Proxima Midight vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Who wins ?

carver9
Proxima.

Rage.Of.Olympus
She shots Thor with her magic spear. Thor absorbs it and shoots it right back.

GG.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
She shots Thor with her magic spear. Thor absorbs it and shoots it right back.

GG. Nicely done.

Odekahn
Thor

zopzop
Promixa all day.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zopzop
Promixa all day.

How does she win?

zopzop
How does she win?
By slaughtering him with her spear. I was one of her biggest doubters (see the Proxima vs WW thread) but that **** made a believer out of me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By slaughtering him with her spear. I was one of her biggest doubters (see the Proxima vs WW thread) but that **** made a believer out of me.

How does her spear get past Mjolnir?

zopzop
How does her spear get past Mjolnir?
By splitting into pieces and dancing around him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By splitting into pieces and dancing around him.

Mjolnir can draw energy into itself. Kind of a big part of it's shtick.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

eaebiakuya
Even if the spear tag Thor, he alredy overcome the weight of a neutron Star in the past. And even if he cant move, he can attack with Ranged attacks - Mjolnir throw, thundebolts, etc... Próxima durability isent that great.

Odekahn
Mjolnir can draw energy into itself. Kind of a big part of it's shtick.

Or he could just reflect it back at her, redirect it like Cap did with his shield.

kgkg
Thor

zopzop
Originally posted by Odekahn
Or he could just reflect it back at her, redirect it like Cap did with his shield.
America-Force >>>>>>>>>>Odin-Force. cool

Odekahn
America-Force >>>>>>>>>>Odin-Force. cool

AMERICA...f**k yeah! thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Proxima.
Promixa all day.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrd6a0rR621r0ojhto1_500.gif#laughing%20gif

carver9
If both fight in character, I don't see how Thor can win. Mjlonir is an amazing weapon in a fight like this but with CIS on, Thor will not use it in the fashion people are saying here. Her weapon tagged someone with light speed flight and reaction, can't see Thor overcoming anything like that. Once he is hit, game over.

Rage.Of.Olympus
If both fight in character, I don't see how Thor can win. Mjlonir is an amazing weapon in a fight like this but with CIS on, Thor will not use it in the fashion people are saying here. Her weapon tagged someone with light speed flight and reaction, can't see Thor overcoming anything like that. Once he is hit, game over.

Energy absorption requires for CIS to be off?

It's a huge part of Thor's power set and hardly requires for him to be going all out and such.

Thor has abilities and options that Hulk and Hyperion simply do not. This is a fight where he would fair far better then they would. Sorry Carver.

carver9
Energy absorption requires for CIS to be off?

It's a huge part of Thor's power set and hardly requires for him to be going all out and such.

Thor has abilities and options that Hulk and Hyperion simply do not. This is a fight where he would fair far better then they would. Sorry Carver.

I agree...Thor does have ways of winning more than, Hulk and Hyperion but she can win as well. I'm just giving her the majority due to the flexibility of her weapon. No one is saying (besides Zop Zop) that this is a stomp, Mjlonir is a plot weapon as well...I'm just going by what I've seen from both and their fighting style. Thor charging in using Mjlonir as a club would get him killed here imo.

zopzop
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrd6a0rR621r0ojhto1_500.gif#laughing%20gif
http://thetwisters.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TALK-TO-THE-HAND-RatherThanTalkToTheHand-62441.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree...Thor does have ways of winning more than, Hulk and Hyperion but she can win as well. I'm just giving her the majority due to the flexibility of her weapon. No one is saying (besides Zop Zop) that this is a stomp, Mjlonir is a plot weapon as well...I'm just going by what I've seen from both and their fighting style. Thor charging in using Mjlonir as a club would get him killed here imo.

First of all, how would it get him killed? Stabbing him with the weapon would be a problem and blasting him won't be fun but he isn't going to die and he can still counter with Mjolnir. Her spear isn't a one shot win by any means against someone as tough as Thor.

And like I said, energy absorption is fair game so it wins the fight for him. He uses it enough, especially against characters who attack purely through energy.

carver9
First of all, how would it get him killed? Stabbing him with the weapon would be a problem and blasting him won't be fun but he isn't going to die and he can still counter with Mjolnir. Her spear isn't a one shot win by any means against someone as tough as Thor.

And like I said, energy absorption is fair game so it wins the fight for him. He uses it enough, especially against characters who attack purely through energy.

Lets just agree to disagree. I hate arguing against Thor anyways.

Cogito
Her weapon tagged someone with light speed flight and reaction, can't see Thor overcoming anything like that. Once he is hit, game over.

She got hit in the back while flying away and not looking at all.

--

Proxima's stock went up. IMO she just got bumped from maybe high meta/low herald to solidly low herald.

She still got beat up by Luke Cage. She still struggled with Wakanda and a spear. She's still a glass cannon (for her power output) with a single decent attack that's should be pretty easily blocked or absorbed by anyone with a decent defense.

eaebiakuya
lol, people need to learn CIS is not PIS. Thor dont use his powers in many ocasions because PIS, not CIS.

deathlife
Thor wins.

Proxima was about to get owned big time by Binary before Darkseid stepped in.

I mean, one blast from Binary and she was already screaming "aaaaiiieeeee!!!!"

DarkSaint85
Lol. Thor wins.

We've seen the spear in action. It tagged a light speedster, but a Wakandan out reacted it. It tagged the Hulk, but Rogers was able to out react and redirect it. Its impressive, but only if you cling to its high showings.

And Thor with his high showings sh!ts over PM. Cmon people, are your memories that short?

Mshinu
Thor got this one in the bag.

Warlord
Thor is tailor made for fights like this

ODG
Originally posted by Cogito
She still got beat up by Luke Cage. She still struggled with Wakanda and a spear. She's still a glass cannon (for her power output) with a single decent attack that's should be pretty easily blocked or absorbed by anyone with a decent defense. A somewhat jaundiced account of Proxima Midnight's performance...

