Batman vs Black Panther(who is smarter)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut74
Overall intelligence who is smarter?

deathslash
I've seen T'challa make way more insane crap than batman, he also created the Falcon's wings, and has matched wits with Doom, Iron man, Reed Richards, and several others. I'm pretty certain that Panther is smarter.

janus77
Panther, imo.

Less prep examples to count on, which will count against him, but Marvel put him in the Pym, McCoy, Parker bracket, which I'd say places him above Batman.

LordofBrooklyn
Black Panther with ease.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Black Panther with ease. I know BP is good but with ease?

I don't know man there is some good sh!t in here:
http://batmanfeats.blogspot.com/p/intellectresources.html

leonidas
depends on what we're measuring. i'd say bruce is smarter overall in the sense that he is an expert in more disciplines, but in purely scientific matters, i'd give it to BP, though i wouldn't say the gap was all that large. i doubt either one would be capable of talking over the others' head in next to anything.

namorsubby
Marvel slant. Batman's smarter.

juggernaut74
What is BP's greatest scientific feat? What is Batman's?

namorsubby
Too many to pick one. Maybe the creation brother eye? A lot of his instances of learning and manipulating previously unknown tech quickly is extremely impressive.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by namorsubby
Too many to pick one. Maybe the creation brother eye? A lot of his instances of learning and manipulating previously unknown tech quickly is extremely impressive. He also created the security of the JL Watchtower and created his own teleporter. Anybody know BP's?

maxivitopowe
Parker

SamZED
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Parker thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by leonidas
depends on what we're measuring. i'd say bruce is smarter overall in the sense that he is an expert in more disciplines, but in purely scientific matters, i'd give it to BP, though i wouldn't say the gap was all that large. i doubt either one would be capable of talking over the others' head in next to anything.

thumb up

Decimus
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Parker

confused

Prof. T.C McAbe
Black Panther is a poor mans Batman uhuh

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Black Panther is a poor mans Batman uhuh

Racist.

Badabing
Black Panther is a poor mans Batman uhuh mmm

Insane Titan
Panther

Batman is over rated

Boss16
Not really he's defeated people way above his league single handedly.

maxivitopowe
The only right answer is Parker

Boss16
The only right answer is doom or reed.

juggernaut74
What is BP's greatest scientific achievement?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm

no expression

You wouldn't dare!

angry2

or

would you?

http://msn.mess.be/data/thumbnails/378/scared.jpg

juggernaut74
Black Panther is a poor mans Batman uhuh That would be true if he was poor.

Badabing
no expression

You wouldn't dare!

angry2

or

would you?

http://msn.mess.be/data/thumbnails/378/scared.jpg laughing out loud

I'm gonna get Marwash with the same gag.

Supra
BP

YFZ 350
Batman imo.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Boss16
Not really he's defeated people way above his league single handedly.

Such as?

I know he's got some good feats under his belt, but most of the times he's beaten people "way above his league", it hasn't been without help of some kind.

abhilegend
Batman, obviously. He's outsmarted nearly every genius in DC like Atom, Lex, Metron, Darkseid etc.

Trackz
Gotta go with T'Challa. Remastered a device to drain the Silver Surfer of his powers. T'Challa doesn't use prep in the conventional sense. He has already thought of ways to defeat damn near everyone and he can enact these plans on the fly.

One of the main reasons he broke up with Storm was because he already had a plan in place to take away her powers. He's done this consistently. I'm also pretty sure he found the cure to cancer and other such diseases.

Outsmarting someone isn't good evidence as it's routinely done to throw people in that category. For that very reason, T'Challa has outsmarted Doom, Stark, and Richards on occasion.

YFZ 350
Isn't BP the 8th smartest man on the planet?

Trackz
Originally posted by abhilegend
Maybe, maybe not. Having better resources doesn't makes you smarter. Anyway, Mary is a mutant and people far less intelligent have found a way to neutralize mutant powers.

He's about as smart as random scientist in Weapon X. Bravo.

who's smarter, someone who uses a lab an hours of research to accomplish something, or someone who uses whatever they can find in their kitchen?

DarkSaint85
Lol the guy in the kitchen's smarter.

Especially if he achieves the same results as lab guy.

Vanguard
Panther

Rage.Of.Olympus
In terms of pure scientific acumen, Black Panther would get my money, he's more like Mr. Terrific then Batman in that regard. I also get the sense that Panther routinely operates with more complicated and advanced technology on average in comparison to Batman. That doesn't mean he's more intelligent as there are more factors involved in determining this. Batman for example is the greater detective. Not sure who's more cunning or sneaky as both are written as very competent in a world full of improbably dumb individuals. Bruce has outsmarted Joker but Panther has one-upped Doctor Doom so he's no slouch either.

