My Hero is the best there is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prof. T.C McAbe
This is a kind of Versus thread. Just tell us why you think/like your most fav char better than anyone else. What makes him >>> everyone else. Personality, History, Powers, looks, or whatever makes you like him. Just one char, your best.

In the end we will see who has the most "fans" and can decide who wins this fan"voting"!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QZ2ZXQMaWVI/S1r272KvH3I/AAAAAAAAADU/7ZvhlejvEaU/S700/DcComicsandMarvelComics.jpg

Warlord

DarkSaint85

Warlord
I've never read something from Image I'm afraid.
DD was the one to get me into comics when Miller was writing the book.
I don't think my description is inacurate or anything

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/Xh2abww.jpg

That's why Superman is the best. You can be the strongest, cleverest, most powerful or anything but there is nobody who inspires more than Superman.

DarkSaint85
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7jdhbTbl21qzx87jo1_500.jpg

sneer

abhilegend
http://i.imgur.com/DNexvBh.jpg

vin

maxivitopowe
Spiderman... Nuf said

pym-ftw
My Namesake

Truly one of the few really flawed heroes in comics, between his real world issues (schizophrenia, depression, & suicide among others) & horrid luck (Hitting Jan, Building Ultron, building "heaven"wink he feels very real even in a fantasy world of larger than life heroes.

maxivitopowe
Building heaven?

Who would you say are the most tortured heroes?

Pym is up there
Spidey
Baz was for a while
Mutants
Hal?
Cyborg

Warlord
mr immortal

pym-ftw
Pym is an atheist, when Bill Foster (Goliath) died he collected his soul and put it in a virtual reality based on the concept of heaven.

Later he found a tortured Bill who was lonely, he did use that tech later to bring back the beyonders daughter/korvac's wife.

maxivitopowe
Oh damn. how did he collect the soul?

pym-ftw
With science...

maxivitopowe
As you do...

beatboks
Well my favorite character without doubt is Alan Scot.

Abhi talks about Superman inspiring characters (which is true) but in the GA quite a few heroes were inspired and got into the business because of Alan Scot GL.

For me what's inspiring about him is more than just the heroism it's the higher standard he holds himself to.

He more than any character I can think of (even Clark/Kal, Thor etc) holds himself accountable to a ridiculous standard.

in All Star Squadron 20 when he believed he was responsible for Thousands of deaths by abuse of his power when he lost his temper over the perceived deaths of his friends he was about to destroy himself and his ring because "no one should wield that much power and live"
http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/All-StarSquadron20-Page22.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

In the annual that year (an supposed untold story of the JSA history to explain some drastic changes of the era that were never explained) When he failed to save a single boy who had a tree fall on him, he resigned as JSA chairman and as a member because if he wasn't so tired from all the pies he had his fingers in he would have figured out a way to get around his weakness as he always did. his failure in his eyes cost a life, not his weakness.

In JSA strange Tales he was prepared to give his ring up to a madman if he could do the world more good than he could with it.

I could list dozens of other stories but the simple fact that despite loving his wife and his kids he was never there for them because someone else needed him more is another example.

His character one that would never bow down even when in great despair.

abhilegend
Yeah, but in reality Alan was inspired by Kal-L to become a hero.

shifty

Rao Kal El
Superman, because is not about the power but doing what is right and striking to be the best, even if We have flaws, it does not matter, every day get up and try your best and while at it, help and inspire others to do the same.

Boss16
Ignore

-Pr-
Abhi, stop trying to hijack the thread.

Enzeru
The Sentry of course. The Sentry is everything.

What I always liked about the Sentry was the "you", when he first came out. The narration was speaking about him and to him at the same time and in a way it spoke to me as a reader and the fan of comics, power fantasies and stuff like that.

Speaking of power fantasies - the Sentry has it all: His power set covers everything up you would need as such a character. His potential is limitless. He could literally save the entire world, if not ... for his own humanity, which limits him greatly. He has problems. He has agoraphobia and sometimes it's tough for him to do something. I'm sure that many people can rely to that, since everyone should have days where it's simply tough to go on.

I like how Sentry is operating on such a world wide scale and I like that he refuses to take the responsibility, because it's about decisions which you can't make on your own. You can't decide if you will invest time in saving 50 people at one part of the world, while 50 other people die somewhere else, so the Sentry lets CLOC handle it all and simply give him the information he needs. I like the idea of him flying around nonstop all over the world and saving as many people as he can. I like that he is capable of healing people, but rather chooses not to do it, because he would do the same for absolutely everyone and it would cause a lot of chaos... It would bring desperate parents over the edge and they would do stupid things in order to get the Sentry to heal their children, or simply loved ones. If Sentry was not to save them, he would get all the blame.
I also like that he chooses to kill for the bigger picture, like when he ripped Carnage apart. If you're threatening innocents, chances are there that the Sentry is going to kill you and I agree with that. Imagine a child molester doing wrong stuff for the third time and getting imprisoned by Batman once again. Sentry would simply rip that guy apart and all the problems would be solved - parents would be lucky, children would be safe.

In my opinion Sentry is the most believable and relateable comic book character in existence. He truly is human.

I don't want to attack other peoples beliefs at this point, or question their likes and dislikes, but I will still say that I disagree with everyone, who chooses characters like Superman and Batman.

Superman is not inspiring anymore and he rarely ever was. The one time, where I actually really liked Superman was in the short story "Peace on Earth". I also liked "Secret Origins" for the most part, since he was doing there what I would expect Superman to do... helping people.
Superman nowdays doesn't care anymore. I rarely see him actually helping. He is just one of those high herald level brick characters, who brawl it out and go against cosmic threats all the time. He has been disconnected from the humanity by DC many years ago. The most retarded showing in the last years was for me the Earth benchpressing instance, where he wasted 5 days - 5 days where he could have saved countless of lifes, if he was portrayed in a way the Sentry was portrayed most of the time, or as himself during "Peace on Earth" and "Secret Origins".

I hate Batman even more. To me Batman is the most pathetic character in comic books. Not only does he recruit children for his own war against the crime, he continues to does it even after seeing how much bad can happen (Jason Todd's death). He captures his villains (which some of them he actually created) and puts them into Arkham, which has the security standards of my university: none. He should invest his billions to make Arkham a more secured place and not that every McGuyver-level character can escape by simply having a toothbrush. Batman captures the Joker instead of killing him and gives Joker the opportunity to kill hundreds of more people. Batman is just as bad as the Joker and he does it all to not break the law, which he is already doing by being a masked vigilante.
His character is absolutely not-relateable nowdays... I don't see how anyone could ever identify himself with Batman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Abhi, stop trying to hijack the thread.
I'm not sure what you're talking about?

angel

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
I'm not sure what you're talking about?

angel

lol, sure.

======

My absolute favourite characters is Cyclops, or at least what Cyclops was before Marvel started their radical shift of the character.

Growing up, I was never one of the cool kids. I'm still, as an adult, someone that doesn't consider myself to be cool. I'm socially awkward at times. I like "nerdy" things. I don't like being in rooms full of people I don't know. I'm an introvert.

As a kid, X-Men was my favourite comic. To this day I own tons of X-Men comics (more than I do of any other character). The best thing about Cyclops, for me, was that I saw a lot of myself in him. I was not good with people. I was not, for a long time, good with women. I had "control" issues due to an at-times rocky upbringing.

Yet, in reading X-Men, I got to see Cyclops be all those things and yet, it didn't matter. He still got the girl. He still got to be the hero. He didn't need to be cool. He didn't want to be. He was the leader, and no matter how much shit they put on his plate, he dealt with it.

