Dr. Manhattan vs. THANOS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
PIS, CIS and BFR off.

Epicurus
Thanos wins.

janus77
Thanos launches his own Manhattan project, slicing and dicing the atoms that constitute Dr. Manhattan, for fun.

SquallX
Manhattan makes Thanos is *****.

Unless Thanos knows precisely how to hinders Manhattan's sight, he has no way of stopping Manhattan from predicting all of his moves.

Epicurus
Originally posted by SquallX

Unless Thanos knows precisely how to hinders Manhattan's sight, he has no way of stopping Manhattan from predicting all of his moves.
How exactly does Manhattan put down Thanos iyo?

Firefly218
Thanos stomps

iceman24567
Thanos easily..

Magnon
Dr. Manhattan disintegrates Thanos.

eaebiakuya
Thanos via TP.

Surfer is enough to Stomp the DR.

Stranglehold300
There really isn't that many feats for Manhattan. So I really don't know who wins.

Stranglehold300
Scratch hat Thanos wins.

Bouboumaster
Lol, Thanos murder that

tkitna
Manhatten disassembles Thanos

Bouboumaster
Thanos eats Silver Surfer Lite

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by SquallX

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/1387071754091.gif

Supra
How does he murder stomp the good Dr. if hes intangible?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Supra
How does he murder stomp the good Dr. if hes intangible? laughing

Supra
Originally posted by iceman24567
laughing

now your making me laugh stop it!!! rolling on floor laughing

Bouboumaster
How does he murder stomp the good Dr. if hes intangible?

http://pikigeek.com/files/2012/07/Fish-Wat.jpg

Supra
https://www.google.com/search?q=intangible&oq=intangeib&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.15624j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=91&ie=UTF-8

JakeTheBank
Lol. Manhattan blew up a couple of human beings and a tank. Clearly, that means he can disintegrate Thanos. no expression

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lol. Manhattan blew up a couple of human beings and a tank. Clearly, that means he can disintegrate Thanos. no expression Well he had the implied power of controlling atoms and teleporting them as well. To what degree we can only make an educated guess. At the end of the movie he claimed to be able to make life because he understands how life is made (also he knows how to reassemble himself).

Whether or not Dr. can atomize Thanos or simply teleport his head off can only be theorized. But we know that Thanos has no way to put down the Dr. because of reforming abilities and intangibility.

So this can be argued a stalemate or Dr. Manhattan wins. I believe that Dr. Manhattan can at least teleport Thanos head off. But that's just me.

JakeTheBank
So because Dr. Manhattan says he can do something, we should take his word on it? Sounds good.

Silver Surfer can do virtually everything Manhattan can and then some based on actual feats and he gets roflstomped by Thanos.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Well he had the implied power of controlling atoms and teleporting them as well. To what degree we can only make an educated guess. At the end of the movie he claimed to be able to make life because he understands how life is made (also he knows how to reassemble himself).

Whether or not Dr. can atomize Thanos or simply teleport his head off can only be theorized. But we know that Thanos has no way to put down the Dr. because of reforming abilities and intangibility.

So this can be argued a stalemate or Dr. Manhattan wins. I believe that Dr. Manhattan can at least teleport Thanos head off. But that's just me.

Post feats of Manhattan doing that to someone or something that is as durable as Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Well he had the implied power of controlling atoms and teleporting them as well. To what degree we can only make an educated guess. At the end of the movie he claimed to be able to make life because he understands how life is made (also he knows how to reassemble himself).

Surfer got feats on pannel that would shit on Manhattan, and Thanos still wooped his ass in a couple of punches.

Branlor Swift
It takes less time to report someone than it does to respond to them. Just an FYI

Decimus
Thanos

Estacado
Thanos.

DarkSaint85

Interesting viewpoint there.

Especially when contrasted with your Zeus/Gladiator stance. Where Gladiator wins because he has shown feats of speed and strength, but Zeus has not.

And yet...here, Thanos has feats, and Manhattan has hyperbole. But you argue for the Dr.

Mshinu
Prunechin beats Dr Bluedick

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dr. Manhattan turn him into salt.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Dr. Manhattan turn him into salt.

Post feats of him doing so to someone with Thanos' durabiltiy.

eaebiakuya
Dr. has TP resistence ?

SquallX
Manhattan is omnipresent.

Not only that he can see anything Thanos is about to do even before Thanos can implement them. The only reason Ozzy was able to get the drop on Doc was because Doc was being shielded. That only happen because Ozzy and Doc were good friends.

Silent Master
How is seeing the future supposed to help him beat Thanos?

Epicurus
I believe that Dr. Manhattan can at least teleport Thanos head off. But that's just me.
You also believe that galaxies are made of fluff, that the Worldbreaker Hulk is billions of times more powerful than Rune King Thor, that Gladiator is stronger than Zeus, so this is pretty much what your word amounts to. That is also you.

JayDaDon
Put Manhattan in DC or Marvel and based on feats, he'd be at best in the Herald class. Thanos uses heralds for toilet paper at this point.

SquallX
Originally posted by Silent Master
How is seeing the future supposed to help him beat Thanos?

Your kidding right?

Manhattan can see every possible time line. Meaning what ever plans Thanos can come up with, Manhattan already knows it.

If Doc wants, he could just teleport Thanos and drop him in a black hole.