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
A somewhat jaundiced account of Proxima Midnight's performance...

She's got like, 2 appearances. Yes, I cherry-picked the worst, but I literally picked all but 1 scene (her high, against the Hulk)

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thor wins, a hard fight, I think he takes about 10/10.

ODG
She's got like, 2 appearances. Yes, I cherry-picked the worst, but I literally picked all but 1 scene (her high, against the Hulk) She hardly got beat up by Luke Cage. She was just shocked that the hellacious beating she was giving him couldn't overcome Luke Cage tapping into Thing's Heart-Force. And she hardly struggled with Wakanda. Her and her army basically roflstomped it and penetrated all the way into the Necropolis.

And her spear hasn't been easily dodged or blocked by anybody. It tagged Spectrum in light form. A Wakandan sacrificed himself to stop another. A full three-hit barrage took down Hulk utterly. Cap redirected two but at the cost of getting hit by the third tracer. And those two tracers laid Corvus Glaive low. She also rocked Hyperion, Captain Marvel and Captain America with a single shockwave and deflected Hyperion's nuclear vision.

I'm not sure how you can't recognize that the duo of Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive came within inches of completely defeating a team that consisted of Hulk, Hyperion, Captain Marvel and Captain America. They basically had defeated them all except for Carol who was forced to go Binary at the end.

Cogito
Ok, I exaggerated, you exaggerated, lets get down to the real facts.

Physical Stuff
1. Physically, Proxima was matched by Luke Cage. She hurt him, he hurt her, roughtly equal degrees of hurt to go around.

2. Proxima was pierced by a spear thrown by Shuri. It went all the way through her shoulder, but did not cause serious harm.

3. Carol was beating her pretty clearly IMO. No, I wouldn't say she was "forced" to go Binary. Maybe, maybe not, I wouldn't use those words.

The Spear
1. The spear was first thrown at Spectrum, who was flying away, not engaged with PM, not looking, and not expecting it. She didn't die.

2. On two occasions, Wakandan soldiers jumped in front of the spear

3. The spear took down Hulk, who wasn't engaged with Thanos and Glaive, not PM. His back was turned to her, in fact.

4. I guess the spear "rocked" Hyperion, CM, and CA...all three did get up on the same panel though

5. Yes, the spear blocked Hype's nuclear vision

6. 1 of the 3 points hit Cap (who survived just fine).

7. The other 2 hit Glaive, but he was still standing afterwards and just bleeding some. Note: Glaive has no durability feats. He was incinerated by Hyperion's nuclear vision the next panel.

carver9
Originally posted by ODG
She hardly got beat up by Luke Cage. She was just shocked that the hellacious beating she was giving him couldn't overcome Luke Cage tapping into Thing's Heart-Force. And she hardly struggled with Wakanda. Her and her army basically roflstomped it and penetrated all the way into the Necropolis.

And her spear hasn't been easily dodged or blocked by anybody. It tagged Spectrum in light form. A Wakandan sacrificed himself to stop another. A full three-hit barrage took down Hulk utterly. Cap redirected two but at the cost of getting hit by the third tracer. And those two tracers laid Corvus Glaive low. She also rocked Hyperion, Captain Marvel and Captain America with a single shockwave and deflected Hyperion's nuclear vision.

I'm not sure how you can't recognize that the duo of Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive came within inches of completely defeating a team that consisted of Hulk, Hyperion, Captain Marvel and Captain America. They basically had defeated them all except for Carol who was forced to go Binary at the end.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Good point.

When facing the spear throw, Steve and Wakanda were able to react to it.

When their backs are turned, Spectrum and the Hulk are tagged. Also, Corvus when he wasn't expecting it.

So distract Thor, and PM can win. But how?

Cogito
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Good point.

When facing the spear throw, Steve and Wakanda were able to react to it.

When their backs are turned, Spectrum and the Hulk are tagged. Also, Corvus when he wasn't expecting it.

So distract Thor, and PM can win. But how? Boobs?

ODG
Ok, I exaggerated, you exaggerated, lets get down to the real facts.

Physical Stuff
1. Physically, Proxima was matched by Luke Cage. She hurt him, he hurt her, roughtly equal degrees of hurt to go around.

2. Proxima was pierced by a spear thrown by Shuri. It went all the way through her shoulder, but did not cause serious harm.

3. Carol was beating her pretty clearly IMO. No, I wouldn't say she was "forced" to go Binary. Maybe, maybe not, I wouldn't use those words. 1. Proxima Midnight didn't have a concussion, cracked ribs or broken teeth and about to collapse in a heap. Your choice of the word, "matched," is bizarre. As was your choice of the adjective "factual" to go along with your description of events. Proxima stomped Cage in straight H2H.

2. So you've proven she has a healing factor and while soft enough to get stabby-stabbed, still durable enough to withstand Cage pounding her with his fists.

3. Carol didn't do sh1t until she went Binary and hit her from behind. Originally posted by Cogito
The Spear
1. The spear was first thrown at Spectrum, who was flying away, not engaged with PM, not looking, and not expecting it. She didn't die.

2. On two occasions, Wakandan soldiers jumped in front of the spear

3. The spear took down Hulk, who wasn't engaged with Thanos and Glaive, not PM. His back was turned to her, in fact.

4. I guess the spear "rocked" Hyperion, CM, and CA...all three did get up on the same panel though

5. Yes, the spear blocked Hype's nuclear vision

6. 1 of the 3 points hit Cap (who survived just fine).

7. The other 2 hit Glaive, but he was still standing afterwards and just bleeding some. Note: Glaive has no durability feats. He was incinerated by Hyperion's nuclear vision the next panel. 1. And she was still in light form and thus moving at light speeds but unable to outrace the tracers.

