Sooo...What Does God Actually Do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esau Cairn
Ok so He created the world a couple of thousand years ago.
That took 7 days from what I've been told.
He sent His Son down...we know how that ended.
The Bible mentions some smiting, plagues & floods here & there...

So yeah...what exactly has He been doing with His time ever since???

There's no further proof, transcripts or appearances.

Is He still working on a Grand Plan that us mortal monkeys cannot comprehend...yet we seem to be an integral part of it?

Has The Plan already been implemented????

Show me proof of what's God done for you lately.

Shakyamunison
God does not DO. Humans DO.

Stealth Moose
God has been indisposed since Sons of Anarchy resumed. He's still unsure of what to do after that ends though so maybe we'll get an apocalypse soon enough.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
God has been indisposed since Sons of Anarchy resumed. He's still unsure of what to do after that ends though so maybe we'll get an apocalypse soon enough.

I feel his pain.

Oneness
From what I've seen, The Things help the righteous and root out the wicked and careless.

Kostabot
God simply Is. It is us who do, in order to eventually discover through our actions that we are one with him/her/it, and that our potential is limited only by our faith, or lack there of.

Just My humble Godly opinion.

Stealth Moose
Don't lie; the Beard is the true divinity here. You are just a carrier.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kostabot
God simply Is. It is us who do, in order to eventually discover through our actions that we are one with him/her/it, and that our potential is limited only by our faith, or lack there of.

Seriously, stop for a moment & re-read your post. It's pure surrealistic waffle.

God is... & yet we can discover that we too can be truly Gods as well????

It's the plot to Matrix 4.

Kostabot
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Seriously, stop for a moment & re-read your post. It's pure surrealistic waffle.

God is... & yet we can discover that we too can be truly Gods as well????

I read my post prior to posting it, and it makes perfect sense to me. If you do not understand it please take the time to re-read it yourself. Its a spiritual riddle of sorts, and is described very well in Neale Donal Walsh's book Conversations with God (a book some may dismiss as a load of crap, but that resonates with me).

What would Suffice as a logical answer to a question like this then? God is a entity that is embodies by the Universe in its Entirety, and is not exclusive to the physical, but also includes the ethereal etc. (As is my understanding from the religious and spiritual material that I have read.

If you have your version of the answer to a question you asked, please feel free to share it so that I can show you how not to criticize people for answering a question in a way that rings true to them. wink

It's the plot to Matrix 4.

You're not entirely wrong here. The Matrix trilogy had some pretty obvious spiritual undertones in its plot.

Kostabot
Is He still working on a Grand Plan that us mortal monkeys cannot comprehend...yet we seem to be an integral part of it?

I seriously recommend you take a look at "Conversations with God" (The book, not the movie). If this is a question you actually want some clarity on, as opposed to a means of making sarcastic underhanded remarks about how the answer makes no sense, then that book may shed some light.

It can, and has ruffled a few feathers with its unorthodox (in the traditional western christian context) interpretation of the meaning of God and the Bible, so you have to read it with a bit of an open mind, and be prepared to not like some of the things you read.

Unfortunately it (God) doesn't work like that when it comes to faith and God. It's not "I'll believe it when I see it". It's I will see it when I believe. That is the fundamental aspect of Faith. To demonstrate it, and then be shown "the answer".

Lord Lucien
Unfortunately it (God) doesn't work like that when it comes to faith and God. It's not "I'll believe it when I see it". It's I will see it when I believe. That is the fundamental aspect of Faith. To demonstrate it, and then be shown "the answer". "Faith is the surrender of the mind; the surrender of reason; it's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different than the other mammals. It's our need to believe and to surrender our skepticism and our reason; our yearning to discard that and put all our faith and trust in someone that is the sinister thing, to me. Of all the supposed virtues, Faith is the most overrated."

Kostabot
Where is that quote from?

Faith has served me well in my life. Faith in myself has helped me push through obstacles that would have otherwise beaten me. Faith in the bigger picture has helped me deal with emotional turmoil. Faith in the importance of family and friends has helped me learn the importance of honesty and maintaining trust.

I don't see faith as the complete surrender of ones fate to a higher power. I see faith as a deep knowing that you are connected to everything/everyone, and thus must treat everyone and everything with dignity and respect. To me it is the realization of the fact that outside of what I am currently capable pf influencing, I don't know what tomorrow will bring, and that I have to do my best to make that day count for everything it's worth.

