Nymphomaniac (Lars von Trier)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Behold the Dafoe. I probably don't really want to see this. The last von Trier movie I saw (Antichrist) scarred me for life, plus I think I read that this would be like 4 or 5 hours long. Get a fu#kin' editor, man.

V5YekQnGSIs&oref

the ninjak
Those rumours of the length are probably nonsense but damn!!!
This film looks good.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by the ninjak
Those rumours of the length are probably nonsense...

I wouldn't put it past him. From IMDB: "Runtime: 330 min (director's cut)." That's 5 and 1/2 hours.

the ninjak
Wow that's alot of sexual tension.........literally.

Bring it on. Some acting chomps in that trailer. I love it.

But with a running time like that. This better be a sexual masterpiece.

God knows cinema needs one.

Damn. Time limit doesn't mean anything when it comes to quality.
But such a time limit for a film based on sex? I hope it pushes boundaries.

BackFire
Love Von Trier. Can't wait for this. The trailer was nuts.

BruceSkywalker
want to see this, but might wait for the blu ray

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I wouldn't put it past him. From IMDB: "Runtime: 330 min (director's cut)." That's 5 and 1/2 hours.

The run time's no big deal.

I can see security throwing me out after the first 20 minutes. cool

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I can see security throwing me out after the first 20 minutes. cool

I am thoroughly terrified of anyone who can get off to anything by Lars von Trier. blink

Esau Cairn
Haven't seen Antichrist...not sure what mood I have to be to see it.

What's so "bad" about it, Leech?

Is it just depressing?
Violently graphic?
Intimidating?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Haven't seen Antichrist...not sure what mood I have to be to see it.

What's so "bad" about it, Leech?

Is it just depressing?
Violently graphic?
Intimidating?

It's not bad at all. It's fantastic, actually. I just found it very disturbing. More disturbing than any supposedly "scary" movie out there. The fact that it's extremely well done and engrossing made it more effective at being disturbing. Watch it. Let me know what you think. When I saw it, though, I had no idea what to expect. I just thought the trailers + the title were fascinating and Willem Dafoe was in it. So it kind of caught me off guard, I suppose.

Esau Cairn
Ha ha ha there's an article somewhere that a theatre in Florida was screening Walt Disney's Frozen when the film malfunctioned.
As a filler, the projectionist accidentally put a trailer of Nympho on, to an audience of parents & children...

Patient_Leech
That projectionist deserves a gold trophy for the win of Best Real Life Troll... hahaha laughing

the ninjak
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
That projectionist deserves a gold trophy for the win of Best Real Life Troll... hahaha laughing

He Fight Clubbed it.

BruceSkywalker
this film will be released as a two part film...

will just wait and buy the blu ray a few weeks later

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/lars-von-triers-racy-nymphomaniac-gets-two-part-release-from-magnolia/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.