Superman vs......Low Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
No cis for clark. He is determined to win by any means short of killing. Fight occurs on the sunny side of the moon.

Ronan
Doom
Magneto
Super Skull

Team gets about a minute prep....

How does he fair?

pym-ftw
Team can bfr him, but Superman will give them a hell of a fight.

ShadowFyre
One minute prep! Spite. With prep Doom beats the 4th wall and kills us all! What have you done?

Superman cuts the moon into pieces via heat vision or "splitting the pie". He then uses ftl bullrushes or phases to bust through Dooms and Magneto shields. Flicking them with his pinky finger he leaves them in a vegetative state. But alive. By now Ronan and Super Skrull have regrouped and begin their assault

Skrull opensnup millions of tiny force fields inside Supermans super dense muscle tissue leading to severe cramping and possibly internal injuries. Ronan flies up and molly whops Supes in the head with a charged Universal weapons strike. From here the fight can go one of two ways.

The duo continue their vicious assault with Skrull concentrating on the bubbles long enough to demobilize and distract Supes so that Ronan scores a KO.

Supes "powers" through it . One shots Ronan and then does the same to Skrull.

Sin I AM
U have a great imagination. I think if mags doom and skrull were to combine shields supes would be hard pressed to break thru initially

ShadowFyre
Thats why I broke em up at the beginning of the fight. I could easily make a win for the team but with Supes rollin solo on this one I thought it would more fun to go for the underdog.

ShadowFyre
Doom immediately casts a spell of silence and invisibility on the team at thensame time skrull uses hisnpower to makenthenteam invisible. Unable to seebhis opponents supesbunleashesnhis hv noticingbthat it doesentngetbthrougnancertain part due to mags force field. He bullrushes the spot only to bounce off. Skrull and doom now adding their own forces to mags. Supes unleashes another blast of hv to re obtain his target only to have it refracted and redirected in his own face due to light altering bubbles by Skrull. Now blind and deaf and disoriented. Ronans charged hammer strikes come from everywhere at the same time as bubbles open up in his body and brain and magical energy blasts rip into his body. Etc.etc. blah blab. To easy. He has no defense against dooms attacks.

Warlord
team. 1 minute is enough for Doom to invoke powerful magic

Sin I AM
hmmmm............i dunno. i see it as more evenly matched. people seem to forget how powerful clark is, and how well this team will work in tandem

LordofBrooklyn
Team Marvel dies!

carver9
Is this full powered Mags?

Warlord
doom magic ftw

LordofBrooklyn
I will grace, SIN I AM, with a proper explanation.

Clark goes speedblitz and kills Ronan and Super-Skrull. I give Magneto and DOOM credit for being shielded enough to withstand the initial onslaught.

They aren't so lucky the next time.

Magneto's field gets breached. Find peace, Magnus.

That leaves DOOM.

The coward removes Clark from the battlefield..maybe cool

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Is this full powered Mags?

yea pre PF

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Clark goes speedblitz and kills Ronan and Super-Skrull. I give Magneto and DOOM credit for being shielded enough to withstand the initial onslaught.

That leaves DOOM.

The coward removes Clark from the battlefield..maybe cool

The skrull has shields too btw, and im almost certain ronan does, bt i cant remember a scene in particular

Warlord
not to mention Doom can summon demons to aid him in the fight.
a "blitz everybody ftw" aint happening

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
The skrull has shields too btw, and im almost certain ronan does, bt i cant remember a scene in particular

The Skrull's shield is internally powered and too weak to stand up to a no nonsense Superman. The same goes for Ronan.

Magneto is drawing upon a fundamental force of the universe and DOOM has both tech and magic to enhance his.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Warlord
not to mention Doom can summon demons to aid him in the fight.
a "blitz everybody ftw" aint happening

The cosmic crew die in the initial blitz.

The mutant scum dies in the second.

The tyrant is left for last.

Warlord
i like how he's blitzing while the stand there dying thumb up

abhilegend
i like how he's blitzing while the stand there dying thumb up
Do you think they can match superman in speed?

Sin I AM
The Skrull's shield is internally powered and too weak to stand up to a no nonsense Superman. The same goes for Ronan.

Magneto is drawing upon a fundamental force of the universe and DOOM has both tech and magic to enhance his.

nonsense, the teams combined shielding at the beginning of the bout will be enough to hold superman at bay from an initial bullrush. Which he wont do, because he rarely just charges into a group without assessing the situation. which allows the team namely doom to prep spells, while ronan and the skrull engage him h2h

Warlord
Originally posted by abhilegend
Do you think they can match superman in speed?
no. but they start with shields. that sould give them a chance to react and cobining Doom's magic with the others' powers can grand them the win

LordofBrooklyn
nonsense, the teams combined shielding at the beginning of the bout will be enough to hold superman at bay from an initial bullrush. Which he wont do, because he rarely just charges into a group without assessing the situation. which allows the team namely doom to prep spells, while ronan and the skrull engage him h2h

Outside of DOOM and Magneto isn't auto-shielding unusual for Ronan and Super-Skrull?

