Transcendence

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=91807

P55YYdj6OX4

Esau Cairn
Official trailer?

Man, I got nothing from that at all...

Kazenji
Found out that there's second teaser trailer with Morgan Freeman talking in it

and here it is

Em9YuN50wuo

Firefly218
Is that first trailer narrated by johnny depp?

siriuswriter
^Yeah, that's him. Isn't it nice to hear him talking in his real-life voice?

I personally cannot wait for this movie.

Oneness

Kazenji
Originally posted by Oneness
There's already a thread for this.

Well what do you know

the search is broken.....

because i can tell you, I typed Transcendence in and it wasn't appearing 3 hours ago roll eyes (sarcastic)

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well what do you know

the search is broken.....

because i can tell you, I typed Transcendence in and it wasn't appearing 3 hours ago roll eyes (sarcastic)

Try using google. Search sucks

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218
Try using google. Search sucks

Most likely will now

the search on here seems to work only when it decides too.

BruceSkywalker
watched the trailer.. looks good

Kazenji
fxcmNJhvnrc

Patient_Leech
Uuuuhh... tf? wacko

So many trailers coming out, goddamn..

Kazenji
The other two don't show much

its just Johnny Depp & Morgan Freeman talking.

Patient_Leech
I know. I don't mean just for this.. I mean for a bunch of major movies:

X-Men, Noah, Jupiter Ascending, Godzilla, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Edge of Tomorrow... etc, etc...

It's like it's the start of some 2014 battle.

Lestov16
Movie looks excellent. Depp needs a good movie after The Lame Retard...I mean Lone Ranger.

Kazenji
Have you even see that movie or are you only going on how well it performed at the Box office?.

Lestov16
I saw the film on bootleg (no way is my hard earned cash being wasted). Do you actually like the movie, and if so, why would you root for the Lone Ranger's massive incompetence?

Kazenji
Yes, I actually did like the movie except for how they had Tonto was telling the story to the kid

Come on he was basically getting forced into the role by Tonto and was question things.

Kazenji
Since the 15 min rule is up

Yes, I actually did like the movie except for how they had Tonto was telling the story to the kid with the first viewing...but i'm okay with it now

Lestov16
Your opinion is your own, but IMO the movie was unnecessarily long, boring as shit, had massive tonal shifts, and had the most incompetent protagonist in film history.

jaden101
Sooooo...

It's Lawnmower man?

Lestov16
But with more nude trannies.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Lestov16
Your opinion is your own, but IMO the movie was unnecessarily long, boring as shit, had massive tonal shifts, and had the most incompetent protagonist in film history.

That just shows this generation of people

Need more movies like Crack...Hoorah!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lestov16
That just shows this generation of people

Need more movies like Crack...Hoorah!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yes, how dare I not root for the protagonist whose incompetence gets an entire Native American tribe slaughtered. This generation should worship incompetence! Schindler's List? Hah! He should have failed and let all of the Jews die. Then it would have qualified as a good film by your standards laughing

WTF is Crack? (and if you are mistyping Crank, I didn't particularly like that movie, and it's clear you wouldn't, since the protagonist is, you know, competent at what he does and all laughing out loud )

Kazenji
Yes, how dare I not root for the protagonist whose incompetence gets an entire Native American tribe slaughtered.

He was a young indian kid Like he really knew Cavendish and Cole were going to kill his entire tribe roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lestov16
So again, you think Lone Ranger (who since the 30's has been portrayed to always save the day, a la Superman) being an incompetent dumbass who fails to stop a genocide is an acceptable thing. OK. I suppose you would have enjoyed TDKR better if Batman just let Gotham get nuked. Failure and incompetence. Why doesn't our generation have these values?! laughing

Kazenji
Yeah....great, If you want to keep talking about this go revive the Lone Ranger thread.

Lestov16
Nah, I'm done.

Back to Transcendence though, I can't wait for this movie. The evolution of intelligence, technological singularity, intelligence to the point that one can start manipulating reality, all intriguing concepts which I love being explored. Between this and Interstellar, it's going to be a great sci-fi year. smile

I just hope the movie doesn't suck. As Prometheus showed, a good trailer does not make a good movie.

jaden101
But with more nude trannies.

I'm in.

