Metatron – the lesser YHVH

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
Metetron is know as the lesser Yahweh.. A being of unimaginable power of the highest angelic order and capable of writing names in the book of life..

http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronyhwh.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metatron
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/m/metatron.html

"Sitting next to God, Enoch was instructed in wisdom, and using his skills as a scribe, prepared three hundred and sixty-six books. When he learned everything, a most significant thing happened. God revealed to him great secrets -- some of which are even kept secret from the angels! These included the secrets of Creation, the duration of time the world will survive, and what will happen after its demise. At the end of these discussions, Enoch returned to earth for a limited time, to instruct everyone, including his sons, in all he learned. After thirty days, the angels returned him to Heaven.

And then the divine transformation took place. Additional wisdom and spiritual qualities caused Enoch's height and breadth to become equal to the height and breadth of the earth. God attached thirty-six wings to his body, and gave him three hundred and sixty-five eyes, each as bright as the sun. His body turned into celestial fire -- flesh, veins, bones, hair, all metamorphosed to glorious flame. Sparks emanated from him, and storms, whirlwind, and thunder encircled his form. The angels dressed him in magnificent garments, including a crown, and arranged his throne. A heavenly herald proclaimed that from then on his name would no longer be Enoch, but Metatron, and that all angels must obey him, as second only to God."

The last part gets me "but Metatron, and that all angels must obey him, as second only to God."

Lord Lucien
He's also as anatomically correct as a Ken doll.

Supra
Reported as a troll

Lord Lucien
Good luck.

Supra
You still cant stick to the OP?

Lord Lucien
What am I to stick to? You asked no questions, put forth no queries, pondered no ponderances. All you did was make a two-paragraph statement about the Metatron and I responded, appropriately enough, with a statement of my own. Is that not what you wanted in this thread? Statements about the Metatron?

Supra
read the last sentence, why he is second to God?

Lord Lucien
There's no question mark at the end, it's merely a statement that endcaps a bunch of other statements. Be clearer next time.

You're Christian, no? Metatron isn't from Christianity, he's solely from Jewish texts.

Supra
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
There's no question mark at the end, it's merely a statement that endcaps a bunch of other statements. Be clearer next time.

You're Christian, no? Metatron isn't from Christianity, he's solely from Jewish texts.

Im from israel i do not identify myself as a jew as my own dumb ass people killed my Savior Jesus.

I am am Israelite from the line of Jesus and David and Jesus is my Rock and my Savior.

I am not bound to the torah or the koran or the bible. God know no bounds and he expects me to live as he does. Limitless and free as we are all born free and made in the image of God.
My very name mesa "one who is like God"

That is who I am

Lord Lucien
So... do you understand the whole "Metatron not being a Christian concern" then?

Supra
So... do you understand the whole "Metatron not being a Christian concern" then?

The word Christ did not exist before Christ walked the earth 2000 years ago..

Enoch lived as prophet before Christ and God took him as it says and transformed him into Metaron as the scripture states..

My thoughts are is he a part of God now and considered really only second to God the Father?

Lord Lucien
And who considers him second? God, or men?

Supra
Answering a question with a question never works well

Mindship
My favorite Kabbalah story is when Rabbi Akiva (regarded in some texts as at least as "enlightened" as Moses) had a vision and saw not one Divine power (God), but two (also Metatron) who were both seated. This caused Akiva to momentarily question the absoluteness of the One God, which is utter blasphemy in the Jewish faith.

Supra
Originally posted by Mindship
My favorite Kabbalah story is when Rabbi Akiva (regarded in some texts as at least as "enlightened" as Moses) had a vision and saw not one Divine power (God), but two (also Metatron) who were both seated. This caused Akiva to momentarily question the absoluteness of the One God, which is utter blasphemy in the Jewish faith.

Yea well imo the jew are all going to hell unless they repent fro killing there own Savior Jesus and accept him as there Lord and Savior as I did..

Can you tell me more about this story, I am a seeker of knowledge and truth

This goes along with the texts i read

"The angels dressed him in magnificent garments, including a crown, and arranged his throne. A heavenly herald proclaimed that from then on his name would no longer be Enoch, but Metatron, and that all angels must obey him, as second only to God."

Mindship
Originally posted by Supra
Yea well imo the jew are all going to hell unless they repent fro killing there own Savior Jesus and accept him as there Lord and Savior as I did. I trust you are joking, otherwise you just contradicted your whole outlook. Even the church doesn't believe that nonsense anymore (read Vatican II).