2. People in comics aim-dodge and aim-block. This is supposedly late-breaking news. And, yes, once the spear or its tracers make initial impact, there is a delay, between it firing off again to attack its targets. It's still basically hit/tagged everything its been aimed at so far, the only exception being at the cost of lives of multiple fodder. A fact totally relevant in a 1-on-1 match.

3. Because dodging a streaking Hulk and essentially one-shotting him isn't a testament to her formidability.

4. A restatement of facts I set forth doesn't serve as a rebuttal.

5. A restatement of facts I set forth doesn't serve as a rebuttal.

6. Because Proxima Midnight resummoned her spear form rather than let it fester inside her targets like she did with Hulk and Spectrum. It was a gambit by Captain America that nearly cost him his life.

7. See above. Or, y'know, read the comics. Note: While Glaive may not have durability feats, Hulk has a sh1t-ton of durability feats and we know what happened to him.

Sixth_Winged
She wasn't quite hurt after the end of her scuffle with luke but reading it again, Luke did manage to drew blood after he punched her face. I reckon that was a bit of jobbing though cause as others have pointed out Luke is tapping into heartforce lol.

As for this match hmm think i'll go with Thor. She still needs a bit more feats to know how she does with other manner of herald level characters. Atm she has spectrum and hulk clearly in her belt.

Warlord
so, ODG, who do you think wins this fight?

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
1. Proxima Midnight didn't have a concussion, cracked ribs or broken teeth and about to collapse in a heap. Your choice of the word, "matched," is bizarre. As was your choice of the adjective "factual" to go along with your description of events. Proxima stomped Cage in straight H2H.

2. So you've proven she has a healing factor and while soft enough to get stabby-stabbed, still durable enough to withstand Cage pounding her with his fists.

3. Carol didn't do sh1t until she went Binary and hit her from behind.

1. Stomped? Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Ok...so we've proven that she's vulnerable to weak piercing attacks and people who are far weaker than Thor. What was your point?

3. You're right, she didn't do shit. She literally did not even try to attack PM.

Originally posted by ODG
1. And she was still in light form and thus moving at light speeds but unable to outrace the tracers.

2. People in comics aim-dodge and aim-block. This is supposedly late-breaking news. And, yes, once the spear or its tracers make initial impact, there is a delay, between it firing off again to attack its targets. It's still basically hit/tagged everything its been aimed at so far, the only exception being at the cost of lives of multiple fodder. A fact totally relevant in a 1-on-1 match.

3. Because dodging a streaking Hulk and essentially one-shotting him isn't a testament to her formidability.

4. A restatement of facts I set forth doesn't serve as a rebuttal.

5. A restatement of facts I set forth doesn't serve as a rebuttal.

6. Because Proxima Midnight resummoned her spear form rather than let it fester inside her targets like she did with Hulk and Spectrum. It was a gambit by Captain America that nearly cost him his life.

7. See above. Or, y'know, read the comics. Note: While Glaive may not have durability feats, Hulk has a sh1t-ton of durability feats and we know what happened to him.
1. Yet twice people who are pretty much human level blocked or intercepted it.

2. Relevant because Thor can block it easily.

3. I look at all her feats. She didn't dodge Luke, didn't dodge a spear, dodged the Hulk. Thor beats the shit out of her.

4. Just running through every feat so we don't miss anything.

5. Ditto

6. Assumption

7. Spear didn't really hurt Glaive. You can't disregard it. Didn't hurt the Hulk as much as it immobilized him also. Here's the facts: The spear hit 4 people, and killed none of them. Now it's going to beat Thor? A guy who's extremely capable of stopping it? A guy who's more powerful than everyone the spear actually hit? Yeah, I'm not buying it.

ODG
Originally posted by Warlord
so, ODG, who do you think wins this fight? Thor. Proxima Midnight seems like an opponent that Thor doesn't often fight and the closest comparison I can make is to a younger Gorr who hadn't bonded with the All-Black. But not quite up to that level.

Thor luckily has a weapon that serves as both offense and defense. If Thor were to go H2H against her and her spear like Hulk did, he'd get taken down like Hulk unless he raised his game to Gorr fight levels. Either way, she's clearly beyond Luke Cage level, a fight which posters keep trying to hold against her. But her and her husband came within inches of dismantling the Hulk, Hyperion, Captain America and Captain Marvel group.

And when I say inches, I literally mean inches. Had Cap not redirected those tracers and been off by a few inches, Corvus Glaive would've still been kicking and one or both Captains would be dead. That's how close it came. And guffawing instead about Luke Cage and Wakandans strikes me as being rather narrow-minded.

ODG
1. Stomped? Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

2. Ok...so we've proven that she's vulnerable to weak piercing attacks and people who are far weaker than Thor. What was your point?

3. You're right, she didn't do shit. She literally did not even try to attack PM.1. Proxima "stomping" Cage is a far more accurate description than Cage "matching" Proxima. It was a Thing vs Hulk dynamic, if there ever was one.

2. The insignificance of her shoulder being pierced and the insignificance of being pounded on by Luke Cage for an entire comic is self-evident. Re-read the comic.

3. Until she did when she was Binary. From behind. So stating that "Carol was beating her clearly IMO," was rather specious of you. If that was the effect you were going for, mission accomplished. Originally posted by Cogito
1. Yet twice people who are pretty much human level blocked or intercepted it.

2. Relevant because Thor can block it easily.

3. I look at all her feats. She didn't dodge Luke, didn't dodge a spear, dodged the Hulk. Thor beats the shit out of her.

4. Just running through every feat so we don't miss anything.

5. Ditto

6. Assumption

7. Spear didn't really hurt Glaive. You can't disregard it. Didn't hurt the Hulk as much as it immobilized him also. Here's the facts: The spear hit 4 people, and killed none of them. Now it's going to beat Thor? A guy who's extremely capable of stopping it? A guy who's more powerful than everyone the spear actually hit? Yeah, I'm not buying it. 1. At nearly the cost of their own lives. And a light-speeder and a Hulk and a Corvus Glaive didn't.