I have to add the disclaimer that although these are my beliefs, I am not always good at adhering to them. I make mistakes like anyone else, my ego at times clouds my judgement, and I make poor decisions, I have bad days, I curse, I talk bad about people and I am not always 100% honest. But in the back of my mind I always identify myself as a person who values faith, and must therefore strive to better myself, and help others where I can along the way.

Faith has merit, and it is a virtue worth embracing, at least to some degree in your everyday life. We all have it in our own way i believe, some just chose to acknowledge and act on it more than others.

Stealth Moose
It looks like a Bertrand Russell quote. In any case, I have to agree. Having a small amount of faith in some things is simply dodging depression and fatalism, such as "I believe we'll find some better place to live in the future; I have faith that I'll get hired at this new plant" or "I'm sure you'll get better, Grandma. We're here for you." Some of it is platitudes we tell ourselves and each other as a kind of optimism and benevolence that isn't in itself bad. Even faith to one's self that "there's some higher meaning here", while selectively ignoring the lack of meaning in bad thingds world-wide, is ultimately harmless if used simply to buffer one's soul against hardship.

When faith becomes a tool for determining absolute truth or a lifestyle or judging others, you have a serious problem. When that faith is a conclusion reached by someone other than yourself, it is a serious problem. If faith has a higher value to you than logic and reason, this is also a problem. If at any point in your life you are able to apply this universal tool of understanding to a problem and you replace it with blind faith, you are behaving irrationally, and to the extent you embrace that faith you could be compromising yourself and others.

It's alwys bothered me that in most countries in the west simply having faith - any kind of faith- is held as better than none and anyone who lacks this is considered defective, degenerate, or an outsider. Perhaps that's why I don't clap my hands and go "good for you" when people talk about how their faith sustains them. For I usually see faith unjustly used as a tool of prejudice, not happiness and social well being.

Lord Lucien
It's from Christopher Hitchens. He said it at the end of an episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit. I hear people express the concept of 'faith' so often that it's become one of my favorite quotes. I keep it at the top of my profile for quick reference.

Without descending in to pedantry, I've never like faith. I'm all for hope and belief, but resorting to a mentality that by definition exists utterly outside observation and empiricism is, as he said, "the sinister thing me."

Kostabot
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's from Christopher Hitchens. He said it at the end of an episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit. I hear people express the concept of 'faith' so often that it's become one of my favorite quotes. I keep it at the top of my profile for quick reference.

Without descending in to pedantry, I've never like faith. I'm all for hope and belief, but resorting to a mentality that by definition exists utterly outside observation and empiricism is, as he said, "the sinister thing me."

I get what you're saying, but once again I've never thought of faith as something that cant be practiced without abandonment of reasoning. My faith hasn't yet led me down a path where my reasoning caused me to doubt it. In fact I think having a good sense of reasoning is essential to develop if you are to practice faith in the way I believe it should be practiced.

Also, I don't really see myself as fitting the preconceived stereotype of a person of faith. I don't substitute my reasoning for it, I try to develop a good sense of both, and use them when I intuitively feel they are appropriate. I don't think Faith alone will get me anywhere. It may meet me half way, but I have to prove I'm willing to work for it, and that means using my logic and reasoning to achieve that goal.

You can have faith, but still be a logical, reasonable person who analyzes things instead of blindly accepting them as part of a bigger picture that you just have to believe is for the greater good. Some of the most brilliant minds were men of faith, or identified as spiritual people, and acknowledged that some things are, and may always be outside of the scope typical scientific and empirical observation.

Adopting a rigid and strictly scientific/logical mind set is in my opinion is as narrow sighted as strictly binding your beliefs to religious dogma.

I simply go by my own experiences. I'm not arguing your point, i have to add, just explaining as best as I can how my mind works, and why I believe that's the best way for me.

I hope that post made some sense. I had next to no sleep last night, and that took me ages to write. stick out tongue

atv2
Ok so He created the world a couple of thousand years ago.
That took 7 days from what I've been told.
He sent His Son down...we know how that ended.
The Bible mentions some smiting, plagues & floods here & there...

So yeah...what exactly has He been doing with His time ever since???

There's no further proof, transcripts or appearances.

Has The Plan already been implemented????

The creation of Earth goes back further than that. It's more like 100S of Thousands to millions of years prior. The authority of Earth After Jesus came back from death and ascended to heaven, the authority of Earth was put back into Man's hand and he gave us the responsibility to carry out the gospel.

Supra
What Does God do? God is God that is who God is, he Is God he can do whatever he wants...He is God

If he wants to create..he creates
If he wants to kill his son to save us..he kills him
If he wants to destroy he destroys..

