Supergod Hercules vs Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
This is the Celestial host that came to Asgard

Who wins

zopzop
The Celestials are a joke now.

SG Hercules stomps them.

Insane Titan
This is the Celestials that came to Asgard , read the OP

RockofAges
In an attempt to make certain characters (such as Reed Richards) more awe inspiring, writers have resorted to annoying tactics that have reduced the standing of the Celestials. I, however, remember them in their full glory, and know what they are capable of.

A single celestial stomps so hard the fight is over before it even begins.

Colossus-Big C
SG Hercules Was Multiversal

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
The Celestials are a joke now. Eh? confused

The Celestials have been depicted more powerfully in the last few years then they ever have before.

Colossus-Big C
Lmao

zopzop
Originally posted by Galan007
Eh? confused

The Celestials have been depicted more powerfully in the last few years then they ever have before.
Being one shotted by an Asgardian axe says otherwise. And they killed dozens (maybe hundreds) of Celestials with that very same weapon.

You think that axe would do anything vs Galactus? No right?

Galan007
Being one shotted by an Asgardian axe says otherwise. And they killed dozens (maybe hundreds) of Celestials with that very same weapon.

You think that axe would do anything vs Galactus? No right? I honestly don't know anything about this axe, tbh. The last Celestial feat I recall was one of them creating the multiverse. If they've been downplayed since then, my bad. thumb up

zopzop
I honestly don't know anything about this axe, tbh. The last Celestial feat I recall was one of them creating the multiverse. If they've been downplayed since then, my bad. thumb up
You probably do, you just chose to block it out of your mind cause of the absolute bullsh|t coming out of Marvel these days.

It's that Jamberjorn or whatever that the Apocalypse twins are using to kill Celestials. Kang put Thor on to it and then the twins got their hands on it and used it to butcher a crapload of Celestials.

Galan007
Lol, I really haven't seen this. You got the scans or an issue# handy?

zopzop
Lol, I really haven't seen this. You got the scans or an issue# handy?
Uncanny Avengers 7 is where the stupid begins.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Jarnbjorn

Galan007
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m485wpVHsD1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
You probably do, you just chose to block it out of your mind cause of the absolute bullsh|t coming out of Marvel these days.

It's that Jamberjorn or whatever that the Apocalypse twins are using to kill Celestials. Kang put Thor on to it and then the twins got their hands on it and used it to butcher a crapload of Celestials.

That's not Celestials being jobbed, that's Asgard getting the respect it deserves.

Thor should enchant a sword that can one shot Galactus and other Cosmic Entities.

carver9
Not a low showing. That axe was designed to take out Celestials. That's like me bringing up Drax taking out Thanos as a low showing.

kgkg
lol

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's not Celestials being jobbed, that's Asgard getting the respect it deserves.

Thor should enchant a sword that can one shot Galactus and other Cosmic Entities.

thumb up

Galan007
Anyone have scans of this thing, for pete's sake?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm too lazy. sad

Read Uncanny Avengers #6 and #7.

Galan007
I'm too lazy.

leonidas
sounds too dumb.

dial J for Josh

Zop wait a minute. Are you talking about young thors axe jarnborn who was tricked into giving the axe and amp which he thought was solely to be used to pierce the armor of apocalypse? I read that, but I never got to the part where they used that axe to slaughter the celestials.... If this is true then that is pretty dumb and that axe will indeed be hax.

zopzop
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Zop wait a minute. Are you talking about young thors axe jarnborn who was tricked into giving the axe and amp which he thought was solely to be used to pierce the armor of apocalypse? I read that, but I never got to the part where they used that axe to slaughter the celestials.... If this is true then that is pretty dumb and that axe will indeed be hax.
It's all right there :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_Avengers_Vol_1_7
To add insult to injury that was the Axe young Thor was wielding because he hadn't yet proved himself to wield Mjolnir!

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL. Stupid Marvel.

carver9
Why do you do that Zop?

-K-M-

Uncanny Avengers #6 - Origins of the Axe Amp
1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/UncannyAvengers006-010.jpg
2. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/UncannyAvengers006-020.jpg

Uncanny Avengers #7 - Celestial Death
1. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/UncannyAvengers007-003.jpg
2. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/UncannyAvengers007-004.jpg
3. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/UncannyAvengers007-005.jpg
4. http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c133/A_Flight3/UncannyAvengers007-007.jpg

h1a8
It's all right there :
http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_Avengers_Vol_1_7
To add insult to injury that was the Axe young Thor was wielding because he hadn't yet proved himself to wield Mjolnir!

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL. Stupid Marvel.

Yup it's pretty dumb. Especially considering Odin >>>>>>>> Thor and Odin with Destroyer powered by all of Asgard with the Odin Sword (should be more powerful than that axe anyway) couldn't do anything to the Celestials.