Suffer years of childhood abuse? Live in a world that hates and fears you? Take your kid away? Wife dies on you? The only family you've ever known gets torn apart? The closest thing you've ever had to a father telepathically violated you to serve his own ends?

Pfft, it doesn't matter; here, have an entire species to now be responsible for.

I like leaders, as characters. Not everyone gets to be the cool rogue, or the genius. Or the playboy. Yet the X-Men, more often than not, always needed Cyclops, because he was literally the reason on a lot of occasions that, through planning, practice and team selection, that they came home from missions alive and in one piece.

And it always amuses me when the "X-Kids" have a go at the seniors.

"Oh, Bastion is chasing you down? lol Magneto/Juggernaut/Sentinels/Hellfire Club says hi."

So yeah.

beatboks
Yeah, but in reality Alan was inspired by Kal-L to become a hero.

shifty

Maybe now days, not originally. Originally they were characters of different publishers. National gained full control of All American in about 46 IIRC. All American did get financing from the owners of national/DC which was why they shared characters in All Star.

Mindship
Silver Surfer
1. When he first appeared, he was utterly unique. No spandex, simple in design, flew standing up.
2. Powerful like nobody's business, not just in sheer wattage but in versatility.
3. Despite his power, he's a pacifist, perhaps to a fault, and is most pained by "man's inhumanity to man."
4. He is an explorer, a cosmic wanderer at heart, who desires more than anything to be one with the universe and all its wonders.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Enzeru

Superman is not inspiring anymore and he rarely ever was.

He inspired the Sentry, therefore you are indirectly inspired by Superman evil face

abhilegend
Originally posted by beatboks
Maybe now days, not originally. Originally they were characters of different publishers. National gained full control of All American in about 46 IIRC. All American did get financing from the owners of national/DC which was why they shared characters in All Star.
Nope, its from the start. Superman and Batman were honorary members of JSA from the very first comic, Sensation Comic 3.

Epicurus
Benjaminn Grimm aka Thing of the Fantastic Four.

Epicurus
@Batman-Prime: Can we give votes to more than one character? If we can, I'd like to vote for Empowered as well.

Epicurus
My absolute favourite characters is Cyclops, or at least what Cyclops was before Marvel started their radical shift of the character.

Growing up, I was never one of the cool kids. I'm still, as an adult, someone that doesn't consider myself to be cool. I'm socially awkward at times. I like "nerdy" things. I don't like being in rooms full of people I don't know. I'm an introvert.

As a kid, X-Men was my favourite comic. To this day I own tons of X-Men comics (more than I do of any other character). The best thing about Cyclops, for me, was that I saw a lot of myself in him. I was not good with people. I was not, for a long time, good with women. I had "control" issues due to an at-times rocky upbringing.

Yet, in reading X-Men, I got to see Cyclops be all those things and yet, it didn't matter. He still got the girl. He still got to be the hero. He didn't need to be cool. He didn't want to be. He was the leader, and no matter how much shit they put on his plate, he dealt with it.

Suffer years of childhood abuse? Live in a world that hates and fears you? Take your kid away? Wife dies on you? The only family you've ever known gets torn apart? The closest thing you've ever had to a father telepathically violated you to serve his own ends?

Pfft, it doesn't matter; here, have an entire species to now be responsible for.

I like leaders, as characters. Not everyone gets to be the cool rogue, or the genius. Or the playboy. Yet the X-Men, more often than not, always needed Cyclops, because he was literally the reason on a lot of occasions that, through planning, practice and team selection, that they came home from missions alive and in one piece.

"Oh, Bastion is chasing you down? lol Magneto/Juggernaut/Sentinels/Hellfire Club says hi."

So yeah.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130714043418/glee/images/a/a4/Sob_sob_gif_by_rinoabc-d3j0phi.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
lol, sure.

======

So yeah.

Wait just a second.. you mean there are nerds that read comics and visit comic book forums to them with others? You jest

KuRuPT Thanosi

What I always liked about the Sentry was the "you", when he first came out. The narration was speaking about him and to him at the same time and in a way it spoke to me as a reader and the fan of comics, power fantasies and stuff like that.

Speaking of power fantasies - the Sentry has it all: His power set covers everything up you would need as such a character. His potential is limitless. He could literally save the entire world, if not ... for his own humanity, which limits him greatly. He has problems. He has agoraphobia and sometimes it's tough for him to do something. I'm sure that many people can rely to that, since everyone should have days where it's simply tough to go on.

I like how Sentry is operating on such a world wide scale and I like that he refuses to take the responsibility, because it's about decisions which you can't make on your own. You can't decide if you will invest time in saving 50 people at one part of the world, while 50 other people die somewhere else, so the Sentry lets CLOC handle it all and simply give him the information he needs. I like the idea of him flying around nonstop all over the world and saving as many people as he can. I like that he is capable of healing people, but rather chooses not to do it, because he would do the same for absolutely everyone and it would cause a lot of chaos... It would bring desperate parents over the edge and they would do stupid things in order to get the Sentry to heal their children, or simply loved ones. If Sentry was not to save them, he would get all the blame.
I also like that he chooses to kill for the bigger picture, like when he ripped Carnage apart. If you're threatening innocents, chances are there that the Sentry is going to kill you and I agree with that. Imagine a child molester doing wrong stuff for the third time and getting imprisoned by Batman once again. Sentry would simply rip that guy apart and all the problems would be solved - parents would be lucky, children would be safe.

In my opinion Sentry is the most believable and relateable comic book character in existence. He truly is human.

I don't want to attack other peoples beliefs at this point, or question their likes and dislikes, but I will still say that I disagree with everyone, who chooses characters like Superman and Batman.

Superman is not inspiring anymore and he rarely ever was. The one time, where I actually really liked Superman was in the short story "Peace on Earth". I also liked "Secret Origins" for the most part, since he was doing there what I would expect Superman to do... helping people.
Superman nowdays doesn't care anymore. I rarely see him actually helping. He is just one of those high herald level brick characters, who brawl it out and go against cosmic threats all the time. He has been disconnected from the humanity by DC many years ago. The most retarded showing in the last years was for me the Earth benchpressing instance, where he wasted 5 days - 5 days where he could have saved countless of lifes, if he was portrayed in a way the Sentry was portrayed most of the time, or as himself during "Peace on Earth" and "Secret Origins".

I hate Batman even more. To me Batman is the most pathetic character in comic books. Not only does he recruit children for his own war against the crime, he continues to does it even after seeing how much bad can happen (Jason Todd's death). He captures his villains (which some of them he actually created) and puts them into Arkham, which has the security standards of my university: none. He should invest his billions to make Arkham a more secured place and not that every McGuyver-level character can escape by simply having a toothbrush. Batman captures the Joker instead of killing him and gives Joker the opportunity to kill hundreds of more people. Batman is just as bad as the Joker and he does it all to not break the law, which he is already doing by being a masked vigilante.
His character is absolutely not-relateable nowdays... I don't see how anyone could ever identify himself with Batman.

Ummm so Sentry inspires more than Superman? odd.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Prof. T.C McAbe

I never got so much into Sentry. What would you recommend as his best Story? And no hating my Friend, it's not about convincing someone else to change his personal favorite, it's about sharing and understanding and seeing who has the most followers.

So yeah.

Yeah, Cyclops is cool. He had a better rep during his time before Wolverine came along. I like Logan but he got the spotlight and a great fanbase which hurt a lot of X-Men Chars in my opinion.