Batman has a better understanding of the human psychosis while Panther is more well versed in magic and other more non-traditional methods. Panther is very similar to Batman but with some Victor Von Doom thrown into the mix.

Just my observation.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
In terms of pure scientific acumen, Black Panther would get my money, he's more like Mr. Terrific then Batman in that regard. I also get the sense that Panther routinely operates with more complicated and advanced technology on average in comparison to Batman. That doesn't mean he's more intelligent as there are more factors involved in determining this. Batman for example is the greater detective. Not sure who's more cunning or sneaky as both are written as very competent in a world full of improbably dumb individuals. Bruce has outsmarted Joker but Panther has one-upped Doctor Doom so he's no slouch either.

Batman has a better understanding of the human psychosis while Panther is more well versed in magic and other more non-traditional methods. Panther is very similar to Batman but with some Victor Von Doom thrown into the mix.

Just my observation.

This.

I'd pick Batman to profile a criminal and solve a series of crimes and Black Panther to make me some whack tech or help me understand mysticism.

janus77
What do "Detective skills" require, as far as intelligence goes?

Is it really that different from observation, reasoning, analysis and a good memory?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This.

I'd pick Batman to profile a criminal and solve a series of crimes and Black Panther to make me some whack tech or help me understand mysticism.

Yeah. There's some overlap as Panther just by virtue of being so cunning and intelligent is an excellent crime fighter and has shown enough that I doubt there's any situation or crime that he'd be unable to solve and Batman, particularly on the Justice League, is the tech guy and has appropriated or created some advanced technology. But generally, that's where the two reside on the totem pole imho.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by janus77
What do "Detective skills" require, as far as intelligence goes?

Is it really that different from observation, reasoning, analysis and a good memory? It's called forensic science iirc.

janus77
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It's called forensic science iirc.
I thought "forensic science" was just the application of a bunch of natural sciences with respect to crimes. As well as the use of psychological findings/analysis.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Isn't BP the 8th smartest man on the planet? I believe he once stated he was the 8th smartest man on the planet. Batman has been said to be "one" of the smartest.

JakeTheBank
Batman's probably got the widest array of skills and disciplines in DC, but I don't think he's particularly more intelligent than the likes of Luthor, Sivana, Humanite, T.O. Morrow, Niles Caulder, and a host of others.

namorsubby
Batman takes this imo. All the specific profiling of "types of intelligence" just murk things up if you ask me. He's a "I find out whatever tf I need to in order to overcome any circumstance" type of intelligent . I mean really who in comics pulls out a trump card(plot device) against anyone and everyone on such a regular basis?.....I'll wait.

JakeTheBank
Dr. Doom. And on a higher scale than Batman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Isn't BP the 8th smartest man on the planet?
Batman is second smartest person on his earth.

juggernaut74
Dr. Doom. And on a higher scale than Batman. Actually it's been noted several times in this thread that Panther does that to Doom....

juggernaut74
Batman is second smartest person on his earth. How can you prove that?

abhilegend
How can you prove that?
By actual statements?

juggernaut74
By actual statements? You have scan or issue #? That would be great because I know for a fact Panther himself stated he was the 8th on Marvel earth.

JakeTheBank
Actually it's been noted several times in this thread that Panther does that to Doom....

Usually with extreme difficulty and as Doomwar showed us, at considerable cost to himself and his kingdom. Panther doesn't routinely outsmart Doom, though. Even the guy with the best track record against Doom - Reed Richards - winds up getting out smarted by him on some level fairly regularly and is constantly put to the test when facing him.

Ultimately a moot point, though, as Doom's plot device shenanigans against the rest of the Marvel Universe are superior to Batman's against the DCU.

abhilegend
You have scan or issue #? That would be great because I know for a fact Panther himself stated he was the 8th on Marvel earth. Originally posted by KidStranglehold
Yeah in HIS universe and please prove that Batman is the second smartest person on DC Earth, when there are many people that have more raw intelligence than him. Those people including Lex.
It has been repeatedly stated that Mr. Terrific is the third smartest being on planet behind Lex and Bruce.

juggernaut74
It has been repeatedly stated that Mr. Terrific is the third smartest being on planet behind Lex and Bruce. I was hoping for a scan saying this. I recall Terrific being 3rd though.

Cogito
It has been repeatedly stated that Mr. Terrific is the third smartest being on planet behind Lex and Bruce.

It was stated that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest person in the DCnU. When was it stated who the top 2 were?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cogito
It was stated that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest person in the DCnU. When was it stated who the top 2 were? Yea, I wanna know also.

abhilegend
I was hoping for a scan saying this. I recall Terrific being 3rd though. Originally posted by Cogito
It was stated that Mr. Terrific is the 3rd smartest person in the DCnU. When was it stated who the top 2 were?
Terrific was also stated to be 3rd smartest being on earth preboot too. Its from a checkmate issue which I don't have atm unfortunately.