And btw, the person responsible for Jesus' death was Jesus himself. That's why it is said he sacrificed himself. If he was put to death by others, against his will, then it wouldn't be a sacrifice, and Christianity would be founded on a sham.

That's why I believe you must be joking. If not ... *sigh*

Supra
bro im joking chill out SS!! is there no humor left in the forum and its all haters now!???!?!?!

Mindship
bro im joking chill out SS!! is there no humor left in the forum and its all haters now!???!?!?! Then I apologize. I just couldn't believe people would still think like that. Sorry.

Supra
man dude this forum has gone to shit hole..and im not saying your are that person..im saying the mindset of people and haters why we hate on each other?? why?? over God? is that what God wants is for us to Hate each other?

God is Love

Mindship
He's also KMC, screwin' around with us. wink

Shakyamunison
bro im joking chill out SS!! is there no humor left in the forum and its all haters now!???!?!?!

So, if you were in a theater and yelled FIRE, would "I was just joking" be a good defense?

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, if you were in a theater and yelled FIRE, would "I was just joking" be a good defense?

Absolutely.

I'm still not sure how to take Supra seriously when the following occurs:

1. He ignores my coherent points entirely though he replies to others.

2. He is a USMC Israeli Christian guy with a beautiful girl and a big huge bodacious body who lives for Christ while posting on KMC, lifting weights, fighting evil as an evil-killer killer thing, and lives somewhere in Oceania.

At this point, I half expect him to tell us he fought a shark yesterday.

Mindship
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
He is a USMC Israeli Christian guy with a beautiful girl and a big huge bodacious body who lives for Christ while posting on KMC, lifting weights, fighting evil as an evil-killer killer thing, and lives somewhere in Oceania.

At this point, I half expect him to tell us he fought a shark yesterday. Good thing I apologized.

Stealth Moose
http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/243/868/243868129_295.jpg

You too are rightly scared.

Slightly on topic, isn't Metatron the demon in the Silent Hill mythos?

Shakyamunison
Absolutely.

2. He is a USMC Israeli Christian guy with a beautiful girl and a big huge bodacious body who lives for Christ while posting on KMC, lifting weights, fighting evil as an evil-killer killer thing, and lives somewhere in Oceania.

You have coherent points? eek! You have been keeping them from me! mad

Don't take Supra seriously. big grin

Stealth Moose
From the SH Wiki:

Metatron, also spelled Metraton or Mattatron (in Hebrew: מטטרו&#1503wink, is an angel (of the seraphim order) of importance in Jewish and Christian mythology, where he is often attributed as the messenger of God. In Jewish lore, he is the "Heavenly scribe", and is considered as second to none, save but to God Himself. Thus far, his only role in the Silent Hill games has been through the occasional appearances of a seal bearing his name. It is assumed that somehow Metatron is an antagonist of the cult's God.

In Christian belief, it was thought that God's voice was too powerful for any mortal to hear, so he conveyed his message to Adam and Eve through Metatron, who is only an angel and as such had no affects on Adam and Eve. Metatron was also tasked with banishing both Adam and Eve from the sacred Garden of Eden because they ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge.

Also, all my points are coherent, except when they're not. And Supra is either simply having a good time at our expense, or he really is living an unexamined life. I'm not sure which is worse.

Supra
Absolutely.

I am all of 2.

But where are you coherent points in this thread I see no questions raised by you in the topic of Op.

Stealth Moose
The OP doesn't really provoke much discussion. Metatron exists primarily in Jewish and Christian mythology and in Silent Hill. He's never really compared to Yahweh in an equal context, but merely as his mouthpiece. This doesn't imply necessarily dominance over all angels (which is why Michael for example gets to do his own justice around the house) any more than the Mouth of Sauron is Sauron's 2IC.

Supra
The OP doesn't really provoke much discussion. Metatron exists primarily in Jewish and Christian mythology and in Silent Hill. He's never really compared to Yahweh in an equal context, but merely as his mouthpiece. This doesn't imply necessarily dominance over all angels (which is why Michael for example gets to do his own justice around the house) any more than the Mouth of Sauron is Sauron's 2IC.

Ok but if the book of Enoch is quoted in the actual bible in Hebrews and Jude, actual quotes coming out of the Books of Enoch..How is the scriptures he not wrote factual to anyone else but primarily jewish faith?

Shakyamunison
Ok but if the book of Enoch is quoted in the actual bible in Hebrews and Jude, actual quotes coming out of the Books of Enoch..How is the scriptures he not wrote factual to anyone else but primarily jewish faith?
..but in episode 13 of Superman...

overlold
So, if you were in a theater and yelled FIRE, would "I was just joking" be a good defense? would you rather shoot them then?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by overlold
would you rather shoot them then?

