New Jason Voorhees reboot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Friday-13th-Movie-Coming-2015-40474.html

Mindset
Reboot the reboot?

Ridley_Prime
Eh, why not. They might as well reboot the reboot of Halloween too after the Rob Zombie films.

steverules_2
I actually kinda liked the last Friday film reboot we got

golem370
Going by your picture I would say you favorite part was the girl with the big boobs take off her shirt? lol

Lestov16
TBH, I enjoyed the Platinum Dunes FT13 as well. The TCSM remake was very entertaining as well (although Beginning and TCS3D sucked ass). Amityville was good, but not excellent. The ANOES and Hitcher remakes were terrible though.

Quite honestly, I'd rather enjoy a sequel to the FT13 remake, rather than another reboot. I thought the remake was well done, and had a "classic" slasher film feel to it. If any two franchises need to be rebooted again, it would undoubtedly be Halloween (Rob Zombie has raped Michael Myers in ways that even Albert Fish would find despicable) and ANOES

steverules_2
Originally posted by golem370
Going by your picture I would say you favorite part was the girl with the big boobs take off her shirt? lol

I do enjoy the naked ladies yeah big grin

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Lestov16
TBH, I enjoyed the Platinum Dunes FT13 as well. The TCSM remake was very entertaining as well (although Beginning and TCS3D sucked ass). Amityville was good, but not excellent. The ANOES and Hitcher remakes were terrible though.

Quite honestly, I'd rather enjoy a sequel to the FT13 remake, rather than another reboot. I thought the remake was well done, and had a "classic" slasher film feel to it. If any two franchises need to be rebooted again, it would undoubtedly be Halloween (Rob Zombie has raped Michael Myers in ways that even Albert Fish would find despicable) and ANOES

Also pick up where the first movie left off.

Arachnid1
I thought the reboot was awesome, and it became my favorite Jason movie. Hopefully the next one still follows Jared Padalecki.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Lestov16

I thought Rob Zombie did more damage to poor Loomis's character than Michael's, but yeah. Agreed.

jinXed by JaNx
You ever hear someone give their accounts of a really cool real life story? That first time you were engaged and it almost felt like you were there with them. Then after years of knowing this person you hear them tell that same story time and time again. Each time they tell that story it becomes less relevant and less interesting to you until one day it just becomes annoying. This is what rebooting a remake/reboot is like to me.

quanchi112
I will see it but don't have high hopes. Just fan of the original series above anything else.

the ninjak
Platinum Dunes reboot of Friday the 13th was stale and unmemorable.
The only scene I remember was the girl getting her head stabbed through whilst hiding under the water dock.
It was a quick cash-in and nothing else.

Classic 80's horror icons don't need to be rebooted. Just make a fun sequel or make a new character up for a new generation.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by the ninjak
Platinum Dunes reboot of Friday the 13th was stale and unmemorable.
The only scene I remember was the girl getting her head stabbed through whilst hiding under the water dock.
It was a quick cash-in and nothing else. Really? I thought that had the best intro of most horror movies I've seen. Introducing that group you thought the entire movie would follow just to be treated to a 10 minute opening of them all getting slaughtered left me pretty hyped for the rest of the movie.

All the scenes that followed Padalecki were pretty memorable too. Great actor

the ninjak
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Really? I thought that had the best intro of most horror movies I've seen. Introducing that group you thought the entire movie would follow just to be treated to a 10 minute opening of them all getting slaughtered left me pretty hyped for the rest of the movie.

All the scenes that followed Padalecki were pretty memorable too. Great actor

I like Padalecki as well but cmon! nothing was memorable if you are a true fan of horror cinema.

I looked at your fav films in your page and they are all quite recent.
And lack consistency. I can't do this right now.

Arachnid1
I like Padalecki as well but cmon! nothing was memorable if you are a true fan of horror cinema.

I looked at your fav films in your page and they are all quite recent.
And lack consistency. I can't do this right now. Its an old list I made when I was 13-15, back when I was newer to the forums (movies I grew up with, and I wasn't really very experienced with most older movies). I'm 21 now, and I've branched out since then. I'd change a lot of those out if I was to edit it now.