Originally posted by Mindship
Silver Surfer
1. When he first appeared, he was utterly unique. No spandex, simple in design, flew standing up.
2. Powerful like nobody's business, not just in sheer wattage but in versatility.
3. Despite his power, he's a pacifist, perhaps to a fault, and is most pained by "man's inhumanity to man."
4. He is an explorer, a cosmic wanderer at heart, who desires more than anything to be one with the universe and all its wonders.

Good choice^^. I had my problems to get into him but he was still the most impressive of Galactus Heralds and always a Powerhouse.

Originally posted by Epicurus
Benjaminn Grimm aka Thing of the Fantastic Four.
@Batman-Prime: Can we give votes to more than one character? If we can, I'd like to vote for Empowered as well.

The Thing thumb up. You read the FF during the time he became even stronger and had a female Thing in the FF4? A great time, though most of the time his character is quite sad^^.

Just one char, your most fav. It's a hard decision at first but it makes things easier in the end. ^^

Daredevil - 1
Superman - 2
Spiderman - 1
Hank Pym - 1
Alan Scott - 1
Sentry - 1
Cyclops - 1
Silver Surfer - 1
Thing - 1

Sorry I am at work right now and can't reply longer.

ScreamPaste
Does it have to be a comic book hero? biscuits

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Does it have to be a comic book hero? biscuits

Not necessary but it would make more sense though wink.

DarkSaint85
Constantine.

As flawed, as human as you can get, with the added dash of comic book heroics (occasionally). Despite his questionable tactics, he does what he does for the greater good, or simply because he hates bullies.

Don't mess with him, leave him alone, and despite his knowledge and power he will leave you alone. He doesn't want to rule the world or to save mankind - he just wants to get by.

ScreamPaste
I'll toss my vote in for OoT Link due to his intense determinator qualities. That guy will fight evil unto death and then unto eternity. awesome He makes Sisyphus look like a *****.

But if you'd prefer to keep it comicbook I'll give a nod to Spodermen. It's a tough call but he edges out the others for me. mmm

One-Punch
Silver Surfer.

In his classic days when he was trapped on Earth, he was basically hated and detested by the human population, who'd go as far as to attack him for no good reason. He's commented a bunch of times about mankind's capacity for bigotry and violence.

For Surfer, being trapped on Earth was akin to "hell" for him, and he's had several monologues about how he yearns to travel the stars and see Shalla-Ba again. Being stuck on Earth was essentially torture for Surfer.

Despite this, Surfer has had multiple ways to free himself from his Earthly prison, but usually at the cost of human lives or danger to Earth. On these occassions, Surfer has always sacrificed his freedom and happiness (to be free from Earth), just to save lives of very same humans who hate and detest him.

His unrelenting altruism, even to those who hate him, make him awesome.

carver9
Wolverine use to be my favorite but Spiderman is slowly taking his place (sorry Stilt).

KuRuPT Thanosi
My fav hero is captain America and next would be warlock

Warlord
@batman prime: no surprise his Miller issues were amazing. Bulseye -Electra - DD triangle was amazing to read and of course Born Again is one of the greatest stories ever. I always liked the first issues of Vol.2. Loved the art back in the day

h1a8
Spider-man
Hes the most exciting and amazing thing to see in all of existence. My absolute favorite.

But Superman inspired me to be a super hero and to fly (a life long dream)

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by carver9
Wolverine use to be my favorite but Spiderman is slowly taking his place (sorry Stilt). No he isn't
Get outta here!
laughing out loud

kgkg
Carver's favorite is Superman. I could have sworn he said that a few years ago.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by h1a8
Spider-man
Hes the most exciting and amazing thing to see in all of existence. My absolute favorite.

You too. Spider-man my @$$.

Also, you'll always be a flying super hero in our eyes.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
No he isn't
Get outta here!
laughing out loud

Uuuuummmm, yes he is. How are you going to tell me who my favorite is?

KG...

I said I like Superman as an character, he isn't close to being one of my faves.

Lets add to my list.

Thor
Hulk
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel.

celeyhyga17
Uuuuummmm, yes he is. How are you going to tell me who my favorite is?

KG...

I said I like Superman as an character, he isn't close to being one of my faves.

Lets add to my list.

Thor
Hulk
Wonder Woman
Captain Marvel.
I was gonna say based on ure Hulk fapping sessions the past couple'o years.

Then again u put Thor on ure list which automatically makes u an aces kinda guy.

Carry on.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I was gonna say based on ure Hulk fapping sessions the past couple'o years.

Then again u put Thor on ure list which automatically makes u an aces kinda guy.

Carry on.

I think I like Thor more than you do.

Flyattractor
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120997/3281624-3242295067-old_l.jpg
My Hero. Da One and Only Main Man!

LOBO!

Why? Cause HE
Drinks
Smokes
Does fun Drugs
Rides fun and flashy vehicles
Kills people for fun and profit
Dresses snazzy
and mainly
HE DON'T GIVE FLAMIN FRAG WHAT ANY ONE THINKS AND DON'T TAKE NO CRAP!

Hell yeah!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos is my hero!!!!

-Pr-
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130714043418/glee/images/a/a4/Sob_sob_gif_by_rinoabc-d3j0phi.gif

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait just a second.. you mean there are nerds that read comics and visit comic book forums to them with others? You jest

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Yeah, Cyclops is cool. He had a better rep during his time before Wolverine came along. I like Logan but he got the spotlight and a great fanbase which hurt a lot of X-Men Chars in my opinion.

tbh, his rep, imo, was largely fine up until around messiah complex. though yeah, wolverine becoming some sort of mascot did hurt them all.

JakeTheBank
Thor.

In the Marvel Universe, it's been said by other characters that Thor is almost like a superhero for superheroes. Widely considered to be the mightiest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Thor stands out to me because he is a literal god in a world filled with beings with godlike power, and while he's still loyal to Asgard, it's Earth and humanity who has won his heart. His stories are the stuff of legend (often literally) and he can find himself in virtually any genre, making for captivating and entertaining reads: science fiction, fantasy, classic superheroics, horror, and even be relevant in social issues, specifically when it pertains to religion.

And yes, while Thor is extremely powerful and does possess some of the greatest feats of his respective tier, it's never really been about Thor's power level that makes me like him. It's his character, which is often more complex and fleshed out than a lot of people (including writers) give him credit for. He also has some of the greatest smack talking lines of dialogue in comics. If Shakespeare wrote pro wrestling promos, they'd sound a lot like Thor.

maxivitopowe
I'd be willing to **** with the space-time continuum to get Shakespeare to write pro wrestling promos.

Just realisedI've only got 2 DC chars I like. Baz and Atrocitus and some times Sinestro

And Enzeru brings up a good point about the 5 days pressing the earth thing did he make die that there was gonna be protection for earth or did he just decide to one day find out what guys upper bound was and disappear for a work week?

Originally posted by maxivitopowe

Who would you say are the most tortured heroes?

Pym is up there
Spidey
Baz was for a while
Mutants
Hal?
Cyborg

Forgot Hulk, Cyke and Wolvie

IMO Spidey is the best @ what he does in his league and a couple above it. He may not be the best to other people and honestly I wasn't that much of a year ago but when I started reading him I realised that even though he's always beset by guilt and tragedy whenever his life starts to go good he still carries on trooping when he has no need to fight (such as during the AvX arc though he knows he will probably die, he still stays behind to cover their exit after they go to rescue captured allies and not only does he leave there in a better condition then the one Morlun left him in, he still managed to outsmart them whilst suffering severe blunt force trauma) cos..you know " with great power, comes great responsibility"
So in conclusion Spidey will always be my favourite and whilst I seem to be the only one enjoying the Superior arc I can't wait for Pete to come back and Carol everyone (Carol means to reem your Avengers teammates after something happens to you and they don't seem to notice and you go and tell them individually that they are ****ing **** ****ers)

Magic Joe
Always been into the space scifi stuff so I really enjoy anything with Mar-Vell, Genis, and the Kree empire in it. Mar-Vell would be my fav hero. He's like a cosmic Captain America.