Silent Master
And then Thanos comes back, BFR is only a win if the person can't get back.

Warlord
if he had feats according to his implied power he could win, but alas, Manhattan goes down. People forget that, as an Eternal, Thanos has total molecular control of his body

DarkSaint85
Manhattan knows it - doesn't mean he would actually act on it, though.

SquallX
And then Thanos comes back, BFR is only a win if the person can't get back.

You do know Thanos teleportation is done through techs right?

Manhattan can see the future, don't you think he could just destroy said tech then teleport Thanos away?

Warlord
Thanos as all eternals can teleport on his own. The process is unpleasant to them so Thanos prefers tech to do it

abhilegend
Originally posted by Warlord
Thanos as all eternals can teleport on his own. The process is unpleasant to them so Thanos prefers tech to do it
Thanos couldn't teleport away from a black hole untill a ship came nearby. At least that means his teleportation has range limit.

Warlord
I never said it was limitless... also it was never fully established. I bet it would be portrayed differently under different writters. anyway, Dr bluedick hasn't done anything more impressive than Surfer, and we all know how Thanos does against him

abhilegend
Originally posted by Warlord
I never said it was limitless... also it was never fully established. I bet it would be portrayed differently under different writters. anyway, Dr bluedick hasn't done anything more impressive than Surfer, and we all know how Thanos does against him
That was under Starlin bro. TBH, Surfer goes h2h against Thanos and that's like committing suicide for him. I'm not saying Manhattan would even win here, just throwing this out there.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thanos couldn't teleport away from a black hole untill a ship came nearby. At least that means his teleportation has range limit. Thanos teleported under his own power in to the Magus dimesion in his early appearances

One-Punch
He also teleported Champion to Surfer with an energy blast from his finger.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Thanos teleported under his own power in to the Magus dimesion in his early appearances Originally posted by One-Punch
He also teleported Champion to Surfer with an energy blast from his finger.
I know. He still couldn't get out of the black hole untill that ship came./shrug

Insane Titan
I know. He still couldn't get out of the black hole untill that ship came./shrug where did it stay he couldn't get out till then? As I only said he happened to tp on to a passing ship , the black hole completely closing on him could if kod him

h1a8
So because Dr. Manhattan says he can do something, we should take his word on it? Sounds good.

Silver Surfer can do virtually everything Manhattan can and then some based on actual feats and he gets roflstomped by Thanos.

Of course we should unless since it falls under the suspension of disbelief and it is part of the writer's intentions. There is no good reason why we shouldn't believe Dr. Manhattan. It's very plausible and goes with the story.

SS can't reform from having all his atoms dispersed. SS can't teleport objects and himself. SS doesn't use intangibility in battle unless it is out of character. Otherwise, Thanos wouldn't be able to beat him.

Your logic suggests that since Thanos can beat SS he can beat Dr.
But you are not realizing that Dr. can't be beat by physical means (he can reform, duplicate, grow, etc.). SS can be koed and kill and not be able to reform.

JakeTheBank
Of course we should unless since it falls under the suspension of disbelief and it is part of the writer's intentions. There is no good reason why we shouldn't believe Dr. Manhattan. It's very plausible and goes with the story.

SS can't reform from having all his atoms dispersed. SS can't teleport objects and himself. SS doesn't use intangibility in battle unless it is out of character. Otherwise, Thanos wouldn't be able to beat him.

Your logic suggests that since Thanos can beat SS he can beat Dr.
But you are not realizing that Dr. can't be beat by physical means (he can reform, duplicate, grow, etc.). SS can be koed and kill and not be able to reform.

So, we should totally believe everything Manhattan says about himself as the gospel because of "writer intent"? Okay. I'll apply this to all characters.

Manhattan did those things in a very "real world" environment. He has no experience dealing with actual superhuman threats, let alone on the scale of Thanos. Him reforming from Ozy's pathetic tech =/= him being able to stand getting mindraped by Thanos or enduring Thanos' massive energy projection.

Surfer has feats that shit on Manhattan across the board. Even if Manhattan is more "immortal" than Norrin is (extremely debatable), offensively, he doesn't even compare. You have to apply a no limits fallacy or just say "writer intent" to argue for Manhattan and just outright ignore Thanos' feats.

iceman24567
LOL Surfer turned himself into phucking snow his molecular control >> Doctor Manhattan. Something like intangibility is unless against a high end telepath.

Decimus
Thanos manipulates the power cosmic so he should have at the base most abilities as Norrin just a few orders of magnitude greater... plus almost Galactus mind raping telepathy. Yea Dr Manhattan is ****ed bunny

h1a8
So, we should totally believe everything Manhattan says about himself as the gospel because of "writer intent"? Okay. I'll apply this to all characters.

Manhattan did those things in a very "real world" environment. He has no experience dealing with actual superhuman threats, let alone on the scale of Thanos. Him reforming from Ozy's pathetic tech =/= him being able to stand getting mindraped by Thanos or enduring Thanos' massive energy projection.

Surfer has feats that shit on Manhattan across the board. Even if Manhattan is more "immortal" than Norrin is (extremely debatable), offensively, he doesn't even compare. You have to apply a no limits fallacy or just say "writer intent" to argue for Manhattan and just outright ignore Thanos' feats. we don't use writers intent when it goes against established history or the majority of other feats. That's when we say bad writing.

