Zelda + Dynasty Warriors Spin Off??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://kotaku.com/zelda-is-getting-a-dynasty-warriors-ish-spin-off-on-wii-1485625889?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

HOLY SHEEEEIT.

That is unexpected as ****. Funny, just last night I was wondering how cool a Zelda game that was a proper hack and slash would be. I was already getting a Wii U when the new Zelda came out for it, but it looks like we'll be getting a proper game and this awesome spin-off. Day one.

ScreamPaste
My body is ready.

NemeBro
Can you play as anyone but Link?

BloodRain
Was thinking multiplayer when watching that.

BloodRain
A source tells me that Link is just one of the playable characters.

ares834
Looks meh. The bokoblins look way to weak/numerous.

Plus, I haven't been the biggest fan I've DW; I'd rather just have another Zelda game.

NemeBro
The combat if nothing else looks more fluid and stylized than the boring as **** stilted, robotic-feeling combat of DW.

Cyner
Time to fap, and then rewind time and fap again.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
The combat if nothing else looks more fluid and stylized than the boring as **** stilted, robotic-feeling combat of DW.

You should try One Piece then.

CosmicComet

Those animations are no different than what we have in Dynasty Warriors 8 that just came out a few months ago.

Hell, its probably the same damn engine.

Stealth Moose

That might be the graphic design choice and jiggle physics. The mechanics look identical to DW/WO/SW.

Bentley
Originally posted by ares834
Looks meh. The bokoblins look way to weak/numerous.

Plus, I haven't been the biggest fan I've DW; I'd rather just have another Zelda game.

You and everybody in the world. Even Iwata felt the need to say "remember this is not a part of the Zelda series", it speaks volumes of how much we shoulde expect from the game.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Bentley
You and everybody in the world. Even Iwata felt the need to say "remember this is not a part of the Zelda series", it speaks volumes of how much we shoulde expect from the game.
He said that so people wouldn't mistake this for Zelda U and freak out. It still looks interesting to me, the Bokoblins are plainly not going to be much more than the fodder enemy, anyway, as we see just from the trailer there are much more powerful enemies in game, and likely a lot more than we saw in a 1 minute trailer.

I'm stoked, this will help hold me over til Zelda U comes out.

Kostabot
Hmm I dunno, not really sold on the idea. I think Zelda should keep making Zelda style adventure RPG games and let DW do its thing. Don't know what the point of this is, other than providing an arcady hack and slash with a zelda theme... Focus on a decent addition to the saga, not a time filler that will taint the franchise.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
He said that so people wouldn't mistake this for Zelda U and freak out. It still looks interesting to me, the Bokoblins are plainly not going to be much more than the fodder enemy, anyway, as we see just from the trailer there are much more powerful enemies in game, and likely a lot more than we saw in a 1 minute trailer.

I just hope that 1) the story is good and 2) it is canon.

I've been an ardent Koei fan for well over a decade now, so I already know what I'll get as far as gameplay goes.

Their story-telling capabilites have also improved drastically the past few years.

Bentley

Again, the fact that Iwata has to speak up to the community to explain this game is not the Zelda U game everyone is waiting for sounds like a disaster waiting to happen as misinformed buyers see this title in the stores.

XanatosForever
Put this up in the Blue Oyster Bar, but figured it deserved to be here as well. Don't care if it's way too early for this, but hopeful characters to be playable in Hyrule Warriors:

Zelda
Bo
Ganondorf
Vaati
Midna
Aghanim

Off the top of my head.

The Scenario
Originally posted by Kostabot
Hmm I dunno, not really sold on the idea. I think Zelda should keep making Zelda style adventure RPG games and let DW do its thing. Don't know what the point of this is, other than providing an arcady hack and slash with a zelda theme... Focus on a decent addition to the saga, not a time filler that will taint the franchise.

Not sure I see how it's a time filler, unless you just mean our time. Zelda-U is still in production, and different teams are working on them. This game is not taking any resources away from the normal Zelda style, so I'm not seeing how this impacts Zelda-U in any way.