Golgo13
Grifter, because he inspires people.

Martian_mind
Mine should come as a surprise to nobody. As for my reasoning, eh, I'm not too sure. J'onn's backstory is easily one of the most tragic in all of comicdom. He wasn't rocketed to earth as an infant and raised by parents who loved him from the get go. He was a grown man with a family and culture all of his own and he literally had to watch as it burned around him, keeping himself alive through sheer will even when he had no reason to keep going. It is that part of his character that appeals to me more than anything, above all J'onn respects and loves life. He's suffered losses that even the "darkest" heroes can scarcely fathom and yet while he has walked a similar path (defending others from ever suffering as he has) He does it in a completely different way. Daredevil, Batman and Wolverine may all send the message that you should pick yourself up no matter how hard you're hit, Jonn's the one who teaches us that you can do it with a smile. I just think that's an important lesson.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Constantine.

As flawed, as human as you can get, with the added dash of comic book heroics (occasionally). Despite his questionable tactics, he does what he does for the greater good, or simply because he hates bullies.

Don't mess with him, leave him alone, and despite his knowledge and power he will leave you alone. He doesn't want to rule the world or to save mankind - he just wants to get by.

Didn't read many comics with him tbh but I loved the movie with Keanu Reeves, don't hit me pls big grin.

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'll toss my vote in for OoT Link due to his intense determinator qualities. That guy will fight evil unto death and then unto eternity. awesome He makes Sisyphus look like a *****.

But if you'd prefer to keep it comicbook I'll give a nod to Spodermen. It's a tough call but he edges out the others for me. mmm

Link is great, OoT was also my first Zelda game and absolutely awesome, though I was a little bit disappointed by Majoras Mask.

Originally posted by One-Punch
Silver Surfer.

In his classic days when he was trapped on Earth, he was basically hated and detested by the human population, who'd go as far as to attack him for no good reason. He's commented a bunch of times about mankind's capacity for bigotry and violence.

For Surfer, being trapped on Earth was akin to "hell" for him, and he's had several monologues about how he yearns to travel the stars and see Shalla-Ba again. Being stuck on Earth was essentially torture for Surfer.

Despite this, Surfer has had multiple ways to free himself from his Earthly prison, but usually at the cost of human lives or danger to Earth. On these occassions, Surfer has always sacrificed his freedom and happiness (to be free from Earth), just to save lives of very same humans who hate and detest him.

His unrelenting altruism, even to those who hate him, make him awesome.

Yeah, you are right I remember a story where he met the Hulk, healed the Hulk and took his powers into him, becoming powerful to break through the barrier of Galactus and be freed from earth, but when he saw banner falling to his death he went back, gave him the powers back and was again trapped.

Wolverine use to be my favorite but Spiderman is slowly taking his place (sorry Stilt).

I believe you, bro^^. Spiderman noted.

My fav hero is captain America and next would be warlock

Thanos is my hero!!!!

So, who is it my friend, Captain America, who was also one of my faves during his time as US Agent, with the Vibranium Shield and Diamondback or Thanos? ^^

Originally posted by Warlord
@batman prime: no surprise his Miller issues were amazing. Bulseye -Electra - DD triangle was amazing to read and of course Born Again is one of the greatest stories ever. I always liked the first issues of Vol.2. Loved the art back in the day

Born Again? I didn't know it but will read it, thanks mate^^.

Originally posted by h1a8
Spider-man

So I took your vote for Spiderman, but your choices are both great thumb up . You are fyling with planes, a parachute or an wingsuit?

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Why? Cause HE
Drinks
Smokes
Does fun Drugs
Rides fun and flashy vehicles
Kills people for fun and profit
Dresses snazzy
and mainly
HE DON'T GIVE FLAMIN FRAG WHAT ANY ONE THINKS AND DON'T TAKE NO CRAP!

Hell yeah!

laughing That's a great reasoning ^^. I didn't read much with him but it was always fun, like against Hitman, though the best was the story where he died and neither heaven nor hell wanted him, he came back as a female, a squirrel IIRC etc. ^^.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor.

In the Marvel Universe, it's been said by other characters that Thor is almost like a superhero for superheroes. Widely considered to be the mightiest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Thor stands out to me because he is a literal god in a world filled with beings with godlike power, and while he's still loyal to Asgard, it's Earth and humanity who has won his heart. His stories are the stuff of legend (often literally) and he can find himself in virtually any genre, making for captivating and entertaining reads: science fiction, fantasy, classic superheroics, horror, and even be relevant in social issues, specifically when it pertains to religion.

And yes, while Thor is extremely powerful and does possess some of the greatest feats of his respective tier, it's never really been about Thor's power level that makes me like him. It's his character, which is often more complex and fleshed out than a lot of people (including writers) give him credit for. He also has some of the greatest smack talking lines of dialogue in comics. If Shakespeare wrote pro wrestling promos, they'd sound a lot like Thor.

thumb up He is definetly the end of the HH food chain and tapping into the trans tier imo. I need to catch up with him though^^.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe

IMO Spidey is the best @ what he does in his league and a couple above it. He may not be the best to other people and honestly I wasn't that much of a year ago but when I started reading him I realised that even though he's always beset by guilt and tragedy whenever his life starts to go good he still carries on trooping when he has no need to fight (such as during the AvX arc though he knows he will probably die, he still stays behind to cover their exit after they go to rescue captured allies and not only does he leave there in a better condition then the one Morlun left him in, he still managed to outsmart them whilst suffering severe blunt force trauma) cos..you know " with great power, comes great responsibility"
So in conclusion Spidey will always be my favourite and whilst I seem to be the only one enjoying the Superior arc I can't wait for Pete to come back and Carol everyone (Carol means to reem your Avengers teammates after something happens to you and they don't seem to notice and you go and tell them individually that they are ****ing **** ****ers)

Wow, Spiderman has indeed a great fanbased and he deserves it^^.

Originally posted by Magic Joe
Always been into the space scifi stuff so I really enjoy anything with Mar-Vell, Genis, and the Kree empire in it. Mar-Vell would be my fav hero. He's like a cosmic Captain America.

Wasn't he also connected to Rick Jones? But yes he is great especially the story where he died. What did you like best?

Originally posted by Golgo13
Grifter, because he inspires people.

Since the DCnU or even before? Don't know much about him tbh.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Mine should come as a surprise to nobody. As for my reasoning, eh, I'm not too sure. J'onn's backstory is easily one of the most tragic in all of comicdom. He wasn't rocketed to earth as an infant and raised by parents who loved him from the get go. He was a grown man with a family and culture all of his own and he literally had to watch as it burned around him, keeping himself alive through sheer will even when he had no reason to keep going. It is that part of his character that appeals to me more than anything, above all J'onn respects and loves life. He's suffered losses that even the "darkest" heroes can scarcely fathom and yet while he has walked a similar path (defending others from ever suffering as he has) He does it in a completely different way. Daredevil, Batman and Wolverine may all send the message that you should pick yourself up no matter how hard you're hit, Jonn's the one who teaches us that you can do it with a smile. I just think that's an important lesson.

thumb up He doesn't get enough love from DC imo, he would deserve it though.