You can't use a no limits fallacy in the negative direction either. Just because someone doesn't have feats doesn't mean they can't do something. Otherwise LT would be physically weak as shit. At worst we just say that we don't know. When feats arent available we must dig deeper or leave the debate as inconclusive.

Dr. Manhattan can reform, duplicate, grow, etc. This alone proves he can't lose in a physical battle.

Notice how I never ruled out mind rape. I definitely thought of it as you see the careful chosen words of my previous post. You missed my slickness. So if Thanos tries it then he could win. Without it Thanos could lose or stalemate. IMO, I believe Dr. Could separate Thanos using some combination of matter manipulation and teleportation.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I know. He still couldn't get out of the black hole untill that ship came./shrug

He teleported numerous times without tech and with no limit applied or shown as far as range goes... It was probably more a matter of the ship being near and having transportation. What good does it do to teleport to a planet with no ship or place to go from there. That seems more logical than.. he teleportation has a close range limit.

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
He teleported numerous times without tech and with no limit applied or shown as far as range goes... It was probably more a matter of the ship being near and having transportation. What good does it do to teleport to a planet with no ship or place to go from there. That seems more logical than.. he teleportation has a close range limit. It was retcon that Thanos was always using tech to teleport since it is very unpleasant for him to do.
You don't see Thanos teleporting nowadays anyway. Writer's didnt yet give him his tech to do it I guess.

Insane Titan
It was retcon that Thanos was always using tech to teleport since it is very unpleasant for him to do.
You don't see Thanos teleporting nowadays anyway. Writer's didnt yet give him his tech to do it I guess. it was never retconed at all, for actually prove something you say

the Darkone
See H1 is full of sh** as usual, claiming recton that never happen. Thanos is eternal by which he can teleport under his own power or use tech, it's been well establish that Eternals don't like to teleport for it is unpleasant for them but they can do it. Thanos would thrash the sh** out of Dr Manhatten with the greatest if ease

Bouboumaster
Manhattan can see the beating he receives in the future and already feel the pain.

Supra
Post feats of him doing so to someone with Thanos' durabiltiy.

why dont you all change your avatars to thanus and worship the most evil creature in the universe..i know you want to

at least manhatten is indifferent but try's to do good by taking all the blame for someone elses sins..

when has thanus done such a feat

thanus gets wasted

Manhattan is a god on another lvl

Branlor Swift
why dont you all change your avatars to thanus and worship the most evil creature in the universe..i know you want to

at least manhatten is indifferent but try's to do good by taking all the blame for someone elses sins..

thanus gets wasted

Manhattan is a god on another lvl Silent Master doesn't even like Thanos.

Getting mad at him asking for proof from a featless wonder reflects worse on you than him.

Also, Thanos wins easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I can't even describe how easily Thanos will win because it will be that easy. All I would need to say is the following:

Bouboumaster

thanus gets wasted

Manhattan is a god on another lvl

Manhattan is a poor man Silver Surfer.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Silent Master doesn't even like Thanos.

Getting mad at him asking for proof from a featless wonder reflects worse on you than him.

Also, Thanos wins easily.

You'll notice that he doesn't even try to provide any feats for Dr. Manhattan, instead he attacks the poster....that's usually what people do when they know the character they're supporting can't win.

playa1258
Thanos has this. Thanos regularly stomps Silver Surfer who has feats that shit all over Dr. Manhattan.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Really this is all that needs to be said. Therefore, Thanos wins.

h1a8
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Silent Master doesn't even like Thanos.

Also, Thanos wins easily. Thanos wins via tp is viable. Do you think Thanks wins outside of that? If so then how?

h1a8
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Really this is all that needs to be said. Therefore, Thanos wins. You must don't know that Manhattan cannot be beaten by physical force. He can reform, duplicate, grow, become intangible, etc.

SS can be koed and killed by physical force. Big difference.

the Darkone
Really this is all that needs to be said. Therefore, Thanos wins.

Dr. Manhattan is a weaker version of Captain Atom; which is still way below Thanos.

Thanos is in a different weight class he is high trans as where Manhattan is mid herald at best not even in Thor, Silver Surfer league at all to say other wise is talking out of your a$$ with no panel proof.

Silent Master
You must don't know that Manhattan cannot be beaten by physical force. He can reform, duplicate, grow, become intangible, etc.

Are you saying that Dr Manhattan can't be ko'd by physical force?

h1a8
Are you saying that Dr Manhattan can't be ko'd by physical force? Yes sir. Two different reasons.
1. He was atomized and still completely reformed.
Or

2. He can see the future at all times.
He can become intangible.
He can duplicate himself.

These are two reasons why he can't.

Silent Master
Yes sir. Two different reasons.
1. He was atomized and still completely reformed.
Or

2. He can see the future at all times.
He can become intangible.
He can duplicate himself.

These are two reasons why he can't.

1) How does being able to reform stop him from being ko'd?
2) I didn't ask how he could possibly avoid physical attacks, I asked if you were claiming that he couldn't be ko'd by physical attacks.

DarkSaint85
Seeing the future doesn't mean anything; we gotta stop using it like its a trump card. He sees the past, present AND future simultaneously - for him, the future IS the past. So if the outcome is Thanos punching him in the face, he cannot change the outcome (moving his head out of the way, blocking the punch etc).