He is God

Lord Lucien
You can have faith, but still be a logical, reasonable person who analyzes things instead of blindly accepting them as part of a bigger picture that you just have to believe is for the greater good. So then what, specifically, do you have faith in?

Supra
blind faith is blind faith its the hope and faith of something greater then this shit we call a world..I died and been to heaven and saw God.I know he is real. I know no longer only have to believe..I know

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Supra
blind faith is blind faith its the hope and faith of something greater then this shit we call a world..I died and been to heaven and saw God.I know he is real. I know no longer only have to believe..I know Lol.

Stealth Moose
blind faith is blind faith its the hope and faith of something greater then this shit we call a world..I died and been to heaven and saw God.I know he is real. I know no longer only have to believe..I know

It's probably better to focus on what good we can do here, rather than hope that there's some place better and we get a free pass if we just believe.

Food for thought.

Shakyamunison
It's probably better to focus on what good we can do here, rather than hope that there's some place better and we get a free pass if we just believe.

Food for thought.

What if "WE" was God? Then, God will love us only when we love ourselves.

Stealth Moose
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs346.snc4/41589_2247940794_7356960_n.jpg

Contemplate away.

dadudemon

That's pretty cool, actually.

Stealth Moose
I'm not convinced until it's recorded on Youtube, sorry.

Lord Lucien
I'm not convinced until it's recorded on Youtube, sorry. It already was. It's the plot of Gangnam Style.

Supra

Food for thought.

Our Years are numbered on this earth however your years are not in heaven in the realm eternal with God

God is un definable and as complex as God but as simple as Love.

Stealth Moose
Our Years are numbered on this earth however your years are not in heaven in the realm eternal with God

God is un definable and as complex as God but as simple as Love.

How can you prove to me that heaven exists and time is eternal there?

Shakyamunison

There is a place without time, in a way. It is before the big bang, if you believe in such a thing. However, there would be no time for any heaven.

Heaven is a state of mind.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
There is a place without time, in a way. It is before the big bang, if you believe in such a thing. However, there would be no time for any heaven.

Heaven is a state of mind. http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/352-whoa.jpg

Kostabot
So then what, specifically, do you have faith in?

In the fact that am part of the collective consciousness that is the universe (or god if u want to call it that).

Kostabot
What if "WE" was God? Then, God will love us only when we love ourselves.

And in order to love ourselves we have to discover our true and intended purpose. To love, create, and experience. smile

Kostabot
Everyone should read Conversations with God

I cant. Can you prove the opposite?

Stealth Moose
Everyone should read Conversations with God

I cant. Can you prove the opposite?

Why shift the burden of proof?

Supra

I dont have to prove anything to you I do not know you

Lord Lucien
I dont have to prove anything to you I do not know you Your statement about "numbered years", "eternal heaven with God" and that grammatical mess about a complex, simplistic God/love was phrased in a way that suggested you were stating them as fact. Were you stating them as fact? If you were then that means you know something. But until you back up this knowledge of yours, these claims about God and "eternal time" in heaven, then there is no reason for anyone to believe what you say, much less consider your words on the topic valuable. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Make claims-expect people to expect proof of them. Simple as that. If it's just a matter of reorganizing your thoughts and words in to something more coherent and legible, then that's another matter entirely.

And in order to love ourselves we have to discover our true and intended purpose. To love, create, and experience. smile That both A.) implies there even is an intention bestowed from without, and B.) flat out states that love of the self and others is impossible without said intention, and thus without said bestower. How have come to such an unfounded, baseless conclusion? Either way, it's self-defeating: your sentence fragment at the end seems to be the description of the very "intended purpose" that you mentioned, is it not? But if part of our purpose is to love, and we can only love if we find purpose... see the problem in that circular logic?

Supra
Your statement about "numbered years", "eternal heaven with God" and that grammatical mess about a complex, simplistic God/love was phrased in a way that suggested you were stating them as fact. Were you stating them as fact? If you were then that means you know something. But until you back up this knowledge of yours, these claims about God and "eternal time" in heaven, then there is no reason for anyone to believe what you say, much less consider your words on the topic valuable. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

Make claims-expect people to expect proof of them. Simple as that. If it's just a matter of reorganizing your thoughts and words in to something more coherent and legible, then that's another matter entirely.

That both A.) implies there even is an intention bestowed from without, and B.) flat out states that love of the self and others is impossible without said intention, and thus without said bestower. How have come to such an unfounded, baseless conclusion? Either way, it's self-defeating: your sentence fragment at the end seems to be the description of the very "intended purpose" that you mentioned, is it not? But if part of our purpose is to love, and we can only love if we find purpose... see the problem in that circular logic?