Lestov16
Why do you think it's called Transcedence? I wonder how they'll get the CGI dick on Helen Bonham Carter.

Kazenji
Your thinking of a Tim Burton movie, jackass.

Lestov16
Hot diggity. Homeboy is steamin laughing out loud

A) It was a more-blatant-than-the-moon-crashing-into-NYC joke
B) She was in The Lone Ranger, which is not a Tim Burton film, so I guess while you were guzzling your haterade you forgot about that little tidbit smile.

It's OK. I completely understand how you are so childish that you are still butthurt like you were fisted by the Hulk about a subject that was dropped at your request. You can cry. No one will pity you (except for, well, everyone laughing out loud )

Kazenji
No, I dropped the subject because it was starting to go off-topic

this one is for the movie Transcendence, Unless of course there's some sort of hidden anagram in the word "Transcendence" which translates to Lone Ranger which you can see....otherwise shut the **** up.

Lestov16
No, I dropped the subject because it was starting to go off-topic

this one is for the movie Transcendence, Unless of course there's some sort of hidden anagram in the word "Transcendence" which translates to Lone Ranger which you can see....otherwise shut the **** up.

Dude? Are you phucking insane? blink

Seriously. Was your weed laced? Were you in a case of car whiplash recently? Because you have completely, ridiculously, and entirely misconstrued every single morphogram of my post.

The ONLY reason I brought up the Lone Ranger in this post:

B) She was in The Lone Ranger, which is not a Tim Burton film, so I guess while you were guzzling your haterade you forgot about that little tidbit smile.

is because I proved you wrong when out of fisted-Hulk-level butthurt

Your thinking of a Tim Burton movie, jackass.

you tried and failed miserably worse than Helen Keller trying to make a sniper shot while skydiving to point out some kind of flaw

in my obvious-joke post:

Why do you think it's called Transcedence? I wonder how they'll get the CGI dick on Helen Bonham Carter.

You seem to think that I mentioned the Lone Ranger again because it was still on my mind. You are completely wrong, to the point that I think you forgot to dry your hands before you plugged in the toaster. The reason I mentioned it again is because I disproved your little butthurt attempt at trolling a harmless joke. So now, not only has your "correction" (laughing out loud ) been disproven and your butthurt exposed, but you can't even comprehend the context of a paragraph. Now again, you can explain what happened. Were you forced to drop out of school in the 2nd grade to deal drugs to feed your family? Were you walking out of your house and icicle fall on your head? Again, any reason for this lack of basic sentence comprehension and basic sapient reasoning is acceptable and forgivable by me.

Sorry to be harsh, but stupidity like this must be confronted and destroyed with the greatest might possible, to save the poster them self from using such illogical reasoning to make the important decisions.

And to finally abort this fetus and rip out the umbilical cord like that stupid religious bytch from Prometheus, a horrible film, here are my thoughts on Transcendence, what looks like a great film:

I can't wait for this movie. The evolution of intelligence, technological singularity, intelligence to the point that one can start manipulating reality, all intriguing concepts which I love being explored. Between this and Interstellar, it's going to be a great sci-fi year. smile

I just hope the movie doesn't suck. As Prometheus showed, a good trailer does not make a good movie.

Kazenji
Hooray your right...i guess that makes you feel awesome

lets move on.

Lestov16
Indeed, jackass wink (now we move on)

So any new news on the film? Or the trannies?

Firefly218
I thought Prometheus was a good movie confused

Kazenji
Its a good movie not without its own flaws of course

also for Transcendence there was another one of them viral vids which was released

here we go

3jULZR8qiQc

Lestov16
Between this and Interstellar, which one are you more looking forward to, Kaz? Although this looks good, it seems a little..."Hollywoodish", whereas Interstellar seems to be striving to be a Kubrickian masterpiece of art a la 2001.

Kazenji
More this

never really been a big Kubrick fan, Only like two of his films at most.

Lestov16
Indeed. Well, luckily for you, this film comes out first. We'll both be looking forward to it.

Supra
fxcmNJhvnrc

We finally agree on something, THIS MOVIE LOOKS SICK!!!

Kazenji
^ This clown.

Supra
So we don't agree this movie looks sick?

Supra
Just saw trailer in theater, still looking good.