He's not the Midnighter.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Seeing the future doesn't mean anything; we gotta stop using it like its a trump card. He sees the past, present AND future simultaneously - for him, the future IS the past. So if the outcome is Thanos punching him in the face, he cannot change the outcome (moving his head out of the way, blocking the punch etc).

He's not the Midnighter.

Exactly.

People completely missed the point of Watchmen and how Manhattan's perception of the world was handled.

Supra

who still wrecks thanus

Bouboumaster
You must don't know that Manhattan cannot be beaten by physical force. He can reform, duplicate, grow, become intangible, etc.

Silver Surfer can do everything that Manhattan can do, and then some.

The only reason why Manhattan seems to be that awesome, is that he's the only super, in his universe. But in 616 Marvel or in DCNU, he'd be just another dude.
Silver Surfer, Thor, Green Lantern, Captain Marvel and probably Sups would beat that ass badly.
And Thanos wouls plow thru him.

Insane Titan
Lol so Dr M can atomize humans it means he can do it so someone far superior in terms of durability etc , GTFO h1

Supra
well if DM loses to Thor he loses to Thanus as well..

/thread

Utrigita
Thanos for the mad stomp.

DarkSaint85

You can't use a no limits fallacy in the negative direction either. Just because someone doesn't have feats doesn't mean they can't do something.

Zeus/Gladiator springs to mind......

Bouboumaster
well if DM loses to Thor he loses to Thanus as well..

/thread

Yep, for sure.

Gotta understand:
Manhattan is awesomely powerful.
But he's a tricky character, because we can't measure him against anyone else. In his universe, he's alone. And he doesn't have to deal with threat like both mainstream DC and Marvel heroes has to deal with, and there's no Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor or Bruce Wayne to go full science on his ass. There's Ozymandias, but the top brains in both Marvel and DC are leagues above him.

We can only judge him with that we know.
For instance: He seems to see both in the past and in the future, but can't interfere. He can't change events.
Silver Surfer, on pannel, has stated to do it too, but we also saw him travel in both past and in the future. Something that Manhattan can't do.

Both Manhattan and Surfer can manipulate matter, but Surfer can also take on the soul of a man or a creature.

Surfer can duplicate himself too, he can go intangible, invisible, but he also can go on the astral plane.

So, if Manhattan and Silver Surfer are similar, Surfer seems to be even more versatile that Manhattan. And if Thanos can beat the shit out of Surfer, Manhattan doesn't stand a chance here too.

Magnon
and there's no Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor or Bruce Wayne to go full science on his ass. There's Ozymandias, but the top brains in both Marvel and DC are leagues above him.
Ozymandias is in the same ballpark with the top MU scientists. At least, they are not "leagues above him". Creating a tachyon barrier which prevents information exchange with the Future would be a challenge to any of the MU scientists.

For instance: He seems to see both in the past and in the future, but can't interfere. He can't change events.
Silver Surfer, on pannel, has stated to do it too, but we also saw him travel in both past and in the future. Something that Manhattan can't do.
Dr. Manhattan exists at all times simultaneously, and therefore is at all times aware of all the events in his personal history and future (with the exception of the part of the time line blocked by Ozy's tachyon barrier). Therefore, all his actions are already predetermined by his knowledge of the entirety of his accessible future and past World Line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_line

Thus there never occurs a need for him to change anything in the past. He already made the choice he perceives as the best during the "first run".

This is vastly different from Silver Surfer's occasional peak into the past by using Power Cosmic.

Both Manhattan and Surfer can manipulate matter, but Surfer can also take on the soul of a man or a creature.
Which is irrelevant since in the watchmen universe the concept of a supernatural soul does not exist.

Surfer can duplicate himself too, he can go intangible, invisible, but he also can go on the astral plane.
I wonder where Dr. Manhattan goes when his physical form is destroyed. Some "plane" in any case, whatever it is in the watchmen universe. Haven't ever seen Surfer duplicate himself or grow in size, though. Shrink, yes. Intangible, yes I guess, unless it was just matter manipulation on the object to allow him pass through.

So, if Manhattan and Silver Surfer are similar, Surfer seems to be even more versatile that Manhattan.
Not really. Besides, their powers work in a completely different way. Surfer uses Power Cosmic (essentially an unexplained supernatural power), whereas Manhattan's powers work by manipulating the Quantum Reality lying underneath the observed macroscopic reality. This is why Manhattan's powers might just bypass all the resistances Thanos might have against physical, energy, or power cosmic attacks. Durability won't make any difference if Dr. Manhattan simply switches the bound quantum wave function of Thanos' body with a disintegrated one.

h1a8
Zeus/Gladiator springs to mind...... although glads feats are better I still give zeus the strength and durability edge. I always have. But I don't give so much as that Glads cant affect Zeus

DarkSaint85
But you don't believe he can amp his physical attributes (such as speed)? And is stuck at being slower than Captain America?

h1a8
Yep, for sure.

Gotta understand:
Manhattan is awesomely powerful.
But he's a tricky character, because we can't measure him against anyone else. In his universe, he's alone. And he doesn't have to deal with threat like both mainstream DC and Marvel heroes has to deal with, and there's no Reed Richards, Doctor Doom, Lex Luthor or Bruce Wayne to go full science on his ass. There's Ozymandias, but the top brains in both Marvel and DC are leagues above him.

