took place on how strong kurse got in both increases. I will walk you through it if you cannot understand.
I did. Pray tell me where it is increased double fold again. Beyonder increased his strength but how much? Its unknown.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100909_Thor_363-12.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100910_Thor_363-13.jpg

You always talk big kid.

JBL
I did. Pray tell me where it is increased double fold again. Beyonder increased his strength but how much? Its unknown.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100909_Thor_363-12.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/17100910_Thor_363-13.jpg

You always talk big kid. Good lord dude? If beyonder increased kurses strength to the point that it made kurse twice as strong as thor and thor put on his belt of strength to even the field and the beyonder saw this and then DID THE SAME THING AGAIN, by GREATLY increasing kurses strength to off set thors belt of strength, you do the math. FOLLOW THE SUBJECT DUDE to learn the results. Why do you post scans and then try and twist them to YOUR personal wishes????????????????????????

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Good lord dude? If beyonder increased kurses strength to the point that it made kurse twice as strong as thor and thor put on his belt of strength to even the field and the beyonder saw this and then DID THE SAME THING AGAIN, by GREATLY increasing kurses strength to off set thors belt of strength, you do the math. Offsetting somebody's advantage is increasing somebody's strength two fold? What a great logic you have there kid. What's there to calculate anyway? Beyonder didn't increase his strength twofold again. What personal wishes kid? I said Kurse is more than twice as strong as Thor but not four times as strong. If you have any scans which I doubt you do, post it where Kurse is said to be four times as strong as Thor. I can post the scan which say that its ambiguous how much Beyonder amped Kurse again though.

Here it is said to be further increased only.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse07.jpg

Beyond precise calculation.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsKurse08488.jpg

Also lulz @ Thor locking up with him.

What is your proof besides WRITING IN CAPS!!!!111

pym-ftw
He increased his strength to "offset" the belt of strength I'm not sure where the problem is?

Offset; (noun)- an amount or consideration that diminishes or dismisses a contrary one.

Raisen
damn. abhi may be right. there's nothing stating exactly four times as strong as thor. just more than twice obviously...due to the increase over the belt of strength.

JBL
Originally posted by Raisen
damn. abhi may be right. there's nothing stating exactly four times as strong as thor. just more than twice obviously...due to the increase over the belt of strength. The beyonder offset the belt of strength power gain. when curse was twice as strong as thor, thor counted with his belt.... beyonder saw this then offset it again making kurse far stronger than thor even while thor was wearing the belt, really simple to see except for scan twisting abhi.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raisen
damn. abhi may be right. there's nothing stating exactly four times as strong as thor. just more than twice obviously...due to the increase over the belt of strength. thumb up

Kurse is 100x stronger than Thor.

Canon.

Rao Kal El
Was this strength increse only applied to Thor's power? or is applied to anyone he faces?

Mindset
Was this strength increse only applied to Thor's power? or is applied to anyone he faces? no expression

TheLordofMurder
He increased his strength to "offset" the belt of strength I'm not sure where the problem is?

Offset; (noun)- an amount or consideration that diminishes or dismisses a contrary one.

thumb up

Seems like common sense to me; the Beyonder "offset" the amp the belt of strength gave Thor...

Thus Kurse was x4 Thor after the Beyonders 2nd amp....

deathslash
Was this strength increse only applied to Thor's power? or is applied to anyone he faces? huh He's four times stronger than thor and his strength remains fixed at what it currently is (It's not like he gets four times stronger than anybody that he fights but he doesn't get any weaker either).

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
If DD starts at DOS, then Kurse would beat him down.

When he resurrects the first time, he'd be H/P Doomsday, and that's enough to beat Kurse. Even if it wasn't, there's no way Kurse could survive another DD resurrection, let alone two more. thumb up Like you said: DoS DD was 'killed' by Byrne-era Superman once-- after resurrecting, he was H/P DD. So yeah, one 'death'/resurrection is all it'd take for DoS DD to get up to 'Kurse-busting' levels, imo. Unfortunately, said resurrection took quite a bit of time to come about, so I don't think it would be viable in a forum battle.

_______

Aside from that, I do not believe DoS DD was anywhere near his full power(which is probably why/how Supes was able to 'beat' him solo.) I say this because Bertron noted that DD was powered by solar energy, and could store it for "a millenium" if need be:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17104999/1.jpg.html

However, it was later noted that DD had been buried on earth(without any exposure to sunlight, obviously) for "hundredS of thousandS of years" when Supes first encountered him:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17105000/2.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/17105001/3.jpg.html

...So if DD was only able to store energy for the first 1,000 years he was imprisoned, I think it's safe to say that he would have been very, very weak(relative to himself, of course) by the time of DoS.

/useless rant

Hyperion Prime
Kurse wins in both fights.

ODG
^ So it took Doomsday hundreds of thousands of years to evolve beyond restraints. What a schnook.

he Originally posted by Mindset
no expression When even the incomparable Mindset is struck speechless, you know it's bad.

Hyperion Prime
Yes. More than twice strong, but not four times as strong.

Your math sucks. If the beyonder made Kurse 2x as strong as Thor and then did it again that is 4x as strong as original Thor.