I say this because keeping character traits intact outside of Clark going all out, the Cosmic crew won't be shielded.

pym-ftw
The Universal Weapon has shields, Ronan is just a Brick without tech.

Kl'rt has stronger shields than Sue and the passive defences of Reed

Neither is getting oneshot...

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by pym-ftw
The Universal Weapon has shields, Ronan is just a Brick without tech.

Kl'rt has stronger shields than Sue and the passive defences of Reed

Neither is getting oneshot...

Clark hitting them as hard as possible certaintly breaks them.

They are mid-heralds for a reason.

Warlord
it's not that simple. Mags and Doom shields combined just aint get one shot

Ambient
I don't know about that! Sue and Mags Ff is uber + u got some Ronan's tech (miniaturize black hole comes to mind), + Doom (Nuff said) and its Superman tale to lose. Though it'd be some match.

abhilegend
no. but they start with shields. that sould give them a chance to react and cobining Doom's magic with the others' powers can grand them the win
Superman smashes shields like nobody's business.

Brockalizer
Do you think they can match superman in speed? They don't have to match him. A minute is more than enough time to slow him down with a double team from Kl'rt and Doom. Once he's slowed down a charged strike from the Universal weapon should be enough to take him down.

eaebiakuya
If prep means : They can start the battle with Shilds up, then i think Superman will lose.

Superman need some time to break Magneto shield. He will face Magneto Shield + Magic Shield (from Doom) + Super Skrull force field.

In that time, Magneto will try attack with internal attacks and Doom with magical attacks.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Brockalizer
They don't have to match him. A minute is more than enough time to slow him down with a double team from Kl'rt and Doom. Once he's slowed down a charged strike from the Universal weapon should be enough to take him down.
facepalm

Ronan isn't taking down Superman in any situation.

Odekahn
Superman would break them like he did the Elite when he got serious.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Odekahn
Superman would break them like he did the Elite when he got serious.

With the exception of black noone on the elite is comparable to this squad

Sin I AM
Outside of DOOM and Magneto isn't auto-shielding unusual for Ronan and Super-Skrull?

I say this because keeping character traits intact outside of Clark going all out, the Cosmic crew won't be shielded.

Its not autoshielding its common sense. Plus they have prep and basic knowledge

Odekahn
With the exception of black noone on the elite is comparable to this squad

Hat??

Sin I AM
Hat??

Name one

LordofBrooklyn
Its not autoshielding its common sense. Plus they have prep and basic knowledge

He is too fast for "Common sense" to work here.

The cosmic squad go first.

Then the mutie.

Brockalizer
facepalm

Ronan isn't taking down Superman in any situation. It was powerful enough to BFR the Avengers, powerful enough to one shot Nova,powerful enough to re-power super beings, powerful enough to take down Gladiator being amped by the Magus, but it can't do anything against Superman? Your bias is amazing.

Sin I AM
He is too fast for "Common sense" to work here.

The cosmic squad go first.

Then the mutie. your lowballing. The team have a minute prep. With that and basic knowledge the consensus would be to shield each other and prevent a blitz which like I said Clark wont do

maxivitopowe
Yeah dont think he can get through a 3/4fold shield whilst being physically manhandled by SS and Ronan with magic attacks from Doom and and attempted internal attacks from SS, Mahs and maybe Doom

Ash_J_Williams
Team 10/10. Doom + prep + tons of shields is... more than enough.

LordofBrooklyn
your lowballing. The team have a minute prep. With that and basic knowledge the consensus would be to shield each other and prevent a blitz which like I said Clark wont do

Give me your impression of what an unrestrained Superman is capable of.

TheLordofMurder
Nice thread Sin I Am! thumb up

I think this is a very close fight; team does have a minute prep to raise shields and maybe prepare a spell or two, but an unbound Superman is an absolute beast and we all know he can take incredible amounts of punishment...

That said, I give it to the team 6/10...

I think Doom is capable of rapidly coming up with a plan for taking down (or atleast BFR'ing) Supes, but unbound, no one here has shields strong enough to hold up for long against a determined Superman...

Anyone who's shielding he gets through gets one-shotted...

Rao Kal El
Nice fight but lobotomy at super speed will work around those invisible shields since clark is CIS off with intention of winning by any means necessary short of killing IMO

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Nice fight but lobotomy at super speed will work around those invisible shields since clark is CIS off with intention of winning by any means necessary short of killing IMO

He's lobotomized someone thru shields before?

Rao Kal El
He's lobotomized someone thru shields before?

Is it a transparent shield right?

So, basically if the shield is transparent is a possible tactic.

Batman-Prime
No cis for clark. He is determined to win by any means short of killing. Fight occurs on the sunny side of the moon.

