Jurassic Park films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
What are your thoughts on the Jurassic Park trilogy? I think the first Jurassic Park is a great film, I didn't like the second one at all & I thought the third was a lot of fun & I find the 3rd to be Underrated.

Let me ask you all: which do you think is better out of The Lost World: Jurassic Park or Jurasic Park 3? Almost everyone will say the first is the best, but which is the second best really seems to depend on who you ask. So, which out of parts 2 & 3 do you think is better?

Lord Lucien
The second really sucked. The third was at least kind of fun.

First is best.

Lestov16
eNAU4Bwjyr8

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

First is best.

thumb up The scene with the T-Rex stomps vibrating the water and the subsequent attack on the truck is one of the best in cinematic history. That one scene is arguably better than anything else that happened in the entire series.

Impediment
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
First is best.

Kazenji
Trilogy no more now.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Kazenji
Trilogy no more now.
It's still a trilogy until 2015.

C-3POTheClever
I don't get why they're making another though.

Kazenji
Why then?

when they've started on World now.

C-3POTheClever
My ratings for the Jurassic Park films are below.

Jurassic Park 8/10
The Lost World: Jurassic Park 4/10
Jurassic Park III 7/10

COG Veteran
JP 3 was dissapointing to say the least.

ScreamPaste
First was the best, third the worst. At least the scene where a Tyrannosaur rampages in San Francisco was fun to watch. JP3 was just a series of scenes that left me sighing, bored, or dumbfounded.

Tzeentch
The tyrannosaur was rampaging through San Diego, sir.

Anyway, first was the best but the second isn't far behind. I don't understand peoples' criticsms for tLW. The last half hour of it was mind bendingly stupid, yes, but everything before that was ace.

golem370
First was the best seeing the brachiosaurus the first time on a big screen WOW!

steverules_2
Love Jurassic Park, love the ride at Universal a lot as well big grin

I actually enjoyed the second movie, not as much as the first but two T-Rex's and a T-Rex running loose in San Fransisco...c'mon that was awesome!

-Pr-
2 is as good as 3, imo, if not better.

1 is still the king though, and is still even to this day, one of the benchmarks for special effects. Nobody's been able to do dinosaurs as well since.

steverules_2
I like how the Rex ended up actually saving them in the end from the raptors

Badabing
Originally posted by steverules_2
I like how the Rex ended up actually saving them in the end from the raptors sneer

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why then?

when they've started on World now.
Because the 4th hasn't been made yet.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Badabing
sneer

uhuh biscuits

Patient_Leech
The Third Jurassic Park is actually highly entertaining. I think the fact that it was shorter and more to the point, just having some well paced action with the dinosaurs really worked in its favor. It's a fun action/adventure. Pt 2 is over long, but it DOES have Jeff Goldblum, which is a major plus.

steverules_2
I wanted more T-Rex in JP3

COG Veteran
T-Rex is so 1990's.

Lestov16
Spinosaurus wrecks T-Rex

steverules_2
Pffft the Rex is more awesome, that fecking Spinosaurus shoulda been the one with a snapped neck

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The Third Jurassic Park is actually highly entertaining. I think the fact that it was shorter and more to the point, just having some well paced action with the dinosaurs really worked in its favor. It's a fun action/adventure. Pt 2 is over long, but it DOES have Jeff Goldblum, which is a major plus.
Yeah, I agree on that, while the third may not be anything special, it's at least entertaining & knows what it wants to be. The second was just long & boring, & I really didn't care about any of the characters.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
The second was just long & boring, & I really didn't care about any of the characters.

Yeah, the 3rd film has actually grown to be one of the more entertaining of the franchise. They didn't let it get too ridiculous yet. Hopefully JP4 will have some laser-beams attached to shark-like dinosaurs.

That's where the franchise is headed, I'm sure. laughing

Don't be hatin on Jeff Goldblum. The man is a near deity alongside Willem Dafoe. Although, why he had a black daughter in JP2 I'll never understand...

http://barparblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/the-fly-metamorphasis.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hopefully JP4 will have some laser-beams attached to shark-like dinosaurs.

That's where the franchise is headed, I'm sure. laughing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/dino_riders_zpsb56fc46c.jpg~original

Patient_Leech
thumb up Now that's a movie I want to see.

the ninjak
Dino-Riders. Awesome series.

And the best 80's toy based series ever!

Better than Transformers.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak

Better than Transformers.

Not that your biased or anything.

Ridley_Prime
I agree with him here though. Transformers can be overrated at times.

Kazenji
Guess i prefer robots over dinosaurs.

Ridley_Prime
That's usually the cool kid thing to prefer, but I've always liked dinosaurs over robots for the most part, with a few or couple exceptions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.