Do people think that this is somehow preventing other Zelda games from being made or something?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by The Scenario
Not sure I see how it's a time filler, unless you just mean our time. Zelda-U is still in production, and different teams are working on them. This game is not taking any resources away from the normal Zelda style, so I'm not seeing how this impacts Zelda-U in any way.

Do people think that this is somehow preventing other Zelda games from being made or something?

He means something that'll feed his Zelda fix until the Zelda-U comes out.

ScreamPaste
I'm not sure what everyone's so worried about, Nintendo always keeps an eye on any game where one of their IPs is in use, Other M, and Metroid Prime are both examples of this, the gameplay in those games was amazing.

This will in all likelihood turn out to be awesome, and it in no way negatively impacts Zelda U.

ares834
mmm

Link's Crossbow Training...

That's all I see when I look at this trailer.

NemeBro
I'm not sure what everyone's so worried about, Nintendo always keeps an eye on any game where one of their IPs is in use, Other M, and Metroid Prime are both examples of this, the gameplay in those games was amazing.

This will in all likelihood turn out to be awesome, and it in no way negatively impacts Zelda U.

Other M was horse shit though.

Also, Nintendo sometimes ****s up handling its own ****ing IP, so it isn't like they are infallible.

Get of Miyamoto's dick fajet.

Sacred 117
Yeah. Other M was a horrendous narrative setback. I pray that's considered non-canon as a result.

ScreamPaste
Other M was horse shit though.

Also, Nintendo sometimes ****s up handling its own ****ing IP, so it isn't like they are infallible.

Get of Miyamoto's dick fajet. No, Other M was golden from a gameplay standpoint, the bitching comes from them mistreating Samus as a character. The gameplay was solid. Hell, it was stellar gameplay wise.

And when has Nintendo mishandled their own IP in the last decade? uhuh

NemeBro
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Sfcboxart.jpg

Sacred 117
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Sfcboxart.jpg

Something else I would like considered non-canon. Again, for narrative purposes.

Stealth Moose
The only true canon is SFX Chip-Powered Star Fox.

Bentley
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
The only true canon is SFX Chip-Powered Star Fox.

Starfox 64 is solid though. Starfox 2 should be released in the 3DS, how is it possible they haven't done it yet?

Stealth Moose
Starfox 64 is solid though. Starfox 2 should be released in the 3DS, how is it possible they haven't done it yet?

More or less because a lot of the content, sans the two new pilots, were integrated into later titles. Plus once Fox and co. got shoe-horned into that dinosaur epic, the quality of the series declined.

Nemesis X
Impa confirmed playable.

Zack Fair
Pretty cool that Link has a curvaceous busty witch in love with him. About time.

Nemesis X
z107NbGUIOk

Nemesis X
Now there's going to be characters added never before seen.

S9Bj_8UkI-0

She looks silly but those spells look pretty damn awesome.

ScreamPaste
Just going to say it: ****ing stoked.

Sacred 117
Just going to say it: ****ing stoked.

Idk why, but just because that came from you, it sounded vaguely more like "OMG, can't f**king wait for super shonen LoZ!!!"

No disrespect, man. haermm

NemeBro
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Now there's going to be characters added never before seen.

S9Bj_8UkI-0

She looks silly but those spells look pretty damn awesome. Who the **** is Lana?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Idk why, but just because that came from you, it sounded vaguely more like "OMG, can't f**king wait for super shonen LoZ!!!"

No disrespect, man. haermm haermm I actually just want some new Zelda content to hold me over until Zelda U which is probably more than a year away.

A new Link to argue about doesn't hurt either. This one hits things with the moon to knock them down so that he can kill them properly.

BloodRawEngine
Who the **** is Lana?

On pigtail short of getting on stage and singing "The World is Mine".

NemeBro
Right?

She's a ****ing Vocaloid.

Nemesis X
JG4MmruUGHY

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss298/rentreality/whaaaaaat.jpg

ScreamPaste
Going to main her.

The Renegade
Going to **** her.