Nothing is a fact other then My God Lives I dont have to explain God to you, God is God. He as as complex is God and as simple as Love.

My proof is I have died twice on this earth and been to heaven and to hell and returned to tell the world about what I saw

Kostabot
Why shift the burden of proof?

To demonstrate that you have no more "proof" in favor of your opinion than I do in mine.

Kostabot
That both A.) implies there even is an intention bestowed from without, and B.) flat out states that love of the self and others is impossible without said intention, and thus without said bestower. How have come to such an unfounded, baseless conclusion? Either way, it's self-defeating: your sentence fragment at the end seems to be the description of the very "intended purpose" that you mentioned, is it not? But if part of our purpose is to love, and we can only love if we find purpose... see the problem in that circular logic?

A) Yes. There is. The intention is to discover that we are one with God. How many lifetimes that takes is another question. Yes, I do believe that journey takes many lifetimes.

B) I see no problem in it. My purpose is to discover love in its purest form. One that exists outside tue ego love. I didnt say one couldnt feel love without realising ones purpose. One can only do "good" ro their best understanding what "good" is. One can only love, to the best that they know how to. As long as you are doing those things, yoi are on the tight path.

Everyone in this thread is on yhe right path. Everyone on earth, is on the right path. The path, however, is countless lifetimes long.

In the words of Bill Hicks " we are all one concuousnes experiencing its self sunlbjectively"... you are me, and I am you... different lifetimes being lived at the samw time, by the same sol (God) through the eyes of different vessels (people, animals etc). All this is complex beyond words? But as simple as love its self.

How do I know this? Because I do. How can I prove it? It's not my job to prove anything to anyone, they have to discover it for them selves. As I said, if this inetersts you beyond just trying to find holes in my logic, then read conversations with god. It wont take long, but it will help you understand my perspective (even if you still don't accept it after doing so).

Supra
Man cannot explain God, God is God, he explains us.

Shakyamunison
Ya, once I fell on my back and passed out. When I came to, everyone was talking very strangely. Every sense then, I have realized that people really talk strangely, even though they don't sound that way now.

Supra
Yet you never been out of your back yard, I have seen war in Iraq in Afghanistan beyond your comprehension and I have seen worlds beyond this world you have never seen..

Get off the computer and go live in the real world and meet the real God

Shakyamunison
Yet you never been out of your back yard, I have seen war in Iraq in Afghanistan beyond your comprehension and I have seen worlds beyond this world you have never seen..

Get off the computer and go live in the real world and meet the real God

I spent 7 years in the army, and left as an E5. That was back is 1982. Although I never saw war time.

The coolest thing I have ever done was stand on top of a Mayan temple and looked out over the jungle.

Dode, I'm 53 years old.

Stealth Moose
I dont have to prove anything to you I do not know you

Knowing me is irrelevant. As Lucien pointed out, you made a claim, and as someone other than yourself I requested proof or confirmation of this claim. It's a really simple concept.

Here's an easier to digest example:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p75/temporaryplaceholder/1247337627721.png

To demonstrate that you have no more "proof" in favor of your opinion than I do in mine.

Except my stance isn't absolute in anything, nor have I made any express assertions. In fact, I don't hold god's absence as a given either. Let's explore why by covering the available options:

A: God absolutely exists, because I believe/the Bible/random "miracle"/how do you explain Justin Bieber?

B: God absolutely does not exist, because there's no evidence/I have all-knowledge by virtue of my subjective human viewpoint/I made a logical argument which confuses a null result with absolute evidence of absence.

C: Absolute evidence exists for neither side. However, there's not enough evidence to assume that God, if he/she/it/sie etc. exists, they would be Judeo-Christian/Islamic/Hindu/Shinto/Pastafarian style deities but perhaps something else entirely since up until this point they have remained unintelligible and undetectable.

(Hint: It's C. The other two make wild absolute claims that cannot be proven.)

--

Regarding the burden of proof again, I have simply illustrated that your stance lacks any evidence whatsoever and therefore has no reason to be believed by anyone, even though it assumes an absolute and immutable truth. It's a very very simple concept, and it baffles me that it should ever be in dispute.

Here:

http://www.atheistmemebase.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/078-Religious-Logic-Proof-of-existence.jpg

You might need better than this and "I believe, therefore it is true" arguments. Attempting to wedge me in as an atheist and then pull semantics is dodging the argument at hand. I challenge you to answer this to the best of your ability.