Daredevil - 1
Superman - 2
Spiderman - 5
Hank Pym - 1
Alan Scott - 1
Sentry - 1
Cyclops - 1
Silver Surfer - 2
Thing - 1
Constantine - 1
Lobo - 1
Thor - 1
Mar-Vell - 1
Grifter - 1
Martian Manhunter - 1
(Captain America - 1)
(Thanos - 1)

Link - 1 because he is that awesome ^^.

maxivitopowe
IMO Spidey is the best @ what he does in his league and a couple above it. He may not be the best to other people and honestly I wasn't that much of a year ago but when I started reading him I realised that even though he's always beset by guilt and tragedy whenever his life starts to go good he still carries on trooping when he has no need to fight (such as during the AvX arc though he knows he will probably die, he still stays behind to cover their exit after they go to rescue captured allies and not only does he leave there in a better condition then the one Morlun left him in, he still managed to outsmart them whilst suffering severe blunt force trauma) cos..you know " with great power, comes great responsibility" and he still manages to wisecrack even after everything and whilst I'm all for the brooding antihero, Spiderman manages to keep on smiling and hoping

Golgo13
Hahaha, I was just joking about Grifter. I'd probably say Superman. Closely followed by Spider-Man.

LordofBrooklyn
Superman.

A being with the power to rule seeks only to serve. An alien who finds an attachment with his adopted world and becomes its greatest defender.

The best Superman stories involves him battling with the notion of making the world in his image rather than letting humanity do it.

ilikecomics
I would have to say that my favorite character is solar but my favorite story is superman: red son.

beatboks
Nope, its from the start. Superman and Batman were honorary members of JSA from the very first comic, Sensation Comic 3.

Your correct about one thing. Supes and Bats as honorary members. The comic however was "all Star, not sensation. Sensation comics was a purely All American owned publication while All Star was a Joint publication by national Comics (Superman), Detective Comics (Batman), and All American comics (GL/Flash).

The CEO of national partially funded the other two companies and had a small share in each but not a controlling one and they weren't wholly subsidiaries. Harry Donnerfield was the CEO of both national and Detective Comics and was who Max Gaines acquired funding from to launch All American. So while they did have some linked stories in the "cross over book" of All Star (which was why it was names such, it was the stars of three publishers) there solo stories were very much separate.

The DC emblem however does appear on the covers of the reprints of those comics but not the originals

abhilegend
Your correct about one thing. Supes and Bats as honorary members. The comic however was "all Star, not sensation. Sensation comics was a purely All American owned publication while All Star was a Joint publication by national Comics (Superman), Detective Comics (Batman), and All American comics (GL/Flash).

The CEO of national partially funded the other two companies and had a small share in each but not a controlling one and they weren't wholly subsidiaries. Harry Donnerfield was the CEO of both national and Detective Comics and was who Max Gaines acquired funding from to launch All American. So while they did have some linked stories in the "cross over book" of All Star (which was why it was names such, it was the stars of three publishers) there solo stories were very much separate.

The DC emblem however does appear on the covers of the reprints of those comics but not the originals
Yeah, I forgot about the name. My bad. It was later revealed that he was the inspiration behind JSA.

That's why Kal-L said that his society was the stuff of legends in JSA: Blackest Night.

http://i.imgur.com/OoQSABF.jpg

emporerpants
Superman, without a doubt. The first, the best. He's inspiring and embodies hope and the concept that Good is stronger than evil.

abhilegend
Originally posted by emporerpants
Superman, without a doubt. The first, the best. He's inspiring and embodies hope and the concept that Good is stronger than evil.
thumb up

StiltmanFTW

As long as that Spiderman is not Peter Parker, it's fine.

I thought Hulk/Gladiator were your faves?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
As long as that Spiderman is not Peter Parker, it's fine.

I thought Hulk/Gladiator were your faves?

No. Carver is merely a balanced and well-reasoned debater who argues fairly for whoever is in the thread.

deathlife
Captain America followed closely by Batman because they always win.

Estacado
Superman.While Im not really a big fan of him.
Imo Mos is an awesome movie not because of the great fight scenes.While Cavill might not be the best actor there were some great stuff.
Like when Jor El is speaking to Kal and tells : You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
Then he looks at the sun ,closes his eyes ,clears his mind and manages to fly for the first time.(Most epic super hero movie scene ever)

Other great monologue is... The people of Earth are different from us, it's true, but ultimately I believe that is a good thing. They won't necessarily make the same mistakes we did, but if you guide them, Kal, if you give them hope, that's what this symbol means. The symbol of the House of El means hope. Embodied within that hope is the fundamental belief the potential of every person to be a force for good. That's what you can bring them.

So Superman is the best.

I know its from the movie and not the comic....but phuck it...uhuh

Yamcha
I would talk about Sentry here but I already did so in the opening post to a similar thread I made ( http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=584519 ) talking about how he helped me overcome my mental issues and depression and all that jazz so I'll discuss the one who helped me just as much if not more so, maybe not as much mentally but certainly physically, the saiyan prince himself, Vegeta.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps954772c2.jpg

See I was always considered second best or just not quite good enough, an through out my family's history everyone has accomplished something great especially my grandfather (The dude ended up going from working in the mines to achieving his music goals and playing at the Grand Ol Opry, touring with Bill Monroe and even played with Hawkshaw Hawkins, then at 50yrs old won a footrace to the state capital from my town which is like a two hour drive, he was tied with a green beret who eventually dropped out, an was the only guy to finish but his shoes were stuck to his feet from where the blood was sticking to his shoes, said it felt like pulling his skin off when he removed them.) and my father who was a highly decorated Vietnam Veteran and also is a body builder who in his prime was benching like 600+ (A lot of my family is into that stuff...I'm talking even my 80 something year old Grandma still works out on the daily same with my 94yr old gramps who I mentioned earlier) I never quite found that niche (I was always pulled to Music and writing) but I knew I had the genes and a legacy to uphold, essentially a warrior race..but I was always passed and considered second rate compared to most, especially since I had weight issues and some mental wars raging nonstop upstairs (See the Sentry post), until something clicked, and I realized the only one holding me back was well...myself.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsc0c1780c.jpg

Thinking of Vegeta ascending past his limits inspired me to constantly push the normal boundaries, past the pain threshold even when my body feels injured or like it's on the verge of breaking and work at it daily, using the past to constantly propel me forward, surpassing the limitations I set for myself through sheer pride and dedication alone, it excites me each time I push myself past what I once thought was unreachable.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zpsb779b5f6.jpg

Crawling out of my own personal hell that I was stuck in for so many years I pulled myself out inch by inch, now back to the surface ready to go after my dreams no matter what stands before me..

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps4cd27c94.jpg

Stubborn? Maybe, but I'll get there and I won't settle for anything less. I went from a depressed drugged out suicidal alcoholic low life who wallowed in self pity and his mental issues (I wish I could just go back and kick the ever loving shit out of myself no expression..I'm ashamed there was a point where I was so weak..) to the healthiest and happiest I've ever been in my life to date, kicked all the addictions since I realized it was all in my head and am actually putting work into my body (I'm realizing I develop muscle a lot easier than a lot of my friends who would always show off muscle wise and they don't understand it either xD.)

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps1d12c226.jpg

I even have a whole new positive view on life and I wouldn't change even one of the damn things in my past be it the issues I struggled with, the loss of loved ones, or even the attempts on my life, cause they tempered me like a fine steel into who I am today. Whenever I start to feel weak I just think back to Vegeta's stubborn pride that never allows him to give up, no matter what trials he may face.