We can only judge him with that we know.

So, if Manhattan and Silver Surfer are similar, Surfer seems to be even more versatile that Manhattan. And if Thanos can beat the shit out of Surfer, Manhattan doesn't stand a chance here too. But there are several things very different about them and your logic.
Differences
1. DM can't be koed or killed by physical force. He is always looking into the future, can become intangible, can duplicate, can teleport, and can reform from total annihilation.

2. Surfer can do some of those things but the problem is he dont. Its his character that allows him to lose. If surfer used his light speed, intangibility, etc. then he cant lose to Thanos either. Plus Surfer isnt always looking into the future.

h1a8
But you don't believe he can amp his physical attributes (such as speed)? And is stuck at being slower than Captain America?

I yet to see proof that he can amp his speed to light speed. I yet to see proof that he can amp his speed at all.

DarkSaint85
I yet to see proof that he can amp his speed to light speed. I yet to see proof that he can amp his speed at all.

Just because someone doesn't have feats doesn't mean they can't do something. Otherwise LT would be physically weak as shit. At worst we just say that we don't know. When feats arent available we must dig deeper or leave the debate as inconclusive.

h1a8
Just because someone hasn't done something doesn't ALWAYS mean they can't. But it can mean they cant, especially if they shown the opposite (in Zeus case). Zeus never amped his speed in battle. So either he cant or its not his character to do so.

DarkSaint85
Even if Zeus has shown that he can react to and catch a hurled Mjolnir, and react to Monica Rambeau, not to mention his AoE attacks? Whether it is in character or not is meaningless, as CIS is off in this thread.

Regardless, this is not the thread.

In this thread, Manhattan's ability to see the future as his past is meaningless - as for him, the future IS the past. He doesn't turn it into some kind of battle computer like Midnighter, or use it to predict his opponents moves in battle. For example, Kennedy's assassination, or the Vietnamese woman with the Comedian.

Whilst you say Dr M. cannot be knocked out, I argue he can. We know he can be interacted, physically (hand holding, arm grabbing, being slapped etc). We know he can still feel pain, or at least, sensations, emotionally and physically.

We know he isn't omnipotent (he could only stop 99% of Soviet missiles, Adrian said that he couldn't be everywhere at once) and he isn't omniscient (he had no idea who Moloch was).

All in all, take his hyperbolic statements about being a god with a pinch of salt. Had any other herald been in the Watchmen universe, they would be up there too.

Silent Master
Just because someone hasn't done something doesn't ALWAYS mean they can't. But it can mean they cant, especially if they shown the opposite (in Zeus case). Zeus never amped his speed in battle. So either he cant or its not his character to do so.

As opposed to all the things that Dr M has never done?

h1a8
As opposed to all the things that Dr M has never done?
All the things?
He has teleported, seen into the future (except against Ozy's plot weapon), reformed from total annihilation, became intangible to avoid being hit, duplicated himself, grow to large sizes, matter manipulated, etc.

Silent Master
None of which would allow him to beat Thanos.

h1a8
Even if Zeus has shown that he can react to and catch a hurled Mjolnir, and react to Monica Rambeau, not to mention his AoE attacks? Whether it is in character or not is meaningless, as CIS is off in this thread.

Regardless, this is not the thread.

In this thread, Manhattan's ability to see the future as his past is meaningless - as for him, the future IS the past. He doesn't turn it into some kind of battle computer like Midnighter, or use it to predict his opponents moves in battle. For example, Kennedy's assassination, or the Vietnamese woman with the Comedian.

Whilst you say Dr M. cannot be knocked out, I argue he can. We know he can be interacted, physically (hand holding, arm grabbing, being slapped etc). We know he can still feel pain, or at least, sensations, emotionally and physically.

We know he isn't omnipotent (he could only stop 99% of Soviet missiles, Adrian said that he couldn't be everywhere at once) and he isn't omniscient (he had no idea who Moloch was).

All in all, take his hyperbolic statements about being a god with a pinch of salt. Had any other herald been in the Watchmen universe, they would be up there too. Reacting to a hurled Mjolnir isn't a good speed feat, not even close. He didn't react to Monica. She was going around him in a circle and he did an AOE attack.

DM always is looking into the future. By how much is unknown. But we do it is more than a few seconds.

If someone can reform from being annihilated and never was shown to be koed then they can't be koed. Surfer has shown to be koed multiple times. Thus he can.

DM can go intangible on the spot, as well as duplicate himself. These also prevents him from being koed (if you don't accept the reforming argument).

I never claimed he was omnipotent. It's irrelevant one way or the other.

No herald would be able to reform from being atomized, see into the future at all times, become intangible to avoid being hit, duplicating themselves, growing to size of buildings or beyond. Even witnesses things that happen in planck time (yes DM has a feat on that level).

h1a8
None of which would allow him to beat Thanos.

I didn't say DM will beat Thanos. I said Thanos can't beat him with physical force. I even made mention to it being possible for Thanos to beat him by mindrape. My argument is mostly about beating DM with physical force.
But DM could possibly beat Thanos by using some sort of matter manip teleportation trick. Like teleport his head off or something. But I won't argue that since this is my opinion only.

