Thor and Silver Surfer Vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Caps Conscience
How does this go.

Zack Fair
Darkseid

leonidas
seid.

carver9
Depends on how Thor and Surfer fights.

zopzop
Surfer!

MF DELPH
I've always wondered what the consensus was on Odin's enchantment of Mjolnir versus the Omega Beams/Effect. Do people think Mjolnir could absorb/block/redirect the Omega Effect, or would Darkseid's power trump Odin's enchantments?

deathslash
Depends, if we're talking about NU52 Darkseid then he wins with some measure of difficulty. If we're talking about pre-flashpoint Darkseid then he wins as easily if not better than Thanos would against these two.

janus77
Surfer.

And the hammer.

brownqk
If Supes can solo Darkseid then Thor and Silver Surfer obliterate him...

-Pr-
Forum myth.

janus77
Originally posted by -Pr-
Forum myth.
Never heard of him, what's his best feat?

pym-ftw
Mjoinir has absorbed energy well above Herald level,

Imo, Thor has the best chance of any Herald of beating DS solo but its not for any real majority.

panthergod
Originally posted by brownqk
If Supes can solo Darkseid then Thor and Silver Surfer obliterate him...

Except that Thor and Surfer have directly failed to defeat Darkseid already.

Superman at Darkseid beating levels is just that formidable.

abhilegend
Darkseid.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I've always wondered what the consensus was on Odin's enchantment of Mjolnir versus the Omega Beams/Effect. Do people think Mjolnir could absorb/block/redirect the Omega Effect, or would Darkseid's power trump Odin's enchantments?

Mjolnir would stop it more often than not. At the very least, it would block the beams.

abhilegend
It can't stop the omega sanction which traverses time/space. Omega beams were also gaining on FTL Flashes which is just ****ing awesome.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_FC07-012.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_FC07-013.jpg

Even if Thor deflected the beams it would come back and Thor doesn't have superman's speed to dodge omega beams.

mighty adam
Superman beating Ds is pis plus he drove back a avatar never the real Ds.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by abhilegend
It can't stop the omega sanction which traverses time/space. Omega beams were also gaining on FTL Flashes which is just ****ing awesome.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_FC07-012.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_FC07-013.jpg

Even if Thor deflected the beams it would come back and Thor doesn't have superman's speed to dodge omega beams.

Mjolnir itself can traverse time and space. I don't see why it couldn't stop the Sanction.

If Thor sent them back or deflected the beams, you'd have a point. But there's nothing stopping Mjolnir from just stopping them outright. Plus Thor can make impenetrable shields/vortexes, too (which is less likely than him just using Mjolnir to block the beams).

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mjolnir itself can traverse time and space. I don't see why it couldn't stop the Sanction.

If Thor sent them back or deflected the beams, you'd have a point. But there's nothing stopping Mjolnir from just stopping them outright. Plus Thor can make impenetrable shields/vortexes, too (which is less likely than him just using Mjolnir to block the beams).
Not to the extent Sanction does. If Darkseid wants, he can just send mjolnir to past or future like he did to Slobo and Forever People. Good luck summoning it then.

I don't. Omega beams can catch up to FTL flashes, Thor would be like a statue to them.

panthergod
Originally posted by mighty adam
Superman beating Ds is pis plus he drove back a avatar never the real Ds.

Superman defeating Darkseid was a measure of his physical power and formidability, which is well beyond Thor or Surfer's.

Anytime Darkseid ever encountered a conventional physical being it was a manifestation. Those are distinct from his lesser avatars.

JakeTheBank
Not to the extent Sanction does. If Darkseid wants, he can just send mjolnir to past or future like he did to Slobo and Forever People. Good luck summoning it then.

I don't. Omega beams can catch up to FTL flashes, Thor would be like a statue to them.

Honestly, based on everything Mjolnir has blocked or stopped before in comics, I don't see why Mjolnir can't stop the beams when Diana's bracelets can and Superman himself can endure them with pain. If you're arguing against Thor dodging them outright, sure, but the odds are on Mjolnir being able to stop them more often than not.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by panthergod
Superman defeating Darkseid was a measure of his physical power and formidability, which is well beyond Thor or Surfer's.

