Mephisto/Zeus vs In-Betweener

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Branlor Swift
Yo

There's two places these dooderz fight:

Mephisto's realm
And an inhabited city on the third planet from Sol.

No BFR

Doodz?

zopzop
How does IB not win? Even separated his individual halves are wrecking havoc on reality.

EDIT -
And what an odd team up.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

http://therapup.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Not even as a joke

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
http://therapup.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Not even as a joke
thumb up

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by zopzop
How does IB not win? Even separated his individual halves are wrecking havoc on reality.

EDIT -
And what an odd team up. Two Skyfather level characters. Seemed like a good idea so I made the thread.

Well, I'd rather that than another Odin/Thanos/Superman/Thor thread.

Also for the purposes of this thread, Mephisto and Zeus are all pals and palling out before hand.

zopzop
Two Skyfather level characters. Seemed like a good idea so I made the thread.
This all depends on how you look at the IB.

The pro IB side : He ordered Death around. He was slowly getting the better of Galactus in their fight during that arc. He's an abstract and they are, in general, above Skyfather level beings.

The anti IB side : Galactus was hungry. The Death incident was full of PIS, how can he order around a being MORE powerful than his creators? He's been owned by Strange once and would have lost a second time had the LT not intervened. Strange never owned Mephisto.

For sure.

Hmm, then why can't they pull a "Strange" and invoke Order and Chaos to beat the IB? Strange could have beaten the IB a second time using this trick but the LT blocked him.

Phuck it. I say Team can do it via invoking his masters like Strange did.

Branlor Swift

This all depends on how you look at the IB.

The pro IB side : He ordered Death around. He was slowly getting the better of Galactus in their fight during that arc. He's an abstract and they are, in general, above Skyfather level beings.

The anti IB side : Galactus was hungry. The Death incident was full of PIS, how can he order around a being MORE powerful than his creators? He's been owned by Strange once and would have lost a second time had the LT not intervened. Strange never owned Mephisto.

For sure.

Hmm, then why can't they pull a "Strange" and invoke Order and Chaos to beat the IB? Strange could have beaten the IB a second time using this trick but the LT blocked him.

Phuck it. I say Team can do it via invoking his masters like Strange did. Chaos and Order only did that because they were pissed off at In-Betweener at the time.

For the purposes of this thread, and general forum rules, they can't summon Abstract level characters to do their battle for them. Otherwise we have Galactus beating up people who fight Surfer on this forum. And neither character have like anything to do with Order and Chaos.

No Zopapotamus, they gotta do this with their grit and determination

Epicurus
Team wins both rounds.

zopzop
Chaos and Order only did that because they were pissed off at In-Betweener at the time.
Wait, they were angry with him BOTH times he and Strange threw down?

It's a legit tactic though.

Failing that, what if they split him into his component selves? I mean didn't the Zodiac Key accomplish this? As powerful as that artifact is, I'd place Zeus or Mephisto comfortably above it.

I'm trying to come up with ways that's possible. Because if it comes down to it just being 2 Skyfather level characters vs an Abstract, I'd err on the side of the abstract.

Sundipped
^
Zop I think that was a tactic strictly dependent upon Strange being a SS. Chaos and Order only backed his mystical power with their full might. Beforehand IB said he was "apart from such things" in reference to Strange's power and was warping reality on a scale too fast for Strange to even comprehend while toying with him.

IIRC IB one shot Strange after he was distracted by Rom the Spaceknight in that incident with LT. Contrary to what you said above, IB has never had any problems with Strange.

IB wins. It took the power of 2 abstracts amping mystical energy to subdue him.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
^
Zop I think that was a tactic strictly dependent upon Strange being a SS. Chaos and Order only backed his mystical power with their full might. Beforehand IB said he was "apart from such things" in reference to Strange's power and was warping reality on a scale too fast for Strange to even comprehend while toying with him.

IIRC IB one shot Strange after he was distracted by Rom the Spaceknight in that incident with LT. Contrary to what you said above, IB has never had any problems with Strange.

IB wins. It took the power of 2 abstracts amping mystical energy to subdue him.