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y508/YamchaKMC/image_zps8f20df10.jpg

It also helps sometimes since I can do a dead on Chris Sabat Vegeta impression (I can also do a spot on "Macho Man Randy Savage" impression but that's neither here nor there..yes I make them talk sometimes..), that if I ever feel like I can't lift anymore or run any farther to yell at myself in that voice like "WHAT ARE YOU?! A LOW CLASS WARRIOR?! DO YOU REALLY EXPECT TO ACHIEVE GREATNESS AT THIS RATE CLOWN?! PATHETIC!!" XD

LordofBrooklyn
No. Carver is merely a balanced and well-reasoned debater who argues fairly for whoever is in the thread.

LIES!

StiltmanFTW
My sarcasm detector exploded after that post, lol.

carver9

This man is a genious.

carver9
Also, I forgot he said any character can be used. With that said, Goku is numero uno.

StiltmanFTW
Berserker Vegeta SSJ2 > Goku SSJ3. Canon.

Q99
Hm, I've got a couple, and it changes around a lot, but I'll go for my first DC hero who hooked me-

Cassandra Cain.

She has a negative upbringing, and was made to be an assassin. She turned against it on her own, though, as her own empathy made her realize what she was doing was wrong (and being able to see someone's emotions and then seeing them die at your hands is traumatic for a kid!). Batman helped give her direction, but she made herself a hero. And even as a hero, even while she's insanely good at what she does, she also has to struggle with built-in learning disabilities.

Not struggle with staying good, or whether she's doing too much (doubts I don't find compelling in heroes), but with a legit handicap, that she supplements with friends like Steph and Tim (who're both also way up on my list, as is Nightwing).

janus77
Hulk the best there is!
Hulk smash thread!

Did Hulk win puny BattyMan's thread?

Hulk! Smash!

cherry cola
If the real world was in trouble I would look for one superhero to for inspiration to save it and that would be Superman.

janus77
I would look to Edifice Rex. It gives me great comfort to know how absurd it all is.

Also, Bill Hicks.

JakeTheBank
thumb up to Yamcha's post.

----

Also, Captain phuckin' America. The ideal of what it means to be a superhero in Marvel, Steve Rogers has always fascinated me outside of the very obvious and sometimes heavy handed patriotic themes his stories encompass. This is a guy who found himself in a strange new era after having lost everything and everyone he had known and serves his country who needs him now more than ever and is even less willing to admit it.

He's beyond petty politics and administrative offices and is loyal only to the Dream. And while he's a proud American citizen, he's always done his part to help the world at large, even when American influence of any kind would be controversial or unwanted. I've always respected the character, but damn if Ed Brubaker didn't make me a hardcore fan.

Also, the following quote from Hercules just screams badassery and respect:

"On Olympus, we measure wisdom against Athena, speed against Hermes, power against Zeus....but we measure courage by Captain America."

Prof. T.C McAbe
Work, work, work, after it we have a X-Mas Party, I will count the votes and declare the winner at Sunday !! ^^.

Blue Area Vet
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7jdhbTbl21qzx87jo1_500.jpg

sneer

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

abhilegend
laughing out loud

beatboks
Yeah, I forgot about the name. My bad. It was later revealed that he was the inspiration behind JSA.

That's why Kal-L said that his society was the stuff of legends in JSA: Blackest Night.

http://i.imgur.com/OoQSABF.jpg

Oh no argument, it's definitely retconed that Kal was the influence for those characters. My point was only that originally (before the characters were "fully merged" into one continuity) Alan was used as that influence. The only time post merge i can recall that still being referenced was in All Star Squadron, but Roy Thomas was such a fan of the Golden age stuff he was a stickler for history. Yes he retonned a lot too but all his retconns were pretty much to fix inconsistent histories. Most of the title did a LOT to tie in the solo stories of the characters with the main team story with cameos regularly showing what missing members were doing

abhilegend
Oh no argument, it's definitely retconed that Kal was the influence for those characters. My point was only that originally (before the characters were "fully merged" into one continuity) Alan was used as that influence. The only time post merge i can recall that still being referenced was in All Star Squadron, but Roy Thomas was such a fan of the Golden age stuff he was a stickler for history. Yes he retonned a lot too but all his retconns were pretty much to fix inconsistent histories. Most of the title did a LOT to tie in the solo stories of the characters with the main team story with cameos regularly showing what missing members were doing
thumb up

Roy Thomas' golden age stories are sooooooooo good.

"Id"
Warren Ellis run of X-Man.

psycho gundam
This man is a genious.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rng3ee.jpg

"Id"
And Sinestro

Supra
Superman, Truth, Justice and the American way

Supermex
Spider-Man yes sir

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i40.tinypic.com/2rng3ee.jpg

Little do you know, carver spelled that on purpose. He is calling me a genius, but at the same time, a retarded genius.

Truly, his wittiness and wordplay knows no bounds!

Or he just doesn't know how to spell.

JayDaDon
Spider-man. As a superhero, he has such great balance. He doesn't have so much power that he can demolish everyone who comes his way, but he's more than powerful enough that no human would stand a chance against him. His fights IMO tie with Superman for most exciting and awe inspiring. His powerset and his rogues gallery fit together in perfect harmony.

As a traditional superhero, he's my favorite because he's just like a normal guy, who is naturally good at heart. He doesn't always make the right decisions. He made a desicion we all would make in the same situation. The wrestling manager wouldn't pay him, so with what was surely a shiteating grin, he told him to go phuck himself when he needed help. And it cost him his uncle. He is a guy who learns from his mistakes and never forgets. He's going to be crushed and his mistakes are constantly going to be brought to the forefront of his mind, even as the problems in his life as spidey and Peter Parker stack up. He'll complain. He'll ask himself what he did to deserve his misfortune. Just like us; but he does what he has to. He's going to do the right thing even when it feels like tearing off his own arm, no matter who stands in the way of getting it done.

ODG
Any answer that doesn't start with "Guy" and ends with "Gardner" is the wrong answer.

Don't be in the wrong, people.

Golgo13
Originally posted by ODG
Any answer that doesn't start with "Guy" and ends with "Gardner" is the wrong answer.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GG2_zpsfb995e9d.jpg

beatboks
thumb up

Roy Thomas' golden age stories are sooooooooo good.

F#% oath. When it comes to anything legacy/ history related RT is the unquestionable man

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by ilikecomics
I would have to say that my favorite character is solar but my favorite story is superman: red son.
Never read it tbh, have to catch up with so much... where should one start with Solar?

Originally posted by emporerpants

thumb up

Originally posted by deathlife
Captain America followed closely by Batman because they always win.

thumb up

Originally posted by Estacado
Superman.While Im not really a big fan of him.
Imo Mos is an awesome movie not because of the great fight scenes.While Cavill might not be the best actor there were some great stuff.
Like when Jor El is speaking to Kal and tells : You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.
Then he looks at the sun ,closes his eyes ,clears his mind and manages to fly for the first time.(Most epic super hero movie scene ever)

Other great monologue is... The people of Earth are different from us, it's true, but ultimately I believe that is a good thing. They won't necessarily make the same mistakes we did, but if you guide them, Kal, if you give them hope, that's what this symbol means. The symbol of the House of El means hope. Embodied within that hope is the fundamental belief the potential of every person to be a force for good. That's what you can bring them.

So Superman is the best.

I know its from the movie and not the comic....but phuck it...uhuh

Well said, good sir^^.

Also, I forgot he said any character can be used. With that said, Goku is numero uno.

You made your choice uhuh

Originally posted by Q99
Hm, I've got a couple, and it changes around a lot, but I'll go for my first DC hero who hooked me-

Cassandra Cain.