*Holds wrists out.*

XanatosForever
http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/chris_hansen_dateline_nbc.jpg

The Great Fairy theme at the end makes me think there's a connection between her and them. I'm not at all surprised to see the cute angle being played up. Dynasty Warriors has always had collection of playable characters that just have no business on the battlefield. They're occasionally some of the most entertaining characters to play, too. In the original Samurai Warriors, I was in love with Okuni, and I still adored her in the Warriors Orochi crossover. She was admittedly one of the few for me, though. Kunoichi was a cheeky ***** always after Hanzo's shadow cock, and Oichi was just...No. no expression

On an semi-unrelated note. That ending, WTF? haermm

ScreamPaste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avMj0zeOVP0
FI. PLAYABLE.

NEVERMIND, MAINING FI. ALL OF MY TENS OF YESSES.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/07/famitsu-reveals-fi-as-a-playable-character-and-more/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=famitsu-reveals-fi-as-a-playable-character-and-more

BloodRawEngine
Not even gonna pretend to give a damn, but seeing as how Midna was already confirmed-thus Fi isn't essentially taking a spot from her-I don't mind it.

Ghirahim can go **** himself though. I'll onlly tolerate that ass-clown being in if this game offers an Empires-esque character creator so I can make myself and beat the ***-shit out of him.

Of course that's also what the Mii Fighter in SSB can be used for if he ends up in that game too, but I digress.

ScreamPaste
Hey man, your loss. SS > TP

I was actually getting dismayed by all of the TP related content in the game, and was worried we wouldn't see much from other games. This put me at ease, since I really wanted to see Fi again.

BloodRawEngine
Yeah no.

ScreamPaste
Ball and chain confirmed, and Link can drop it and pick up other things, INCLUDING ENEMIES, to beat his enemies senseless with. haermm That's ****ing great.

Also Fi, best partner, has screenshots up now of her move set. I have rarely been so hype.

Also Ghirahim is indeed in the game, but whether he is playable hasn't been said, might just be a villain.

Lek Kuen
I imagine most villains will be playable, like they were in the Fist of the Northstar version. No proof though

The Renegade
Originally posted by Lek Kuen
I imagine most villains will be playable, like they were in the Fist of the Northstar version. No proof though

Are the FotNS games any good?

Lek Kuen
The first one is. The second is literally the same game and story with somehow less content/features in the levels. though they added a few characters.

BloodRawEngine
I never got around to playing the second Ken's Rage, but I enjoyed the first one on a personal level even though it had a slew of fundamental flaws that fortunately lessened when you learn to adapt. The second one at least looks a little faster with the character responsiveness and animations.

And best partner was confirmed since E3.

ScreamPaste

NotAllThatEvil
so has tingle been announced yet?

ScreamPaste
You can only have one pimp per harem.

NotAllThatEvil
you know it's going to happen.

XanatosForever

Nemesis X
Zelda using the Wind Waker:

Y1CvBK1N8e4

BloodRawEngine

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
My impression on the Fi trailer. Sorry but, DW-ifying her didn't change my mind. The idea of turning into a sword for some attacks is funny though, but it comes off as kinda unintentionally so.

I'm still waiting to see the villains trailers, if they're at all playable. Which yes, they sure as **** better be.

http://mrblainefox.tumblr.com/post/92067514043/a-new-video-was-released-for-hyrule-warriors

That's about what I had to say on the matter, but I give points for creativity.

Also, does anyone else kinda wish for Lana to go yandere? I found another Tumblr post that just made me suddenly think that would be hilarious. She ain't the worst thing I've ever seen or anything, but she isn't really coming off as much more than the cutesy Koei throw-in for me. I don't wanna say bland cuz it ain't, but just kinda out of place. I mean you can't make that stupid J-Pop idol pose and not expext to be judged.

Besides, if they can weaponize the Wind Waker and the Master Sword's built-in GPS, I think they can friggin' make Hero's Shade playable. I think the character that taught you every special attack in TP has some in-game potential.

Him and Darunia. If they can't think of anything special, just friggin' base him on Meng Huo with rolling.

Oh, and Orca. For god's sake how'd I forget to mention that. They can do something funny and make him built like that Bleach character or something.
highly approve this post.