I'm trying to come up with ways that's possible. Because if it comes down to it just being 2 Skyfather level characters vs an Abstract, I'd err on the side of the abstract.
wink

operator616

He's been owned by Strange once and would have lost a second time had the LT not intervened. Strange never owned Mephisto.

He did, better yet in Dr Strange v3 #8 he was owning Mephisto and Satannish at the same time when he was merging them together. Though that was on earth.
And your logic here isn't good at all, imo. To use 1 example based on your own logic, Adam Warlock was shown to be dwarfed by the Inbetweener when he first encountered him, while Warlock himself actually beat Mephisto in his own realm once. So Inbetweener > Warlock > Mephisto in his own realm?
As for Zeus, surely you don't think Inbetweener isn't above a random spear? because that's all it took to actually hurt Zeus (and he didn't even heal afterwards).

Apart from the thread starter not allowing it, that would be because that was a rare case allowed only due to plot reasons. If you read the recent Longshot saves the Marvel Universe #2, you'll notice that Strange does actually reference this fight with the Inbetweener, and says that he only won because he "cheated" and more importantly: it won't work again:

http://i.imgur.com/2MQLvcj.jpg?1

Also in that same Story-line of Avengers v3 (the Zodiac key) which you referenced, it revealed to us that Inbetweener actually created an entire dimension, 13th dimension. That's definitely a feat to consider.

Anyway, Inbetweener wins, imo. Both scenarios.

janus77
IB wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by operator616
He did, better yet in Dr Strange v3 #8 he was owning Mephisto and Satannish at the same time when he was merging them together. Though that was on earth.
Horrible example, that only worked because Satannish and Mephisto were originally part of the same Primal Evil. That trick wouldn't work against them individually (as shown when Strange and Mephista were getting their asses handed to them by Satannish until Mephisto showed up).

The Order/Chaos trick worked once and would have worked again had the LT not forbidden it from working.

Warlock used the Soul Gem to humiliate Mephisto. How did the IB/Warlock fight go down?

So random spear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnir strike? Makes sense. NOT.

But it did work, he was split into his component selves. This trick was done in a What If too by Korvac, I realize it's non canon but the idea has been around.

Mephisto or Zeus >>>>>>>>>>>>Zodiac Key.

h1a8
Yo

Mephisto's realm
And an inhabited city on the third planet from Sol.

No BFR

Doodz?

I'm thinking either spite stomps IB.
What are IB feats?

operator616

Horrible example, that only worked because Satannish and Mephisto were originally part of the same Primal Evil. That trick wouldn't work against them individually (as shown when Strange and Mephista were getting their asses handed to them by Satannish until Mephisto showed up).

The Order/Chaos trick worked once and would have worked again had the LT not forbidden it from working.

Warlock used the Soul Gem to humiliate Mephisto. How did the IB/Warlock fight go down?

So random spear >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mjolnir strike? Makes sense. NOT.

But it did work, he was split into his component selves. This trick was done in a What If too by Korvac, I realize it's non canon but the idea has been around.

Mephisto or Zeus >>>>>>>>>>>>Zodiac Key.

Yeah, stipulations were involved, the exact same thing applies to your Strange/Inbetweener example, no? i don't understand your logic here. Strange was owning Mephisto and Satannish because of a stipulation, otherwise he was the one who's getting owned, but you do realize that in in their 2nd encounter, Strange without invoking Chaos/Order got owned himself by the inbetweener, correct? So my example is just as horrible as yours, apparently.
Also, that was more than once.

As was mentioned recently, that trick won't work anyway, i provided a scan to prove it.

I realize that, and the reason brought it up was because Warlock did the exact same thing to the inbetweener, he used the soul gem and it literally did nothing, this happened in Warlock v1 #11:

http://i.imgur.com/9oZIwZW.jpg

Not to mention that Warlock/Mephisto (in his own domain) wasn't a brief fight either, so.....

You mentioned inbetweener's supposedly "low showings" (which it isn't) i did the same.

Yeah it did work, so? it was a plot device basically, because it's explained in issue 59 that this key unlocks the balance between order and chaos:

http://i.imgur.com/mrNJ2vq.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/qHsS7Ea.jpg?1

Don't see how it's a low showing tbh.

I realize what you said, i was just commenting on my opinion the last part.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.