She has a negative upbringing, and was made to be an assassin. She turned against it on her own, though, as her own empathy made her realize what she was doing was wrong (and being able to see someone's emotions and then seeing them die at your hands is traumatic for a kid!). Batman helped give her direction, but she made herself a hero. And even as a hero, even while she's insanely good at what she does, she also has to struggle with built-in learning disabilities.

Not struggle with staying good, or whether she's doing too much (doubts I don't find compelling in heroes), but with a legit handicap, that she supplements with friends like Steph and Tim (who're both also way up on my list, as is Nightwing).

I missed her stories in Batman, the introduction and her background story. She reminds me of Logans daughter X-32^^.

Originally posted by janus77
Hulk the best there is!
Hulk smash thread!

Did Hulk win puny BattyMan's thread?

Hulk! Smash!

I would have bet it's the Silver Surfer. But yes Hulk wins every thread, Hulk doesn't have to smash puny Batman-Prime scared

Originally posted by cherry cola
If the real world was in trouble I would look for one superhero to for inspiration to save it and that would be Superman.

thumb up

Originally posted by "Id"
Warren Ellis run of X-Man.
Originally posted by "Id"
And Sinestro

So which one?

Originally posted by Supra
Superman, Truth, Justice and the American way

thumb up

Originally posted by Yamcha
I would talk about Sentry here but I already did so in the opening post to a similar thread I made) talking about how he helped me overcome my mental issues and depression and all that jazz so I'll discuss the one who helped me just as much if not more so, maybe not as much mentally but certainly physically, the saiyan prince himself, Vegeta.

All hail the Saiyan Prince^^. I take your vote for him.

Originally posted by Supermex
Spider-Man yes sir

thumb up

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Spider-man. As a superhero, he has such great balance. He doesn't have so much power that he can demolish everyone who comes his way, but he's more than powerful enough that no human would stand a chance against him. His fights IMO tie with Superman for most exciting and awe inspiring. His powerset and his rogues gallery fit together in perfect harmony.

As a traditional superhero, he's my favorite because he's just like a normal guy, who is naturally good at heart. He doesn't always make the right decisions. He made a desicion we all would make in the same situation. The wrestling manager wouldn't pay him, so with what was surely a shiteating grin, he told him to go phuck himself when he needed help. And it cost him his uncle. He is a guy who learns from his mistakes and never forgets. He's going to be crushed and his mistakes are constantly going to be brought to the forefront of his mind, even as the problems in his life as spidey and Peter Parker stack up. He'll complain. He'll ask himself what he did to deserve his misfortune. Just like us; but he does what he has to. He's going to do the right thing even when it feels like tearing off his own arm, no matter who stands in the way of getting it done.

A great choice. All should love Parker, except Stilt wink.

Originally posted by ODG

Why do you like him so much, what are you reasons? If I may ask? What story did you like best?

Originally posted by Golgo13
Hahaha, I was just joking about Grifter. I'd probably say Superman. Closely followed by Spider-Man.

You got me uhuh

Warlock - Daredevil

abhilegend - Superman
Rao Kal El - Superman
Golgo13 - Superman
LordofBrooklyn - Superman
emporerpants - Superman
Estacado - Superman
cherry cola - Superman
Supra - Superman

maxivitopowe - Spiderman
ScreamPaste - Spiderman (Link)
carver9 - Spiderman (Goku)
h1a8 - Spiderman
Supermex - Spiderman
JayDaDon - Spiderman

pym-ftw - Henry Pym

beatboks - Alan Scott

Enzeru - Sentry

-Pr- -Cyclops

Mindship - Silver Surfer
One-Punch - Silver Surfer

Epicurus - Thing

DarkSaint85 - Constantine

KuRuPT Thanosi - Captain America or Thanos
deathlife - Captain America

celeyhyga17 - Thor (I think at least ^^)
JakeTheBank - Thor

Flyattractor - Lobo

agic Joe - Mar-Vell

Martian_mind - Martian Manhunter

ilikecomics - Solar

Yamcha - Vegeta

Q99 - Cassandra Cain

janus77 - Hulks

"Id" - X-Man (Sinestro)

ODG - Guy Gardner

KMC has spoken, the biggest fanbase, the most loved Hero is:

1. Superman - 8
2. Spiderman - 6
3. Thor/SS - 2
4. Captain America/Sentry -1-2

Supra
SS4 Gogeta wrecks that whole room and hes even got some sensu beans on him

carver9
Originally posted by Supra
Black Hair non Super Saiyan Goku wrecks that whole room and hes even got some sensu beans on him

Correction.

Supra
Correction.

I love you dudesmile

LordofBrooklyn
The dominance of The House Of El is established once again!

As you were.

-Pr-
Next person to bring up Goku gets banned.

Epicurus
^Is that just specific to Goku, or to other DBZ characters as well? Or are you simply referring to the carverish manner in which people bring up Goku?

SquallX
Himura Kenshin from Rorouni Kenshin.

The guy is not the typical hero. He started killing in his early teens because he witness the death of his loved ones.

The man that save him became his second father, taught him how to use the sword. Kenshin had the mindset of a hero. He choose to work for the government and became a cold hearted killer so the same thing that happen to him would never happen to other kids.

He became there most dangerous assassin. The government won the war mostly because of him, and when it was said and done, when he could have retired and become a government stooge with money and power, he just walked away. All he cared about was a new era of peace.

He knew from the beginning, for an era of peace to be born, someone had to do the work.

He even went so far as to atone for his crimes by taking a no killing philosophy, even if said oath would lead to his death. He falters once or twice, but he always rose up even stronger.

-Pr-
^Is that just specific to Goku, or to other DBZ characters as well? Or are you simply referring to the carverish manner in which people bring up Goku?

DBZ Isn't allowed in debates on this forum, full stop.

I was kidding in this thread, as it's not really a debate thread, but if I see debate threads containing them, they'll be closed.

Epicurus
DBZ Isn't allowed in debates on this forum, full stop.

I was kidding in this thread, as it's not really a debate thread, but if I see debate threads containing them, they'll be closed.
Hey, not disputing your posts here, just asking because Yamcha mentioned how Vegeta was his fave character, but nobody bothered to point out the anime rule to him.

Yamcha
Hey, not disputing your posts here, just asking because Yamcha mentioned how Vegeta was his fave character, but nobody bothered to point out the anime rule to him.
http://i41.tinypic.com/1znof0o.jpg

Because ScreamPaste even asked if it was only Comic characters and the thread starter said Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Not necessary but it would make more sense though wink.

I'm not trying to start a war like the people saying "Goku beats this or that", I simply stated a character who has helped me through some troubled times even linking to a thread of mine at the start where I discussed The Sentry in the opening post, thought it was a bit funny in the Foreign Cinema one I talk about Sentry and here well the only one left is Vegeta. I love this site and have never done a single thing to try and upset the balance, I mentioned my character and dropped it.

Forgive me if I upset you somehow but honestly I'm not bringing any trouble upon anyone, but you'll notice if you read through the thread I'm not the only one who mentioned a character not from Comics. I admit it was a little unconventional but the question was a character who has helped you, so I shared my story, wasn't trying to paint a target on my back.

DarkSaint85
Yamcha, you're the worst.

Only kidding

Yamcha
Yamcha, you're the worst.
</3
http://i43.tinypic.com/24es0zo.jpg

Epicurus

Because ScreamPaste even asked if it was only Comic characters and the thread starter said

I'm not trying to start a war like the people saying "Goku beats this or that", I simply stated a character who has helped me through some troubled times even linking to a thread of mine at the start where I discussed The Sentry in the opening post, thought it was a bit funny in the Foreign Cinema one I talk about Sentry and here well the only one left is Vegeta. I love this site and have never done a single thing to try and upset the balance, I mentioned my character and dropped it.

