Ares Vs Sentry Rematch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Ares Gets Superman level strength and Durability.

how would this fight go? assuming he cant easily tear apart beings with superman level durability

StiltmanFTW
Ares would still lose, obviously.

Gekanideous
Ares wins this time.

Gekanideous
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ares would still lose, obviously.

Why do you say that?

StiltmanFTW
Because he has no way of putting Sentry down...

Reflassshh
Ares rips sentry in half, imo.

StiltmanFTW
Like that would bother him.

Gekanideous
Because he has no way of putting Sentry down...

I think punching him unconscious would be a way.

carver9
Sentry still wins.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Gekanideous
I think punching him unconscious would be a way.

Not gonna happen.

Gekanideous
Not gonna happen.

And why is that? Hulk and Blue Marvel have done it.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Ares rips sentry in half, imo. he was hacking his axe into him with his axe

StiltmanFTW
And why is that? Hulk and Blue Marvel have done it.

Not to Siege Sentry who was operating at a much higher power level.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
he was hacking his axe into him with his axe

laughing

dial J for Josh
Colossus you make the best threads.... I'm not even being sarcastic.

Stranglehold300
Still Sentry. What answer does he have Sentrys...Energy manipulations/Absorption, Mindrape, Molecule Manipulation and immortality.

Also is Sentry stable minded? Because that plays a big part since his mental state is what keeps his physical powers together.

If not then Sentry HAS to use his BIG GUNS.

ShadowFyre
So Ares with only Supermans durability and strength? Well he doesent get ripped in half. But dont see him winning very many unless Sentry just acts like a retard and lets him beat him unconsious.

Stranglehold300
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
So Ares with only Supermans durability and strength? Well he doesent get ripped in half. But dont see him winning very many unless Sentry just acts like a retard and lets him beat him unconsious.

If this is stable minded Sentry then I don't see that happening.

LordofBrooklyn
Now that I think about it Sentry tearing Ares apart could've involved matter manipulation and not just brute strength.

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Now that I think about it Sentry tearing Ares apart could've involved matter manipulation and not just brute strength.
Ding ding ding ding ding.

Sentry still wins.

Gekanideous
Not to Siege Sentry who was operating at a much higher power level.

It's the same Sentry, not sure what you mean. He can and has been KO'ed with brute force. With Superman's physical advantage, Ares wins.

LordofBrooklyn
It's the same Sentry, not sure what you mean. He can and has been KO'ed with brute force. With Superman's physical advantage, Ares wins.

SIEGE Sentry is an entirely different animal.

StiltmanFTW

No, he's not. Void's in control, for one thing.

Stranglehold300
Siege Sentry was basically the Void taking over.

A mental stable Sentry would also give this Ares trouble.

Branlor Swift
So it's pretty much not Ares at all

tkitna
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So it's pretty much not Ares at all

Correct

Colossus-Big C
how is that? superman doesnt have ares level of h2h skill.
ares trained his son to go toe to toe with friggen gorgon.

ares also handed abomination and skarr there assess at regular stats.

not to mention superman doesnt have an adamantine axe

very different people

dial J for Josh
...so its pretty much not ares at all.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
...so its pretty much not ares at all. I think that's the just of it, yeah

Enzeru
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by zopzop
Ding ding ding ding ding.

Sentry still wins.

Nah, Void killing Ares was pure, brute strength. He simply grabbed Ares and pulled his body into two opposite directions.

On topic:

1. This is Void ripping Ares apart, who is a 70 tonner with actually quite good durability and for some reason Bendis had Ares at Thor levels during Dark Reign (which is utter nonsense, since Thor has oneshotted Ares in the past):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180701-6.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180703-7.jpg

2. This is Sentry overpowering Terrax, who is a 90 tonner and he is doing that by using just one hand:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179066-3.jpg

3. This is Sentry overpowering the Thing, who is at least a 100 tonner (actually much stronger) - once again with just one hand:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101942/3267542-2.jpg

4. Here is Sentry bitchslapping the Thing away and tanking his shots like they're nothing:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2179428-2.jpg

Of course all these opponents were not a real threat to him anyway, but now it starts getting interesting...

