My Pokemon Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Danny Wayne
I have several level 100 teams and I wanted to test some against other people starting with this one. This is blue version.

Gyrados
Hyper Beam
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Fire Blast

Dugtrio
Dig
Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Rock Slide

Charizard
Flamethrower
Mega Kick
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Gengar
Hypnosis
Hyper Beam
Explosion
Psychic

Jolteon
Thunder
Flash
Double Edge
Skull Bash

Aerodactyl
Earthquake
Sky Attack
Double Edge
Hyper beam

Danny Wayne
So what are yalls teams

NemeBro
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet

Danny Wayne
Lol nemebro still wobbuffet is still freaking awesome.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet

crylaugh

sacred108
Honestly not a bad team mine is

Tyranitar
Ampharos
Hypno
Ninetails
Lapras
Houndoom

The Scenario
Machoke
Haunter
Graveler
Kadabra

Danny Wayne
Not bad on your teams guys scenario I will only use 4 pokemon against you cause you only posted 4.

Danny Wayne
Originally posted by sacred108
Honestly not a bad team mine is

Tyranitar
Ampharos
Hypno
Ninetails
Lapras
Houndoom my gyarados could take your tyranitar, then you would send out ampharos which would beat my gyarados, then I would send out dugtrio which would bear your ampharos, you probably will send out lapses which would beat my dugtrio, I would send jolteon next and he would beat lapras, you send out houndoom which could beat my jolteon if lapras got a good hit, I would then send charizard and with a few earthquakes should bring houndoom down, you send out hypno which if houndoom got a few good hits should be able to take down my charizard, I would then send gengar would potentially beat hypno, you send out ninetails and my gengar would use explosion and even if it survived my aireodactyl would finish it off.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by NemeBro
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
Wobbuffet
The only logical answer

/thread

EDIT:

My team would be comprised of 6 Arceuses with Draco Plate, Fairy Plate, Dread Plate, Iron Plate, Spooky Plate, and Zap Plate.

AsbestosFlaygon
Or

6 Mega Mewtwo Xs

jmoul
I can compare that to my team on Yellow. I will use the battle mechanics and stats of 1st gen. All are level 100s:

Pikachu (Max Speed and Special)
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Agility
Mega Kick

Blastoise (Max Defense and Special)
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Bite
Surf

Charizard (Max Speed and Special)
Fire Blast
Fly
Flamethrower
Slash

Venusaur - (Max Special and Attack)
Razor Leaf
Body Slam
Mega Drain
Solarbeam

Dugtrio (Max Attack and Special)
Fissure
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Slash

Alakazam (Max Speed and Special)
Psychic
Psybeam
Recover
Reflect

Ridley_Prime
Dem genwunners.

Danny Wayne
@ jmoul not a bad team who is your starter mine is usually gengar or gyarados

@scenario same thing I said to jmoul

The Scenario
Because I can, my current team on X:

Politoed w/ Damp Rock (Gluttony)
Modest
Drizzle
-Ice Beam
-Hyper Voice
-Scald
-Hydro Pump

Heliolisk w/ Life Orb (Pride)
Timid
Dry Skin
-Thunder
-Grass Knot
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

Noivern w/ Choice Specs (Wrath)
Timid
Infiltrator
-Hurricane
-Boomburst
-Whirlwind
-Roost

Azumarill w/ Assault Vest (Envy)
Adamant
Huge Power
-Aqua Tail
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Goodra w/ Leftovers (Sloth)
Bold
Hydration
-Muddy Water
-Rain Dance
-Toxic
-Rest

Ferrothorn w/ Rocky Helmet (Greed)
Bold
Iron Barbs
-Power Whip
-Leach Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Ingrain

Which does leave an open space for Lust, but what can you do.

EDIT: Venusaur. My starter is and always will be Bulbasaur.

Danny Wayne
I haven't played x

And I have no idea what all new pokemon their are the latest ones I've played are when you are in sinnoh.

And I mean your starter for your team in this thread.

jmoul
Originally posted by Danny Wayne
@ jmoul not a bad team who is your starter mine is usually gengar or gyarados

@scenario same thing I said to jmoul

Pikachu starts for me normally, but I also like to lead with Dugtrio on occasion.