2. Her spear and black light tracers aren't as useless as the Omega Effect, unfortunately.

3. She didn't need to dodge Luke Cage. She didn't need to dodge the spear. She dodged a streaking Hulk who got one-shot by her though. Somehow Cage and Wakandan spears are more relevant than dancing around and one-shotting Hulk though. We get it.

4. Because you harping on about Cage and Wakandans initially until being forced to confront the rest of her performance demonstrates your unwavering faithfulness to full context. Excuse me while I laugh myself out of this thread.

5. I didn't restate anything you said. I brought context to it. Follow the conversation or don't.

6. Because Cap or Glaive showed any debilitating effects such as being weighed down by a star or corrupted with anti-particles from within. Which is what happened to those who remained stabbed by the black light tracers for more than an instant. If you're going to establish any sort of pretense of engaging in a constructive conversation, completely ignoring facts from the comics isn't helpful.

7. Alright, enough with the blind-man act. You're not blind, so stop pretending to be, just to act like this entire conversation hasn't been a trainwreck for you. Corvus Glaive, who Proxima never wanted to hurt, who has the black light tracers immediately resummoned from his gut isn't hurt by the spear's black light tracers? Are you even reading the comic or just twisting it inside your mind beyond recognition? But whatever, we have to ignore that anyway just like we ignore Hulk being completely defeated by Proxima's spear attack more utterly than Thor himself has ever managed in his entire 50 year career of fighting Hulk.

deathslash
Proxima.............

Loses this fight badly

Cogito
ODG, you talk a good talk, but at the end of the day Proxima Midnight did little to nothing.

She didn't beat Luke Cage, she didn't beat Carol, she didn't beat anyone 1v1. The only thing she accomplished was taking the Hulk out of the fight with a blindside hit when was engaging Thanos and co. all at once.

The spear is mildly impressive. She, physically, is barely above Luke Cage. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. When she gets out of that living death situation, maybe she'll get a few more feats under her belt, but for now she's just another ho-hum bad guy lackey.

carver9
Just want to throw out that Cap didn't withstand the same type of attack Hulk withstood.

"Then a wider net perhaps dear Midnight"?

"No, a denser one".

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thanos/Infinity006-016.jpg

She didn't use the same type of attack on Cap.

Stoic
She got hit in the back while flying away and not looking at all.

--

Proxima's stock went up. IMO she just got bumped from maybe high meta/low herald to solidly low herald.

She still got beat up by Luke Cage. She still struggled with Wakanda and a spear. She's still a glass cannon (for her power output) with a single decent attack that's should be pretty easily blocked or absorbed by anyone with a decent defense.

I would ask what fight you were looking at, but she only fought Luke once, and she would have killed him if they continued to fight it out. Cage is also a very tough character , and plenty strong. He's been given a push for the past few years now, so I hope that you aren't using him as a means of reducing Proxima's stock She is certainly above mid Herald if you count Firelord among that grouping. Anyone capable of "physically" putting the hurt on Hyperion, should never be placed within the tier that you are suggesting. Her combat ability should also be noted.

ODG
ODG, you talk a good talk, but at the end of the day Proxima Midnight did little to nothing. http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/65990164_wtf_gif.gif

Dove out of a spaceship in orbit free-falling face-first into Manhattan with a smile. Took everything Luke Cage had in pure H2H with little more than PMSy frustration and some blood splatter. Nearly murdered a Herald-level energy manipulator with one shot. Led the charge against Wakanda in the first successful invasion attack in its history. Tag-teamed with Corvus Glaive and came within inches of utterly defeating a Hulk, Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Captain America group. Utterly devastated Hulk.

I understand that this spontaneous pointless contempt for the Infinity storyline has caused random posters to spite the story at the cost of their own reason, but I'm guessing that in a few weeks, people will realize how vindictively shallow they were. After all, it took a few weeks for the general KMC population to realize again that Black Bolt's scream was powerful. As if Black Bolt's entire history and the bald fact that he caused more damage to Thanos than even a bloodlusted PG Thor managed in a full-issue brawl didn't speak volumes enough.

Whatever.

DarkSaint85
I personally think Thanos handed shitty weapons out to his lackeys.

Read their bios. Corvus Glaive..as long as his blade is whole, he cannot die.

Whoops.

Proxima Midnight ...her beams are lethal to most creatures. Yet it failed with Spectrum, Hulk, Captain America and Corvus.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/14/149570/3275083-img_7147.png

Thanos gives out defective weaponry.

carver9
Didn't she also go through Namor and his people with ease?

DarkSaint85
Didn't she also go through Namor and his people with ease?

Nope.

When she turned up, Atlantis had pretty much fallen. Namor bowed to her because he knew Atlantis was in no shape to fight.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nope.

When she turned up, Atlantis had pretty much fallen. Namor bowed to her because he knew Atlantis was in no shape to fight.

Gotcha. Thanks for the help. I forgot.

ares834
Thor wins this.

JayDaDon
There was really no evidence that PM would be able to take Thor's attacks. Seeing as how Carol was really starting to push her shit in before Thanos stepped in, Thor's power would just crush her.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/65990164_wtf_gif.gif

Dove out of a spaceship in orbit free-falling face-first into Manhattan with a smile. Took everything Luke Cage had in pure H2H with little more than PMSy frustration and some blood splatter. Nearly murdered a Herald-level energy manipulator with one shot. Led the charge against Wakanda in the first successful invasion attack in its history. Tag-teamed with Corvus Glaive and came within inches of utterly defeating a Hulk, Hyperion, Captain Marvel, Captain America group. Utterly devastated Hulk.

I like your attempts to exaggerate.