Ronan
Doom
Magneto
Super Skull

Team gets about a minute prep....

How does he fair?
They go down, only Mags will hang in for a while.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Brockalizer
It was powerful enough to BFR the Avengers, powerful enough to one shot Nova,powerful enough to re-power super beings, powerful enough to take down Gladiator being amped by the Magus, but it can't do anything against Superman? Your bias is amazing.
Yup, superman is far more powerful than Gladiator and Nova. Glad you saw it too.

eaebiakuya
Magneto shield can block light. And I dont think Superman powers will surpass a magic shield.

Mindset

That leaves DOOM.

The coward removes Clark from the battlefield..maybe cool Take your computer and throw it out the window.

Mindset
Is it a transparent shield right?

So, basically if the shield is transparent is a possible tactic. What?

abhilegend
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Magneto shield can block light. And I dont think Superman powers will surpass a magic shield.
Can he? I wouldn't be so sure about it.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16483265_04-30-09-01-10.jpg

quanchi112
Team, easily.

Tony Stark
Doom solos

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Doom solos
Lol

Mindset
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Doom solos thumb up

maxivitopowe
He can redirect HV back @ Supes

Pillow Biter
Superman has plenty of showings where he was powerful enough to beat the team. But even dropping the gloves, I'm not sure that his 'average' (even when going nearly all-out) is high enough to beat this Marvel team, especially with Doom having so much magic these days.

JBL
Yup, superman is far more powerful than Gladiator and Nova. Glad you saw it too. Mindset, please let me borrow your words.

Take your computer and throw it out the window. Thanks Mindset.

JBL
He's lobotomized someone thru shields before? I would like to see your question answered also. I swear, some people give superman more abilities than yu-gi-oh effect monster but have no on-panel proof.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Mindset, please let me borrow your words.

Take your computer and throw it out the window. Thanks Mindset.
Your butthurt is noted. Go back to CBR kid.

JBL
Your butthurt is noted. Go back to CBR kid. CBR must have really did a number on you. You are the one butthurt dude as noted by multiple posters who correct your false statements ( butthurt ) on choice scans of ole big blue. This team can and will beat superman and it seems to kill you to hear it. Thats butthurt my friend. And for prying eyes that think hate... This team will also beat gladiator or Nova. Just want to put that out there.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
CBR must have really did a number on you. You are the one butthurt dude as noted by multiple posters who correct your false statements ( butthurt ) on choice scans of ole big blue. This team can and will beat superman and it seems to kill you to hear it. Thats butthurt my friend. And for prying eyes that think hate... This team will also beat gladiator or Nova. Just want to put that out there.
Sure kid, sure. I'm literally dying right now. Now where are your proofs that DC backed away from Image?

ShadowFyre
This team can beat a lot of characters with Doom and Mags leading the way and even this small amount of prep. Supes can take some wins here though. He has the means to seperate the team. This is actually a good fight. Doom is the key player here as he is the only one thatbcan put Supes down FAST enough.

Sin I AM
I don't think a battle like this comes down to speed. Outside the flash family blitzing doesn't really seem effective

abhilegend
I don't think a battle like this comes down to speed. Outside the flash family blitzing doesn't really seem effective
Really?

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814a.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814b.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814c.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814d.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814e.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814f.jpg
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Battles/teams/ActionComics814g.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_trinity13p06zw7.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_trinity13p07yf0.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_23-AdventuresOfSupermanAnnual04-16.jpg

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/16479874_BSWWTrinity-003-57.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Mindset
Take your computer and throw it out the window.

SILENCE, FOOL!
Now I'll ask you the same question I asked SIN I AM.

What do you think an unrestrained Superman is capable of?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
This team will also beat gladiator or Nova. Just want to put that out there.

Boy scout Superman is above both Gladiator and Nova. An unrestrained Superman is a tier above.

Batman-Prime
Boy scout Superman is above both Gladiator and Nova. An unrestrained Superman is a tier above.

thumb up A holding back Superman is High Herald level, if he becomes serious he goes up to Trans or even Low Skyfatherlevels.

ShadowFyre
SILENCE, FOOL!

What do you think an unrestrained Superman is capable of?

2nd base with Lois.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
2nd base with Lois.

laughing

But no mad

He is banging this

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2013/118/8/4/wonder_woman_by_jeffach-d59egpa.jpg

ShadowFyre
Nice. About time.

Sin I AM

No.

LordofBrooklyn
No.

Yes, he is.

Now, again, what is your impression of an unrestrained Superman?

If you give me an example it will make for a better debate.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up A holding back Superman is High Herald level, if he becomes serious he goes up to Trans or even Low Skyfatherlevels.
thumb up

Sin I AM
Yes, he is.