DarkSaint85
Reacting to a hurled Mjolnir isn't a good speed feat, not even close. He didn't react to Monica. She was going around him in a circle and he did an AOE attack.

DM always is looking into the future. By how much is unknown. But we do it is more than a few seconds.

If someone can reform from being annihilated and never was shown to be koed then they can't be koed. Surfer has shown to be koed multiple times. Thus he can.

DM can go intangible on the spot, as well as duplicate himself. These also prevents him from being koed (if you don't accept the reforming argument).
He sees into the future. This much has never been in doubt.

BUT HE DOES NOT USE IT IN BATTLE. Even more so, even if he sees or knows something is about to happen, he does not act on it. Because as far as he is concerned, it has already happened/is happening. If Thanos punches him in the face, your argument is that he knows it is coming, and will move out of the way. This is NOT how his powers work.

From Manhattan's point of view, he has already been punched in the face. So he knows it will happen, and he will let it happen. He never once changed the outcome of anything.

Was in response to someone else. May have been a different thread, about Thor/Dr. M, actually.

Captain Atom.

Silent Master
I didn't say DM will beat Thanos. I said Thanos can't beat him with physical force. I even made mention to it being possible for Thanos to beat him by mindrape. My argument is mostly about beating DM with physical force.
But DM could possibly beat Thanos by using some sort of matter manip teleportation trick. Like teleport his head off or something. But I won't argue that since this is my opinion only.

Except
1) Thanos can teleport,
2) As an Eternal Thanos is able to control his molecules
3) Dr M has zero feats of matter manipulating someone of Thanos' durability

h1a8
Except
1) Thanos can teleport,
2) As an Eternal Thanos is able to control his molecules
3) Dr M has zero feats of matter manipulating someone of Thanos' durability

1. Thanos doesn't teleport anymore. He used tech to achieve this in the past as it is unpleasant for him to do without. I'm not sure he still has such tech. If he does then I don't know why he doesn't teleport anymore. So let's just say he won't use that power, even if he has it.

2. I disagree that Thanos can control his molecules to the extent you think he can. He can be killed, koed, teleported, etc.

3. That's why I'm not going to argue it. But at least it's my opinion that DM can teleport Thanos head off if he couldn't matter manipulate him. But again that's my opinion.

JayDaDon
Thanos could just bring death to the unkillable. He still has that ability right?

h1a8

He sees into the future. This much has never been in doubt.

BUT HE DOES NOT USE IT IN BATTLE. Even more so, even if he sees or knows something is about to happen, he does not act on it. Because as far as he is concerned, it has already happened/is happening. If Thanos punches him in the face, your argument is that he knows it is coming, and will move out of the way. This is NOT how his powers work.

From Manhattan's point of view, he has already been punched in the face. So he knows it will happen, and he will let it happen. He never once changed the outcome of anything.

Was in response to someone else. May have been a different thread, about Thor/Dr. M, actually.

Captain Atom.

Remember Ozy's weapon prevented DM from seeing into the future. Where do you get these outlandish theories from? DM isn't going to allow himself to get beaten. The reason why Ozy used the weapon in the first place was to prevent DM from stopping him.

h1a8
Thanos could just bring death to the unkillable. He still has that ability right? I doubt he would be able to touch DM due to him always seeing into the future and ability to become intangible and duplicate himself (not to mention his planck time reactions).

Silent Master
1. Thanos doesn't teleport anymore. He used tech to achieve this in the past as it is unpleasant for him to do without. I'm not sure he still has such tech. If he does then I don't know why he doesn't teleport anymore. So let's just say he won't use that power, even if he has it.

2. I disagree that Thanos can control his molecules to the extent you think he can. He can be killed, koed, teleported, etc.

3. That's why I'm not going to argue it. But at least it's my opinion that DM can teleport Thanos head off if he couldn't matter manipulate him. But again that's my opinion.

1) Thanos has teleported without tech and you don't get to gimp Thanos just because you don't like that he has a certain ability.
2) Disagree all you want, he has that ability.
3) Except Dr M has never done that to someone of Thanos' durability, so you have no proof that it would work.

Insane Titan
I'm still waiting on h1 to show this retcon on panel of Thanos not been able to teleport under his own power or is he just gonna troll

Silent Master
He's just going to troll...it's all he knows how to do.

h1a8
I'm still waiting on h1 to show this retcon on panel of Thanos not been able to teleport under his own power or is he just gonna troll

It's the comic explaining that eternals find it very unpleasant and very draining to their power. This is the reason why Thanos has used tech to teleport. The dots connect perfectly. Otherwise, you couldn't explain why Thanos used tech to teleport so many times.

1) Thanos has teleported without tech and you don't get to gimp Thanos just because you don't like that he has a certain ability.
2) Disagree all you want, he has that ability.
3) Except Dr M has never done that to someone of Thanos' durability, so you have no proof that it would work.

1. It was retcon that he always used tech to achieve this since doing it naturally is unpleasant and drains him.
2. If he has the ability then he won't use it.
3. That's correct. That's why it's my opinion.

But who cares. None of this proves Thanos would physically beat DM.

