Blade vs Black Knight (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Odds are most people don't know who the Black Knight from Marvel is, but it's an interesting topic to me.

Who takes this and why?

StiltmanFTW
Big advantage to Blade unless it's a pure sword fight.

JakeTheBank
If Dane connects with his sword, Blade's not gonna like what happens.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If Dane connects with his sword, Blade's not gonna like what happens.

Does the Ebony Blade have some extra effect on vampires or do you just mean it's going to do considerable damage?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Does the Ebony Blade have some extra effect on vampires or do you just mean it's going to do considerable damage?

Considerable damage.

StiltmanFTW
Ah, ok.

BK would hate it too if Blade landed a blow with that adamantium odachi stick out tongue

juggernaut74
If Dane connects with his sword, Blade's not gonna like what happens. What happens if Blade connects with his?

zopzop
Seriously?

That things CUT TIME, destroyed a skyfather level being more or less on the level of Odin, cut a mechano-Trex that was giving Mjolnir fits, this sword held to Zeus' throat calmed him down real fast, etc.. I believe it also has a soul stealing ability.

It's ridiculously powerful.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by juggernaut74
What happens if Blade connects with his?

Horrific injury to be sure, but Dane is a human anyway, so it's to be expected. Black Knight is definitely packing the superior weaponry, though.

StiltmanFTW
In this scenario? No, he's not. There's a starting distance and it's Blade who carries ranged weapons.

Adamantium and EB clashed before, neither was able to damage the other.

YFZ 350
I suspect this fight will go like the Dane/Drac fight.

leonidas
yeah, and blade has the speed advantage as well. the ebony blade wouldn't be a ohk imo, not unless it was a true killing blow. blade could do more damage with a lesser hit. i like bk, and he's tough as nails, but i think blade simply overpowers him (strength and speed) in this match for a solid majority.

pym-ftw
Blade over powers him.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by YFZ 350
I suspect this fight will go like the Dane/Drac fight. I'm thinking so.

deathslash
Originally posted by YFZ 350
I suspect this fight will go like the Dane/Drac fight. Dane and Drac fought? when, how did it go for Dane and do you have scans?

beatboks
In this scenario? No, he's not. There's a starting distance and it's Blade who carries ranged weapons.

Adamantium and EB clashed before, neither was able to damage the other.
The ebony blade isn't admantium. It was forged from the starstone and cooled in the pool of blood ( the only thing that could cool anything forged from starstone). It literally cuts through anything including admantium. The only thing that the ebony blade can't cut is something also forged from the starstone. It can absorb, deflect or disrupt any energy field or beam. It's immune to magic and grants the user immunity from death. It also allows the wielder to transport himself across time and space with ritual ( the ritual takes long enough that blade would close the distance but then again Dane could have gone back in time and been behind Blade before he started). Also as mentioned it traps the souls of those killed by it. Doesn't he also still carry a photonics sword, the sword of light and the shield of night as well.

Add to that brilliant physicist and pretty adept in magic.
I wouldn't rule Dane out to damn quickly, that's for sure.

StiltmanFTW
It failed to cut through adamantium smile

tkitna
Blade beats the lamest superhero ever written. I hate the Black Knight.

YFZ 350
Originally posted by deathslash
Dane and Drac fought? when, how did it go for Dane and do you have scans? Not sure what issue but Drac kicked his @ss.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by tkitna
Blade beats the lamest superhero ever written.

Aquaman isn't in this thread, no?

Branlor Swift

Adamantium and EB clashed before, neither was able to damage the other. Doesn't the EB fire off blasts?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop
destroyed a skyfather level being more or less on the level of Odin Are you talking about when Dane became a giant dildo Ebony Blade and was hurled at Seth?

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Are you talking about when Dane became a giant dildo Ebony Blade and was hurled at Seth?
Yup. The Blood Curse made it so he became an extension of the Blade.

Competent users of the Blade can accomplish ridiculous sh|t with it. See Blood Wraith for an example.

Branlor Swift
Yup. The Blood Curse made it so he became an extension of the Blade.