She, with Corvus, were not "inches" from beating the group. Where do you get that from? Hyperion was never seriously hurt. Carol was never seriously hurt. Phuck, even Steve was never seriously hurt. Hyperion one-shot murdered Corvus the first time he tried.

But yeah, she got the Hulk from behind and she broke Cage's ribs, so let's make that out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread thumb up

The Sorrow
Thor likely wins, but she can get some wins aswell. Her spear is extremely deadly, but she didn't seem to want any piece of the Hulk physically. I'm thinking Thor would straight overpower her, although she is pretty mobile and crafty it seems. Reminds me of Gamora in a lot of ways.

Would actually be a cool fight to watch but at the end of the day I'd rather use Mjolnir than her spear.

ODG
I like your attempts to exaggerate.

She, with Corvus, were not "inches" from beating the group. Where do you get that from? Hyperion was never seriously hurt. Carol was never seriously hurt. Phuck, even Steve was never seriously hurt. Hyperion one-shot murdered Corvus the first time he tried. Hulk was KTFO. Hyperion collapsed in a heap. Captain America was KTFO. Captain Marvel had to go Binary.

Had Captain America missed his shield block by inches and not redirected the three black light tracers, he and Carol could have been wrecked by its gravitic and corruption effects once stabbed. Carol might be Monica's peer in energy absorption but not in energy manipulation and Monica was going to die without Black Adam's help. So they'd be down and Hyperion would still seemingly be at Corvus Glaive's mercy. Or had Cap accidentally deflected the black light tracers into anybody else other than Corvus Glaive... like Hyperion himself, Hyperion would be KTFO like Hulk with a fresh-as-daisies Corvus Glaive looking on gleefully.

Literal inches is what separated the Avengers from defeat at the hands of the Black Order's top two. Willful ignorance is required to think otherwise. Originally posted by Cogito
But yeah, she got the Hulk from behind and she broke Cage's ribs, so let's make that out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread thumb up Reverting back to prototypical contextless lowball behavior. After having the gall to say something like this to me, "Just running through every feat so we don't miss anything." - Cogito

That still makes me laugh.

http://cumedyhut.com/images/laugh.gif

Cogito
Prototypical contextless lowball behavior?

First, I provided context for every feat mentioned. Second, listing feats in their entirety isn't lowballing.

Originally posted by ODG
Hulk was KTFO.Attacked from behind, never knocked out, did revert back to Banner

Originally posted by ODG
Hyperion collapsed in a heapCollapsed after Corvus had his glaive lodged in Hyperion's chest, not after Proxima's attack. Nice try though thumb up

Originally posted by ODG
Captain America was KTFO.Didn't happen thumb up

Originally posted by ODG
Captain Marvel had to go Binary.You keep saying this, but there's no evidence that she had to do anything.

Originally posted by ODG
Had Captain America missed his shield block by inches and not redirected the three black light tracers, he and Carol could have been wrecked by its gravitic and corruption effects once stabbed. Nice, making up hypothetical situations that didn't happen thumb up Double points for making up what would happen to Carol at the same time

Did you know, if Captain America's shield missed blocking bullets by a few inches he could be killed? Amazing!

Originally posted by ODG
So they'd be down and Hyperion would still seemingly be at Corvus Glaive's mercy. Bonus points for making this out to be some sort of Proxima feat.

Originally posted by ODG
Or had Cap accidentally deflected the black light tracers into anybody else other than Corvus Glaive... like Hyperion himself, Hyperion would be KTFO like Hulk with a fresh-as-daisies Corvus Glaive looking on gleefully. Maybe, maybe not. Hyperion doesn't have a neat hammer or other defensive tool as Thor does here.

ODG
Prototypical contextless lowball behavior?

First, I provided context for every feat mentioned. Second, listing feats in their entirety isn't lowballing. Bizarro-speak doesn't fly around here, son. Originally posted by Cogito
Attacked from behind, never knocked out, did revert back to Banner

Collapsed after Corvus had his glaive lodged in Hyperion's chest, not after Proxima's attack. Nice try though thumb up

Didn't happen thumb up Because utterly devastating Hulk to the point where he disappears and Banner's all that's left with no ability to Hulk out isn't knocking the Hulk the phuck out. Smart. Maybe read some Hulk comics, plz.

When did I ever say Proxima made Hyperion collapse? I was talking about how the duo nearly beat that Avengers group. Christ. Follow the conversation (which even when it's going so badly for you, would still demonstrate a capacity to understand English at least).

Read the comic. Seriously. Particularly where Iron Man wakes up a knocked out Cap who had no idea that the Illuminati arrived on the scene, let alone knew that Thanos was defeated. Originally posted by Cogito
You keep saying this, but there's no evidence that she had to do anything.

Nice, making up hypothetical situations that didn't happen thumb up Double points for making up what would happen to Carol at the same time Because Carol goes Binary in critical situations that completely don't call for it. Granted, you probably have never read a Captain Marvel comic in the past decade, so whatever, you're forgiven. Originally posted by Cogito
Did you know, if Captain America's shield missed blocking bullets by a few inches he could be killed? Amazing!

Bonus points for making this out to be some sort of Proxima feat.

Maybe, maybe not. Hyperion doesn't have a neat hammer or other defensive tool as Thor does here. Pointless deflection is pointless. Had Cap not made Proxima attack Corvus Glaive, something that basically only he and his shield could do really, the Avengers were phucked. That was Cap's moment in the finale.

Not the point as I was talking about the duo vs. the Avengers, but you act like Proxima never stunned Hyperion before Corvus engaged him.

Not the point as I was talking about the duo vs. the Avengers, but we saw what happened to Hulk. So had Proxima pierced Hyperion, he most likely would have been just as phucked. Your appeal to "maybe, maybe not" is based on absolutely nothing but your own reticence to admit the obvious. Good job completely going off the rails over a completely secondary character. Totally not embarrassing.