Silent Master
It's the comic explaining that eternals find it very unpleasant and very draining to their power. This is the reason why Thanos has used tech to teleport. The dots connect perfectly. Otherwise, you couldn't explain why Thanos used tech to teleport so many times.

1. It was retcon that he always used tech to achieve this since doing it naturally is unpleasant and drains him.
2. If he has the ability then he won't use it.
3. That's correct. That's why it's my opinion.

But who cares. None of this proves Thanos would physically beat DM.

1) It wasn't retconned, stop lying.
2) You don't get to decide that
3 ) Which you can't prove.

h1a8
1) It wasn't retconned, stop lying.
2) You don't get to decide that
3 ) Which you can't prove.

1. It was explained AFTER Thanos first appearances. So if that is not a retcon then it must be a clarification. Comics support it by having Thanos use tech consistently to teleport. Otherwise, the dots wouldn't connect. Thanos would never use tech to teleport so many times nor would they have explained why eternals don't teleport on their natural power.

2. Comics decide and they have

3. Cool beans

iceman24567
The reason for Thanos using tech to teleport has been explained numerous times stop lying h1

h1a8
The reason for Thanos using tech to teleport has been explained numerous times stop lying h1 Sure it has. That's what I'm trying to teach here.
Who's lying?

Insane Titan
Thanos has teleported under his own power after his first appearance , plus iirc Thanos didn't teleport in his first appearance so stop lying

h1a8
Thanos has teleported under his own power after his first appearance , plus iirc Thanos didn't teleport in his first appearance so stop lying I said after his first appearances, not first appearance.

DarkSaint85
Remember Ozy's weapon prevented DM from seeing into the future. Where do you get these outlandish theories from? DM isn't going to allow himself to get beaten. The reason why Ozy used the weapon in the first place was to prevent DM from stopping him.

I suggest you read the comic again.

And before you call them outlandish, remember the Ozy/kingpin thread. Where you would have saved yourself embarrassment and effort had you merely bothered to look in the KP respect thread.

iceman24567
DM has no choice he loses and he can see it coming all he wants nothing he can do about it except beg for mercy

h1a8
DM has no choice he loses and he can see it coming all he wants nothing he can do about it except beg for mercy How can he lose? He can reform from total annihilation. He can make duplicates of himself.

Insane Titan
I said after his first appearances, not first appearance. so tell then if you're so sure when this happened because il gladly prove you wrong

DarkSaint85
Don't you want to concede the point about seeing the future? And maybe apologise for being pig headed and arrogant?

eaebiakuya
Thanos can mindphuck him.

Insane Titan
Don't you want to concede the point about seeing the future? And maybe apologise for being pig headed and arrogant? you have zero chance of that happening,, h1 once claimed he is 99.9% all the time , he one of them so called smart arrogant types

iceman24567
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Thanos can mindphuck him. 10/10 dm GETS STOMPED

h1a8
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Thanos can mindphuck him. This is a possibility. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that Thanos can't beat him using physical force.

Insane Titan
This is a possibility. I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that Thanos can't beat him using physical force. still waiting on the teleporting issue

h1a8
still waiting on the teleporting issue

What do you mean?

Insane Titan
What do you mean? you said Thanos only teleported under his own power in his early appearances after changing from saying his first appearances, so tell me as your re so sure when this changed or got retconed as you claim

h1a8
you said Thanos only teleported under his own power in his early appearances after changing from saying his first appearances, so tell me as your re so sure when this changed or got retconed as you claim I don't know what to call it. You tell me. But it was explained why Eternals don't like to teleport and that it drains most of their energy. Also later we see Thanos using tech to teleport. The dots connect.

iceman24567
No it doesnt drain shit it is unpleasant for them is all stop the lying before i report you

Insane Titan
I don't know what to call it. You tell me. But it was explained why Eternals don't like to teleport and that it drains most of their energy. Also later we see Thanos using tech to teleport. The dots connect. stop f*cking lying it doesn't drain them at all it's just unpleasant which means nothing to Thanos as he's a sadistic bastard which you have admitted yourself. He teleported under his own power through his entire history from his early appearances facing Afro Magus and then in marvels 2in1 issue #2 then later in his own series under Starlin and Giffen then also in annihilation

Silent Master
1. It was explained AFTER Thanos first appearances. So if that is not a retcon then it must be a clarification. Comics support it by having Thanos use tech consistently to teleport. Otherwise, the dots wouldn't connect. Thanos would never use tech to teleport so many times nor would they have explained why eternals don't teleport on their natural power.

2. Comics decide and they have

3. Cool beans

1) Again, it wasn't retconned as Thanos still has the ability to teleport.
2) Per comics Thanos has the ability
3) Glad you admit that your opinion isn't based on any facts.

h1a8
No it doesnt drain shit it is unpleasant for them is all stop the lying before i report you so I just purposely made up teleporting drains a good portion of their energy? Call me a liar again and I'm reporting you. That's a fact

h1a8
1) Again, it wasn't retconned as Thanos still has the ability to teleport.
2) Per comics Thanos has the ability
3) Glad you admit that your opinion isn't based on any facts.
1. I said he used tech to achieve it.
2. Having the ability and using it are two different things.
3. That's good. DM still teleports his head off in my mind

Silent Master
1. I said he used tech to achieve it.
2. Having the ability and using it are two different things.
3. That's good. DM still teleports his head off in my mind

1) He's also teleported with tech
2) You don't get to gimp Thanos because you don't like him having the ability.
3) Prove it.