Patient_Leech
http://amazingstoriesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/transcendence-poster.jpg

http://cinemadeviant.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Transcendence-movie-poster.jpg

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2014/02/Transcendence-Poster.jpg

Kazenji
There's also a new trailer, I haven't watched it.

Kazenji
So this movie flopped at the U.S. box office.

Esau Cairn
Is Morgan Freeman becoming the most stereo typed actor out there?

Looks like the same role he's playing here to the one in Lucy.

Although I'm only judging by the trailers...

Patient_Leech
It also appears to be bombing at the Review Office, too... 19% on RT

Kazenji
Who gives a **** about RT.

Firefly218
Who gives a **** about RT.

Movie producers, critics and millions of fans

Kazenji
I don't.....at most i read reviews but usually take them with a grain of salt

i form my own opinion.

Impediment
This is just The Lawnmower Man 2014.

The critics are destroying this movie.

Lestov16
It's hilarious because I was really looking forward to this, but completely lost interest when I saw the trailer for Lucy, which is more like what I was expecting from this film (hell, it even has Freeman in pretty much the exact same role laughing out loud ). Quite honestly, I'm not too surprised at the reviews. I have a free movie pass, and I was going to use it to see this, but I'm going to reserve it for Godzilla. I'll see this when it comes to a cheaper theater I guess.

jaden101
The more I see of this the worse it looks.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
It also appears to be bombing at the Review Office, too... 19% on RT People who like movies that critics don't almost always deride critics, but damn... even the audience rating is under 50%. F*ck this movie, I'm not giving it money.

Lexington
I heard some bad feedback on this although some movies are much better than reported... I do feel this is a lawnmower man rehash..

Lestov16
laughing out loud the reviews for this film sound hilarious. Apparently, innocent murdering terrorists are supposed to be in the objective right. I can't believe I was hyped for this.

Time Immemorial
Who has seen it, it got awful reviews.

Epicurus
I am 100% convinced that Oneness wrote the script of this film. Saw it yesterday, and complete piece of crap.

TBH, some B-rate movies can be said to have better direction, plotline, character chemistry and some fundamental sense of coherence than this messed up piece of hilarity.

To anyone who's yet to watch this movie, follow Lucien's example and don't bother. You'll only be wasting your money.

Time Immemorial
Never going to see this movie..screw it.

Lexington
PirateBay FTW

Kazenji
I've seen one review

basically saying if your looking for a movie to be thought provoking with an examination at humankind's interaction with technology....this isn't for you then.

Mindship
Saw it yesterday. First of all, this is not Lawnmower man 2014. Secondly, the worst thing about this movie wasn't so much the ideas but the acting. Even Morgan baby seemed to be going through the motions, through his usual this-is-me-amazed-at-what's-happening lines like a Freeman simulacrum.

One bright spot, sort of: the RIFT chick (big dark eyes, bleached blond hair) was hot in a near-freaky kinda way.

Stealth Moose
Kate Mara?

Lestov16
Ever since I saw her in House of Cards, she's been popping up everywhere. TBF, I saw her in AHS after HOC, and she probably did AHS first.

Mindship
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Kate Mara? She be the one. Looking at her google images, she's reminding me now of a friend from my high school days.

Stealth Moose
She is hot. I saw her first in Ironclad, which is on Netflix btw.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Mindship
Saw it yesterday. First of all, this is not Lawnmower man 2014. Secondly, the worst thing about this movie wasn't so much the ideas but the acting. Even Morgan baby seemed to be going through the motions, through his usual this-is-me-amazed-at-what's-happening lines like a Freeman simulacrum.

One bright spot, sort of: the RIFT chick (big dark eyes, bleached blond hair) was hot in a near-freaky kinda way.

I too seen it yesterday

at most i give the movie a 6.5 or 7/10

Mindship
^ 'bout right (maybe the 7 for Kate Mara).

BruceSkywalker
just got back from seeing this..

horrible film.. the premise is good, however poorly executed by the screenwriter then by first time director Pfister.. The acting s^cked.. Kate Mara's role should have gone to her sister who would have done it better. the narration between Freeman, Bettany and Depp was basically the best thing.. Bettany, Murphy and Hall should have spoken in their natural voice..

3/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.