Cogito
Almost all of your points remain based on assumptions and "what ifs", but please, carry on.

Edit: I should add that few, if any, of your points have anything to do with how PM would fare against Thor. The context of my points is based on how she, and especially the shield, would do against Thor. So I don't care about how effective it is against Steve, or Corvus, or anyone else significantly less powerful and less capable.

ODG
Almost all of your points remain based on assumptions and "what ifs", but please, carry on. You being stupefied into silence and capable of only hollow proclamations wasn't the effect I was going for, but I'll take it nonetheless.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/849ca0864579cb11ad90e9a62b5a6361/tumblr_mhs4x3FKaV1s30osgo1_500.gif

Cheers.

Cogito
Originally posted by ODG
You being stupefied into silence and capable of only hollow proclamations wasn't the effect I was going for, but I'll take it nonetheless.

Love how you work a sly jab into nearly every post you make when you disagree with people, it does help to give you a sense of superiority even when you're wrong. thumb up

But I was not, in fact, "supefied into silence". I'm just tired of this useless back and forth about what might have happened without context to Thor.

ODG
Love how you work a sly jab into nearly every post you make when you disagree with people, it does help to give you a sense of superiority even when you're wrong. thumb up http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxr17s28id1qbsdri.gif Originally posted by Cogito
But I was not, in fact, "supefied into silence". I'm just tired of this useless back and forth about what might have happened without context to Thor. http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/1242925128_houseomnomnom.gif

carver9
Lol

JayDaDon
So we all agree Thor stomps?

Damborgson
yeah

Cogito
Originally posted by JayDaDon
So we all agree Thor stomps? Yes

deathslash
So we all agree Thor stomps? was there ever any doubt?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor loses to Proxima Midnight. I said it, so it must be true.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
yeah Originally posted by Cogito
Yes
No.

Odekahn
Just want to throw out that Cap didn't withstand the same type of attack Hulk withstood.

"Then a wider net perhaps dear Midnight"?

"No, a denser one".

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/sonnendawg/Thanos/Infinity006-016.jpg

She didn't use the same type of attack on Cap.

Here's the order of the panels. It looks like the same type of attack to me.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/CC635397-5D6D-446C-91AB-A2A47CC27E1C.png

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/B2F6FB13-A107-4BC5-AE4E-97CD98F6D0A1.png

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/B1A5CF8B-3626-4576-ADEE-24553F52034C.png

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/610F4114-49C7-489D-A8F8-761F994757AE.png

And Hulk didn't "withstand" it, he got owned by it.

Cogito
^ Yeah, same attack.

The denser comment was just a snide remark leading up to further explanation of the spear

ares834
So we all agree Thor stomps?

Pretty much, yeah.

deathslash
^ Yeah, same attack.

The denser comment was just a snide remark leading up to further explanation of the spear In other words, Thor could deflect the attack or redirect it? Yeah, Thor wins this

Cogito
Originally posted by deathslash
In other words, Thor could deflect the attack or redirect it?

thumb up

Unless someone wants to disregard Thor's entire history of feats

JayDaDon
Proxima did well in Infinity. Her stock went up a bit, but she would crumble against Thor. If she took that shot Thor gave Thanos she probably would have been splattered.

celeyhyga17
Thor is just a bad match up for Proxima.
It's no cake walk, but he takes a large majority.

joesha28
I know those Hulk fan will say that Proxima will win, cos she made Hulk look like a chump. Ha!

Golgo13
Thor beats dat ass,.

Warlord
Thor loses to Proxima Midnight. I said it, so it must be true.

**** you Rage.
Also Proxima is being underestimated here.
Thor still wins this due to Mjolnir

Odekahn
Originally posted by joesha28
I know those Hulk fan will say that Proxima will win, cos she made Hulk look like a chump. Ha!

This is ultimately what it boils down to thumb up it's about saving face and damage control for the church or gamma.

Estacado
Thor.
He is also a better dancer.

basilisk
Thor, because of Mjolnir.

carver9
Here's the order of the panels. It looks like the same type of attack to me.

And Hulk didn't "withstand" it, he got owned by it.

Not the same attack. Also, he endured/withstood the attack. It stopped him in his pace but he handled it like a champ and was standing during the first part of the attack and was nearly on his ft during the end. I'm done talking about Hulk with you. Stop responding to me.

celeyhyga17
Not the same attack. Also, he endured/withstood the attack. It stopped him in his pace but he handled it like a champ and was standing during the first part of the attack and was nearly on his ft during the end. I'm done talking about Hulk with you. Stop responding to me.
Thor > Proxima's spear > Hulk

Prof. T.C McAbe
Thor > Proxima's spear > Hulk

hmm seems reasonable.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
hmm seems reasonable.
Welcome to the Thor fan club u turncoat!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by basilisk
Thor, because of Mjolnir.

Maybe when he learns how to spell it.

http://i44.tinypic.com/34so09f.jpg

Odekahn
Not the same attack. Also, he endured/withstood the attack. It stopped him in his pace but he handled it like a champ and was standing during the first part of the attack and was nearly on his ft during the end.

carver, come on bro.

How is it not the same attack? lol smh

He didn't endure/withstand it, he got contained and controlled by it. They were toying with him, just look at how Corvus was taunting him as he slowly cut him.

Hulk went after Thanos, got pwned. Then Thanos sent in Proxima and Corvus to finish Hulk like he wasn't even worth Thanos' time or effort.

He was standing as the spear penetrated him, then was brought to his knees. This wasn't any kind of "feat" for Hulk. It was castration of the "most powerful" version of Hulk to date. These are facts.

??? Huh?

There's no need to get upset about it, I'm just calling it like I see it. I was complaining about how poorly Hulk was handled here, I don't like it anymore than you do, I'm just not going to be in denial over it.