If you give me an example it will make for a better debate. an unrestrained superman is stil high herald. Your trolling if u think that a simple mindset change makes him trans

Batman-Prime
an unrestrained superman is stil high herald. Your trolling if u think that a simple mindset change makes him trans

Accusing someone to troll just because you disagree is wrong tbh.
Look at OWAW Superman fighting High Herald - Trans - low Skyfather Probes. Teams of Heralds were bested by some of them and Superman oneshoted them, unrestrained. The logical conclusion is that he was far above them with this mindset. If they were "only" High herald, which wouldn't make sense since they owned Teams and Planets full of heralds, that would mean he is at least Trans. Most likely they were higher, and this would mean he was too. Just sayin, bro.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Accusing someone to troll just because you disagree is wrong tbh.
Look at OWAW Superman fighting High Herald - Trans - low Skyfather Probes. Teams of Heralds were bested by some of them and Superman oneshoted them, unrestrained. The logical conclusion is that he was far above them with this mindset. If they were "only" High herald, which wouldn't make sense since they owned Teams and Planets full of heralds, that would mean he is at least Trans. Most likely they were higher, and this would mean he was too. Just sayin, bro.

Don't call me bro. And my statement still stands. A mindset change does not elevate a character a tier. Onslaught is a solid trans character. ..so is Amazo; SBP. no way does superman without an amp and simply "serious" their equal.

-Pr-
Superman could, if you use his best feats, be argued as being a low trans character. In fact, most of said feats happen when he stops holding back or is otherwise amped.

Same for Thor, Surfer and a couple of others too.

All that said, team wins.

Superman would beat Ronan. He'd beat Super Skrull. He might even beat them together. He'd beat Magneto on his own, but a three on one is pushing it unless he's using his speed from the get-go.

Then, though, there's Doom.

Team wins, but not easily.

LordofBrooklyn
an unrestrained superman is stil high herald. Your trolling if u think that a simple mindset change makes him trans

Would your ignoring of definitive Superman canon make you a troll?

I ask because your assertion that a "Simple mindset change" doesn't make him trans is absolutely wrong. The comics clearly say otherwise.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman could, if you use his best feats, be argued as being a low trans character. In fact, most of said feats happen when he stops holding back or is otherwise amped.

Same for Thor, Surfer and a couple of others too.

All that said, team wins.

Superman would beat Ronan. He'd beat Super Skrull. He might even beat them together. He'd beat Magneto on his own, but a three on one is pushing it unless he's using his speed from the get-go.

Then, though, there's Doom.

Team wins, but not easily.

But that's cherry picking pr. The same could be said for every character. Hell strange would be a skyfather.

LordofBrooklyn
But that's cherry picking pr. The same could be said for every character. Hell strange would be a skyfather.

Dr.Strange is a pure trans character.

IIRC Eternity said he was a "God" unamped.

You hear that,Branla?

P.S. It is not cherry picking.

-Pr-

It's not cherry picking when it's consistent. There's a difference between a character like say, Cyclops, who has a nice feat every now and then, even if they vary wildly at times, and a character like Superman or Thor who, when pushed to the limit, leave their so-called peers behind.

It's the difference between a freak outlier and a "this is what happens when you push him/her this far" situation.

JBL
Yes, he is.

If you give me an example it will make for a better debate. No he is not. Superman holds back to keep from harming humans or far weaker opponents. He does not get any stronger, does not became a better fighter, does not all of a sudden gets stronger than black adam, captain marvel or ultraman. By him "unrestrained" he does not get anywhere near, prime, WBH, Kurse or PC superman. He has NEVER stopped holding back and then overpowered BA or CM who are his equal and possibly his better in strength. A non holding back superman has been seen on panel against many strong characters. Superman does not have hulks powerset, you will never hear... the madder superman gets, the stronger he gets. You will never see him will himself stronger. His mental blocks does not cut his strength whereas he has to cut them on or off. There is not a writer in the world that will say that this character is equal to superman until superman stops holding back or drop mental blocks. ALL characters can go all out, but unless its known or stated that they have some sort of power increasing abilities, their strength remains the same, unless, the madder hulk gets, warrior madnesses, the more confident gladiator is or SUNDIPPING for superman meaning he has to leave the battlefield and go to a power source to increase his strength. The bell is ringing. School is out. But detention hall will have to be open now.

-Pr-
Except they actually did say that in a comic.

Superman has dynamic strength, and has for years now.

The argument that he doesn't is either born of ignorance or hate, imo.

Mindset
SILENCE, FOOL!

What do you think an unrestrained Superman is capable of? Losing to Doom.

Sin I AM
So are u suggesting that outlier is their norm? High end feats are just that. High end. They just have more to draw on since they are marquee personas. The key word u used was when "pushed" and its generally circumstantial and plot based. Silver Surfer when pushed has higher level feats..he still doesn't eclipse his peers and it damn sure doesn't place him in the trans category. If so make the thread. A serious superman vs ...any trans tier.