I honestly thought it had an amazing intro. I remember being blown away by the time the title flashed up, and it was a great feeling. I didn't have the good fortune to grow up with the original series like 80s kids, so I saw them a bit late and they don't hold a special place in my heart like some of you. Great movies, and the reboot stacks up to them well IMO.

My top horror films at this point are:
1. Jacobs Ladder
2. Jeepers Creepers
3. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
4. Hills Have Eyes (new one, although the sequel kind of sucked)
5. 28 Days Later

I also liked how they made Jason more of a hunter. He sprinted around, set traps (bells, bear traps, flood lights, underground shortcuts), used his knowledge of the terrain to his advantage, and picked them off one by one like deer. He was a smart killer, which isn't something that can be used to describe the villain of most slasher films. The group of kids this one followed after the into weren't memorable, but Jason himself and Paladeki were enough for me to still like the movie.

The older films just depicted him as an unstoppable tank with a healing factor, which is great, but it always annoyed me how he always seemed to show up in the right place at the right time, walked after his kills and still got them, and was shown to be kind of mentally deficient. I liked the newer version a bit more, and I hoping they do more with him in the next one.

BruceSkywalker
if its a decent cast, i might see.. this better have a ton of blood and guts though

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, why not. They might as well reboot the reboot of Halloween too after the Rob Zombie films.

don;t laugh, i think it could very well happen

the ninjak
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Its an old list I made when I was 13-15, back when I was newer to the forums (movies I grew up with, and I wasn't really very experienced with most older movies). I'm 21 now, and I've branched out since then. I'd change a lot of those out if I was to edit it now.

I honestly thought it had an amazing intro. I remember being blown away by the time the title flashed up, and it was a great feeling. I didn't have the good fortune to grow up with the original series like 80s kids, so I saw them a bit late and they don't hold a special place in my heart like some of you. Great movies, and the reboot stacks up to them well IMO.

My top horror films at this point are:
1. Jacobs Ladder
2. Jeepers Creepers
3. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
4. Hills Have Eyes (new one, although the sequel kind of sucked)
5. 28 Days Later

I also liked how they made Jason more of a hunter. He sprinted around, set traps (bells, bear traps, flood lights, underground shortcuts), used his knowledge of the terrain to his advantage, and picked them off one by one like deer. He was a smart killer, which isn't something that can be used to describe the villain of most slasher films. The group of kids this one followed after the into weren't memorable, but Jason himself and Paladeki were enough for me to still like the movie.

The older films just depicted him as an unstoppable tank with a healing factor, which is great, but it always annoyed me how he always seemed to show up in the right place at the right time, walked after his kills and still got them, and was shown to be kind of mentally deficient. I liked the newer version a bit more, and I hoping they do more with him in the next one.

Cool. I like the newer Hills have Eyes as well. And appreciate the reverence to the original Friday series.

But Jason being represented as a fast moving hunter was pointless personally. Especially as an origin film. He is a zombie.
It would be like focusing an Frankenstein as a fast moving killer. (check out his new film)
Modern day films turned zombies into fast running killers to amp the kill count and it worked to a degree, it made it more realistic to those audiences less patient in their viewing. And sometimes it works. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Faster doesn't mean better when it comes to rebooting characters all the time unless you create a reason for it.
Don't take a famous character and give him upgrades without a reason is what I'm saying.

Arachnid1
Cool. I like the newer Hills have Eyes as well. And appreciate the reverence to the original Friday series.

But Jason being represented as a fast moving hunter was pointless personally. Especially as an origin film. He is a zombie.
It would be like focusing an Frankenstein as a fast moving killer. (check out his new film)
Modern day films turned zombies into fast running killers to amp the kill count and it worked to a degree, it made it more realistic to those audiences less patient in their viewing. And sometimes it works. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Faster doesn't mean better when it comes to rebooting characters all the time unless you create a reason for it.
Don't take a famous character and give him upgrades without a reason is what I'm saying. You know what? You're right. Jason is supposed to be a zombie. I completely lost sight of that.

I liked the new version of him because I like smart and resourceful antagonists (and that's something rare in slasher films), but the slow moving unstoppable tank/mental retard thing mixed well with the whole undead thing he had going. Looking at it like that, I can see why fans of the original would be pissed that they turned him into a "normal" human.

