Boba Fett film possibly coming

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2

Kazenji
So this is going ahead now?

last i heard about a Boba Fett movie was when Joe Johnston brought up the idea.

steverules_2
Fett's pretty bad ass...a movie with him may not be a bad idea...just no Boba Fett christmas specials with his ma and pa and the other Fett family members (yes I know Fett's a clone)

Kazenji
Lawrence Kasdan onboard for the writer?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=92391

Supra
Ill def see this one!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Lawrence Kasdan onboard for the writer?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=92391

it will most likely be written by karen traviss.. lol

Kazenji
**** that shit

already messed up Gears of war with her input.

jinXed by JaNx
I think It's a terrible idea to give a single character from the star wars universe their own feature length movie. It comes off as nothing but a gimmick to me. Boba Fett is a cool character but he is not important enough to the Star Wars universe to dedicate an entire film to. This could work as an animated movie but definitely not a live action feature length. I think Star Wars needs to do any and everything it can to get out of the past.

Kazenji
Dark Horse wants a chat with you

also its a thing Disney has planned to do some solo movies.

steverules_2
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I think It's a terrible idea to give a single character from the star wars universe their own feature length movie. It comes off as nothing but a gimmick to me. Boba Fett is a cool character but he is not important enough to the Star Wars universe to dedicate an entire film to. This could work as an animated movie but definitely not a live action feature length. I think Star Wars needs to do any and everything it can to get out of the past.

So...none of the original characters or cast in the new star wars movies? You said they need to get out of the past, so that would mean no original star wars characters or the actors who portrayed them

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
it will most likely be written by karen traviss.. lol Ffffuuuuuuuu

jinXed by JaNx
Dark Horse wants a chat with you

also its a thing Disney has planned to do some solo movies.

Dark horse? Yeah, i'd love to have a chat with those cats.I have all kinds of ideas that would resonate through out their readers. Just lack an artists skill of drawing. laughing out loud

I don't know, yeah I think a boba fett movie would be alright. As long as it was handled properly. There has to be an incentive more than money that drives a story and that's that the impression I got from the prequels. I saw some of the actors passion come through, the screen ( there weren't many, but I saw them ). I suppose I need to leave that wreck behind.

As long as it promotes discussion then that's all that matters, I suppose.

Kazenji
Dark horse? Yeah, i'd love to have a chat with those cats.I have all kinds of ideas that would resonate through out their readers. Just lack an artists skill of drawing. laughing out loud

Dissing the artist that are over there..... erm

they have better ones then some other comic book companies.

Flyattractor
I. This could work as an animated movie but definitely not a live action feature length. rock

Cause lets face it. If they make this live action. It will be about Boba not wearing the helmet either at all or not putting it on until the last 5 minutes of the movie.

That and having some lame ass LOVE interest thrown in for ...."The GIRLS"

Stealth Moose
Boba Fett is uninteresting and should never have attracted a following (Wedge was much better). I hope this movie is terrible and aborts most of the EU surrounding his history, and then he dies in obscurity in the bowels of a desert worm.

BruceSkywalker
so.. is Jeremy Bulloch available

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Boba Fett is uninteresting and should never have attracted a following (Wedge was much better). I hope this movie is terrible and aborts most of the EU surrounding his history, and then he dies in obscurity in the bowels of a desert worm. Spoken like a true Prequel fan.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Spoken like a true Prequel fan.

You're way off-base. I much prefer the OT. Boba Fett is just stupid looking and had no personality to speak of, so his fandom came out of nowhere.

Flyattractor
You're way off-base. I much prefer the OT. Boba Fett is just stupid looking and had no personality to speak of, so his fandom came out of nowhere.

someone needs to spend a night on hoth.

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Flyattractor
someone needs to spend a night on hoth.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/mgorinev/NObear.jpg

steverules_2

I love Fett, think he's an awesome character, he's bad ass with a sense of mystery about him

Stealth Moose
Tell me, what's his characterization in the original trilogy?

... Besides standing still, being stoic, and having a Ghostbuster outfit with armor glued on?

Lestov16
Fett is memorable as a henchman, like Wez from Mad Max 2. IDK if I'd be interested in an entire film about him.

steverules_2

... Besides standing still, being stoic, and having a Ghostbuster outfit with armor glued on?

I would but I'm on an iPhone typing this, if I was at home on my computer where a spell checker doesn't change my every word then I would

Firefly218
A movie about a bad ass bounty hunter in space. thumb up thumb up thumb up

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by steverules_2
I would but I'm on an iPhone typing this, if I was at home on my computer where a spell checker doesn't change my every word then I would

I'll save you a wealth of time. There's dwarves in the Hobbit series with more characterization.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Firefly218
A movie about a bad ass bounty hunter in space. thumb up thumb up thumb up

A bad ass with only a pistol, a jet-pack & a grappling hook.
Then whoever gets to play him will have the helmet off 3/4 of the movie...

Sounds fun. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
A bad ass with only a pistol, a jet-pack & a grappling hook.
Then whoever gets to play him will have the helmet off 3/4 of the movie...