Esau Cairn
Man cannot explain God, God is God, he explains us.

"Man cannot explain God" & yet God demands us mere mortals to give him blind faith?

Are we humans that gullible or is God too pretentious & too sensitive needing us to believe in him?

Face it, there is nothing in your or my life-time that gives credit or evidence that God exists.
Too much faith is placed in a book that was written how many thousands of years ago?

Lord Lucien
A) Yes. There is. How do you know? Stop and keep reading before you jump to your answer. Don't just say you "know because you know". That's an empty statement. If you want to edit your statements concerning God/love/heaven etc. to "I believe", then go right ahead, I'll argue you no further. I'm a Weak Atheist--I do not believe there's a God or gods, but I will most certainly, absolutely, never say that I know that there is no God or gods. I'm agnostic for my lack of knowledge, and atheist for my lack of belief. Do you see the difference? A committed Christian can be equally agnostic. In fact (actual fact), when concerning the issue of gods, everyone is agnostic (no knowledge), regardless of the intensity of their faith (their beliefs).

So before you reiterate your supposed possession of unexplainable "knowledge", reconsider what it is that you know, and what it is that you believe. I can respect your belief, but anyone claiming to know something then refuse to prove its existence, or dodge their burden of proof altogether is not worthy of respect, consideration, or time.

How do I know this? Because I do. How can I prove it? It's not my job to prove anything to anyone, they have to discover it for them selves. As I said, if this inetersts you beyond just trying to find holes in my logic, then read conversations with god. It wont take long, but it will help you understand my perspective (even if you still don't accept it after doing so). See above. Make a claim to knowledge, then it is incontrovertibly your job to prove it. If there are holes in your logic, then it's your duty to fill them after we address them. If you refuse to fill them, acknowledge their existence, or dismiss their importance, then no one of a skeptical mind, myself included, has reason to listen your words or heed your suggestions. If you want us to understand your perspective, then learn to appreciate the criteria which we abide by.

Stealth Moose
I love it when you make coherent points, Lucien. It's like I'm not alone in using the Dixie cup of truth against the volcano of ignorance int he world.

#nohomo
#totallylegit
#prettysureitslegalincanadaanyway

Lord Lucien
As a maple-blooded Canadian, I could never in good conscience let my Yankee brethren traverse the frigid waters of unTruth and Fallacy alone.

#sailon
#dontknockittilyoutryit
#encouragedactually

Supra
"Man cannot explain God" & yet God demands us mere mortals to give him blind faith?

Are we humans that gullible or is God too pretentious & too sensitive needing us to believe in him?

Face it, there is nothing in your or my life-time that gives credit or evidence that God exists.
Too much faith is placed in a book that was written how many thousands of years ago?

In your life time no In mine..yes

I have died and been to heaven and seen God and the angels and I have been to hell and come back alive to tell the world one thing..
chose heaven...

God is God whether you believe in him or not..But he yearns for your love..He yearns it..There is a difference

https://www.google.com/search?q=yearning+for+your+love&oq=yearn&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.2989j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=91&espv=210&q=yearning

Lord Lucien
I have died and been to heaven and seen God and the angels and I have been to hell and come back alive to tell the world one thing..
chose heaven... Are you, at all open to the prospect that whatever it is you experienced has its basis in the science and empiricism of the mortal world, and was not in fact a divine moment?

Supra
I spent 7 years in the army, and left as an E5. That was back is 1982. Although I never saw war time.

The coolest thing I have ever done was stand on top of a Mayan temple and looked out over the jungle.

Dode, I'm 53 years old.

If you have never been in hell and seen death then how do you speak as if you have?

If you have never died from battle and been to heaven as a few of my friends and I have..how can you speak of a world you have never seen?

Im 31 Marine Infantry 01-07
3/3 3rd Marines Weapons Co
Kaneohe Bay

Afghanistan 2004-2005
Iraq 2006-2007

Sergeant
United States Marine Corps
(Retired-From my wounds)

Stealth Moose
In your life time no In mine..yes

chose heaven...

God is God whether you believe in him or not..But he yearns for your love..He yearns it..There is a difference

https://www.google.com/search?q=yearning+for+your+love&oq=yearn&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.2989j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=91&espv=210&q=yearning

So are you going to reply to me or ignore me?

As a maple-blooded Canadian, I could never in good conscience let my Yankee brethren traverse the frigid waters of unTruth and Fallacy alone.

#sailon
#dontknockittilyoutryit
#encouragedactually

#brofist
#mustbethelabatts
#hashtagremindmeofdialinglongdistanceinthe90s

Esau Cairn

So you're comparing "Him" to Tinkerbell now.