JBL

The argument that he doesn't is either born of ignorance or hate, imo. No he does not. I tell you what, let me and you take this to a battlezone. But let me ask you these questions. Why does superman sundipp or gets outside amps? When has superman fought and equal and was noted to stop holding back or drop mental blocks and all of a sudden gets stronger than his stated equal?

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
No he does not. I tell you what, let me and you take this to a battlezone. But let me ask you these questions. Why does superman sundipp or gets outside amps? When has superman fought and equal and was noted to stop holding back or drop mental blocks and all of a sudden gets stronger than his stated equal?

Yes, he does; the final authority, THE COMICS, say he does.

Why take this to a battlezone? We both know it won't change either of our minds, and your Superman hate is well known on the forum.

He sundips because he needs to amp to level his dynamic strength can't reach quickly enough. It's his power up move, and a writing device to show him pulling out all of the stops.

Superman against Probes. Superman against Doomsday. Superman during most of the run from Loeb's start on the book up until IC.

It's usually shown as Superman switching in to another gear, but has been shown in other ways.

Not to mention Emil Hamilton actually flat out STATING that Superman gets more powerful based on solar absorption due to his emotional state, which is consistent with the comics.

JBL
Yes, he does; the final authority, THE COMICS, say he does.

Why take this to a battlezone? We both know it won't change either of our minds, and your Superman hate is well known on the forum.

He sundips because he needs to amp to level his dynamic strength can't reach quickly enough. It's his power up move, and a writing device to show him pulling out all of the stops.

Superman against Probes. Superman against Doomsday. Superman during most of the run from Loeb's start on the book up until IC.

It's usually shown as Superman switching in to another gear, but has been shown in other ways.

Not to mention Emil Hamilton actually flat out STATING that Superman gets more powerful based on solar absorption due to his emotional state, which is consistent with the comics. I could show you every character in comics were they gets bounced around and then win in the end. That in no way suggests that they got stronger or more powerful. Superman under stress starts absorbing more solar energy, UNDER STRESS, meaning hes using energy faster than his body can replenish while under stress. But lets just agree to disagree. Also, pointing out facts about a character is not hating that character.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Mindset
Losing to Doom.

Not under these circumstances.

No restraint. No mental Blocks.

DOOM is no more!

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
The bell is ringing. School is out. But detention hall will have to be open now.

You've obviously left the University of comics too early, JBL.

Canon says that you've stated in regard to Superman is wrong.

Definitively.

Which do you want to challenge?

Mental blocks removed.

Bloodlusted.

Decimus

The argument that he doesn't is either born of ignorance or hate, imo.

Or the third scenario

JBL
You've obviously left the University of comics too early, JBL.

Canon says that you've stated in regard to Superman is wrong.

Definitively.

Which do you want to challenge?

Mental blocks removed.

Bloodlusted. My challenge will be issued to non-bias people so that the judging will be fair to both sides. Enjoy your day. wink

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by JBL
My challenge will be issued to non-bias people so that the judging will be fair to both sides. Enjoy your day. wink

Ha, enjoy yours as well. sir! big grin

Odekahn
Superman even imposes mental blocks upon himself in MOS when he has to focus and concentrate because he's hearing and seeing through everything.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
I could show you every character in comics were they gets bounced around and then win in the end. That in no way suggests that they got stronger or more powerful. Superman under stress starts absorbing more solar energy, UNDER STRESS, meaning hes using energy faster than his body can replenish while under stress. But lets just agree to disagree. Also, pointing out facts about a character is not hating that character.

if they were facts, it wouldn't be.

abhilegend
I don't know how many times I have to post this scan.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Energy/absorbing/adventuresof636a.jpg

quanchi112
That is one scan. Continue to cherry pick feats all you want. That isn't the same as Hulks dynamic strength. Not at all.

-Pr-
It isn't cherry picking to say he has dynamic strength, when it has a decade's worth of support.

Not everything is about the Hulk, so quit your jealousy.

quanchi112
It isn't cherry picking to say he has dynamic strength, when it has a decade's worth of support.

Not everything is about the Hulk, so quit your jealousy. Then what else supports it save that scan.

JBL
Originally posted by quanchi112
That is one scan. Continue to cherry pick feats all you want. That isn't the same as Hulks dynamic strength. Not at all. You are so right Quan. Superman can fight Black Adam and be in any emotional state he wants and he WILL NOT grow in strength to the point that BA starts noticing superman getting stronger or all of a sudden going a level above BA. Superman even stated he was the " most pissed at BA and was not holding back. Nothing special happened, even against WW when he thought she was Doomsday, nothing special. Now if that was Hulk, The characters and even the narrator would have notes hulks strength going up as it has been shown on-panel plenty times. An all out superman is superman giving all he has and it has been shown on-panel and that is nothing special to the likes of CM, BA and any other character that can match him. The same way thor had to put on his belt of strength to fight Kurse, superman would have had to go sun amp.

abhilegend
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16479425_activebrain.jpg

JBL
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/16479425_activebrain.jpg no

quanchi112
Originally posted by JBL
no It doesn't even mean what he thinks it means.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
no
So you just ignore on panel proof now?

eaebiakuya
Can he? I wouldn't be so sure about it.

http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/16483265_04-30-09-01-10.jpg

This is non canon.