Galan007
Originally posted by ODG
^ So it took Doomsday hundreds of thousands of years to evolve beyond restraints. What a schnook.

he When even the incomparable Mindset is struck speechless, you know it's bad. Given that he was 'killed' by Radiant before he was imprisoned and cut off from sunlight for 200,000+ years, I'm not even sure how the phuck he got out of the prison at all..?

http://images.wikia.com/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/b/b3/Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

Hyperion Prime
Was this strength increse only applied to Thor's power? or is applied to anyone he faces?

MF'er sad ...........No way you can't be serious.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime

His post was clearly edited by the treacherous Bada.

Cogito
Originally posted by Galan007
Unfortunately, said resurrection took quite a bit of time to come about, so I don't think it would be viable in a forum battle.
Basing the viability of resurrecting on OP
Originally posted by The Merchant

h1a8
Going by the way he was fighting Thor I would say DD in both.
Plus the stips say that DD can come back to life 3 times. Kruse had no way to win with those stips

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Mindset
no expression

I am asking, I already stated that I am not familiar with the character. mad

Rao Kal El
huh He's four times stronger than thor and his strength remains fixed at what it currently is (It's not like he gets four times stronger than anybody that he fights but he doesn't get any weaker either).

thumb up ok thanks for the clarification, I have honestly not read about the character, so i dont know how his power works. big grin

Mindset
I am asking, I already stated that I am not familiar with the character. mad Even if you didn't know who Kurse was, reading those scans should give you your answer.

Rao Kal El

laughing out loud I am asking, what the hell is wrong with that? I already stated that I am not familiar with the character. oh wait you think that was my argument laughing out loud

Rao Kal El
Even if you didn't know who Kurse was, reading those scans should give you your answer.

I read the first two and I made a question, whats wrong with that?

Mindset
I read the first two and I made a question, whats wrong with that? Pretty much everything.

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
Basing the viability of resurrecting on OP dur @ me.

Batman-Prime
Pretty much everything.

You leave Rao Kal El Alone!

http://i.imgur.com/7DhogPB.gif

Mindset
Thread dum dums:

Rao
Galan

Canon.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
You leave Rao Kal El Alone!

http://i.imgur.com/7DhogPB.gif

embarrasment laughing out loud

Thread dum dums:

Rao
Galan

Canon.

embarrasment sadangel

abhilegend
huh He's four times stronger than thor and his strength remains fixed at what it currently is (It's not like he gets four times stronger than anybody that he fights but he doesn't get any weaker either). Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Your math sucks. If the beyonder made Kurse 2x as strong as Thor and then did it again that is 4x as strong as original Thor.
"Offsetting his strength advantage"=/=Increasing his strength two fold. If Kurse was actually four times as strong as Thor, the writers would've specified it. It is said again that Kurse is more than twice as strong as Thor. How much? Its never specified. You post one scan which says he's four times as strong as Thor and I would concede.

pym-ftw

abhilegend
Yeah, he's more than two times stronger than Thor as said multiple times. Never four times stronger though.

Mindset
From Websters dictionary.

pym-ftw
He created a nemesis to test Thor that was 2x as strong

Thor doubled his strength

Beyonder then increased Kurse's strength to offset the amp.

There is more literal evidence for than against.

Branlor Swift
From Websters dictionary. end of discussion

Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/434b0daaf0f1f5a75a6893a0b4c99ff5/tumblr_mi4fbckJOC1qc1vfso2_250.gif

DTM
HP Doomsday would Definately beat 2xThor Kurse, that Doomsday was handling Superman, Orion and Jonn together, easily, thats way too much for 2 Thors. Now 4xThor Kurse, thats a much closer match, one (thanks to DDs massive speed advantage) I could see going either way. If anyone thinks any Kurse will Solidly handle HP Doomsday, clearly doesnt know what that DD is capable of.

quanchi112
He created a nemesis to test Thor that was 2x as strong

Thor doubled his strength

Beyonder then increased Kurse's strength to offset the amp.

There is more literal evidence for than against. thumb up

Hyperion Prime
Yeah, he's more than two times stronger than Thor as said multiple times. Never four times stronger though.

This dude is a damn clown. Ok Kurse is billion times stronger than Thor. Azz clown.

quanchi112
This dude is a damn clown. Ok Kurse is billion times stronger than Thor. Azz clown. laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
He offset the advantage of the belt of strength. IE, he made him back to twice as strong as Thor. IE 4 times as strong as normal Thor. Why would he offset the strength to just above Thor when he was immensely pleased with what 2x Thor Kurse was doing?

Though it is interesting, and I guess I never looked into it, but I figured that the statement would be there in spades.
Curious if it was ever literally stated, because anyone not named Superman needs a literal statement to be right.

abhilegend
This dude is a damn clown. Ok Kurse is billion times stronger than Thor. Azz clown.
You post a single scan in your favor you goof and I would accept it. A single scan.

quanchi112
You post a single scan in your favor you goof and I would accept it. A single scan. 2+2=4.

h1a8
Originally posted by quanchi112
2+2=4.
Moe: "Multiplying eh?"
Moe then ***** smacks Quan.
Quan : "But Moe".

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Moe: "Multiplying eh?"
Moe then ***** smacks Quan.
Quan : "But Moe". You can't be a real person you just can't be.

Rao Kal El
2+2=4.

Based on? stick out tongue

psycho gundam
You can't be a real person you just can't be. hysterical

golem370
Kurse should be near indestructible only weak to Kurse.

Rao Kal El
Doomsday
Kurse.

thumb up

Those Doomsday clones are worthless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.