Also it's dumb because Celestials can reform, grow back parts, be stabbed by Odin swords like nothing happened.

abhilegend
Its just too dumb. If Asgard had an axe which could oneshot celestials, why didn't they use it when fourth host came and resorted to Destroyer armor? Its just lazy writing from Remender.

Epicurus

You think that axe would do anything vs Galactus? No right?
It's weakness exploitation, brolio. Galactus ain't a Celestial, why would it affect him?

This reminds me of the time when you oafishly proclaimed that Zeus was stronger than the 3rd Host simply because they all used their combined might to lift a mountain, while Zeus did so on his lonesome.

Epicurus
-3x_8npqC3I
Mind you, Jarnbjorn has been continuously referred to as a universal weapon throughout the series. Also, for some strange reason Odin was against the idea of the enchantment used for creating it to be used in the first place. Remender also made a reference to the skyfather/Celestial pact in an earlier issue, so he's aware of the Council of Godheads' first meeting with the space gods, or at least has basic wiki/handbook-level knowledge of it.

It's no more retarded than Reed's universal entropy guns, and zopzop being zopzop will downplay the sh1t out of it in this thread and then defend this showing in another thread just like he did the entropy gun incident.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Epicurus
-3x_8npqC3I
Mind you, Jarnbjorn has been continuously referred to as a universal weapon throughout the series. Also, for some strange reason Odin was against the idea of the enchantment used for creating it to be used in the first place. Remender also made a reference to the skyfather/Celestial pact in an earlier issue, so he's aware of the Council of Godheads' first meeting with the space gods, or at least has basic wiki/handbook-level knowledge of it.

It's no more retarded than Reed's universal entropy guns, and zopzop being zopzop will downplay the sh1t out of it in this thread and then defend this showing in another thread just like he did the entropy gun incident.

thumb up

Asgard's historically had broken/haxxed weapons and artifacts. Why this is so outrageous for some to believe is beyond me. Not to mention Odin was against waging war against the Celestials for as long as he could and was very much against the axe being used in the first place.

If Reed Richards can have a gun capable of killing Celestials, I don't see why it's unreasonable for Asgard - arguably the most powerful pantheon in Marvel, or at least the one most respected - having a weapon of that power, too.

NemeBro
Richards having a Celestial killing gun is also stupid.

JakeTheBank
Honestly, when you're either a prep god type character with plot device level intelligence or have access to high level plot device level magic/enchantments, stuff like killing Celestials doesn't sound all that crazy anymore.

asdf83
Reed's guns are also retarded.

Plot level device intelligence in itself is just ridiculous even by comic books standards. Deus ex machina in its laziest form.

basilisk
Writers like Remender are just ruining the Celestials these days. Marvel just can't do that stuff properly anymore. They turn characters into garbage just to make some forgettable new character look good. It's lazy writing.

Classic Celestials should win though.

zopzop
Originally posted by Epicurus
It's weakness exploitation, brolio. Galactus ain't a Celestial, why would it affect him?

This reminds me of the time when you oafishly proclaimed that Zeus was stronger than the 3rd Host simply because they all used their combined might to lift a mountain, while Zeus did so on his lonesome.
Oafish my @$$. The Celestials have been destroyed by Marvel writers.

A non-skyfather being with that axe killed a Celestial (and it was implied by the writer that they killed at least a few DOZEN, for their seeds).

abhilegend
Not to mention Godkiller armor killing them by trillions.

laughing out loud

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not to mention Godkiller armor killing them by trillions.

laughing out loud
I don't even mind the Godkiller Armor. As crappy as the explanation was, at least it was given (one of the first and most advanced races in the universe created it).

The phuckin' axe's enchantment is a "simple one that needs someone with the blood of Odin to cast it". You don't even need to be a skyfather, this simple spell can be cast by any blood relative of one : Baldur, Vidar, etc...

So much stupid.

-K-M-
I posted the scans and I didn't even get a thank you? I hope Santa rapes you all.

On a side note, when did Thor apparently kill Baron Mordo?

Rage.Of.Olympus
We don't know yet. Some battle in the past. Seems it didn't go to well for Baron Mordo.

Branlor Swift
On a serious note, the axe is stupid.

The previous two most powerful weapons (Destroyer and original OdinSword) can't really accomplish anything against the Celestials backed by an amped Odin, but a random enchantment we never heard of can just obliterate Celestials?
It's just bad writing tbh.

Plus, the Celestials have an immense healing factor too, and apparently this thing just supersedes that? Is it also kryptonite?

On an in canon note, it makes a little bit of sense since if Odin did this he would have had a war with the Celestials, and that would have been bad. But then again, if he would have beaten them with the Armor and Sword...