What are you talking about?
Supra made a racial comment and then tried to excuse it as a joke. I then pointed out that calling a racial slur as a joke isn't an excuse. So, what does that have to do with shooting someone?

Supra
What are you talking about?
Supra made a racial comment and then tried to excuse it as a joke. I then pointed out that calling a racial slur as a joke isn't an excuse. So, what does that have to do with shooting someone?

I am from Isreal I can call my people bad if they are bad..You cannot do the same. Sorry

Shakyamunison
I am from Isreal I can call my people bad if they are bad..You cannot do the same. Sorry

Bullsh*t, and I don't believe you in the first place.

Was I talking to your sock?

Supra
Bullsh*t, and I don't believe you in the first place.

Was I talking to your sock?

i love your anger, i grow more powerfull with your hate

Shakyamunison
i love your anger, i grow more powerfull with your hate

Hate? What are you talking about? confused

Lord Lucien
Have we come to the conclusion yet that Supra is mentally challenged?

Supra

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by overlold
would you rather shoot them then?

http://reinventlibrary.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/obvious-troll-is-obvious.jpg

This doesn't even make sense. What are you saying here?

What if I was of Jewish heritage too and was offended by your blunt trauma style jokes? Do you still have the right to slander an entire people out of hand because you think you are better somehow?

Some of the neurons are not firing, for sure.

Astner
Actually, according to the third book of Enoch he's beneath a host of other angels, among them the princes of Merkabah, which all have the tetragrammaton at the end of their names.

The most powerful angels would be Sofriel Memith and Sofriel Mehayye.

In fact, Anaphiel was the one who punished Metatron with sixty lashes of fire.

Supra
Originally posted by Astner
Actually, according to the third book of Enoch he's beneath a host of other angels, among them the princes of Merkabah, which all have the tetragrammaton at the end of their names.

The most powerful angels would be Sofriel Memith and Sofriel Mehayye.

In fact, Anaphiel was the one who punished Metatron with sixty lashes of fire.

How could the lesser YHVH, hey one only second to God be punished?

Astner
How could the lesser YHVH, hey one only second to God be punished?
Metatron isn't second only to God, he kneels to the princes of Merkabah too.

Supra
Merkabah, Ezekiel's vision of the chariot Merkabah?

Astner
Here's the excerpt from the third book of Enoch.

http://i.imgur.com/vYpk3Dn.jpg

I highlighted the wrong phrase, but (5) says:

"And the four great princes, when they see Tag'as, the prince great and honored with song (and) praise, at the head of all the children of heaven, they remove the crown of glory from their head and fall on their faces."

There you have it, Metatron bows face-to-the-ground to Tag'as, who's #5 on the list. Anaphiel is #15 and Sopheriel Memith and Mehayye are #24.

Supra
Ok well now I'm lost bro.. Teach/Tell me why did the angels worship each other are they not to worship Yahweh only? When the angels of the Lord came to visit the Gods chosen people they wanted to worship them or build them alters, they refused and said to not worship them.

Why are humans not supposed to worship angels but angels are supposed to bow down to other angels..

That proves my point on against my discussion with my family because they think we are less then the angels..

This proves them wrong then because if angels have to worship other angels yet humans are told by angels of The Lord not to worship them.

Then we are above the angels directly and they follow Gods orders to protect humans and his chosen at all cost..

We are above angels bro..
How does it feel???

Also, God is Power and we are his people and if you chose t o follow him he sends his angels to take charge over you and protect you from all harm.

I been in some bad situations man and it could only be this reason for which I am still alive

I am protected..

On a related not I call on the Power of Metatron and Michael the arch angel for power and I am sustained from all harm, so even I recognize the power of Angels if I consider myself above them however I call on there power thus humbling myself to recognize that I may be above them in Gods eyes..they are above me in my eyes...

I have felt Metetrons Power before upon praying and calling out his name in prayer recognizing that he exists in my world..unexplained power i felt..if you get my drift..

Astner
Ok well now I'm lost bro.. Teach/Tell me why did the angels worship each other are they not to worship Yahweh only? When the angels of the Lord came to visit the Gods chosen people they wanted to worship them or build them alters, they refused and said to not worship them.

Why are humans not supposed to worship angels but angels are supposed to bow down to other angels..
In the book of Enoch the higher angels bring God's word to the lesser angels, just like lesser angels bring God's word to man. So they're not worshiping the angels per se, but rather recognizing their relation to God.