Clap if you believe in Him....

Lord Lucien
An omnipotent entity that still requires the emotional discharge of infinitesimally small cell-sacks.

What a diva.

If you have never died from battle and been to heaven as a few of my friends and I have..how can you speak of a world you have never seen?
Ohhhh. This is starting to make more sense now.

Esau Cairn
An omnipotent entity that still requires the emotional discharge of infinitesimally small cell-sacks.

What a diva.

Yes, this is the basis of my doubt. My never-ending questioning.

If I sent a private message to a Christian claiming to be a Nigerian prince needing access to your personal bank account in exchange for millions of dollars...would you extend me the same blind faith you do in God?

Supra

What a diva.

Kaneohe Bay

Afghanistan 2004-2005
Iraq 2006-2007

Sergeant
(Retired-From my wounds)

If I died and some of my friends died and we all had a similar but different experience at the same time..I saw God, some flew like angels some saw a white light..and we came back to tell this story

This is our story..We are warriors for this country and for our Living God

God Lives

Supra
Yes, this is the basis of my doubt. My never-ending questioning.

If I sent a private message to a Christian claiming to be a Nigerian prince needing access to your personal bank account in exchange for millions of dollars...would you extend me the same blind faith you do in God?

God will never ask you for money
He will never ask you for anything
He is God..

Stealth Moose

Kaneohe Bay

Afghanistan 2004-2005
Iraq 2006-2007

Sergeant
(Retired-From my wounds)

If I died and some of my friends died and we all had a similar but different experience at the same time..I saw God, some flew like angels some saw a white light..and we came back to tell this story

God Lives

http://blogs.r.ftdata.co.uk/beyond-brics/files/2012/09/goalposts.jpg

Glad to know anyone who doesn't meet your strict criteria is excluded.

Lord Lucien

Kaneohe Bay

Afghanistan 2004-2005
Iraq 2006-2007

Sergeant
(Retired-From my wounds)

God Lives I have a feeling you were raised amongst Christianity, weren't you? The icons, symbols, characters, themes, visualizations... have all been apart of your conscious and popular mental imagery for a long time. Paired with your already existent faith, the sudden trauma that a NDE forces on to the brain and its host mind is likely to ignite every feeling and sight of nostalgia and familiarity that will bring you the most comfort and reassurance.

Sadly for your proselytizing, and most wonderfully for those of us enamored by the beauty of reality, everything you saw and felt and heard was just the right amount of firing of just the right neurons and synapses in your head. It's not your hum-drum God, or a tranquilizing paradise that you experienced, it was the unimaginable awesomeness of the human brain.

Esau Cairn
God will never ask you for money
He will never ask you for anything
He is God..

You're missing the point.

I was talking about blind faith & gullibility.

Esau Cairn

Kaneohe Bay

Afghanistan 2004-2005
Iraq 2006-2007

Sergeant
(Retired-From my wounds)

God Lives

So you killed people...strangers.... because your fellow men ordered you to.
And you think God's ok with that?
You might've seen God but you're going to hell, killer.

Stealth Moose

Haven't you read the Bible? God advocates killing a lot.

Deuteronomy 17:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 Anyone who shows contempt for the judge or for the priest who stands ministering there to the Lord your God is to be put to death. You must purge the evil from Israel.

There's far more where that came from.

Esau Cairn

There's far more where that came from.

Once again from a book written how many thousands of years ago?

Shakyamunison
Once again from a book written how many thousands of years ago? Are you saying books written today are better then books written in the past?

Stealth Moose
Once again from a book written how many thousands of years ago?

I'm not saying that you're in the wrong direction here; I'm simply making sure you're aware that the premiere sourcebook for Christians has all sorts of sanctioned violence. So your argument won't hold any water with Supra, if he is indeed aware of the book's words beyond what his weekly holyman chooses to lecture about.

wilco

I went to a Catholic boarding school (marist brothers) and they caned me alot laughing No sh*t. Strapping also...wants the old saying "spoil the child" something like that!

I do prefer the new testament, rather than the old testament.

Stealth Moose
"Spare the rod, spoil the child".

Also, a lot of people prefer the NT, because it is largely more forgiving and tolerant. But not entirely so. Most liberal Christians are taught a cherry-picked version of it, and are hard-pressed to deal with more obscure passages.

Then there's the fact that the NT is pretty much drawn from perhaps a dozen or more gospels that were narrowed down to appeal to the priest class at the time. They don't handle apocrypha or critical analysis well.