JakeTheBank
Terrific's been called that quite a few times, usually in bios or in random JSA issues.

Batman being #2 smartest man on the planet, I can't honestly recall. World's Greatest Detective, most dangerous man on Earth, one of the greatest tacticians on the planet, sure. But second smartest guy? Idk. I really don't see him being smarter than Palmer, Caulder, Humanite, Sivana, T.O Morrow, etc. Cunning =/= raw intelligence (though Batman does have both).

abhilegend
Terrific's been called that quite a few times, usually in bios or in random JSA issues.

Batman being #2 smartest man on the planet, I can't honestly recall. World's Greatest Detective, most dangerous man on Earth, one of the greatest tacticians on the planet, sure. But second smartest guy? Idk. I really don't see him being smarter than Palmer, Caulder, Humanite, Sivana, T.O Morrow, etc. Cunning =/= raw intelligence (though Batman does have both).
He's outsmarted both Atom and Lex several times though.

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.kr/p/special-prep-time.html

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.kr/p/standardadvanced-prep-time.html

JakeTheBank
He's outsmarted both Atom and Lex several times though.

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.kr/p/special-prep-time.html

http://batmanfeats.blogspot.kr/p/standardadvanced-prep-time.html

Not disputing that. The likes of Banner, T'Chala, and Stark have outsmarted Doom (and Richards) from time to time, but neither of them would be ranked smarter than either of them. To that end, I don't think Batman is smarter than Ray Palmer and certainly not Luthor. More cunning and manipulative, sure, but that's something else entirely.

Cogito
Abhi, quick question.

Was it stated that Lex and Bruce are 1 & 2 or are you assuming? The only rank I've ever seen is Terrific @ 3, never seen anyone else ranked.

JakeTheBank
Lex has been stated a few times to be smartest man on the planet across multiple comics (usually in comparison to Superman, who's oftencited as being the strongest/most powerful being on the planet).

I've never seen Batman explicitly stated as being #2, though.

Cogito
Lex has been stated a few times to be smartest man on the planet across multiple comics (usually in comparison to Superman, who's oftencited as being the strongest/most powerful being on the planet).

Yes, usually that's been him saying that about himself, and given the size of his ego I wouldn't trust that statement like I would Terrific stating he's #3. That said, I do believe Lex is #1 and perhaps the most intelligent person in comics when you look at the full range of capabilities. He's not just a tech genius, but also a political genius, a medical genius, etc.

JakeTheBank
Yes, usually that's been him saying that about himself, and given the size of his ego I wouldn't trust that statement like I would Terrific stating he's #3. That said, I do believe Lex is #1 and perhaps the most intelligent person in comics when you look at the full range of capabilities. He's not just a tech genius, but also a political genius, a medical genius, etc.

It's been stated through narrative panels and other characters as well (though Lex certainly would say he's number one).

iceman24567
Dont see how Terrific is third tbh erm

abhilegend
Abhi, quick question.

Was it stated that Lex and Bruce are 1 & 2 or are you assuming? The only rank I've ever seen is Terrific @ 3, never seen anyone else ranked.
They have been stated to be smarter than him in a checkmate issue. Like I said though, I don't have the issue at hand now.Originally posted by KidStranglehold
I'm still waiting for abhilegend to prove to me that Batman is smarter than Superman when it comes to overall raw intelligence...

Batman being smarter than Superman, would mean Batmans brain is basically a supercomputer.
That's DCnU superman. Superman has himself stated that he's as smart as Bruce, not smarter mind you.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_supermanv218921.jpg

Trackz
Originally posted by namorsubby
Batman takes this imo. All the specific profiling of "types of intelligence" just murk things up if you ask me. He's a "I find out whatever tf I need to in order to overcome any circumstance" type of intelligent . I mean really who in comics pulls out a trump card(plot device) against anyone and everyone on such a regular basis?.....I'll wait. Black Panther...this is what he's made his career doing, and he comes up with them on the fly.

abhilegend
So has batman, I'm more impressed with Batman blocking Silver Banshee's scream and redirecting it back at her on the spot than Panther taking away Typhoid Mary's powers.

Mindset
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WBUd-Iei768/UCLMGxdx-CI/AAAAAAAACU8/4N6BkvxcuG4/s1600/dinner-batman-justice.gif

juggernaut74
They have been stated to be smarter than him in a checkmate issue. Like I said though, I don't have the issue at hand now.
I'm going to have to call your bluff.

abhilegend
I'm going to have to call your bluff.
Sure bro, sure.

juggernaut74
Sure bro, sure. That's ok man. I figured you made that up.

abhilegend
That's ok man. I figured you made that up.
That Terrific is the third smartest being on earth and Lex and Bruce are smarter than him? I dunno, read some JSA comics and find out for yourself.Originally posted by Cogito
Abhi, quick question.