Sounds fun. roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh I would doubt he wears the helmet THAT MUCH!

Kazenji
Fett has plenty of material with the EU but i'm sure Disney will ignore most of that.

Flyattractor
Yeah but way to much of that is way too heavy on the Fanboy Whap scale to be really good.

Esau Cairn

That's really the point with all of Lucas' characters...they're only iconic in name & not personality.

Stealth Moose
Sorry but Obi-Wan Kenobi was awesome. So was Han Solo.

I can't accept this as fact.

Esau Cairn

I can't accept this as fact.

I'm saying the villains had shallow characterisation...everyone remembers their "catchy" names but Vader & Bobba for example, did little on screen but stand around looking menacing.

Vader had a sabre fight in each movie & Bobba went from standing in the background of Empire to his quick demise in Jedi.

Kazenji
I guess that is true to the average movie goer in a way

except for those that actually read the various stories from Dark Horse Comics where they did alot more with the characters.

Supra
Fett has plenty of material with the EU but i'm sure Disney will ignore most of that.

Oh your a boba fan boy, now I get why I hurt your feelings.

Kazenji
**** OFF

damn troll.

Supra
**** OFF

damn troll.

And this? I responded in here before you even got in that other thread

Originally posted by Supra
Ill def see this one!

Name calling is trolling btw.

jinXed by JaNx
Dissing the artist that are over there..... erm

they have better ones then some other comic book companies.

Dissing? No man, not at all. I have the up most respect for Dark Horse. They've always been my favorite company. You're right, and I agree but I actually think they have MOST of the best artists, already. Dark Horse has always been the best company in terms of taking chances as well as not pulling any punches. The only reason I included the laughing emoticon is because you said, Dark Horse wanted a chat with me I was laughing at that idea, I would love an opportunity to speak with an artist from Dark Horse, today, as an adult. When I was a child I actually grew up next door to one of their artists...,Christopher Moeller. He wrote Shadow Empires, (Iron Empires). He was a most cool cat. I'll never forget the day he dropped off like two black garbage bags full of comics off at my house eek! It's what REALLY got me into comics. Man, he was a really nice guy. He showed me around his studio and everything, so yea I have the up most respect for Dark Horse, but not because some really nice dude gave me a bunch of cool stuff, because their business ethics and products wink

DARTH POWER

thumb up

Esau Cairn
I guess that is true to the average movie goer in a way

except for those that actually read the various stories from Dark Horse Comics where they did alot more with the characters.

Yes, but more people have seen only the movies compared to the geeks & sci-fi fans that followed the comics & novels.

NemeBro
I'm saying the villains had shallow characterisation...everyone remembers their "catchy" names but Vader & Bobba for example, did little on screen but stand around looking menacing.

Vader had a sabre fight in each movie & Bobba went from standing in the background of Empire to his quick demise in Jedi. Vader had characterization as a ruthless, brutal, but ultimately emotionally fragile and even trouble old man. He hated the Emperor for what he did to him, and would entertain delusions of rebellion, but was so pants-shittingly terrified of Palpatine that those delusions never were made a reality, until he was inspired by Luke, his own flesh and blood's, courage to take matters into his own hands and save the galaxy. His helmet is removed in his last few moments, revealing the broken man he is, yet he is smiling, glad to finally have freed himself from Palpatine's tyranny, and happy that his son was able to avoid the mistakes he made.

This is just OT.

Characters like Tarkin are also more memorable than Boba Fett, as is Palpatine himself.

IceBreaker2000
Whats the point in giving such a stupid ass character his own movie? Next you be tellin me the bartender in Mos Eisley cantina will get his own movie.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by NemeBro
Vader had characterization as a ruthless, brutal, but ultimately emotionally fragile and even trouble old man. He hated the Emperor for what he did to him, and would entertain delusions of rebellion, but was so pants-shittingly terrified of Palpatine that those delusions never were made a reality, until he was inspired by Luke, his own flesh and blood's, courage to take matters into his own hands and save the galaxy. His helmet is removed in his last few moments, revealing the broken man he is, yet he is smiling, glad to finally have freed himself from Palpatine's tyranny, and happy that his son was able to avoid the mistakes he made.

But you've used hindsight & your own personal opinion to come to this conclusion.
All Lucas ever gave us on screen was a helmetted character with a voice over who walked around stiffly.
There was no indication of a fragile,troubled old man who both hated & fear the Emperor...that is simply what you're pieced together.
Alot of people hated when his helmet was finally removed...that forced father/son bonding moment was just too far fetched.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by IceBreaker2000
Next you be tellin me the bartender in Mos Eisley cantina will get his own movie.

Alien Barfly Bukake.

NemeBro
But you've used hindsight & your own personal opinion to come to this conclusion.
All Lucas ever gave us on screen was a helmetted character with a voice over who walked around stiffly.
There was no indication of a fragile,troubled old man who both hated & fear the Emperor...that is simply what you're pieced together.
Alot of people hated when his helmet was finally removed...that forced father/son bonding moment was just too far fetched. No, that is all using material from the OT. Vader was always intended to be a broken, pathetic shell of a man finding salvation in his final moments, as evidenced by his joining of Obi-wan and Yoda as Force Ghosts.