Anytime Darkseid ever encountered a conventional physical being it was a manifestation. Those are distinct from his lesser avatars.

While Superman's physical power might be above Surfer and Thor, their respective power sets and abilities aren't well below Superman's. erm

abhilegend

JakeTheBank
The Omega Sanction is projected like a beam of energy, not unlike the Omega Beams. Mjolnir's blocked all kinds of energy and even after Immortus stripped away the time traveling power from Mjolnir, it still commands a degree of influence over time and space. To that end, I don't see why Thor can't use Mjolnir to block the beam considering he's battled against forced teleportation attacks before. If this was like Darkseid snaps his fingers and Thor is instantly gone, okay, but Mjolnir's track record is too good and varied to assume that the Sanction would just no sell it, imho (provided it's projected in the form of energy).

abhilegend
The Omega Sanction is projected like a beam of energy, not unlike the Omega Beams. Mjolnir's blocked all kinds of energy and even after Immortus stripped away the time traveling power from Mjolnir, it still commands a degree of influence over time and space. To that end, I don't see why Thor can't use Mjolnir to block the beam considering he's battled against forced teleportation attacks before. If this was like Darkseid snaps his fingers and Thor is instantly gone, okay, but Mjolnir's track record is too good and varied to assume that the Sanction would just no sell it, imho (provided it's projected in the form of energy).
Post one scan of Thor blocking a temporal BFR attempt by mjolnir. You're applying no limit fallacy on mjolnir that if its an energy beam, mjolnir would block it. Its a teleportation beam and mjolnir has been teleported away before.

JakeTheBank
Post one scan of Thor blocking a temporal BFR attempt by mjolnir. You're applying no limit fallacy on mjolnir that if its an energy beam, mjolnir would block it. Its a teleportation beam and mjolnir has been teleported away before.

You're acting as if I'm saying Thor could block Living Tribunal from blasting him. It's not a no limit's fallacy, it's acknowledging what Mjolnir can and has done to energy beams ranging from the mundane to the extremely powerful and of varied effects. If anything, you're arguing that the nature of the Omega Sanction is beyond Mjolnir just because.

Silent Master
You're acting as if I'm saying Thor could block Living Tribunal from blasting him. It's not a no limit's fallacy, it's acknowledging what Mjolnir can and has done to energy beams ranging from the mundane to the extremely powerful and of varied effects. If anything, you're arguing that the nature of the Omega Sanction is beyond Mjolnir just because.

He's arguing that the Omega Sanction is from DC therefore nothing in Marvel can stop/block/absorb it.

abhilegend
I ask only one scan of mjolnir resisting a temporal BFR. Not too hard seeing how Thor has like 10 thousand appearances of blocking powerful energies.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
He's arguing that the Omega Sanction is from DC therefore nothing in Marvel can stop/block/absorb it.
laughing out loud @ this poor attempt of baiting. Apparently mjolnir=marvel.

Silent Master
laughing out loud @ this poor attempt of baiting. Apparently mjolnir=marvel.

I was talking to Jake and it's rather obvious that it wasn't a serious post, next time I'll include a big grin , since you seem to be unable to spot a joke on your own,

abhilegend
I was talking to Jake and it's rather obvious that it wasn't a serious post, next time I'll include a big grin , since you seem to be unable to spot a joke on your own,
You never joke against Batman/Superman/Darkseid.

Silent Master
You never joke against Batman/Superman/Darkseid.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

mighty adam
Logically omega beams are from dc it probably wont have the same effect in the marvel universe its a aspect of the dc one above all. Same with the infinite gems in dc its useless. Or ghost rider fighting in the dc universe hell be powerless his god holds no weight there. So Ds eye beams would probably be just heat vision or even less to Thor. For the sake of the argument they fight in a neutral universe Ds omega still is greatly weakened its not a power of the source here so its pathetic. Still Ds can probably just beat Thor half to death physically so aye. But Thor is a beast and I haven't even added Ss DS wins in my eyes but not by a majority like 6/10.

