Family Tree of the Greek Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supra
http://files.myopera.com/nobeja/albums/11706372/Family%20Tree%20of%20Greek%20Gods.JPG

Stealth Moose
That's a good image actually.

siriuswriter
Nice, Supra. I love the study of the Greek Gods. Looks like everyone there.

Lord Lucien
Zeus is a whore and Eros is barren, oddly.

Stealth Moose
Desire can't be fulfilled or it ceases to be desire. Also, Nyx had herself a Brood of Evil(tm).

Supra
I hoped you guys would like it! Give you a lot to think aboutsmile

Bardock42
Nice diagram! thumb up

Supra
I'm reading about the Titans right now, here is an interesting and pretty onesmile Not all Titans where uglysmile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoebe_(mythology)

Stealth Moose
Nor were they all involved in the war.

Supra
Nope. Cronous ego is about as big as Zeus

Stealth Moose
Chronos and Zeus were both pretty bad men. The former betrayed his mother, subjugated his wife and ate his children. The latter did the same, plus he cheated on his wife endlessly, made the life of any attractive woman he saw hell, and was generally petty. A lot of Greek gods were not likable people nor truly moral. Hermes and Athena might be the only exceptions I can think of and even they have glaring flaws.

Supra
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Chronos and Zeus were both pretty bad men. The former betrayed his mother, subjugated his wife and ate his children. The latter did the same, plus he cheated on his wife endlessly, made the life of any attractive woman he saw hell, and was generally petty. A lot of Greek gods were not likable people nor truly moral. Hermes and Athena might be the only exceptions I can think of and even they have glaring flaws.

Zeus created Athena correct?

Mindship
Yes. Fully grown, right out of his head.

Supra
Originally posted by Mindship
Yes. Fully grown, right out of his head.

Were they ever romantic?

Stealth Moose
Athena was a virtuous virgin.

Supra
Athena was a virtuous virgin.

Im pretty sure that Zues wanter her though?

Stealth Moose
No he didn't. Even though brother-sister incest was common among deities (Hera and Zeus were brother and sister), there is little evidence of parent-daughter incest. Athena did have a mother by the way, whom Zeus swallowed whole after he convinced her to turn into a fly during a game of shapeshifting. Zeus was afraid her male offspring would be a threat to him, but instead she remained in his head and gave birth to Athena.

There's also a less common story about Poseidon, her uncle, attempting to rape her, but I don't know the details. It was never part of the books I commonly read on the topic and it seems very weird given that the two were amiable rivals over a city later on.

Shakyamunison
No he didn't. Even though brother-sister incest was common among deities (Hera and Zeus were brother and sister), there is little evidence of parent-daughter incest. Athena did have a mother by the way, whom Zeus swallowed whole after he convinced her to turn into a fly during a game of shapeshifting. Zeus was afraid her male offspring would be a threat to him, but instead she remained in his head and gave birth to Athena.

There's also a less common story about Poseidon, her uncle, attempting to rape her, but I don't know the details. It was never part of the books I commonly read on the topic and it seems very weird given that the two were amiable rivals over a city later on.

Humans make up the strangest things.

Supra

The Poseidon thing was between Poseidon and Hera thus creating Medusa correct?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.