Competent users of the Blade can accomplish ridiculous sh|t with it. See Blood Wraith for an example. Blood Wraith instantly dropped Quicksilver when he retained the sword, so I don't think Blade's speed should be an issue.

I see him destroying Blade tbh

JakeTheBank
Blood Wraith instantly dropped Quicksilver when he retained the sword, so I don't think Blade's speed should be an issue.

I see him destroying Blade tbh

That's more or less what I'm envisioning.

StiltmanFTW
Doesn't the EB fire off blasts?

Never seen that.

maxivitopowe
Has blade everdrunk blood?

Trackz
Blood Wraith instantly dropped Quicksilver when he retained the sword, so I don't think Blade's speed should be an issue.

I see him destroying Blade tbh Except this isn't BloodWraith and Dane is wary of letting the Ebony Blade take control of him.

The Sorrow
That sword has done some crazy sh!t as has been said, iirc it was able harm classic Juggernaut aswell. Going to be a tall order for Blade to overcome what is a borderline plot device weapon.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by The Sorrow
iirc it was able harm classic Juggernaut aswell.

When?

You're probably thinking of Shatterstar (he wasn't wielding EB). It happened in the same story in which Feral managed to cut Cain's arm btw, so it qualifies as PIS.

The Sorrow
When?

You're probably thinking of Shatterstar (he wasn't wielding EB). It happened in the same story in which Feral managed to cut Cain's arm btw, so it qualifies as PIS.
No i'm thinking of the time mind controlled Merged Hulk and Juggy fought the Avengers under the orders of Red Skull. I think it was Incredible Hulk #403-404.

beatboks
Doesn't the EB fire off blasts?

It does absorb energy and blast it , but Dane in Character doesn't use it very often. he tends to use his power lance, or the sword of light to do that more often(god knows why they're a LOT less powerful, I suspect he fears what killing by the energy of the ebony blade would mean for the curse the blade carries). The power lance also fires a smoker screen at least it did when Dane debuted as Black Knight in Avenger V1 #48.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers048-Page21.jpg.html

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers048-Page22.jpg.html

It's blasts were so powerful they brought down the cornice of a building

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers048-Page26.jpg.html

His next appearance in the Avengers he easily blasted a hole through the supervillain's (Masters of Evil)aircraft.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers055-Page24.jpg.html

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers055-Page20.jpg.html

If anyone has a "ranged" weapons advantage i'd say his power lance is more powerful and lasers can go a LOT further than bullets.

Even without having the EB on him he was able to use his connection to it to travel to the 40th Century where it was with Kang et all in Avengers 71

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers071-Page12.jpg.html

I that same issue the EB easily deflected laser /blaster fire back at it's user
http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/Black%20Knight/Avengers071-Page13.jpg.html
The sword of Light fires whatever energy is absorbed by the Shield of night.

It did harm Juggernaught once but that wasn't by cutting him. It was by the fact that the sword negates magic and Jugg's power source is magic. When the sword was near him Jug's lost his force field that stops motion/momentum. I don't see that particular aspect of the sword assisting here.

abhilegend
Yep, here it is.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAvengers62.jpg

Funny thing is, it didn't cause Hulk any harm.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Fights%20A-E/HulkvsAvengers60.jpg

zopzop
@abhi
That's not the Ebony Blade, it's a substitute sword he used.

beatboks
That looks like the sword of light or his photon sword. He has carried both of them while also carrying the EB just so he has a sword he doesn't have to focus on only using the flat of the blade. Like I said ordinarily the field around Juggs would mean it wouldn't even strike him which was likely circumvented by the still sheathed EB ( unless it was from the time Valkyrie had the EB before returning it to him, can't recall tbh, but that just wouldn't make any sense at all)

It's also not so strange that the effect would be different on hulk he ain't magical

abhilegend
@abhi
That's not the Ebony Blade, it's a substitute sword he used.
Then its even more hilarious. Juggy is such a failure.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by abhilegend
Then its even more hilarious. Juggy is such a failure. laughing out loud

Wonder Man
Black Knight was said to be even more powerful than Captain Britton who is 90 tons and inv. as well.
Against Juggernaught that might not be enough.
The magic shield of the Juggernaut is going to take a beating though.
B.K. for the win.
horse

ShadowFyre
Never read Black Knight but looking at these posts about the Ebony Blade. How the hell does Blade win?

zopzop
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Never read Black Knight but looking at these posts about the Ebony Blade. How the hell does Blade win?
Dude I was actually gonna make a respect thread..................for the Ebony Blade (not the Black Knight who is a failure with that awesome sword), but I gots no time.