I'm not trying to offend you. I'm a huge Hulk fan.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Welcome to the Thor fan club u turncoat!

Why turncoat?

ODG
I'm not trying to offend you. I'm a huge Hulk fan. http://replygif.net/i/599.gif

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Why turncoat?
Just accept it.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by ODG
http://replygif.net/i/599.gif
thumb up

Only response that is required.

Khazra Reborn
Thor wins. IMO even if Proxima nets him, Thor has pretty casually withstood the heat, pressure, and gravity of stars, so I can't really see that stopping him.

Odekahn
Originally posted by The Sorrow
thumb up

Only response that is required.

Actually, neither of your responses were "required", seeing as I wasn't talking to you. But ODG's was pretty funny, even though I was telling the truth. I've got no reason to lie.

The Sorrow
Actually, neither of your responses were "required", seeing as I wasn't talking to you. But ODG's was pretty funny, even though I was telling the truth. I've got no reason to lie.
I wasn't talking to you either. I guess we just both had the same reaction at your post.

No of course you don't, your the most objective poster on the board, your constant lowballing is all in jest amirite?

carver9
@Odekahn..

You're not a Hulk fan, at all. Everyone knows this.

Odekahn
Originally posted by The Sorrow
I wasn't talking to you either. I guess we just both had the same reaction at your post.

No of course you don't, your the most objective poster on the board, your constant lowballing is all in jest amirite?

I don't lowball, I just take everything into account and don't exaggerate showings to save face for my favorite character. Not trying to point any fingers or anything.

And you're damn right I'm objective. If I'm wrong about something, and shown to be so, I'll admit it. I've done it before, and I'd do it again. It's who I am. Agree or don't. Doesn't really matter as it doesn't have an impact on the enjoyment I have here talking to everyone (yourself included).

carver9
But its normally the Hulk that you are pointing out and rarely if ever give a win to. What a coincidence. You're not fooling anyone my friend.

Odekahn
@Odekahn..

Yes I am.

You got upset when people claimed you weren't a Wonder Woman fan. Don't be a hypocrite now buddy.

Odekahn
But its normally the Hulk that you are pointing out and rarely if ever give a win to. What a coincidence. You're not fooling anyone my friend.

Maybe those are the only threads you read? I give him the win when it's due. If it's not that often (due to the thread) that's not my fault. I'm a huge Hulk fan. I'm just an honest one.

carver9
Yes I am.

You got upset when people claimed you weren't a Wonder Woman fan. Don't be a hypocrite now buddy.

Its different though. I don't go into WW threads lowballing her or discrediting her fts. Lets get off of this topic bc thats all we are going to do is get a mod attention.

Odekahn
Its different though. I don't go into WW threads lowballing her or discrediting her fts. Lets get off of this topic bc thats all we are going to do is get a mod attention.

I just call the feats like I see them. (Not through gamma colored lenses) And I participate in Hulk threads because I like the Hulk. Like I said, huge fan.

Ok, I'm willing to drop it. We're not going to agree. I'm ok with that.

celeyhyga17
What I got from this was Odekhan is definitely not a Hulk fan and Carver would be lying through his teeth if he says he's a Wonder Woman fan.

carver9
What I got from this was Odekhan is definitely not a Hulk fan and Carver would be lying through his teeth if he says he's a Wonder Woman fan.

thumb up

Has anyone seen me debate against her?

celeyhyga17
thumb up

Has anyone seen me debate against her?
I just said u ain't a Wondy fan.

Odekahn

I think he was just thumbs-upping your statement implying that my Church of Gamma membership application has been denied, lol.

I'd like to file an appeal.

carver9
I think he was just thumbs-upping your statement implying that my Church of Gamma membership application has been denied, lol.

I'd like to file an appeal.

I gave him a thumbs up because he noticed that you don't like Hulk as well. Everyone knows this.

Odekahn
I gave him a thumbs up because he noticed that you don't like Hulk as well. Everyone knows this.

He also "noticed" that you saying you're a WW fan is you "lying through your teeth". Was he correct?

Sundipped
Originally posted by ODG
http://replygif.net/i/599.gif

Falling in love with the gifs lately huh? Nice selections tho. thumb up

carver9
He also "noticed" that you saying you're a WW fan is you "lying through your teeth". Was he correct?

I don't go into WW threads lowballing her fts whereas you seem to derail Hulk threads discrediting everything he's done.

Me being a fan of the character or not doesn't matter...now you liking Hulk, that's the key point here.

Odekahn
I don't go into WW threads lowballing her fts whereas you seem to derail Hulk threads discrediting everything he's done.

Me being a fan of the character or not doesn't matter...now you liking Hulk, that's the key point here.

It was you being a fan of WW that was part of a twofold point made within the same post.

Also pointing out and disagreeing with your exaggerations isn't lowballing.

P.S. I bet I own more Hulk merchandise than you do...

carver9
It was you being a fan of WW that was part of a twofold point made within the same post.

Also pointing out and disagreeing with your exaggerations isn't lowballing.

P.S. I bet I own more Hulk merchandise than you do...

Lol...except me and others are bringing scans of the Hulk that you don't even know about.

Friend, you consisntently lowball the character.

Odekahn
Lol...except me and others are bringing scans of the Hulk that you don't even know about.

Friend, you consisntently lowball the character.

What are you bringing up that I don't know about?

And if I do it consistently, then it wouldn't be hard to find one of those times and quote me, would it? Feel free.

carver9
What are you bringing up that I don't know about?

And if I do it consistently, then it wouldn't be hard to find one of those times and quote me, would it? Feel free.

We just got into an argument a couple of weeks ago with me providing you scans of fts you didn't know about from the Hulk. Lets not pretend here.

Lol...3 posters pointed out that you don't like the Hulk. Why should I waste my time finding posts when its clear.

