Ion vs. Shuma-Gorath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

backup
Rules:

- The battle takes place in the realm of Shuma-Gorath.

- Win by any mean.

- HoG Ion is used in this battle.

Who win this fight?

pym-ftw
Probably Shuma, but he isn't as uber as his first appearance.

abhilegend
Ion rapes him by his own tentacles.

Iron-man
I'm pretty sure Shuma could win in his realm(Dr.Strange only won by using Shuma Gorath's powers aganist himself)

abhilegend
Originally posted by Iron-man
I'm pretty sure Shuma could win in his realm(Dr.Strange only won by using Shuma Gorath's powers aganist himself)
And that means he can beat someone who was more powerful than ZH Parallax and a peer of spectre?

Glorificus
Shuma wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Glorificus
Shuma wins.
This is getting ridiculous. How is Shuma beating Ion?

operator616
Both of the characters lack feats. Both of them "sound" impressive. It was stated that Ion could alter reality while holding the threads of reality in place so that the action wouldn't have catastrophic consequences, or something along those lines. Which is pretty impressive. On the other hand Shuma was stated to rule a hundred dimensions........So i can understand people voting for either character.

Though there's still that low showing for Shuma where he lost to an amped Strange, along with a couple of others outside his realm, as opposed to Ion.

pym-ftw
You mean when the team beat his "fingernail"?

Golgo13
Ion.

operator616
Originally posted by pym-ftw
You mean when the team beat his "fingernail"?

No, i wasn't referring to his recent performance (which was a disappointing one; not that i expected anything else from Shuma, be it an aspect of him or otherwise), but rather his other unimpressive performances like in Conan and Marvel Knights 4, as well as others (i could post scans for all of those, so let me know). I had a discussion about this topic a few months ago, in fact.

Iron-man
To be fair Ion isn't exactly the best that it used to be after a few retcons.

Originally posted by abhilegend
And that means he can beat someone who was more powerful than ZH Parallax and a peer of spectre?
May ask for the scans for both of those statement. The thing is that Shuma has the advantage at his own realm when he is suppose to be all powerful in that realm.

Golgo13
To be fair Ion isn't exactly the best that it used to be after a few retcons.

May ask for the scans for both of those statement. The thing is that Shuma has the advantage at his own realm when he is suppose to be all powerful in that realm.

Is OP using Ion 1?

Q99

May ask for the scans for both of those statement.

I can't provide the scans, but the original Ion is simply ZH Parallax's power plus the remaining GL power than Hal didn't snag.

The later versions of Ion don't have that full power, but the original has everything ZH Parallax had and more.

Iron-man
Originally posted by Q99
I can't provide the scans, but the original Ion is simply ZH Parallax's power plus the remaining GL power than Hal didn't snag.

The later versions of Ion don't have that full power, but the original has everything ZH Parallax had and more.
Then I guess I change my vote for to Ion if that's all true. I'm just curious on exactly how powerful the original Ion WAS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.