Wonder Man
Blade might find a ritual actually that can help him avoid the eb.
Maybe if he finds an ancestor of Black Knights he can control the outcome of the fight.
artist

zopzop
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Blade might find a ritual actually that can help him avoid the eb.
Maybe if he finds an ancestor of Black Knights he can control the outcome of the fight.
artist
The EB can absorb souls (see the Blood Wraith example).

abhilegend
laughing out loud
Yeah, getting harmed by a sword merged hulk no sold? GTFO son with your total invulnerability shit.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, getting harmed by a sword merged hulk no sold? GTFO son with your total invulnerability shit.
thumb up One of the great myths about Juggernaut.

All you need to do is have a quick read through his appearances (shouldn't take long there aren't that many) to know that him being depicted as totally invulnerable sans forcefield is definitely the exception to the rule and not the norm.

abhilegend
thumb up One of the great myths about Juggernaut.

All you need to do is have a quick read through his appearances (shouldn't take long there aren't that many) to know that him being depicted as totally invulnerable sans forcefield is definitely the exception to the rule and not the norm.

Yeah, its a myth that refuses to die. And giving Juggy wins over top tiers when he has never beaten a single top tier in his nearly sixty year long history. Seriously how much can a character suck with that level of power?

StiltmanFTW
No i'm thinking of the time mind controlled Merged Hulk and Juggy fought the Avengers under the orders of Red Skull. I think it was Incredible Hulk #403-404.

Ah.

Like others said, it's not EB. Sword of Light or whatever it's called, lightsaber ripoff.

It damaged Cain's helmet only - everybody and their mother can do that.

The Sorrow
Ah.

Like others said, it's not EB. Sword of Light or whatever it's called, lightsaber ripoff.

It damaged Cain's helmet only - everybody and their mother can do that.
Ok did he receive the blade after this? That's even worse then, it clearly did more than just damage his helmet and actually hurt him enough to point he cried out in pain.

Digi
BK rolls this fight. I have legitimately considered drafting BK in a high herald tournament solely to gain access to the EB.

StiltmanFTW
Ok did he receive the blade after this? That's even worse then, it clearly did more than just damage his helmet and actually hurt him enough to point he cried out in pain.

It was a temporary replacement for EB... much like Cap's energy shield, I believe.

Comic characters scream like that all the time regardless if the injury is made or not, but the general rule about Juggernaut (or at least what's being said on the boards) is that he's capable of registering the pain, even though he's not receiving actual damage.

juggernaut74
The EB can absorb souls (see the Blood Wraith example). How would that help against a foe who has no soul?

JakeTheBank
Blade doesn't have a soul?

zopzop
I reported him for racism!

JakeTheBank
thumb up

StiltmanFTW

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/Doggydogg/media/Blade/Bladenosoul.jpg.html

juggernaut74
Never saw that. I was thinking of this.(from respect thread)

http://s31.photobucket.com/user/Doggydogg/media/Blade/Bladeresist.jpg.html

StiltmanFTW
I took it from snoop's respect thread, too.

maxivitopowe
and no one has made a joke about Blade having his own EB

Trackz
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Never read Black Knight but looking at these posts about the Ebony Blade. How the hell does Blade win? because black knight currently doesn't use any of his ranged weapons and refuses to use the ebony blade to its full potential because he's afraid it'll take over him. pete wisdom had to take the sword from him in order to use some of it's more useful functions (slicing through realities). When Dane has it, it's essentially a really good sword.

Jmanghan
bump

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Jmanghan
bump

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2621526659/image_400x400.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.