Esau Cairn
I've told this story before but I had an aunt who died of cancer.
All her life she was a devout Christian...went to church every Sunday, prayed thanks before every meal & prayed with her daughter before bed every night. Always the first to give a helping hand, always saw the good in everyone.

On her death bed, her husband, father to their 12 yr old daughter, came forward & said to her a) He had a gambling problem & had lost all their savings & b) He could not look after their daughter & would be leaving.

My aunt died in pain & sadness & a 12 yr old child lost both her parents that day.

This is why I'm angry.
Is this the way God treats his followers?
How much more blind faith did she need to show?
Why bring a child into this world only to have her face sadness & loneliness growing up?
Why the grief, the hardship, the suffering?

Don't you dare tell me it's all part of a master plan that I cannot begin to fathom.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by wilco
I went to a Catholic boarding school (marist brothers) and they caned me alot laughing No sh*t. Strapping also...wants the old saying "spoil the child" something like that!

I do prefer the new testament, rather than the old testament.

Marist Brothers?
Yeah I went to a Christian Brothers school myself.
Got six straps of the cane for looking at my shoes during assembly.

Now if no one's ever be caned, then imagine being a 13 yr old child & have a full grown adult, with all his might & anger swing a 2inch thick rubber strap across your palms, six times.
Years later, the head master & 4 Christian Brothers would be arrested for systematic child sexual abuse.

Supra

Don't for once second think Im not a stone cold killer. I will kill again if I have to..

Look at your name and profile pic and country location..that says everything about who you are..look at mine. I am with God..you are not.

I am a killer and a warrior of God and I will kill more in his name just as Jacob, King David and Samson in the name of Justice. David and Samson Killed Tens of Thousands in Gods name. We have done the same.

You cannot judge me I am Justice Itself.

kY1xbpnn4Gw

Lord Lucien
No, you're just deranged.

Esau Cairn

Look at your name and profile pic and country location..that says everything about who you are..look at mine. I am with God..you are not.

And in "my country", Supra is the name of a clothing franchise...for women. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supra
No, you're just deranged.

As a killer of evil is a killer is

And in "my country", Supra is the name of a clothing franchise...for women. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Toyota Supra? The sickest car ever built?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Supra

Supra Kicks the Baddest shoes on the planet
http://www.suprafootwear.com/

I picked the right car, I picked the right safe and I picked the right footwear

Lord Lucien
As a killer of evil is a killer is... possibly also evil.

Toyota Supra? The sickest car ever built? Yeah. Super badass:

http://www.collectorcarads.com/Picture8/DSC_0704.jpg

Supra
trolling again you are being reported

Lord Lucien
Once more: good luck.

Are you unable to handle someone running counter to your paradigm?

Supra
Do you get off trolling the internet at night hampering a reasonable discussion which i seek to have?

Lord Lucien
I don't see your reasonable discussion in this thread. I see you boasting about your killer instinct, your proselytizing, and your choice of footwear. In fact, I see conversation on the last two pages from everyone but you.

Supra
I don't see your reasonable discussion in this thread. I see you boasting about your killer instinct, your proselytizing, and your choice of footwear. In fact, I see conversation on the last two pages from everyone but you.

Does an ant have a quarrel with a boot Lucien?

Lord Lucien
I don't know, go ask a boot.

Supra
I don't know, go ask a boot.

Im the boot brah, I'm not scared of ants..there is hierarchy in this word for a reason the strong rule the weak.

Lord Lucien
Whatever you say, "bray".

Supra
I've won..thank you

Kostabot
How do you know? Stop and keep reading before you jump to your answer. Don't just say you "know because you know". That's an empty statement. If you want to edit your statements concerning God/love/heaven etc. to "I believe", then go right ahead, I'll argue you no further. I'm a Weak Atheist--I do not believe there's a God or gods, but I will most certainly, absolutely, never say that I know that there is no God or gods. I'm agnostic for my lack of knowledge, and atheist for my lack of belief. Do you see the difference? A committed Christian can be equally agnostic. In fact (actual fact), when concerning the issue of gods, everyone is agnostic (no knowledge), regardless of the intensity of their faith (their beliefs).

So before you reiterate your supposed possession of unexplainable "knowledge", reconsider what it is that you know, and what it is that you believe. I can respect your belief, but anyone claiming to know something then refuse to prove its existence, or dodge their burden of proof altogether is not worthy of respect, consideration, or time.