ScreamPaste

Besides, if they can weaponize the Wind Waker and the Master Sword's built-in GPS, I think they can friggin' make Hero's Shade playable. I think the character that taught you every special attack in TP has some in-game potential.

Him and Darunia. If they can't think of anything special, just friggin' base him on Meng Huo with rolling.

I'd love to see the Hero's Shade make an appearance, I doubt it'll happen though, because then we'd technically have two Links on the roster, HW Link and OoT's Link. So it'd be great, but I won't get my hopes up.

Darunia would be manly. His finisher? BIG GORON HUG.

Fi's still awesome, fek u.

NemeBro

Also, does anyone else kinda wish for Lana to go yandere? No, I just wish she would go away.

BloodRawEngine
I think it's a pretty trivial reason to just snub Hero's Shade when it's pretty much a spin-off that's practically made for characters like him. The Hero's Shade inherently had a sense of mystery to him, it's just that that mystery was kinda easy to theorize on. Besides, I doubt it's something they'll try too hard to bring up in the game considering it was mostly implication in TP.

On the subject of Darunia and gorons, the staff has said another new character will be revealed this week, and sources say it had a style that implied a Goron type character to be playable.

And still, not even.

BloodRawEngine
Speaking of me having needed a laugh, I found this a while ago.

http://mage-vaati.tumblr.com/post/86777250645/me-trying-to-explain-shia

ScreamPaste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luk-ABuMxGA

Link with the power gloves. This looks absurdly fun.

Nemesis X
Screenshots confirming Princess Ruto, Darunia and Sheik:

PLvAzjMy_aI

ScreamPaste
2c8EEXL3L8c MY HYPE CANNOT BE CONTAINED.

Tzeentch
looks bad

Wei Phoenix
Looks like One Piece is still going to be the best licensed game.

Ridley_Prime
Would've thought for sure someone else would've posted it by now, but..

4Vfh3YpvxHQ

Who needs Smash's Falcondorf now?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch
looks bad Why?

I think it looks all right, and it looks fun for hardcore fans.

---

Who the hell is Lana? LOL@chicken army

Ridley_Prime
Normally I find Dynasty Warriors kinda meh. Can get boring after awhile before too long, at least for me. Main reason this installment will sell is because of the Zelda paint job. May still get it at some point though.

Ganondorf with that SSJ3 long hair. ~

Sacred 117
Yeah. If Japanese media has taught us anything, it's "more badass hair = more badass power!"

Zack Fair
Yeah. If Japanese media has taught us anything, it's "more badass hair = more badass power!" Oh and being blonde.

Nemesis X
So does this mean with Ganondorf confirmed, it will be playable bad guys announced from here on out? 'Cause I'm still waiting for Skull Kid/Majora.

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Who the hell is Lana? LOL@chicken army

Xiao Qiao with blue hair basically. Anyone who plays Dynasty Warriors knows who I mean.

Also, Midna's got two things: A wolf subordinate, and it goin' on.

Lek Kuen
I wasn't going to buy.

But then I saw that ganondorf

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

ScreamPaste
I am so hyped for this. You don't even know.

Zack Fair
<3 Midna.

The more Midna the better.

Zack Fair
So I take it you all have Wii U? I might get one over an Xbone...so you all better fkn play Wii U uhuh

Sacred 117
So I take it you all have Wii U? I might get one over an Xbone...so you all better fkn play Wii U uhuh

Wise choice, friend! thumb up

I'll see you on the battlefield. estahuh

ScreamPaste
So I take it you all have Wii U? I might get one over an Xbone...so you all better fkn play Wii U uhuh If you do grab one, make sure you grab Wonderful 101, it's ****.

NemeBro
Game looks okay.

Zack Fair
If you do grab one, make sure you grab Wonderful 101, it's ****. I'll make sure to get that. Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8.

It is time for me to give Nintendo some love after so many years.

Edit

Was doing some browsing and I think I'll get the Wind Waker HD Wii U bundle. Didn't know Wii game were compatible with Wii U. Looks like I'll be able to play all the Wii games I missed during my schism with Nintendo. This keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to get my hands on the check.