Danny Wayne
@jmoul if you started with pikachu I would start with gengar you would open up with a electric move then I would put you asleep then I would use psychic then a hyper beam you wake up hit me again then I would repeat the same steps. After your pikachu was defeated you would send out alakazam. If I were to survive one of your attacks I probably would use explosion if I had low health. Though it won't take out alakazam it will still be damaged. I would send out my dugtrio and it with a few moves could finish it off. Then you would send out Blastoise and rage stomp my dugtrios face. Then my jolteon would come out and take out your Blastoise. Then you send out dugtrio to beat my jolteon. Then out comes my gyarados to stomp your dugtrio. Then you would send out venasaur and if I survived an attack I would hit you with a fire blast though it won't kill it, it will take a lot of life. When you finish off gyarados my charizard would come out and beat your venasaur. You send out your charizard and they duke it out and because I'm nice I'll let your charizard win. But then my aireodactyl comes out and beats your injured charizard.

jmoul
I'm also working on a team on X, here's what I want for the end result:

Chesnaught: 100 (Max Special Attack and Special Defense)
Overgrow
-Hammer Arm
-Giga Impact
-Wood Hammer
-Spiky Shield

Mega Blazekien: 100 (Max Attack and Special Attack)
Speed Boost
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut
-Slash
-Aerial Ace

Mega Blastoise: 100 (Max Special Defense and Special Attack)
Mega Launcher
-Hydro Cannon
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Surf

Mega Gengar: 100 (Max Defense and Max Special Attack)
Shadow Tag
-Toxic
-Dark Pulse
-Shadow Ball
-Hex

Mega Kangaskhan: 100 (Max Attack and Defense)
Scrappy
-Crunch
-Hammer Arm
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower

Mega Garchomp: 100 (Max Special Attack and Attack)
Rough Skin
-Dragon Rush
-Slash
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Danny Wayne
I haven't played some of the recent pokemon games

jmoul
@jmoul if you started with pikachu I would start with gengar you would open up with a electric move then I would put you asleep then I would use psychic then a hyper beam you wake up hit me again then I would repeat the same steps. After your pikachu was defeated you would send out alakazam. If I were to survive one of your attacks I probably would use explosion if I had low health. Though it won't take out alakazam it will still be damaged. I would send out my dugtrio and it with a few moves could finish it off. Then you would send out Blastoise and rage stomp my dugtrios face. Then my jolteon would come out and take out your Blastoise. Then you send out dugtrio to beat my jolteon. Then out comes my gyarados to stomp your dugtrio. Then you would send out venasaur and if I survived an attack I would hit you with a fire blast though it won't kill it, it will take a lot of life. When you finish off gyarados my charizard would come out and beat your venasaur. You send out your charizard and they duke it out and because I'm nice I'll let your charizard win. But then my aireodactyl comes out and beats your injured charizard.

My pikachu has taken a Gengar out with one Thunder, but I'll go along with how you see that first battle going. Before going farther, is this battle with 1st gen battle mechanics or with modern mechanics? This will affect my choice for the next pokemon in line.

Danny Wayne
I was actually going off 1st generation also my gengar has taken several thunderbolts from a level 100 raichu

The Scenario
Originally posted by jmoul
I'm also working on a team on X, here's what I want for the end result:

You can only have one Mega per team. You definitely could have multiple Mega Stones, but as soon as one of those Mega Evolves, none of the others will be able to and they're wasting an item slot.

Sorry.

Wei Phoenix
I was actually going off 1st generation also my gengar has taken several thunderbolts from a level 100 raichu

No EV trained Gengar is taking several thunderbolts by an EV trained Raichu. An EV trained Gengar may take two against a non EV trained Raichu and that's only if you max SPDF.

Danny Wayne
My Gengar has max pretty much everything i think

Wei Phoenix
My Gengar has max pretty much everything i think

Then it's a hacked one, pokemon can only have two maxed stats. Why don't you guys just play these battles on Pokemon Online? It's free and you can settle it that way as opposed to saying what your opponent is going to do to give you the victory?

Danny Wayne
I actually don't know how to hack a Gameboy this is what I play my blue version on. Yes I know a Gameboy is old as **** but me and it have had great times together when I was young.

jmoul
In Yellow, the Pikachu you start with has higher stats than a normal Pikachu would. Now, to finish my analysis; since we are in Gen 1 mechanics, after Pikachu goes, my Dugtrio follows, and Earthquakes Gengar to death. You send out Gyrados, taking my Dugtrio out with Hydro Pump. I send out Alakazam and proceed to annoy the sh*t out of you with repeated psychics and recovers until your Gyrados faints. You then respond with Jolteon, taking what's left of Alakazam's HP, I send out Venusaur, who Body Slams Jolteon, then uses mega drain repeatedly until Jolteon is down, but Venusaur takes a good deal of damage. You send your Charizard out, taking Venusaur out with one flamethrower. I send out Blastoise, who takes out Charizard with a hydro pump, followed by a blizzard. Now you have your Dugtrio and Aerodactyl, Dugtrio comes first, and he gets sh*t on. Then Aerodactyl gets a blizzard to the face, he dies.

jmoul
Originally posted by The Scenario
You can only have one Mega per team. You definitely could have multiple Mega Stones, but as soon as one of those Mega Evolves, none of the others will be able to and they're wasting an item slot.