Forgive me if I upset you somehow but honestly I'm not bringing any trouble upon anyone, but you'll notice if you read through the thread I'm not the only one who mentioned a character not from Comics. I admit it was a little unconventional but the question was a character who has helped you, so I shared my story, wasn't trying to paint a target on my back.
I don't have any sort of vendetta against you, I was merely trying to corner the evil tyrant Raoul by pointing out his heinous double standards!

Yamcha
I don't have any sort of vendetta against you, I was merely trying to corner the evil tyrant Raoul by pointing out his heinous double standards! http://i42.tinypic.com/2quk9l1.jpg

Ah sheesh my bad, sincerest apologies xD! I totally jumped the gun on that one haha.

Supra

Because ScreamPaste even asked if it was only Comic characters and the thread starter said

Someone smiling is shaking his head at you

iscaremonkeys
Spiderman. Just Fking spiderman

Well my favorite character without doubt is Alan Scot.

Abhi talks about Superman inspiring characters (which is true) but in the GA quite a few heroes were inspired and got into the business because of Alan Scot GL.

For me what's inspiring about him is more than just the heroism it's the higher standard he holds himself to.

He more than any character I can think of (even Clark/Kal, Thor etc) holds himself accountable to a ridiculous standard.

in All Star Squadron 20 when he believed he was responsible for Thousands of deaths by abuse of his power when he lost his temper over the perceived deaths of his friends he was about to destroy himself and his ring because "no one should wield that much power and live"
http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/beatboks01/media/All-StarSquadron20-Page22.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

In the annual that year (an supposed untold story of the JSA history to explain some drastic changes of the era that were never explained) When he failed to save a single boy who had a tree fall on him, he resigned as JSA chairman and as a member because if he wasn't so tired from all the pies he had his fingers in he would have figured out a way to get around his weakness as he always did. his failure in his eyes cost a life, not his weakness.

In JSA strange Tales he was prepared to give his ring up to a madman if he could do the world more good than he could with it.

I could list dozens of other stories but the simple fact that despite loving his wife and his kids he was never there for them because someone else needed him more is another example.

His character one that would never bow down even when in great despair. out of all GL.......Scott????

OMG YAMCHA IS THE BEST! LOOK AT THIS FEAT!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-gqlRNsT1XL4/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABk/6xDDori5OdY/photo.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Yamcha hate is stupid.

TRErOvknMVg

Scarlet315
This is a copy and paste from my post on "Why do you like spiderman (character) by killermover.......Not trying to sound corny but i like spiderman b/c of the way he makes a joke out of the everyday problems he has in his life as peter parker such as unpaid bills, dates with mary jane watson, felicia, or any fine a$$ women he happens to be with, or his boss. This gonna sound crazy but i try to emulate that at least with the joking in my head cause if not haha...I used his philosophy if that's what you want to call it and made it through college, didn't use it that much thru med school but wish i did. I need to get back to that parker state of mind cause everything as weird as it sounds became doable.

Oneness
^^**** that.

I wouldn't even think my own jokes were funny, just depressing.

maxivitopowe
a random vote from the net

GroggyGrunt

I agree except for one point: Spider-man needs to keep his humor. That's his thing, that's what made him my favorite hero as a kid. No matter how much he got shat on he would man up, do what needed to be done and try his damndest to inject some levity into the situation.

There was a crossover that had Spider-man and Batman working together against Carnage and the Joker (I only realize how awesome that is now that I've typed it). At one point, Carnage tells Joker about how much he admires him, because he gets the joke: life is meaningless in the long run.

The thing is, I always felt that Spider-Man always got that joke and took it in the other direction. Whereas Carnage (and other villains) took the "what I do to other people doesn't matter, because it's all meaningless" route, Spider-Man looked at it and said "what happens to me doesn't matter, as long as it's in the course of promoting what I believe to be a worthy meaning".

That's why I always held Spider-Man as my favorite super hero. It's just too damn easy to say "**** it" and lay waste to everyone you feel is deserving or wrong. It's takes way more discipline and strength (as well as insight) to approach those who you fight with a sense of compassion. Compassion = to suffer with; Spidey's had to deal with the temptation to kill on numerous occasions.

It was always fairly obvious that Spider-man's cornball humor was his way of lightening his own load...to approach things with the same "doesn't matter" mindset that Carnage later came to embody on the other side of the spectrum.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article/151_5-superheroes-rendered-ridiculous-by-gritty-reboots_p2/#ixzz2p14ij9kr

"Id"
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
So which one?

X-Man than Sinestro.

"Id"
Nate is completely diffrent from many of the Iconic superheros. Superman, Silver Surfer, Martian Manhunter, Thor....these are characters written as outsiders, to the human world. But I could not connect to none of these. They are God Born, God Empowered, or Alien to this world. Nate, although a mutant has a human connection, as a direct relative to the human race.

Which is what caught my initial eye, and created a connection. He is the human potential realized, formidable enough to challenge the High Born Extraterrestrial, God Empowered, or God Born. But not only that he is the Ultimate Outsider. He is dimensionally displaced. Not of this Earth, nor this Universe. He is from a cruel world, where the humans where hunted to the point of extinction, where the tyrant opted to pursue his twisted theology of survival of the fittest. Instead of creating a Utopian world for the Mutants, they are caged in horrible concentration camps to weed out the weak.

Created out of desperation, Sinister searched to create a bio weapon potent enough to challenge the High Lord. And successful he was. In Nate is greatest bio weapon in the history of man, inheriting the genetic material of Jean drawing on the Phoenix, and Scott's alpha genes. A man-child emerged from the nutrient chamber. His has the power to literately choke out the life of all living being telepathically. Or telekineticly reach out, and snuff out the sun.

After thwarting Apocalypse ambition, and thrown realities away to a world not his own, with all this power, and no control. His motives became, that no being would realize what Apocalypse did in his Era. Eventually his character matured, and with it his powers stabilized, and gain greater mastery of his ability. He picked a new ideology. Knowing those weaker them him would never trust/understand him, and accepting that he has no world of his own to return to. He decided to become the Shaman of the Human/Mutant tribe, and become guardian to the doorways to realities, acting as a mediator between lower and higher powers.

Superman protects the Earth.
Green Lanterns overlooks sectors in the galaxy.
Silver Surfer races across the universe to help those in need.
But X-Man, guards humans/mutants from being beyond their universe, and themselves.

And thats X-Man in a nut shell.

Demon_ninja3
My favourite superhero is the FLASH

golem370
Jack Kirby & Stan Lee

Blue Area Vet
Black Panther. Good man, but makes his own decisions and lives with consequences. Takes a back seat to exacty no one. Well respected among peers. Always prepared, always deadly.

ODG
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Black Panther. Good man, but makes his own decisions and lives with consequences. Takes a back seat to exacty no one. Well respected among peers. Always prepared, always deadly. He better prepare himself for an "Imperiex Rex" laden a$$-whuppin in Secret Wars. sneer

krisblaze
Captain Britain, easy choice.

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Black Panther. Good man, but makes his own decisions and lives with consequences. Takes a back seat to exacty no one. Well respected among peers. Always prepared, always deadly.

Always deadly, is that supposed to be a good thing?

Sounds like a terrible phucking hero if he's always ready to kill.

thumb down

Supermex
The Incredible Hulk the strongest there is !!

Nuf said!

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Supermex
Dracula the strongest there is !!

Nuf said!

golem370
Hero I don't know if I have one most inspiring to me naruto uzumaki imo.

Reflassshh
The governor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.