Is the internet subscription based?

Zack Fair
Actually I just saw the Mario Kart 8 version and thats the one I will be getting.

ScreamPaste
As always with Nintendo, online is free.

Lek Kuen
Get monster hunter when you do

Nemesis X
Speaking of online, I wish Hyrule Warriors had multiplayer. Would be cool if it had a Versus mode.

Lek Kuen
That's Koei being tards.

They put dynasty warriors on pc with no online play. Local only

ScreamPaste
Get monster hunter when you do Definitely this. Also when MH4 comes out, MY HYPE.

Lek Kuen
Definitely this. Also when MH4 comes out, MY HYPE.

Not a fan of it being 3ds only, but I will be buying it for sure

Zack Fair
No online for Hyrule Warriors is really lame/lazy.

Zack Fair
I never ever played a monster hunter but sure I'm willing to give it a try. At this point in time I'm willing to try whatever Nintendo throws at me lol.

ScreamPaste
Monster Hunter is addictive, ridiculously so. Fair bit of 'grinding' in it for certain parts but 3U seems to have fixed that to an extent and frankly the game is just t!ts.

NemeBro
Shame I never got the ****ing online working for 3.

ScreamPaste
Isn't that because you could never figure out how to get online on your console for some weird ****ing reason? haermm Literally you just go to multiplayer and boop, online.

NemeBro
My Wii sucked yeah.

Zack Fair
So the Wii U is backwards compatible with the Wii right? So I can just get the games and boom?

ScreamPaste
Yes, backwards compatible. Still MH3U > MH3. More monsters and shit.

Bentley
I'll be up to do some monster hunter when Four comes to Europe.

I'm guessing nobody has MH3 for Wii U?

ScreamPaste
As a matter of fact, yes, yes I do own 3U.

Lek Kuen
I have it for both 3ds and wii u

Bentley
Good, it'd be cool to hunt some wild beasts down the line, I might buy a Wii U next month thumb up

Zack Fair
Yes, backwards compatible. Still MH3U > MH3. More monsters and shit. I'm liking the Wii-U more and more. With it I will have all my gaming bases covered. PS4, PC(am getting a gxz 770 on october for the graphics whore in me(because PS4 doesn't even cut it) woot and Wii U for Nintendo shenanigans. **** yah

Lek Kuen
Oh shit. Are we gonna have a full hunting party?

Zack Fair
Yeeep. When is this 4th MH coming out? I don't wanna get the current one only to have to buy the new one a few months down the road.

Lek Kuen
Yeeep. When is this 4th MH coming out? I don't wanna get the current one only to have to buy the new one a few months down the road.

Early next year but tis just 3ds because Nintendo wanted to cock slap the vita

Sacred 117
Should probably make an actual MH thread. haermm

Lek Kuen
The rules state that any and all Nintendo games can be discussed in any and all threads pertaining to Nintendo exclusives

Sacred 117
Didn't know. Carry on, then!

Zack Fair
Not sure if serious

Lek Kuen
<_<

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Speaking of online, I wish Hyrule Warriors had multiplayer. Would be cool if it had a Versus mode.

Vs Mode in a Warriors game never goes well. I don't think this game would be any different.

Lek Kuen
It is dumb there is no co op though

ScreamPaste
It does have co-op, just not online.

Lek Kuen
It does have co-op, just not online.

Which is what I mean. Dumb.

Multiplayer games in this day age by companies with the budget for it need online play. Anything less is retarded

It's not 2003 anymore

Ridley_Prime
Well at least there's online co-op for Bayonetta 2 from what I heard, but yeah. Still doing this local only co-op practice for other games is dumb.

Zack Fair
Which is what I mean. Dumb.

Multiplayer games in this day age by companies with the budget for it need online play. Anything less is retarded

It's not 2003 anymore Agreed.

Wei Phoenix
The Warriors games and Koei have always been weak in the online co-op department. One game may have online, one version won't. One won't let you play online story mode with someone unless you both beat the game or beat it up to a certain part. One won't let you privately invite someone to a story mission.