abhilegend
roll eyes (sarcastic)
I know, right.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The God Bomb was killing every God who ever lived or would live, exploding simultaneously through all moments of time, a bomb that ran on time. Arguing that a temporal effect would prevent Mjolnir from absorbing energy in light of something like that is...well....everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Not to mention it's own manipulation of time/space is just as tremendous:
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/RageOfOlympus/Thor/ThorvsGrowingMan5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/InvisibleIntangibleAbility.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesShieldEffectTime1.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesShieldEffectTime2.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesShieldEffectTime3.jpg
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/CreatesShieldEffectTime4.jpg

And so on.

Not to mention Odin's enchantment:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/CreatesAtmosphere1-1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/CreatesAtmosphere2.jpg

So there's it's ridiculous energy absorption, own considerable manipulation of time/space and the fact that it will always return to his hand, even through dimensional barriers that the Silver Surfer himself cannot pierce.

abhilegend
Is Rage trying to use god bomb as an example to mjolnir resisting temporal BFR?

crylaugh

That's like saying Darkseid BFRs himself outside of time and lets the universe destroy itself.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-01.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-02.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-03.jpg
4. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-09.jpg
5. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-12.jpg
6. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/TheLegion029-07.jpg

So many leaps of logic.

Also most of those are localised time manipulation feats, why don't give a single scan of mjolnir returning from another time. A good laugh at it being as tremendous as omega beams though.

-Pr-
Really don't see why mjolnir wouldn't give Thor a chance at resisting Darkseid's attacks, even for a short time.

Surfer'd be ****ed, though.

janus77
Surfer wouldn't even be touched by Darkseid. Not a thing Darkseid can do to catch Surfer or attack him directly.

-Pr-
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer wouldn't even be touched by Darkseid. Not a thing Darkseid can do to catch Surfer or attack him directly.

Except a good deal of his energy/physical attacks.

janus77
Which Surfer would nonchalantly evade or tank.

Not as if he's fighting Tenebrous or Aegis here. Surfer's definitely had his low showings but, most of them were pre-Annihilation and he has had hugely impressive showings of physical strength and damage soak beyond anything Darkseid can deliver.

-Pr-

Not as if he's fighting Tenebrous or Aegis here. Surfer's definitely had his low showings but, most of them were pre-Annihilation and he has had hugely impressive showings of physical strength and damage soak beyond anything Darkseid can deliver.

Pretending that Darkseid is some chump that can't hit Surfer would be just as bad as pretending Darkseid is T&A level, tbh.

This is a guy that has stomped DC's best heralds, casually at times too.

abhilegend

Like the time Karnilla oneshotted him?

mmm

One-Punch
Temporal bfr wouldn't work on Surfer for long. Surfer has travelled back and forward in time multiple times, and without much effort. In fact he's done this with Thor by his side before, so even if Thor were to get bfr in time ( even though I think mjolnir can counter), Surfer can retrieve him just as easily.

abhilegend
Originally posted by One-Punch
Temporal bfr wouldn't work on Surfer for long. Surfer has travelled back and forward in time multiple times, and without much effort. In fact he's done this with Thor by his side before, so even if Thor were to get bfr in time ( even though I think mjolnir can counter), Surfer can retrieve him just as easily.
Surfer isn't being BFRed, mjolnir is.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by panthergod

thumb up

h1a8

If Thor sent them back or deflected the beams, you'd have a point. But there's nothing stopping Mjolnir from just stopping them outright. Plus Thor can make impenetrable shields/vortexes, too (which is less likely than him just using Mjolnir to block the beams). Wow, now how does Thanos beat Thor again?

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Burn.

Rao Kal El
^Now I am curious to see what instance is being mentioned here.

bbrem123
Darkseid

Epicurus
Well, Mjolnir did cross dimensions to travel towards Thor while the latter was trapped within the Demogorge's colon at that time. Doubt that means it can overcome a temporal bfr though(does it even have time manip abilities anymore?).