Here's one for Zop though. The axe fails to kill Apocalypse, but it kills a Celestial. And the axe gets stuck in Baron's head, yet it can pierce through Celestial armor.

zopzop
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

The previous two most powerful weapons (Destroyer and original OdinSword) can't really accomplish anything against the Celestials backed by an amped Odin, but a random enchantment we never heard of can just obliterate Celestials?

Plus, the Celestials have an immense healing factor too, and apparently this thing just supersedes that? Is it also kryptonite?

On an in canon note, it makes a little bit of sense since if Odin did this he would have had a war with the Celestials, and that would have been bad. But then again, if he would have beaten them with the Armor and Sword...

Here's one for Zop though. The axe fails to kill Apocalypse, but it kills a Celestial. And the axe gets stuck in Baron's head, yet it can pierce through Celestial armor.
I agree 100% with what you said but you're not seeing my point.

It's not the Axe, we all know comics + prep = ridiculous sh|t happening.

It's the enchantment on the Axe. As it said on panel, it's actually a "simple" enchantment, but the safeguard put into place only allows Odin or his blood relatives to use it.

Think about this. All it takes to kill a Celestial is a 'simple' enchantment. WTF Marvel.

Branlor Swift
I agree 100% with what you said but you're not seeing my point.

It's not the Axe, we all know comics + prep = ridiculous sh|t happening.

It's the enchantment on the Axe. As it said on panel, it's actually a "simple" enchantment, but the safeguard put into place only allows Odin or his blood relatives to use it.

Think about this. All it takes to kill a Celestial is a 'simple' enchantment. WTF Marvel. That's why I said it was a random enchantment.

Apparently a random simple enchantment > Amped Odin with the Destroyer Armor, and the Odin Sword

The only way it makes sense is if the Asgardians didn't actually know what the enchantment actually did, and the scope of it, and Kang due to time mucking knew the real potential. But it looks like they did.

Honestly, it's one of the laziest examples of writing in current comics especially considering how classic Thor 300 is, but it is what it is.

carver9
I thought the spell was place AFTER Thor fight against Apocalypse? Thought that was the reason Thor was able to cut through Apocalypse the second go round.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
I thought the spell was place AFTER Thor fight against Apocalypse? Thought that wad the reason Thor was able to cut through Apocalypse the second go round. After the first fight. Before the second fight.

Also, Thor tanked the axe too... I forgot about that. Next comic has it killing a Celestial

Rage.Of.Olympus
How is this any different than Thor #300? Odin and his ilk were inexplicably powered down and so much of Asgardian history and lore was retconned for no other reason then integrating Celestials into the Marvel Universe and stream lining the pantheons. Suddenly everything was in preparation for the Celestials, all previous history was ignored and Odin and his kind were born out of the consciousness of humans, Thor and Asgard were suddenly 2000 years old and all their memories were implanted as Odin created Asgardians fully grown.

People are complaining about an axe when we had that shit thrown at us in the past? GTFO.

I hope in a future issue, it's revealed that the Celestial Races was randomly, and for no apparent reason created by Buri and Odin goes around one shotting hundreds of them. Then if people ***** and moan, I'd understand.

carver9
After the first fight. Before the second fight.

Also, Thor tanked the axe too... I forgot about that. Next comic has it killing a Celestial

I wouldn't call this tanking the axe...

http://i.imgur.com/3zL5gMn.jpg

We see blood. Also, the axe was made to kill 'Celestials', so Thor withstanding it isn't that bad of a showing imo.

Branlor Swift
He got up and almost sliced Apocalypse in half right after that.

How is this any different than Thor #300? Odin and his ilk were inexplicably powered down and so much of Asgardian history and lore was retconned for no other reason then integrating Celestials into the Marvel Universe and stream lining the pantheons. Suddenly everything was in preparation for the Celestials, all previous history was ignored and Odin and his kind were born out of the consciousness of humans, Thor and Asgard were suddenly 2000 years old and all their memories were implanted as Odin created Asgardians fully grown.

People are complaining about an axe when we had that shit thrown at us in the past? GTFO.

I hope in a future issue, it's revealed that the Celestial Races was randomly, and for no apparent reason created by Buri and Odin goes around one shotting hundreds of them. Then if people ***** and moan, I'd understand. You out zopped the zop.

Congrats I guess.

zopzop

I hope in a future issue, it's revealed that the Celestial Races was randomly, and for no apparent reason created by Buri and Odin goes around one shotting hundreds of them. Then if people ***** and moan, I'd understand.
Huh? How do you explain this then?
http://s14.postimg.org/5payvnk0d/Thor_annual05_39.jpg
Thor Annual 5 (1976). Four years before Thor 300 (1980).

The Gods are tied to their human worshipers. Hell, Thor couldn't even summon a storm in Greece and was laughed at by an Athenian.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Huh? How do you explain this then?
http://s14.postimg.org/5payvnk0d/Thor_annual05_39.jpg
Thor Annual 5 (1976). Four years before Thor 300 (1980).