He alredy blocked light in Marvel 616.

abhilegend
This is non canon.

He alredy blocked light in Marvel 616.
Its ambiguous whether its canon or not.

When? The dazzler thing was an illusion.

maxivitopowe
He can redirect laser thongs

JBL
So you just ignore on panel proof now? That is not on-panel proof. On-panel proof is like when he fought BA or WW and was not holding back and did not get any stronger. NOT by word of mouth. NOT by narration and NOT by the characters he was fighting. When superman FAILED to break through that force field that thors hammer destroyed, why did he not drop his mental blocks or use his so-called dynamic strength to bust that wall? When he held that minature black hole ( with help ) why did he not use his so-called dynamic strength to hold it rather than state he did not know how long he could hold it? Why did he not use his so-called dynamic strength to move the earth when he and others FAILED? When he moved war world, why did he go sun amp? Why did he not just remove his so-called mental blocks? There are HUNDREDS of ON-PANEL situations where IF he had dynamic strength, he could have used it, had it stated or narrated. EVERY superman writer has stated that superman and captain marvel or equals and NOT ONE has ever stated they or equals UNTIL superman drops mental blocks or go unrestrained. When he fused with captain marvel, did marvel feel any dynamic strength? Did he mention hidden strength? NO, it was SUPERMAN that felt marvels powers. Not one of your scans states anything about superman rising above ANY of his equals because he RETAINS sunlight when stressed or has a STRAIGHT mind. Superman HIMSELF stated that blizarro was stronger than him, now if so and superman had dynamic strength, why would he state that? Why would some writers suggest that black adam was stronger? They must dont know about superman or his dynamic strength??? I guess the writers and superman forget about it when superman gets beaten by a slightly stronger foe huh???

pym-ftw
TL;DR

Honestly, if you don't know Superman has dynamic strength your reading comics wrong

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
That is not on-panel proof. Why? He wasn't? How come both he and Adam agreed that superman's one punch would've finished the fight here?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM9.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM10.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM11.jpg

You mean when Superman using his strength with mjolnir destroyed the force-field? Anybody would tell you that Superman+Mjolnir>Superman. You are talking like Thor destroyed the force-field. What Holding a black hole with help? He caught one in his palm, is that not enough for you? Because he was weakened. Because he wasn't trying to move it initially. He was trying to kill Brainiac 13 with imperiex power. Warworld moing was plan B. I can post a dozen examples of him having mental blocks to regulate his power. You would just do it again. Have they? Cap's equal black adam was said to be weaker than power girl by Ostrander and Johns himself wrote Cap as weaker than pg. Because superman underestimated Cap's power. He stated that and then caught his punch.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/punchcatching/superman187a.jpg

Funny how that works.

Name one writer who said standard Adam was stronger. Who beat him bro? Captain Marvel?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_action_comics_annual_04_47.jpg

Or your imaginary black adam?

JBL
TL;DR

Honestly, if you don't know Superman has dynamic strength your reading comics wrong Then show him fighting an equal and then tapping into his so-called dynamic strength to get the win. Please post a scan.

Odekahn
Originally posted by JBL
Then show him fighting an equal and then tapping into his so-called dynamic strength to get the win. Please post a scan.

He shows one every post in his sig...

JBL
Why? He wasn't? How come both he and Adam agreed that superman's one punch would've finished the fight here?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM9.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM10.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_AC831VSBLACKADAM11.jpg

You mean when Superman using his strength with mjolnir destroyed the force-field? Anybody would tell you that Superman+Mjolnir>Superman. You are talking like Thor destroyed the force-field. What Holding a black hole with help? He caught one in his palm, is that not enough for you? Because he was weakened. Because he wasn't trying to move it initially. He was trying to kill Brainiac 13 with imperiex power. Warworld moing was plan B. I can post a dozen examples of him having mental blocks to regulate his power. You would just do it again. Have they? Cap's equal black adam was said to be weaker than power girl by Ostrander and Johns himself wrote Cap as weaker than pg. Because superman underestimated Cap's power. He stated that and then caught his punch.

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Superman/Strength/punchcatching/superman187a.jpg

Funny how that works.

Name one writer who said standard Adam was stronger. Who beat him bro? Captain Marvel?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_action_comics_annual_04_47.jpg

Or your imaginary black adam? You have a bad habit of making false statements about scans dude. Im through with this because of the many fans that support wishes. Birds of a feather flock together. Lets talk about something else. Team stomps is my opinion, whats yours?