Anyways, which Darkseid is this?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Epicurus
Well, Mjolnir did cross dimensions to travel towards Thor while the latter was trapped within the Demogorge's colon at that time. Doubt that means it can overcome a temporal bfr though(does it even have time manip abilities anymore?).

Anyways, which Darkseid is this?
No, its time manipulation capabilities were removed by Immortus. It has some sporadic feats of affecting time but nothing more.

Epicurus
edit

carver9
Have a question. Why are people debating Pre Reboot Darkseid? We use current versions of each. Now, can someone post scans of Current Darkseid doing anything resembling what has been mentioned in this thread?

9jaboy

hope ur not talking bout some hammer swing to a silver head cos darkseid's got fists. surfer's silver skull gets taken out first easily.

janus77
Originally posted by 9jaboy
hope ur not talking bout some hammer swing to a silver head cos darkseid's got fists. surfer's silver skull gets taken out first easily.
As if Surfer is just a physical body. PIS isn't in this fight, Surfer doesn't have a purely physical body. He reforms from atoms and exists within everything, as he has shown before.

And even in a purely physical exchange, Surfer's taken attacks from Hulk, from Tenebrous and Aegis ... He's not going to be too challenged by Darkseid.

abhilegend
As if Surfer is just a physical body. PIS isn't in this fight, Surfer doesn't have a purely physical body. He reforms from atoms and exists within everything, as he has shown before.

And even in a purely physical exchange, Surfer's taken attacks from Hulk, from Tenebrous and Aegis ... He's not going to be too challenged by Darkseid. laughing out loud

9jaboy

And even in a purely physical exchange, Surfer's taken attacks from Hulk, from Tenebrous and Aegis ... He's not going to be too challenged by Darkseid.
yeah now that is lols worthy....
Surfer is not even a threat to darkseid to begin with...i'd say he gets owned in a few punches.(and i'm not talking 'omegabeam',mind you)

Estacado

thumb up
Surfer can only be beaten by abstract lvl mexicans.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Epicurus
(does it even have time manip abilities anymore?).

Yes it does.

I still don't understand why the Omega Beams having temporal abilities will mean Mjolnir will be unable to absorb it.

Supermex
Originally posted by carver9
Have a question. Why are people debating Pre Reboot Darkseid? We use current versions of each. Now, can someone post scans of Current Darkseid doing anything resembling what has been mentioned in this thread?

Your so right
True that

pym-ftw
Originally posted by h1a8
Wow, now how does Thanos beat Thor again? ABC logic?

JakeTheBank
Wow, now how does Thanos beat Thor again?

How does that have anything to do with what I just said?

iceman24567
Darksied imo

Badabing
How does that have anything to do with what I just said? Darkseid is in this thread. That means no matter what Thanos is brought up. That time off from KMC has left you rusty. stick out tongue

mighty adam
Darksied in dc is a skyfather. His prep skills are better then batmans final crisis ring a bell. Surfer and Thor will not get treated like puss thors hammer has hurt some of the most powerful beings in marvel, fck thors hammer probably can kill darksied but...darksied can lay the ass woopin quicker and more devastating then the two plus I'll say his durability is greater.

ODG
wat

Igniz
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes it does.

I still don't understand why the Omega Beams having temporal abilities will mean Mjolnir will be unable to absorb it.

I do believe Mjolnir can block,absorb or redirect it.Which was shown in this scene where Thor faced a being with the power of 10,000 Gods.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6253/493935-thorvsglory05.jpg

h1a8
Destroyer split Mjolnir with mere hand beams.
But Thor doesn't always block energy beams, especially those coming from Thanos.

JakeTheBank
Destroyer split Mjolnir with mere hand beams.
But Thor doesn't always block energy beams, especially those coming from Thanos.

Destroyer operates on a whole other level than Thanos (and Darkseid for that matter, imo) when it comes to sheer firepower. Those "mere hand beams" would phuck up pretty much anyone.

And no, Thor doesn't always block energy beams. But when he attempts to, his track record of blocking/absorbing/redirecting said beams speaks for itself.

Supra
Thor'SS wins

abhilegend
Attacks that were chasing and gaining on FTL flashes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.