The Gods are tied to their human worshipers. Hell, Thor couldn't even summon a storm in Greece and was laughed at by an Athenian.

I never said there never existed a previous connections between Gods and worship but the changes were not to the extreme extent as in the issues leading up to Thor #300 which in turn led to Annual #10. Gruenwald, Englehart and Thomas wanted everything fitting into nice little pieces as if comics were handbooks no matter how much they had to change/ignore. Very annoying.

He got up and almost sliced Apocalypse in half right after that.

You out zopped the zop.

Congrats I guess.

I just find it both silly and amusing that people are complaining about the axe to the extent that they are. When the comic they're basing their opinion on did the exact same thing they dislike. Except to a much greater extent.

zopzop
There was some previous connections between Gods and worship in the past but not to the extreme extent in the issues leading up to Thor #300 which led to Annual #10.
Did you read the scan? Do you have the issue?

Thor was powerless (he had no control over the weather) in Greece.

Thor got his @$$ handed to him in Greece by some random Athenian because he had no power there since the Greeks didn't worship him or his kind.

It doesn't get any more extreme than that. The explanation given also made damn good sense.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Did you read the scan? Do you have the issue?

Thor was powerless (he had no control over the weather) in Greece.

Thor got his @$$ handed to him in Greece by some random Athenian because he had no power there since the Greeks didn't worship him or his kind.

It doesn't get any more extreme than that. The explanation given also made damn good sense.

Yes, I do.

Okay, first of all, it was implied that Odin was who prevented Thor from calling on his power=:
http://s27.postimg.org/71ei1yy3j/Thor_annual05_38.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/5nmv6nyu7/Thor_annual05_39.jpg

Second, Thor never got his ass handed to him by anyone in Greece you completely made that up. Smh. We even see him fight Hercules and he looked like at least his equal. We even see Loki using his magic to start a war between Asgard and Olympus in the throne room of Zeus himself:
http://s27.postimg.org/jriqf261r/Thor_annual05_24.jpg

zopzop
Yes, I do.

Okay, first of all, it was implied that Odin was who prevented Thor from calling on his power=:
http://s27.postimg.org/71ei1yy3j/Thor_annual05_38.jpghttp://s27.postimg.org/5nmv6nyu7/Thor_annual05_39.jpg
Where did you get that idea from? Thor was pissed because he thought Odin had taken away what he "won" in the battle with Olypmus, namely the Greeks and their homelands. Odin told him straight up it was never theirs to win and went about explaining why.

You're right, I overstated it but he was humiliated by an Athenian commoner :
http://s21.postimg.org/88brucktv/barbarian.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Where did you get that idea from? Thor was pissed because he thought Odin had taken away what he "won" in the battle with Olypmus, namely the Greeks and their homelands. Odin told him straight up it was never theirs to win and went about explaining why.

I believe Odin taking away what he won was the reason why he couldn't use any of his power in Greece. Besides, as we saw after in Thor Annual #8 and before in Thor Annual #3, Thor can use his powers in the land of the Greeks without any problem.

You're right, I overstated it but he was humiliated by an Athenian commoner :
http://s21.postimg.org/88brucktv/barbarian.jpg

Overstating? Some rude old man didn't recognize them, that's a far cry away from Thor being beat up by some power less mortal.

Epicurus

It's probably attributable to Remender's wiki/handbook-level knowledge of the characters he writes about. He clearly never read Thor#300 or any of the preceding issues(like Tom Brevoort), because the time period when we see the axe getting enchanted, is roughly around the time after Odin made his initial pact with the Celestials and before the Destroyer/Uni-Mind battle, but Thor is still unworthy of Mjolnir which is inconsistent with his depiction back in the day. Plus, I saw a couple people on cbr who were noting how the enchantment's purpose was to only "pierce" Celestial armor, but somehow it got upscaled from that to being able to outright kill Celestials. They also made a note of Remender ignoring the self-repair abilities of Celetial armor in general, along with how it failed to kill Celestial-powered Apocalypse; which led them to state that he should improve the way he describes particular scenes and plot elements in a comic. Back then, I agreed with their assessment.

I am guessing that Remender won't be bringing another Celestial directly on-panel as he did in Uncanny#7. Probably due to the fan-criticism of the way he wrote that particular scene.

Another inconsistency to highlight: Sentry is able to disorient Thor by flying him at ftl speeds, even though in the Gorr arc which was running concurrently at that time, Thor was able to easily cross lightyears within moments without any discomfort at all.

Apart from these minor detail-based inconsistencies, his work on Uncanny has been quite an enjoyable read so far.

Epicurus
Bump

guy222
Marvel stupid. Exitar FTW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.