Sorry.

Well, sh*t, there goes my perfect team.

Danny Wayne
I think my gayarados could take your alakazam.

Also wei what sites of online pokemon do you recommend I have only played one online but that was a while ago.

Wei Phoenix
I think my gayarados could take your alakazam.

Also wei what sites of online pokemon do you recommend I have only played one online but that was a while ago.

Just google Pokemon Online and download the free client and invite him to a battle.

Ridley_Prime
@ jmoul: Without something like Substitute Mega Gengar gets eaten alive by an Earthquake, etc. since it no longer has the levitate trait... Just saying.

Some of those others like Mega Blaziken could also use some reworking moveset-wise, if you ask me.

jmoul
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
@ jmoul: Without something like Substitute Mega Gengar gets eaten alive by an Earthquake, etc. since it no longer has the levitate trait... Just saying.

Some of those others like Mega Blaziken could also use some reworking moveset-wise, if you ask me.

The loss of levitate is why I will never send him out against any ground types, which have the greatest threat to Mega Gengar with Earthquake.

I just gave my goal for my final team, so I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it.

Ridley_Prime
Well non-ground types that learn Earthquake via TM can still trash Mega Gengar too, so you can never be too careful. That's why I'd recommend having something like Substitute over one of the filler moves you got there for it like Toxic, but there's a lot of different things that can be done with Gengar, so eh.. On that note, you don't need it to have two ghost type attacks. Replace either Hex or Shadow Ball (I kept Hex on mine) for a good STAB poison move like Sludge Bomb. It's special, so goes along well with Gengar's sp attack, not to mention is good for them fairies. There's also Dazzling Gleam it can learn for those dark types. Like I said though, lots of things you can do with Gengar.

For Chesnaught, why do you have max special attack for it? I hope that was a typo and that you just meant physical attack, because that's better than its sp attack. I'd recommend Leech Seed or something on it too.

Mega Blaziken... Aerial Ace is pointless to have on it in terms of coverage. Give it Stone Edge or some rock move in its place. Also replace Sky Uppercut with Hi Jump Kick (it can remember it by giving the move tutor in Dendemille Town a heart scale). I also like Flare Blitz over Blaze Kick, though with the recoil damage it might be risky due to Blaziken's lackluster HP and defenses. And there's no need to put any effort values into special attack, as there's no special attacks that benefit Blaziken that much. Needs all the speed it can get if anything, speed boost or not.

For Garchomp, personally prefer Crunch over Slash, but with Slash's critical hit ratio I guess it's alright. Dragon Claw is better than Dragon Rush, unless you really like the possible flinch side effect. And assuming you teach Blaziken Stone Edge, I would replace Garchomp's Stone Edge for Poison Jab, to cover Garchomp's weakness to fairies, and is also good against grass. And there's no reason for Garchomp to have max special attack. I'd recommend just regular Garchomp over the mega-form too, as Garchomp loses plenty of speed when it mega-volves.

Kangaskhan and Blastoise I don't currently use, but am sure there's better advice that could be given for them as well over what you currently got on 'em.

But yeah, like Scenario pointed out, only one Mega Pokemon can be used in battle at a time, so give everyone else Quick Claw, Leftovers, the held items you can win from the Battle Maison, etc. if you're not gonna use them as a Mega for the time being. Out of the ones on your team, I'd recommend keeping Gengar as the mega.

jmoul
I was thinking that for Chesnaught, being a grass-type, special attack would be good. I'll just say, this is the first pokemon game I've seriously played since Hoenn, so I am only just learning the spread of physical/special attacks for each type, since I'm used to each type having a uniform attack base.

I'm a bit confused about the mega evolutions now, is it that a trainer can only have one mega evolution out at a time in a battle, or only one in an entire battle?

Ridley_Prime
Only one mega can be used in an entire battle.

And don't sweat it. I had kinda been out of the Pokemon scene during most of the last gen and/or the gen before that, and I actually made a similar misjudgment on Delphox as you did on Chesnaught, thinking that physical attack would be good on it too based on the previous fire starters, so I chose a bad nature for my first Delphox as a result. Oh well, live and learn.

jmoul
Thanks for the help.

Now, on a completely unrelated note, and I'm going to give my honest opinion here, the Delfox line is a sick and ugly joke of the Typhlosion line with an added psychic-type bonus. And Delfox looks ugly as hell.

Ridley_Prime
No problem.

Psychic and fire are two of my favorite types, so out of all the dual-typing they could've done, I'm glad it was that that broke the fire/fighting trend that starters had for awhile. And since I never got to have Victini back when it was an event, Delphox was the first psychic/fire type I got to have.