Supra
I know most angels cannot even look at YHVH but I know one of them that can is metatron. Its interesting to know that most of the heavenly hosts have not even seen the face go YHVH.

Does not the word of YHVH flow through the angels an minister to them through another connection rather then having to be told by others?

Shakyamunison
Mythology is fascinating.

Astner
Seraphim and upwards can look at God.

Does not the word of YHVH flow through the angels an minister to them through another connection rather then having to be told by others?
Not in the book of Enoch.

Supra
Seraphim and upwards can look at God.

Not in the book of Enoch.

is Meta in any of the books of Enoch?

Astner
is Meta in any of the books of Enoch?
Yes. He bows down to Tag'as and was punished by Anaphiel with sixty whips of fire for sitting on God's throne as I told you.

Supra
How did Meta write a book about himself and have it be written on earth on the scrolls?

Shakyamunison
How did Meta write a book about himself and have it be written on earth on the scrolls?

Could it be because humans made it all up and wrote it on scrolls because that is all they had?

Astner
He didn't. According to the Books of Enoch, Metatron was Enoch's guide in heaven. Enoch then wrote his doctrine based on his supposed experiences.

Supra
"Sitting next to God, Enoch was instructed in wisdom, and using his skills as a scribe, prepared three hundred and sixty-six books. When he learned everything, a most significant thing happened. God revealed to him great secrets -- some of which are even kept secret from the angels! These included the secrets of Creation, the duration of time the world will survive, and what will happen after its demise. At the end of these discussions, Enoch returned to earth for a limited time, to instruct everyone, including his sons, in all he learned. After thirty days, the angels returned him to Heaven.
And then the divine transformation took place. Additional wisdom and spiritual qualities caused Enoch's height and breadth to become equal to the height and breadth of the earth. God attached thirty-six wings to his body, and gave him three hundred and sixty-five eyes, each as bright as the sun. His body turned into celestial fire -- flesh, veins, bones, hair, all metamorphosed to glorious flame. Sparks emanated from him, and storms, whirlwind, and thunder encircled his form. The angels dressed him in magnificent garments, including a crown, and arranged his throne. A heavenly herald proclaimed that from then on his name would no longer be Enoch, but Metatron, and that all angels must obey him, as second only to God."

source..same asa OP

Astner
There's no reference to any doctrines in that article.

dadudemon
Mythology is fascinating.

Man, I agree. This shit is amazing.

Even if it is true/false, it is still pretty dang elaborate and awesome.

Supra
There's no reference to any doctrines in that article.

So people just post this shit and call it true?

Welcome to the internet Supra...

Lord Lucien
And you're the one who posted the link.

Supra
And you're the one who posted the link.

Oh look the troll is back, you came of your warning and ready to go on another bout with me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Epicurus
Answering a question with a question never works well
Unless, the first question was never a question to begin with...

Epicurus
Im from israel i do not identify myself as a jew as my own dumb ass people killed my Savior Jesus.

I am am Israelite from the line of Jesus and David and Jesus is my Rock and my Savior.

I am not bound to the torah or the koran or the bible. God know no bounds and he expects me to live as he does. Limitless and free as we are all born free and made in the image of God.
My very name mesa "one who is like God"

That is who I am
laughing out loud

Bardock42
Metetron is know as the lesser Yahweh.. A being of unimaginable power of the highest angelic order and capable of writing names in the book of life..

http://www.marquette.edu/maqom/metatronyhwh.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metatron

The last part gets me "but Metatron, and that all angels must obey him, as second only to God."

The description of Enoch's transformation into Metatron reminds me of the transformation of the narrator in "I have no mouth, and I must scream", however that had a decidedly different tone towards said transformation.

Supra
Originally posted by Epicurus
laughing out loud

im glad to have awakened the godkiller and you have gone back through my posts to troll me..keep it up cause its gonna do you a real solid on the forum..

Epicurus
im glad to have awakened the godkiller and you have gone back through my posts to troll me..keep it up cause its gonna do you a real solid on the forum..
Your inability to comprehend basic forum rules, general ignorance on how to even formulate a query or start a thread is far more baffling than the inept narcissism on display by your belief that I had to "go through" your posts to "troll you".

Supra
Your inability to comprehend basic forum rules, general ignorance on how to even formulate a query or start a thread is far more baffling than the inept narcissism on display by your belief that I had to "go through" your posts to "troll you".

Look at your posts against me vs my posts against you
I love you bro, hows your day

Epicurus
Look at your posts against me vs my posts against you
I do and the quality of mine outshine yours by and far.

Supra
I do and the quality of mine outshine yours by and far.

Show this quality i need to see it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.