5. Here is the Void breaking nearly every single bone in Hulk's body and rendering him helpless for days - and I would argue that Savage Hulk is not much less stronger and durable than Superman:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101942/2005312-44.jpg

6. Here is the Void squeezing the living crap out of Thor, whose face is all puffed up, he is bleeding and overall he doesn't seem to be having a great time - he has the same look on his face Ares had, before he got torn apart, but luckily for Thor Osborn calls Void off:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/116291/2180716-7.jpg

7. Here is the Sentry overpowering Thor again:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/101942/3198253-3.jpg

In the last instance he has the Death Seed upgrade, but judging how Wolverine was able to free himself from Death Seed Daken and overwhelm him with attacks for a moment and how Rogue was able to throw Death Seed Grim Reaper around ... the Death Seed upgrades should not be so vast that it alone is the reason why Sentry was able to simply overpower Thor.

In the recent comics it has been stated twice that Sentry is the most powerful being certain mutants have ever met and these mutants are on the same team as Thor - so it's hard to believe that Sentry is not above Thor, even without the Death Seed upgrade.

The rematch against Super Ares won't be any different than the first one. Of course being ripped apart is less likely, but getting the beating of his life is still on the menu for Superdudebro Ares.

abhilegend
If sentry goes h2h, Ares beats the shit out of him this time.

ShadowFyre
I agree with abhi. Sentry will not be replicating his favorite fatality. Like I said in srraight fisticuffs Ares will take this most likely. But since this is Siege Sentry and the voids in control he might need something else. I mean, he is still lacking in flight,speed and ep. I mean, he still isnt Thor..Thought I would throw that in there.

Unless you meant Silver Age Strength and durability. Then the void gets hit by a universe busting sneeze/fart combo.

Mshinu
SENTRY wins by tearing SupeAres` head clean off.

Iron-man
I don't see how Ares is suppose to win this. Ares hasn't done anything that makes him "Thor" level. Ares at his best is just Thing/Colossus second stringer. You guys are probably forgetting about Sentry ripped about Carnage like nothing, ignored Classic Thing blows, overpowered Extermis Iron Man, destroyed Doom,etc.

JakeTheBank
Sentry should still win. But physically, he's not going to rip apart Ares or pull off his head.

Colossus-Big C
how is he going to win

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Iron-man
I don't see how Ares is suppose to win this. Ares hasn't done anything that makes him "Thor" level. Ares at his best is just Thing/Colossus second stringer. You guys are probably forgetting about Sentry ripped about Carnage like nothing, ignored Classic Thing blows, overpowered Extermis Iron Man, destroyed Doom,etc. ares at his best beat up skarr who is far above 100 tons.

depending on the writer (bendis) ares can physically challenge hercules and thor

handbooks dont mean shit

JakeTheBank
handbooks dont mean shit

Smartest thing you've said. thumb up

Iron-man
ares at his best beat up skarr who is far above 100 tons.

depending on the writer (bendis) ares can physically challenge hercules and thor

handbooks dont mean shit
Skaar isn't Hercules/Thor level. class 100 tons means nothing to Ares.

Bendis is the only writing who seriously think Ares is Thor level. Ares has done flat out shit that supports that statement. Especially when Hercules can still beat Ares/Wonder Man at the same time.

Sentry could take on Blue Marvel, and Blue Marvel shits over Ares too.

janus77
Sentry farts kryptonite in Ares' general direction. Ares dies.

Either that or Sentry just flies right through him at FTL speeds.

Gekanideous
No, he's not. Void's in control, for one thing.

That is inconsequential, as Void is not in this fight. Sentry is. With that being said, Sentry is powerful, but having Superman level strength and durability if used to optimum levels is enough to take Sentry down, really. Again, just ask Hulk and Blue Marvel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.