22 Jump Street (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marwash22
Plot Synopsis
After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college.

Starring: Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill & Ice Cube

06rvPK8ydZo

Stealth Moose
I was in disbelief when they rebooted the series before. This sounds like a cash cow grab.

Tzeentch
This will either be Empire Strikes Back or Hangover 2.

No middleground.

marwash22
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
I was in disbelief when they rebooted the series before. This sounds like a cash cow grab. The first movie was way better than anything in the original.

BruceSkywalker
will pass, haven't seen the first one..

Firefly218
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will pass, haven't seen the first one..

You should give it a try.
Awesome movie

steverules_2
Will see this, loved the first one

Esau Cairn
I want a "I'm Eric's *****." t-shirt.

This is one reboot that made me feel old when no one releaised it was based on a tv series.

Kazenji
Enjoyed the first one alot, Was expecting to only have one or two decent laughs at first

will be seeing this second.

Dreampanther
Dunno why, maybe because I grew up with the series, the movie just didn't do it for me. The series had a kind of lazy humour to it, a sly poke at life as a teenager/young adult, while the rebooted movie was more slapstick and almost moralistic/preachy, IMO. Will probably give the second one a miss...

Esau Cairn
Some tv series were never meant to be rebooted or remade into a movie.

I've been hearing rumours about an Equalizer movie in production too.

jinXed by JaNx
It may be because I was expecting the worst but the last movie actually surprised me. I received quite a few laughs from it. Considering that the movie was written and designed to grab the high school audience I avoided the movie for a long time and even though I have outgrown a lot of the humor in the movie I still thought most of the humor was well written and performed. I wish we could see more humor that's not written for a specific demographic like the high school or college audience.

Kazenji
b0Y9exbvqTs

Robtard
If that scene is an indication of what we're in for, this flick was be complete shit.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Robtard
If that scene is an indication of what we're in for, this flick was be complete shit.

You negative nancy

Robtard
You laughed at that stupid scene, didn't you.

Firefly218
http://www.troll.me/images/screaming-baby/oh-hell-yes.jpg

Kazenji
Seen Joblo's review for this one

gives it a 8/10.

riv6672
I loved the series, and the movie worked for me. Probably because they avoided recasting the original actors in a direct re-make and went with "what if this program were still around?"
Much more freedom to just do their own thing and throw in some shout outs.

A straight up remake set in the 80s ala Starsky & Hutch would have worked too, but what they did was, i think, a better choice.

dynamix
22 Jump Street was dope. Recycled the same plot from the first film but, hey, if it works, why fix it lol.

riv6672
Right out of the franchise play book!

chuckie06
Best comedy so far this year.

Kazenji
22 Jump Street's writer Rodney Rothman to script 23 Jump Street

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/22-jump-street-writer-rodney-rothman-set-to-script-23-jump-street-148

rosepetel
It is an interesting movie. channing and jonah both have done great job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.