NemeBro
**** online co-op.

I applaud Nintendo for forcing you fat sacks of shit with no friends to actually go out and find some to play with.

Couch co-op is dead, but at least Nintendo is trying to resuscitate it.

Lek Kuen
I fully blame Koei for this not nintendo. They are idiots

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
The Warriors games and Koei have always been weak in the online co-op department. One game may have online, one version won't. One won't let you play online story mode with someone unless you both beat the game or beat it up to a certain part. One won't let you privately invite someone to a story mission.
Doesn't make it right erm, though I guess some of the options for those other games were better than nothing.

**** online co-op.

I applaud Nintendo for forcing you fat sacks of shit with no friends to actually go out and find some to play with.

Couch co-op hasn't really been dead per se, though it's equally uncool when certain games only have online co-op and not local, like Dead Space 3. Else I would've played through it with one of my local friends on his copy.

While I can't speak for others, for me it's usually the issue of finding a friend who would actually want to play couch co-op on a certain Nintendo game with me, than it is not having any friends at all. Guess it doesn't help that most of my current RL friends are anti-Nintendo fanboys, as opposed to other friends I grew up with that I'm not able to see anymore.

Zack Fair
**** online co-op.

Couch co-op is dead, but at least Nintendo is trying to resuscitate it. They can resuscitate it and have online coop too.

Really lame. Still looking forward to this game, but meh.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Doesn't make it right erm, though I guess some of the options for those other games were better than nothing.

Couch co-op hasn't really been dead per se, though it's equally uncool when certain games only have online co-op and not local, like Dead Space 3. Else I would've played through it with one of my local friends on his copy.

While I can't speak for others, for me it's usually the issue of finding a friend who would actually want to play couch co-op on a certain Nintendo game with me, than it is not having any friends at all. Guess it doesn't help that most of my current RL friends are anti-Nintendo fanboys, as opposed to other friends I grew up with that I'm not able to see anymore. True. That pisses me off too. And it happens a lot more.

I would have loved to be able to play BF missions on local coop like you can online. Sigh.

Dramatic Gecko
**** online co-op.

Agreed.

Oh and I can't wait to play the shit out of this game when I got down to Melbourne!!! IT WILL BE AMAZING!!

deepdoop
**** online co-op.

Hey, I wanna quote you too!

I applaud Nintendo for pretty consistently including couch co-op, even though I don't really play couch co-op much anymore. The only time it affects me is when my brother comes home and we need to do couch co-op, but I do feel sad that it's not an option for a lot of games these days.

However, and this is what really irks me about Nintendo, they take something and they just don't get it. Forcing one person to use the Gamepad while the other uses the TV screen is a load of shit. Make that an option, but let us play on the television screen together.

The sad thing is that despite the Playstation being my primary console, I'm a Nintendo fanboy at heart and always make their consoles my secondary choice. It just infuriates me how they **** up simple things, like -- and I know this is a bit of a tangent -- online aspects of their games. The fact that they haven't commented on whether Mario Maker is going to let us share our levels with strangers online is unforgivable because that is literally a deal breaker... if you can only share your levels with your friends, what's the point? Presumably they will allow net sharing, but the thing with Nintendo is, you never know.

Sacred 117
So... Do any of you actually have this? I'm still tentatively contemplating getting it, but I'd like some additional verdicts first.

ScreamPaste
GAME IS GLORIOUS.

Fi is just about the best thing ever. Seriously great. Her bonk>bonk>bonk>BLAM combo lets her clear enemies so fast it's actually mind boggling, so capturing keeps is basically achieved by accident, and she can power herself up before unloading on bosses, I'm almost certain her power up stacks with focus, she's a complete rape train.

Also the story is surprisingly well done. Cia doesn't exist purely to pine for Link and shit, for example, Lana is fairly inobtrusive, and they're crazy consistent with the previously established lore. (So far, anyway. I'm not done the game, yet)

Ushgarak
It's not brilliant, but it IS a lot of fun, and it does have a close eye on the lore. Keep all that in mind and it's a good buy.