A lot of people hated when his helmet was removed because a lot of stupid mongoloids who thought Vader was just this infallible badass dark lord were disappointed to see how sad and pathetic he really was. Their own ignorant self-delusions were thrown in their faces and shredded to pieces, so they railed out against Lucas' vision.

Vader always had a character in the OT. The tragic, sad, pathetic element was always there. This is especially obvious in the final movie, for reasons I have already illustrated.

Stealth Moose
Vader had characterization as a ruthless, brutal, but ultimately emotionally fragile and even trouble old man. He hated the Emperor for what he did to him, and would entertain delusions of rebellion, but was so pants-shittingly terrified of Palpatine that those delusions never were made a reality, until he was inspired by Luke, his own flesh and blood's, courage to take matters into his own hands and save the galaxy. His helmet is removed in his last few moments, revealing the broken man he is, yet he is smiling, glad to finally have freed himself from Palpatine's tyranny, and happy that his son was able to avoid the mistakes he made.

This is just OT.

Characters like Tarkin are also more memorable than Boba Fett, as is Palpatine himself.

thumb up

Esau Cairn
No, that is all using material from the OT.

I have to ask, what does OT stand for?

NemeBro
Original Trilogy.

Esau Cairn
Well that's what I'm talking about too as my source.

Vader was a stiff, one dimensional character.

What scene does he show hatred & fear of the Emperor?

What scene does Vader entertain delusions of rebellion???

And Palpatine was never mentioned in the OT so your reference to him points to hindsight & personal opinion.

NemeBro
Well that's what I'm talking about too as my source.

Vader was a stiff, one dimensional character.

He was not.

Hatred when he speaks with Luke about overthrowing Palpatine in ROTJ, fear when he promptly shut up and acted like a meek puppy when actually in his presence.

Read above.

I call him Palpatine because I find it less tedious to type than The Emperor.

Esau Cairn

Hatred when he speaks with Luke about overthrowing Palpatine in ROTJ, fear when he promptly shut up and acted like a meek puppy when actually in his presence.

I have no recollection of that conversation re: Vader's hatred/ overthrowing Palpatine.

And acting like a meek puppy in his presence...isn't that just showing respect to those above you?

You don't see a soldier standing at ease smoking a cigarette in the presence of a General.

NemeBro
I remembered the scene wrong partly: He does not openly foster thoughts of rebellion, but he does sorrowfully tell his son that it is too late for him (Vader), and seems melancholic of the fact (In his mind) that his son will follow the same path he did.

NemeBro
All right, Vader wanting to rebel against the Emperor with Luke did happen, but I got the movie wrong. It actually happened in ESB, in the most iconic scene in the franchise:

Lbjru5CQIW4

"Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Join me, and together, we can rule the galaxy. As father and son."

jinXed by JaNx
I have no recollection of that conversation re: Vader's hatred/ overthrowing Palpatine.

And acting like a meek puppy in his presence...isn't that just showing respect to those above you?

You don't see a soldier standing at ease smoking a cigarette in the presence of a General.

Not to but in your discussion here but I remember the first few times I watched the OT I always felt that Vadar feared and hated the Emperor. I can see how, Vadar could seem one dimensional because a lot of his development comes from the exposition of other characters. There are very few scenes in the OT that display him as a character with internal struggles and goals. The few times that he does have developmental dialogue are quite powerful though. These scenes really don't start until, Empire strikes back. I think the entire battle with luke showed that he was merely following orders because he feared his masters power and his true ambition was to over throw the Emperor and rule the galaxy in his image. I think this is clearly stated in several scenes of dialogue and even a few scenes where the camera stays still on vadar with no music, which insinuate thought. His fear and hatred for the Emperor is certainly verified at the end of, Jedi. I don't think it could have been made more clear why he made the decisions he did as vadar and what led him to follow the Emperor, after saving Luke, and damning himself in the process.

Esau Cairn
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to play down Vader's infamy...he is an iconic figure of a lot of people's childhood memories, including mine as well. But every hero needs a good villain.
Yes, Vader was badass but compared to the heroes of the trilogy (Luke, Han, Obi, Leia), he was also one dimensional.

I think that as the story-line became more convoluted (Luke & Leia being Vader's siblings), Lucas realised Vader needed a bit more complexity to his character, thus the lingering shots, thus making the audience realise that there's actually a human being inside the costume.

I honestly don't think there's enough proof to say that Vader's fear & hatred of the Emperor was the deciding/turning point for saving/helping Luke take down Palpatine.

Jedi was the most family orientated, feel good movie of the trilogy.
Han gets saved. The villains (Bobba, Jabba, Vader,Palp) get their demise. Han gets the girl, Luke discovers a sibling & achieves Jedi status...everybody got a happy ending or their justified demise.
In this sense Lucas HAD to give Vader more humanity than the previous 2 movies. Vader finally had character but too little too late.

Kazenji
This is from Latino Review

DARTH POWER
^ That's like a huge slap in the face to the Prequels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.