The Celestials have an axe to grind...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

janus77
Exitar's pissed off at the no-name Celestials and their pathetic performance against a mere enchanted axe, he order The Celestials to go salvage some shred of their once pristine and shining dignity, from the Asgardian rabble.

ALL of Asgard, Thor, Loki, Odin and all his toys (Destroyer armour etc), are ready for The onslaught. They've had days to prepare (Celestials are never ones for swift action).

The Celestials attack as follows:

1) A random teapot headed Celestial turns up on Sunday.

2) A minor named Celestial turns up to aid his colleague (if he is still alive) on Monday.

3) Two more kitchen-wear headed Celestials of no name turn up on Tuesday, to carry the fight against Asgard.

4) Exitar's fury at the continued resistance proves too much and he joins the fight on Wednesday.

How long can Asgard hold out, will they see it to Odin's day? Will they see Thor's day?

zopzop
Dude, they (the Celestials) all die sad

janus77
It looked like Thor was screwed when Exitar turned up. The Watcher seemed to think so too...

I'm guessing the Axe only worked on hand ninja level Celestials.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Asgardian magic can kill Celestials.....

Then you have Odin in the Destroyer etc.

I'd like to see Odin fight a Celestial one on one in modern times. Their original battle had them on a completely different level but Odin was at his lowest and the Celestials were at their highest in respective standings. People seem to forget that the fight took place when Celestials would have treated even other cosmic entities similarly.

The next two issues of Uncanny Avengers shall prove to be....interesting. An executioner Celestial seems to be the most powerful. I'm guessing either Thor beats Exitar with the axe or he offers up the axe as penance for Exitar to leave Earth alone.

zopzop
Originally posted by janus77
It looked like Thor was screwed when Exitar turned up. The Watcher seemed to think so too...

I'm guessing the Axe only worked on hand ninja level Celestials.
We'll see but I'm not holding out any hope. Remember the enchantment was made SPECIFICALLY to counter Exitar (the Celestial executioner).

janus77
Originally posted by zopzop
We'll see but I'm not holding out any hope. Remember the enchantment was made SPECIFICALLY to counter Exitar (the Celestial executioner).
Yes but it was also meant to only penetrate their armour not outright kill them ... I'm betting it won't have much effect on Exitar (if he does actually fight Thor + axe or rather, Axe + whoever).

I suspect Rage's scenario #2 might be the way it plays out. Thor offers up the Axe and Valkyrie offers to take it from behind ... Exitar, upstanding man that he is, takes the deal.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by janus77
Yes but it was also meant to only penetrate their armour not outright kill them ...

Not necessarily. Yes, Thor wanted an axe that could simply cut through their armor but he used a spell meant as a defense mechanism against the Executioner.

Anyways, at this point the abilities of the axe are clear:
http://s17.postimg.org/f4uz3g0a3/Uncanny_Avengers_015_020.jpghttp://s17.postimg.org/fiwb31kdn/Uncanny_Avengers_015_021.jpg

It has the power to kill Celestials. Also, Exitar's f*cking huge, larger then the planet.

janus77
Exitar looked like he was about to mount the planet.

I'd be careful if I were Exitar, you don't know where the Earth's been. Not sure Celestials have medicals.

Anyway, I'm still holding out some hope of them resolving this with some degree of continuity remaining.

the Darkone
Exitar is back with a vengence and bigger too, damn what they been feeding this boy it sure hell isn't Wheaties!!

Branlor Swift
Thor is going to kill Exitar.

Though it'd be neato if Exitar was redirected to the Apocalypse Twins at the end and just obliterated all of them... especially Sentry. But this arc seems to drag on till at least February so that seems unlikely with Exitar already rendering verdict (though that's Arishem's job)

Bentley
Arishem renders the veredict but Exitar is going rogue.

Hope this means we'll be getting an Exitar ongoing where he fights street level characters. Written by Bendis.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Bentley
Arishem renders the veredict but Exitar is going rogue.

Hope this means we'll be getting an Exitar ongoing where he fights street level characters. Written by Bendis. I hate you for making me laugh at that.

Also, it appears the Twins get their revenge on Kang in February or at least the revenge is "complete"

Not sure Exitar can live two issues in an arc full of things absolutely nowhere near as powerful as him

DarkSaint85
I misread this as the Celestials have an ass to grind.

Diesldude
Has it been told who put the enchantment on the axe?

janus77
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I misread this as the Celestials have an ass to grind.
That too, though not sure whose it will be, yet.

deathlife
Originally posted by Diesldude
Has it been told who put the enchantment on the axe?

Thor read the enchanment from a script or something in Odin's possession.

It was Kang (who disguised as Loki) that played him though.

Epicurus
The Celestials get killed if the Asgardians have that axe as part of their prep. Unless Remender ends up retconning that entire showing as Celestials merely playing along with the twins or some such sh1t, or that the axe can only kill Celestial Gardeners etc.

h1a8
Odin sword couldn't even kill the Celestials and that sword was enchanted by Odin as well.

JakeTheBank
That page with Exitar is phucking awesome.

Galan007
Is this Exitar's first showing since Sue killed him back in F4 #400? If so, it'll be an even bigger ElOhEl @ him if Thor spanks that ass.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
Is this Exitar's first showing since Sue killed him back in F4 #400? If so, it'll be an even bigger ElOhEl @ him if Thor spanks that ass.
laughing out loud

Wonder Man
Thor has to put the blade in Shaman of Alpha Flight's pouch or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.