The remake is Jason before he died though apparently. He was officially dead at the end of the movie before he came back to life, so maybe he'll be more similar to his undead self now that he's actually undead.

the ninjak
Sigh.

If they simply decide to reboot him. There is no history, he's just another generic masked monster killing teens. So you better create a good story.
The original Jason had an awesome story. Psycho mother killing teens, satanic rituals result in child returning from the dead. Jason starts killing teens and can't die. Jason kills every year. Can't beat it.

What did the Platinum Dunes version of Jason do to get the public interested in any way? Besides making him faster?

Flyattractor
Pretty much sums it up

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, why not. They might as well reboot the reboot of Halloween too after the Rob Zombie films. The Rob Zombie films were dope though.

BackFire
I really hated his second one. First one was decent.

Is this Friday the 13th remake the rumored found footage one that they were talking about a couple months back? I think that could potentially be a cool idea.

Impediment
Another reboot of the FT13 series? Couldn;t be any worse than the last one. Man, did that movie suck. The sex scenes were good, though.

The first Rob Zombie Halloween was decent, I have to admit, but the second was an absolute abortion.

Michael Myers doesn't speak. AT ALL. The scene where Michael snarls "DIE!" and stabs and kills Loomis made me cringe and face palm at the same time.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I actually liked the first Zombie remake of Halloween too, with how it went over Michael's childhood and abusive family before becoming the psychopathic killer, but yes.. The overall badness of the 2nd one spoke for itself. Loomis in that series wanting to become rich/famous by writing a book about what Michael had done was blood money, and ****ed up.

Flyattractor
Hated both the HallowMakes. The first was ok once it got off the "white trash origin' BS. And I have no faith whatsoever that they can make a "good" F13 movie ever again.

Those days are long gone and can never return.

Ridley_Prime
Pretty much.

quanchi112
The second Halloween remake film was pure trash. The first one wasn't that much better. The remake I enjoyed the most was the Friday the 13th one.

Flyattractor
The F13 remake was better then the Nightmare Remake...but not by much.

Kazenji
Only good thing with the Nightmare Remake for me was Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy everything else was meh.

BackFire
Agreed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Only good thing with the Nightmare Remake for me was Jackie Earle Haley's Freddy everything else was meh. No one touches Robert Englund.

Kazenji
Of course not slowpoke and i'm not saying Jackie Earle Haley > Robert England

all i'm pointing out is with the remake Jackie Earle Haley stood out the most.

quanchi112
Of course not slowpoke and i'm not saying Jackie Earle Haley > Robert England

all i'm pointing out is with the remake Jackie Earle Haley stood out the most. Relax. I just didn't care for anything about that remake. I'm an old school horror fan, remake lover.

Kazenji
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'm an old school horror fan

So am i

nothing wrong with remakes, Some of them can turn out good.

quanchi112
So am i

nothing wrong with remakes, Some of them can turn out good. I doubt your on my level. You can have the new Freddy I will take the old one.

Kazenji
God your like a little kid......"I'm a bigger fan then that or this person"

who the **** cares how much of a fan you are.

quanchi112
God your like a little kid......"I'm a bigger fan then that or this person"

who the **** cares how much of a fan you are. You obviously really don't care about any of this. Typical, uncaring coward.

COG Veteran
Uh-oh, potential sh*tstorm is brewing...

laughing

Ridley_Prime
Though the remake Freddy lacked the kind of humor and charm of Robert England's (prefer the latter too), Haley's was still badass on its own merit. MK9 made me like it even more.

As for the Friday the 13th remake, I tried to like it, but just didn't feel it in the end. Maybe this new one will be different. Perhaps it'll surprise some people in a good way like that Child's Play remake apparently did.

Doubt it though.

TheOneFirestorm
I thought Jason was suppose to be a dead corpse animated by a demon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
I thought Jason was suppose to be a dead corpse animated by a demon. That has been ignored after Jason goes to a hell for the most part.

Flyattractor
Except for FvJ. He was very corpse like in that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Except for FvJ. He was very corpse like in that. We are referring to the demon not the corpse like part.

Patient_Leech
Shit, it's been so damn long since I saw Friday the 13th that I'm not even sure if I saw it all the way through. And I know I haven't seen (m)any of the sequels. I need to watch it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.