Pretty sure Cogito made it up too, right?

deathslash
So has batman, I'm more impressed with Batman blocking Silver Banshee's scream and redirecting it back at her on the spot than Panther taking away Typhoid Mary's powers. So....... you're no impressed that Panther redirected Storm's lightning bolts and then completely neutralized her powers by using a mixture of nature and nanotechnology against her?

abhilegend
Originally posted by deathslash
So....... you're no impressed that Panther redirected Storm's lightning bolts and then completely neutralized her powers by using a mixture of nature and nanotechnology against her?
I was talking about Panther and Typhoid mary. Silver banshee is far more powerful than storm and Batman redirected her scream back at her. Magical scream BTW.

DarkSaint85
That Terrific is the third smartest being on earth and Lex and Bruce are smarter than him? I dunno, read some JSA comics and find out for yourself.
Pretty sure Cogito made it up too, right?

The only time I can think of there being a ranking, was from Carl Draper - and in his opinion (IIRC) Luthor and Wayne were mere geniuses, and were nowhere near Holt.

IIRC.

juggernaut74
That Terrific is the third smartest being on earth and Lex and Bruce are smarter than him? Yea. I figured you just remembered it wrong and it was stated that Terrific was #3.

juggernaut74
According to the DC Universe Infinite Heroes stats as far as intelligence rankings go:

Batman: 85
Lex Luthor:80
Ray Palmer: 75

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The only time I can think of there being a ranking, was from Carl Draper - and in his opinion (IIRC) Luthor and Wayne were mere geniuses, and were nowhere near Holt.

IIRC.
Nope, that was on some fan website of Terrific.Originally posted by juggernaut74
Yea. I figured you just remembered it wrong and it was stated that Terrific was #3.
You figured out wrong as usual.

juggernaut74
Nope, that was on some fan website of Terrific.
You figured out wrong as usual. Hey man your the one who made the claim without any proof. I actually was hoping you could prove it son.

Cogito
Terrific was most recently referred to himself as #3 in Mr. Terrific #1 (DCnU) IIRC.

I can post scans later if needed.

abhilegend
Hey man your the one who made the claim without any proof. I actually was hoping you could prove it son.
And I explained why I can't atm. But hey, I am totally going to search interwebs for such a trivial scan in the holidays. Totes.

juggernaut74
And I explained why I can't atm. But hey, I am totally going to search interwebs for such a trivial scan in the holidays. Totes. You do that and I'll look for the real bigfoot. I'll probably win.

abhilegend
You do that and I'll look for the real bigfoot. I'll probably win.
Its clear that you don't have anything else to say. I would scan and post the scan in a few days perhaps. You go and search bigfoot.

Cogito
Terrific was most recently referred to himself as #3 in Mr. Terrific #1 (DCnU) IIRC.

I can post scans later if needed.

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/Holt3_zps5132c872.jpg

Prof. T.C McAbe
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb378/CogitoXP/Holt3_zps5132c872.jpg

thumb up

Makes you wonder, with guys like Constantine, Lex, Atom, John Irons, Bruce, Kal, what they mean with "smartest man", aliens excluded, robots and machines too, or do they mean a scientific kind of intelligence. I doesn't make any sense to think of a single char as the smartest ever when there are better man at some fields of research then this one.

Rinnigens
Originally posted by KidStranglehold
Some more of inventions/intelligence by T'Challa.

3- Created a quantum teleportation room called the NOWHERE ROOM allowing instantaneous travel across time, alternates and parallel universe simultaneously including ability to locate Doom when he was hidden in a 'cloaked' location AND enable people to sneak past Doom's defenses! Show me Batman inventing something like that.
Dude the Nowhere room sucks, both Reed and T'Challa knew that it would tear someone apart or drive them insane, that was the entire reason they sent Deadpool to find where since he was the only one who can survive going through it, and even when he got out his arm fell off.

In theory it may have been able to access any point in the quantum field, but even T'Challa couldn't get an accurate location of the vibranium that Doom stole.

Shadow Physics isn't even entirely scientific anyway, Panther implied that the entire point of researching ancient alchemy was because he couldn't contend with Doom's use of magic.

Bats has already made several teleporters and even made the JLA's slider technology, the only difference is his teleporters don't cripple or maim someone and are alot more accurate than Panthers.

Batman is smarter, in terms of scientific tech the Insider Suit is better than anything Panther has to offer.

In terms of strategic expertise, in The Return of Bruce Wayne Batman executed a plan that spanned the dawn of time to the end of time to stop Darkseid from tearing reality apart.

He also manipulated Composite Superman into killing himself.

He also defused a bomb that would of wiped out a solar system.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.