For being a more feminine Pokemon like Gardevoir, I don't think Delphox looks ugly or that bad. Not my favorite, but it's a freakin psychokinetic fire fox. 'nuff said. Never got why it's so underrated.

And to be honest, as much as I love gen 2 (one of my favorite gens), Typhlosion was like the most underwhelming out of the fire starters for me (usually pick fire starters every time at least the first playthrough). Cyndaquil not gaining an addition type upon evolving prolly had something to do with it. Maybe one day the Johto starters might get more diversity if given the megaform treatment, but until then they're pretty "meh" to me. Meganium's my favorite out of them though.

jmoul

Wei Phoenix
That is a horrible strategy...

Ridley_Prime
Eh, maybe I did underestimate Typhlosion a bit there. For a fire starter seems like he could be an alright mixed sweeper based on some of the moves you listed.

I never outright said I didn't like Typhlosion though; always loved its design as I have with most fire Pokemon. Anyway, probably wouldn't want to restart my Heart Gold file with all I have on it, so if I were to have another Typhlosion, I would just breed another Cyndaquil in that game, then trade it over.

jmoul
I meant reuse Cyndaquil in the true 2nd gen (GSC), not the remakes.

Wei, have you ever faced a Typhlosion like I have described? My guess is no. When you finally face that type of Typhlosion, then comeback and say that it is a horrible strategy. Until then, don't speak against the boss that is Typhlosion.

(Yes, I admit that I am extremely biased when it comes to Typhlosion, but he has earned my favoritism)

Wei Phoenix
I meant reuse Cyndaquil in the true 2nd gen (GSC), not the remakes.

Wei, have you ever faced a Typhlosion like I have described? My guess is no. When you finally face that type of Typhlosion, then comeback and say that it is a horrible strategy. Until then, don't speak against the boss that is Typhlosion.

(Yes, I admit that I am extremely biased when it comes to Typhlosion, but he has earned my favoritism)

Like I said, Pokemon Online, I'll make a gen 2 team and we can do this now. If that's really how you built him then I don't see you beating anyone that is even somewhat skilled. It sounds like all you fought were AI and similar skilled friends.

Ridley_Prime
To be honest, yeah.. It sounds like that to me too.

And I don't have a copy of the original Gold/Silver or Crystal on me anymore. Does Nintendo even have the classic Pokemon games on 3DS virtual console? If they were to, I'd might play some of 'em through that.

jmoul
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
To be honest, yeah.. It sounds like that to me too.

And I don't have a copy of the original Gold/Silver or Crystal on me anymore. Does Nintendo even have the classic Pokemon games on 3DS virtual console? If they were to, I'd might play some of 'em through that.

Just get a ROM on your computer or phone, while you won't be able to trade or do link battles, it still allows you to play.

jmoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Like I said, Pokemon Online, I'll make a gen 2 team and we can do this now. If that's really how you built him then I don't see you beating anyone that is even somewhat skilled. It sounds like all you fought were AI and similar skilled friends.

Okay, I have a few questions first:
1. Does pokemon online have to be paid for or downloaded?
2. Can you actually build your pokemon to your own specifications?
3. What is your username if I decide to try it? That way I can actually contact and battle you then.
4. Have you noticed ANY problems on your computer after starting to use Pokemon online?

Wei Phoenix
Okay, I have a few questions first:
1. Does pokemon online have to be paid for or downloaded?
2. Can you actually build your pokemon to your own specifications?
3. What is your username if I decide to try it? That way I can actually contact and battle you then.
4. Have you noticed ANY problems on your computer after starting to use Pokemon online?

1. Downloaded free
2. You choose gender, nature, ability, shiny or not. If you want to do a Gen 2 as if it was Gold/Silver then we can leave out natures and abilities.
3. Don't know if it's still up but if I have to make a new one then I'll let you know.
4. My computer works fine with it, no problems.

jmoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
1. Downloaded free
2. You choose gender, nature, ability, shiny or not. If you want to do a Gen 2 as if it was Gold/Silver then we can leave out natures and abilities.
3. Don't know if it's still up but if I have to make a new one then I'll let you know.
4. My computer works fine with it, no problems.

Last Question; what is the URL or google search I should use to get the correct site, because there are literally thousands of them on the internet.

Wei Phoenix
Just google Pokemon Online it's what it's called so it should be the first one.

MooCowofJustice
I do think I misled you guys when I said Pokemon Online. That one does seem good, but I meant Pokemon Showdown, which is Smogon's official battle sim.

If Online works though, whatever, haha.

jmoul
Sweet! I will battle you all there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.