ScreamPaste
Changed my mind about Lana, she can die in a fire.

Edit: Nevermind, she's annoying but not as bad as I thought.

ScreamPaste
I've played it a week straight. NO REGRETS.

Bentley
I've played it a week straight. NO REGRETS.

I guess it's training to play the Dynasty Warriors version of the much better franchise Dragon Quest thumb up

ScreamPaste
Give dragon quest Zelda Paint and we'll see!

Bentley
Give dragon quest Zelda Paint and we'll see!

You just can't beat this:

http://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3325/3559649958_2981fc59a5_z.jpg

Sacred 117
OK. So, I've had this game for a little under a week now -- NO REGRETS!

I have to say, I was a little apprehensive at first. Reasonably so, because 1) For more reasons than I can name (ironically none of which are in this game smile) , I don't give a shit about the actual DW franchise, and 2) the last time a Nintendo IP was adapted by someone else, Other M was the result, and Team Ninja was coincidentally behind that as well as this.

Now that I've actually had my own hands on it, I can gladly say that all is forgiven. big grin

Bentley
the last time a Nintendo IP was adapted by someone else, Other M was the result

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze begs to differ.

ScreamPaste
OK. So, I've had this game for a little under a week now -- NO REGRETS!

I have to say, I was a little apprehensive at first. Reasonably so, because 1) For more reasons than I can name (ironically none of which are in this game smile) , I don't give a shit about the actual DW franchise, and 2) the last time a Nintendo IP was adapted by someone else, Other M was the result, and Team Ninja was coincidentally behind that as well as this.

Now that I've actually had my own hands on it, I can gladly say that all is forgiven. big grin But Other M was a really good game, and the largest problem with it was just that the writers are super bad at Show Don't Tell, and marginalized Samus' prior development.

Bentley
No Metroid game has been really good since Super Metroid smile

I'm just teasing you because you went to defend Other M instead of highlighting DKCR like I did uhuh

Sacred 117

???

But Other M was a really good game, and the largest problem with it was just that the writers are super bad at Show Don't Tell, and marginalized Samus' prior development.

It's enough to ruin a game, though. I get the feeling they learned from that and actually thought to keep respects to the source material here.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

No Metroid game has been really good since Super Metroid
Eh, while it's easily one of the top contenders of the series, there were some that I feel aged better than it (have a soft spot for it though due to being the 1st or 2nd Metroid that I got to play firsthand), but even the ones inferior to Super (being at least most of them) shouldn't be lumped with Other M quality-wise.

Tzeentch
No Metroid game has been really good since Super Metroid smile

I'm just teasing you because you went to defend Other M instead of highlighting DKCR like I did uhuh The Prime series is the greatest three games Nintendo has ever had under their banner though.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Tzeentch
The Prime series is the greatest three games Nintendo has ever had under their banner though.

I wouldn't say that, but yeah, Prime series = the shit. thumb up

Bentley
Metroid Prime wasn't even the best game Nintendo launched on 2002, let alone in Nintendo's whole history uhuh

???

It was made by Retro, not Nintendo. It was released after Metroid the Other M.

Sacred 117
It was made by Retro, not Nintendo. It was released after Metroid the Other M.

Damn. That's right. I forgot about that. haermm Yet another sweet-ass game. big grin

Anyways, my point was that Team Ninja was on Other M AND this. Hence my initial concern.

The Scenario
Metroid Prime wasn't even the best game Nintendo launched on 2002, let alone in Nintendo's whole history uhuh

I respectfully disagree.

Lek Kuen
Isn't Retro part of Nintendo though?

Unlike Team Ninja

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by The Scenario
I respectfully disagree.
Same here.

Bentley
Isn't Retro part of Nintendo though?

Unlike Team Ninja

Yes, good point. Same with Monolith.

Indieszero then? The two NES Remixes were also released after the Other M.

Zack Fair
What Nintendo game was better than Prime in 2002; Wind Waker?

If that is the case...then Damn. That is a tough contender.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>