See above. Make a claim to knowledge, then it is incontrovertibly your job to prove it. If there are holes in your logic, then it's your duty to fill them after we address them. If you refuse to fill them, acknowledge their existence, or dismiss their importance, then no one of a skeptical mind, myself included, has reason to listen your words or heed your suggestions. If you want us to understand your perspective, then learn to appreciate the criteria which we abide by.

Im not asking for respect, consideration, or validation. My beliefs and the things that I know apply to me, perhaps to me only. I have made that point in my previous posts (that may have been in the NanoTech theag in the GDF though) It makes no difference to me if you accept them, or completely dismiss them because you dont like my wording. I dont feel burdened with the duty to prove anything I claim to know or believe. Im simply sharing my thoughts. What you do with them is none of my business. What you think of me is also none of my business. I respect what you know and/or believe, and I don't ask you to quantify or qualify any of it for me, whether it is parallel to my beliefs or not. Criteria? Im not in class. Im having a casual concerstaion about personal experience.

Supra
Im not asking for respect, consideration, or validation. My beliefs and the things that I know apply to me, perhaps to me only. I have made that point in my previous posts (that may have been in the NanoTech theag in the GDF though) It makes no difference to me if you accept them, or completely dismiss them because you dont like my wording. I dont feel burdened with the duty to prove anything I claim to know or believe. Im simply sharing my thoughts. What you do with them is none of my business. What you think of me is also none of my business. I respect what you know and/or believe, and I don't ask you to quantify or qualify any of it for me, whether it is parallel to my beliefs or not. Criteria? Im not in class. Im having a casual concerstaion about personal experience.

Flawless..with class..
Now run along Lord L of lies you have lost all credibility here

Badabing
This thread has been reported twice. Two other threads have also been reported from this forum. It seems the same people are involved in all the reports. I suggest that everybody stop trolling and spamming. Thank you.

Shakyamunison
If you have never been in hell and seen death then how do you speak as if you have?

Heaven and hell are not places you go when you die. Heaven and hell are states of mind.

...and I would be careful about posting personal information on the internet.

Lord Lucien
I dont feel burdened with the duty to prove anything I claim to know Everything else was fine, but this stands out. I hope you don't apply this mentality to all walks of life.

wilco
Marist Brothers?
Yeah I went to a Christian Brothers school myself.
Got six straps of the cane for looking at my shoes during assembly.

Now if no one's ever be caned, then imagine being a 13 yr old child & have a full grown adult, with all his might & anger swing a 2inch thick rubber strap across your palms, six times.
Years later, the head master & 4 Christian Brothers would be arrested for systematic child sexual abuse.

The day kids couldn't get caned and strapped because it just came in, the state performance rules. But, not the boarding kids like myself. If we spoke to another boarder (a mate) I go the cane, him too. At 9pm it was nights out and you never spoke to anyway .....or otherwise, you got a caning. I got caned probably - 16 times .....6 or 12 depends on the brother (priest)

Supra
Heaven and hell are not places you go when you die. Heaven and hell are states of mind.

...and I would be careful about posting personal information on the internet.

cause so many people here scare me..you want my address?

Shakyamunison
cause so many people here scare me..you want my address?

Sure, and your social security number. I need a new credit card account.

Supra
Sure, and your social security number. I need a new credit card account.

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Don't be surprised when good things happen to you today.

Supra
They have already started but I think my Gf is mad at me lol

Shakyamunison
They have already started but I think my Gf is mad at me lol

There is no power in the universe that can quayle the wrath of a woman.

Oneness
There is no power in the universe that can quayle the wrath of a woman. Except for the power to make a wrathful woman show her o face during intercourse.

BTW "quayle" isn't even a word.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Oneness
BTW "quayle" isn't even a word. Tell that to the VP.

Shakyamunison
Tell that to the VP.

Damn spellchecker. embarrasment

Deja~vu
What does actually do? Hmm, sit around watching and having a few drinks, tell jokes and point.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Deja~vu
What does actually do? Hmm, sit around watching and having a few drinks, tell jokes and point.

We are talking about God, not you. stick out tongue Good to see you again.

Deja~vu
Well god does that with me all the time. eek!

Shakyamunison
Well god does that with me all the time. eek!

I wonder if that is how Marry got pregnant?

Deja~vu
rumor had it she was drunk. blink

Shakyamunison
rumor had it she was drunk. blink

Well that is the only way to a virgin birth. cool

Stealth Moose
Jesus is the illegitimate son of Dionysus. Makes sense.

Shakyamunison
Jesus is the illegitimate son of Dionysus. Makes sense.

I have a lot of friends that are that way. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.