Odekahn
We just got into an argument a couple of weeks ago with me providing you scans of fts you didn't know about from the Hulk. Lets not pretend here.

You mean the "fts" of Hulk amped by celestial tech that you tried to give him full credit for, then turned around and called Proxima's spear and Mjolnir as "plot based weapons"?

No one can tell me what I like and what I don't, lol. That's retarded bro.

So, you got nothing then? Figured.

Odekahn
@Odekahn..

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/D6FA075C-6BAF-4CBF-A780-6140F6BE58A0.jpg

carver9
Google.

Odekahn
Google.

Are you saying you think I googled that picture? Lol

carver9
Are you saying you think I googled that picture? Lol

thumb up

Google is everyones best friend.

Odekahn
thumb up

Google is everyones best friend.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/B5F845E7-5873-4E77-92BE-94E7C141C50B.jpg

How about now?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nah, still not good enough. Post a picture with a shoe on your head, then he'll be convinced. Until then? Obviously photoshop.

Odekahn
Nah, still not good enough. Post a picture with a shoe on your head, then he'll be convinced. Until then? Obviously photoshop.

K

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/73D5DAEE-4DDF-42BD-B20E-ABD13E3D95DB.jpg

carver9
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I believed you the first time.

ares834
laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

I didn't think you'd actually do it. Bravo odekhan, you win this time!

Prof. T.C McAbe
laughing
Odekahn you are truly the best laughing out loud

JayDaDon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

I believed you the first time.

Carver as always the cerebral assassin laughing out loud Shoe on the head was gold

VeganDiet
Odekahn, are those the only two Hulk books you own?

celeyhyga17
I vote Odekahn for president even though those are the only 2 Hulk related books you've read.

carver9
I vote Odekahn for president even though those are the only 2 Hulk related books you've read.

laughing out loud

dial J for Josh
Proxima stomps. Mjolnir totally can't defend against Proximas spear. Caps shield is superior to thor's magical hammer, which is why cap would be a better matchup. America-Force > Odin-Force.

Odekahn
Originally posted by VeganDiet
Odekahn, are those the only two Hulk books you own?

No.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Proxima stomps. Mjolnir totally can't defend against Proximas spear. Caps shield is superior to thor's magical hammer, which is why cap would be a better matchup. America-Force > Odin-Force.
And to think this guy started out so promising..

VeganDiet
No. Okay. Just curious, because I own those two books, and I do hate the Hulk.

JayDaDon
And to think this guy started out so promising..

laughing out loud

janus77
This all depends on how Proxima's spear works. It's clearly more than enough to kill Thor, but is it flexible enough to get around Mjolnir...

Khazra Reborn
How is the spear more than enough to kill Thor? Captain America lived through getting hit by it, but it's somehow more than enough to kill Thor?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
How is the spear more than enough to kill Thor? Captain America lived through getting hit by it, but it's somehow more than enough to kill Thor? The effect of the spear spreads, see Mighty Avengers.

Also Cap's jobbing aura is retarded, the fact that he was standing in the middle of a herald level battle royal was facepalm worthy...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by janus77
This all depends on how Proxima's spear works. It's clearly more than enough to kill Thor,

I'd disagree with that.

but is it flexible enough to get around Mjolnir...

Nah.

ShadowFyre
How is it more than enough to kill Thor when the only person it actually killed was some no name Wakandan soldier? It didnt kill Hulk, Cap, or Monica (though it was implied that it would have). You hate Thor and we know it but theres no reason to say something that didnt kill Captain America would have killed Thor.

They didnt put Thor against the two generals because he would have killed them with the same lightning that Thanos took and that would have been it in a couple seconds.

janus77
Fair enough, I just don't think Thor could survive something that was powerful enough to completely freeze Hulk in place and then (with a second attack) transform him back to Banner.

That's a hell of a lot of energy to move around - whether by blackhole transportation or some other means - to shift Hulk back into Banner.

Parmaniac
Fair enough, I just don't think Thor could survive something that was powerful enough to completely freeze Hulk in place and then (with a second attack) transform him back to Banner.

That's a hell of a lot of energy to move around - whether by blackhole transportation or some other means - to shift Hulk back into Banner. thumb up dat spear is hax

zopzop
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The effect of the spear spreads, see Mighty Avengers.

Also Cap's jobbing aura is retarded, the fact that he was standing in the middle of a herald level battle royal was facepalm worthy...
Yeah. Dude she managed to do something that has never happened (to my knowledge) outside of a brutal What If (Scarlet Witch in What If Earth's Heroes Lost Atlantis Attacks). She managed to force Hulk back into Banner.

She was damn impressive.

carver9
Yeah. Dude she managed to do something that has never happened (to my knowledge) outside of a brutal What If (Scarlet Witch in What If Earth's Heroes Lost Atlantis Attacks). She managed to force Hulk back into Banner.

She was damn impressive.

thumb up

Banner even questioned how she did that.

Raisen
it's a good cat fight but I think she loses. proxima smashes her.

ShadowFyre
Not saying it wasnt impressive. But if she did that same thing to Thor and he felt like he was in serious danger she would be fried or slammed by Mjolnir or etc. Hulk is overall stronger but he has no way of countering something like that where Thor has plenty.

janus77
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Not saying it wasnt impressive. But if she did that same thing to Thor and he felt like he was in serious danger she would be fried or slammed by Mjolnir or etc. Hulk is overall stronger but he has no way of countering something like that where Thor has plenty.
Except the first thing that the spear did was to freeze Hulk in place by trying to collapse him into himself (the weight of a star upon his skin - the spear was formed from a supernova star).

Thor, being the weaker of the two, would be no less frozen in place and thus unable to command mjolnir to strike.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor, being the weaker of the two, would be no less frozen in place and thus unable to command mjolnir to strike.

Thor can mentally control the weather and Mjolnir.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>