JBL
He shows one every post in his sig... You mean against thor? Thats his big play you think?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
You have a bad habit of making false statements about scans dude. Im through with this because of the many fans that support wishes. Birds of a feather flock together. Lets talk about something else. Team stomps is my opinion, whats yours?
So you do with every post you make. Just answer this, where was Black Adam stated to be stronger than Superman? I on the other hand can produce scans which say Adam and Cap are both weaker than phucking power girl.

http://imageshack.us/a/img356/1002/racerxwwiiib4p11ji2.jpg

"There are those among us who are stronger, faster and more powerful".

http://s6.postimg.org/o7i2u24tp/34_06.jpg

"Fastest, maybe. But Not strongest."

Superman himself has also stated that he's the strongest being on earth, as has Morgan Le Fay, as has Batman, as has wonder woman and so on. If I start posting scans of superman being the strongest being on earth, I would flood this thread with scans.

jitay
Team

-Pr-
Originally posted by quanchi112
Then what else supports it save that scan.

I already told you.

Originally posted by JBL
You are so right Quan. Superman can fight Black Adam and be in any emotional state he wants and he WILL NOT grow in strength to the point that BA starts noticing superman getting stronger or all of a sudden going a level above BA. Superman even stated he was the " most pissed at BA and was not holding back. Nothing special happened, even against WW when he thought she was Doomsday, nothing special. Now if that was Hulk, The characters and even the narrator would have notes hulks strength going up as it has been shown on-panel plenty times. An all out superman is superman giving all he has and it has been shown on-panel and that is nothing special to the likes of CM, BA and any other character that can match him. The same way thor had to put on his belt of strength to fight Kurse, superman would have had to go sun amp.

Superman was mentally compromised Diana, but I'm not surprised you'd try to use that, tbh (and inaccurately at that). Just another example of you thinly veiling your hate; yes, I could be nicer about it, but I've lost patience, and with you being a sock, it's not going to make a difference anyway.

abhilegend
Whose sock is he anyway? Just curious.

eaebiakuya
Its ambiguous whether its canon or not.

When? The dazzler thing was an illusion.

He alredy become invisible blocking light and others thing with his force field. And how dazzler thing was an ilusion ?

Marvel editors said that story was non cannon. Please post a source where says it is canon.

abhilegend
He alredy become invisible blocking light and others thing with his force field. And how dazzler thing was an ilusion ?

Marvel editors said that story was non cannon. Please post a source where says it is canon.

Being invisible by deflecting light doesn't mean much in case of manipulating high powered heat waves. Nobody says Magnus can't manipulate EM waves.

First you show me where it was said to be non canon.

Here is the proof it was all an illusion.

Rao Kal El
There is too many scans to post from this example but there is a direct comparison of his dynamic power in Adventures of Superman #430

Superman faces the fearsome five, the fearsome five are actually capable of defeating Superman.

Superman looks bad getting defeated by this 5 , but He just can't stop them, no matter how hard he tries.

Superman realizes he is having issues in his life and how his Superman persona is interfering in his life as Clark Kent.

He talks to Pa Kent and Pa Kent gives him a pep talk

the very next day Superman faces the fatal again, but this time he claims that he is ready to face them and that he has no personal issues anymore, that He knows WHO HE IS and that He is willing to accept his role or some crap like that.

Superman defeats the Fatal five rather easy, where the fatal five even used basically the same type of attacks on him

I just re read that issue maybe like 3 months ago, but unless I forget something, pretty much it shows how Superman powers work with his mind.

There is also that Mogul JR example where he had that power surge

Sin I AM
There is too many scans to post from this example but there is a direct comparison of his dynamic power in Adventures of Superman #430

Superman faces the fearsome five, the fearsome five are actually capable of defeating Superman.

Superman looks bad getting defeated by this 5 , but He just can't stop them, no matter how hard he tries.

Superman realizes he is having issues in his life and how his Superman persona is interfering in his life as Clark Kent.

He talks to Pa Kent and Pa Kent gives him a pep talk

the very next day Superman faces the fatal again, but this time he claims that he is ready to face them and that he has no personal issues anymore, that He knows WHO HE IS and that He is willing to accept his role or some crap like that.

Superman defeats the Fatal five rather easy, where the fatal five even used basically the same type of attacks on him

I just re read that issue maybe like 3 months ago, but unless I forget something, pretty much it shows how Superman powers work with his mind.

There is also that Mogul JR example where he had that power surge

Seems plot based as opposed to dynamic strength

Rao Kal El

no expression everything in a comic is plot based smart

Sin I AM
no expression everything in a comic is plot based smart

Pis..

Odekahn

Seems like denial as opposed to logical thinking

Sin I AM
Seems like denial as opposed to logical thinking

Um no its a plot device. .dues ex if u will. And not representative of his overall history

carver9
Magneto can solo this.

Odekahn
Magneto can solo this.
LOL!