Insane Titan
so I just purposely made up teleporting drains a good portion of their energy? Call me a liar again and I'm reporting you. That's a fact you're lying as I've just proved, so trying providing some facts for a change

h1a8
1) He's also teleported with tech
2) You don't get to gimp Thanos because you don't like him having the ability.
3) Prove it.

1. He teleported with tech for the reasons I gave
2. I'm not gimping him. When was the last time he teleported? Does he still have the tech to do it?
3. DM can control molecules as well as teleport them. Thus he can teleport the molecules that make up Thanos head. He can also teleport Thanos to a black hole as well.

Silent Master
1. He teleported with tech for the reasons I gave
2. I'm not gimping him. When was the last time he teleported? Does he still have the tech to do it?
3. DM can control molecules as well as teleport them. Thus he can teleport the molecules that make up Thanos head. He can also teleport Thanos to a black hole as well.

1) He still has the ability to port without using tech
2) Sure you are, you're trying to take away powers that Thanos actually has.
3) DM has never done so to matter that is as durable as Thanos, so you have no proof that he can remove Thanos' head.

JakeTheBank
I'm positive Thanos would physically just beat the shit out of Manhattan with his hands, tbh.

h1a8
I'm positive Thanos would physically just beat the shit out of Manhattan with his hands, tbh. Thanos probably wouldn't land an attack. DM can go intangible at any time, duplicate himself multiple times, grow to large sizes, teleport Thanos away to a black hole, see into the future to avoid Thanos attacks, or just let Thanos do his best and just reform with ease. The only possible way Thanos can win is through some mind rape. But even then he would have to keep it on forever. Because once he lets go DM is back as good as new (and would either teleport Thanos to a black hole or teleport Thanos head off).

DarkSaint85
From the Big Blue himself:

I mean, why didn't you do something?

I CAN'T PREVENT THE FUTURE. TO ME, IT'S ALREADY HAPPENING

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/qwirtle/Watchmen0416_zps550d64ad.jpg

SNEER

DarkSaint85

He's not the Midnighter.

As I said.

One-Punch
I don't see Dr. Manhattan beating most elite high heralds, let alone Thanos.

Bouboumaster
Thanos would beat a bunch of Doctor Manhattan

Insane Titan
Thanos probably wouldn't land an attack. DM can go intangible at any time, duplicate himself multiple times, grow to large sizes, teleport Thanos away to a black hole, see into the future to avoid Thanos attacks, or just let Thanos do his best and just reform with ease. The only possible way Thanos can win is through some mind rape. But even then he would have to keep it on forever. Because once he lets go DM is back as good as new (and would either teleport Thanos to a black hole or teleport Thanos head off). Thanos has hit intangible beings before the rest of your post is make believe nonsense and still waiting on this proof of a retcon

h1a8
Thanos has hit intangible beings before the rest of your post is make believe nonsense and still waiting on this proof of a retcon Prove it. Scans or issue?

It's found in a more recent Eternal series. Volume 4 or 3 I think. I don't know exactly where but if you have the series then you should be able to find it. You would see that I didn't make this up off the top of my head.

h1a8

That means he can't prevent himself from making choices he is already going to make. That means if he sees himself being attacked and avoiding the attack then he will do it.
DM still has choice. Otherwise Ozy wouldn't have turned off his future vision and that would contradict what you are saying.

h1a8
Originally posted by One-Punch
I don't see Dr. Manhattan beating most elite high heralds, let alone Thanos. Thanos has no way to physically put DM down.
DM can at the very least teleport Thanos to a black hole. At the most he can teleport his head off.

h1a8
Thanos would beat a bunch of Doctor Manhattan

How would he beat one of them? DM can reform as good as new. DM can become intangible. DM can duplicate himself over and over. DM can teleport Thanos to a black hole or probably his head off.

Originally posted by One-Punch
I don't see Dr. Manhattan beating most elite high heralds, let alone Thanos. Thanos has no way to physically put DM down.
DM can at the very least teleport Thanos to a black hole. At the most he can teleport his head off.

DarkSaint85
That means he can't prevent himself from making choices he is already going to make. That means if he sees himself being attacked and avoiding the attack then he will do it.
DM still has choice. Otherwise Ozy wouldn't have turned off his future vision and that would contradict what you are saying.

It does not replace the original timeline, where he does not avoid the attack, though.

Insane Titan
Prove it. Scans or issue?

It's found in a more recent Eternal series. Volume 4 or 3 I think. I don't know exactly where but if you have the series then you should be able to find it. You would see that I didn't make this up off the top of my head. it happened on Celestial quest series issue 3 or 4.

You still lied as it said it's unpleasant and not drains their power. Plus Thanos is a mutant eternal and I gave you instances that proved you wrong troll

Estacado
Titan.

Supra
thanos already won

iceman24567
Thanos stomps still

Silent Master
Prove it. Scans or issue?

It's found in a more recent Eternal series. Volume 4 or 3 I think. I don't know exactly where but if you have the series then you should be able to find it. You would see that I didn't make this up off the top of my head.

Actually, you're lying again...because Thanos' ability to teleport without tech was never retconned.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>