Respect William Gravel, Combat Magician!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LGU
http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af191/lgu88/Gravel/7_zps1cfd967a.jpg

Gravel is a character created by Warren Ellis and Mark Wolfer, so I guess I'll leave the short snappy descriptions up to them.

Wolfer says:

Ellis says:

Check out the next post for some notes on organisation and why I've included what I have etc. After that, the thread is arranged in chronological order by arc. The most impressive stuff from a battleboard perspective is later on, but the most awesome scenes are earlier. Enjoy!

Order:
I. Strange Kiss
II. Stranger Kisses
III. Strange Killings
IV. Strange Killings: The Body Orchard
V: Strange Killings: Strong Medicine
VI: Strange Killings: Necromancer
VII: Gravel - The Minor Seven
VIII: Gravel - The Major Seven
IX: Gravel - Last King of England

LGU
1. Gravel has (intentionally) a very vaguely defined power-set. This is particularly true in the earlier mini-series Ellis wrote, although his magic abilities get fleshed out a bit more in the 21-issue ongoing the character eventually appeared in. As such, there is no real easy way to organise a respect thread for the guy. Usually I like to do these things in block, "Strength", "Speed" etc. That doesn't really work with Gravel at all.

So, in terms of organisation I have gone with a simple chronological order. The thread is split into parts for every arc Gravel appears in.

2. As he is an obscure character operating within his own universe I have tried to include as much context for the guys he is fighting with and against as I could. I've also included a lot of showings for Gravel that aren't necessarily impressive, just to give a fuller picture of what the guy is and what levels he operates at on a daily basis.

I think this gives a more accurate impression than just a highlights reel of his best showings and nothing else.

However, the flip-side to this is that it means there are a lot of scans and most people probably won't want to read them all. SO: I've added "***" next to a selection of what I consider to be Gravel's best showings. If you just want to look at a much smaller selection of scans to see why Gravel is a beast, either scroll down keeping an eye out for the "***" or press Ctrl + F and type "***" (without the quotation marks).

3. Gravel features in adult series and is the product of a pretty warped mind. So there is a LOT of extreme violence and general weirdness, and also a fair bit of nudity. I've censored any full-frontal nudity to comply with the board rules but if you are easily offended/disgusted, avoid these scans like the plague.

And without further ado...

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

Galan007
You can only edit posts for 15 minutes. After that it requires a mod-edit to change them.

...So you better hurry, is what I'm saying.

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU

LGU
Okay I'm done! Not the longest respect thread in the world but the guy doesn't have many appearances. He does, however, feature in some cool scenes so I hope some people enjoy them!

Any feedback welcomed.

Cheers.

LGU
Oh and that time limit thing sure doesn't make posting this kind of thing too easy! Which mod would I need to speak to in order to fix the whacky formatting in the first post (and maybe some of the random characters which seem to have appeared in the other ones when I've copied and pasted the text over)?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I love Gravel. Nice work.

For future reference, you can only edit your posts within 15 minutes on KMC. Afterward, you'd need a mod's help. I know, it kind of sucks for respect threads. It's always been my opinion that for this part of the forum, there should be no time limit if possible.

Galan007
Originally posted by LGU
Oh and that time limit thing sure doesn't make posting this kind of thing too easy! Which mod would I need to speak to in order to fix the whacky formatting in the first post (and maybe some of the random characters which seem to have appeared in the other ones when I've copied and pasted the text over)? Contact either Digi or Badabing.

Both of them are very active users, and are usually willing to help out where they can. The other mods of this forum aren't really active at all, so your PM would likely fall on deaf ears with them.

Great work on the thread so far. thumb up

LGU
Originally posted by Galan007
Contact either Digi or Badabing.

Both of them are very active users, and are usually willing to help out where they can. The other mods of this forum aren't really active at all, so your PM would likely fall on deaf ears with them.

Great work on the thread so far. thumb up

Cool, I've PM'd Digi so hopefully he can help me tidy it up a bit! Thanks for the help and the kind words.

Cheers.

LGU
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I love Gravel. Nice work.

For future reference, you can only edit your posts within 15 minutes on KMC. Afterward, you'd need a mod's help. I know, it kind of sucks for respect threads. It's always been my opinion that for this part of the forum, there should be no time limit if possible.

Thanks!

Yeah not ideal for respect threads at all, apart from anything else it means it's hard to update the thread with new stuff once you have posted it so new feats will get lost in an unsorted jumble. I would guess it's a board thing rather than a setting for individual forums though? Oh well.

Cheers.

Digi
Requested changes are made. Good thread. thumb up

LGU
Originally posted by Digi
Requested changes are made. Good thread. thumb up

Thanks very much!

Cheers.

abhilegend
Awesome respect thread as always Liam.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.