Odekahn
Um no its a plot device. .dues ex if u will. And not representative of his overall history

It's been stated by multiple posters and even spelled out for you on panel. It's how it is, and your reluctance to accept solid proof when it's given to you suggests otherwise.

carver9
LOL!

Dont know what's funny when what I've said is true.

Odekahn
Dont know what's funny when what I've said is true.

Wait, were you serious?
You actually believing it's true is even funnier! laughing out loud

pym-ftw
Originally posted by JBL
Then show him fighting an equal and then tapping into his so-called dynamic strength to get the win. Please post a scan. Its shown every time he loses fight one and then wins fight two.

Aka the "Superman Effect"

carver9
Wait, were you serious?
You actually believing it's true is even funnier! laughing out loud

Learn about Magneto fts, then holla at me.

pym-ftw
Superman has better feats

Sin I AM
It's been stated by multiple posters and even spelled out for you on panel. It's how it is, and your reluctance to accept solid proof when it's given to you suggests otherwise.

Um no. Tons of characters losr initial bouts then win the subsequent battle once the hero develops resolve for that particular situation. Its not indicative of dynamic strength no matter how u slice it

carver9
Superman has better feats

Never said he didn't but Magneto has taken on teams that had Thor as one of the members and was winning. He did this more than once. Also, Magneto powerset can mess him up (look at the Doctor Polaris fight).

Rao Kal El

???

That example I explained was from byrne era superman.

Byrne depowered superman a lot but he did it in a manner future writers could play with his power level, thus the fluctuations in power related to his mental state, and this was shown a lot in post crisis era superman.

I can bomb scan this thread with it if proof is required, though honestly most people already know supermans power level increases or decreases accordingly to his mental state.

In one year after, he lost his powers completely because he wanted to be human.

Odekahn
Learn about Magneto fts, then holla at me.

Which ones? Like covering the earth with asteroids, bringing kitty back from space, or manipulating the iron in an enemy's blood?

HOLLA!!

Sin I AM
My argument is that he holds back...alot. it can be said that his powers are dynamic in the sense that he can will himself weaker or stronger but there is a definitive cap outside of amping. I don't have a plethora of scans but the only canon example of him fully unleashed is dos...oh and owaw. And even using these I still dont see him as above hh

LordofBrooklyn
Magneto can solo this.

BATTLEZONE NOW!

SUPERMAN VS MAGNETO

LordofBrooklyn
My argument is that he holds back...alot. it can be said that his powers are dynamic in the sense that he can will himself weaker or stronger but there is a definitive cap outside of amping. I don't have a plethora of scans but the only canon example of him fully unleashed is dos...oh and owaw. And even using these I still dont see him as above hh

You're wrong.

carver9
Which ones? Like covering the earth with asteroids, bringing kitty back from space, or manipulating the iron in an enemy's blood?

HOLLA!!

His team busting fts. Also, I don't think Magneto will pull a majority but him being there puts a hindrance on Clark getting the majority. This doesn't include Doom showings either.

Sin I AM
You're wrong.

In regards to?

-Pr-
Magneto is capable of winning by himself. He's just not likely to on average, or for a majority.

I can get hit by a bus if I stand in the middle of the street, after all.

you think those are the only examples? really?

Sin I AM
Magneto is capable of winning by himself. He's just not likely to on average, or for a majority.

I can get hit by a bus if I stand in the middle of the street, after all.

you think those are the only examples? really?

Yea that I recall. Im s casual reader of SM not an avid fan. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every canon feat

Rao Kal El
In DOS he killed a guy who defeated the JLA (maxima, guy, bloodwyn and some chumps) with one hand

Right there you have a team with 3 top tiers

In OWAW he was one shotting characters that were owning teams, one shotting, not barelly surviving.

In panic in the sky he was fighting a bunch of mind controlled top tiers.

There is also those examples from worlds collide, the outsiders, public. enemies.

Pipxeroth
Doom solo's. With a minute prep, Doom analyses all of Superman's weaknesses, finds he has no resistance to magic, and while Superman tries to break through his shield, Doom casts a spell that one shots him.

Superman is not getting through his shields. They have tanked blasts from Galactus and Thanos with the infinity gauntlet. And superman can't phase through because Doom's shield isn't matter, it's pure energy.

LordofBrooklyn
In regards to?

Superman not having dynamic strength and that the instances being pointed out are indicative of "Cherry picking" or PIS.

Sin I AM
In DOS he killed a guy who defeated the JLA (maxima, guy, bloodwyn and some chumps) with one hand

Right there you have a team with 3 top tiers

In OWAW he was one shotting characters that were owning teams, one shotting, not barelly surviving.

In panic in the sky he was fighting a bunch of mind controlled top tiers.

There is also those examples from worlds collide, the outsiders, public. enemies.

Meh..some can be disputed and countered. Do u think he is a tier above his peers?

LordofBrooklyn
Do u think he is a tier above his peers?

An unrestrained Superman is definitively a tier above High herald.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>